Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 218 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • JoeCool
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 267

To: All

Hi All,

I was wondering about the different school policies regarding the use of laptop computers in class.

I recall many school brochures with pictures of classes and the students have laptops open before them. Also, and correct me if I am worng, when I attended a class at Columbia (for example) I seem to remember there being some computers in use.

Could the representatives of the different schools please eloborate on their schools policy in this regard?

TIA,

AZ

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

To: JoeCool

AZ,

You better start posting like mad, because I'm right behind you…

Limch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 323

To: epony, All, JoeCool

You guys are so cute :)) next thing you'll challenge each other with a daily posting contest… (oops, don't let me put crazy ideas into your crazy heads!)

Anywaaaaaay, I'll be off to Boston in a few days, so – warm wishes to all of you who are waiting for some good news and Happy Purim (I'm gonna miss my last Purim here… so celebrate for me as well)

Cheers!

Limch.

epony
    חבר

To: Limch

Ha Limch! now you're just posting to spite us!!

Have fun in Boston – I'll eat another ear for you…

JoeCool
    חבר

To: epony

I refuse to be pulled in to such a purposeless contest… but since you are catching up I decided to tell you that here.
    JoeCool
    חבר

Limor,

Why are you going to Boston now? What's the occasion? Admit weekend for R1?

You must be going for a while if you won't be here for Purim…

AZ

austinpowers_2
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 57

London Business School discourages it (and if I am not mistaken the next student conduct guidelines will ban it).

Logic behind it:
    – It quickly turns into checking emails and surfing the web, hurting class participation.
    – We get good hands-outs so no need for a lot of writing.
    – Finally, our professors said they do not like it.

As someone who thought he had lost the skill of writing with pen and paper I can tell you it is not so bad… I would not choose a school school based on this :-)
    epony
    חבר

To: austinpowers_2, JoeCool

AZ,

To the best of my knowledge, laptop use during classes is also frowned upon by INSEAD…

The concerns are similar to those that were already repeated here and in other discussion on this topic: it hampers student participation, it's disruptive to the flow of the lesson and professors are generally altogether against it.

No worries though, you'll find good use for your present/future laptop when you're out of the class and working on your assignments

Limch
    חבר

To: JoeCool, epony

AZ – כל התשובות נכונות

Admit Weekend זה ב-1-3 למרץ ואני נוסעת קודם לכן כי אני גם רוצה לראות את הכל קצת קודם ב-real time ולא ב-show off של ה-Admit weekend ודבר שני אני עושה מזה קצת חופשה על הדרך… הטיסה שלי חזור היא ב-5.3 ואני מגיעה לארץ ב-6.3 בצהריים, אז פורים אבוד לי… אבל יוצא לי שבוע וחצי חופש אז אני מאמינה שאני אתגבר על העניין :)

epony – תודה על התמיכה ושיהיה בתאבון

JoeCool
    חבר

Enjoy.

We await your return and your sharing your thoughts and impressions.

AZ

JoeCool
    חבר

To: austinpowers_2

Thanks for your input.

Obviously this will not play a factor in my decision of which school to attend. Just curious.

AZ

ly-cbs
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 39

Columbia Business School Information Session

Please join current Israeli MBA students at Columbia Business School for an information session, to learn more about the school’s competitive strengths and the application process

Friday, March 9th, 2007
    9:30 – 11:30
    United States-Israel Educational Foundation
    1 Ben Yehuda St., 10th Floor
    Tel Aviv

Seating is limited. Please register: 03-5172131 Ext. 200

See you there!
    Dan Fishel (MBA ’08)
    Lior Yogev (MBA ’07)
    Slovo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 96

לכל המתעניינים בנושא חיפוש העבודה בבית הספר, Fortune הוציאו סקר חדש המטפל בדיוק בזה.

פרטים ב Fortune 50 Best Business Schools for Getting Hired

(לטובת הקצרים בזמן – Wharton מוביל את הרשימה, אחריו Harvard, MIT, Stanford and Kellogg)

ly-cbs
    חבר

Please join current Israeli MBA students at Columbia Business School for an information session, to learn more about the school’s competitive strengths and the application process

Friday, March 9th, 2007
    Tel Aviv

See you there!
    Dan Fishel (MBA ’08)
    Lior Yogev (MBA ’07)
    oferva
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 48

Hi All,

Since Many of us are starting to work on our 2008 applications, I figured the following general tips on how to choose the right program for you could be helpful:

1) Absorb all you can: try visit the school and see what you think of the environment. Attend classes, talk with students.

2) Think ahead: get a sense for the school’s track record in your target field. For example, if you want to be a consultant, take a look at the placement statistics with the firms that are of interest to you. Talk to the career management office at the school and find out which firms came to campus, how many offers were made, etc. Contact alumni who work in your target field and see what they have to say. Finally, it may be a good idea to approach the HR department of a firm you are likely to target and ask them for their opinion of the programs on your list. This is also an excuse to build rapport with a potential future employer.

3) set your priorities: location, size, teaching method, etc. Are you a city person? Are you looking for more of a close-knit, “we’re all in this together” sort of experience, or are you looking to attend classes and then disappear into a large city with a few classmates or old friends? Do you need the benefits of a large university for the pursuit of specific coursework? Do you crave lengthy discussions with faculty? Do you have family or a significant other that might need to consider location? Are you strong in qualitative areas but looking to gain expertise in quantitative subjects? Is there a teaching method that might better address your weaknesses?

4) Think big. Consider regional and global brand. Will you be targeting a certain location for employment post-MBA? Does the school place many students in that region?

Hope it helps,

Ofer

ronnie11
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

שאלה בקשר למכתבי ההמלצה:

האם בתי הספר מפרסמים באפליקיישנים שלהם שאלות ספציפיות שעל כל ממליץ לענות?

עלי לבקש מכל ממליץ לכתוב מכתבי המלצה שונים כמס' בתי הספר שאני פונה אליהם?

תודה,

רוני

oferva
    חבר

To: ronnie11

הי ronnie,

בד"כ תידרש ל – 2 – 3 ממליצים. הממליצים נידרשים לענות על שאלות ספציפיות שכל בית ספר שואל. השאלות המעודכנות מתפרסמות ע"י בתי הספר השונים בד"כ באוגוסט, אולם ב 90% מהמיקרים השאלות אינן משתנות משנה לשנה.

עפ"י מה שקראתי עד כה, אם אינך רוצה לבקש מכל ממליץ מספר מכתבי המלצה, ניתן להכין איזשהו פורמט בסיסי של המלצה המהווה מכנה משותף, ולשנות אותו עפ"י צורך עבור כל בית ספר.

מקווה שזה עוזר,

עופר.

ly-cbs
    חבר

Friday, March 9th, 2007
    Tel Aviv

See you there!
    Dan Fishel (MBA ’08)
    Lior Yogev (MBA ’07)
    maroni
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

Hi all,

Can anyone direct me to a linkforum message that compares the b-schools according to the different characteristics, such as: teaching method, weather, class size etc?

Thanks,
    maroni

oferva
    חבר

To: maroni

Hi Itay,

A good place to start would be businessweek web site. After a short registration, you can find what you are searching for in the following link http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/06/geographic.htm.

Good Luck,

Ofer.

JoeCool
    חבר

To All Sep. 2007 Kellogg Admits:

We are organizing a very informal and last minute get together this evening (Monday March 19th 2007). We encourage everyone who has been accepted and can make it to attend.

For details please contact me asap: 054-2146210.

Aaron Zucker

Limch
    חבר

משהו מצחיק ששלחו לי, לכבוד זה שאני עוברת לארה"ב…

מוקדש לכל מי שבדרך לשם

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

עדכון: כדי לצפות כמו שצריך תעתיקו את הלינק מכאן לדפדפן שלכם, משום מה כשלוחצים על זה מההודעה זה לא עולה טוב…

ilanvag
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 157

לימור – תודה רבה ונשיקה גדולה ממני.

כבר מזמן לא צחקתי כל כך… :-)))

JoeCool
    חבר

חג פסח כשר ושמח לכולם

שחג הגאולה תהווה גאולה לאלו מאיתנו שעדיין מחכים להתקבל לתוכניות אליהן הגישו, ושחג האביב יבשר את בוא פריחת הישראלים בתוכניות המובילות בעולם. אמן

AZ

shimonh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 159

חג שמח!

epony
    חבר

חג שמח לכולם!!!

benny
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

שלום לכולם,

אני מעוניין לקנות את הספר של ריצ'רד מונטוק "How to get into the top MBA programs"

בני

ilanvag
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 157

To: benny

בני – יש לי את הספר. צור קשר באימייל. ilanvag1 <at> gmail <dot> com

shimonh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 159

בלוג יפה של בוגרת מנהל עסקים שעובדת ב-IB בלונדון (נדמה לי גולדמן זקס):

http://cafe.themarker.com/view.php?t=23516

Limch
    חבר

שלום לכולם!

בהמשך להודעות קודמות בנושא, חופשת הפסח מתקרבת לקיצה וכמובטח נקיים בקרוב מפגש לכל מי שבדרך לבוסטון והסביבה.

המפגש מתוכנן ל-21.4 פרטים נוספים ימסרו במייל בהמשך, לאחר אישור הגעה.

*** עדכון לאור פניותכם במייל: התאריך אינו סופי, מועד סופי יקבע לאחר שתהיה רשימה מלאה של כל מי שמעוניין להגיע ואז נמצא תאריך שמתאים לכולם

מוזמנים להגיע כל המתקבלים מכל הסיבובים, כולל בני/בנות זוג!

אנא אשרו הגעתכם עד ה-17.4 על מנת שנוכל להערך בהתאם, שלחו מייל ל:

limch @ netvision net il

ובהזדמנות זו: מזל טוב לכל המצטרפים של סיבוב שני!

JoeCool
    חבר

It's official. MBA students cheat the most.

If this is how they take exams, just imagine what they wrote in their applications

Check out this link:

http://spotlight.encarta.msn.com/Features/encnet_Departments_AdultLearning_default_article_SurveyMBAsAre.html?GT1=9279

noau
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

Hi all,

INSEAD will be holding a Breakfast & Panel Discussion dedicated to women in Tel Aviv on April 27. Any women interested in an MBA are very welcome to join us – I am a current student in INSEAD, and will be happy to see you there!

Here are some details and registration information –
    Breakfast & Panel Discussion (women's event)
    Women Leading Business:Promoting Your Future after the INSEAD MBA
    Friday, 27 April 2007, from 9:30am to 12:00pm
    at
    Hilton Hotel
    Hayarkon St, Tel Aviv
    Pre-registration required on STRonG title=http://www.insead.edu/MBA http://www.insead.edu/MBA, under ?Attend Events?, ?Information Events Worldwide?

Gal Sivan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

To: Slovo

Hi Slovo,

I would like to ask you some questions about Wharton over Skype if possible. If you would like, plz send your Skype ID to deshe45 <at> hotmail <dot> com

Thanks,

Gal.

אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

מצאתי ברשת אתר שבו התבצע גיוסי עבודה דרך האינטרנט עבור בוגרי MBA מביה"ס מובילים בעולם.

http://www.mbagcf.com/home.php

מה שמעניין לראות זה שמדובר בהתאגדות של 10 ביה"ס שרואים עצמם TOP10 בעולם. שיתוף הפעולה בין ביה"ס הללו מראה שאוניברסיטאות הנ"ל מחשיבות עצמן לקולגות.

m_shahar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 139

interesting essay about the ranking systems and top MBA schools:
    http://www.geocities.com/topmbaprograms/Top5MBA.htm
    אייל
    חבר

To: m_shahar

זה מאמר סובייקטיבי מתחילת 2005 שמלכלך קשות על Chicago ו-Columbia…

בגלל שאני הולך לשיקאגו אני אנסה לתקן קצת למען צופינו בפורום:

מאז 2005, Chicago דורגה #1 בBW ו- #5 ב – US News (יחד עם Kellogg )

כל הנתונים על yield וacceptance rates הם מהשנה הגרועה ביותר של Chicago בכל 10 השנים האחרונות. השנה למשל מצפים ל acceptance rates בסביבות ה20% (אפשר לראות באתר של ארינגו שגם לישראלים לא היה כ"כ קל בשיקאגו השנה)

ואם כבר מדובר על Brand Perception בארה"ב, שרשרת המזון די ברורה:

H/S

W

Chicago/MIT/Kellogg/Columbia

כל השאר…

לא שזה משנה יותר מידי בתוך השביעייה הזאת (אולי חוץ מ PE/VC ) מבחינת מציאת מקום עבודה.

ממש לא רציתי להיכנס לדיון על rankings כי זה נראה לי לא לרמת הפורום הזה אבל עיצבן אותי ההפניה למאמר הזה…

בד"כ חבר'ה בפורומים של BW שרוצים ללכלך על Chicago/Columbia מפנים אליו.

לא ציפיתי ממך שחר….

Roy Ben-Ami
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 82

זה מאמר אובייקטיבי לגמרי שמשום מה תומכי שיקגו וקולומביה "נעלבים" ממנו קשות.

הדבר היחיד שנכון זה שהוא משנת 2005 ומאז אכן שיקגו כן דורגה מקום ראשון ב-BW ולכן הוא לא מדויק בהקשר הזה.

על שרשרת המזון אני נוטה להסכים איתך אבל שוב זה מתקשר לכל מה שהולך בפורומים של BW – שדרך אגב מי שלא ביקר שם מעולם לא שמע על הדירוג של השרשרת הזו (במיוחד לא לתיאוריית ה-HSW המצ'וקמקת).

בכל מקרה, רמת הדיונים על הדירוגים של בתי הספר מדרדרת מהר מאוד וגוררת את הפורום למטה (ראה מה שקורה ב-BW) ולכן אני מציע לעזוב את הנושא הזה. אני בכל מקרה לא אגיב יותר על כך :)

אייל
    חבר

To: Roy Ben-Ami

ידעתי שתגיב beuwolf :-) (אתה יודע למה אני מתכוון…)

אני גם לא הולך להמשך לשטויות האלו ולכן זאת תהיה ההודעה האחרונה שלי בעניין.

הסיבה שאני אומר שהמאמר מגמתי כי הוא לקח את הסטטיסטיקות מהשנים הרעות ביותר של Chicago ו-Columbia ומציג אותם בתור הממוצע.

נו, ולמה אתה נגרר להשמצות אישיות "לדעתי זה רק מראה על חוסר הביטחון של המתקבלים לשני בתי הספר האלה"

תשאל את איתי, אני לוקח אותך במכות…. (לפני שתגיב על זה, ברור שאני צוחק)

בהצלחה בMIT גבר.

Roy Ben-Ami
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 82

מאמין לך :)

וצודק, מחקתי את ההערה שלא הייתה במקום.

יאללה תהנה גם אתה בשיקאגו

s2004
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

Quick question to anyone who knows – how do I add the IIMBA to my LinkedIn Groups and Associations?

Thanks.

anatshi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 40

To: s2004

I also tried a few times in the past. The current address of the group administrator points to an NYU address that is no longer valid. A few studnets initiated a new LinkedIn group, and I know they plan to merge it with the IIMBA one, once they figure out how to solve this.

Contact me and I'll forward you the invitation to join.

anatshi at walla dot co dot il

Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

MIT Sloan’s representatives are coming to Israel!
    On August 30-31, MIT Sloan representatives will be in Israel to attend the MBA fair hosted by Fullbright. This event can be an excellent opportunity for future applicants to learn about MIT’s MBA program and its application process.
    This event will take place in Sheraton Tel-Aviv Hotel, 115 Hayarkon Street, Tel-Aviv.
    Thursday, August 30th from 4.00 pm – 10.00 pm
    Friday, August 31st from 9.00 am – 2.00 pm

Please register through Fullbright’s website!
    Itai
    אורח123
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

שלום לכולם-

מישהו יכול לפרסם כיצד ניתן ליצור קשר עם כל אחד מיועצי ה MBA

ולקבל מידע?

זה יכול להיות אתר, אימייל, טלפון… כל מידע יתקבל בברכה.

תודה!

YV
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

חברים יקרים:

FORBES פרסמו את דירוג בתי הספר לשנת 2007 שלהם (מבוסס על תקופת ROI).

אין ספק שיש כמה הפתעות מעניינות

לעיונכם:

http://www.forbes.com/2007/08/16/best-business-schools-biz-07mba_cz_kb_0816bschool_land.html

tzachhh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

To: אורח123

Hi,you can get some information and try to registered to Aringo :

http://aringo.co.il/default.htm

Good luck

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 124

To: àåøç123

היי אורח,

קודם כל המון בהצלחה.

אתה מוזמן לעיין בעמודים ישנים יותר של פורום "התקבלת? אנא עדכן" (באזור 45+ אם אני לא טועה). זה יוכל ללא ספק לעזור להפוך את ההחלטה שלך למושכלת ומבוססת על ידע קונקרטי.

Psycho

idanva
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 119

To: אורח123

אורח, מה המייל שלך?

אני אשלח לך את הרשימה

SleepingIn
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 22

הדירוג של פורבס בהחלט מעניין אם כי הוא לא ממש דירוג שלם היות והוא מתבסס רק על מדד אחד. עד כה הדירוג הטוב ביותר שנתקלתי בו הוא של FT, שמתבסס על מגוון מדדים החל מ-ROI וכלה בשביעות רצון.
    ובכל זאת פורבס נותן נקודה למחשבה למועמדים שה-ROI הוא המדד החשוב ביותר עבורם. במקרה הזה ההשוואה בין התוכניות האירופאיות לאמריקאיות איננה הוגנת, כפי שמציינים שם.
    מי מבין הסטודנטים/בוגרים התמקד באירופה בגלל סיבה זו?

austinpowers_2
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 57

To: Amit Goldstein

Hi Amit, Sorry for the long post – I hope you'll find it useful.

I am sure you know this: The ranking should be taken with a pinch of salt.

It serves as good "PR ammunition" for admission teams (and for students) but not much more. For example the average ROI from school X is 99.999% not relevant for you – This is the nature of averages. Especially in programmes that are as diverse as international MBAs. You should understand your chances of nailing the job you are aftar and understand how much does that job pays.

A good illustration can be McKinsey (or Goldman or similar firms) in London: They will pay a Harvard Grad and an Oxford grad the same MBA base salary (Alumni – correct me if I am wrong). Variations will be small.

Regardsing the ranking:

If you want to learn about the ranking understand the weight they give the attributes, it can explain many of the anomalities (rather than surprises) in the different rankings. I call them anomalities, as in my opinion, it does not matter what a report will tell you some schools are better than others: e.g. Stanford does not play with UNC in the same leage and London Business School does not play with Erasmus in the same league (I tried to choose schools with small Israeli representation to avoid offending anyone – I am sure UNC and Erasmus are great schools).

At the end of the day an applicant should find the school which is best for him (and will take him) rather than one that is placed higher on this or that ranking…

As an example here are the details of the FT MBA2007 ranking method:

The Financial Times MBA 2007 rankings TABLE KEY (weights are in brackets)

Audit year KPMG reported on the results of obtaining evidence and applying specified audit procedures relating to selected data provided for the Financial Times MBA survey ranking for selected business schools.

Salary Today An average of salaries – three years after graduation – from the 2004, 2005 and 2006 surveys. The figure is in US dollars and is NOT used in the ranking.

Weighted Salary (20) The average ‘salary today’ with adjustment for salary variations between industry sectors. The figure is a weighted average of salaries three years after graduation from the 2004, 2005 and 2006 surveys and is in US dollars.

Salary percentage increase (20) The percentage increase in salary from the beginning of the MBA to three years after graduation. The figure is a weighted average of the increases from the 2004, 2005 and 2006 surveys.

Value for money (3) The value for money criterion is a short-term indicator calculated using the salary earned by alumni three years after graduation and course costs, including the opportunity cost of not working for the duration of the course.

Career progress (3) The degree to which alumni have moved up the career ladder three years after graduating. Progression is measured through changes in level of seniority and the size of company in which they are employed. The data in this field has been combined with career progress results from the MBA 2005 and MBA 2004 surveys.

Aims achieved (3) The extent to which alumni fulfilled their goals or reasons for doing an MBA. This is measured as a percentage of total returns for a school.

Placement success (2) The percentage of alumni, who graduated in 2002, that gained employment with the help of career advice. The data is presented as a rank. The figure behind the rank is a weighted average of the placement success results from MBA 2004, 2005 and 2006.

Alumni recommendation (2) Alumni of 2002 were asked to name three business schools from which they would recruit MBA graduates. The figure represents the number of votes received by each school. The data is a weighted average from the 2004, 2005 and 2006 surveys and is presented as a rank.

Employed at three months (2) The percentage of the most recent graduating class that had gained employment within three months. The figure in brackets is the percentage of the class on which the school was able to provide employment data.

Women faculty (2) Percentage of female faculty.

Women students (2) Percentage of female students.

Women board (1) Female members of the advisory board, as a percentage.

International faculty (4) The percentage of faculty whose nationality differs from their country of employment.

International students (4) The percentage of international students.

International board (2) The percentage of the board whose nationality differs from the country in which the business school is situated.

International mobility (6) A rating system that measures the degree of international mobility based on the employment movements of alumni between the time prior to their MBA and graduation and also, the time between graduation and today.

International experience (2) Weighted average of four criteria that measure international exposure during the course.

Languages (2) Number of additional languages required on completion of the MBA. Where a proportion of students require a further language due to an additional diploma, that figure is included in the calculations but not presented in the final table.

Faculty with doctorates (5) Percentage of faculty with a doctoral degree.

FT Doctoral rating (5) Number of doctoral graduates from the last three academic years with additional weighting for those graduates taking up a faculty position at one of the top 50 schools in MBA 2005.

FT Research rating (10) A rating of faculty publications in 40 international academic and practitioner journals. Points are accrued by the business school at which the author is presently employed. Adjustment is made for faculty size.

SleepingIn
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 22

אוסטין היקר,
    תודה רבה על הזמן והמאמץ להבהיר את הנושא.
    עבורי הדירוגים אינם מהווים גורם חשוב, היות ואני מאמין שאצליח להשיג תוצאות דומות מכל אחד מהטופ-15. ייתכן שבמקרים מסוימים זה יהיה יותר קשה, ייתכן ש-HWS פותחים יותר דלתות מאשר מישיגן והאס אבל לא בטוח שמי שפתח לך את הדלת יתלהב לעזור לך באותה מידה. כאמור, לכל בי"ס היתרונות והחסרונות שלו ובסופו של דבר הגורם המכריע הוא ההתאמה האישית לבי"ס.

אגב, לאחרונה אני שוקל להגיש גם לבתי ספר אירופיים. אודה לך אם תוכל להשאיר את המייל שלך ונשוחח קמעה על LBS.

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 218 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.