מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 167 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • gal523
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 40

To: maayanpi

שלום לכולם,

מספר שאלות אודות המלגות שניתנות לישראלים ב chicago booth:

1. האם בכל מחזור ניתנות אכן 2-3 מלגות מלאות לישראלים, או שמא אם במחזור מסויים מנהלי המלגה החליטו שאין 3 ישראלים שזכאים לה, יכול להיות מצב שהמלגות לא יינתנו?

2. שמעתי שמועה לא רשמית , שנותנים עדיפות במתן המלגות למועמדים בעלי רקע צבאי ממשלתי – האם מישהו שמע על זה משהו ויכול לחוות על זה דעה?

3. בפרט , מה להערכתכם הקריטריונים העיקריים לקבלת המלגה, האם זה פשוט חוזק המועמד?

תודה,

גל

אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

To: gal523

Hi Gal,

Chicago Booth has been adamant about strengthening its Israeli base in the last few years; therefore, it has been offering a variety of scholarships to high quality Israeli candidates whom it wishes to lure in. Among these scholarships/ fellowships is the Carlton Fellowship – to which I imagine you're referring. The Carlton Fellowship details (as presented in the website) are:

The Dennis W. and Jane B. Carlton Fellowship – Up to three endowed fellowships are available annually to encourage participation in our MBA program by students from Israel, particularly those who have served in the Israeli military. The fellowship offers full tuition for two years and a $15,000 stipend each year. The fellowship includes mentoring and professional development by business leaders in the Chicago area facilitated by the Jewish United Federation. Those accepting this fellowship are expected to reside in Israel within 5 years of graduation.

As for your specific questions:

1. The fellowship committee is not obligated to award the fellowship every year. If it does not recognize candidates who meet its high criteria it may not grant all or part of the fellowships. On the flip side, it can decide to grant more than 3 fellowships if it feels that it is warranted. For instance, in my year, 4 Carlton Fellowships were awarded.

2. Yes – as you can see from the fellowship details above – military experience is one criterion. This doesn’t mean that someone with a strong military background will receive the fellowship above someone who has a less impressive military background. However, it is definitely a plus. I can tell you that almost all of the previous recipients are officers (reserves), some of whom did more than 5 years active duty.

3. The criteria for the fellowship is mainly the strength of the candidate. This includes work experience, leadership experience (e.g., military), academic record (undergraduate + GMAT), etc. As opposed to general admissions, there is less (close to zero) concern with diversity. The fellowship committee cares less that some recipients share the same profile for example.

Note that Israelis have also been nominated for and received several other fellowships besides the Carlton in the last couple of years(such as the Kilts Marketing Fellowship and the Harper Fellowship). For the complete list of fellowships follow the link bellow:

color=#800080 http://www.chicagogsb.edu/fulltime/admissions/scholarships/gsb-fellowships.aspx

I hope I answered your questions. Good luck!

Eyal

gal523
    חבר

To: All

Eyal,
    thank you very very much for the clear and detailed response. a few more follow up questions if possible. To your knowledge, did the recipients of the Carlton fellowship mainly declare their goals to be coming back to the Israeli Military/ Government? did the recipients that have a strong military background have a "kravi" background, or do you assess a military background which isnt kravi to be as significant?

Thank you very much in advance,
    Gal 

אייל
    חבר

Gal,

Of the Carlton Fellows, I think that maybe one person declared an interest in doing defense work after B-School (I'm not 100% sure). Also, of the recipients with "strong" military background – some are from combatant background (i.e. Kravi) and some are from intelligence background (e.g., 8200).

Again, I wouldn't want to bring across the impression that a person with a stronger military background will automatically get preference over one with a less impressive background. Military experience is one criterion. For instance, there are a couple of Israeli students in Chicago with VERY impressive military records (arguably more impressive than all of the prior recipients) that didn't get the fellowship.

I hope this helps.

Eyal

goldberg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

הי,

אני מתלבט האם להגיש application ל 2010, כשהדילמה שלי קשורה לסטטוס המשפחתי שלי – נשוי+ 2, ולגילי ה"מופלג" – אהיה בן 34 שהתכנית תתחיל.

אנ מעריך שסיכויי הקבלה שלי די גבוהים (ניסיון תעסוקתי וניהולי משמעותי, ציון GMAT גבוה וליווי של aringo), אך חשוב לי מאוד לשוחח עם מישהו בסטטוס דומה שלומד או למד לאחרונה ב Kellogg לפני שאני מתקדם.

אשמח אם מישהו מכם יוכל להפנות אותי לגורם כזה.

תודה.

gileyal
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 279

הי גולדברג,

אני מציע שתעיין קצת אחורה בת'רד של שיקגו יש דיון די סוער לגבי MBA בגילאים יותר מבוגרים מהממוצע. אני חושב שתמצא שככל שאתה מבוגר מגיל 30, כך יהיה לך קשה יותר להתקבל לתוכניות המובילות מסיבות סטטיסטיות בין השאר – פחות מתקבלים בגילאים האלה.

עם זאת, זה בהחלט אפשרי ואני התקבלתי חרף העובדה שאהיה בן 32 במועד תחילת הלימודים. אני בטוח שהחבר'ה בארינגו יכוונו אותך ויסייעו לך בנושא סיכויי הקבלה לכל תוכנית ותוכנית.

לגבי נסיעה על ילדים – קח בחשבון שהדבר טומן בחובו עלויות גדולות משמעותית. ישנם בפורום כמה חבר'ה שישמחו לפרט על החוויות שעברו.

בהצלחה!

gal523
    חבר

To: gileyal

Hello everyone,

I am planning on being in Chicago around early – mid June, Is there a point in visiting the university then? will there be any Israeli students still around during that time period?

thank you very much in advance,

Gal

אייל
    חבר

Hi Gal,

School is out in early June. Some of the Israelis might be around (I will) and you could still check out the school facilities and the city. It would be better if you visit earlier (in May) or later (end of September) but it wouldn't be a total waste of time. Let me know when you intend to come – I'll make sure you meet the Israeli gang here at Booth. (my email is [email protected])

Eyal

אייל
    חבר

goldberg,

אני לא יודע אם ההודעה שלך מכוונת לסטונדטים בשיקאגו כי כתבת Kellogg – אנחנו Booth. אם ההודעה אכן מכוונת אלינו – שלח לי מייל ואני אפנה אותך לסטודנטים בסטטוס כפי שתיארת. המייל שלי: [email protected]

אייל

feigin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 27

Hey guys
    I am now in the process of trying to figure out to which schools I want to apply. I am currently employed in the hi-tech industry and my goal is to return to this industry after the MBA. Do you think Chicago Booth will help me reach this goal?

Thanks in advance,
    Eli.
    אייל
    חבר

To: feigin

Hi Eli,

Most of the universities on your profile list (at least in the US – where I have knowledge) will open doors to employers in the high-tech field. Schools at which a relatively high percentage of the student body goes to tech are Stanford, Berkeley and MIT. However, all Top 10 schools offer good opportunities in tech. The general rule applies here as well – higher ranked schools (even if they're not tech focused) will provide better opportunities. Without throwing any mud: it's pretty safe to say that Wharton (considered a finance school) will usually provide you better opportunities than Texas or CMU (which are considered tech focused). Please note a few issues: 1. several tech companies do not hire international students 2. the opportunities for tech are usually: product management/marketing, sales, operations and (rarely) business/corporate development. An MBA abroad should probably not be your goal if you'd like to advance in R&D. 3. the extent to which you will succeed in tech recruiting depends more on your background than the particular school you will be attending.

As for Chicago: there's a good number of people going to tech (Google, Cisco, MSFT, Apple, Intel, etc). As a top 5/10 school (you can decide for yourself the true rank), it attracts a decent amount of tech recruiters. Is it a tech center like Stanford? No. Can you get from Chicago to tech? Absolutely! In regular economic times, it's actually pretty easy, especially if you have a relevant background.

A final word – tech recruiting has definitely gone down this year at all schools (as can be expected with the economy). With over 10% unemployment in the silicon valley, companies are trying to keep above water. MBA's are one of the first to go…

Hope this helps,

Eyal

feigin
    חבר

To: אייל

Hey Eyal,

Thanks for the comprehensive answer! it really helps.

Eli

feigin
    חבר

To: אייל

Hey Eyal,

Thanks for the comprehensive answer! it really helps.

Eli

gal523
    חבר

To: feigin

Hey..

I'm applying to the 2010 class – I am planning on visiting Booth next week (either the 12h ,13th or 14th) – will you guys be available to meet during these dates?

thanks,

Gal

[email protected]

arielt
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 15

Welcome to Chicago!
    Sent you an email.
    pellegam
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 20

שלום,

אנו קבוצה של סטודנטים בחו"ל שעושים מחקר קצר על שימוש בשירותים מקצועיים בתהליך הקבלה. מאד נודה על עזרה במילוי שאלון קצר ביותר :
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=cDBCWnNrOE5tMi1admg3Z0VpYV9EVXc6MA..

תודה ובהצלחה בתהליך

maayanpi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

To: pellegam

Hi all,
    I wanted to share with you a link to the keynote panel from Chicago Booth’s annual Management Conference we had last week.
    To give some background to the discussion – The University of Chicago has been (and still is) instrumental in shaping the free market economical theory, with the most Nobel prize for economy Laureates and groundbreaking ideas. As such, many eyes are now looking upon the Booth faculty to explain what some call ‘a market failure’ (or is it? Answers in the discussion).
    While Milton Friedman’s argument that any government intervention in economy will be detrimental still dominates our school, we see the US government taking control over AIG and GM.
    So which is a better approach – the European model of capitalism, or the US model? Did the free-market really fail? What is the future of markets in the light of what happened and the increased government intervention?
    The Chicago Booth Faculty – a novel Laureate, a former chief economist at the International Monetary Fund, the first business school professor awarded a “genius grant”, and others are trying to answer that.
    To us these were fascinating two hours; aside the intellectual gains, to some of you applicants it could give a better understanding of Booth and maybe some ideas for your essays and interviews… J
    Enjoy!
    face=Calibri color=#800080 http://webcast.streamlogics.com/audience/index.asp?eventid=37430971
    gili4u
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 78

I loved the discussion they had during the Management Conference, but don't get why they pretend to be all serious and academic all the time. Here's Prof. Erik Hurst (economist) and Dean Snyder caught on tape a few weeks ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozl_POXJvVo#t=0m11s

G.

Disclaimer – I'm just kiddin'..

gili4u
    חבר

Friends,

We have settled in to our internships and already looking forward to meeting the new class arriving to Chicago next month!

Continuing our tradition, I'd like to share with you some internship information. As usual, the Israelis rocked, despite a particularly challenging year. Among the 12 students recruiting for internships, everyone had received one or multiple offers in a diverse set of industries. Some of the firms extending offers to Israelis this year: Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, Citi (Finance – Investment Banking), Alcatel-Lucent Ventures (Finance – Venture Capital), McKinsey, BCG, Bain (Management Consulting), Abbott (Healthcare), Apple, VMware (Technology), Whirlpool (Electronic Appliances), Dow Chemical (Chemicals). In addition, we have accepted positions across the US, including the east coast, midwest and the west coast.

For you this means that most likely one of us can share an experience that is relevant to your dream path and as always I encourage you to reach out with questions. We are here to help. For some of us, the summer time is a convenient time to speak with you, since school is on break (does not apply to bankers, pls leave them alone :)

Best,

Gil.

danutz
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

Hi,
    I'm currently working on my application for Booth, and I'd really appreciate some assistance. It would be great if any of you guys could give me his or her mail so I could send you a question or two…

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

maayanpi
    חבר

To: danutz

Daniel, I will be more than happy to help. You can contact me at: mpinhass at chicagobooth.edu

Maayan

gili4u
    חבר

Sure – my email is [email protected]

G.

gili4u
    חבר

To: gili4u

Folks,

Some of you asked me for my opinoin in regards to the application's powerpoint. I decided to share a couple of tips that other people reported as very helpful (to them). This is my personal view, not official school position.

1. remember that "people will forget what you said, but will always remember how you made them feel" (someone said before I did). This is true for the adcomm, so try to avoid negative connotations, since those may be attributed to you (most common in military stuff) and develop positive feelings. Consider kissing babies and hugging a cute dog if needed for the ppt..

2. realize that domestic applicants are doing this type of application for at least the 2nd time in their lives. They, on average, have experience shaping a well rounded character who combines work, many hobbies while still being adventurous at times (impressive!). This general approach will be common. While I honestly think we are more adventurous with diversified set of interests, that by itself is not unique in the process. Thus, try to put something that sticks out, vivid, memorable.

3. to create a memorable slide, it is better to have few photos/sentenses/drawings that are vidid or unusual in some way than many objects that would be impressive if one really takes the time to view them all and understand. On the flip side, a photo with my buddy in india or south america is not memorable (even if it is memorable to u..).

Naturally, it is easier to give advice in a specific case, rather than generally saying that you should try to do something interesting and memorable. But I hope this would still help some of you avoid common pitfalls and potentially help generate new prespectives on Chicago's application powerpoint.

Gil.

rash733
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 274

מה ניסגר בסוף אנשים ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgN02ZTe5AU
    omer80
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

יש ישראלים בפורום שכבר קיבלו ראיונות?
    מתי הגשתם? מתי קיבלתם "complete"?
    anter
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

To: omer80

היי עומר,

גם אני מחכה בקוצר רוח. אני הגשתי את האפליקיישן ביום האחרון של הדד ליין (14.10) והסטטוס שונה ל-complete ב-22.10.

בהצלחה לכל הממתינים.

aringoadmin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 183

שלום לכולם,

עדכון שאולי יעניין את מי ששוקל את שיקגו:

בשיחה של היועצים של ארינגו ביום חמישי עם קורט אלם, ראש ועדת הקבלה של שיקגו, הוא ציין שהתוכנית מייחסת עכשיו חשיבות רבה יחסית לפעילות התנדבותית/מחוץ למסגרת המקצועית-אקדמית, ושמחה לראות מועמדים שהשפיעו על הקהילה ולא רק על סביבתם המיידית.

זה קצת שינוי כיוון מבחינת שיקגו, בעיקר בהקשר של הסיבוב השני. מקווה שזה עוזר…

ehudger
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 73

אהלן,

רציתי לעדכן את הממתינים שהרגע קיבלתי זימון לראיון משיקגו. הגשתי את האפליקיישן ב 10.10.

בהצלחה לכל הממתינים,

אהוד

maayanpi
    חבר

To: aringo a

בהמשך להודעה של גילעם –
    הייתי ממליץ לכל המגישים לשיקגו (או לכל תוכנית אחרת) להבין מהי "רוח בית הספר", במה בית הספר מתגאה וכיצד זה מתקשר למה שמחפשים במועמדים. מועמדים מאוד חזקים, יהיו חזקים בכל תוכנית, אך חשוב להראות שאתם מתאימים לסביבה הזו, שלאנשים שחלק ממנה (בוודאי לועדת הקבלה) ברור מה מיוחד בה ומה הערכים שעומדים מאחוריה. לגבי תרומה לקהילה ופעילויות נוספות, קחו בחשבון שלמועמד טיפוסי יהיו פעילויות רבות בהן היה מעורב (במילים אחרות, לא הכמות קובעת).
    הבהרה למי ששאל אותי אם רוז מרטינלי עזבה – רוז האחת והיחידה עדיין הדיקנית האחראית על הקבלה ונותנת הטון העיקרית. קורט אלם הוא דירקטור שעובד תחתיה.

בהצלחה לעמלים על ההגשה לסיבוב השני ולממתינים מהסיבוב הראשון!
    JR13
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 52

To: ehudger

היי חברים,

שמח לבשר שקיבלתי לפני מספר דקות הזמנה לראיון משיקגו !!!!

מחזיק אצבעות ליתר הממתינים הישראליים

JR

gili4u
    חבר

Folks,

I always tell those who are interested in Entrepreneurship at Chicago about the New Venture Challenge, Booth's competition for starting a new busienss. Winners get money, incubation and fame..

Here's last year's winner, Bump Technologies, who just raised capital from Sequoia (which, I hope, needs no introduction)

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/26/bump-technologies-confirms-sequoia-funding-reveals-roster-of-angels/

NVC also allowed them to get exposure to media (featured on NBC), which led to their participation in Y Combinator, where they added several super-well-known-figures as board members/advisors.

Gil.

maayanpi
    חבר

To those of you who are preparing for the interview or working on R2 application – here is a piece of info you should know. The (almost) real story behind our school's new name:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k83SD1g1iXg

From this year's Golden Gargoyles (1st year cohort movie competition)

Maayan

gileyal
    חבר

ענק. זיהיתי לפחות שני ישראלים בסרט אבל לא נחשוף אותם לקהל הרחב:)
    gili4u
    חבר

SAVE THE DATE

We are planning a social event on December 21, 7.30pm in Tel Aviv. First and Second Year students will be there to share their experiences, provide info you didn't know about Chicago and give some application tips.

Venue and registration info will be provided next week. Feel free to reach out if you have Qs..

Gil.

gili4u
    חבר

The event will take place on December 21, 7.30pm at Kibbutz Ba'ir, 4 Kaplan Street, corner of Ibn Gabirol, Tel Aviv.

RSVP is required: tinyurl.com/BoothEvent (we have very limited capacity)

Feel free to reach out if you have questions.. I look forward to seeing you on the 21st!

Gil.

gili4u
    חבר

Friends,

We quickly reached capacity for the event and are very excited to have all of those who signed up!

If something comes up and you cannot attend please do send me an email to let me know; there are many people who emailed me asking to join and I'd like to give them a chance to come if a spot becomes available.

Thank you! Gil.

gili4u
    חבר

Info on the changes schools make in the application process:

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/content/mar2010/bs2010038_528531.htm

Plus, Rose Martinelli mentions no powerpoint this year..

G.

omerabin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 47

Thanks! Very usefull!

I wonder what will be the substitute essay she mentions

Any Idea? Are they going to ask people for Video Essays as well?

If anyone has an "inside information" to share – That will be extremely usefull!

gili4u
    חבר

Over the weekend, Chicago Booth was announced the winner of the International Venture Capital Investment Competition (VCIC).

This year, over 1,000 students from top schools around the world competed in 50 VCIC events on four continents, before reaching finals. In each competition, teams are given real companies' plans and asked to make VC investment decisions. Judges evaluate the teams' diligence process with the entrepreneurs, term sheet negotiations, investment thesis, and conclude by conducting a Q&A session with team members.

VCIC is a great opportunity for those interested in entrepreneurship or venture capital to practice evaluating companies and understanding key issues while forming relationships with VCs from around the country.

Here’s PEhub’s article about the event: http://www.pehub.com/68772/u-chicago-takes-vcic-finals/

This is a great example of Booth’s continued emphasis on entrepreneurship, venture capital and private equity. Four of the five team members had gained practical experience in VC/PE during their first year at school through the Private Equity & Venture Capital Lab or Hyde Park Angels program, prior to the competition. In addition, all members used the flexible curriculum to take entrepreneurship courses such as New Venture Strategy or Commercializing Innovation.

Gil.

danraveh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 51

הי,

אני מתעניין בלימודים בשיקגו ב2012, רציתי לשאול מה הדגשים שכדאי לי להדגיש באפליקיישן.
    מה התחומים שהב"יס חזק בהם? פיננסים? ניהול כללי?

תודה.
    דן.

gili4u
    חבר

To: danraveh

Dan,

Things to emphasize depend on your background and future aspirations. Feel free to drop me a line and we'll chat.

In general, the school is indeed strong in finance (banking, pe/vc). It's also usually a good match for people with business/economics background since it offers a flexible curriculum, so you don't necessarily need to spend a whole first year going over the basics.

Gil.

danraveh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 51

Hi Gil,

Thanks.

Look like we have a thing or two in comment. I'm also from the intelligence. And now I'm working in the PE in Herzelia.

I will be happy to chat with you when I will know some more, I'm just in the beginning of my journey to the Top 10…

Thanks.

Dan.

estykash
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

To: danraveh, gili4u

הי לשניכם.

שמי אסתי, כרגע לומדת GMAT, אבל מתכננת להגיש את האפליקיישן לבות' כבר לסיבוב הראשון. אני יודעת שהם מתמחים בפיננסים ובבנקאות, אבל הם נחשבים גם לחזקים בשיווק לא? ז"א ברור שקלוג הם החזקים ביותר בשיווק, אבל גם אם אני לא מכוונת לבי"ס הטוב ביותר בשיווק, האם BOOTH GBS נמצאים בעשירייה הפותחת בתחום השיווק?

בלי קשר ל-BOOTH, האם יש לך – גיל, תובנות או היכרות כלשהי (אפילו כאן בפורום) עם בוגר/מישהו שהגיש ל-ROSS או ל-KELLEY (באינדיאנה)?

אשמח לקבל אינסייטס, גם על מה עבר עליהם בתהליך הגשת האפליקיישן וגם על בתי הספר עצמם…

אלו למשעה שלושת המוסדות שמעניינים אותי יותר מכולם…

תודה, אסתי

dvasht
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 138

To: estykash

היי אסתי,

לא מתיימר לדעת יותר מדיי על התוכניות שאת מעוניינת בהם אבל מספר נקודות למחשבה על בסיס מה שכתבת:

1. סביר להניח ש-99% מהמעסיקים שמגייסים בקלוג לשיווק מגייסים גם בשיקגו (בטוח לגבי השחקנים הגדולים) ולהיפך.
    2. יכול להיות מאוד שיהיה לך יותר קשה להתקבל לשיקגו מאשר לקלוג בגלל החוזק היחסי של התוכניות בשנים האחרונות. כלומר, לא רואה שום סיבה לא להגיש גם לקלוג, אלא אם כן יש לך איזה אנטי לתוכנית. לעומת זאת, בגלל ששיווק זה לא התחום ה"חזק" בשיקגו (למרות שזה שטויות, כי בפועל את תקבלי את ההזדמנות ללכת לאן שתרצי בשיווק משיקגו כי הוא פשוט בית ספר מצויין) יכול להיות שיהיה יותר קל להתקבל לסטודנטים שלא רוצים פיננסים ובנקאות-כי הם רוצים לגוון את גוף הסטודנטים.
    3. שיווק בארה"ב הוא תחום שהיסטורית הולכים אליו יותר סטודנטים אמריקאים מאשר סטודנטים זרים (אחת הסיבות היא שאת זרה ופחות מכירה את התרבות). המשמעות היא שלסטודנטים זרים יותר קשה להיכנס לתחום. בנוסף, בבנקאות וביעוץ יש הרבה יותר חברות שמספנסרות סטודנטים זרים לויזת עבודה. כדאי מאוד לבדוק עם החברה הישראלים בבתי ספר שאת מעוניינת בהם מה המצב מבחינת אופציות העבודה לסטודנטים זרים בתחום השיווק (למשל, מתוך המשרות שמפורסמות בקמפוס בתחום השיווק, כמה פתוחות לסטודנטים זרים וכו').

בהצלחה,
    תומר

gileyal
    חבר

To: dvasht

Just a small comment – the 99% correlation between recruiters at the two schools is unfortunately not precise (would have been great if it was). I know because there were plenty recruiters I wanted to talk to who only came to Booth and there were plenty who only came to Kellogg.

The best advice I can give anyone applying is to look at the school's employment report and make sure the companies they want to work for recruit there, and that they recruit for the position that you are interested in.

Anyways, you can't go wrong with any of the schools you mentioned – they are all fantastic.

omerabin
    חבר

שובה של המצגת: שיקאגו פירסמו היום במזל טוב את השאלות ל-2011 ולמרות כל ההערכות המוקדמות ואפילו ההצהרות בתקשורת המצגת הידועה, גולת הכותרת הייחודית של האפליקיישן נותרה. הפעם, ההגדרה אפילו מעורפלת יותר: אין כל הגדרה.
    המועמדים מתבקשים לשלוח מצגת של עד 4 שקופיות כש"התוכן לגמרי תלוי במועמדים".

בתור מגשש באפילה בעניין האסיי הזה – האם למישהו מהסטודנטים הנוכחיים/בוגרים/יודעי דבר יש משהו לתרום? מה הדרך "לנצח" את האתגר השיקאגואי הזה ולקלוע למה שוועדת הקבלה רוצה, מצפה או חושקת לקבל בשאלה המעט הזויה ומאוד פתוחה הזו?

ממש אשמח לכל סיוע ועזרה, אני בטוח שהרבים שמתכננים לגשת לבות' השנה ישמחו לקבל את תובנותיכם

תודה גדולה!
    עומר

omerabin
    חבר

אין ספק שיש בזה משהו מרענן והרבה מאוד אפשרויות ואפשר לראות את זה כהזדמנות – הבעיה שיש כאן מעט מאוד מבנה ומעט מאוד יכולת באמת להציג את עצמך באופן עמוק. קל מאוד ליפול למצגת שנראית כמו סרט חתונה עם הרבה תמונות או לחילופין להתפתות להציג את עצמך כרצף כותרות. יש בזה משהו קצת פלקטי בעיניי, אבל יכול להיות שזה החשש שמדבר מהמקלדת שלי.

יש מישהו שכבר התנסה בעניין ויכול לשתף בנוסחה שעובדת בנושא?

shablul
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

To: omerabin

To: omerabin

היי עומר,

אני אמנם לא סטודנט או בוגר של שיקאגו, אבל בעוד חודשיים אתחיל את לימודי שם.
    אמנם בשנה שעברה, אם אני זוכר נכון, רוז (ראש ועדת הקבלה) הגדירה בכמה מילים בודדות את המצגת, אבל זה היה מאוד מעורפל ולא ברור, וזה בכוונה ככה…
    מה שאני כותב כאן רלוונטי למצגת של שנה שעברה. אם הרעיון הכללי לא שונה (הבדיקה עליך), אז זה יהיה רלוונטי.

מההתרשמות שלי, הרעיון הוא לתת לך לבחור צדדים שבך, שלא דובר עליהם בחיבורים, ולהראות אותם.
    (למיטב הבנתי, לא מומלץ בכלל לחזור על דברים שכבר הראית בחיבורים שלך).
    זה הזמן להראות להם איזה סוג של בן אדם אתה, ולא רק איזה אלוף אתה מקצועית.
    כיוון שבית הספר מעוניין באנשים מענינים ומגוונים, כדאי אולי להראות צדדים מקוריים שבך, שמראים עליך שאתה בן אדם מיוחד. אתה יכול להדגיש את היותך מעניין, שנון, מצחיק, כשרוני בתחומים נוספים, או כל מה שאתה.
    אם לדוגמא הצלת את העולם כמה פעמים בשנים האחרונות (מפצצה גרעינית, טרוריסטים משוגעים, מטאור שתפס כיוון לא נכון וכו', המצגת היא המקום להכניס את זה.
    העורכת שעבדתי איתה (ג'ניפר האלופה מ Accepted.com), שלחה אותי ללינק הבא שאחד מעמיתיה כתב על המצגת, והוא יכול קצת לכוון אותך:

http://blog.accepted.com/acceptedcom_blog/2009/8/30/mba-admissions-three-tips-to-power-chicago-booths-powerpoint.html

אני בהתחלה לא כל כך התלהבתי מהרעיון של המצגת, אבל אחר כך הבנתי שזו יכולה להיות הזדמנות מצויינת לחזק את האפליקיישן שלי. פשוט צריך להיות קצת מקורי, ולצאת מהחשיבה של החיבורים הקלאסיים.

שוב, אני ממש לא מומחה גדול, אבל כך אני הבנתי את דרישות המצגת, ולי זה עבד…

מקווה שעזרתי,

רועי

Avi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 41

אני דווקא אוהב את העקרון של "דף חלק" שהם נותנים במצגת.
    זה נותן אפשרות להתבטא בחופשיות ואפילו להשתמש בהומור.

omerabin
    חבר

To: shablul

אהלן רועי,

תודה על התשובה המקיפה והמצויינת. קודם כל המון בהצלחה בשיקאגו! עושה רושם שאתה בדרך לחוויה מדהימה בבי"ס מצויין!

אל תצטנע – אין חכם כבעל ניסיון ובמקרה הזה הניסיון שלך הוא עם קבלות במבחן השורה התחתונה.

הבעיה שאני מרגיש הוא בכמה מכשולים שקשורים לחוסר המבניות של חיבורים כאלה: כלומר, אין בהם כל תבנית והחשש שלי הוא שזה ייצא מאוד "מאולץ". האם לשלב תמונות שלך במצגת זה לא דבר נרקסיסטי? (בהנחה שתמונות המטאור שתפס כיוון לא נכון לא מספיקות כדי למלא את כל 4 הדפים), האם כדאי להדגיש דברים מסויימים?

אם אתה באווירת שיתוף ובא לך לספר איך בחרת את הנושא הספציפי שלך – זה יהיה מצויין, אבל אל תרגיש מחוייב חבר

שוב תודה

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 167 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.