Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון: זומנת לראיון? אנא עדכן

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 601 עד 650 (מתוך 681 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • JoeCool
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 267

To: אייל

You're boss sounds like a jerk. Sorry.

As for Hotshots, my personal opinion is that there are good hotshots and bad. Good hotshots – have accomplished substantial things through their skills and abilities. Bad hotshots – are full of hot air, use a lot of connections (protexia in Hebrew) and are generally pompus jerks. (Kind of what your boss sounds like. )

I do not think any specific background or trait of a person will make him a bad hotshot. It is irrelevant what you're background is. The question is who you are. I would hope the adcoms during their review of applications and interviews weed such bad hotshots out. (Obviously they can't get them all – see the story about the HBS grad who was acused of murder!)

In any case, in the past Harvard had a name for accepting mostly the bad kind of hotshots due to connections and family history/status. Through my research before applying and after visitng the campus and meeting students I can tell you that this is definitely NOT true.

However, if you consider that this is a prestigious degree in business from very respectful schools, there will always be a few bad hotshots who get in through their connections and recommendations. In most cases I would imagine, the strong social environment keeps such bad hotshots in check.

Good luck to your boss's brother-in-law and to us all. May we all share good news soon.

AZ

ilanvag
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 157

To: All

Hi all,

I just got this evening an invitation for an interview from Wharton. I'll be grateful for any current or student or an alumnus who can give me some background on the type of interview Wharton conducts, and help me prepare.

I'm available at [email protected]

Thanks,

Ilan

אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

To: JoeCool

Hey man, relax a little. AlI I said is that my boss told me about his brother in law that got an interview. He told me about it because he knows that I applied to HBS as well. Yes, he was kind of gloating – but it was with humur. He is actually a very nice, humble guy. Secondly, when I said that the guy was a hot-shot all I meant is that he has good stats- nothing else. I don't know the guy.

You are a little quick to pull the trigger about someone that you know little about.

Good luck with the application process!

Eyal

Limch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 323

כן AZ, אני מצטרפת לאייל באבחנה החדה שלו לגביך.

זה שאני מתעניינת מה קורה בעולם ה-MBA, ממש לא מתקרב ל"Do you do anything else but roam the forums and sites waiting for an interview". אנחנו סה"כ מנסים לשמור את הפורומים כאן מעודכנים ובחיים, אני אישית גם מנסה לעזור לאנשים עם הידע שצברתי עד כה ואני עושה את זה בשמחה גם כאן וגם אופליין. אני לא רוצה להיות אבחנתית, כי אני משתדלת לא לשפוט אנשים לפי משפט ורבע, אבל אולי הגישה הזאת שלך היא זו שמנעה ממך את הקבלה הנכספת בפעם הקודמת. FYIת– HBS מנסים להיפטר מתדמית המתנשאים אז כדאי שתוריד הילוך. תן למי שרוצה להיות במתח להיות במתח. עבדנו מספיק קשה בשביל זה. זה חלק מהחוויה.

מאחלת לך עונת סיבוב ראשון מוצלחת,

לימור.

נ.ב. הציפורניים זה רק מטאפורה. אני בחיים לא כססתי ולא מתכוונת להתחיל עכשיו.

Limch
    חבר

וכדי לחזור לעניין, רציתי להדגיש בהודעה שכתבתי עם הציטוט של HBS – שהם פשוט הולכים לפי איזה סדר אקראי של האפליקיישנים אצלם, סוג של FIFO כזה, רק שלא ברור בדיוק לפי מה אתה נכנס ראשון לסדר הקריאה שלהם, ולכן מאוד יכול להיות שמישהו הרבה פחות "מוצלח" יקבל ראיון קודם וזה פשוט באמת לא אומר כלום חוץ מזה שכשהם קראו את האפליקיישן שלו הם החליטו להזמין אותו לראיון. הרי יכול להיות שאת שלך הם עדיין לא ראו בכלל… אני מציעה שננצל את הימים הקרובים כדי להיות עדיין רגועים… יהיה מספיק זמן להילחץ מאוחר יותר

beholder
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

another HBS invite here…still waiting for Wharton
    kerenz
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 74

הי חברים… הרגשתי צורך לעדכן אחרי הלחץ המעיק בשבוע באחרון: קיבלתי הזמנה מוורטון!!!!

בהצלחה לכולם :-)

אייל
    חבר

To: beholder

Congratulations !!

Can you please share your stats?

When did you apply (date)?

E.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 124

To: kerenz

Great news!!:-)

Psychodude

JoeCool
    חבר

To: Limch, אייל

First – Congrats to all those who received interview invites. Good luck.

Limch, Eyal – the very standard you said I did not hold for others you did not hold for me. I wrote everything from a very general viewpoint pruposely not saying anything bad about anyone, since, as you correctly pointed out, I do not know them.

My question and explanation regarding the kind of Hotshot involved is due to a very disturbing story from last years application where a certain Israeli got in because his father, the CEO of a major Israeli company, donated a few million $ to HBS.

I support you all and only wish you luck. I have been around here too long, and have made many friends (current students and reapplicants) through the forum. I have helped and counseled others, both here and offline as well, and I don't think any of them would say I was full of myself. I would ask you to be careful and not to judge me based on one post in which I shared my personal feelings of frustration, just as you claim I wrongly did to others.

If I offended anyone I am sorry. That was not my intention at all.

Eyal – Please tell your boss I am sorry.

Limor – the comment about spending your time was made in good humor. I am sorry it was not taken as such. I truly appreciate and value the input and data you post. Additionally, the warning about the nail biting is due to my own bad experience. A habit which was very hard to break (but necessary nontheless – how many CEO's do you see biting their nails at board meetings?). On the other hand, you have no idea why I was not accepted last year, or why I am not there already. Any speculation on your part is inconsiderate and bordering slander. Just as you would have others held to certain forum standards (like you correctly remarked to me) please hold yourself to them as well.

To tell the truth I am pretty calm and am happy to see so many people getting the invites they have been waiting for.

Good luck to us all and keep the faith,

AZ

JoeCool
    חבר

Anyway, moving on…

I was wondering what time of day the e-mails about interviews have been arriving. I seem to remember HBS writing that they send them out everyday at 6 am EST. Is this true?

I mean to say there is no need to keep checking my e-mail every few hours if I were to know that the message will come at a certain time of day. Right? This way you check once, and move on with at least one more day to wait.

Thanks,

AZ

Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

AZ,

Let me give you a simpler solution in case you are using gmail account: just download "Gmail notifier" and you won't need to check your email at all.

Good luck.

JoeCool
    חבר

To: Itair

Itai,

Thanks. That would be a simple solution, but I used my home account for application pruposes (not work).

I find myself logging in a few times a day…

AZ

Itair
    חבר

There are also accounts that can send you an SMS once you get an email (I don't think Gmail has this feature) – just open one and forward emails that are sending from adcom to this account. This way you won't even need to open your PC.

Itair
    חבר

BTW – I think there are also ringtones that when you get SMS, they read it to you loudly – this way you won't even need to check your incoming messages – you can found yourself waking up in the middle of the night when your cellular rings:

"Adcom, we are pleased to announce you….."

What applications can do to you ehh…?

Laker
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

That is the first time I hear about this 6 am notification only time. Are you sure about that? Where did you hear about it?

I'm not convinced it is accurate.

Laker
    חבר

HAZAK!!!
    JoeCool
    חבר

Good one!

But I cherish my sleep when I can get it.

JoeCool
    חבר

To: Laker

Laker,

I am a fan too. Since Magic came to the team. (Yeah, I'm getting old)

I purposely posted this information regarding 6 am as a question as I did not know it to be necessarily true. I seem to remember other people either last year or on a different board, maybe BW, discussing that HBS decides each day on a number of interviews and then at the end of the day they are entered into the system which only sends out the e-mails the next morning at 6 am.

I am asking if anyone else heard anything like this? Maybe it was a different school and not HBS?

Thanks and good luck to us all,

AZ

Malinger
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 23

Hi,

To solve the HBS 6:00am discussion-

A friend got an HBS invite on Thursday 20:00 Israel time. So I think the 6am thing is incorrect. (And I am almost sure this is a different person than the one that was mentioned earlier here).

Eyal

Limch
    חבר

מזל טוב קרן :) אין ספק שההמתנה השתלמה שיהיה בהצלחה!

JoeCool
    חבר

To: Malinger

Thanks for the info.

That makes two or three HBS invites already?

Good luck to us all,

AZ

kerenz
    חבר

To: Limch

תודה :-) בכלל, היה יום מוצלח… עכשיו קיבלתי גם ממישיגן. שמחה גדולה!

JoeCool
    חבר

Wow Keren!

Congrats and good luck.

Laker
    חבר

Go Keren!

Good luck,

L

jhammer
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 68

קיבלתי ראיון ב-Yale. האמת שאת האי-מייל הנכסף קיבלתי כבר בשבוע בראשון של נובמבר, אבל השבוע תואם לי ראיון בארץ (עדיין לא יודע מתי).

זה מפתיע כשמתחשבים בעובדה שהאפליקיישן נמסר ב-25/10 ושבוע אחרי כבר קבלתי זימון לראיון.

אייל
    חבר

ראיתי ב-BW שהתחילו להזמין לראיונות בStanford… איזה סיוט ההמתנה הזאת….

Limch
    חבר

טוב עכשיו זה יכול להיות סוף סוף ממקור ראשון ולא סתם שמועות ממישהו ששמע ממישהו שקיבל… קיבלתי זימון לראיון מ-HBS !!!

shimonh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 159

איזה יופי. בהצלחה!

shaysp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 86

מזל טוב!

asaf_sagy
    חבר

שיהיה בהצלחה!

Itair
    חבר

כל הכבוד לימור!!! (בינינו – זה היה די ברור )

kerenz
    חבר

כל הכבוד!!!!! המון בהצלחה

Limch
    חבר

To: Itair, kerenz, shimonh, shaysp, asaf_sagy

תודה לכולם :) באמת הסתובבתי כל היום בתחושת ריחוף קלה (אל דאגה, נחתתי), עכשיו אני מחכה גם לשמוע מ-LBS מחר (טפו טפו חמסה חמסה) ואז בכלל יהיה שמח

אם למישהו יש טיפים או עצות לגבי ראיון טלפוני אני אשמח לשמוע, תודה מראש!

jhammer
    חבר

קיבלתי ראיון גם ל-LBS. זה בית הספר שהכי רציתי

Limch
    חבר

To: jhammer

מזל טוב על הראיון ל-LBS! גם אני קיבלתי את ההודעה על הראיון מ-LBS אתמול אז שיהיה לכולנו בהצלחה

Itair
    חבר

כוכבת ללא ספק…. בהצלחה!!

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

בהצלחה לימצ'!!!

Laker
    חבר

חבר'ה,

האם מכל ההזמנות האחרונות לראיון של ישראלים ב-HBS ניתן להסיק שכבר הגורל נחרץ? האם ישנה עדיין אפשרות ריאלית לקבל מהם הזמנה לראיון?

L

JoeCool
    חבר

Congrats and good luck to you and everyone else who got an interview invite while I was on vavcation…

AZ

Limch
    חבר

To: Laker, All

לייקר – ממש ממש לא

אני מציעה לך לקרוא את ההודעות מהשנה שעברה מאותם תאריכים וגם להסתכל ב-BW

יש עוד זמן, לא להרים ידיים!!!

בהצלחה ותודה לכל המברכים

Limch
    חבר

אחחחח…. הייתי רוצה גם להיות באיזו חופשה…. (אמרה לימור כשהיא קבורה במשרד ביום שישי בהררי עבודה….)

JoeCool
    חבר

All you need is a wife who makes it very clear she needs a vacation, her b-day as an excuse and a free night in a tzimmer courtesy of work and then you realize that the piles aren't going anywhere and can wait a couple of more days till you get back.

My biggest worry while I was away was getting an interview invite already!

Hopefully we will all have a couple years vacation from work while enjoying a wonderful MBA experience abroad, starting this summer…

Keep the faith and good luck to us all,

AZ

Laker
    חבר

לימצ',

תודה רבה על העידוד, אבל אני חושב שמתחיל להיות מאוד מאוחר לקבל ראיון בהקשר של HBS…

ברכות על הראיון שלך!

בהצלחה,

L

Limch
    חבר

אני מקווה בשבילך שאתה טועה, בכל מקרה בדקתי שוב את הפורום כאן (מה שאני לא אעשה בשביל לעודד אנשים) ולידיעתך בשנה שעברה דיווחו כאן על ראיונות ב-12.11, ב-22.11 וב-5.12 אז הייתי אומרת שעוד לא פספסת את כל הרכבות מבחינת הזמנים ולכן תן לעצמך עוד כמה ימים של תקווה ללא לחץ, תהנה מהסופ"ש

תודה על הברכות, אני אוטוטו יוצאת לחגוג :)

לימור.

Limch
    חבר

אה, ושכחתי עוד משהו – שנה שעברה התקבלו איזה 6 ישראלים בסיבוב ראשון, ובינתיים כולנו כאן יודעים רק על 4 שקיבלו ראיון (ובשיטת הישראלים אני סומכת עלינו שאנחנו לא מפספסים אף אחד כי יש פה מספיק אנשים בשביל שכולם יכירו את כל הפוטנציאל…) אז אני מניחה שגם אם השנה בסיבוב הראשון יקבלו קצת פחות ישראלים זה יהיה חייב להיות מתוך פול של יותר מאשר 4… אז סבלנות :)

Laker
    חבר

תותחית!!!

שוב – תודה על העידוד. בהצלחה בראיון!

L

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

mabruk, sister!!

let me know if you need help in preping.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 124

חברות וחברים,

קיבלתי ראיון לשיקאגו, ורציתי לשאול שתי שאלות:

(1) מישהו יודע עד כמה משמעותי הוא מבחינת סיכויי הקבלה (שלב בדרך כמו בקלוג או בטאק, אחרי סינון חלקי כמו בוורטון או אוד מוצל מאש כמו בהרווארד)?

(2) משום מה, האתר של שיקאגו לא איתר אף בוגר שיכול לראיין בישראל, ולכן אני צפוי להתראיין בטלפון עם מישהו מוועדת קבלה. לא נשמע כיף. למישהו יש ניסיון/תובנות/עצות?

Tenzing
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

To: Psychodude

יש להם מראיינים בישראל. אני הולך להתראיין עם אחד כזה.

היתה לי בעיה עם החיפוש דרך האתר שלהם, אז פניתי אליהם במייל, והם "שידכו" אותי לבוגר מישראל.

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 601 עד 650 (מתוך 681 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.