Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 151 עד 200 (מתוך 218 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • Or.R
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

To: All

What would you consider be the impact of the sub prime crisis on admission prospects?

I think it is reasonable to say that for the American applicant an economic downturn usually means a lower alternative cost and therefore a lowered projected cost of participating in an MBA program. More Americans applying means lower chances for American but, how does it impacts the foreign applicants?

Do you expect less foreign applicant to apply? This could be mainly because of higher foreseeable risk for quick ROI in the US due to lower salaries and more impotently a more difficult recruiting plus the already known issues regarding obtaining H1-Bs and EB-1s?

Most schools declared class 2009 as "record breaking" so maybe this "crisis" could actually play in our favor…

So what do you think, would the current crisis play in our favor or lower our chances?

ariel13
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 33

ever thought about becoming an I-banker? Consulting is your gig? Check out this new video clip…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROlDmux7Tk4&fmt=18

REL

MBAwannabe2010
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

To: ariel13

I don't think anyone wants to be a banker these days… or as a matter of fact in business school with economy crashing…
    epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

To: ariel13, All

New version, OLD idea…

My personal favorite is this one from Fuqua: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNv2xIrfh88.

epony
    חבר

To: MBAwannabe2010

I wrote a post yesterday about MBA job prospects in face of the current economic downturn that you might be interested in… http://mbachances.co.il/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=209&PagePosition=1&get=last#25331.

Bottom line: downturns are a relatively good time to go into business school – lower alternative costs, i.e. less chance of promotion, bonus and/or salary hike – and a relatively bad to graduate from business school – less job vacancies, lower salaries, more competition from ex-bankers, etc.

Recent data from bankers (who still have a job and who work for the remaining bulge bracket banks) peg the market upturn at the second half of 2009, which would probably mean that MBAs graduating this year will likely face the same tough conditions that 2008 graduates have faced over the past months. However, it also means that people who started a 2-year MBA program now will likely face a bullish market upon graduation!

Best of luck!

MBAwannabe2010
    חבר

To: epony

I tend to agree that the cycle will turn but the timing is an issue. Evening if the upturn starts at 2009 it will take some time before recruiting returns to the numbers it was a year or two ago. btw – the majority of graduates from the class of 2008 found jobs late in 2007 or early 2008 which means their recruiting season was much better than what we see these days. With ~50,000 bankers out on the streets seeking for a new job I would hate to be part of the class of 2009 or 2010 for that matter. Graduates of 2011 should be in a better place still it won't be the same market that we saw in 2006 or 2007 when companies kept uping signing bonuses.

my 2 cents

Danielm
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14

epony, normally, I would agree with you. The thing is (and I'm working at a 2nd tier US brokerage firm in Israel) that this is not a "cycle". What we are experiencing is a reshape of Wall St. and the re-organization of financial firms. You can basically take out Bear Sterns, Lehman Br. and Merrill Lynch out of the reccruiters list of MBA programs. Also rumored today to go bankrupt or be bought are the biggest two, MS and GS.

And we still haven't heard anything about foreign/UK brokers.

With just Lehman out of the picture, 26000 people are now looking for jobs in other firms, so there's MORE competition (-9000 employees going to Barclays after buying Lehman's IB business).

Citi, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, JPM and BofA will NOT be hiring lots of students in the next couple of years even as the stock/bond market turns again and becomes bullish.

It's a bit scary to believe so, but Investment Bankers will probably not be receiving those high salaries in the next couple of years.

This is not just a "cycle". There are things today that have not been seen since the late 20s…

epony
    חבר

To: JTyrrell

JTyrrell,

You make some good points, but I still stand by my previous statements…

In essence, this crash is similar to the tech bubble crash of 5-6 years ago in that money was printed with no liabilities or assurances, and investments were made at a far greater risk than it seemed.

The main difference is that now instead of having to shut down start-ups and dotcoms and merge telcos and software giants, it's all about the financial sector… And in all honesty, just as as the tech market "deserved" to be punished for its hubris during the dotcom boom, so does the financial sector now – the ridiculous risks they have taken over the past few years will likely be thoroughly discussed in many Harvard business cases in the years to come.

All that being said, I still wouldn't worry about the long term, even if a paradigm shift is in order. The fact that bulge bracket banks are being merged into commercial banks and other financial institutions should not affect the MBA market as this M&A activity is mostly a by product of the crisis – MS and GS have essentially "weathered the storm", but they're still being taken over as acquirers believe they are hugely undervalued. Think about it for a second: in the midst of this financial maelstrom, people still have the balls to put in hundred billion dollar bids for the most powerful banks in the world..!

As to your point about salaries, seeing as bankers get more than 50% of their annual income through performance-relatede bonuses, I think saying that salaries would "probably" go down is the understatement of the year! ;-)

I stand by my prediction: Finance jobs and internships will be scarce this year, and competition will probably be fierce throughout next year as well. Banking salaries will definitely take a serious hit, but will rise accordingly once the market start climbing again. Despite and power shifts in the banking sector, MBA hiring won't necessarily be affected by these "cosmetic" changes.

P.S. word to the wise: watch out for the next big bubble, due to burst at around 2015 – the carbon trading market (a.k.a. making money out of thin air ;-)

MBAwannabe2010
    חבר

I hate to beat this to death but there is one issue that you seam to be missing.

The tech industry as apposed to the financial industry was never a major hirer of MBAs. So even when the tech bubble burst and the market was sour most MBAs found jobs within the core MBA hiring companies. Tomorrow (figuratively speaking) on the other hand there will be fewer investment banks with smaller departments (lets face it mergers reduce fat) instead of 30% of the average MBA class going into banking the percentage will shrink. Of course the question is by how much – but regardless it will take the financial industry a very long to recover and I doubt they will ever reach the number of employees they have today. All this doesn't even start to quantify the repercussions to other service providers (consulting firms, tech companies etc')

m_shahar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 139

הי,

שנים לא נכנסתי לאתר, אבל עניין אותי לראות פה תגובות של סטודנטים נוכחיים למשבר. מאחר ואין פה תגובות אני מניח שסטודנטים עדיין בהלם.

אף אחד לא יודע מה יהיה, אבל לא נראה שמדובר בעוד "סיבוב של גלגל הכלכלה", מדובר במשבר שאמריקאים מתחייסים אליו כאל משהו ברמה של 9291, ברור שמדובר במשהו הרבה הרבה יותר חמור מפיצוץ הבועה ב0002 (שהכניס את העולם למיתון למשך כמה שנים טובות).

ארה"ב היתה בתהליך גלישה למיתון בשנה האחרונה, וגם אחרי הפיצוץ הנוכחי יש עוד מספיק בעיות מבניות בכלכלת ארה"ב…. מעבר לגל ההדף הראשון (חברות פיננסים) ולגל ההדף השני (חברות שירות) יש אפשרות שכל המשק יקפא…. בכל מקרה בטח יהיה שינוי תפיסה עמוק לגבי אשראי וסיכון וזה לא חדשות טובות לשום חברה.

אשמח לשמוע תגובות מסטודנטים נוכחיים – איך נראה המצב בקמפוס?

דרך אגב, במקינזי ניו-יורק העסקים כרגיל לקראת עונת הגיוס הקרובה….

שחר

epony
    חבר

To: m_shahar

מעניין מה שאתה אומר על מקינזי NY – עד כמה זה מוסמך? אני שואל מכיוון שלא מזמן שמעתי שבמקינזי לונדון אשכרה הקפיאו גיוסים…

כמו שאני מבין את זה, ה-"בעיה" עם מקינזי לונדון, NY וכיו"ב היא שהמון מהעבודה שלהם מתקשרת בסופו של דבר לפיננסים, לא מבחינה טכנית, אלא מבחינת חוזק השוק – הערכת כדאיות אסטרטגית של השתלטות על חברה כזאת או אחרת, תמיכה בתהליכי מיזוגים ורכישות מבחינת אופרציה ו-HR (וגם פיננסים) וכו'… אי לכך, קריסת השווקים משפיעה יותר על המשרדים הספציפיים האלה מעל משרדים במקומות אחרים בעולם – מקינזי מגייסים ב-INSEAD יותר מבכל בי"ס אחר בעולם, ולמרות שאין לי עדיין מספרים סופיים, די ברור שלא רק שהם ירדו אבסולוטית, אלא גם היה דגש על מיקום גיאוגרפי בגיוס (6 אנשים הלכו למשרד במוסקבה, מספר דומה אם לא גבוה יותר לדובאי, וכנ"ל לגבי סין…)

pdima
    חבר

אפוני היקר,

אני חושב שהמידע שבידיך איננו מדויק. המשרד בלונדון של החברה מגייס כרגיל, עם התאמות מסוימות למציאות, בה פחות יועצים עוזבים את החברה. בשנה הבאה המשרד בלונדון אינו צפוי לצמצם משמעותית את הגיוסים שלו, ובטח שלא להקפיאם.

מעבר לכך, השנה הצטרפו למשרד בוגרים רבים של אינסיאד ושל בתי ספר אחרים. השנה נקלטה במשרד כמות של יועצים שאיננה קטנה מהכמות בשנה שלפני כן.

באשר לפיננסים – אינני יודע על מה מתבסס המידע שבידך, אבל המיקוד של המשרד בלונדון הוא לאו דווקא בסקטור הפיננסי. השפעות המשבר על עבודת המשרד היא מוגבלת, אם בכלל.

מעבר לכך, למרות הפגיעה בעסקים בסקטור הפיננסי בעקבות המשבר, הלה פתח בפני החברה גם אפשרויות חדשות מול לקוחות חדשים.

להבנתי, המצב בניו-יורק אמור להיות קשה יותר, אך גם שם הפגיעה ב"עסקים כרגיל" מוגבלת מאוד. לפחות כך מוסרים חברים קרובים.

בברכה,
    דימה

razia
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 70

Epony,

I must agree with pdima. Yesterday McKinsey were recruiting on our campus with the Washington director on their panel. He was specifically asked about McKinsey revenues and recruiting during these difficult days, and his answer was that there is no decrease in the demand for McKinsey consultants, but a shift to different areas such as risk management and etc.

Hope I helped,

Razi Avram ▪ MBA Class of 2010 UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School
    Shaping Leaders | Driving Results

avidan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

To: razia

האם אתה חושבים שבעקבות הירידה הצפוייה בגיוסים בתחום הfinance, אז האוניברסיטאות ינהגו בהתאם –

משמע, יתרכזו בקבלת סטונדטים מסקטורים יותר סולידים בכדי לשמור על סטטיסטיקות בוגרים עובדים גבוהות?

epony
    חבר

To: razia

I've been through the recruiting milkrounds, so let me dispense with this insight: talk is cheap.

The shift I witnessed McK were doing was a geographical one, so unless you speak Arabic, Russian or Chinese, it's not going to be easy to get (not that it was easy to begin with…)

epony
    חבר

To: avidan

בוא נגיד את זה ככה, יכול להיות שיהיה קשה יותר להתקבל מרקע של פיננסים, פשוט כי סביר להניח שהרבה מאוד בנקאים מפוטרים ינסו גם ללכת על MBA באקלים הנוכחי.

מצד שני, לא נראה לי שהמספר האבסולוטי של מתקבלים עם רקע פיננסי ירד (יש מצב שהוא אפילו יעלה בגלל הנ"ל) מכיוון שרקע כזה מתאים לכל תעשייה שהיא. חוצמזה, רוב האנשים רוצים לעשות MBA כדי לשנות כיוון בקריירה, לא?

pdima
    חבר

Dear Epony and All,

I have no idea where you're taking your information from, however I doubt that one talk is more or less cheaper than the other. I am working for the Firm's London office and, incidentally, have dozens of friends who joined with me this year. I am also, incidentally, quite familiar with the recruiters.

The London office has made minute changes to its recruitment plan for next year. The changes that have been made will not influence the bulk of the recruiting, and have little to do with the current market situation.

As far as my friends indicate, the situation in other offices in the west is similar. The Firm, as indeed to other consultancies, serve many various clients and usually there are more projects than the firms can handle. When there is a downturn firms usually tend to rely more on the industries that are active. In addition, often the effects of crises, such as this one, provide more work than BAU.

On a more practical note, it will indeed be more difficult to find employment with consultancies this year, but mainly because of the increased competition. This year there will just be more competent people in the market for consulting jobs – the financial sector is recruiting less and there are major downsizings in several companies, leaving highly intelligent people in the market looking for jobs.

All the best,
    Dima

אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

To: pdima

דימה אפוני וכל היתר,

היה לי אתמול שיחה ארוכה עם ראש צוות הגיוסים של מקינזי בGSB (בתור מתמחה קיץ וכלוקח חלק במאמץ הגיוסים בקמפוס) – אז אני חושב שהמידע שבידיי די מבוסס (לפחות לגבי מה שקורה בצפון אמריקה). החברה מתכוונת לגייס השנה במספרים קצת יותר נמוכים משנה שעברה אבל לא בצורה משמעותית. וכן – יש הבדלים בין המשרדים השונים (למשל אטלנטה הולכים לקחת הרבה פחות אנשים למשרה מלאה השנה). הסיבה שאין ירידה משמעותית במספר האנשים שהם מתכוונים לגייס היא – שכרגע הפגיעה היא עדיין יחסית קלה והם מאמינים שהמצב ישתפר לקראת סוף 2009. זה לגבי גיוסים, אבל… בשטח כן מרגישים האטה מסויימת. כמות הפרוייקטים שנפתחים ירדה ויש יותר אנשים "על החוף". כמו כן, תמהיל הפרוייקטים נהייה יותר קיצוני לכיוון של – cost cutting (ופחות growth strategy).

אגב, לגבי לונדון – אני כן שמעתי שיש ירידה בגיוסים (יש בחורה מהמחזור שלי שהתמחתה שם בקיץ) אבל לדימה כנראה יש מידע יותר מעודכן.

דבר אחרון – זה נכון שהגיוסים לבנקים הגדולים ירדו אבל מסתבר שהרבה יותר בנקים קטנים (boutiques) באים לגייס השנה. כמו כן, כמות המגייסים בתחום ההיי-טק גדולה מתמיד.

אייל

austinpowers_2
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 57

To contribute from my humble experience:

BCG London is starting the full time campus recruitment "business as usual". Naturally, campus competition will be more fierce than in previous years. Many career-changers-to-banking are changing strategy to consulting. Sign-up to consulting presentations in schools (LBS and others) are higher compared to the last few years.

My "analysis":
    The impact on the consulting industry is two fold: On one hand these mergers are usually followed by lucrative post merger consulting projects. On the other, companies rethink their consulting budgets. A 2001 veteran told me that this is the reason consulting firms lag 6-12 months behind the industry (in terms of feeling the downturns in top and bottom line). Naturally if we are talking on total meltdown, everyone's in big trouble…

With regards to the analogy made earlier to the .com crush. Making this analogy can be dangerous. Indeed, on a superficial level there are similar symptoms (stock market has gone down…). However, FS is much more pervasive and impacts every layer of business and society (while .com was more isolated).

To conclude – Would I want to graduate from an MBA in the next 18 months? Not sure, at least not if I am changing country, industry and function (the case for most Israelis). I would be feel more comfortable looking for my internship in 12-18 months (e.g. wait a year before starting a 12-15 months programme, or go for a 21 months programme. (Unless I had a CV that realllllly stands out)

Gil

YV
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

השבוע פורסם דירוג תוכניות ה-MBA של ה-Economist Intelligence Unit ו-IESE דורגו במקום השני בעולם.

את הדירוג, והסברים מדויקים לגבי אופן הדירוג ניתן למצוא בלינק המצורף.

face=Calibri color=#800080 http://mba.eiu.com/index.asp?layout=2008rankings

epony
    חבר

To: austinpowers_2, All

Gil,

Thanks for the info re BCG UK and the crisis in general!

Friends in banking are still quite adamant that while the situation looks bleak, it is likely to improve before the end of 2009, i.e. within 12 months. So, while I wouldn't want to graduate in the next 12 months (and unfortunately, graduating 3 months ago was no picnic either…), I think that those who just started a 2-year MBA should prevail. I only wish I could say the same for those who just started 1-year programs…

All that being said, the bottom line is that a vast majority of graduates still get jobs, but as Gil put it, the chances of achieving a career change trifecta (location, ndustry and function) are greatly reduced (then again, a seasoned job search expert who came to INSEAD last year said that his experience taught him that such a massive career change only has a 5% chance of success anyway). Essentially, this means that recent graduates and current students will probably find themselves having to "compromise" on their dream job. For example, I decided not to "give up" on the relocation dream, and eventually settled on going back to my old industry, but in a new country and in a new function, so 2/3 isn't that bad..!

A final note, which I hope might cheer people up; a few months ago I met with some INSEAD alumni from 2002-2003, when the job search had been very bad due to the dotcom crash. All of them had a very hard time getting a job after the MBA was over, but 5 years later, they all hold great positions! This just goes to show that an MBA is a long-term investment, and even when the going gets rough, good talent prevails.

Best of luck to everyone!!!

epony
    חבר

To: YV

אין ספק ש-IESE היא תכנית מאוד חזקה (טופ 5 באירופה ועל סף הטופ 10 בעולם לעניות דעתי), אבל לא הייתי מבליט את ה-"הישגים" שלה בדירוג הידוע לשמצה של ה-Economist… מספיק להסתכל על הטופ 20 ברשימה בשביל להבין שיש משהו מאוד מוזר באלגוריתם שלהם ;-)
    savioni
    חבר

Hey Everyone,

Since many of you are working hard these days on your applications, I thought that the following information would be relevant to those who are interested in a finance career and are considering MIT Sloan. The information below is about a track in finance which has just been introduced in Sloan (similar to the Entrepreneurship & Innovation model).

I myself have an engineering background and found this track to be very useful and a great way to ease my transition into finance. One of the things that the track has to offer is the introductory proseminar directed by Prof. Andrew Lo (one of the world's most respected financial economists and a Hedge Fund Guru, in addition to him being an amazing professor). This seminar has opened me to a big base of knowledge encompassing the different finance roles available in today's markets and has clarified my understanding of basic concepts concerning today's Global economic crisis.

Since the financial crisis has got even worse, the school has started to offer special workshops, panels, courses and guest speakers that address this financial crisis. These are extremely useful for the Sloan community as a whole as they ensure that all the community (and not only those who are interested in finance careers) is fully updated and knowledgeable about the different aspect and technical details of this crisis.

If you have any questions regarding this track or about Sloan in general, feel free to drop an email.

Savion
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The MIT Sloan MBA Track in Finance

Following in its tradition of innovation and excellence in finance, the MIT Sloan School of Management is pleased to announce a new MBA track, the Track in Finance. The Track in Finance consists of a set of required courses, focused electives, and extra–curricular activities that will prepare MBA students for a career in Finance. Enrollment for the Track in Finance is open to all first year MBA students. Upon successful completion, students will receive a Track in Finance Certificate, issued by Sloan, in addition to their MBA degree. Students in the Track will complete the following required finance courses which will provide basic prerequisites: 15.401 Finance Theory I (to be taken in the Fall semester of the first year), 15.402 Finance Theory II, 15.451 Proseminar in Financial Engineering or 15.452 Proseminar in Financial Management.

In addition, Track in Finance students will be required to participate in an introductory proseminar – An Introduction to the Practice of Finance – in which first–year students are exposed to some of the basic institutions and practices of the financial industry, which will include panel discussions with representatives from various leading financial institutions, MIT alumni currently engaged in the financial services sector, and leading industry vendors. Finance Track electives are designed to prepare students for more specific career paths within the finance industry. In particular, Finance Track students can select one of the following six specializations:
    Asset Management, Corporate Finance, Financial Engineering, Financial Technology, Risk Management, Sales and Trading

Within each specialization, there is a customized list of electives tailored to the demands of that career path. Students are expected to take 39-42 units of Track electives. To receive the Track certificate, students are expected to maintain a minimum GPA of 4.2 in their Track courses.

gili4u
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 78

Dear friends,

I am fortunate enough to be organizing the iTrek (the trek to Israel) with two of the brightest minds in the midwest (fellow Israeli students..)

We would like to seek your assistance with an event we are organizing: as part of our campaign to create awareness to the trip, we would like to organize a social gathering, in which the idea is simply to have fun so we could position Israel as a fun place and thus attract people to the experience. Pretty simple. One thought we have is to organize a houmous and israeli salad preparation workshop, so people would prepare the stuff in an assembly line fashion and then sit down for dinner (yes, definitely the lowest common denominator).

Do you have any ideas for fun events or can share from expeirence in your school any thoughts (I think I heard from a few of you about Israeli events as part of multi-national festivals) ?

Thank you !

G.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 124

To: gili4u

Hey Gili,

It's great to hear that Chicago GSB decided to kick off this transformative initiative!

I'm happy to help in any way – just let me know.

Cheers, Aaron

avim
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 48

To: gili4u

EDIT: oops… I misread your post, and thought you wanted ideas for the actual iTrek.. Anyway if you lack ideas for the trip itself, you can still read my post.

Hi Gili,

What about a 2 day trek in the Judah desert? you can combine it with:

1. A pita + houmous + salad making workship (with the Taboun and everything) in a bedouin tent. They have these kind of tourist tents all over the area.

2. A climb up Metzada + guided tour (for the lazy ones there is the elevator)

3. You can sleep in Ein-Gedi and go to its Dead Sea spa area (Dead Sea mud is always a thrill for tourists)

4. Maybe a 4×4 Jeep trip in the desert?

5. On the way back you can stop next to the arab villages by Jericho and buy local pottery

Just my 0.02$.

Avi

gili4u
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 78

To: avim, Aaron

Guys,

Thank you for your response, including those who emailed me. All the information you provided would be usefull to us.

I am still looking for ideas for the session we are planning. I believe someone from MIT was telling me about their table in the food festival last year (or the one before). Is there any MIT alum who can comment on that ?

Thanks !

G.

ndm1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 20

Hey

When I was travelling in Argentina, we once made shakshuka for everyone in the hostel, and got rave reviews :) It's a bit similar to the hummus idea, but I think it's nicer.

I don't know exactly where you hold your event and what is available for you, but if you can have some slideshow showing scenery from Israel while people are making/eating the food, it will (hopefully) cause people to be actively interested in what they see (instead of watching a show). And last, with a business school trip in mind, talking about Israel's strengths (hi tech, economy etc..) might also bring some interest.

Hope I helped, and sorry I'm not left-alligend…

Gili_Kellogg
    חבר

Greetings from Kellogg!

We cordially invite you to attend a Kellogg Information Session in Tel Aviv. Beth Flye, Assistant Dean and Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, and Kellogg Alumni will present on the full-time student experience and Admissions. Please view the attached invitation.

Space is limited, so please register at:
    face=Calibri color=#800080 http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Programs/FullTimeMBA/Admissions_events/Off_Campus_events.aspx.

November 2, 2008
    6:00pm-8:00pm
    Tel-Aviv University
    Recanati Building
    Room 110

*Please bring photo identification.

For questions about the information session, please contact us at 847-491-3308 or via email at face=Calibri color=#800080 [email protected].

Please visit face=Calibri color=#800080 http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu for more information about the Full-Time MBA Program.

Regards,
    The Kellogg Admissions Team
    Zahi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 38

To: Gili_Kellogg

שלום חברים,

לפני כחודש היה לי ראיון עם קייט מאמורי (לתוכנית של השנה אחת שמתחילה במאי 2009 ) אם מישהו זקוק לכמה טיפים אז בשמחה. רק אזכיר סט של שאלות קצרות בסוף, שמאוד נהנתי ממנו. היא ביקשה לדעת במילה אחת מה יגידו עליי אנשים מתחומים שונים בחיים שלי- מהעבודה הקודמת, מהעבודה הנוכחית, חבר טוב ואישתי . . . . והכול במילה אחת .. . . . .נהנתי ! בהצלחה לכולם . . . .

rash733
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 274

To: Zahi

צחי

אפשר לפנות אליך במייל

לי יצא רק לדבר עם קייט והיא היתה מאוד נחמדה

אבל אני בהחלט מניח שראיון הוא משהו שאני אצטרך לעבור

רן

Zahi
    חבר

שלום רן

מצטער על העיכוב בתשובה

וודאי,

אני ב-
    PEEKYPEEKY

בגמייל

בכל מקרה אני מציע שנעביר את הדיון לזומנת לראיון ואם יש לך שאלות כלליות שיכולות להטיב עם כולם … אז אולי עדיף שתשאל כאן .. . איך שנוח לך

צחי

rash733
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 274

היי צחי

תודה
    האם אתה בשלב של לפני או אחרי התשובה מביה"ס ?
    ושנית שאלתי באופן כללי במקום אחר אבל איך שלחת את גליונות הציונים שלך לביה"ס בעצמך דרך הדואר או שנאלצת להגיע לאוניברסיטה בארץ ולהחתים אותם על מעטפה סגורה וכד' ?
    הקטע הזה לא ממש ברור באתר של גויזטה
    דרך אגב נדמה לי שפעם פתחתי כאן שיחה על גויזטה אחרי שהיתי במפגש בפולברייט עם יניב סטודנט שלומד שם היום

דרך אגב למה בחרת בתוכנית של שנה ולא שנתיים ?

רן

Zahi
    חבר

שלום רן,

שאלת הרבה שאלות, אני אשתדל לכסות את הדברים.

ראשית, אני בשלב של לפני תשובה מבית הספר מהטעם הפשוט, שעוד לא הגשתי מועמדות (אני מתכוון לעשות זאת בקרוב מאוד). ניצלתי את הכנס הבינלאומי וביקשתי ראיון (אופציה שאמורי פתחו), שלחתי לבקשתם קורות חיים מלאים באנגלית, ציונים וכו'… וככה זומנתי לראיון. מצד אחד, בכלל כהמלצה כללית, מאוד כדאי לבדוק אם בכנסים הבאים (כמו הכנס הבא של קידום) יש תוכניות, שאתה מעוניין בהן ועושות ראיונות. מצד שני, זה ראיון לכל דבר ואתה צריך לבוא מוכן. בעיקר להכיר את המטרות שלך לעתיד, איזה בית ספר מתאים לך ולמה דווקא התוכנית הזאת. אני כבר די הרבה זמן בתהליך (למעלה משנה) ולכן הרגשתי מוכן לראיון.
    שנית, בקשר לגליונות ציונים. אני חושב שכבר ענו פה חלק מהחברים… אני אוסיף. בבתי ספר שמבקשים לשלוח את הציונים חתומים על ידי המוסד, אני ממליץ לגשת בשעות הקבלה של מדור האישורים, לבוא עם מעטפות מבויילות (ממליץ לבוא עם כמה מעטפות – אם אתה לא יודע את מספר התוכניות המדוייק שתרצה להגיש עליהן) ועם הכתובות של התוכנית על המעטפות ואז להוציא את האישורים, לשים מול עיני המזכירות את האישורים בכל אחת מהמעטפות ואז להגיש את המעטפות למזכירה לחתום. כך, שבסוף התהליך אתה יוצא עם מספר המעטפות שרצית והן סגורות וחתומות על ידי המוסד (כדרישת חלק מבתי הספר).אח"כ תוכל לשלוח אותן עצמאית וזה לא ישנה.
    שלישית, אכן היה מפגש של אמורי לפני כחודשיים נדמה לי, עם יניב. זה היה לפני הגמט שלי, אז לא הצטרפתי. כמובן שדיברתי עם יניב לפני הראיון שלי והוא סייע רבות ! כמובן זה הצטרף לאינפורמציה מהמחקר שעשיתי על התוכנית.
    רביעית, ביחס לבחירה של התוכנית של שנה. אני יכול לדבר על זה בערך יומיים. אני אגיד לך את הנקודות המרכזיות מבחינתי:
    צריך להבחין בין תוכניות של שנה באירופה לבין תוכניות של שנה בארה"ב. באירופה, זה לרוב, סטנדרט של תוכנית לכל הסטודנטים, שמתקבלים וגם מבחינת המעסיקים זה לא נראה בעייתי. בארה"ב זה סיפור אחר לגמרי. המסלול האמריקאי הוא מאוד מאוד מובנה וכולל התמחות בין השנה הראשונה לשנייה. זוהי הזדמנות נפלאה לצבור ניסיון תעסוקתי בחברה אמריקאית, לבדוק תחום חדש שאתה רוצה להיכנס אליו ואופציה טובה לקבל הצעת עבודה אם מתקיים מפגש רצונות בשני הצדדים.
    לכן, תוכניות של שנה בארה"ב הן לא דבר מובן מאליו. מבחינה אישית אני בחרתי להגיש רק לתוכניות של שנה (באירופה וארה"ב) בגלל שיש לי ניסיון תעסוקתי של יותר מ-5 שנים, תואר שני בתחום משיק למטרות הקריירה העתידיות שלי ומטרות קריירה ממוקדות.

כמובן כמו בכל דבר בחיים יש יתרונות וחסרונות בבחירה הזאת. אשמח להרחיב אם תרצה בכך.

תרגיש חופשי להמשיך לשאול מה שבא לך . . . .
    תמיד שמח לעזור !
    צחי

epony
    חבר

חברים,

אני לא רוצה לעודד פאניקה וחרדות מיותרות, אבל בתור מישהו שסיים את התואר לפני 4 חודשים, רציתי לשתף אותכם במצב שוק העבודה כפי שאני חווה אותו באופן אישי, בעיקר מכיוון שיש לי רושם שעד היום אף אחד לא ממש התעמת עם המציאות מעל דפי פורום זה.

המון חברות הקפיאו גיוסים לחלוטין (שלא לדבר על פיטורים), ולא ברור עד מתי. רק בשבועיים האחרונים שמעתי על הצעות עבודה שבוטלו ע"י גוגל ונוקיה, ועל הקפאת גיוסים אצל חברות רבות בתחומים שונים (סיסקו היא דוגמה אחת לכך).

במרבית הבנקים עדיין מפטרים משמעותית יותר ממה שמגייסים (אם בכלל מגייסים), והדבר נכון לגבי חברות רבות אחרות בתחום הפיננסי (קרנות גידור, קרנות השקעה, Private Equity וכו'…) המצב עוד יותר בעייתי בתחום הנ"ל היות ויש כמה אלפי מובטלים שבאו מהתחום ויש להם ייתרון על בוגרי MBA שאין להם ניסיון מקצועי משמעותי בפיננסים. הנתונים בשטח מראים שכמות האנשים שמצאו עבודה בפיננסים אחרי ה-MBA ירדה במקרים מסויימים עד לכדי רבע מהממוצע בשנים קודמות!

חברות הייעוץ עדיין עובדות, שכן תמיד יש מישהו שצריך עצה, ובוודאי שבאקלים הכלכלי הנוכחי. הפרוייקטים מתמקדים יותר בקיצוץ עלויות, פשיטות רגל, "מכירות חיסול" של חברות ובמדיניות ציבורית, אבל בהחלט יש עבודה. עם זאת, קשה לומר שהמצב הוא "עסקים כרגיל", ולדוגמה במקינזי לונדון גייסו בשנה שעברה פחות ממחצית בוגרי ה-MBA שגייסו בממוצע בשנים האחרונות. לא זו אף זו, התחרות מצד מבקשי העבודה מאוד אינטנסיבית, שכן המון סטודנטים בתכניות MBA שחלמו על עבודה בפיננסים שינו פוקוס לכיוון הייעוץ האטסטרגי (והבנקאים לשעבר "פולשים" גם לתעשייה זו בזכות הנסיון המקצועי ויכולות ה-Excel וה-Powerpoint המושחזות שלהם).

ממה שאני שומע מחברים שעושים עכשיו MBA, כמות החברות שמגיעות לקמפוס אולי לא ירדה, אבל כמות המשרות שהן מציעות בהחלט ירדה, ויש אפילו חברות שמגיעות מבלי להציע ולו משרה אחת. בוגרים רבים מקבלים מיילים מבוהלים מהדיקנים בבתיה"ס שבהם למדו בבקשה לגרד כמה הצעות עבודה עבור הסטודנטים הנוכחיים, וכבר שמעתי על כמה מפגשים עם יועצי תעסוקה שהפצירו בסטודנטים לגשש כבר עכשיו אצל המעסיק הקודם שלהם, ושהנחו אותם לחפש עבודות שמתאימות לרקע התעסוקתי הקודם שלהם, מבלי לשים דגש רב מדי על ה-MBA כי "באקלים הנוכחי יש לו פחות ערך".

הנתונים ההיסטוריים של מרבית תכניות ה-MBA מדברים על כך שמעל 90% בממוצע מהבוגרים קיבלו לפחות הצעת עבודה אחת תוך 3 חודשים מסיום התואר. עוד אין לי נתונים מבוססים לגבי השנה האחרונה, אבל ההערכה שלי היא שהשיעור הנ"ל עומד על כ-75-80%, ושהוא עלול לרדת עוד יותר עבור בוגרי השנה הקרובה. זה לא נשמע כ"כ נורא, אבל לאלה מכם שמריצים תרחישי תזרים מזומנים עבור "פרוייקט ה-MBA" זה עלול להיות משמעותי, וגם צריך לזכור שזה כולל הצעות עבודה שלא בהכרח החזיקו מעמד, וכן בוגרים שבחרו לוותר (לפחות זמנית) על ג'וב חלומותיהם ולחזור לכור מחצבתם (לטוב ולרע). בכל אופן, יהיה מעניין להשוות את נתוני השנה הנוכחית והשנה הבאה עם נתוני ההשמה של בתיה"ס המובילים בשנים 2001-2003, עת משבר ההיי-טק היה בשיאו…

המלצתי האישית לסטודנטים הנוכחיים בהינתן כל הנ"ל: להשקיע את מירב הזמן והמאמצים בתהליך חיפוש העבודה ולשקול מחדש את תכניות הקריירה שלאחר ה-MBA. המצב הנוכחי אינו מזהיר פנים לאנשים שמבקשים לעשות שינוי דרסטי בקריירה, ועדיף לחפש תפקידים בתחום העיסוק הקודם, ואולי אפילו לגשש בארץ כבר עכשיו במקום לשמור את האופציה של חזרה לארץ מייד אחרי התואר על אש קטנה.

הלוואי שהיו לי דברים יותר אופטימיים להגיד, אבל לצערי זהו המצב הנוכחי. מה שכן, אני בכל זאת מאוד אופטימי מאוד לגבי התשואה על ההשקעה ב-MBA בחו"ל (מעבר לטווח המיידי). התחזית הנפוצה ביותר היא שנתחיל להראות סימני התאוששות החל מהמחצית השניה של 2009, כך שלדעתי ההשפעה העיקרית של המשבר הנוכחי תהיה על בוגרי השנה שעברה ובוגרי השנה הנוכחית, ולא על אלה מכם שעדיין נמצאים בשלב האפליקיישן.

בהצלחה לכולנו!

Zahi
    חבר

שלום,

תשאיר את המייל. . .ננסה לסייע .

צחי

MBAwannabe2010
    חבר

[email protected]

thanks…

sneed1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

איפוני,

אם אני חושב להתחיל ללמוד בעוד כשנה בטופ-10, עד כמה לדעתך המשבר הכלכלי אמור להשפיע על ההחלטה שלי?

ומה אם אני חושב להתחיל בעוד כשנתיים, בספטמבר 2010?

מה אתה שומע בעניין בשוק העבודה?

תודה….

עומר

epony
    חבר

To: sneed1

עומר,

אני לא מתיימר לדעת יותר מכל אחד אחר לגבי השפעת המשבר הכלכלי בטווח הארוך.

מה שאני שומע וקורא מכל מיני מקורות (פרטיים וציבוריים), עושה רושם שהשפל יהיה בחודשים הקרובים, ושנזכה לראות את תחילתה של ההתאוששות בחצי השני של 2009. כרגע, שוק העבודה בעייתי (בלשון המעטה), וכפי שכתבתי כבר, יש יחסית יותר מבקשי עבודה מוכשרים (ע"ע בנקאי השקעות לשעבר), ויחסית פחות מקומות עבודה (כי הרבה חברות דבר ראשון עוצרות גיוסים עד יעבור זעם).

אי לכך, החלטתך להתחיל ללמוד בעוד כשנה צריכה על פניו להיות חופשייה משיקולים מאקרו-כלכליים, כאשר ההשפעה השלילית היחידה תהיה שזו כנראה תהיה שנת שיא על הגשות לכל בתיה"ס המובילים למנע"ס… אני לא יודע אם זו סיבה מספיק טובה לדחות את האפליקיישן בשנה, אבל אולי גילעם יוכל לתרום את שני הסנט שלו לסוגייה.

בהצלחה!

Zahi
    חבר

To: sneed1, epony

שלום עומר,

אני חושב, שהחלטה כזו היא החלטה, שצריך לבחון אותה לטווח ארוך

בהחלט ייתכן שהתקופה הנוכחית היא קשה לבוגרים, שמחפשים עבודה

אבל התואר הזה הוא באמת השקעה לכל החיים ולכן לדעתי צריך לבחון אותה ככזו

גם אם נניח שבעוד שנתיים המצב עדיין יהיה קשה, לפחות תוכל לעשות שינוי קטן בשלב הראשון

ולממש את שאיפותך בעוד מישורים -שינוי גאוגרפי / שינוי תחום וכו'….

צחי

maayanpi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

I thought this might interest the general forum as well:
    Hi all,
    I wanted to share with you a link to the keynote panel from Chicago Booth’s annual Management Conference we had last week.
    To give some background to the discussion – The University of Chicago has been (and still is) instrumental in shaping the free market economical theory, with the most Nobel prize for economy Laureates and groundbreaking ideas. As such, many eyes are now looking upon the Booth faculty to explain what some call ‘a market failure’ (or is it? Answers in the discussion).
    While Milton Friedman’s argument that any government intervention in economy will be detrimental still dominates our school, we see the US government taking control over AIG and GM.
    So which is the better approach – the European model of capitalism, or the US model? Did the free-market really fail? What is the future of markets in the light of what happened and the increased government intervention?
    The Chicago Booth Faculty – a novel Laureate, a former chief economist at the International Monetary Fund, the first business school professor awarded a “genius grant”, and others are trying to answer that.
    To us these were fascinating two hours; aside the intellectual gains, to some of you applicants it could give a better understanding of Booth and maybe some ideas for your essays and interviews… J
    Enjoy!
    face=Calibri color=#800080 http://webcast.streamlogics.com/audience/index.asp?eventid=37430971

Avi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 41

I don't think there is a "right" answer. We can see the crisis all over the world (US, Europe, it doesn't matter…)
    gil7
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 15

אכן, זו תקופה קשה מכל הבחינות, אפשר רק לקוות שמי שמתחיל ללמוד בשנה-שנתיים הקרובות יצא מהלימודים אל "עולם חדש", ויוכל להפיק תועלת אמיתית מהתואר שלו.
    maayanpi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

To: Avi

Avi, the fact the different economies were affected by the downturn does not contradict the argument that one economy is better organized to achieve social goals that another. Now, the real argument in my opinion, is – are there "right" goals? That, I think, is a philosophical debate.

If you are interested in the subject I encourage you to watch the video from the management conference. Among other things, you can hear Garry Becker, a novel laureate, compares data from US and Europe on economic growth, unemployment and other metrics for economic prosperity.

shulapa
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

To: gil7

אני מסכים עם הגישה שלך

יתכן שדווקא בגלל המשבר זו תקופה אופטימלית ללמוד. לרובנו המשכורת נפגעה בדרך זו או אחרת שלא נדבר על פיטורין ולכן במידה מסוימת מפסידים פחות מאשר בתקופת שגשוג בהיבט איבוד משכורת בתקופת הלימודים.

בנוסף, אם נסתכל על ההיסטוריה בעיקר תחילת שנות ה2000, נראה שאחרי שנות מיתון לרוב באה תקופת שגשוג שבה אפשר להשיג עבודה עם תנאים טובים יותר מאשר לפני המיתון. התקווה של כולנו זה לסיים את הלימודים בדיוק בתקופה שמעסיקים יחליטו לתגבר מחדש את כוח האדם שפיטרו

Gili_Kellogg
    חבר

Kellogg Admissions Information Session in Tel-Aviv Sep 13th 2009

We cordially invite you to attend
    a Kellogg Information Session in Tel Aviv, Israel.

Beth Flye, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, and Kellogg Alumni will present on
    the full-time MBA programs offered through the Kellogg School of Management.

Sunday, September 13, 2009
    6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
    Lexus Israel
    8 Hasadnaot Street
    Herzeliya-Pituach

Dear Israeli propspective MBA students,

We are happy to update that the Director of Admissions Ms. Beth Flye is personally coming to Israel to present the Kellogg School of Management MBA program to perspective Israeli students. It is a unique opportunity for you to meet the head of Kellogg’s admission and learn about the program. Kellogg Israeli Alumni and current students will also attend the event and will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Space is limited, please RSVP.

http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Programs/FullTimeMBA/Admissions_events/Off_Campus_events/eventItem.aspx?eventid=419

hkh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

למישהו יש המלצה לגבי עו"ד בתחום הויזות לארהב?

תודה!

gileyal
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 279

nאד ממליץ על ארין גרין מאן-תור עכו:

http://www.ktalegal.com/he/

QS MBA Fair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Hi all,

I just wanted to remind you:

The QS World MBA Tour, the world’s leading series of career and education events for aspiring MBAs, returns to Tel Aviv this October, building on the great success of recent events. The event itself will give prospective MBA candidates a fantastic opportunity to meet face-to-face with admissions officers from the world’s leading business schools.

Who? The world’s top business schools will be there, including UCLE, Duke, Toronto-Rotman, HEC Paris, IE Business School, Manchester, INSEAD and many more.
    When? Sunday 4th October 2009, 5pm-9pm
    Where? Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel & Towers, 115 Hayarkon Street, Tel Aviv.
    Why? It is the best chance for candidates to meet with and ask questions to the Admissions Directors of leading international business schools.
    How? Free online & 10 NIS on the day.

The QS World MBA Tour offers US$1.6million worth of exclusive scholarships during the Fall 2009 season. The scholarships, for top business schools including Wharton, Chicago and Cass, are available only to attendees of the fair.

Candidates can secure their place at Tel Aviv’s QS World MBA Tour by registering online at: http://www.topmba.com

For more information please contact:

Mihir Patel
    [email protected]

alon10
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

אהלן,

יש לי שאלה שבטח רבים מכם יוכלו לעזור מנסיונם האישי, אוניברסיטאות שואלות באפליקייישן האם אני מגיש מועמדות באוניברסיטאות נוספות, מה כדאי לענות במצב כזה? להסתיר את העובדה שאני מחפש במקומות אחרים או שאין בעיה לומר שאני בודק מקומות נוספים וזה לא יגרום לאוניברסיטה לחשוב שאני לא מספיק מעוניין ללמוד בה, והאם בכלל יש להם דרך לבדוק את אמיתות התשובה שאני נותן להם?

תודה מראש,

אלון.

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 151 עד 200 (מתוך 218 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.