Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה זומנת לראיון? אנא עדכן

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 625 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • Malinger
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 23

To: idangeva

Hi Idan,

Finally after much nail biting I received the happy e-mail inviting me for an HBS interview with an alum.

Would you like to practice for the interviews together? (any other people who got the HBS invite and would like to practice?)

Drop me a line at eyalmalinger Sthrudel gmail

Eyal

Limch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 323

To: JoeCool

קבלו, תשובה לעניין + תשובה צינית א-לה-סנדי. דיברתי עם עוד כמה מביני עניין כולל יועצים למיניהם בתחום שאמרו שזה לא משנה ושבד"כ כשיש דברים שמעניין את הוועדה לדעת יותר ספציפית הם עושים את הראיון (כי הם פחות סומכים על הבוגרים בקטע של החפירה בנקודות ספציפיות), שזה די עולה בקנה אחד עם מה שסנדי אמר (משפט אחרון שלו). אז או שהם לא הבינו כלום מהאפליקיישן שלי או שהם פשוט מתים לדבר איתי בעצמם

My guess is, no dif. It could be chance, or related to location, etc. etc.

You might call HBS and see if you can see alum too, that might work, tell them you got weak arms and cannot hold up phone for 30 minutes :-)

write back and tell me how inter. went, and what they asked, that is one way to see if there was anything an alum could not handle.

good luck

sk

=======================

Dear Sandy,

I'm an Israeli applicant and got my HBS phone interview invite a few days ago. I know of another Israeli who got an alum interview here in Israel. Can you make anything of it? any reason why one applicant would get phone int while the other gets alum's? Is it good? is it bad? am I just stressing over nothing? Please help this insane girl go to sleep!!! :)

Limch
    חבר

ולגבי התמונה – זה מהפוסטרים הישנים של הפרסומות למשקאות שהיו פעם. אני מתה על הדברים האלה. יש לי אותה ב-live בבית ובמשרד. כל אחד והשריטות שלו :)

anatshi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 40

To: Limch

גם בשנה שעברה חלק מהאנשים קיבלו זימון עם בוגר וחלק קיבלו ראיון טלפוני (כמוני). הסיבה היא כנראה מיעוט של בוגרים שמראיינים (בשנה שעברה היה ידוע לי על אחד)

כך שזה נראה לי ענין לוגיסטי לחלוטין ונראה לי שממש אין לך מה לדאוג.

אני אגב המרתי בסוף את הראיון הטלפוני בראיון באוניברסיטה

בהצלחה!

YFEFFER
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 35

סליחה על הבורות <-: אבל מה זה BW board?

ראיתי כאן הרבה הודעות שניתן לבדוק שם את המצב הכללי של זימון לראיונות.

תודה

JoeCool
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 267

Limor,

Thanks for posting Sandy's response. I think it makes sense since HBS must interview everybody before acceptance, that the more ineteresting/complicated/intriguing applicants are interviewed by the adcom themselves so they can really address a specific issue that got them interested in your application. I am sure you received a phone interview for only positive reasons.

In general I personally think that an interview with and adcom is better as it is not biased by an alumn's personal impression of you vs. him. What I mean is, please remember this is just a very superficial example, that if he doesn't like your shirt, he might say – hey we don't like people who wear those kind of shirts as HBS graduates. Again, I repeat, this is just a very general and bad example. I hope the idea gets across. An adcom, since this is there job, should be more able to overlook such things.

Regarding your icon – I also like the old Coke posters (my wife says I am a Coke addict), and have a couple myself. The pic was too small to make out on the board.

YFEFFER – BW is the BusinessWeek forum which is dedicated to MBA aplicants. students and alumni. There is a lot of useful information on the board and a few lifers, like Sandy, who have seen it all and can really help explain some of the less known processes of the adcoms. BTW, it is majorly a source of more pressure for those of us still waiting for an interview invite.

Good luck to us all,

AZ

Limch
    חבר

To: All

קיבלתי הזמנה לראיון מאינסאד!!!

זהו, מצב הראיונות שלי עומד על 4 מתוך 4, עכשיו נשאר עוד לעשות שלושה מהם, ולהתקבל לאחד מהם (יש לי שאיפות צנועות…). אחחחח…. העיקר שלא הייתי צריכה להתענות עד יום שישי. הפתיעו אותי יומיים קודם :)

JoeCool
    חבר

Wow Limor.

Great News!

Very impressive too.

BTW – how do you rank your choices of schools? Which do you want to go to most?

AZ

Limch
    חבר

AZ

ראשית תודה :)

שנית לשאלתך, בדיוק מישהו שאל אותי את זה אתמול והתשובה היא שזה משתנה בערך בקצב שמזג האוויר משתנה בימים האחרונים… הגשתי ל-4 תוכניות שאני חושבת שאני מתאימה להן ושהן מתאימות לי. אני משתדלת לא להטריד את עצמי בזה עד שאני אגיע לשלב של התשובות הסופיות, כל דבר אחר יהיה התעסקות היפותטית למוח שלי שטרוד גם ככה בעשרים אלף דברים אחרים שהם יותר מיידיים מאשר ה-MBA. אז נחכה ונראה. בכל מקרה אני קצת אהיה בבעיה כי טאק ולונדון נותנים תשובות באמצע דצמבר והרווארד ואינסאד באמצע ינואר…

מה איתך? יש סדרי עדיפויות?

smiley
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 51

מזל טוב !!!

אין לי ספק שגם תתקבלי לכולם… בהצלחה !

Limch
    חבר

To: smiley

תודה רבה :)

JoeCool
    חבר

To tell the truth, I always thought I preferred HBS. I really liked the school when I was there and I think the case study is an awesome way to learn (albeit not every subject but what can you do?). After that I guess it is Columbia, MIT,and then NYU. But it is hard to tell between the NY programs as they both have so much to offer but yet are very different with each having it's own appealing strengths.

However, the new E & I program at MIT seems really great and very attractive. But my wife and family would probably be happier in the NY area.

So, like you and everyone else on this board, there are many reasons for different choices. It is very hard to tell now. May we all be lucky and succesful enough to have to choose.

And if it this is a theoretical question for you, then it is double so for me as I have not received any interview invites yet.

I wish for us all to be able to continue this discussion in the "Accepted" thread in a couple of months.

AZ

Laker
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

Hey AZ, Cheer up mate!

With the knowledge you showed in this forum for the past 1-2 years, I have a good feeling you will get in at one of your favourite programs!

Just keep the faith friend.

L

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 124

I'm with Laker here.

Keep the faith man, hopefully it'll pay off.

Good Luck!!

JoeCool
    חבר

To: Laker

Hey Laker,

– That's my line: "Keep the Faith!"

Psycho, Laker – Thanks for the vote of confidence. I appreciate it.

BTW, did you see Kobe is getting back in shape – 40 points against the Clippers last night! – Go Lakers!

AZ

Laker
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

Kobe is the man!

We can expect much more from him once he will return to full fitness.

L

Slovo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 96

הי,

אני התראיינתי בטלפו ןשנה שעברה. פניתי אליהם לפני וביקשתי להתראיין עם הבוגר בארץ, הם אמרו שמאילוצי זמנים הוא לא יצליח להתפנות לכולם. משיחות עם הבוגרים שם הבנתי שכל מחזור יש די הרבה ראיונות טלפונים, ואין הבדל משמעותי בסיכוי הקבלה.

טל

Limch
    חבר

הלו, AZ, מה זה כל הפרצופים האלו?

תחזור לעצמך ומיד!!! יש עוד ה מ ו ן זמן!!!

תהיה אופטימי וחיובי ותמתין בסבלנות, wishful thinking…

חוץ מזה שאוטוטו סופ"ש (תודה לאל) אז סופשבוע נעים!

lapidotm
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

Hi Limor,

My name is Michal and like yourself I have just received a notice about an INSEAD intreview (two days before their deadline). Unlike you this is the only school I apllied to. I am interested in a short international program and preferred Europe to the states, so that no other program sounded as appealing.

I would be glad to talk to you in person and exchange tips. I realize that you are by far more "bainyanim" than I am. Appart from preparing the application, I haven't really been mingling in the MBA swamp.

My details are [email protected]

hope to hear from you

and of course congrats for your 4/4 very impressive !

broadreach
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 33

שלום מיכל ולימור

גם אני קיבלתי (היום) את ההזמנה לראיון לאינסיאד. אשמח לשמוע משתיכן חוויות והמלצות לגבי הראיון עצמו. אני מתכוון לחרוש את דפי האינטרנט של קליר אדמיט ואחרים למצוא דיווחים של אחרים לגבי הראיון ואשמח לחלוק את מה שאמצא אתכן.

דרך אגב לימור, קבעתי כבר ראיון לLBS בסביבה שלי בוושינגטון לחמישי בדצמבר. הכנתי רשימה של שאלות שמצאתי באינטרנט. אשמח לשלוח לך עותק אם את מעוניינת.

broadreach

Limch
    חבר

To: broadreach

Hey Broadreach :)

I'm glad to see you joining us here (not that it's a substitute for BW but rather a great Israeli base).

Congrats on the interview! Since my HBS and LBS ints will happen sooner than INSEAD's (as HBS is coming up in the first week of December and LBS must take place before December 8th – yet no mail from them with interviewer info) my focus is currently on these two so any tips and info you've gathered are very much welcome :) Please contact me at: limch @ netvision net il

Cheers!

Limch
    חבר

To: lapidotm

היי מיכל, עניתי לך על המייל ששלחת לי, נדבר

lapidotm
    חבר

Thanks, we'll talk.

It's nice to encounter such a friendly forum

idangeva
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 15

בשעה טובה אני כבר אחרי הראיון ל- HBS

היה מאד נח וידידותי, אני מקווה שזה סימן טוב…..

בהצלחה לכולם וסופ"ש נעים

עידן

Limch
    חבר

To: idangeva

Hey Idan,

Great news!

I'd love to hear how your interview was, can we talk offline? I'm at: limch @ netvision net il

ylange
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

Hi Guys, especially Lilach, Michal & broadreach.

Congrats to all, I also got invited to interview for INSEAD.

Until now I did not spend much thought on preparing for this, from your messages it sounds like I should :-)

Anyway, do you have any idea when these interviews (I think it is two, no?)are expected?

I'd love to share knowledge and insights with all of you, you can reach me at: [email protected]

Cheers, Yuval.

jhammer
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 68

גם אני ,כמו רבים פה קיבלתי ראיון לאינסיאד בשבוע שעבר.

שיהיה בהצלחה לכולם.

lapidotm
    חבר

Hi JoeCool

If you need help in convinsing your family that Boston in a great place to spend two years in, I'll be happy to provide my services.

I lived there as a child and was there again for two months at Harvard Medical School. I have many friends, all with young children living there, and I actually think that in many ways Boston is better for a young family than NY. There's a huge Isreali community around MIT and Harvard, and the city has much to offer.

You can always spend weekends in NY, but everyday life is friendlier in Boston.

Michal

ndh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 26

To: jhammer

גם אני

JoeCool
    חבר

To: lapidotm

Thanks Michal,

I just might take you up on that if it ever becomes relevant.

Good luck with your interview to INSEAD.

AZ

lapidotm
    חבר

thanks.

Good luck to you too.

Actually a very good friend of mine who's now doing a post doc in Harvard will be here in Dec, along with his wife and daughter. His wife took a lot of convincing that she may actually enjoy Boston.
    If it's relevant at the time I may ask them to give some tips.

They have been there fo 10 months now

Michal

YFEFFER
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 35

שלום כולם,

הרגע קיבלתי זימון לראיון בקולומביה!!!

מאוד אודה אם מישהו/י יוכל לסייע בעניין הבא:

א. משום מה אני חשבתי שרישום לקולומביה (early decision) אינו כולל ראיון אז מה זה אומר שקיבלתי ראיון? האם זה הליך מקובל לכל מועמד (וכנראה סתם חשבתי שקולומביה אינם מראיינים) או שזה אומר משהו על המועמדות שלי?

ב. האם מישהו/י התראיין בארץ לקולומביה? יכול להעיד מי היה המראיין/ת ואיך היה הראיון? (שאלות שנשאלו, אופי המראיין/נת, נקודות שנראה כי המראיין שם עליהן דגש רב).

ג. האם ישנה עדיפות ברורה לבקש ראיון בקולומביה עצמה ולנסוע אליהם? (בד"כ הטיעון זה שנסיעה לראיון באונ' עצמה מעיד על רצינות אבל אני כבר נרשמתי בEarly Decision שאמור גם להעיד על רצינות כוונותי כלפי האונ').

תודה רבה מראש,

יוני

ly-cbs
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 39

To: YFEFFER

Hi Yoni,

I am a second year MBA student at Columbia. An interview is an integral part of the admissions process so it is generally a good indication to receive an interview invitation. If you have further questions regarding the interview you can send me an email – [email protected]

Good luck!

Lior

Malinger
    חבר

היי, מישהו שמע משהו מסטנפורד? ישראלים כבר התחילו לקבל זימונים לראיונות?

אייל

אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

To: Malinger

היי,

אני אישית לא שמעתי כלום לצערי אבל שמעתי על מישהו אחר (בארץ) שקיבל. אני לא מוכן להתחייב על העניין – שמועה שעברה.

אגב, ב-BW קראתי שהשטף הגדול של ההזמנות מגיע לקראת אמצע דצמבר.

אייל

(אגב, אחלה שם יש לך )

Malinger
    חבר

To: אייל

תודה אייל,

שמעתי מחבר שנמצא כרגע בסטנפורד על בחורה ישראלית שקיבלה, אבל טוב לדעת שאפשר להרגע עד אמצע דצמבר.

תודה!

porata
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 50

hi Eyal,

I would like to speak to you about a personal matter, how can you be reached?

Thanks.

אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

To: porata

Hey man,

you can post your mail and I'll send you my number.

Eyal

porata
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 50

it's:

[email protected]

thanks.

Limch
    חבר

היי כולם,

יש לי שאלה קצת מוזרה:

למישהו יש רעיונות לגבי מה אפשר לשאול מראיין שהוא מה-adcom בסוף הראיון? כל שאלה על התוכנית או על דברים שבלאו הכי יכולתי לדעת מהאתר יפגין חוסר בקיאות בתוכנית, כל שאלה על האווירה וכו' יכול להתפרש כאילו לא שאלתי בעצמי אנשים ויפגין חוסר השקעה במחקר לגבי התוכנית, אז מה נשאר עוד לשאול?!

תודה מראש על העזרה

eliran
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

Not weird at all.It is important to asked questions if they are intelligent question.
    You can never learn everything from students and alumni. I am sure you can find some important area that you don't have information on. For example – what the school is doing for helping the spouses or how the school handle new trend in the business world? How the school implement his focus in its internal managerial process??

Good luck

Eliran

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

לימץ', הנה כמה רעיונות נוספים:

• "אני מאוד מתעניינת בנושאים הבאים…" או "התחביבים שלי הם.." – האם יש מועדונים או מסגרות בביה"ס העוסקים בתחומים אלה?
    • שאלות לגבי קורסים ספציפיים (שמשיקים כמובן ל-career goals שלך), שאין פירוט לגביהם באתר ביה"ס, כמו במקרה של אינסאד.
    • דברי עם בוגרים ותנסי להבין מהם מה טעון שיפור או חסר בביה"ס. לדעתי זה יכול לתת לך לא מעט "תחמושת" להתקלת ה-adcom בשאלות רלוונטיות לגבי חולשות ביה"ס (לא מה שכותבים עליו באתר בד"כ), ויכול לתת לך המון קרדיט ברמת ההיכרות שלך עם ביה"ס. רק תעשי את זה בעדיונת, לא נראה לי שכדאי לדרוך על יבלות כואבות מדי…
    • את יכולה לשאול על העתיד, כלומר על דברים שטרם עודכנו באתר כמו קורסי בחירה חדשים, מרצים שהצטרפו לסגל וכיו"ב.

בהצלחה!!

JoeCool
    חבר

To: eliran, All

Well it has been a mixed shabbat for me:

I got my official ding from Columbia

I got an interview invite from Babson

It is sad to see the second of my top two choices officially gone (after HBS to which I did not get an interview invite). However, it is good to see that at least Babson is showing some interest.

Here's to hoping for good news in December. Good luck to us all…

AZ

eliran
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

Hi,
    If you like any help or information about Babson don't hesitate to contact me,
    ealmog1@babson.edu
    1-917-3301559

Good luck,

Eliran

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

JoeCool,

Sorry to hear about Columbia, but it's great that you can see that your glass is half full

Drink up and lots of luck with the Babson interview!

Malinger
    חבר

JoeCool –

Good luck for the Babson interview! HBS extend interview invitations until the deadline, so there is still lots of hope for your first choice!

EM

izaak
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

Cong. on the invitation.

Good luck!!

IS

ilanvag
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 157

היי לימור,

כאשר מדובר בבוגר שמראיין (להבדיל מאיש Admin), אחד הנושאים שאותי באופן אישי תמיד מעניין לשאול את המראיין הוא לגבי ההתרשמות האישית שלו מהתוכנית, ומה הוא יכול לומר שהתוכנית תרמה לו, במבט רטרוספקטיבי של כמה וכמה שנים טובות לאחור. בדרך כלל שומעים דברים מאוד מעניינים, מבחינת נקודות חוזק או דגשים, שלא בהכרח זהים למה שרואה סטודנט שלומד כרגע בתוכנית, או למה שיאמר לך איש Admin.

דבר נוסף, שאותי מעניין באופן אישי, הוא לשאול לגבי היחסים הבין-אישיים שיש בין הסטודנטים בתוכנית, איך זה בא לידי ביטוי, וכן הלאה. ברוב המקומות יאמרו לך שיש אווירה נהדרת, אבל אם יודעים לקרוא בין השורות, רואים שיש הבדלים מהותיים בין התוכניות השונות, בכל הקשור לחיי חברה, עזרה הדדית מול תחרותיות, יחסים בין סטודנטים, ועוד. מכיוון שאני עומד לבלות שנתיים חשובות מהחיים שלי, אני רוצה לנסות לקבל כמה שיותר מידע בהיבט הזה, ואפשר ללמוד המון מהמראיינים השונים, מצורת ההתבטאות והניסוח שלהם, וכדומה.

JoeCool
    חבר

To: izaak, All

Thank you all for the uplifting and supportive words.

IS – Please contact me and give me your new contact info at the new job. My e-mail is: aaron.zucker @ comverse.com

Thanks,

AZ

ndh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 26

שלום לכולם

יש כאן משהו שקיבל זימון לראיון במישיגן?

אשמח ליצור עימו קשר

[email protected]

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 625 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.