Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 1: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,101 עד 1,150 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

To: omri

Omer,

Feel free to contact the financial aid department immedietaly.

The decision whether to grant a scholarship is made regardless of the application round. It is extremely difficult to get one, especially if you're international.

The loan will cover the full tuition and you'll have to come up with the extra money for living expenses. However, one HUGE adventage that Durham has is that the cost of living is low. You can get a one bedroom apartment for $500-600.

Danny

GGGGG
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

To: yuvala

Thanks buddy

IchiBan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 216

To: mbawannabe

K's great but it's virtually alone, so without critical mass of great 1-yr's, I don't imagine it's perceived as equal to the top 2-yr US programs. In Europe both options are common so recruiters understand that both are valuable in their way. I may be wrong though.

mbawannabe
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 39

To: IchiBan

well, as far as i understood it's considered very good by recruiters and all of the major companies go there. i may be wrong though

anyway, as a future Chicago student I am done defending K or someone will accuse me of treason :-)

avivi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

To: YAELA

Hi Yael,

You're right, we should all get together (us columbians I mean…)

Aviv

YAELA
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

To: avivi

Aviv Hi,

I was thinking of orgenizing such a get together on "hol hamoed". leave me your email and ill contact you.

btw : this, of course, applies to every future columbiain out there…

yael.

cmbaz
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

To: gnadir

Hi Gal — Can you talk a little bit about intercultural gaps at HBS (i.e. Israelis vs. Americans vs. other internationals)? I have heard interesting stories about Americans in b-schools, particularly Bostonians/New-Englanders. Would you consider one of your American classmates to be your business partner? Thanks for your time.

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

To: All

ok guys, the Wharton countdown is on, a little over 24 hours to go.
    I was just wondering who my running-mates are…

Anyway, good luck everybody!

avivi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

To: YAELA

Hi Yael, my e-mail address is: [email protected].

Hol Hamoed sounds fine…

manuzur
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

חבר'ה מי עובר לניו יורק בקרוב

אני אשמח לדבר עם אנשים שעוברים לניו יורק

eshinar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

To: manuzur

Where are you heading (CBS,NYU..)?

manuzur
    חבר

To: eshinar

the phd in finance not an mba but the same school

eshinar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

To: manuzur

Ahh..the land of full scholarship..

Drop me an email at: [email protected]

manuzur
    חבר

To: eshinar

ful scholarship and study like you have never study before… I understood that it is going to be very hard but it is still new tork

I sent you an email – thanks

yaelg2003
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

Wharton R2 applicants, good luck! Let us know how it went…

Yael

mharmolin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

To: applicant2004, dz108, avivi, eshinar

Other than kassifo, anyone else waiting to hear from the big W today?

Kassifo – you will hear from my end by the evening!

Meir

mharmolin
    חבר

To: kassifo

Honorably dinged.

kassifo
    חבר

To: mharmolin

WL

do you have other options?

mharmolin
    חבר

Good for you! Congrat's. It's really hard to make their waitlist, now I know.
    No more options right now. :-( :-(

Meir

kassifo
    חבר

To: mharmolin

good for me??? that's not the way I see it…

anyway, good luck with other schools!

mharmolin
    חבר

Thanks. And to you with W.

kassifo
    חבר

So guys…who got in at Wharton?

EzraK
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

sorry to change the topic but have people recieved an interview for HBS R2? It seems to be real quiet. Also, how many Israelis were accepted in R1? I just interviewed with them last week and needless to say am very anxious.

EzraK
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

Gal, how many Israelis were accepted to HBS this past year. Was wondering how many more can be expected to get in given the fact that 4 got in in the first round.

cheers.

omri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 66

Hi everyone,

anyone got a positive response R2 at W? I did not…. had a great interview so I was really surprised, my interviewer told me what the recommendation would be….( to accept!).we had great chemistry so I was surprised. I am holding accepts. at C and D but still this threw me off balance…anyone else got good news (I hope)

do u think it is appropriate to contact me interviewer even just to let know what the final outcome was (out of curtesy but also to see whether something went off…)?

THNX

omer

kassifo
    חבר

Hey Omer, I'm in the exact same situation! I also had a great interview and I thought he would recommend "accept" but then I got WL'ed…
    I also have other options — Darden, Duke, Cornell,(BTW what did you mean by "C" & "D"?) but it threw me off balance.
    I'm not sure about contacting the interviewer – I think I wouldn't. Who did you interview with?

Where are going then?

omri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 66

Hi,

I meant Duke and Cornell. I am not sure if contacting the itnerviewer is appopriate, and more importantnly if it is at all fruitful – I mean do they get updated who W admitted and get feedback on each person?

What will the interviewer do? Call them up, change their mind? ,aube..I do not know it is just very surprising. My view is – if you got an itnerview invite – means you are "acceptable" and now depending on the interview — if u ahve a lousy one – vs. great one, one the enhances the app one that does not.. at any rate, mine told me some great feedback on the spot so I thought I would def. be WL at the least..Well, we'll see, waiting on the $ news from D and C. Duke is a great school on the way up , I think more than Cornell but I am just saying this ..obviously both are top schools. Where are u leaning? Once I get the news on $ I will be more firm about what I want to do next year.

Cheers!

kassifo
    חבר

Call me at 052-858900

yuvala
    חבר

who was your interviewer?

gil_vivi
    חבר

To: levyyani

3 Gmat books – Arco, Kaplan and the "official guide" + their disks (6 exams in Arco, 4 in Kaplan): 350NIS.

only in Haifa…-:)

[email protected]

gnadir
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

To: EzraK

Hi,

Some info about Israelis at HBS during the past years:

* Class of 2003: 4 were admitted in R1 and 1 in R2

* Class of 2004: 4 were admitted in R1 and 1 in R2

* Class of 2005: 4 were admitted in R1 and 2 in R2

As for the class of 2006, assuming that 4 Israelis were admitted in R1, i guess that 1-2 will be admitted in R2.

//GN

R2D2
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 17

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE NUMBER OF STUDENTS WHO EVENTUALLY ENROLED, NOT THE NUMBER OF STUDENTS WHO WERE ACCEPTED.

In fact, 8 Israelis were admitted last year 2 or 3 didn't go.

gnadir
    חבר

To: R2D2

As far as I know 6 Israeli students were admitted to the class of 2005 (4+2) and 5 to the class of 2004 (4+1). All of them accepted the offers. I appreciate your additional information about acceptance of Israeli students to the Harvard Business School but this is the information that I have.

//Gal

R2D2
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 17

Well, this is the info I got from HBS, but hey – you must know better than me.

yuvala
    חבר

To: R2D2

I have to say that I spoke with some people from the 2005 class and they told me that everyone accepted the offer.

However, there may have been people with Israeli background living in the US that didn't take it

Yasmin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 63

Kassifo – what's your email ?

kassifo
    חבר

To: Yasmin

[email protected] (who would have thought? )

G6PD
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hi,

Is it correct that HBS likes LLBs from TAU?

cmbaz
    חבר

Question from my grandma:

She thinks that Wharton MBAs do not return to Israel upon graduation because of the lack of recognition, the payback period and the limited exposure here.

What should I tell her?

gnadir
    חבר

To: G6PD

I wouldn't say so. It is correct that in the past 3 years there has been at least one Israeli studnet with TAU LLB in every class. Having said that, there is no policy on the matter and it is more than possible that HBS will not take any Israeli student with TAU LLB for one (or more) of its future classes.

//GN

yuvala
    חבר

I think the it might also be true that many TAU LLBs apply. I have an LLB from TAU myslef and know several more who applied…

Yes. It might be true. Good luck!

//Gal

stamguy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 32

To: cmbaz

promise her that you wear a sweater and date only jewish girls..

now seriously.. Whartom brand in Israel is probably only second to HBS'.. and probably better than most other b-schools.

It is not true that there are no Wharton alumni in Israel. There are tens of them across many industries. It is true that it is harder to get the same recognition and paycheck as in the US, though, but this would be the rule for all other schools as well.

cmbaz
    חבר

To: stamguy

okay. btw, what type of internships and post-MBA jobs did Israelis from Wharton get in the last 2-3 years?

stamguy
    חבר

all the career related stats are on W's website..

http://mba.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/professional/development/interns.php

Caesar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

Hi everybody,

Writing from Lonfon after the MIT interview. The interview was pretty short (30 min), hope it was OK.

Anyway, best of luck for Stanford R2 applicants who are (like me) expecting the decision tomorrow!!!

Barak

George
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

Are the Israelis older than others at HBS, Will there be an issue with HBS now that they are targeting younger applicants?

Thanks!

G

cmbaz
    חבר

To: stamguy

thanks for the link. it's helpful but I don't see info about Israelis. Do you have some specifics on Israeli interns and names of companies/positions that Israelis ended up with after graduation?

stamguy
    חבר

i don't have the full info at the back of my head, but W alumi are more or less in line with the rest of the class.. maybe a little bit tend more towards MC in the past two/three years and probably more into banking before that.

gggg1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

To: EzraK

Gal, how many Israelis were accepted to HBS for the 06 class?
    I apologize but I am not sure about it.

//GN

yuvala
    חבר

To: gggg1

for all I know its 4 in R1 and 2 in R2

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,101 עד 1,150 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.