Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה תכניות MBA משולבות עם בתי’’ס לממשל

מוצגות 7 תגובות – 1 עד 7 (מתוך 7 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • omerabin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 47

שלום לכולם,

בשנים האחרונות יש מגמה די רצינית בכמה וכמה מהתכניות המובילות להציע תכניות MBA משולבות עם בתי"ס לממשל במתכונת של

MBA/MPP או MBA/MPA ודומיהן.

הבולטת שלי יצא להיתקל בינתיים היא זו של הארוורד:

http://www.hbs.edu/mba/academics/jointdegree/HBS-HKS/mpp-mpamba.html

האם מישהו כאן ניסה להתקבל לתכניות האלה? חושב לנסות להתקבל אליהן או אפילו לומד בתכנית מסוג זה, בין אם בהארוורד ובין אם בבתי"ס אחרים?

אשמח לשמוע פרטים על היתרונות של התכנית, האם לשנה השלישית אכן יש ערך מוסף, האם יש לתכנית המשולבת ערך בעיני מעסיקים והיא פותחת אפשרויות נוספות או שמא היא מהווה רק גורם מעכב במבנה של תכנית הMBA (בגלל השנה הנוספת והמבנה השונה של ההתמחויות)?

כל דעה, עמדה, הערה ותובנה על התוכניות מהסוד הזה תתקבלנה בהמון הערכה.

תודה רבה!

Niko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

To: omerabin

אם אתה מתעניין גם בתואר ביחסים בינלאומיים שווה לך לבדוק גם את:

Wharton Lauder MBA/MA
    Columbia MBA/MIA

את התואר של לאודר (וורטון) מקבלים בסוף השנה השנייה ללימודים, כלומר הוא אינו מוסיף שנה נוספת.
    זה יתרון גדול אבל מדובר בתואר כללי יחסית שכולל בעיקר לימודי שפה ומספר קורסים בנושאים בינ"ל לבחירתך (רובם כחלק ממסלול השפה).
    הוא גם הופך את התואר העמוס גם ככה של וורטון לעמוס עוד יותר.

התואר בקולומביה מוסיף שנה שלישית ללימודים אבל נראה תואר אקדמי ורציני יותר.

בהצלחה.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 124

To: Niko

Niko,

From what I know, the Lauder MA is a highly reputable and effective program to focus on international business. It's quite complex to delve into the full extent and unique format of this program in a few lines here. A good way to learn more would be to actually speak with current students or recent alumni.

I would be slightly more cautious when describing a program in which one have not yet studied. Often times I'm asked questions such as "which program is better — X or Wharton?". The answer that serious alums will provide is that it's hard to tell, since each of us only gets her/his experience in one school.

Just a point to bear in mind.

Good luck,
    Aaron

Niko
    חבר

To: Aaron

Aaron,

As generally I would agree with what you're saying, this time I would have to correct you. I did study at Penn, even though not at Wharton/Lauder. I did however spent a lot of time at Lauder speaking with students who go there and agreed to share their perspectives. These were my general perspectives on Lauder after collecting some info.

I also attended an International Economics class there which was great and given by a very talented and energetic professor (who's Lauder's dean I think). The point that this program is more of an international relations background to a business major, and not an international relations major of its own was the feeling I got when I was there. It would perfectly suit some, but not others.

Niko

omerabin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 47

To: Niko, Aaron

Thank you guys both very much for your input!
    Highly appericiated

Do any of you know an Israeli current/past student of this Lauder program?

Once again, thank you for your kind help

Omer

Niko
    חבר

To: omerabin

Omer,

I previously tried to get in touch with an Israeli Lauder grad (mostly through the Penn Israel Club) and don't remember I managed to find one. I would try contact Israel's Wharton Alumni Club and maybe they would know of one. You can always try to talk to a non-Israeli grad who's wiling to share his perspectives.

Another thing to bear in mind is that Lauder requires you to be a part of a language track, and therefore to be admitted to Lauder you need to know one of the Lauder languages in a sufficient level. From what I remember there were Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic and Chinese tracks. Lastly, part of Lauder is an immersion summer program (before the first year) in the country/countries related to the track. All the people I talked to described this as a great experience.

Good luck

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 124

To: Niko

As I said, Wharton MBA/Lauder MA is a fantastic international business program, not sure why this needs to be corrected as you are repeating my statement, albeit in quite an aggressive manner.

Omer – there is an Israeli who is a current MBA/MA student. There are also Wharton MBA/Kennedy MPA candidates. Feel free to leave your email and I'd be happy to put you in touch.

Good luck,
    Aaron

מוצגות 7 תגובות – 1 עד 7 (מתוך 7 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.