מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 180 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • Infowell
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 71

To: wgeller

Hi wgeller,

I used both Princeton and Kaplan CATs and in my opnion they are anything but tests that resemble the real thing. I scored 590, 600 and 610 on the Kaplan CATs and 650, 640, 660 and 630 on the Princeton CATs. My real GMAT score was 740. That said, doing these CATs builds your confidence and familiarity in terms of taking computerized tests under time constraints.

I personally focused on practicing only real GMAT questions (OG, PowerPrep, disclosed ETS tests etc.)

Irene Orleansky
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 51

To: Infowell

<< I personally focused on practicing only real GMAT questions (OG, PowerPrep, disclosed ETS tests etc.)>>

And that was very smart of you!

kobiko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

Hi,

I am working in russia and in order to apply for mba in university' i have taken the the gmat in Russia.

I want to apply to schools in USA such as MIT, Chicago, HBS …

My GMAT score is 700 but I did the paper based exam, will the schools accept this GMAT or should I take the computer based test ?

thanks

KOBIK

zeahaco
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

To: kobiko

Hi KOBIK,

If the GMAT is taken in paper in Russia and this is the country where you are currently living, there is no reason that the schools won't accept your GMAT scores.

All the best,

Irene

menachems
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

can i buy from you the book ?

thx

menachem

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: menachems

Is that the question to Infowell or to me?

dvasht
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 138

To: Irene Orleansky

איירין שלום!

רציתי לדעת האם אתם פותחים קורס GMAT מלא במהלך פברואר-מרץ 2005?

כמה זמן נמשך הקורס?

באיזה ימים?

תודה, תומר

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: dvasht

Hello Tomer,

We will certainly have full courses in February, but the dates are not scheduled yet. The length of a twice-a-week course is approximately two months and of a once-a-week Friday course – about three months.

Gice us a call in the end of October or in November at 1-700-70-17-70 or check out the course schedule on our website.

All the best,

Irene

ארז
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Hi Irene,

Could you please help me with the following question:

Astronomers have theorized that the Big Bang governs the behavior of interstellar dust, particles that comprise the atoms and molecules created in the progenitive explosion and persisting in even the emptiest regions of space.
    <FORM action=../SubmitAnswer.cfm method=post>

1. persisting
    2. persists
    3. persisted
    4. they persist
    5. are persisting

Thanks,

Erez

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: ארז

Hi Erez,

The question has to do with parallelism. We have a list here: dust, particles and molecules, but we have another list inside of this list: to describe molecules we use two participles – created … and persisting… . ('Molecules created' means molecules that were created – omitted relative pronoun and verb 'be', and 'molecules persisting' means 'moleculed that are persisting' – again omitted relative pronoun and verb 'be'). Both persisted and persisting are participles, but the difference between them is that persisted is passive and persisting is active. Since logically molecules are persisting and not persisted by someone or something, I choose tha active participle. As for parallelism, an active participle can be parallel with a passive, since both are the same part of speech -participle.

I hope it helped,

Irene

Astronomers have theorized that the Big Bang governs the behavior of interstellar dust, particles that comprise the atoms and molecules created in the progenitive explosion and persisting in even the emptiest regions of space.

ארז
    חבר

Thanks Irene.

אבי
    חבר

To: ארז

למכירה ספרי הכנה ל-GMAT כחדשים (ללא סימונים בכלל): 1.The Official Guide, מהדורה 10 2. Cracking the GMAT, Princeton Review, מהדורת 2005 (כולל CD עם 4 CAT) 3.Kaplan GMAT, מהדורת 2005 (כולל CD עם 4 CAT) מחיר מבוקש על שלושתם יחד: 450 ש"ח לפנות למייל:[email protected]

savi1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

Hi Irene,
    In that question I think that there is no correct answer. They claim that E is the right answer. “as well” is not redundancy?

Most recovering heroin addicts seek to be free of drug dependency and others’ prejudicial treatments as well.

1. As the original.
    2. Both of drug dependency and also prejudicial treatments.
    3. Both of drug dependency and also from prejudicial treatments.
    4. Both of drug dependency but also from prejudicial treatments.
    5. Both of drug dependency and of prejudicial treatments as well.

Thank you.

Avi.

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: savi1

Hi,

You are right, there is no right answer, in E both… and… as well is redundant.

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: All

For your imformation!

You can register for the GMAT only till the 17th of December this year. An extra test has been added at 16:00. I advice that you register now, since there won't be cancelation fee during this period of time anyway.

Good luck,

Irene

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

More information for the GMAT takers!

The center will be closed from 23/12/05 till 25/12/05 and on 31/12/05.

The registration for 2005 GMAT test is ending on the 17th of December.

Pearson is planning to hold GMAT tests only once a week, on Tuesdays, at 9:00, 12:00 and 16:00 in January.

Another Pearson's novelty is that the test takers will use 2 erasable noteboards instead of scratch paper.

Feel free to contact me for additional information at 03-649-9927.

Good luck!!

Irene

alkabir
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

Hello Irene. I am planing on taking a GMAT cours that starts at around JAN-FAB. (probably at BGU university). However I wanted to start practicing by my own from now.

where can I by the GMAT books that are used in the course and also what exactly is the book you wrote about and why is it helpfull?

Thanks ahead,

Amir

[email protected]

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: alkabir

Hello Amir,

You can receive all the books as soon as you register for the course at Meitav.

You will get The GMAT Quantitative Guide written by our quantitative instructor Zach Goldman, The GMAT Sentence Correction Guide writtien by me, the GMAT Official Guide and practice test CD's.

If you want to start preparing for the GMAT before the course, you can use the Quantitative Guide, or even better, consult first with our quantitative teacher. As for the verbal part, I recommend that you start together with the course. The verbal part is very complex and misunderstanding of the material may cause difficilties in the future during the course. If you want to work on improving your vocabulary though, you can read articles in Scientific American magazine: http://www.sciam.com

I suggest that rather than prepare for the GMAT course, you take the course as early as possible. We give our students the option to repeat the course as many times as they need, therefore starting the course earlier will give you more time and possibilities to reach the desirable results by the time you have planned to take the test.

Best,

Irene

alkabir
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

Hi Irene. Thanks alot for your quick and helpful response.

about Quantitative: where can I get/buy the Quantitative Guide before registering to the course? You said I can start preparing for the Quantitative before the course, but how can I buy a book? And also how can Iget in touch with Zach Goldman?

about English: Is reading books in english good enough to emprove my vocabulary or do you recomend only Scientific American?

about repeting: Do you meen I can repet as many times as I want the course without extra paying? Is it like that also at the courses given at Ben Gurion University?

Thanks again,

Amir.

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: alkabir

Hi Amir,

To get the books you have to register for the course at this phone number:

1-700-70-17-70

You'll also get all the necessary information as for the preparation for the course if it is needed at all.

Reading books is not enough, since in literature scientific language that iappears so much in the Reading Comprehension is not used. Take into consideration that also reading scientific articles will improve your reading only to a certain degree. During the course I teach the method enabling students to handle complicated GMAT reading passages.

Yes, I mean that you can repeat the course as many times as you nees without paying extra money. As for the BGU courses, you can also take free repeating courses, but for repeating the course, you will have to come to Tel Aviv.

All the best,

Irene

YFEFFER
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 35

To: Irene Orleansky, Infowell

שלום איירין ושאר חברי הפורום,

יש לי שאלה די דחופה אז אשמח לתשובה בהקדם האפשרי

סיימתי לפני כחודש קורס הכנה לגמאט ולאחר מרתון של כשלושה שבועות אני אמור לקחת את המבחן בעוד כשבוע וחצי.

היות ובשבעת הסימולציות שעשיתי עד כה קיבלתי ציונים נמוכים בטווח שבין 550-660 והיות והבנתי מאנשים שונים שגם אם אגש שוב ואוציא ציון גבוה הרי שהציון הנמוך נשאר רשום וישפיע לרעה על סיכויי הקבלה שלי לאונ' בארה"ב, אני שוקל ברצינות לא לגשת למבחן ולהתחיל קורס חדש .

שאלותי בעניין הן:

א. עד כמה ניתן לסמוך על הסימולציות כאינדיקטורים לציון האמיתי ? (ראיתי כאן הודעה של

INFOWELL

שקיבל ציונים דומים אך בסופו של דבר קיבל 740 במבחן האמיתי) הסימולציות שעשיתי הן של החברות

cambridge and crack

ב. עד מתי אפשר לבטל את המבחן ללא תשלום

ג. אם לא אעשה את המבחן כעת אצטרך לעשות אותו כבר במתכונת החדשה שלו – עד כמה עלי לחשוש מזה?

ד. קיימת האופציה של לעשות מבחן ובסופו להחליט לפי ההרגשה האם לבקש את הציון או לא – כדאי?

תודה רבה!

zeahaco
    חבר

To: YFEFFER

היי,

ראשית,חשוב לציין שהסימולציות שציינת, לרוב אינן משקפות את הציון האמיתי שלך,

רק ה-power prep האחרון משקף יחסית את הציון.

שנית,ניתן לבטל את הבחינה ולבקש לא לשלוח אותה אך,

א.היא תחשב לך כאחת מתוך ה-5 שמותר לך בשנה.

ב.כל עוד אתה לא קרוב לציון שאתה צריך (700) אין טעם לגשת.(חבל על הכסף)

מבחינת השינויים בבחינה,

כרגע לא דובר על שינויים מרחיקי לכת:

במקום דפי טויטה לוח-מחיק,ושינויים עיצוביים בלבד.

לדעתי,כדאי שתשקיע מאמץ נוסף בטרם תיגש שוב,

עלייך לדעת מהי נקודת החולשה שלך ובהתאם להשקיע מאמץ

קיימים קורסים המתמקדים בנושא מסויים,

כך,שאם אתה טוב מאוד בחלק הכמותי כדאי שתשקיע כעת במילולי.

אשמח לענות על כל שאלה

בהצלחה

איירין

1-700-70-17-70

gpmagnus
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

Hi Infowell,

I have some questions about the GMAT (which I need to take in the upcoming weeks …) – can I give you a call to discuss things ?

My email is [email protected]

Thanks,

GP

dphil
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hi,

I'm looking to buy Irene's SC book – does anyone have a copy (I understand it cannot be bought in stores) ? Also, has Irene published any other books for RC or CR ? Please write to: [email protected]

Thanx,

zeahaco
    חבר

Hello everybody!

According to the reports of my students who have recently taken the GMAT, there are certain tendencies in the new test:

1. The quantitative part has become harder.

2. In the verbal part, the number of Critical Reasoning questions has reduced to 6 or 7 questions; consequently the number of Sentence Correction questions has increased to 20 or 21. (Thanks to Pearson VUE for such a nice present to my students and me!!)

All the best in your tests,

Irene

the_avanguard
    חבר

To: YFEFFER

שלום!

שמי עמית ואני משרת כקצין קרבי ביחידה מובחרת. אני בן 30.

סיימתי את לימודי התואר הראשון שלי באונ' העברית במדעי הרוח והחברה (היסטוריה – מנהל, משפט וביטחון)

אני בתפקיד עד קיץ 2007 ובספטמבר אותה שנה יוצא ללימודי תואר שני.

הייתי מעוניין לדעת אם אוכל להתקבל ללימודי MBA בארה"ב ללא GMAT? שאלתי נובעת מן העובדה שלא יהיה לי פנאי בשנה וחצי הקרובות ללמוד ולהיבחן.

תודה!

אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

To: the_avanguard

אם אתה מדבר על ה-top 20 תהיה חייב ב-GMAT. אולי יש אוניברסיטאות פחות טובות שלא מחייבות…

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p>נראה לי שאפילו אם יש תוכניות כאלה, הן ברמה כזאת שלא תהיה מעוניין בהן. Community Colleges למיניהם, כאלה שלא שמעו עליהם בעיירה השכנה.

shimonh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 159

Hi,

Can you please help me with this question:

It was because she was plagued by injuries that tennis celebrity Tracy Austin, who won the Italian and U.S. Opens at age 16 in 1979, sat out the years between 1984 to 1988, occasionally working as a television commentator.

(A) It was because she was plagued by injuries that tennis celebrity Tracy Austin, who won the Italian and U.S. Opens at age 16 in 1979, sat out the years between

(B) After winning the Italian and U.S. Opens in 1979 at the age of 16, injuries plagued tennis celebrity Tracy Austin and forced her to sit out from

(C) Tracy Austin, the tennis celebrity who, plagued by injuries, won the Italian and U.S. Opens at age 16 in 1979, sat out from

(D) Plagued by injuries, tennis celebrity Tracy Austin, who won the Italian and U.S. Opens at age 16 in 1979, sat out the years from

(E) Tennis celebrity Tracy Austin, who won the Italian and U.S. Opens at age 16 in 1979, was plagued by injuries when she sat out between

This is what I think:

1984 to 1988 can be an anchor, so A and E are out (between x to y).

B is out because subject doesn't follow the modifying clause.

We are left with C and D. Both sound awkward.

I wonder whether "tennis celebrity Tracy Austin" as a whole is the subject. (If 'tennis celebrity' is not part of the subject, we can disqualify D).

In general: does 'who' must, can or can't be between commas?

Thanks!

בוסטון72
    חבר

תגובה לעמית בנוגע לצורך ב GMAT

בתוכניות ה אקזקיוטיב למיניהן אין צורך ב מבחן היות והתכניות הללו מניחות שעבר זמן רב מאז לימודיך והישיגיך בקרירה יעידו על כישוריך יותר מאשר ה GMAT

ספציפית אני יכולה לציין את התכנית של

MIT FELLOWS PROGRAM

שהיא תכנית

MBA

הנמשכת שנה (במקום שנתיים של התכנית הרגילה) ומיועדת לאנשים בעלי נסיון מקצועי בניהול

אני מניחה מתאורך כי אתה עשוי להתאים לפרופיל

הצעה ידידותית תעשה את ה מבחן בכל זאת זה מרענן את הזכרון ויקל עליך בחודשים הראשונים שהולכים להיות רצחניים גם כך

בהצלחה

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: shimonh

Hello,

Your ways of ruling out answers A, E and B are absolutely right.

In D the whole phrase is the subject (if you put a title or profession before a name, it is considered one subject. So there is no probleam with the subject in D. In C I see 2 problems -first, the participle modifier "plagued by injuries' appears in the middle of the clause, while it can appear only before or after the clause, and second, it does not make sense – it's not that plagued by injuries ,she won the competition; plagued by injuries, she sat out ,occasionally working as a tv commentator.

Any relative clauses, except for those starting with the relative pronoun "that" can come between two commas between the subject and the verb of the main clause. The commas indicate that the relative clause provides extra information.

All the best,

Irene

shimonh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 159

Irene, thanks a lot!

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 124

Hi Irene,

As THE verbal expert, I would like to pick your brains on the following:

I have already taken the GMAT twice (1st – 650/Q50/V26/AWA5.0; 2nd – 700/Q49/V35/AWA5.0, Aug 05'), and am planning on retake it in order to reach 730-750 (say Q50/V40) late August. It's worth mentioning I got 700-750 in the various simulations before my second exam (GMAT prep included).

I am aware of the great difficulty to soar from 93% to approximately 99%. I believe that the current score I have gotten in the verbal part does no justice to my abilities (for instance, got 293 in the TOEFL etc.).

I seek your advice as to how would be best to tackle this problem. My greatest weakness is the SC, and I plan to work hard to address it during the coming months.

Currently, I plan on working to optimize the RC score. How would you suggest I did it, especially given the change in the exam? Any relevant internet-databases which you recommend using? Regarding RC, would an hour daily, working to improve relevant vocabulary + on going practice of challenging texts would do? Based on your experience, how much time would be needed to improve SC from 70-75% to 85-90%, if at all [used Kidum's methods, plan on using Meitav's]? Any other piece of advice?

Thanks so much,

Psycodude

Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

To: Psychodude

Hi,

Since in the new format there are more SC and since Irene is the chief SC, I recommend that you take the Meitav course with her. I did it and I can tell you that it is concentrated mostly on SC.

Good luck.

Itai.

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

Hi,

The Sentence Correction section is based on hundreds of grammar rules that you have to learn and the method of recognizing those rules in the GMAT questions that I teach. I do not see any other ways to improve your SC score.

As for the RC section, I also use my unique method, and it is hard for me to give any advice without knowing how you deal with the RC questions and which method you use. Improving your vocabulary ceritainly won't harm, but will not improve your reading performance drastically.

The best way to improve your verbal is to join the verbal course at Meitav.

Anyway, you can give me a call at 0528384032 and we'll see what we can do.

All the best,

Irene

asaf_sagy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 68

אני תומך מאד בדעתו של איתי.

הגעתי לקורס במיטב מכיוון שבחיים לא למדתי דקדוק אנגלי (בטח שלא בתיכון).

הקורס הינו ממצה ונותן יסודות מעולים.

בתחילת הדרך הייתי ממש אנטי קורסים אבל אחרי שעשיתי, אני לא מצטער לרגע.

אסף

oferva
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 48

To: asaf_sagy

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: oferva

Hello Ofer,

It's hard for me to evaluate your situation and recommend material to improve your week points since I don't know anything about you. What I do recommend is to use only ETS and/or Pearson VUE tests. The level of the OG is a bit too low if you compare it with the real GMAT test. You'd better practice with the GMAT PREP. You can do each test several times, the questions do not repeat themselves too much. All the other materials I usually recommend to my students are available only for Meitav students, so I cannot help your here much.

Good luck with your test!

Irene

yaniv1975
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 46

שלום

למסירה ספר גימט של קפלן משנת 2003

היה לי את זה של 2005 והם בדיוק אותו דבר דרך אגב…

רק בואו לקחת, אחרת לצערי הוא יימצא את דרכו לפח האשפה הקרוב לביתי

צרו קשר בטלפון

054-4700233, תבקשו את דנה, תגידו שאתם רוצים לקחת את הספר הכחול הגדול…

הקודם זוכה!

gets
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 67

To: Alonm

What is the Edition of "Richard Montauk: How to get into the Top MBA Programs"?
    Is it 2002 or 2005?
    GETS
    Alonm
    חבר

To: gets

2005 (3rd edition).

Thanks

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

Hi All,

Has anyone heard about a book named 800 Score or something similar by Kaplan?

If so, it could be great to know where to get it/buy/download etc.

Tx,

Psychodude

Itair
    חבר

try emule
    אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: Itair

Thanks. will do.

Do you happen to know also if the changes between the 10th and 11th edition of the official guide are of significance? If so, would you have any thoughts of where to find the updated guide (Amazon would take too much time)?

Thanks,

Psychodude

Itair
    חבר

I think that both editions are of ETS – if so, I would not even read them

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

I bought OG11 and the official verbal review through Amazon 2 weeks ago and both books arrived in about a week (not to mention they cost less than half of what they do in Israel!)
    yoavsch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

Hi,

I have Kaplan GMAT 800. I can sell it to you, although I won't recommend using this book, as you can see in my GMAT debriefing.

As for 10th vs 11th edition – I recommend you to use them both. The official guide is the bible of preparation. A rough estimation is that at least half the questions are new in the 11th edition.

Following is the official reply I got from GMAC asking a similar question:
    All books available on mba.com contain questions that are actual retired GMAT® exam questions. There is no overlap between questions found in the Official Guide for GMAT® Review 11th Edition, Official Guide for GMAT® Quantitative Review, and Official Guide for GMAT® Verbal Review. There is an overlap of questions found in the 10th edition and each of the new books. However, all questions that do overlap are accompanied by more understandable answer explanations.

Even though you may find some overlap of questions, we think our revisions and additions will make the new books the necessary study aid for the GMAT® test. The 11th edition contains a new diagnostic test to help you assess your study needs along with newly retired GMAT® questions that have never been seen before. The practice questions, in each of the new books, have been ordered by level of difficulty to assist with your studies. Finally, the 11th edition and Verbal review both have an all new section on basic grammar rules.

To order the Official Guide for GMAT® Review 11th Edition, Official Guide for Verbal Review, or Official Guide for Quantitative Review visit title=http://www.mba.com/mba/Store http://www.mba.com/mba/Store.

Valerie Thomas
    Customer Service Representative
    Graduate Management Admission Council®
    1600 Tysons Blvd. Suite 1400
    McLean, VA 22102

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

Hi Irene,

I lifeted this from another thread in this forum – can you offer your $0.02?

Nuclear fusion is the force that powers the Sun, the stars, and hydrogen bombs, merging the nuclei of atoms and not splitting them apart, as in nuclear reactors.

(A) merging the nuclei of atoms and not splitting them apart, as in nuclear reactors

(B) merging the nuclei of atoms instead of splitting them apart, like nuclear reactors

(C) merging the nuclei of atoms rather than splitting them apart, as nuclear reactors do

(D) and merges the nuclei of atoms but does not split them apart, as is done in unclear reactors

(E) and merges the nuclei of atoms, unlike atomic reactors that split them apart

inbarmargolin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 24

Hello Irene,

Is your book available? Where can i buy it?

Thanks in advance

Inbar

gets
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 67

To: inbarmargolin

Inbar,
    I am not sure Irene still visits this forum, so maybe you should consider calling Meitav (http://www.meitav.co.il/college/college_lobby.aspx?sid=7) and asking to talk with her.
    I know that people who do the course at Meitav get this book as part of course materials;not sure you can purchase it.
    Best
מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 180 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.