Home פורומים Admissions Chat system forum ASK GMAX: GMAT

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 86 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • GMAX
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 41

GMAX, the sponsor of the IIMBA, is the test-preparation center best known for its high number of successful MBA students.
    GMAX is here in the forum for one purpose only – to help you do your best on the tests. This forum has been opened to answer any questions you may have about the GMAT, the TOEFL and the analytical writing assessment on the test.

GMAX
    חבר

לאחר ביטולים, נשארו מס' מקומות ספורים בכנס ה – MBA שיתקיים ביום ראשון, ה- 31/08/03 ב – GMAX בשעה 17:00 בדיוק. האוניברסיטאות המשתתפות:

HARVARD, STANFORD, LBS, WHARTON, INSEAD, CORNELL, KELLOGG-RECANATI/HTMS.

נא ליצור קשר עם תמר ביום ראשון בבוקר.

iddo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

שלום לכולם,

אני שוקל להתחיל קורס gmat. האם יש הצדקה לכך?

אצל איזו חברה מומלץ לעשות את הקורס?

בתודה מראש, עידו

eshinar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

In reply to iddo from October 29 2003

עידו,

למען האמת אני רוצה להעמיד כמה דברים על דיוקם:

1.אני לא יודע מאיפה GMAX לוקחים את הסטטיסטיקות שלהם אבל אני מכיר אישית מישהו שלמד שם בטווח הזמן שעליו הם מדווחים והוציא 540. מיותר לציין שהוא לא ממליץ על GMAX.

2. אני התחלתי בשנה שעברה קורס ב GMAX ועזבתי באמצע כי לא הייתי מרוצה (לשם הצדק וההגינות יש להוסיף שגם הייתי מאוד עסוק).

3. השנה לקחתי (מההתחלה עד הסוף) קורס GMAT בקידום. במקרה שלי לפחות, המדריכה של החלק הכמותי הייתה מתחת לכל ביקורת (לא ש GMAX היו כל כך טובים – להיפך הלימוד באנגלית מסרבל שלא לצורך).

4. המדריכה המילולית (אנגלית) הייתה מעולה (תמי ניניו).

5. ציון סופי: 740.

6. יש לציין שהתרומה המשמעותית היחידה של הקורס הייתה מעט באנגלית(תיקון משפטים) ובעיקר בכתיבת החיבורים.

7. המלצותיי: אם אתה מסוגל ללמוד לבד ולהבין לבד אל תקח קורס – בזבוז זמן וכסף.

אם אתה מרגיש צורך פסיכולוגי לקחת קורס שיסדיר לך את המסגרת – קח קורס בקידום.

eliziskind
    חבר

hi, i m planning on applying for mba in one of the top business schools in the usa i would like to ask two q's :

1. for how long is the gmat score valid ? suppose i take the test on march 2004, would it be good for the 2005 / 2006 registry ?

2. what is the average gmat score for foreign students in the 10 top schools ?

thank you and i wish you a happy new year .

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

Hi,

1) The GMAT is Valid for 5 years.

2) ~ 700

yuvala
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

hi, i m planning on applying for mba in one of the top business schools in the usa i would like to ask two q's :

1. for how long is the gmat score valid ? suppose i take the test on march 2004, would it be good for the 2005 / 2006 registry ?

the Gmat is good for 5 calenderic years,. you will be able to use until the 2008 fall. The Toefl is only good for 2 years, but then again it less of an issue

2. what is the average gmat score for foreign students in the 10 top schools ?

You should aim for the area of the 700+. This doesn't mean you can't get in with less (though 650 is almost minimum), but it depends a lot on your profile, and on the school.

Good luck

jenia_g
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hello.

I Have several questions:

1)what is mba?

2)can a HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT BE ECCEPTED

veredshefler
    חבר

Anybody has the updated phone # for registering to the GMAT?

Sharoni
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

In reply to veredshefler from February 09 2004 on 13:26

If you mean the RRC phone #,

+31-320239540 (I hope it's not the old one)

romar
    חבר

האם יש רשימה של מורים (באופן פרטי) לחלק הכמותי

omri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 66

In reply to romar from February 16 2004 on 11:53

אני חושב שגם לגימאקס וגם לפרינסטון יש מורים שמלמדים אחד על אחד +קורסים

רק לכמותי

אני אישית חושב שאם מדובר בחלק הכמותי יכול להיות שאשפשר בלי מדריך, רק מספרים אבל זה באמת תלוי ברמה שבה אתה מתחיל

נסה את הספר של קפלן

עומר

msarfaty
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

אני עשיתי קורס בקידום ואני מאד מרוצה.

כמו שמישהו כבר אמר פה – כל הספרים והתוכנות חדשים וכלולים במחיר, ככה שאפשר להתקין אותם על כמה מחשבים שאתה רוצה (בית, עבודה, laptop …). המדריכים ברמה גבוהה וגם קשובים מאד לתלמידים.

אני לא יודע איך זה בסניפים אחרים של קידום אבל בסניף שבעזריאלי יש חדר מחשבים שבו עושים את כל מבחני המתכונת וגם אפשר לבוא מחוץ לשעות הקורס ולתרגל לבד.

dz108
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 52

In reply to YouKnoWho from March 01 2004 on 14:46

אני בכלל בעד לימוד עצמי, עברתי על ספרים לבד (ETS, קפלן ועוד כמה – לפי התכניות שמוטוות בספרים עצמם), הוצאתי ציון גבוה (קרי – מעל הממוצע של ביה"ס להם הגשתי); ולפי שתצעקו שאני בטח מאלה שהכל הולך להם בקלות – אז אני יכול להרגיע אתכם. בהתחלה לא הצלחתי במבחני הדוגמא, ועם הזמן ראיתי שיפור.

כנ"ל ב-TOFEL.

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

In reply to נסים from March 01 2004 on 14:12

בתור בוגרת קידום ו- GMAX, אני רק יכולה להגיד שב GMAX היחס הכי חם שתמצאו, אבל… האיכות (והתוצאות בהתאם) … רק מקידום.

נסים
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

In reply to dalit from March 01 2004 on 15:43

דלית,

אני שמח לדעת שקיבלת ציון טוב
    מספיק ל IESE אני מקווה.

dalit
    חבר

In reply to נסים from March 01 2004 on 16:14

נו… הבנת לא ממש נכון…

אבל חפיף… לא נורא

visum
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

שלום לכל המכובדים! מישהו יודע אם יש קורסי הכנה לבחינה, כמה זה עולה וכמה זמן לוקח? תודה מראש לכל המגיבים

dalit
    חבר

In reply to visum from March 10 2004 on 19:35

תתקשר לבתי הספר ותבדוק…

קידום GMAX הי קיו…

omri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 66

In reply to visum from March 10 2004 on 19:35

חשוב שתלך לשיעור לדוגמה

אני הלכתי לפרינסטון רויויו ולקידום לבדוק ולהתרשם אישית

לא כדא לפספס בקטע של ה GMAT כי למרות מה שאומרים פה ושם

avivi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

To: All

הי לכולם, מישהו שמע על או עשה קורס של high Q?

אשמח לקבל מידע בהקדם כיוון שעליי לקבל החלטה עוד היום!

dalit
    חבר

To: avivi

אני יכולה להמליץ בחום על הקורס של קידום!!!

לינור
    חבר

To: lolo

how much does a course in GMAT cost?

helimi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

To: GMAX

למכירה!!!

ספרים להכנה לבחינת ה gmat

לפרטים ניתן לפנות ל [email protected]

eyam
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 47

For Sale

Kaplan GMAT 2003 Book + CD In excellent shape. I will throw in GMAT programs.

Location – center and Jerusalem

Eyal – [email protected]

Eldad
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

מישהו יודע מהם הספרים המומלצים ללימוד לGRE?

טיפים בתחום יתקבלו בברכה.

llbnasser
    חבר

Hi everyone.

i am a lawyer with israeli license, what should i do to receive a british license.

thanx.

edir123
    חבר

To: llbnasser

הבנתי שgmax מתמחה גם בsat ובכל מה שקשור לתואר ראשון באחת האוניברסיטאות המובילות, מותר לי לשאול שאלות שקשורות לתואר הראשון בארה"ב או שהפורום נועד רק ללימודי מנהל עסקים לתואר שני(השאלות שלי הן בקשר לתואר ראשון במנהל עסקים בוורטון)?

GMAX
    חבר

HI Everyone,

My name is Karen. I am a grammar teacher at GMAX (Israel). I will be happy to answer any questions you have on the Sentence Correction section of the GMAT.

I will also be posting Sentence Correction challenge questions (real GMAT questions that are not available in the OG10) – so give a try! Don't forget to post your answer and explanation. I will respond with the correct answer and full explanation.

Here is your first challenge……. (Answers to be posted on Friday October 22, 2004).

Can any of you solve this?

Byron possessed powers of observation that would have made him a great anthropologist and that makes his letters as a group the rival of the best novels of the time.

a) makes his letters as a group the rival of

b) makes his letters as a group one to rival

c) makes his letters a group of rivaling

d) make his letters as a group the rival of

e) make his letters a group which is the rival of

GOOD LUCK!!!!

shaill
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

I think D is the correct answer

Powers of observation : X of Y , the subject is X and is plural so, make is needed , A B C are eliminated and we are left with D and E

The powers of observation alone can not make the letters a group as E states.

so only D is left and it looks correct

asafp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

I think the correct answer is D.

The reason for this selection is the beining of the sentence which must begin with "MAKE".

If we dilute the sentence to:

Byron possessed powers "….." that make his letters…..

Not "powers that makes…."

GMAX
    חבר

RE: Last week's challenge.

Good job! (for those of you that attempted to solve last week's challenge question for sentence completion)!!

The correct answer to last week's challenge was D. Let's go over the question, answers and explanation.

Answers A, B, and C contain a subject-verb agreement error (this) is the most common mistake on the GMAT. The plural subject "powers" agrees with the verb "make" (not "makes). Therefore, we can eliminate the first three solutions. Answers D and E both fix the subject-verb agreeement error we see in the original. Answer E, however, has another mistake; it says: "Byron possessed powers….that make his letters a group which is the rival of…". This sentence says that Byron's powers made the letters a group (which changes the meaning of the original, which is comparing his letters "as group" to the greatest novels of all time). Answer E, correctly says "his letters as a group", meaning: as a group, his letters are the rival of the greatest novels of all time. D is the best choice.

GMAX
    חבר

FRIDAY'S SENTENCE CORRECTION CHALLENGE

Can any of you solve this challenge??

(Anwer and explanation to be posted on Monday)

It is not likely that the competitive imbalance that now exists between Japan with all major industrial nations will be redressed during the foreseeable future.

a) with all major industrial nations will be redressed during

b) with all other major industrial will be redressed within

c)with all other major industrial nations will be redressed during

d) and all major industrial nations will be redressed during

e) and all other major industrial nations will be redressed within

GOOD LUCK!!!! Please post your answers and explanations!

porata
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 50

Hi,

I think the answer is E.

1. When using "between" it is used as "between A and B…."

2. The usage of "……within the foreseeable future" is a correct phrase.

hope I am correct.

good day…

GMAX
    חבר

RE: TOEFL BOOK

Someone wrote asking about a TOEFL book. We recommend the Barron's book for grammar and the Heinle & Heinle book essays and listening. We also offer TOEFL courses and private lessons at GMAX (1-700-702-102). When you register the GMAX program, you receive these books for the course of your study. In addition, you can access our computer lab and other materials that are exclusive to GMAX. We can also answer your TOEFL question on this forum.

GOOD LUCK!

GMAX
    חבר

To: porata

Re: Friday's challenge.

GOOD JOB! Answer D is correct but it is important to understand the reasons why:

Answer E clearly says "other industrialized nations", indicating that Japan is also an industrialized nation.

Also, "within the foreseeable future" is idomatic (i.e. within the near future). "During" implies a different meaning (2 actions happening at the same time).

GMAX
    חבר

Here is a new challenge Question:

The colorization of black and white films by computers is defended by those who own the film rights, for the process can mean increased revenues for them; many others in the film industry, however, contend that the technique degrades major works of art, which they liken to putting lipstick on a Greek statue.

a) same as the original

b) which they liken to a Greek statue.

c)which they liken to lipstick put on a Greek statue.

d) likening it to a Greek statue with lipstick on it.

e) likening it to putting lipstick on a Greek statue.

GOOD LUCK!

GMAX
    חבר

Here is the answer to the last challenge question….

The Answer is E.

We can eliminate answers A, B, &C because the relative pronoun "which" incorrectly refers to the "works of art". Therefore, A compares "works of art" to "putting on lipstick", B compares "works of art" to a Greek statue, and C compares "works of art" to lipstick.

***TIP: a good way to eliminate answer choices is to check whether "which" correctly refers to the noun/noun phrase immediately before it. (it is a quick and easy technique)

This sentence is comparing the technique of colorization to the act of putting on lipstick. Answer D corrects the problem with "which" but illogically compares "the technique" to a Greek statue. Only Answer E makes a logical comparison.

More challenge questions to come…..

HAPPY STUDYING

GMAX
    חבר

NEW CHALLENGE QUESTION: Give it a try. Don't be shy – post your answers.

In the human female, an entire lifetime's supply of egg cells are produced during fetal development and remain dormant until puberty, where-upon one egg is activated each month.

a) are produced during fetal development and remain

b) are produced while the fetus develops, and these cells remain

c) are produced during fetal development; they remain

d) is produced during fetal development, and these cells remain

e)is produced while the fetus develops and remains

GOOD LUCK!!

Hadarly
    חבר

the answer is e…?

GMAX
    חבר

Good Effort! Answer E is close but the correct solution to last week's challenge is answer D.

Solutions A, B, & C cotain a subject verb agreement error. The subject "a lifetime's supply" is singular and agrees with the verb "are". Both answers D & E correct the subject-verb agreement error (so E was not a bad choice).

So what is the difference between answers D & E? Answer D is ambiguous; it is not 100% clear what "remians" – the fetus or the egg cells. Answer E clears up this ambiguity by stating "these cells".

Many students pick answer D because of the comma before the word "and" in answer E. I often advise students that it may not be wise to eliminate answer choices because of a comma (as this is usually not the mistake). However, for the purposes of S-V agreement, using the commas to eliminate extra information can be very useful!

GOOD LUCK!

GMAX
    חבר

Here is this week's challenge question. Don't be shy. Give it a try and post your answers.

The first balloon passengers were a sheep, a duck, and a rooster that were ascended from Versailles, France in a basket beneath a hot air balloon in September 1783.

a) (same as above.)

b) The first balloon passengers were a sheep, a duck, and a rooster that ascended

c)A sheep, a duck, and a rooster were the first balloon passengers that ascended

d) A sheep, a duck, and a rooster that were the first balloon passengers to ascend

e) A sheep, a duck, and a rooster were the first passengers ascending

GMAX
    חבר

Come on – don't be shy! Try the challenge question above. Post your answers!!!!!!

I'll be back in a few days to discuss the solution and to post a new challenge quesiton.

Karen

אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

I'm going with B…………….

GMAX
    חבר

Great, answer B is correct. It keeps the same subject as the original and correctly uses "ascend". Ascend literally means "to go up". Therefore, the animals cannot be ascended (as implied in answer A). The other choices change the meaning of the sentence and answer E uses the participle incorrectly.

Good work!

GMAX
    חבר

Here is this week's challenge question: Please give it a try and post your answers. This is your chance to practice REAL GMAT questions that are not published in the OG10.

Good Luck!

Helen's mother was recovering at the hospital when she suffered a second fatal heart attack.

a) same as above

b) but then suffered a second fatal heart attack.

c) when she suffered a second and fatal heart attack.

d) and then suffered a second fatal heart attack.

e) when a second fatal attack was suffered.

GOOD LUCK,

Karen

embiej
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

Is Helen's mother a cat?

shoshy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 141

Still havent done the GMAT (soon, I hope)…

I'll say that my guess would be C

(If the first heart attack was also fatal, then there wouldnt be a second one)…

GMAX
    חבר

To: embiej

Very clever. That's exactly the point!

Karen

GMAX
    חבר

Great. The answer is C.

The word "fatal" means "deadly. Accordingly, Helen's mother could not have had two fatal heart attacks (unless she was a cat).

Logical error: All the other solutions state that Helen's mother had two fatal heat attacks.

Karen

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 86 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.