Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ביקרת בקמפוס? אנא עדכן

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 51 עד 100 (מתוך 217 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • JoeCool
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 267

To: kassifo

Thanks for your reply.

However, as far as work goes, September is probably out of the question. July is a real possibilty and most of the schools still have information sessions during July (not August) but I will not be able to see a class.

As to your points about picking a school, if I should be so lucky as to have to choose between a few I get in to then I will gladly make another trip before I make a decision since there are many other factors, like my family, which need to looked out for when making a decision.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you feel i should go and get whatever I can out of a visit, so i can see the school, write a better application and make a good impression. If so, then I will go in July, and make what I can out of it.

I can only hope I will need another trip to decide between the many schools who accept me to their programs…

Aaron

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

To: JoeCool

I think a July visit won't help you a lot. It's probably better than nothing but again, you won't be able to meet students and go to classes. Also, bear in mind most students are working during the summer so they won't be around. I guess if you can make two trips that's OK (again, better than nothing) but I do not recommend visiting in the summer.

JoeCool
    חבר

To: All

Hello All,

As I mentioned, due to work related responsibilities I will not be able to travel to the U.S. in September. Therefore, rather then not go at all, I have decided to travel and visit the Schools (who were very welcoming) during July. I have a few questions regarding the planning of my trip.

1. What should I wear when visiting a school? How dressed up should I be? there are no interviews planned yet, but I will be attending a class. Does it matter which school it is? I plan to visit: Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Wharton, Yale.

2. Will any of you current students or recent Alumni of the following schools be around to meet and talk to for a half hour or so during the summer? I will be in the following cities for at least 1 day during my trip and would gladly make the effort to come meet with you: NY, Philadelphia, Boston, New Haven CT., Scranton PA., Baltimore MD., Washington D.C., Burlington VT. or anywhere in the near area (1 hr. drive away or so). I am especially intrested in Students/Alumni from Chicago and UCLA which I will not be visiting and of course all of the schools mentioned above: Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Wharton, Yale. Or anybody else who would like to share their wisdom and experience with me.

Thank you all very much, in advance,

Aaron

eyam
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 47

Hi there

I would like to ask you a few questions about your visit to the schools. Could you get in touch with me? egrundstein SHTRUDEL yahoo.com

JoeCool
    חבר

To: eyam

I will post a summary of my visit, hopefully in the next couple of days.

After that I will be glad to answer any questions…

alkabir
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

Hi there budy.

First of all Thank's for all the "stories" from your trip.

I'm planning on going to Boston this October to visit HBS & MIT and maybee more Univ. exept I don't know which ones are close and my bigger problem is how can I scedual to meet some Israeli students or lecturers in advance?

If I can contact you and ask you a few questions about your trip Iwould be greatfull so please let me know.

amir

[email protected]

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

To: alkabir

Amir, you can contact me regarding MIT and I can also put you in touch with HBS people.

[email protected]

JoeCool
    חבר

Hello All,
    Despite it being July, I went to visit some of the Business Schools which interested me on the East coast. It was a very informative trip, although the full effect of most schools was not appreciated due to the summer break.
    However, I feel that I have learnt a lot about the schools and how to approach the application for each one of them. So I will now gladly share my experiences with the Forum, in chronological order:

General Assessments:
    1. The meetings with recent alumni or current students were way more valuable to me then the official information sessions. It allowed me to understand how the school works and the important aspect of the program for me.
    2. The information sessions allowed me a deeper understanding of what the school is looking for in a candidate in the admissions process way more then what is understood from their literature and/or website.
    3. At all of the schools I took the opportunity to check out the Financial Aid and the Career Development Programs, but I will only refer to them briefly in my comments.

Harvard
    Harvard is by far the most impressive of the schools I visited. The Business school campus is separated from the rest of the University (the other side of the river) and is dedicated entirely to the 1800 students (900 a year) in the MBA program.
    Even in the summer, the campus feels serious and demanding while giving off an air of superiority. The People (students and employees), the buildings and even the greenery stand tall full of a feeling of elitism, but not in a bad way, but rather in an inviting way, so as to say: come join us and be part of the best!
    The admissions people were very nice and cooperative. They helped me set up a meeting in Boston with a recent Alumni before I continued to the school and participated in the official information session.
    The information session was a small group, but very representative of the range of applicants to the school, in background as well as in Nationality. The admissions officer was very nice and to the point, being very straightforward about the school and it's application process as she could be.
    Harvard knows that it is one of the best and knows that they will only receive top applications. But there really is no specific package that they are looking for. However, they make it very clear that they do not create leaders. They want to see a lot of leadership experience and potential, so as to be sure that if you are accepted you will definitely be a successful alumni which they can be proud of.
    The feel of the place is like a Gentleman's club, with lush carpeting and wide lounging chairs around coffee tables with large paintings on the walls in the clasroom buildings. The classrooms are state of the art, comfortable stadium seating around a high-tech black board with wireless connectivity. The library has a feel of a serious learning facility and the student building has a huge cafeteria and many rooms at the disposal of the students for congregating, studying or entertaining comfortably. The gym is well equipped and the campus is beautiful. All in all, a very impressive campus and school.
    For students there are very comfortable loans through the school, which are very necessary since the school is the priciest I know of.
    The work placement and career development services are very impressive. They will work with you from day 1 and will provide as much help as possible through out the process of looking for an internship and then a full time job.

Yale
    Due to a horrible accident on I-95 (I was not involved in it but was delayed) I did not make it to Yale on time to meet with the admissions officer. However, the admissions office were very helpful and welcoming and I am sorry I did not get a chance to meet them in person. They put me in contact with a number of current students who were helpful too.
    I did see the campus, which is similar to Harvard and Columbia in regards to the big impressive structures surrounded by greenery. But other then that I cannot coment on the facilities.
    The impression I got of the school, is of a small yet growing program directed at achieving a higher regard in the Business Schools world and ratings. They are eager to meet international students as part of this process and of a process of creating a top level program on an international level.

Columbia
    I was actually at Columbia twice. The first time I spent an hour and a half speaking with a current student and attending a class (they have classes during the summer for the program which starts in January). The second time I was there for the official information session.
    Columbia has an impressive campus, especially when considering this is in the middle of the biggest city in the world. I came out of the subway on 116th St. and stepped in to lots of green, trees & grass, and beautiful buildings, sculptures and fountains.
    The main building used by the Business School is on campus, and has a feeling of old meets new. Inside it felt like a typical school building, lined with lockers. The classes were not as comfortable in this building, yet electricity and internet connections were at every seat. The other building used by the Business School is across the street from the main campus. This is a newer building with nicer classrooms and where the guest speakers addressing larger crowds are given. The information session was in a newer classroom (showing off?).
    Out of all the places I visited, the admissions office was by far the coldest. However, the admissions officer conducting the information session was very nice and helpful. The Financial aid office weren't too nice either and didn't really seem to want to answer my questions. However, at Columbia they have a club of students who help out through the applications process. All of the students I met through the Hermes program were very nice and open about the school.
    The school claims to have a very Internationally oriented program. They look for diversity in students, teachers and backgrounds. They also claim to teach towards a more international understanding of the business world. The sections here are smaller, but very close together. However, many students stated how at Columbia you can easily have two lives, one at school and one outside of school, it is your choice. The program doesn't expect to have you totally immersed, although they would to, but rather they understand this is New York and there are a lot
    of other things going on.
    As with the other NY school, they play that card often, whether in regards to job opportunity, culture, or the weekly guest speaker who just hops in his Limo and comes for a visit.
    Another important point is the access to faculty and Alumni which they are very helpful about.
    I was amazed in Columbia to hear about the Jewish awareness. Kosher wrapped sandwiches in the cafeteria, kosher buffet every Thursday night as part of the weekly get together and even consideration in Jewish holidays when setting dates for finals.

NYU
    The "other" NY school, is very different. First off there is no campus. All of Greenwich Village is the NYU campus. The Business School is in a very nice building in the heart of downtown, not far from the NYU library. The building is constantly renovated and has a "new" and up-to-date feeling about it. There is a wireless environment and contrary to Columbia, the feelings from all of the offices (we even visited the job placement office on the tour) were very friendly and helpful.
    The classes were of a reasonable standard (somewhere between the good and bad classes of Columbia), and seemed well enough equipped.
    There are many study areas and open congregating areas around the building, probably for the lack of a real campus. Again the pluses of being in NY and at the center of the financial world plays a big part in job placement and guest speakers (they don't even need the Limo, they can just walk) as well as access to all the city has to offer.
    NYU seems to have growing MBA program always trying to get better. Therefore they claim much freedom in choosing your courses and the option of specializing in up to three fields. However, the admissions process is different here, they promise to give you an answer within 12 weeks, but they will use every last second, all the while looking for the best candidates, rather then committing to a candidate too early.

Wharton
    By far, this is the most hard skill oriented school I visited. They clearly come out and state their belief that the Hard skills take way over 50% (and 60%) of their teachings. This is there belief and I had a hard time connecting to this, for this is exactly the reason why I am looking at an MBA in the <st1:country-region>U.S.</st1:country-region> rather then here in <st1:country-region>Israel</st1:country-region>.
    However, as they mentioned more then once, they are the oldest B-School and have lots of experience and the good name to prove it. But don't kid yourselves, this is a school where they expect you to work, and work hard.
    The building where most of the B-school operates is very cold, with a cold feeling to it. The classrooms are comfortable and well equipped. Something I found strange though, was that many of the halls were lined with study rooms. Study rooms are common at all schools as I mentioned above, but they were rarely put along major hallways with lots of traffic, since they are actually just one big window. All the passers-by must be a distraction.
    Philadelphia seems like a nice city, however the university is definitely not in the best part of town. The admissions people and the financial aid people were very nice and forthcoming and tried to be as helpful as possible in giving details about each process.
    Being the school that it is, they are looking for leadership in the old-fashioned sense. Also they have a lot of respect for your recommendation and proof of a job well done in the past. The program is less Internationally oriented, although they have many international students, probably because they do not encourage the interaction in class (of course this depends on the teacher and his method), however a case study symposium is not something you will find in class.

Obviously there is more to say about each place, but I regret not posting sooner, and since I have been sick, I have forgotten something's (even though I wrote stuff down during my trip). I hope my little experience helps any of you out there.
    Please feel free to ask me any questions either here, in the forum, or at aazucker"at"netvision.net.il

Thank you for your patient reading.
    Aaron

guylevit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

Hello

In the end of September I am planning to make a tour in Stanford, Berkeley, MIT and possibly Carnegie mellon

I went over all the massages here, and still have some questions to people who did campus tours:

1. Are there any tips for makeing the visit more effective?

2. Besides scheduling a lecture, that I need to do in advance, it looks like I can just pop up there. Is it that simple?

3 .I understand that sitting with a student is recommended. How do I contact one?

4. What is the dress code in each school?

Thanks,

Guy

JoeCool
    חבר

To: guylevit

I would be in contact with the admissions office by e-mail. They can clarify any "procedures" necessary and will then be expecting you, rather then youjust poping in.

Also, if you ask, they will usually set up a srudent for you to meet and sepdn time with.

As for dress code, i did not visit any of the schools on your list so i can't really help you. But to my understanding, on the West coast it is very casual.

Enjoy the trip, and try to get a feel for each school. Your goal should be to understand what is special/different in each school.

yonis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 73

להלן רשמי מביקורי ב- CHICAGO:

הקמפוס עצמו הוא גדול והבניינים שבו בנויים בסיגנון גותי, כמו כנסיות וקתדרלות באירופה, דבר שמעניק להם מראה מאוד ייחודי ומושך, לפי דעתי. הזכירו לי קצת את המבנים באוניברסיטת YALE, שבמקרה יצא לי לראות אותה באופן לא מתוכנן וללא קשר ל-MBA.

הבניין שבו שוכן בית הספר הוקם בהשקעה של כ-120 מיליון דולר. התחושה בפנים היא של בניין של חברת היי טק לכל דבר. יש חלל מרכזי גדול וגבוה ביותר שדרכו חודר אור רב למבנה.
    הכיתות מעוצבות בצורה מאוד פונקציונלית, אחרי שהשקיעו מחקר בבחירת העיצוב האופטימלי והאפקטיבי ביותר שלהן. עזרי ההוראה בכיתה הם מהמתקדמים ביותר שראיתי, גם לעומת ביקורים בבתי ספר אחרים (הרוורד, וורטון, סטנפורד, קולומביה).
    כמובן שבכיתות גם יש עמדות WIRELESS (עד כמה שאני זוכר) לחיבור המחשב הנייד שלך.
    יש ברחבי בית הספר עמדות מחשבים שניתן לבדוק בהם דואר אלקטרוני או משהו באינטרנט, ללא הצורך ממש להיכנס ולשבת בחוות מחשבים, אלא תוך כדי הליכה מכיתה למקום אחר וכדומה.
    יש כיתות ללימוד קבוצתי, עם מסכי פלזמה גדולים על הקיר, כך שכל אחד בכיתת הלימוד יכול לחבר את המחשב הנייד שלו ולהציג לשאר חברי הקבוצה על המסך הגדול. אפילו 2 מתוך 4 קירות החדר מצופים בחומר שניתן לכתוב עליו עם טושים מחיקים.

יש חדרי הלבשה בקומה התחתונה, כך שאם יש יום עם ראיונות אז ניתן להחליף לחליפה רק עבור הראיונות, מבלי הצורך להסתובב איתה כל היום. כמובן שהלוקרים גם טובים לכל מקרה אחר שבו אתה לא רוצה להסתובב עם כל הדברים שלך איתך.

האוירה בשיעורים שבהם השתתפתי ומהשיחות שניהלתי, הן עם סטודנטים ישראלים וסטודנטים לא ישראלים, היא מאוד נעימה ורגועה. אווירה של שיחרור באופן כללי וחוסר לחץ (כמובן לא מייצג תקופה של ראיונות למעסיקים פוטנציאליים). ממש קיבלתי את ההרגשה שהלימודים בבית הספר הם שנתיים של כיף (כמובן שאין להתבלבל ולהבין שהלימודים שם הם לא רציניים או לא ברמה הגבוהה ביותר), ולומדים באמת בשביל ללמוד דברים חדשים ולקחת סיכונים גם עם קורסים קשים אבל מעניינים. פשוט לא פוחדים לקחת כאלה קורסים כשיודעים שלא צריך להציג בפני מראיינים פוטנציאליים את הציונים שלך.
    מאפיין מאוד טוב של בית-הספר, לפי דעתי, הוא מדיניות אי גילוי הציונים (שאני יודע שגם קיימת ב- וורטון, סטנפורד והרווארד), שלפיה אסור לך לגלות את ממוצע הציונים שלך כאשר אתה מתראיין בראיון תעסוקה.

בית הספר מוצא איזון טוב בין שיטת CASE STUDY לבין שיטות הרצאה אחרות, כמו למשל הרצאה פרונטלית, או אחת בשילוב תרגילים שבהם נדרשים התלמידים להתחלק לקבוצות קטנות ולשבת בכיתות לימוד קטנות, ואז לחזור עם מסקנותיהם ותוצאותיהם מהתרגיל העצמי.

בית הספר מושך אליו ומביא איתו מרצים מהשורה הראשונה בארה"ב ובעולם, בחלק לא קטן מהמענקים וכספים שהוא מעמיד לזכות החוקרים והמרצים, שהוא רוצה לגייס לשורותיו.
    נכחתי בשני שיעורים, כאשר השני בהם, בנושא מדיניות אסטרטגית של חברות היה ממש מאלף, במשך כ- 3 שעות (עם הפסקה של חצי שעה באמצע), מרצה מעביר שיעור בשיטת ה-CASE STUDY ופשוט לא התעייף (או לפחות לא הראה זאת בגלוי). רמת המרץ שלו בסוף השיעור לא היתה פחותה מזו של תחילת השיעור. וזה היה שיעור שהזתיים ב- 21:00 או 21:30 בערב.

אתה יכול לבנות לעצמך את ה-CONCENTRATION לפי הקורסים שאתה רוצה לקחת, כך שאין שום מגבלה על שילובים של קורסים שונים לפי מה שמתאים לך.

לפי מיטב זכרוני, בערך פעם בשבוע יש בר או פאב נבחר או אירוע כלשהו שניתן לקנות אליו כרטיסים (שמגייסים כסף לצדקה זאת או אחרת), ואז ניתן לבלות לקראת סוף השבוע עם החבר'ה שלך למחזור או לכיתה כל פעם במקום אחר. ולא חסרים מקומות בשיקגו, בוודאי שלא ב-DOWNTOWN לבלות בהם, כל פעם במקום אחר.

עלות המחייה בשיקגו היא כמובן זולה יותר מאשר במקומות כמו ניו-יורק או בוסטון בהשוואה.

אני אישית ממש התאהבתי בעיר. איזור ה-DOWNTOWN שבו שוכן מרכז העסקים הוא ממש מדהים ביופיו, יש בו מבנים ענקיים, כך שיש את התחושה כמו בניו-יורק אבל בלי הקלאסטרופוביות של בניינים קרובים מדי אחד לשני, לפחות זאת ההרגשה הפרטית שלי.

דבר אחד, לעומת זאת, שצריך להתמודד איתו זהו הקור היחסי, בגלל המיקום הגיאוגרפי של שיקגו, וכמובן הקור העז יחסית בחורף. אבל האמריקאים, כמו שהבנתי והרגשתי הם ממש מומחים בחימום מבנים וחללים גדולים.

eyam
    חבר

Hi there

I'd like to know what type of clothes are generally acceptable when visiting a school? What attire do the students wear daily at the school (assuming it's not the classic jeans t-shirt combination?).

10x

MauricePicow
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 17

Your first impression, especially to a prestige business school, is most important, and will reflect on your academic as well as future business career. Also. if you are applying for any kind of financial aid, wearing casual clothing won't 'cut the mustard'.

Of course, one you're in the university study programme, the normal dress code of your fellow students – casual or otherwise- will be ok, and you can go along accordingly.

Maurice P., o/b of Imperial College

MauricePicow
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 17

Your first impression, especially to a prestige business school, is most important, and will reflect on your academic as well as future business career. Also. if you are applying for any kind of financial aid, wearing casual clothing won't 'cut the mustard'.

Of course, one you're in the university study programme, the normal dress code of your fellow students – casual or otherwise- will be ok, and you can go along accordingly.

Maurice P., o/b of Imperial College

avishaish
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 44

Hello All,

I am planning on visiting schools in the US at the end of Sept (21-29).

If there is someone else traveling between schools around that time and is interested in seeing if our schedules line up in some way can contact me at [email protected].

Have a great day

guylevit
    חבר

Hello

I intend to visit Berkley on Monday, 26.9

Is there any Israeli student I can speak with to get an more specific impression about the place? (either current student or a former one, who can give me some advice about getting the most out of this visit)

Thanks,

Guy

arik_p
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

Hi All,

Two weeks ago my boss told me that I am going to the US; I intend to stay and visit some schools.
    I am going in two weeks and since this visit is totally unexpected I didn’t have time to plan it. I will be vesting:
    Chicago, Columbia, Harvard, Cornell, Kellogg, Sloan, Stern.
    If there are any current students or alumnus that are ready to meet with me, please contact me.
    face=Times New Roman color=#0000ff [email protected]

972-54-2004696

Thanks,

msarfaty
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

שלום לכולם,

למי שעוד לא מכיר – שמי משה צרפתי ואני סטודנט שנה שניה ב Chicago GSB. מאחר ועונת ה applications תופסת עכשיו תאוצה רציתי להציע עזרה בכל שאלה שקשורה לבית הספר והתכנית.

האימייל שלי הוא: color=#[email protected]/SPAN והטלפון (לא להתקמצן) הוא: (312) 479-4503.

כמו-כן, בית הספר השיק לאחרונה פורום שכל מטרתו לעזור לכם להכיר אותו ולעשות את תהליך הקבלה שלכם קל (ומוצלח) יותר: color=#800080http://www.chicagogsb.edu/fulltime/forums/SPAN/SPAN/SPAN/SPAN/SPAN//SPAN

משה.

TTI
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

ביקור בקולומביה:

קיימות שתי אופציות למי שמעוניין לבקר באוניברסיטת קולומביה: הראשונה, להגיע לאוניברסיטה ליום שלם, לערוך סיור במקום עם סטודנט שמוצמד אליך (לרוב מאותו לאום). האופציה השניה היא פשוטה יותר- מגיעים לאוניברסיטה, לבנין Uris Hall שבו ממוקם בית הספר, עולים לקומה השניה ל- Admission Office, נרשמים שם ומצטרפים לשיעור, רצוי לבדוק באתר של קולומביה את מערכת השעות, ולבחור את השיעור שמעניין אתכם להשתתף בו. אין צורך להודיע מראש על הביקור. אני בחרתי באופציה השניה, כיון שאני מאמינה שכמה שעות או יום שלם לא באמת ישפיעו על ההחלטה שלי באיזה בי"ס ללמוד. קשה לעמוד על כל היתרונות והחסרונות של מקום בזמן קצר כל כך.

אחרי שעברתי את התהליך ב- Admission Office (שערך פחות מעשר דקות), נשארו לי בערך שעתיים עד לתחילת השיעור. לפני שהספקתי לחשוב איך אעביר את זמני, סטודנטים שזיהו שאני קצת "אבודה" נגשו אלי והתחילו לדבר איתי. כולם היו לבביים, והיו יותר משמחים לענות לי על כל שאלה שהצגתי בפניהם, להציע לי עזרה אם אצטרך, ונתנו לי כרטיסי ביקור בסוף השיחה בכוונה אמיתית שאתקשר אליהם אם יהיו לי בעיות- בקיצור, האוירה נעימה ונוחה מאוד.

משיחות עם סטודנטים (ישראלי והשאר אמריקאיים) הבנתי שהיתרון הגדול ביותר שקולומביה מציעה הוא המיקום שלה. אני לא מתכוונת לניו יורק מבחינת בילויים ויציאות (זה בונוס ענקי!!), אלה לעובדה שבניו יורק יושבות כל החברות הגדולות ביותר בכל תחום שרק תרצו (consulting, finance), מה שהופך את בוגרי קולומביה לאטרקטיביים במיוחד היות והם נגישים וניתן לראיין אותם בקלות (פשוט לוקחים מונית אליהם, במקום טיסה ברחבי ארה"ב). חשוב לציין שכולם הדגישו בפני את החשיבות של נסיון תעסוקתי קודם (כנראה גורם חשוב בביה"ס).

השיעור שבו נכחתי היה מעניין מאוד בעיקר בגלל המרצה (ישראלי דרך אגב) שהעביר אותו בצורה משעשעת וקלילה. הדינמיקה בשיעור שונה לגמרי ממה שהכרתי בארץ- בתור סטודנטית בטכניון, נדירים המרצים שמקיימים אינטראקציה כלשהי עם הסטודנטים- ההשתתפות דלה ביותר, ורוב הזמן הסטודנטים עסוקים בניסיון להספיק להעתיק את החומר מהלוח (כי אפשר לשכוח מלהבין משהו…). כאן הכל היה שונה- השיעור התבסס על שאלות שהמרצה הפנה לסטודנטים, שהיו צריכים לעבור על ה-case המדובר לפני השיעור ולהיות מוכנים. כל סטודנט בא מרקע אחר, ולכן לכל אחד יש השקפה שונה, מה שהופך את ההרצאה למרתקת ומעניינת. עד כמה שהצלחתי להתרשם, הכיתה היתה מאוד הטרוגנית, עובדה שתורמת הרבה לדעתי.

על הכיף בביקור וסיפוק אוירה "קולומביאנית" מתאימה היה אחראי אהד גרינפלד (אותו אתם בוודאי כבר מכירים אם אתם בפורום)- סטודנט שנה ראשונה בקולומביה. לחוות את חווית הלימודים דרך עיניו של סטודנט ישראלי, שהיה נגיש ושיתף פעולה, מהווה ערך מוסף לכל הביקור. אהד הפיג את חששותיי לגבי החיים בקמפוס הממוקם במנהטן- אני חשבתי שחיי החברה בקולומביה אינם מפותחים ולא קיימת הרגשה של קמפוס (שחשובה לפיתוח קשרים וחברויות עם בני המחזור). אמנם סטודנטים רבים עבדו קודם בניו יורק ולכן יש להם חיי חברה עשירים מחוץ לכותלי האוניברסיטה, ולרבים מהסטודנטים יש משפחה באזור ניו-יורק, אבל אחרי בילוי איתו ועם הח'ברה בערב הראשון אחרי ה- midterms, הבנתי שאין בסיס לדאגותיי (אבל צריך להכין את הכבד לכמויות השתיה שצורכים שם מדי ערב…).

דבר חשוב נוסף שאמור לעניין אתכם הוא המעונות- הדירות גדולות ומרווחות, ולגור שם זה כמו לגור בחינם בהשוואה למחירי הדירות בניו יורק. המעונות נמצאים במרחק בלוקים בודדים מהאוניברסיטה (ובתרגום חופשי- 5 דקות הליכה לכל היותר).

לסיכום- הרושם שקיבלתי הוא חיובי ביותר. אני לא חושבת שאסע במיוחד על מנת לבקר בבתי ספר אחרים (אלא אם כן אהיה בחופשה ואנסה לשלב ביקור). לי אישית היה מזל שלאהד היה זמן פנוי עבורי על אף עיסוקיו הרבים וסדר יומו העמוס, ועל כך אני חבה לו תודה.

ly-cbs
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 39
    yonis
    חבר

Do any of the members of this forum know of Israeli alumni or current students who are attending either NYU or Cornell business schools?

Thanks in advance,

Y.S.

yonis
    חבר

Do any of the members of this forum know of Israeli alumni or current students at NYU or Cornell business schools?

Thanks,

Y.S.

sefi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 31

To: yonis

The best thing to do is to send an email to admissions office of each school and ask for contact details of current students.

ofer_harduf
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

To: yonis

יש איזשהוא dress code בקמפוס בשיקגו או באחרים אם ידוע לך?

eyam
    חבר

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p><p align=left dir=ltr>
    Yoni

Regarding NYU please see the relevant thread in this forum. There are lots of Israelis who will be will to help, and I think Yael is in charge of Isralei visits there.

Regarding Cornell, I think you can also do a quick search on here and find some names- if you are having trouble feel free to contact me.
    </p>

yonis
    חבר

To: sefi

Thanks.

Y.S.

yonis
    חבר

To: sefi

Thanks.

Y.S.

yonis
    חבר

Thank.

Y.S.

shimonh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 159

שלום לכולם,

אני מתכנן סיבוב בשיקאגו וקליפורניה כדי לבקר בשיקאגו, קלוק, ברקלי, סטנפורד ו-UCLA.

אשמח אם תוכלו לעזור לי:

1. זמן: האם אמצע מרץ – סוף אפריל הוא זמן נוח? איפה בתוך טווח הזמן הזה הכי כדאי, אם בכלל, להגיע? (אני מבין שאחרי מאי כבר אי אפשר להגיע – תקנו אותי אם אני טועה).

2. מזג אוויר – מכיוון שאני מגיע עם אשתי ותינוק בן שנה נשמח לדעת איך מזג האוויר בתקופה זו בשיקאגו.

3. קוד לבוש – מה מומלץ? האם יש הבדלים בין שיקאגו לקליפורניה?

4. שיקאגו: היכן אתם ממליצים ללון?

4. כל טיפ/עצה י/תתקבל בברכה.

תודה רבה!

שמעון

guylevit
    חבר

To: shimonh

שמעון,

יצא לי לבקר בברקלי ובסטנפורד. הקוד לבוש היה די

casual

(באתי עם מכנסיים יפות וחולצה מכופתרת, הייתי לבוש בדיוק כמו הבחור שערך לנו את הסיור בברקלי :). ראיתי שם סטודנטים לבושים כמוני ואף למטה מזה.

בשיקגו לא הייתי, אבל הבנתי שכשנעים מזרחה הלבוש נהיה יותר פורמלי.

וכמובן, אם אתה בא לראיון, לא משנה איפה, תבוא רישמי

תהנה,

גיא

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

come however you feel like for Chicago

most are coming with buttoned down shirt – but the students are casual (with flip flops in the summer) so come in what you feel comfortable with

Assaf

Ron Tamir
    חבר

Hey Shimon,

When isiting Kellogg, you can come any way you are comfortable with (although I would advise that when meeting administration or faculty you dress business casual – i.e. nice pants and a buttoned shirt tucked in).

Of course, if interviewing in the U.S (on-campus or off-campus), I would recommend coming to the interview wearing a suit.

The end of March-April is a good time to visit Kellogg, although I wouldn't come before March 27 (exams and spring break are between March 13-27 and I wouldn't recommend visiting then). Also, school ends here at June 2nd, so May is a great time to come as well.

The weather at that time in the Chcago area is still cold, but not like it is during December-February, so I wouldn't worry about coming in with a baby (besides, there are lot of couples with babies at Kellogg, and they seem to go out with the children even in the colder months).

There are many hotels in Chicago and Evanston (where Kellogg is located), and I think you can find a list of some suggestions on the Kellogg website. Let me know if you run into a problem, and I'll look into it.

Hope this helped,

Ron (1st year – Kellogg)

shimonh
    חבר

To: Ron Tamir

Ron,

Thank you so much for your thorough response. It helps.

I'll contact you when I have scheduled the visit if that's ok with you. I look forward to seeing you there…

Best,
    Shimon

Ron Tamir
    חבר

Sure, just e-mail me (ro[email protected]) whenever you want.

See you soon!

shimonh
    חבר

To: Assaf Wand

Guy and Assaf,

I've just noticed you'd replied. Thanks!

Assaf,

It now seems that April will be the month in which we will be travelling. Is that a good time in Chicago GSB? I am interested in meeting students and admission, visiting a class (any recommendations?), and also some tour/activity that can help my wife and me know how the experience for families is. So, if for example there are no class sessions in April, i'd like to know.

Would be great to have your email in case I have more questions before I come. (Mine is: shimonyh@netvision.net.il).

Best,

Shimon

shimonh
    חבר

Hi All,

I have general question re: my April visit in Chicago, Kellog, Stanford, Berkeley and UCLA.

I will apply to the year of 2007 so I am not an applicant yet. Should I schedule on campus interviews to my visit or should I only meet admission and inteview will be part of my application process (if be invited at all…)?

Thanks!

Shimon

gbiron
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 213

Shimon,

I'll chip in… School resumes at the GSB on March 28th, so April should be fine in that aspect. You can sign for the official tour through the site (includes a tour of the school, info chat, lunch and sitting on a class), your wife can of course join you. Let us (the Israeli's studying here) know in advance and we'll make sure you meet as much people as possible (most of us are on campus anyway…).

If you have any questions about family issues, there are a few of us in the same situation…

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions,

Gur (Chicago GSB – Second year)

gbiro[email protected]

shimonh
    חבר

To: gbiron

Thanks Gur!

Will do.

Shimon

zulu
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

To: Ron Tamir

Hey Tamir,

I am coming to be inerviewed in Kellogg next week.

I would really like to talk with you, and if you will have the time to meet it could be great. I also wonder if there are more Israeli students in Kellogg who I can talk to.

my e mail is: [email protected]

thanks!!!!

Ron Tamir
    חבר

To: zulu

I'll be happy to chat and meet. I'm sending you an e-mail with my phone number.

ylange
    חבר

Hi all,

I visited Oxford (Said) BS in June on an open-day and will gladly share details with whoever is interested.

Also, I'm planning on visiting INSEAD in September, it could be nice to meet a fellow Israeli studying there…

Yuval.

oferk
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 22

לכל מי שטס במיוחד לבקר בבתי הספר ,

אני מתכנן נסיעה בסוף החודש לביקור בברקלי, סטנפורד, קולומביה, וורטון, MIT ו-HBS.

אני מאד מאד אשמח לדבר עם מישהו שעשה נסיעה דומה ויכול להמליץ לי על זמנים, מקומות לינה, נסיעות, לקחים וכו'.

תודה, עופר.

L22356UJ
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

To: oferk

To any of you who knows how many Israelis got accepted last year on the first round and how many in the second round to the following schools, please provide the information. I refer to the following Business schools:

HBS, CBS, WHARTON, STANFORD

Thank you all…

UPA
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 42

To: oferk

היי,

לא עשיתי נסיעה מיוחדת, אבל ביקרתי בסטנפורד. אין כל כך המלצה על זמנים, מה שנראה לי כן חשוב זה להרשם לביקורים שם- יש שם סיורים מודרכים/ ביקור בשיעור/ ארוחת צהריים עם סטודנט- אני בטוחה שגם בתי ספר אחרים נותנים אופציות דומות.

דר חשוב נוסף הוא ליצור כבר מפה קשר עם סטודנטים ישראלים- ביקור בהדרכתם יהיה ללא ספק מועיל יותר מסיקור עצמאי.

בהצלחה!

UPA
    חבר

היי,

תוכל לספר קצת על הביקור בברקלי? איך התרשמת?

guylevit
    חבר

To: UPA

Strange that you ask me, it's been a year now…

Please send me an email to [email protected]

Guy

greenfeld
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 282

עופר,
    כפי שכבר ציינתי בפורום…
    אם אתה מבקר בקולומביה תוודא כי יצרת קשר קודם לכן אם אחד מאיתנו (הסטודנטים הנוכחיים).
    טיול נעים

UPA
    חבר

שלום לכולם,

אולי זה לא ה topic בו עליי לרשום זאת, אבל באחרים בהם רשמתי- לא קיבלתי התייחסות.

אני שוקלת הגשת מועמדות לכמה בתי ספר וחשוב לי לדבר עם סטודנטים/ בוגרים של אותם מוסדות. עם חלק הצלחתי ליצור קשר , אך יש שניים שלא: HBS, Yale. ראיתי שאנשים שכתבו פה ביקרו במקומות הללו, ולכן אולי יש פה מישהו שלומד או למד בהרוורד או בייל?

תודה מראש,

אירינה

rann
    חבר

שלום

כרגע חזרתי מסיור של שבוע בארה"ב במהלכו ביקרתי במישיגן, וורטון, סטרן (NYU) וקולומביה. בסך הכל היה סיור מעולה, ואני ממליץ בחום לנסוע לבתי הספר אליהן רוצים להירשם. באופן כללי אני יכול להגיד שחלק מהפעילויות שבתי הספר מציעים לסטודנטים שמתעניינים עדיין לא התחילו, כיוון שהשנה רק נפתחה, ולכן עדיף אולי לבקר לקראת סוף סמסטר ב' למי שמעוניין בסיבוב הראשון, או באיזור אוקטובר נובמבר למי שמעוניין בסיבוב השני.

זה גם המקום להודות לכל החברה הישראלים שליוו אותי במהלך הסיור שלי, ועזרו לי מאוד.

מישיגן

אן ארבור היא מקום קטן ושקט. לכל מי שלא רוצה את הרעש של הערים הגדולות ומחפש מקום קטן יותר, זוהי בחירה מצויינת.

הסיור מטעם בית הספר הוא סיור מודרך שנעשה על ידי סטודנט שנה שניה שמטייל עם הנרשמים בבית הספר, ומראה להם את הסביבה. במישיגן בונים כרגע בניין חדש שיהיה מוכן בתחילת 2008, ולכן אין כל כך טעם לדבר על המבנה הנוכחי. אני יכול להגיד שהוא לא נראה רע במיוחד.

האווירה בבית הספר מאוד ידידותית ומסבירת פנים. בגלל שאן ארבור היא מקום קטן נראה שיש קשרים טובים מאוד בין הסטודנטים וישנה אווירה חברית ופתוחה. האווירה בשני השיעורים שהייתי בהם היתה טובה מאוד, מרצים מנסים להעביר את החומר באופן קליל ופשוט.

וורטון

הבניין החדש של וורטון פשוט מדהים. כיתות מאוד גדולות ונוחות, המון חדרים שמיועדים לעבודה קבוצתית, מחשבים חדשים.

וורטון מקיימים מפגשי מידע עם חבר משרד הקבלה. המפגש כולל סקירה של בית הספר, הפעילויות, ההתמחויות השונות וכדו'. ניתן לשאול שאלות, ולמרות שהבחורה שהעבירה את הכנס דיברה מאוד מהר, היא היתה סבלנית לכל שאלה שהיתה.

השיעור שנכחתי בו היה מעניין והועבר בצורה מאוד ידידותית.

באופן כללי אני יכול להגיד שהאווירה בבית הספר מאוד תומכת ועוזרת. אנשים מוכנים לעזור ולסייע בכל דבר וקשובים לשאלות שלך, גם אם הן קצת מעצבנות…

וורטון מקיים עוד מספר פעילויות, אבל הן מתחילות כאמור רק באוקטובר.

rann
    חבר

To: rann

המשך

NYU

בית הספר נמצא בבניין אחד, שנראה מצויין. נכחתי בשיעור עם עוד משהו כמו 200 איש עם מרצה שנחשב לאחד השמות הגדולים בתחום המימון. השיעור היה מאוד מעניין, ולמרות שלא קראתי את הרקע הבנתי אותו מצויין ואפילו מעבר לזה.

בית הספר מקיים סיור רשמי בבית הספר אליו מתלווים סטודנטים משנה שניה. הם שמים דגש על המיקום המצויין של בית הספר (שתיים שלוש תחנות מוול סטריט) ועל הקשרים החזקים שיש לו עם הקהילה הפיננסית. בגלל שמימון זה תחום שמאוד מעניין אותי מצאתי את הקשרים האלו מאוד מועילים וטובים, אני לא בטוח שזה יתאים לכל אחד.בסך הכל האווירה היתה מעולה, הסטודנטים ניסו קצת לדבר איתנו ולשמוע על הרקע של כל אחד מאיתנו. בסוף הסיור היתה מצגת על תהליך ההרשמה, בו הם לא ממש נותנים טיפים מועילים בקשר לחיבורים. יש מנטרה שחוזרת בכל בתי הספר "be yourself".

קולומביה

הקמפוס של קולומביה מדהים בעיני. בניינים יפים, עצים, דשא ומדרגות שיש. זו בערך התפאורה הכללית. בית הספר עצמו מתפרש על שני בניינים, שרחוקים זה מזה קצת פחות מעשר דקות הליכה. הבניין המרכזי יותר, בו נמצאים משרדי הקבלה והקריירה חדש יותר ונראה יותר טוב. גם כאן הייתי בשיעור של כלכלה ניהולית, והמרצה העביר את החומר באופן מרתק אפילו שמדובר בחומר שאני אישית מכיר. הסטודנטים היו מאוד ידידותיים ושמחו לעזור בכל מה שרציתי. הייתי גם בהרצאה של ה-career office על המקצועות השונים בוול סטריט. זה עזר לי מאוד לקבל תמונה יותר מדוייקת על הדרך בה הדברים מתנהלים שם, כיוון שזה שונה לחלוטין מהשיטה בארץ. אני יכול להגיד דבר נוסף בעניין, מי שמתקבל, ולא יודע בוודאות במה הוא רוצה לעסוק אחר כך, כדאי לו לברר את זה לפני הלימודים כי עונת הגיוס מתחילה מהר מאוד, ואין הרבה זמן להתלבט.

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 51 עד 100 (מתוך 217 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.