Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 1: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 751 עד 800 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • aviad
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

Quote: תגובה להודעה של dz108 ב- January 26 2004 15:39

I applied to MIT R2

Rastinyak
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

In reply to gato from January 26 2004 on 17:42

אם לא הייתי נכנס לבדוק הודעות כל הזמן, אז חיי היו מתרוקנים מתוכן.

רסטיניאק הוא ה"גיבור" הטראגי של בלזאק.

And post # 700 is mine. Finally, a real accomplishment in the MBA arena.

Newgal
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1
    omri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 66

Hi Asaf,

Wanted to ask you whether W has a deadline by which one is supposed to get an interview or assume he is not being considered.

I submitted my app on Jan 8. Did not hear anything yet and I heard that some folks did get an invite? What does that mean? My app has been completeonline for two weeks now.

Thanks for your input

Omer

Rastinyak
    חבר

In reply to omri from January 30 2004 on 20:57

They say specifically that invites will be out from Jan. 22 till Feb. 19. If you don't get an invite by then – so you aren't in. Sit tight, you still have time.

stamguy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 32

In reply to omri from January 30 2004 on 20:57

Omri.. relax..

I waited for 10 weeks before receiving my invite.. which arrived couple of hours before the dealine

take it easy.. there is really nothing you can do at this point

AH

omri
    חבר

THanks guys

AH: For which round did you apply?

stamguy
    חבר

In reply to omri from January 31 2004 on 10:24

first round.. but it was more than 2 years ago.
    i am a second year in Wharton these days.

yoni s.
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

In reply to stamguy from January 31 2004 on 17:19

Sis you get in on your 1st try?

What were your statistics?

How has been the experiwnce for you so far?

Thanks for your answer,

y.

<SCRIPT language=javascript>postamble();

apeled
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

I am not sure I understand your first two questions. As to the experience so far – great. I recommend that you join us here.. Would be happy to adddress more specific questions

Asaf

stamguy
    חבר

In reply to yoni s. from January 31 2004 on 22:24

Sis you get in on your 1st try? >> second try. bad essays in first attempt

What were your statistics? >> same as Wharton's average

How has been the experiwnce for you so far? >> 12 out of 10.. too bad it is almost over

mbaq
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

מישהו נרשם לקלוג בסיבוב השני? זומנתם לראיון? שמעתם משהו מהם?

mbaq
    חבר

מישהו הגיש לקלוג בסיבוב השני? מישהו קיבל זימון לראיון או שמע משהו מהם?

dz108
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 52

In reply to mbaq from February 03 2004 on 10:38

yes.

you can contact me offline [email protected]

YAELA
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

In reply to mbaq from February 03 2004 on 10:06

אולי אני מפספסת את הכוונה שלך, אבל בקלוז ראיון הוא חלק בלתי נפרד מהאפליקישן- מראיינים את כולם. כלומר, זה לא משהו שמעיד על משהו.

Rastinyak
    חבר

קלוז אוניברסיטה מצויינת.

Rastinyak
    חבר
    mbaq
    חבר

אני שמעתי על מישהו שאמרו לא שהוא לא צריך ראיון ולכן אני שואל האם מישהו קיבל כבר הזמנה לראיון

mbaq
    חבר

מתי שלחת ומתי קראו לך לראיון. שמעתי על מישהו שאמרו לו שהוא לא יצטרך ראיון (יבדקו את הבקשה שלו בלי הראיון). מישהו שמע פעם על כזה דבר?

dz108
    חבר

In reply to mbaq from February 03 2004 on 20:08

email me.

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

OK, so the test is in 5 days, and I have some PS questions.

maybe someone can help me… (I have the answers but I don't get them… so there is either a mistake in the answers or in my head…)

1. John has 7 bananas and 3 kiwis. He needs to divide the 10 in two parcels, so there is an equal total number of fruit in either parcel and so that there is at least one kiwi in each parcel.

a) 21

b) 35

c)60

d) 105

e) 120

2. From the word ZEBRA how many different letter combinations can be arranged by using the foregoing letters?

a) 20

b) 60

c)100

d) 120

e) 150

3. Five coins are tossed one after the other. what is the probability that the first three are heads?

a) 1/16

b) 5/16

c) 1/2

d) 2/3

e) 11/16

4. a monkey is at the bottom of a 30 foot well. each day he jumps up three and slips back two. at that rate, in how many days will the monkey reach the top of the well?

a) 27

b) 28

c) 29

d) 30

e) 31

5. a cook went to a merket to buy some eggs and paid 12$ for them. but since the eggs were quite small he talked the seller into adding 2 more eggs, free of charge. As the 2 eggs were added, the price per dozen went down by a dollar. How many eggs did the cook bring home from the market?

a) 12

b)16

c)15

d)18

e) 8

6. for the equation |||x|-3|-x|=3 find all the solutions

a) [-3,0]

b) no solutions

c) [-3,0]U[3, +inf]

d) [-3,3]

e) [3,+inf]

let's see what any of you has to say…

thanks,

Dalit

dz108
    חבר

In reply to dalit from February 04 2004 on 11:22

hi,

call me on the Messenger/phone, I'll help you.

mbawannabe
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 39

In reply to dalit from February 04 2004 on 11:22

1) what is the question? you didn't wrie it

2) 5*4*3*2*1=120

3) are you sure you wrote the question right? check again

4) on the 27th day the monkey would be 27 feet high, so on the 28th day he would make 30 feet with his jump. that would bring him to the top

5) (12*12)/(X+2)=(12*12)/X -1

144/(X+2)=(144-X)/X

X^2+2X-288=0

X=16

6) the answer is C. too complicated to explain here

msarfaty
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

In reply to mbawannabe from February 04 2004 on 14:52

About question #5- note that x=16 but the answer is 18!!

Question #6 – should be solved by placing out-of-range values an elimmination of wrong answers

mbawannabe
    חבר

In reply to msarfaty from February 04 2004 on 15:07

about question 5, you are right – my bad, didn't read the question carefully

נסים
    חבר

חברי פורום נכבדים,

מה ידוע לכם MBA ב Carnegie Mellon ?

מוניטין, כדאיות, בוגרים ישראלים?

תודה

נסים

msarfaty
    חבר

In reply to נסים from February 05 2004 on 00:31

הי ניסים,

התכנית של CMU מדורגת בסביבות מקום 20 בדירוגים הכלליים. נחשבת למספר 2 בעולם לניהול הייטק (אחרי MIT).

תכנית די קטנה (סביבות 240 סטודנטים). הגישה שם מאד מאד אנליטית וזה נחשב לבי"ס מאד quant, כלומר- דגש על החלק המתמטי של הלימודים.

אם אתה מתכנן קריירה בהייטק (ניהול. לא בצד הטכנולוגי), זה בי"ס מעולה. יש שם כמה ישראלים שלומדים עכשיו אבל אני לא יודע כמה התקבלו בסיבוב הראשון לשנה הבאה (חוץ ממני).

אם אתה רוצה כתובות של סטודנטים שם או אם יש לך עוד שאלות – [email protected]

בהצלחה.

dalit
    חבר

so… here are the answers as were published by the author of the questions…
    1. d (I don't understand the explanation…)
    2. e (this must be wrong. in their answer they explain that it does not have to be a 5 letter word… so it must be more than 150!!)
    3.b (WHY???????? Please explain!!)
    4. d
    5. d
    E= # of eggs, P= price
    (E+2)*(P-1)/12=12
    6.c (just put some numbers and it's correct)

BTW these questions are from color=#0000ff http://www.gmatclub.com

msarfaty
    חבר

In reply to dalit from February 05 2004 on 09:43

Question #1:

If the question is "how many different ways are there to devide the fruit…?"

The way to solve is: Note that there is no difference between the baskets – the way you fill one of them automatically puts the rest in the other basket. Also there is no "first" or "second" basket. There fore, all you need to find is how many ways are there to fill ONE of the baskets.

The formula to choose K out of N w/o importance to the order is:

N!/[K!*(N-K)!]

Since ther are 3 kiwwis, and each basket must contain at least 1 of them, ther could be either 1 or 2 kiwwis in each basket:

for the kiwwis: N=3, K=1 (or 2, the result is the same)

for the bannanas: N=7, K=4 (or 3, the result is the same)

[3!/(1!*2!)] * [7!/(4!*3!)] = 105 ==> D is the right answer

dalit
    חבר

yeah… but in that case you assume that each banana is different from the other.

I don't think it's a good q.

msarfaty
    חבר

In reply to dalit from February 05 2004 on 10:24

This is not a good question, but this is the way to solve it, given the answers.

I you assume that each kiwi is the same as the others, and that each bannana is the same as the others, the answer is simply – 1

dalit
    חבר

In reply to msarfaty from February 05 2004 on 10:26

right…

applicant_04
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

In reply to נסים from February 05 2004 on 00:31

I am also a R1 Israeli admit to CMU. CMU has a good brand name especially in quantitative analysis and technology. Nevertheless, it is also considered a very good finance school (my interest). They initiated a new track program, which for further specializations these include: Asset Management, Biotechnology, Entrepreneurship, Operations Management, E-Business Technologies and Computational Marketing.

Good luck!!!!

applicant_04
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

In reply to msarfaty from February 05 2004 on 09:31

Finally, I see another Israeli accepted at CMU (congrats!!!). Did you receive any financial aid? If not, I would appreciate your views (or anyone else in the forum) on funding your studies? I am a dual citizen, who was also accepted to a state school (not as well known as CMU but Instate tuition) so I have a difficult dilemma.

msarfaty
    חבר

In reply to applicant_04 from February 05 2004 on 12:14

Hi,

I didn't get any scholarship, but I don't think they announced it already at all.

There is a first-year Israeli student there that got the sweet-deal – full scholarship. E-mail me ([email protected]) if you want his details.

About the dilemma: If I were in your situation, I would have chosen CMU, because the whole MBA issue is an investment. Therefore you should look at the long range, and then the value of the degree from CMU is a major consideration even if it costs more now.

Rastinyak
    חבר

In reply to dalit from February 05 2004 on 10:28

Don't waste your time on different GMAT web sites. Get the Kaplan book and CD ROM (it's in the book) and practice everything over there. It's much more difficult than the other books, but it is much better (in case you want to break the 710-730~ limit).

dalit
    חבר

In reply to Rastinyak from February 05 2004 on 13:51

done already, thanks…

mbawannabe
    חבר

In reply to dalit from February 05 2004 on 09:43

1) it's a frigging stupid question since it makes absolutely no sense to assume that each banana and kiwi is different from each other

2) if it doesn’t have to be a 5 letter word here are WAY more than 150 solutions. Even if it has to be 5 letters or less there are 325 solutions.

3) the only explanation I can find is that they put 5/16 instead of 2/16. given the last two questions I wouldn’t put this moronic mistake past them

4,5,6) you got it

I don’t know where you got these question but whoever wrote them must have been really drunk

Good luck at the test

omri
    חבר

hi

I interviewed with Ronen Kalmansson or Kalmansov. Is this the guy you are referring to concerning Kellogg?

Omer

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 48

In reply to yb24 from January 07 2004 on 17:00

Hi Yoav,

I missed the reception… I'd really like to hear about the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University. Any chance we can have a chat on privet? Say Yes and I'll forward you my email or call you, whatever you preffer.

Thanks,

Addi.

alonbr
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

שלום ,
    אולי מישהו יודע מה האפשרויות שמציע דרכון ארופאי (בלגי)
    לגבי מימון הלימודים באירופה?
    אלון

Anne
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

Hi applicant_04, msarfaty,

I am flying to Pittsburgh for a CMU interview next week. I'd really appriciate your comments about the interview process, the attitude of admission staff and the tricky questions they ask beyond usual why now/here and what's next.

Thanks,

Anne

Anne
    חבר

Hello,

Does anyone here know how much time in advance one should start looking for housing arrangements? My wild guess is that sometime closer to August the university areas, especially cities like New York and Chicago get busy with student apartment-hunters and this issue should be taken care in advance. Did anyone here has such an experience?

Thanks,

Anne

gato
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

In reply to Rastinyak from February 09 2004 on 01:37

Had an interview at Columbia (a week ago) and Chicago (january), in Israel. Went OK. now waiting for final answers.

I am a Budweiser and basketball guy… waiting for CHSKA on Thurs… where did you apply? Any interviews yet? Responses?

gato
    חבר

In reply to Rastinyak from February 09 2004 on 02:07

I was interviewed by JS (you asked for initials…), applied to CBS in early Jan.

Rastinyak – you deleted your messages?

gato
    חבר

In reply to gbiron from January 06 2004 on 08:32

gbiron, I hear C. accepted lots of Israelis in R1, hopefully we will not be "mekupachim". how are things? any good news to share or waiting for news?

Doron

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

In reply to Anne from February 09 2004 on 01:05

Hi Anne,

I am not sure about other places, but I can defintly speak for Chicago

Wait until you August to find a place, there is a lot of Supply (much more than the demand) in the Chicago region, so no need to worry

The best thing to do is to rent a place for a month or so (kind of a sub leasing) or furnished apartments, which cost ~ $1000 a month

This will relax you and will give you the needed time to look for a place you really like with no pressure- when we'll get closer to August I will explain exactly how to find an apartment in Chicago and where (believe me I have plenty of experience in this department)

Hope it helps

Assaf

Anne
    חבר

In reply to Assaf Wand from February 09 2004 on 04:12

Thanks Assaf,

You comment is indeed very helpful.

Anne

msarfaty
    חבר

In reply to Anne from February 09 2004 on 00:38

Who is your interviewer?

my e-mail is [email protected]

AssafB
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

In reply to msarfaty from February 09 2004 on 15:57

As the person who put the first message in this thread, I have the dubious previlege of being able to change the name, and I did! Hopd you like it… thought it will be nice to give it the traditional name from BW, and to use it for updates and what not.

gato, I am waiting to hear from CBS/C-GSB/ NYU… GMAT 700 (second one), GPA 88 (CS). anxious to hear any news from anyone.

Asaf

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 751 עד 800 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.