Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 2: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,651 עד 1,700 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

To: m_shahar, All

Oh… thanks for reminding me:

you can all save the date for the London Business School info session that I am going to hold on september 28th.

more details to follow soon.

see you there.

dalit

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

To: gets

I have no idea; sorry!

gets
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 67

To: m_shahar

שחר.

תודה רבה על התובנות. ציינת את חשיבות הביקור לפני שמתחילים לכתוב חיבורים. האם ניתן להסיק מזה שבמידה והכי מוקדם שאוכל לסייר בין בתי ספר יהיה סוף ספטמבר-תחילת אוקטובר, אתה ממליץ להגיש מועמדות בסיבוב שני? הבעיה היא שאם אחכה עד הביקור, אז כמעט לשום בית ספר לא אספיק לסיבוב ראשון. מה אתה ממליץ?

הזכרת מישהו בשם סנדי (מפורום של ביזנסוויק), מיהו ואיך ניתן ליצור עמו קשר?

עד איזה תאריך תהיה בארץ ואיך ניתן ליצור איתך קשר? אשמך להיפגש איתך, במיוחד עם תוכל אחרי 29 באוגוסט.

תודה מראש,

GETS

dalit
    חבר

To: All

I visited in early October. Take into consideration that in many places it is very early in the term, and you don't get to see 'real life' .
    what I did was to have my essays ready for the schools I knew I am applying for sure, and just add / drop insights from the visit, so I was ready for first round.
    Limch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 323

היי

מישהו יכול להסביר על כל הנושא של דיווח ציונים של תואר ראשון?

אם אפשר בדגש על:

INSEAD, HBS, LBS, TUCK

תודה רבה,

לימור

dalit
    חבר

I am not sure what you mean… what I did was just sending my trnscript (asked the Technion for a copy in English)
    gets
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 67

To: dalit

Dalit, thanks,
    So, I suppose that essays you prepared for schools to which you decided not to apply after the visit were moved to recycle bin? Thats ok, if you didn't use any consultantcy service. But what you suggest to people who consider using such service? Nobody wants to pay money to editor and than decide not applying!
    GETS
    dalit
    חבר

I actually did use a consultant.

The essay about your career goals is the same for all schools, right? right. well, some minor changes here and there.

Your essay about why this school would change after the visit, right? so leave it in an unpolished version, unless you have a really good feeling about the school.

If you are not ready, postpone admission to second round. No harm done.

Laker
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

היי,

מישהו מוכר חומר לימוד שימושי ל-GMAT?

אני בייחוד מעוניין ב-OG. כמובן שכל חומר אחר שהיה שימושי (בדגש על החלק הכמותי) גם כן יכול להיות מעניין.

ניתן לפנות למייל:

MBA1111

@

gmail.com

nat1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

To: m_shahar

היי שחר!

באמת תודה על האנקדוטה המרעננת (נקודה טובה למחשבה). יש אפשרות לדבר איתך/להפגש איתך באופן אישי, או שאולי תוכל לנדב מידע על המפגש שדיברת עליו?

תודה,

תמר

dudy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 88

To: Limch

Limor,

I think the process in most of the universities is pretty similar: they ask that you self-report when you apply, and then ask you to send the official sealed transcripts from your university once you've been accepted (that was the case at Tuck). A few universities ask that you do that as part of your application (before they reach a decision).

In any case – the Israeli universities know what they need to do. Just make sure they seal it with a stamp. US universities accept 0-100 grades.

It's a good idea to get these official transcripts as soon as possible – sometimes it takes them a little bit of time (surprisngly enough…).

Good luck!

austinpowers_2
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 57

Hi Limor,

I studied in TAU and starting my MBA with LBS. The process was simpler than what I expected. I went to the student secretery in TAU, showed her the 'official' LBS grade transcript request form.

She charged me something like 40 shekel, and gave me 3 copies of the transcript in english, and added the letter saying what is my position within the class and all the other stuff London asked for. She showed me all of it (altough London asked them to make it discrete) and than sealed it. It took them 2-3 days and someone (my mom…) went to collect it for me, they did not care.

Applying to the school is not easy (altough it is not rocket science) but this part was the easiest (I was also scared of the Israeli buearocracy… but it went OK…).

dalit
    חבר

To: austinpowers_2

you were scared of the Israeli buearocracy? Let's talk again in a month when you get to know the British buearocracy – The mother of all buearocracies :-)
    odedgri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 17

Hello to everyone…

I'm about to start the application process. Trying to decide who to work with on the essays.

Does anyony know or worked with "The Israeli center for studies in the USA"? (המרכז ללימודים בארה"ב)

Do you reccomend it?

Did anyone work with the "United-states Israeli educational foundation"? (קרן חינוך ארה"ב ישראל = פולברייט)

Thanks

m_shahar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 139

שלום לכולם,
    ביום רביעי ה-30 לאוגוסט אני עורך מפגש עם אנשים המעוניינים לשמוע פרטים על ניסיוני האישי מלימודי ה-MBA בארה"ב וב-MIT SLOAN בפרט.
    המפגש יערך כחלק מאירוע של Fulbrightקרן חינוך ישראל ארה"ב.
    הארוע יערך במשרדי פולברייט ברחוב בן יהודה 1.
    הארוע יתחיל בשעה חמש אחה"צ עם הרצאה של אנשים מברנדייס.
    אני אדבר משעה שש וחצי/שבע עד שמונה.
    בפגישה אדבר על הנושאים הבאים:
    – דעתי האישית לגבי איך לבחור את בית הספר המתאים עבורך ועל האסטרטגיה ל"למה MBA" ולחיבורים
    – למה MIT SLOAN (כולל טיפים ודוגמאות שניתן לשלב בחיבורים)
    – תהליך הגיוס לחברות
    – חוויות מהשנה הראשונה ומההתמחות בקיץ
    – הישראליים ב-MBA
    – שאלות ותשובות
    לאחר מכן אשמח לשוחח באופן אישי עם כל מי שירצה
    שחר

m_shahar
    חבר

מאחר ומספר המקומות מוגבל אם אתם מעוניינים להגיע למפגש אנא הירשמו מראש בטלפון

03-5172131 שלוחה 200

ndh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 26

שלום לכולם,

עמותת "אזרחים בונים קהילה" מחפשת שני מתנדבים לועדת הביקורת של העמותה (יתרון לסטודנטים/בוגרי משפטים או חשבונאות).

ועדת הביקורת היא חלק מהנהלת העמותה. התפקיד דורש השקעת שעות ספורות בשנה והשתתפות בישיבות האסיפה הכללית של העמותה.

המעוניינים אנא שלחו קורות חיים למייל

[email protected]

UPA
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 42

היי,

אני מגישה מועמדות בעוד כחודשיים לסטנפורד, הרוורד(HBS) וברקלי (Berkley)

אשמח לשמוע, מאנשים שלומדים באחד מבתי הספר הללו, או סיימו ללמוד שם- איך הם מתרשמים מבית הספר, דברים קצת יותר ספציפיים מזה שכיף שם- ברור שכיף :).

תודה,

אירינה

greenfeld
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 282

הרשמה וביקור בקולומביה

בעקבות פניות רבות שקיבלנו רצינו להבהיר מספר פרטים לגבי המלצותינו בנוגע להרשמה לקולומביה:

אנחנו מאד ממליצים להרשם ל EARLY ADMISSION שהתחיל זה מכבר ויסתיים בשבוע השני של אוקטובר. סיכויי הקבלה בסיבוב זה הם גבוהים משמעותית מבסיבוב ההרשמה הרגיל.

בקולומביה יש הליך המכונה ROLLING ADMISSION משמעותו – ככל שתגישו מוקדם יותר כך תקבלו תשובה מוקדם יותר.

ביקורים – אנחנו ממליצים לבקר אך אין זה הכרחי. למי שמבקש לבקר אנחנו נמליץ מאד ליצור עימנו קשר לפני כן כדי שנסייע לכם להפוך את הביקור ליעיל במיוחד. התקופה המומלצת היא ספטמבר-נובמבר.

למי שנכח באירוע שארגנו במאי בתל-אביב (עוזי באך) כדאי שתציינו זאת ותספרו שפגשתם בבוגרים וסטודנטים וכו' העברנו את רשימת הנוכחים למשרד הקבלה.

אל תתרשמו מסיכויי הקבלה הנמוכים לבית הספר. הנתונים הכלליים שבית הספר מפרסם הם הרבה יותר נמוכים מהסטטיסטיקה לגבי ישראלים. בבדיקה שעשינו שנה שעברה מצאנו כי אחוז הישראלים המתקבלים היה לערך פי שתיים מזה של האוכלוסיה הכללית.

המון בהצלחה,

אהד

Limch
    חבר

היי

יש לי שאלה לגבי תאריכי קבלה

אני מתכננת להגיש ל-4 תוכניות בסיבוב הראשון, מה שאומר שיהיו לי תשובות ב-15 לדצמבר, ב-19 לדצמבר, ב-17 לינואר וב-19 לינואר. התאריכים בהם צריך לשלם את ה-DEPOSIT עבור 2 התוכניות הראשונות הם לפני התאריכים בהם אני אדע את התשובות לגבי 2 התוכניות האחרונות.

כמובן שאולי אני מטרידה את עצמי בדברים לא רלוונטיים כי אי אפשר לדעת לאן אני אתקבל ולאן לא אבל זה משהו שחשוב לי לקחת בחשבון כשאני מחליטה לאן להגיש ומתי.

מישהו יודע מה קורה ו/או מה עושים במקרה כזה? מה קורה אם לא משלמים את ה-DEPOSIT אבל אח"כ כן רוצים ללכת לבי"ס הזה? האם עלי לשנות את סדרי ההגשה שלי בהתאם?

תודה מראש,

לימור.

guylevit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

Hi,

you can check with the specific program, but I think you can ask for a short delay in your answer to the school. They understand you situation.

But start with applying, and see what happens.

Good luck,

Guy

JoeCool
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 267

These should be our problems!

In any case I agree that once you are "in", most schools will be at least a little flexible with this point. After all, they decided they want you, and offered you a place in their class.

+ They wouldn't want to damage their yeild!

Additionally, because you are applying in the first round, giving you a little extra time should not affect the wait list, so I really see no reason for them to give you a problem.

I would imagine this is true for most schools except for maybe those schools who are known to be stricter about other things as well (Harvard).

Good luck to us all,

AZ

m_shahar
    חבר

Short reminder:
    Tomorrow, Wednesday 30 August.
    Ben –Yehuda 1 Tel Aviv, “Migdalor Building”, Fulbright office
    MIT Sloan student;
    Information session:
    MIT Sloan application tips
    Personal spin on why and how MBA
    Other stuff (recruiting, Israel, questions)
    Open doors at 17:00, I will speak sometime between 18:00-20:00.
    Enjoy.
    Shahar
    logi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

To: UPA

אירינה, אם קלוג יתווסף לרשימה שלך (ולדעתי הוא צריך להיות שם) אשמח להוסיף מידע גם עליו…

UPA
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 42

To: logi

היי,

למה את החושב שKELLOG צריך להיות ברשימה שלי??

logi
    חבר

To: UPA

נשמע לי שאת הולכת על הטופ-3, וקלוג נמצאת שם (מקום 1 לפי ביזנס ויק). בנוסף, חזקה בניהול שזה נשמע שמעניין אותך.

YigalS
    חבר

לוגי איך זה שכתוב בהודעות שלך "סטודנט בקלוג"?

Ivy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Kellogg is not top 3. According to the B-Week ranking that you refer to, Harvard and Stanford are not in the top 3 – which is total BS.

Everyone knows it’s H/W/S.
    logi
    חבר

To: YigalS

תלחץ על edit profile ותבחר שם אם אתה סטודנט או בוגר איפשהו…

Limch
    חבר

To: guylevit

היי גיא, תודה על התשובה :)

לימור.

Limch
    חבר

To: JoeCool

היי AZ

תודה על התשובה, אני אכן מאחלת לכולנו שאלו יהיו הצרות שלנו… :)

אבל אתה יודע, צריך לחשוב על כל האפשרויות, מהטובות ביותר ועד לפחות טובות…

שיהיה לנו בהצלחה

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

To: JoeCool

Why is it that people in this forum ignore the Kellogg-Recanati joint executive MBA? I think this is a real option for some of the applicants and it provides the kellogg name (and 1/2 the professors) at a much better cost performance than leaving the country for 2 years, paying over 100K tuition and stopping work to study. Does anyone understand this ?

L22356UJ
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

Hi all,

I plan to apply to HBS, Columbia, Stanfonrd, Wharton. I only have time to apply first round to HBS and Columbia. Does any of you know what are the reprecussions of the chances for being admittedn to Wharton and to Stanford, given you apply to the second round and not to the first ?

Furthermore, For any of you who wants to buy some GMAT materials, I have EVERYTHING – and in a perfect condition. My # is 0544735610

L22356UJ
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

To: L22356UJ

To any of you who knows how many Israelis got accepted last year on the first round and how many in the second round to the following schools, please provide the information. I refer to the following Business schools:

HBS, CBS, WHARTON, STANFORD

Thank you all…

alonw
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

hey!

i am a second year student at the Duke MBA. We have 4 new israelis, most visited prior to applying, and interviewed on campus. Please email me at alo[email protected] and i will connect you with the Israelis at the Duke MBA program – first years.

good luck

Alon

ami_t1000
    חבר

Hi Aplicants/Students,

My son was addmited to Columbia (and also Cornell), to MBA program. He started last month, in August.

He left behind a pack of books on MBA applications, strategies, etc, and asked me to sell. All books like new condition, p/o them were bought new, p/o them 2nd hand.

Well, it looks like those books really helped him.

The price written for each boook is the US ail price (on the back), for new books. Here they costs more. I'm offering the books for 1/2 listed price.

Here is the list:

1. N/A anymore.

2. Essays That Worked for Bussiness Schools, Revised & Updated (40 Essayes from Successfull Applications to the Nations's Top Bussiness Schools – Wahrton, Harvard, Kellogs, etc…), 13.95

3. How to get into the right bussiness school – 2nd Edition – By James L. Strachan, Ph.D., C.M.A. $14.95

4. Bussiness School Confidential, A complete guide to the Bussiness School Experience: By Students, for Students, By Robert H. Miller and Katherine F. Koegler $17.95

5. What It Really Takes to Get Into The IVY League & Other Highly Selective Colleges, By Chuck Hughes, Former Senior Admission Officer, Harvard College, $16.95

6. Marketing Yourself to the Top Bussiness Schools, By Phil & Carol Carpenter, $16.95

7. 50 Successfull Harvard Application Essays, With the analysis by the staff of the Harvard Crimson, $12.95

8. 44 Real Essays – Bussiness School Essays That Made a difference, by Nedda Gilbert, $13.95

9. Your MBA Game Plan – Proven Strategies for Getting Into the TOP Bussiness Schools, By Omari Bouknight & Scott Shrum, $16.99

10. How to Get Into the Top MBA Programs, By Richard Montauk, 2nd Eddition, $24.00

11. Bussiness Week Guide to: The Best Bussiness Schools, 8th Eddition, $16.95

12. ABC of Getting the MBA Admission Edge, By Alan Mendonca, Matt Symonds, $49.00

13. 88 Great MBA Application Tips and Strategies to get you into a top bussiness school, 2nd Eddition, By Brandon Royal, (price sticker thorn..)

Please contact me at:

[email protected], Mobile: 054-9997976

Tx, Ami

אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

שלום לכולם,

אשמח אם מישהו ידע לענות לי על העניינים הטכנים הבאים לגבי הגשת גליונות ציונים בapplication:

1. באונ' ת"א לא רשום על גליון הציונים הרישמי (באנגלית) את הדירוג היחסי בכיתה. אני יודע שבחלק מביה"ס מבקשים את זה. אני יודע את הדירוג ממה שאמרה לי המזכירה האם זה מספיק או שחייבים אישור רישמי?

2. אני כרגע גם סטודנט לתואר שני. האם יש צורך בהגשת גליונות ציונים חלקיים (רשמיים) במצב זה?

תודה,

אייל

guylevit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

To: אייל

Eyal,

My answer to question one is that you don't need anything formal. That's the way it worked for me.

Guy

shaysp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 86

היי אייל

אני במצב דומה, לקראת סיום תואר שני ועם ציוניים בכל הקורסים כל מה שנשאר זה להגיש את התיזה, בכוונתי לצרף גם את הציוניים הללו. לאור העובדה שבמרבית טפסי ההרשמה האלקטרוניים אם לא נתת תאריך בו קיבלת את התואר שאר הנתונים שתכניס לגבי התואר לא יקלטו בכלל.זה בדיוק המצב בו כדאי לדעתי להוסיף מידע בחיבורים האופציונליים ולצרף ציוניים.

בהצלחה

שי

rl_7
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

Hi all,

My name is Ronnie Lavi and I am a second year student at Duke. During my application process, two years ago, I chose to follow a “risky” strategy and focus only on one b-school (Duke). Fortunately, I got accepted. I would be more than happy to help you with choosing the best school for you and answer any question you might have about the application process.

Also, I will be happy to share my insights and experiences from my job search and summer internship with you. This summer, I interned with a search engine marketing firm in NYC. My job search included both on and off campus search.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail to [email protected] or post your question here.

Best,
    Ronnie

LK
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

1. you can ignore your grades in relation to others in class. just leave it blank. (dont use what the secretary told you)

2. if the grades are good, yes- I would submit them.

noa16
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

שלום לכולם,

יש לי שאלה לכל מי שהתקבל לאחת מהאונ' המובילות בארה"ב-

כמה קריטי זה לנסוע לאונ' לבקר, מבחינת הגדלת סיכויי הקבלה.

אם זה כן חשוב- מה כדאי לעשות על מנת שבאמת יזכרו אותך.

תודה,

נועה

אייל
    חבר

To: LK

ליאנה!

מה העניינים! אני רואה שכל י"ב1 מאלי… החליטה על MBA . גם איתי פה בפורום (הוא מנסה לColumbia וMIT).

איזה קטע…

טוב תהיה בטוחה שעוד נפנה אליך עם שאלות :-) (אני מגיש לH/S/Chicago בR1 ול W

בR2)

אייל ל.

Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

To: אייל, LK

ליאנה??? מבי"ס? קטעים איתכם…..

LK
    חבר

To: Itair, אייל

Dai!!

Meulle! where are you guys? we need to take this offline

Any questions- Just ask. Or come by Philli…..

Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

Whats up Liana!!!!

For the meantime we are still at the holly land…

Personally I prefer NY (your home town, no?) rather than Philli….

LK
    חבר

To: Itair

I can convince you otherwise…

Home town is still tel aviv….:)

what's your email address (and Eyal- you too).?

אייל
    חבר

mine is [email protected].

I'm planning on starting my Wharton application soon and It would be great to get your insights (and to catch up of course :-) )

BTW (some gossip) – Yoni Avishar is getting married tomorrow.

Eyal

Limch
    חבר

טוב זה מתחיל להיות קצת מדאיג – הפורום הזה הפך למדור חיפוש קרובים?! איפה כל מי שיושב כמוני על האפליקיישנים לסיבוב הראשון?! איך זה שעדיין כל כך שקט פה?

@ שיהיה לכולם שבוע מצוין @

itayle7
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 28

שלום לכולם!

התכנית שלי היא להתחיל את ה -MBA בספטמבר 09 כלומר להגיש את הטפסים בספטמבר 08.

במסגרת עבודתי אני אהיה בארה"ב בעוד כחצי שנה (סוף פברואר תחילת מרץ) והשאלה שלי היא האם ביקור בקמפוסים השונים יהיה מועיל למרות העובדה שיש עוד זמן רב עד שאני אגיש את הטפסים?

אם הוא לא יהיה מועיל מתי נראה לכם שיהיה הזמן הנכון לעשות ביקור שכזה?

בתודה מראש

איתי

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,651 עד 1,700 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.