Home פורומים Admissions Chat aringo Chat Chicago MBA Chat

מוצגות 10 תגובות – 51 עד 60 (מתוך 60 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • Shtota
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

To: Kristen – Chicago

Kristen,

The word on the MBA street is that the Chicago admissions policy is special in their encouragement of the applicants' creativity. How true is that? Some even say that this is probably the most important quality that an application to Chicago GSB can have (grades, work experience and the such being held equal).

Would you say you are looking for creativity in work history and recommendations and the interviews as well, or is it that important only in the essays?

Because you know, I can come to the interview dressed as a medieval knight, if that's what it takes… I've got the armor ready.

Kristen – Chicago
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

To: Gil340

All applicants are eligible for merit-based scholarships awarded by Chicago GSB. There is no seperate application; it is based on your admissions application.

Other scholarships for specific groups of applicants or students, i.e. Israeli students, are not something with which I'm familiar. It may be best to both review the information on Financial Aid on our website http://chicagogsb.edu/fulltime/admissions/financial.aspx, as well as to explore options in Israel, such as the Fulbright, Rotary, etc.

msarfaty
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

To: mba_il

I know you referred the question to Kristen but I will answer it as well:

The flexibility in the curriculum – I don't thin kthat any other school gives so much freedom to students in choosing their courses. The only mandatory course is LEAD. Other than LEAD two students can graduate without taking the same courses at all.

The LEAD program is another huge advantage. Read the explanations on th eweb site or ask us off-line. Generally, the program is meant to further develop managerial and team skills of the students. Apart from that the modules also relate to theperosnal groth and self-understanding of the students.

I already mentioned the great international exposure you get here – either from the diverse student body or with the IMBA and the exchange program.

Kristen – Chicago
    חבר

To: mba_il

Well, there are a few features. The first is the discipline-based approach to learning. We are grounded in the fundamentals and grow or expand from there.

The flexible curriculum allows students to start choosing their own classes from the first quarter they arrive on campus, so you have the ability to really create the program which is best for you.

Beyond those tangible aspects, I believe it is the people. Not only were the people with whom I studied genuinely interested in learning (a key feature of a Chicago GSB MBA), but I also really liked the people I studied with.

I would encourage you to visit as many programs as possible. You'll probably know after a day at each campus which program is best for you. However, if you're ready to be challanged, but also ready to have a great MBA experience, Chicago GSB is certainly worth exploring further.

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

To: Shtota

To Gilam and all,

It was our pleasure

once again- if anyone have questions he can contact myself directly or any other of our students and we'll be more than happy to assist as much as we can, in addition if anyone is planning on visiting the town or the school give us a shout

Assaf Wand
    University of Chicago Graduate School of Business
    MBA Class of 2005
    [email protected]
    312 909-9967 Mobile
    773 857-5851 Home

msarfaty
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

To: All

Before we go:

My e-mail is [email protected] My phone number is 312-479-4503

Please feel free to ask any question you have about the school and about the application process.

Moshe

Kristen – Chicago
    חבר

Well, we do value creativity. The members of the Admissions Committee certainly understand that one may not be creative in work or academics. So, in some areas we also look for initiative, leadership, etc. The best way to demonstrate creativity is through your essays; it's the part of your application over which you have the most control.

Kristen – Chicago
    חבר

Oh, and no need for the body armor–just be yourself and know that the interview is as much an opportunity for you to get to know us as it is for us to get to know you.

Best of luck with your application!

Kristen – Chicago
    חבר

To: All

Additionally, feel free to contact me or the Admissions team. Here are some email addresses you may find helpful:

Admissions: admissio[email protected]
    Ask a Student: [email protected]
    My email: [email protected]

Thank you for joining us on the chat!
    Kristen

Gilam – aringo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

To: Kristen – Chicago

In the name of everyone – thank you Kristen! You have done a great job here today! I personally learned quite a few new things about Chicago (especially the less-finance-oriented aspects), and I am sure that others as well.

Gilam

מוצגות 10 תגובות – 51 עד 60 (מתוך 60 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.