Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 1: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,151 עד 1,200 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • E_K
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

To: cmbaz

The Class of 2005 (the ones looking for summer internship this year), there are 9 Israelis, 7 already found summer internships:

2 Merrill Lynch

2 Mckinsey (1 is sponsored)

1 Bain

1 Microsoft

1 in VC

2 are still looking…

tal d
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

To: gil_vivi

Hello,

This might be to late but i'll try anyway, are you interested in selling your gmat book ,CD and other relevent materials?

If anyone is interested please contact me. [email protected] ( english only)

Thanks

helimi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

To: gil_vivi

מעוניינת לקנות את ה official guide

טלפון 054588186

תודה

omri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 66

Hi

Does anyone have expereince with asking/ getting a deferrals. I am talking about three schools – C, Darden, and M.

What are acceptable reasons for it? only "life and death" or more ordinary reasons, did you have to pay a large deposit?

Thank you

Omer

D06
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 17

To: omri

Omer,

I can help with some of the info you need. Please email me at [email protected].

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: gnadir

Shalom Gal,

I was waitlisted (R2) and wondering if there is anything one can do. In my W/L letter, I was instructed not to provide them with additional letters or essays. Also, what are the chances of getting on off the W/L? I am told they are not good. Any additional information would be great.

gnadir
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

To: AEO

Hi,

Unfortunately I don’t have good news. While some people do get accepted ultimately, the vast majority does not. The reason is the exceptionally high acceptance rate that HBS has. I personally know 2 Israelis who wait-listed in the past two years. None of them made it to the program. If you would like to have a phone conversation on the matter, please leave your email address on this web site and I will send you my home number.

Thanks.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: gnadir

Gal, thanks. my email is posted on my profile.

R2D2
    חבר

To: All

FYI:

April 25, 2004

The B-School Hierarchy

By SCOTT JASCHIK–THE NEW YORK TIMES

The doors to the hotel ballroom hadn't opened yet, but the 200 M.B.A. students lined up outside were busy plotting their strategy. The mirrors in the hallway were perfect for last-minute checks of ties, hair and handkerchiefs. Are the business cards within easy reach? As the students primped, they traded intelligence.

"I hear I.B.M.'s schedule is full."

"Philip Morris is hiring."

The job fair was sponsored by the MBA Consortium, a group of 16 business schools that are good but a couple of steps down the B-school hierarchy. To help their students get jobs — either summer internships or permanent positions — the consortium had gathered 14 employers at the Marriott Eastside in Manhattan on this January day to meet them. The recruiters, who sat at tables displaying their wares, had already selected some students for interviews the next day based on resumes, but they had saved places for applicants who would impress them today.

The students had paid their travel expenses and $50 to register. Many of them did not have interviews lined up. So the pressure was on. They had only a few minutes to make their pitch, and those in line — their competition — could hear them.

Ryan Hoebelheinrich, a first-year student at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, N.C., waited his turn in the long I.B.M. line and made his pitch for an internship interview. After a firm handshake and a handoff of his resume, he told the recruiter he enjoyed problem solving, operations and finance.

"Are you flexible about where you would work this summer?"

Mr. Hoebelheinrich said yes instantly. And it was over. (He didn't end up getting an interview.) Next person in line.

As is often the case in troubled economic times, business schools reported an enrollment surge in 2002. Now those class members must compete for a limited job pool. Meanwhile, companies are putting off hiring decisions as long as possible until they can tell where the economy is going. Students at second- or third-tier schools can certainly build successful careers. But given the degree's hefty price tag and the tough economic climate, deans and corporate recruiters warn that a master's degree in business administration does not necessarily translate into a high-salary job. And the path to a leading investment bank or consulting company runs almost exclusively through a narrow band of elite business schools.

"If you want to be an M.&A. lawyer, investment banker in a top house or a consultant for McKinsey — these elite jobs that everybody seems to want — you're not even going to get an interview unless you go to one of the elite schools," says Robert H. Frank, a Cornell University management professor and co-author of "The Winner-Take-All Society."

"Going to an elite school doesn't guarantee you'll get one of those jobs," he adds, "but for better or worse, you won't even have a shot at it without it."

AS the tight job market accentuates the advantages that graduates of Harvard or the University of Pennsylvania enjoy even in the best of times, students from lower-tier schools must hustle even harder.

At the job fair, options are improving but it's clear that they are still more limited than a few years ago. I.B.M. will hire about 2,000 people for the summer, down from 3,000 in past years. Organizers are pleased to have 14 employers. Last year, there were 10. But in the 1990's, they had 30, and students could write their own ticket.

If you want to rile someone at the fair, use the phrase "core schools." Those are schools where companies recruit in person year after year. Many have only five or so core schools, some as few as two. At big-time companies, only a few business schools turn up on list after list: Harvard, Northwestern, Stanford, Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Columbia.

A survey by Business Week last year found that of Citigroup's 164 M.B.A. hires, 23 were from Columbia and 14 from the Wharton School of Finance at the University of Pennsylvania. No other business school placed more than 8 there. Columbia M.B.A.'s took 16 of the 71 M.B.A. jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton, 11 of the 43 at Deutsche Bank, and 15 of the 40 at Goldman Sachs.

What do these gold-plated programs bring to the table?

Jeffrey Pfeffer, a professor at Stanford's business school, published a study in 2002 based on decades of data to determine what the M.B.A. degree actually did for students. Internal studies by leading consulting firms and investment banks of their M.B.A. and non-M.B.A. employees showed that the degree had no impact beyond helping them get the job.

Professor Pfeffer concluded: "There is little evidence that mastery of the knowledge acquired in business schools enhances people's careers, or that even attaining the M.B.A. credential itself has much effect on graduates' salaries or career attainment."

To practice medicine, medical school is essential; ditto for law. But if you can excel in business without business school, he wondered, what is its value?

Professor Pfeffer's report set off intense debate. "The official reaction is that I've got my head up some part of my anatomy," he now says. "But privately, a lot of people tell me I'm right, but they just can't say that." (And indeed, privately, many business educators do agree.)

But even critics like Professor Pfeffer say that top business schools do something of value: sort students. People who invest in an M.B.A. are often bright in the first place, and those with the most potential attend business schools from which they can land jobs with important futures.

"It wasn't what the students learned, but that you've got this preselected group of people," he says.

Eileen M. Stephan, executive …[Message truncated]

E_K
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

To: E_K

עדכון להודעה למעלה.

8 מתוך תשעה מצאו עבודה לקיץ.

התוספת החדשה AOL.

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

איזו שיטת לימוד נראית לכם עדיפה? הרצאות פרונטליות או Case Studies?

לי באופן אישי שיטת הקייסים נראית מלחיצה מאד.

מה אתם אומרים?

odrp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 293

To: dalit

היי דלית,

הרושם שלי הוא שרוב התוכניות (חוץ מ-HBS) מציעות שילוב די טוב של Case Study וגם הרצאות. כשביקרתי בהרווארד ישבתי בכמה שיעורים ומאוד התלהבתי מהשיטה של הקייסים, מצד שני זה נראה לי קצת מתיש ללמוד כך במשך שנתיים שלמות. מתוך שלושה-ארבעה תלמידי שנה ב שדיברתי איתם, כולם אמרו שזו שיטה מצויינת אבל הם היו מורידים במעט את המינון שלה. בכל מקרה אני חושב שללמוד תואר שלם עם רק קורס או שניים של case studies עשוי להיות מתיש לא פחות.

לגבי ה"מלחיצה", האם את מתכוונת לעצם ההשתתפות הפעילה בשיעור? אם התכוונת לנושא הזה, נראה לי שזה מאוד תלוי בסטודנט (אוהב להשתתף בשיעור, מעדיף להיות בצד/בשקט וכן הלאה). דיברתי עם תלמידה שאמרה לי שבתואר ראשון ובכלל היא בפירוש לא אהבה להיות משתתפת פעילה בשיעורים ואחרי כמה חודשים בהרווארד, למרות הפער של ידיעת השפה, היא הצליחה להשתחרר מהלחץ והיא משתתפת באופן פעיל, כמו כל השאר.

בקלוג ובסטנפורד התלמידים התרשמתי שהסטודנטים מרוצים מהיחס של הרצאות/קייסים, שמותאם לסוג השיעור וכו'.

odrp
    חבר

To: Caesar

Hi Caeser,

Sorry for the delay in this reply – how did it go with MIT/Stanford??

mharmolin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

To: odrp

ממה שאני שומע יש כאלה שמאוד אוהבים את הקטע של הקייסים ויש כאלה שמאוד לא. אני אישית לא ממש מבין את הקטע – אני שומע שזה הופך למין "פופוליטיקה" – כל אחד יש לו משהו להגיד (חלק מהציון זה השתתפות) ובסוף השעור לא ממש ברור מה התשובות היותר נכונות ומה המחקר/הניהול המקצועי אומר, כי פשוט יש מעט זמן להרצאה.

מאיר

D06
    חבר

העניין שלי ב-MBA התחיל בין השאר בעקבות ה-Case Method.

לדעתי יש לה כמה יתרונות בולטים במיוחד: קודם כל, הסטודנט חייב להיות מעורב ולכן בסוף הלימודים זוכרים הרבה יותר מאשר כל מיני מודלים עמומים שמקבלים בהרצאה, ושעשויים לשכוח יום אחרי הבחינה. שנית, מדובר במקרים אמיתיים של חברות אמיתיות, כך שגם אם הגעת מתחום ומרקע ספציפיים מאוד, אחרי שנתיים תהיה לך היכרות עם טווח עצום של תעשיות, תחומים ודילמות ניהוליות, לפעמים עד לפרטים הקטנים ביותר. שלישית, עצם העובדה שצריך לדבר כל יום בכיתה, ולהעביר את הניתוח או העמדה שלך בצורה תמציתית ומשכנעת משפרת גם את יכולות הפרזנצטיה ודיבור בפני קהל, וגם את כושר השכנוע בעתיד מול מנהלים/משקיעים/לקוחות וכד'.

אני לא חושב שזו שיטה שמתאימה לכל אחד, אבל לאלו שכן, היא הרבה יותר מעניינת, מהנה ומועילה מאשר לשבת ולכתוב סיכומים בהרצאה. בכל מקרה, גם מי שרואה עצמו כאדם מעט מופנם יוכל להסתדר בלי בעיה אם הוא יגיע עם הגישה הנכונה ויהיה מוכן להשתתף לפחות פעם ביום-יומיים.

לגבי נושא הפופולטיקה, והעובדה שלא תמיד יודעים מה התשובה הנכונה: גם בחיים לא יודעים מה התשובה הנכונה, וצריך לקבל החלטות המבוססות על מידע חלקי. בכל מקרה, תמיד ניתן לברר מה עשתה החברה המדוברת בפועל והאם זה הצליח (וממה שראיתי בינתיים בביקורים שלי כן מקבלים לפעמים בסוף השיעור מידע נוסף לגבי התוצאה).

dalit
    חבר

To: D06

איפה ביקרת?

odrp
    חבר

אני מסכים; עוד יתרון הוא שברוב הקייסים הפתרון אינו ידוע מראש ולמעשה כל study group מתלבטת בתוך עצמה לגבי הפתרון של הקייס. הייתי בקורס marketing כשהקייס היה בנושא של החדרת מוצר כלשהו לשוק. בסוף השיעור, הסתבר שמנהל השיווק של החברה הגיע לבית הספר והסביר את ההחלטה של החברה בכיוון שהיא בחרה בסופו של דבר. הפועל היוצא הוא שבמשך שנתיים יוצא להתלבט במגוון שלם של נושאים ואחר-כך לבחון את יכולת ההחלטה והניתוח שלך מול אירועים וקייסים שאכן ארעו במציאות.

עוד הערה – בדומה לפופוליטיקה, למרצה/מנחה יש את היכולת להחליט לאן הדיון הולך. הייתי בסך הכל בשני שיעורים, אבל התרשמתי שהמרצים לא נותנים לדיון להתפזר אלא יודעים למקד ולכוון את השיעור במידה הראויה.

D06
    חבר

אני מתחיל לימודים ב-Darden בקיץ, וביקרתי שם כבר פעמיים. ביקרתי גם בבתי-ספר נוספים אבל לא בכולם יצא לי לשבת בשיעור. כבר נרשמת לבתי-ספר כלשהם?

dalit
    חבר

אני מתחילה עכשיו את התהליך…

עדיין לא גיבשתי רשימה סופית של יעדים, אבל בטוח ש- LBS ודיוק יהיו ברשימה הזו.

D06
    חבר

בהצלחה. אשמח לעזור אם יש לך שאלות.

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

Hi Dalit and all the new comers to the forum,

It is about the time to start taking seriously the application process for next year.

Although me and the other moderators would be doing our summer internships, we will still be checking the forum from time to time and would be more than happy and willing to assist in any questions.

My contacts are [email protected]

feel free to contact me with any questions, thoughts and issues you might have and I'll see how can I help you out

Good luck

hope to see you in the US or Europe next year

Assaf

dalit
    חבר

To: Assaf Wand

Thank you, though … I am not new here at all!!!! (we met at the IIMBA meeting last sumer)

Where are you going to do the internship?

Assaf Wand
    חבר

I am going to NY to McKinsey to work in the Corporate Finance and Strategy practice.

overall we had great success in the GSB for the summer

another one is doing I banking in Citigroup

and the third is going to work as a Buy Side analyst for a $25B Invesment Managment company

A

dalit
    חבר

To: Assaf Wand

Very nice!! good luck!

MBA2006
    חבר

Any lucky Israelis made it into Wharton R3/ or off the waitlist?

D06
    חבר

The Grand Old MBA Cocktail Party will be held this Thursday in Hertzlia. If you wish to participate and haven't yet signed up, please do so ASAP.

If you already signed up but haven't received confirmation, please check your mail filters and register again.

So far approximately 60 MBAs and partners from 12 leading programs have confirmed their attendance. If you know of other students and graduates from your school who don't usually visit this forum, please feel free to forward them the following invitation.

______

The Israeli students at Darden, in association with the IIMBA, cordially invite all departing and visiting MBA students, alumni and their partners to the

GRAND OLD MBA COCKTAIL PARTY

The MBA Cocktail Party will take place in a private residence in Hertzlia on Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 8PM. This invitation is open to admitted & current students, graduates and partners of all leading MBA programs around the world.

In order to sign up please visit the following address http://212.199.43.19/MBAParty/

Please, please, please RSVP as early as humanly possible in order to provide us with sufficient time to prepare adequate amounts of food and beverage. A symbolic cover-charge may be in place to help pay for these expenses.

We look forward to seeing you!

Assaf Wand
    חבר

Hi newly admit, students and alumni

I thought of arranging a nice get together in NY on the 12th of June

I thought we'd go and grab some drinks in a cool NY bar to mark

the begining of the summer.

If anyone is in NY at that time – please shoot me an email now

to [email protected]

so I could see how many people are around

Assaf

dalit
    חבר

Hi,

which schools are known for healthcare mng. ?

I know that Duke is. any others?

eshinar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

I'd say Wharton.

See this thread:

color=#33666649752.1

And this link:

Wharton

yaelg2003
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

Wharton has a great healthcare program (students take extra healthcare classes, in addition to the standard MBA curriculum). Many (probably most) of the largest healthcare-related companies (pharma, biotech etc) recruit on campus.

mb108
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

רבותיי, בעקבות בעיות טכניות הפורום כבר לא שולח אימיילים על כל הודעה שנוספת בו, גם אם בחרת באופציה זו דרך subscribe.

הדרך הכי טובה לבדוק אם יש הודעה חדשה היא לקפוץ לאתר מדי פעם (ולהוסיף אחת כדי שיהיה מעניין).

לחץ/י על subscribe בראש או בתחתית של כל שיחה כדי לעדכן את העדפותיך בנושא עדכון אימייל על הודעות.

סליחה על הבלגן.

mb108
    חבר

ואם בפורום עסקינן, שאלה: האם חשוב שיהיו הרבה שיחות (threads) בפורום הזה או מספיק שלוש-ארבע?
    חבר'ה של ה-IIMBA הציעו להתמקד במעט שיחות כי אחרת זה מסרבל ואנחנו לא בדיוק BW. מה דעתכם? אפשר לענות כאן בפורום או ל – [email protected]

rkmba2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 54

Also Kellogg is famous for the health programs. Kellogg has two relevant programs:
    Health Industry management: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/academic/health/index.htm

and a Biotechnology Program: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/academic/biotech/index.htm

All large companies recruit at Kellogg (Pharma, Biotech and Medical Device companies, but also all large Healthcare providers and insurance comapanies).

There are currently two Israeli students in the Healthcare Mgmt program (including me), and next year we will have another one.

Hope this helps, Roy

dalit
    חבר

To: eshinar, yaelg2003, rkmba2002

Thanks for the info!

Dalit

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 48

Does any of you have this book available for sale? Or knows where can I get it in Israel?

Thanks.

msarfaty
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

To: Addi

Addi,

Not trying to discourage you, but of what I heard from people who got admitted and bothered to read the book – it is not worth the effort (and money).

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

Hi M,

I appreciate the comment.

I'm pretty lost here..

If not through this book, how the heck do I research to find out where should I apply to?

Is there any other source of info (apart from the Internet, of course), that is reliable, accurate and complete that I should look in to?

Thanks again!

Addi.

dalit
    חבר

אני פשוט צללתי למעמקי אתר הביזנס וויק. יש שם הכל ומעבר לזה.

בהצלחה!

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

thanks. will have a look there.

Are you in the process? after? where did you apply to?

might I ask how old are you? I"m having second and third thoughts about going for such an adventure when I'm 30 years old now… what about the biological clock and being a Mom one day… did you have such thoughts too?

Addi.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: msarfaty

Hi again M,

Are you in the process? after? where did you apply to?

I think you're a woman too, right? might I ask how old are you? I"m having second and third thoughts about going for such an adventure when I'm 30 years old now… what about the biological clock and being a Mom one day… did you have such thoughts too?

Addi.

dalit
    חבר

Hi,

Am i talking to another woman?

I am 27, and I think my biological clock is broken…

Anyway, i think that becoming a mom while i am there will only benefit my child (foreign citizenship).

I beganworking on the application a few weeks ago. I still don't really know where I am applying. I think I will be smarter next week. Schools that are almost definatly on my list are LBS and Duke. i will probably apply to 4 in total.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

yes, you are talking to another (30 year old, mind you) woman.

Maybe we can have a talk and pick each other's brain sometimes? I think that in this stage I would be the one picking your brain more… but we can keep in touch and share thoughts and ideas… well, if you'd like to, give me a call 066-333-923

Addi.

dalit
    חבר

what is your email?

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

addi@onsetinc.com

yuvala
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

can anyone who got his Visa already suggest how long it takes after the interview to get it? anyone knows the difference between J and F

egeg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 91

To: yuvala

less than one week after the interview

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

To: yuvala

הראיון שלי בשבוע הבא, אבל אני מכיר מישהו שהיה לפני שבועיים והוא סיפר לי שהוא קיבל במקום, מיד לאחר הראיון.

עצות חשובות לכולם:

– להגיע מוקדם!

– לא להגיע עם תיקים (אפילו לא תיקי גב) — הם פשוט לא מכניסים עם תיקים וחבילות.

– לבקש לעשות ראיון באנגלית, מסתבר שהתור לראיון בעברית הוא ארוך יותר.

יובל, אם אתה רוצה לדבר על ההבדלים בין הוויזות (בדקתי קצת) – דבר איתי 052-858900 אורן.

egeg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 91

To: kassifo

במקום מודיעים לך אם קיבלת את הויזה או לא – אבל אתה משאיר את הפספורט בשגרירות ומקבל אותו חזרה ביחד עם הויזה אחרי כמה ימים אצל סוכן הנסיעות

mb108
    חבר

או קיי, בעקבות התגובות שקיבלנו על השאלה מלפני שבוע צמצמנו את מספר השיחות ונעביר את ההודעות אל תוך any israeli applicants , יש רוב מוחץ שמבקשים שתהיה שיחה מרכזית אחת. נקווה שזה עושה את הפורום לנעים יותר לשימוש.

msarfaty
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

To: odrp

זו התקופה השקטה.

עוד חודש-חודשיים שיתחילו להתפרסם applications תראה איך יתחילו לרוץ פה הודעות/שאלות/טענות/בקשות.

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,151 עד 1,200 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.