Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה טופל על נייר

מוצגות 25 תגובות – 1 עד 25 (מתוך 25 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • gili4u
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 78

יש תאריכים (פנויים) להרשמה לטופל לא ממוחשב. האם זו אופציה טובה ?

גילי.

itamarg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

To: All

היי גילי,
    עד כמה שאני יודע, לא מבוצע יותר טופל על נייר בארץ. גם עם תאריכים של טופל ממוחשב יש בעיה רצינית.
    אני ממליץ מאוד לשקול ביצוע של טופל במדינה קרובה (טורקיה למשל) שם יש יותר סיכוי למצוא תאריכים זמינים.

איתמר

gili4u
    חבר

איתמר,
    תודה על התשובה. העניין הוא שבמקרה הועברתי באתר של ETS לעמוד הרישום של טופס על נייר, ושם יש מועדים שונים לבחינה בירושלים (כולל מקומות פנויים).

לכן, אני חושב שאולי זה יכול להוות פתרון לבעית הטופל הממחושב ?

גילי.

dan_lucky
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

גילי,
    אני במקרה עשיתי בדיוק את המבחן טופל הזה (PBT) לפני חודש ואני מאוד ממליץ הוא מבחן ממש קל שכבר יחסית כמעט ואין אותו בעולם, ואף אחד לא יודע למה חזרו לעשות אותו בארץ. יכול להיות שאוניברסטאות מסוימות יתחשבו בזה שהמבחן יותר קל כשיבחנו את הציון – אבל בגדול זה כנראה הרבה יותר קל לעבור את הסף על נייר. האנשים בירושלים שעושים את המבחן ממש נחמדים, ובאמת שאין יותר מדי מה להתכונן אליו מלבד החיבור.
    החסרון העיקרי הוא שלוקח יותר זמן לקבל תוצאות (אני עדיין לא קיבלתי), אבל זה לא מטריד אותי יותר מדי.

בקיצור – מומלץ.

אדיר
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 20

תודה, נרשמתי לבחינת ה- TOEFL pBT. שמחתי לראות שיש תאריכים פנויים ועוד לבחינה הזו ולא הייתי רוצה לפספס אותה. נרשמתי לינואר 2008. יש גם באוגוסט 2007, אוקטובר 2007, נובמבר 2007 ומאי 2008 לכל המעוניין.

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

To: dan_lucky, gili4u

לכל המודאגים לגבי איך יתייחסו בתיה"ס המובילים למנע"ס לציון PBT – אל חשש!

מצ"ב קישור לקובץ PDF רשמי של ETS (הארגון שמעביר את בחינת ה-TOEFL), שמשווה בין סולמות הציונים של כל סוגי ה-TOEFL השונים (PBT, CBT ו-iBT).

לעניות דעתי, 2 הסיבות העיקריות לכך שמבחן ה-PBT קל יותר הינן:

א) המבחן מבוסס על נייר (כמו הפסיכומטרי) ולא על מחשב.

ב) המבחן אינו אדפטיבי כמו ה-GMAT, ולכן אין תחושת קושי הולכת וגוברת ככל שמתקדמים (בהנחה שפותרים נכון…)

נקודה חשובה נוספת שהיא שסביר להניח ש-ETS לא טרחו לעדכן את מאגר השאלות עליו מתבסס מבחן ה-PBT (הם בד"כ מתאמצים רק כשמדובר בגרסה העדכנית והנפוצה ביותר של המבחן, במקה זה ה-iBT). לכן, השאלות במבחני ה-PBT אמורות להיות קלות יותר מהשאלות ב-iBT.

שיהיה המון בהצלחה!

alonmarg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Hi Gili,

How can I register to the pBT test ? I am trying to schedule a meeting for few days now and I will be more than happy to register in which ever available format…

Thanks in advance :-) , Alon.

gili4u
    חבר
    ronenaronov
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

To: dan_lucky

באיזה חומר לימוד השתמשת?

alonmarg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Thanks Gili,

Registered to August 18 (pBT). I find it a little peculiar that the examination is scheduled on a Saturday , but I really do not have much choice.

Guess the next step is to find out how to prepare to the damn thing :-(. Hope it is not as stressful as the mighty GMAT.

Alon.

dan_lucky
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

היות ואני עשיתי את ה- TOEFL במהלך לימודי ל- GMAT, לא הרגשתי צורך להתכונן בצורה מיוחדת. קיבלתי מה- ETS שני מבחני PBT מלאים לדוגמה בדואר (זה לוקח הרבה זמן, לכן כדאי להרשם מראש). פתרתי בצורה חלקית אחד מהמבחנים, אבל זה היה יותר הכנה פסיכולוגית מהכנה מעשית.

בהצלחה!

amirmoshe
    חבר

hi all

i just signed to the tofel PBT, and enclosed remark from toefl cofirmation mail:

Online registration does not guarantee you will be able to test on the test date or test center you requested

…….

i signed to 13.10 (saturday ofcourse….)

idanva
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 119

To: amirmoshe

hi!

i talked with ETS on the phone about this warning and you should get comfirmation after 4 days.

i should get mine around tuesday.

i will let you know if there are any problems

אדיר
    חבר

Hi Idan,

I received a confirmation notice on the same day of registration.
    It says: "You have successfully submitted your registration information for the TOEFL paper-based test."

but on the same email it also says: "Online registration does not guarantee you will be able to test on the test date or test center you requested."

I also received a confirmation ID (on the same email). I haven't received any other email, since 6 days ago. Should I worry about anything?

Adir.

gili4u
    חבר

Well, I registered before you did , and still haven't got a confirmation. I sent them an email yesterday about it …

However, they did charge me. Since the charge was a few days after the registration it seems like someone in the chain there had done something to initiate the charge.

I too will update ..

Gili.

אדיר
    חבר

Hi Gili,

Just to make it clear. Are we talking about the extra confirmation mail or the first one? I received a conformation mail (which includes that "warning") quite immediately. I understand from the guys here that I should have gotten yet another conformation mail, unless I didn't understand something here. How many days passed until they charged you? It's a good idea that I'll go checking that on Sunday.

Adir.

gili4u
    חבר

Hi Adir,
    Yeah, the "extra" one. We can't say for sure you should have gotten another mail, we just all noticed the disclaimer.

First, I though only a few weeks before the exams I should get the admission token (or what ever the name is). However, since I noticed they charged me (ballpark of 6 days after registration) , I started thinking someone is working on this.

The whole process is very 90's-semi-automatic, but I hope things will become clear soon …

Again, I'll notify once I know something …

Gili.

אדיר
    חבר

Hi,

I received a postcard from TOEFL, Princeton NJ. It says that "We have received your application for the Sunday January 13, 2008 TOEFL. A registration confirmation ticket will be mailed to you about one month before the test date. The test center information will be printed on the ticket."

Has anybody else got such a postcard?

I can understand from their postcard that a test will be given on the date I chose, although it might be Sunday instead of Saturday, so I have no idea what's the final date yet. I will be glad to arrive to Jerusalem on Sunday morning instead of spending a weekend in Jerusalem :)

I assume that the "final confirmation" is the ticket that each of us should get. Those who are going to do the test in August, should get it within a month or so. I should wait about half a year for that ticket. I hope they will not forget me :)

If anybody else has more clear news regarding the "confirmation", we're still waiting :)

By the way, I was also happy to see from the postcard they'd sent me that I'd typed my name correctly. You can't correct it and you don't see it in the confirmation email, and as a result if you typed it wrong, you probably lost your money since the name you use in the registration page must match the one you use in your ID or passport card, so you'd better take a special care when you write your name.

I was also quite amused to see they use those old-fashion dot-matrix printers. I guess it's just a small example for a "PBT" :)

Adir.

idanva
    חבר

To: gili4u

4 ימי עבודה לאחר ההרשמה, כפי שהובטח ע"י ה ETS, קיבלתי היום בדואר(פיזית במעטפה) אישור סופי על רישום לבחינת הטופל בפורמט PBT.

הבעייה היחידה היא שהבחינה היא לא ביום שבת כמו שהיה כתוב באתר אלא יום לאחר מכן ביום ראשון בשעה 08:30 – מה שאומר שצריך לצאת מוקדם כדי להימנע מפקקים.

בהצלחה לכולנו ותודה רבה לגילי על הטיפ – שיחקת אותה

עידן

izaak
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

To: idanva

מה ז"א שהבחינה לא ביום שבת?

אני שומר שבת ולכן לא יכולתי להירשם לבחינה. האם הם שינו את התאריכים באתר או שבמכתב שקיבלת התאריך היה יום מאוחר יותר?

idanva
    חבר

To: izaak

התאריך באתר היה יום שבת ה 18 אבל במכתב שקיבלתי היום רשום יום ראשון ה19.

הם רושמים במייל שהתאריך הסופי יימסר בעת האישור, לכן אי היה אפשר לדעת מראש.

כנראה הם החליטו לשנות אותו משום מה.

eliy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

that is an official answer from ETS concerning the date of the exam:

Dear Candidate,

Regarding your inquiry:

We apologize for the confusion. The official test date worldwide is
    August 18th. However, Israel is a Jewish state, and they cannot
    administer the paper based tests on Saturdays. They actually administer the
    paper based tests on Sundays.

Your test date is August 19, 2007. Please report to the test center on
    August 19, 2007 and not August 18, 2007.

I liked this part of "Jewish State",especially after they continue to send us to make an exam in Ramallah

Eli

Danimmm
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

כלומר, (רק למען הסר ספק …)

הבחינה תתקיים ביום ראשון ולא ביום שבת, נכון ?

amirmoshe
    חבר

hi

just recived post card from toefl regarding my application for the october exam in jerusalem.

i signed to 13/10 (sat) and the postcard confirm the date on 14/10 (sun)

a registration confirmation ticket will be mailed to me about a month before the test date.

FYI

idanva
    חבר

To: Danimmm

אכן כן. יום ראשון 19/08/07 בשמונה בבוקר

מוצגות 25 תגובות – 1 עד 25 (מתוך 25 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.