מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 147 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • emardix
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

To: All

Elad Mardix, a second year student at Darden Business School (University of Virginia), will be happy to answer any questions.

Elad had worked as a portfolio manager in Migdal Capital Markets at Israel prior to his MBA studies. He compelted his undergraduate studies in Economics & Accounting at Bar-Ilan University.

He served 4 years in the IDF as an intelligence officer and tank commander.

Elad currently lives in Charlottesville, VA with his fiance Yael, who is working as a pre-school teacher in Charlottesville. He focuses his studies on the Finance and Strategy areas and intends to pursue a career in investment banking post graduation.

Elad spent his summer internship working for JPMorgan at NY as an investment banker in the Technology, Media & Telecom group.

porata
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 50

To: emardix

Hi Elad,

Hope everything is well.

A few questions, (maby not a few…)

1. Is it possible for your wife to work (I am married and have no idea what my wife will do in the duration of the MBA)? Please mention if she gets a visa which enables her to work.

2. Can you elaborate on your stats?

3. I am asking this alot and looking for opinions.. do u think there is a correlation between the psyc exam and the gmat?

4. Why did you choose Darden? Were you accepted to any other schools?

5. Do u know about other schools which coincide with family life?

6. How is Darden's placement rates among graduates and internships? Which companies recruit at Darden?

7. Does your visa enable you to work, if so, what are the restrictions?

Thanks alot for your time,

enjoy,

Assaf.

emardix
    חבר

I’m sorry for the late reply. I had some busy days but I’m back to business now. Here are my answers to your questions:
    1. Is it possible for your wife to work (I am married and have no idea what my wife will do in the duration of the MBA)? Please mention if she gets a visa which enables her to work.

My fiancée is working here full-time for the local Jewish pre-school as a teacher. She was sponsored for a visa by the organization and received her work visa shortly after we arrived here. There are some prerequisites characteristics one needs to have (BA degree, relevant background, etc.), but essentially, if you find someone who is willing to sponsor you there shouldn’t be a problem to achieve a work permit.

2. Can you elaborate on your stats?

I want to start by saying that the stats are important but more important is how you spin your stats to the school and tailor your application package in a way that would offset your relative weakness.

My stats were pretty average: GMAT 680, undergraduate GPA about 3.3. I did have strong work experience in which I significantly leveraged and some extra-curricular activities.

3. I am asking this alot and looking for opinions.do u think there is a correlation between the psyc exam and the gmat?

I actually got very similar scores in both exams, so there might be a correlation, but definitely not a causation relationship, so I wouldn’t spend too much time on this.

4. Why did you choose Darden? Were you accepted to any other schools?

I actually received a few other offers, including a couple from NY schools. The main reasons I chose Darden are its case method and its relative strength in investment banking recruiting, which was my career goal. Today in hindsight I am very satisfied with my decision because the reality has definitely exceeded my expectations.

The case method is a great fit for me as it creates a very interesting learning experience. It enables you to get to know your classmates very well as everyone participates in discussions. It also forces international students to speak in class (as participation is 50% of the grade) and significantly improves your English skills, which plays a major role when you start interviewing for summer jobs four months after starting school.

Regarding my career goal, Darden presented to me better investment banking opportunity due to the lower competition. In other finance schools (as Wharton, Chicago and Columbia), you are going to have fierce competition for investment banking, on top of the fact that you are an international student and might not have banking experience. That’s why one needs to carefully research the placement statistics of a school and look at it in the perspective of her career goals. Don’t be fooled by the common view in Israel about the preferred schools for specific industry employment opportunities – make your own research.

5. Do u know about other schools which coincide with family life?

It depends on how you like to have your life. Darden is more similar to smaller schools as Tuck, Duke, and Michigan.

6. How is Darden's placement rates among graduates and internships? Which companies recruit at Darden?

I think last year was a very good year. I don’t know the exact numbers but I would assume that the numbers are about the 95%. The recruiting environment is very strong now so I believe that the coming year is going to be even stronger.

If you want to get a list of the companies recruiting at Darden just go to the website. The strongest industries in Darden are general management, consulting and investment banking.

7. Does your visa enable you to work, if so, what are the restrictions?
    I currently have a student visa, which enables you to work during the summer and an additional year post graduation. The visa issue is not a big one. If you get a job the company is going to sponsor you an H1-B visa which lasts for 6 years.

I hope my answers are helpful, and I do hope you apply to Darden. It’s a great school which opens many doors in US and presents a great experience out of academics – social activities, outdoor activities, great ski resort 45 min. from school, and so on.

shaill
    חבר

To: emardix

Hi Elad,

My wife registered to the university of Virginia for a P.h.d in psycology

and I wanted to ask you some questions regarding Charlottesville.

Is there any Hi tech indiustry in the area? Hardware in particular ? any chance of finding a job in the area as an hardware engineer ?

thanks,

Shai

emardix
    חבר

To: shaill

hi shai,

I actually think there is a good chance to find a software job here, especially if you have a US work permit. Charlottesville has some VC acitivty because of the research excellence concentrated in UVA.

We don't have a lot of information about it in Darden because essentially most of the recruiting going on in the school is for the big established companies located out of Cville.

There are many more opportunities in north VA near Washington, about 1.5 hours drive from here. North VA is considered to be a very high-tech oriented area with many small and medium tech. companies residing there.

I suggest you surf the Darden website and the "Batten Institute" specifically. They have many programs with these companies. You can also "google" VC funds in Cville and Richmond area, go to their websites, click on their portfolio companies, and most of the chances that those companies are located in the area as VC is a local business.

There is also a website: http://www.angelcapitalassociation.org whose many of its members come from VA and I assume that has extensive network in the area.

Let me know when you guys come here and I'll try to be as helpful as I can.

take care,

EM

D06
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 17

All,

I'm also an Israeli student at Darden, currently in first year. I'd like to extend my help to those interested in our program.

A few words about the school:

Darden is a 100% case study school that focuses on instilling students with the broad senior-leadership point of view, no matter in what industry or function. This is done by letting students tackle real-life business problems, take a definitive stand about their judgment, and present their analysis and reasoning on the fly and in front of others. The school emphasizes the importance of team work, and places a high priority on improving students' communication skills, as well as analytical abilities.

The three strongest career tracks at Darden are consulting, iBanking, and general management. Practically all major consulting firms and ibanks recruit Darden students, including McKinsey, BCG, Bain, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, etc. Major industry recruiters vary from such companies as Microsoft and Apple to United Technologies, Pepsico and Johnson & Johnson.

If you are interested in Darden or are planning to apply (or if you already have) please feel free to contact us with questions.

Darden has an outstanding and unique program. Elad and I can help candidates substantially improve their applications and chances of admission by providing our own insights about the school.

Good luck,

Ken Zamkow

Class of 2006

shaill
    חבר

To: emardix, D06

Hi,

Thanks for your previous answer.

My wife was accepted to UVa with a nice scolorship + full tuition into a Phd program, however UVa insist that they can not sponsor her (and me) for a J visa, and only an F visa would be available for us.

My question is, do you know any international students that were sponsored by UVa for a J visa ?

Are you familiar with this policy ?

Another question that I have is whether it is possible to find a job with out a working permit (F visa will not enable me to ask for a working permit)?

I would appreciate any more information and suggestions on how to negotiate the visa issues with UVa

Thanks

Shai

fransis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

To: D06

hi ken,elad

i hope u check on the forum for once in a while.

i consider applying to daden on january and i have several question i would like to ask. if it is possible i would appreciate the opportunity to talk with u over the phone.

regards

dovi fransis

ndh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 26

Dear Ken and Elad

I am considering applying to Darden for the September 2007 intake. I am married and it is very important for me to find out how many Israelis are there in Charlottesville? How my wife will get along (she is an environmental engineer)?

One more question – I am not sure I fully understood the "Early Action round" system. Can you elaborate on this option and its advantage/disadvantage?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Nissan

emardix
    חבר

To: ndh

Nissan,

There are around 20 Israelis in Cville on average. Most of them are either physicians or students/professors in UVA. Your wife can try and work if she can get sponsored by an employee. For instance, my wife, who is orginally a social worker, got sponsored by the local Jewish pre-school and worked there for two years as a pre-school teacher and Hebrew teacher.

I'm actually not very familiar with the "Early Action round" as I graduated over a year ago. However, I'll make sure that Aviv Oz, who has just completed his first-year in Darden, will address your question soon.

Regards,

EM

aviv_oz
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

Nissan,

Regarding your question:

The Early Action round is ideal for applicants that have completed their research about MBA programs and have decided that Darden is their first choice. Early Action allows applicants to secure their offer of admission to Darden by December 8, 2006. A distinct feature of Darden’s Early Action program is that applicants will automatically compete for two-year scholarships ranging from the Darden Jefferson Fellowship to full tuition to $10,000 per year.

Candidates must ensure that all required supporting materials (e.g. interview, GMAT score, TOEFL score, if applicable) are received by the Admissions Office no later than October 19, 2006. Early Action applications are restricted to Round 1 and will receive a decision to admit, deny admission, or be placed on the waitlist by December 8, 2006. Scholarships will be offered through the regular application process, as available.

if you have any other questions, feel free to ask or shoot me an email at [email protected]

take care,

aviv

aviv_oz
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

Aviv Oz, a second year student at Darden Business School (University of Virginia), will be happy to answer any questions.

Aviv had worked as a system engineer and site manager at a start-up company in Israel that handles lotteries around the world prior to his MBA studies. He compelted his undergraduate studies in Computer Science & Math at Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya.

He served 6 years in the Israeli Air Force as an officer leading R&D team.

Aviv currently lives in Charlottesville, VA. He focuses his studies on the Finance and Entrepreneurship areas and intends to pursue a career in investment banking post graduation.

Aviv spent his summer internship working for a small boutique Investment Bank that handles M&A advisory for small and mid-cap companies in the technology and healthcare sectors.

—————–
    AO

Sk
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

היה לי שלשום ראיון טלפוני לDARDEN – נראה לי שהיה מאד מוצלח. המראיינת הייתה חמודה מאד. היא אמרה שיהיו תשובות תוך שבוע אז עכשיו רק נותר לחכות!!!

eliran
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

To: aviv_oz

Aviv,

I will be happy to contact with you about Investment Banking. I am student in Babson, and interesting in the same field. Can I get your Email? my email is ealmog1@babson.edu

Thanks

Eliran

mba08
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hi Ken,

My name is Gili and I'd like to visit Darden during the next few days (perhaps next Monday). When does spring break ends?

I'd be very happy if you could show me around.

Thanks in advance,

Gili

p.s. write me to [email protected]

gili4u
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 78

Hi Aviv,
    My name is Gili; I'm thinking about applying to Darden next year.

Are there any Israelis around at Charlottesville these days ? Is there a Jewish community in the area ?

Thanks,

Gili.

Darden_Israel
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Darden Information Session in Israel – June 5

The Israeli Alumni at Darden Business School, the University of Virginia, cordially invite you to an information session on the two-year Darden MBA program, where you can learn about the unique Darden experience, life in Charlottesville, and post-MBA careers.

Come learn what the case method is all about, why Darden students form a tight-knit community during school and beyond, what makes Darden the rigorous program that it is, and what makes a good Darden application.

Event Speakers:

Elad Mardix, Class of 2005, JP Morgan

Ken Zamkow, Class of 2006, Business Wire – A Berkshire Hathaway Company

Arnon Katz – Class of 2009, Kodak

The information session will take place on Tuesday, June 5, 2007, 7pm, at the Kidum School in the Azrieli Mall, 3rd floor, Tel Aviv. The organizers wish to thank Kidum for generously providing the venue.

To register, please email: [email protected]

For questions email or call Arnon Katz: arno[email protected], cell. 050-6395766.

We look forward to seeing you shortly.

About the Darden Program:

Earning an MBA involves more than learning business skills; it’s about becoming something more — becoming a leader. Darden offers programs and research that develop leaders who are skilled at turning ideas into action. Darden MBAs learn to think, decide, act — and lead others. Our graduates lead organizations in a myriad of industries, markets, countries, and cultures. To prepare students for the challenges of business leadership, Darden takes a unique approach to management education, based on a distinctive set of core values.

Darden Core Values
    Darden’s approach to education reflects foundational values established 50 years ago. Our core values continue to guide the school. The Darden MBA program develops decisive, action-oriented, analytical leaders through a continuing commitment to:

The Case Method: Discussion-based pedagogy in which students and faculty share the responsibility for learning
    Energy, hard work and a passion for excellence
    Collaboration and a climate of trust supported by honor and Integrity
    Deep connections to business Global diversity

Darden, consistently ranked amongst the top MBA programs in the United States and in the world, is located in Charlottesville, Virginia, recognized as one of the best places to live in the United States.

Darden website: http://www.darden.edu
      Kidum website: http://gmat.kidum.com/www/

orrach
      חבר
      מספר הפוסטים: 18

דארדן שינתה במקצת את הליך הקבלה.

חיבור אחד הורד (יהיו שלושה במקום ארבעה), הם אמורים להיות קצרים יותר, וראיונות יתקיימו רק בהזמנה

http://feedroom.businessweek.com/index.jsp?fr_story=8901604150aa28469cbcf31b4533d45a1d485f72

JohnnyCash
      חבר
      מספר הפוסטים: 15

To: orrach

Essays:
      1. What matters to you most, both personally and professionally, and how does an MBA relate to these priorities? (500 word maximum)

2. Please select one word that describes you from the set below and support your statement using concrete examples.
      Professionally I am: (a) an innovator. (b) a leader. (c) an entrepreneur. (300 word maximum)

3. Please choose one phrase that describes you from the set below and support your statement using concrete examples.
      Professionally I am: (a) involved globally. (b) committed to diversity. (c) socially responsible. (300 word maximum)

This is not much …

SleepingIn
      חבר
      מספר הפוסטים: 22

שלום לאנשי דרדן.
      אני שוקל להגיש את מועמדותי לסתיו 08'.
      לצערי פיספסתי את הכנס שערכתם בארץ.
      אשמח להכיר את התוכנית בצורה טובה יותר.
      האם ניתן ליצור קשר עם אחד מכם?

תודה,
      עמית

KatzA09
      חבר
      מספר הפוסטים: 80

To: KatzA09

לכל המתעניינים,

Sandra Woodriff, Assistant Director, Darden Admissions

תהיה נוכחת בכנס שעורך ארגון פולברייט בספטמבר 11 ו- 12. אני מזמין את חברי הפורום המתעניינים בלימודי MBA בארצות הברית בשנים הקרובות להגיע לכנס, לשמוע על בית הספר, ולשאול כל שאלה העולה על דעתכם.

בברכה,

ארנון

rash733
      חבר
      מספר הפוסטים: 274

היי ארנון

האם יהיו בכנס גם סטודנטים שלומדים השנה או בוגרים ?

אני בכל מקרה מגיע אבל חשבתי שיהיה נחמד לדבר פנים אל פנים עם מישהו עם פרספקטיבה של תלמיד

לצערי פספסתי את המפגשים של דרדן בקיץ

תודה

רן

KatzA09
      חבר

To: rash733

רן,

לצערי כנראה לא יהיו בוגרים או סטודנטים בכנס. כנראה שתהיה הזדמנות לפגוש אותנו הסטודנטים פנים אל פנים בחופשת החורף (דצמבר). בינתיים, אם תרצה לדבר איתי בטלפון אני אשמח לענות על כל שאלה.

אם זה מתאים לך, שלח לי דואר אלקטרוני ל- [email protected] ואני אענה עם מספר טלפון.

מקווה שתהנה ותלמד הרבה בכנס,

ארנון

rash733
      חבר

וזו התשובה
      לשאלה למה צריך לבוא לבוש יפה לכנסים
      לא (רק) כדי לעשות רושם על הבנות מה ADMISSION
      (כי יכול להיות שיצלמו אותך)

http://dardenadmissions.wordpress.com/2008/09/03/video-blog-from-the-director-of-mba-admissions/

nast775
      חבר
      מספר הפוסטים: 5

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you see some small part of Darden:

http://picasaweb.google.com/orenast/Darden2008#

If you have any questions – you ar emore than welcome to ask!!!

Nastia

Darden 2010

KatzA09
      חבר

To: nast775

בקישור המצורף תמצאו תקציר של פנל על מצב הכלכלה הנוכחי שהיה בדרדן לפני מספר ימים. היה פנל מדהים. למרות שזה היה פנל רשות, האודיטוריום היה מלא בסטודנטים, מרצים ומבקרים, וכמיטב המסורת בדרדן היה דיון בהשתתפות אקטיבית של הקהל ועם מרצים בפנל מפיננסים, כלכלה וחשבונאות, אבל גם מאתיקה והובלת ארגונים (התנהגות ארגונית).

להנאתכם,

http://www.darden.virginia.edu/html/news_article.aspx?id=15870

ברגע שהוידאו יהיה זמין לצפייה אני אפרסם גם אותו באתר.

ooeg
      חבר
      מספר הפוסטים: 14

היום בערב התקיים פסטיבל האוכל הבינלאומי של דארדן. הפסטיבל היה כיף עצום ובעיקר הווה כר פורה לחגיגה מרגשת של בינלאומיות. אני שמח לספר שהשנה גם ישראל הקטנה הקימה דוכן
      צנוע עם דוגמאות לאוכל ישראלי (פלאפל ושות..)ותמונות מהארץ. הדוכן זכה לפופלאריות עצומה והיינו מופתעים ונרגשים לראות את התגובות של האנשים לאוכל ולתמונות מהארץ. מה שאני מנסה להגיד כאן הוא שחווית הMBA היא ממש לא רק ספרים והצעות עבודה אלא הזדמנות של פעם בחיים לחוות רב תרבותיות אמיתית לאורך זמן אם באמצעות הקייסים ועבודת הצוות ואם באמצעות ארועים כגון זה. אני כבר חודשיים בדארדן ואני מרגיש שיותר מהכל המיומניות, ה"רכות", הבינאישיות שאני מפתח כאן הן האלו שיתנו לי את היתרון האמיתי בעולם העסקים

אני מצרף לכם קישור עם תמונות שתוכלו להנות גם כן#

http://picasaweb.google.com/edasis/IntLFoodFestival#

orenroot
      חבר
      מספר הפוסטים: 20

שלום לכולם משרלוטסוויל המדהימה.

בין ששת הישראלים הלומדים השנה בדרדן יש לנו את כל קומבינציות הזוגיות ומגוון של רקעים.

אני מצטרף לחברי כאן ואשמח לענות על כל שאלה.

orenroot
      חבר

To: ooeg

פרט לבישולים מכל העולם הסטודנטים מופיעים ומציגים פן מתרבותם.

הנה קטע קצר מההופעה של הסטודנטים מהודו:

color=#0066cchttp://www.new.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=41656392128

orenroot
      חבר

הוידאו שארנון דיבר עליו פורסם תחת הקישור שהוא נתן.

לחילופין הוא נגיש ב:

http://www.darden.virginia.edu/uploadedFiles/Features/Financial_Market_Crisis.asx

ooeg
      חבר

משהו מעוניין להרחיב על התחושות בבית הספר בעקבות מה שמתרחש בוול סטריט?
      Roy Ben-Ami
      חבר
      מספר הפוסטים: 82

תאמת,

פה זה לא כל כך מורגש. חוץ מהאנשים שעבדו בקיץ בליהמן, רובם עדיין עם אותן הצעות עבודה ומתכוונים לשוב לוול סטריט.

גם מאלה שעבדו בליהמן, שניים מתוך שבעה קיבלו הצעה מהחברה שקנתה אותם (ברקליס).
      יש פה הרבה שיחות והרצאות על מה שקרה מכל הפרופסורים למימון וכלכלה אבל זה רק הופך את הלימודים ליותר מעניינים.

זה נכון שעכשיו יותר פונים ליעוץ אבל זה לא כל כך קריטי. בכלל, לדעתי, למרות שתהיה האטה בחודשים הקרובים בהצעות עבודה, בטווח של שנה-שנתיים, הכמות רק תגדל בעקבות כל מה שקרה. כל הבלגן והשינוי רק מאפשר יותר הזדמנויות לעשות כסף קל (ראה ערך וורן באפט). במצבים כאלה, הבנקים יחפשו בעיקר אנשים מתוכניות המינהל העסקים בטופ של הטופ מה שיהווה יתרון ולא חיסרון.

KatzA09
      חבר

To: Roy Ben-Ami

מסכים איתך לחלוטין. המצב די זהה בדרדן. החברה מליהמן ברדרס היו עצובים יומיים שלושה, אבל חוץ מזה אנחנו בעיקר עוקבים בעניין אחרי מה שקורה ומנסים ללמוד עד כמה שניתן. הפרופסורים לאתיקה בדרדן הם רעשניים וצבעוניים גם ככה, אבל בימים אלו הם מסתובבים ועושים כותרות ורעש יותר מהרגיל. החיים מעניינים פה.

כהערת אגב, די מדהים היה לעקוב אחרי ווקוביה בשבועיים האחרונים. המנכ"ל שפוטר לפני מספר חודשים ביקר בדרדן לפני פחות משנה וסיפר על איך המשבר מבחינתו זה בעיקר הזדמנויות לרכוש דברים במחיר זול… אני מניח שהבעיה היייתה שהוא עשה רכישה אחת יותר מדי לפני המשבר. חבל לי על בעלי המניות של וואקוביה שהפסידו הכל, בעוד הוא פוטר עם מצנח זהב נחמד… אבל אני מניח שהחיים למנהלים בכירים בארצות הברית הולכים להיות הרבה יותר קשים אחרי המשבר הזה.

rash733
      חבר

המשבר יכול להיות מצחיק

מיומנו של שר האוצר האמריקאי

http://news.walla.co.il/?w=/2971/1352688

rash733
      חבר

היתה לי שאלה ל ADMISSION

שלחתי במייל ציפתי לקבל תשובה בין עוד מספר ימים לעוד מספר שנים מנסיוני עם כמה מביה"ס אחרים

לדעתי תוך פחות מ 30 דקות היתה לי תשובה מלאה ומועילה

אין ספק שהתיחסות כזו רק מגבירה את הרצון להרשם ולהתקבל

KatzA09
      חבר

חשבתי לשתף את הפורום בעוד פוסט מדהים מבית מדרשו של דיקן דרדן, פרופסור ברונר. כמו תמיד, לפרופסור ברונר יש דרך ייחודית להסביר מושגים מסובכים במלים פשוטות, ולתת המלצות לפעולה. הפוסט האחרון עוסק באחת הסיבות למשבר במשק האמריקאי – חוסר החסכון. תהנו.

http://www.darden.virginia.edu/html/DeansBlog.aspx

KatzA09
      חבר

פרינסטון ריוויו פרסם את הדירוגים השנתיים שלו. אני שמח לבשר שהפרופסורים בדרדן נבחרו, שוב, להיות הפרופסורים הטובים ביותר מבין בתי הספר למנהל עסקים בעולם.

http://www.darden.virginia.edu/html/news_article.aspx?id=15986,

להלן קצת פירוט מהדירוג:

The Princeton Review does not rank the business schools in the book on a single hierarchical list, or name a best overall b-school. Rather, the book ranks schools in 11 categories. Darden made the top ten in six categories.

The categorical rankings include:
      Best Professors #1
      Campus Facilities #5
      Campus Environment #6
      Most Family Friendly #7
      Best Career Perspectives #7
      Best Classroom Experience #9

ooeg
      חבר

ובנימה פרקטית
      לכל מי שמגיש אפליקיישן – ראש ועדת הקבלה של דארדן
      שרה ניהאר מפרסמת אחת לזמן מה וידאו בלוג עם המון אינפורמציה
      שיכולה לעזור.(לא מוגבל רק למי שרוצה להרשם לדארדן)

להלן הקישור

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNsblW7EQMQ&feature=user

rash733
      חבר

ארנון וגיא שלום

אם הבנתי נכון מה שהיא אומרת שפשוט ברגע זה אין יותר הלוואות לתלמידים מחו"ל (אם כי מנסים למצוא פיתרון)
      יהיו מלגות אבל עתיד ההלוואות לא ברור
      ….
      לכן עדיף לנסות להרשם ל R 1
      בגלל העדיפות למלגות לנרשמי הסיבוב הזה
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNsblW7EQMQ

כמו שאמרתי בהודעה קודמת שלי העניין יכול להוות מכת מוות לתהליך כולו…(יש עדיפות בקבלה לאנשים בעלי יכולות נבואיות ?)

נראה לי שמה שהם צריכים לשקול זה לשנות את מדיניות המילגות ולהקצות אותן באופן שיוויוני יותר בין הסיבובים
      ולתת עדיפות במילגות לתלמידי מחו"ל כי המקומיים כנראה עדיין מסוגלים לקבל הלוואות
      יתכן גם שצריך להאריך את המועד ל R1 לאור השינויים
      האפשרות האחרות היא לאבד חלק נכבד מהתלמידים מחו"ל
      אני אודה לכם אם תפרסמו כל מידע שיהיה לכם בעניין

רן

idanva
      חבר
      מספר הפוסטים: 119

hi ran,

those days there is no bank in the US that is willing to loan to international students without any american co-signer.

if you have an american co-signer you are all set.

anyway our Dean promised us an update in about three weeks from now.

will keep you updated

Or.R
      חבר
      מספר הפוסטים: 45

בדארדן אתה לא תתבקש לבצע כל התחייבות או לשלם את פיקדון שכר הלימוד לפני שתועמד לך חבילת סיוע/מימון שתאפשר לך ללמוד בדאדרן. תמשיך לעבוד על האפליקיישן כרגיל. אני מעריך שימצא פתרון עד הקיץ, הפתרון לא יהיה טוב כמו ההלוואות שניתנו עד היום אבל עדיין יהיה אפשר לממן את לימודי ה-MBA.

אי אפשר להתעלם מהמשבר בשווקים ולחשוב שהוא לא ישפיע עליך.
      נתחיל מהחדשות הרעות
      ההלוואות שניתנות עד היום למועמדי MBA זרים ללא בטוחות או ערבים היו הלוואות "סאב-פריים" לכל דבר וענייין, להלוואות מסוג זה קיים שם מקצועי והם נקראות הלוואות NINJA. נכון להיום אי אפשר לקבל הלוואות כאלה משום מוסד פיננסי.

למה NINJA LOAN?
      No Income No Job or Assets
      אם אין לך הכנסה ודאית (פנסיה, תשלומי מזונות ממשהו בעל דירוג אשראי גבוה…), עבודה במקום טוב או נכסים לגבות את ההתחייבויות שלך אז הסיכוי לקבל הלוואה היום נמוך במקרה הטוב ואפסי אם בוחנים את זה באופן ריאלי.
      לפני כשנתיים-שלוש ניתן היה לקבל משכנתא על בית לפי 110% מהשווי שלו ללא שיש לך הכנסה, ערבים או נכסים אחרים. הנחת העבודה היתה שערך הבתים יעלה ולכן אין סיכון לתת הלוואה כזו. לאחר מתן ההלוואות בנקים "ארזו" את ההלוואות במבנים פיננסיים, סטרקטצ'רים, ומכרו את חבילות החוב הללו לשוק בתור חבילות אגח בסיכון נמוך. גופים שהשקיעו בהם קנו נגזרי ביטוח, כמו CDO, על הסטרקצ'קים הלולו, אם הזמן החלו לסחור באג"חים הללו וגם ונגזרי ביטוח האשראי. איפה אנחנו היום?
      ההלוואות היום ממבקשות לווה נוסף – cosigner – זה יותר מסתם ערב. מדובר על אדם שיהווה לווה נוסף במקביל לנהנה העיקרי של ההלוואה. לחתימה על הלוואה כזו כ- "לווה נוסף" יש השלכות על דירוג האשראי של מי שהתנדב לעזור לכם ובדוח האשראי שלו נרשמת הלוואה גם על שמו. המצב הכלכלי וקריסת הנדלן פגעה בהמון אנשים בארה"ב ולא לכל אחד יש דירוג האשראי שמאפשר חתימה על 130+ אלף דולר.

הלוואת Citi-Assist ללא לווה משותף כבר לא קיימת, אם יש לכם "דוד עשיר" אמריקאי אז הסתדרתם. רוב בתי ספר השתמשו בה כדי לאפשר לסטודנטים זרים לקחת הלוואות ללא ערב אמריקאי. ניתן לקרוא פה בבלוג מה-ניו יורק טיימס איך הפסקת ההלוואה הזו פוגעת בסטודנטים מ-MIT
      face=Calibri color=#800080 http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/07/credit-crisis-is-bad-news-for-mba-students/
      וכיצד מדווחת הפסקת ההלוואה הזו באתר של מישיגן
      face=Calibri color=#800080 http://www.bus.umich.edu/admissions/financialaid/loans/Private.htm

יש לא מעט בתי ספר שמסתירים משום מה את העובדה שההלוואה הזו ללא לווה משותף כבר לא קיימת יותר ועדיין מציגים אותה באתר שלהם. לי נראה שמדובר בהונאת מועמדים, אני לא מבין למה בתי ספר שמכבדים את עצמם עדיין מציגים את ההלוואה ורושמים ….loan terms subject to change… הם כבר יודעים שתנאי ההלוואה השתנו.

דאדרן אינו נמצא בבועה פיננסית וגם אצלנו בית הספר עושה כל מאמץ למצוא פתרון, בית הספר התחייב לסטודנטים מהשנה הראשונה שיהיה עבורם פיתרון אבל, בדומה לבתי ספר אחרים, אי אפשר להבטיח באופן וודאי פיתרון למועמדי שנה הבאה. המצב בשווקים משתנה מיום ליום ואי אפשר לדעת מה יקרה בחודשים הבאים. הממשל הפדרלי וממשלות אחרות בעולם מזרימות הון עתק כדי לשפר מצב הנזילות בשווקים ולהחיות מחדש את שווקי האשראי. אם המצב לא ישתפר בחודשים הקרובים אז יהיו לנו כאבי ראש יותר משמעותיים מאשר הדאגה לקבלת הלוואות ללימודים.
      חשוב לזכור שרוב מקבלי המלגות אם אינם סטודנטים זרים, עיקר המלגות הולכות לסטודנטים אינדיאנים, שחורים, היספנים יוצאי צבא ושאר אפליות מתקנות שבתי הספר מפעילים.

נכון להיום נשקלים מספר פתרונות לבעיית המימון.
      א. מתן ערבות או קניית ביטוח חדלות פרעון ע"י האוניברסיטה. עד היום הייתה השתתפות מסויימת של בתי הספר בסיכון האשראי של המלווים.
      היום המלווים לא יכולים/רוצים לשאת בסיכון האשראי של סטודנט חסר נכסים. המשבר בשווקים מעלה את הסיכון לחדלות פרעון ויחד איתו הוא מעלה את עלות ביטוח האשראי אם בכלל ניתן יהיה למצוא מי שיסכים לבטח את סיכון האשראי הזה, אחת ממבטחות האשראי הגדולות ביותר היתה
      AIG וכולנו יודעים איך זה נגמר.
      האפשרות הסבירה יותר היא שבתי הספר יתנו ערבות להוואות על בסיס ההון שנמצא בקרנות שלהם, אם זה בית ספר פרטי אז הוא יכול לעשות מה שהוא רוצה – חלק גדול מהתוכניות הם חלק מבתי ספר ציבוריים. ניתן להניח שלשימוש באפשרות זאת תהיה השלכה על פרופילי הסטודנטים המתקבלים, בתי הספר ירצו להבטיח שלמועמדים תהיה עבודה והם ככל הנראה יתלהבו פחות מארכאולוג שהנסיון המקצועי שלו הוא שנתיים חפירות במצ'ו-פיצ'ו ואח"כ שנת התנדבות בבניית בקתות בוץ באמצע אפריקה. סביר להניח שהם יעדיפו יותר מועמדי
      “blue chip” עם ניסיון מבוסס בחברות בין לאומיות גדולות, מאחר ולאלו יהיה קל יותר למצוא עבודה בארה"ב. יתכן ויהיה תהליך קבלת הלוואות שיהי דומה לאפליקיישן ללימודים בו יבחנו את הסיכוי/סיכון של המועמד למצוא עבודה בעלת הכנסה גבוהה.
      ב. האפשרות הנוספת היא שימוש במנגנון הלוואות פנימי המבוסס על קרנות האוניברסיטה. כבר יש שמועות על כל מיני תוכניות יצירתיות שכוללות הלוואה מקרנות האוניברסיטה לטווח בינוני (3-5 שנים) של הוצאות המחייה ותשלום שכר הלימוד בפריסה ל-10 שנים. תוכניות כאלה יהיו קלות יותר ליישום בבתי ספר פרטיים שלא צריכים לדווח למשלם המיסים על כל פעולה שלהם, במיוחד שמדובר בתמיכה בתושבים זרים. אגב, לאוניברסיטת שיקגו היתה תוכנית הלוואות מקרנות האוניברסיטה ותוכנית זאת בוטלה.

אני מעריך שימצאו פתרונות לסטודנטים זרים. אבל, מאחר ושוק האשראי העולמי השתנה ללא הכר וכך גם האופציות שיעמדו לפני המועמדים והסטודנטים ישתנו באופן קיצוני. כדאי להמשיך את תהליך האפליקיישן כרגיל, יעברו עוד מספר חודשים עד להודעות הקבלה ולתאריכי העברת הפקדונות. עד אז המצב יתבהר.

אני אשמח לענות על שאלות בנושא דארדן או MBA בכלל, הכתובת שלי
      Rothschildo10
      ((@))
      Darden.virginia.edu
      ooeg
      חבר

ואם לת עדות אישית על מה שאור הרגע סיפר-
      אני בקשתי את ההלוואה שלי קצת באיחור(בירוקרטיה) ואל אף שאושרה עקרונית לא קיבלתי עד היום את מרבית הכסף למעט כ17,000 $ שאמורים להגיע אלי במהלך השבוע. למרות זאת לא קיבלתי בקשת תשלום אפילו פעם אחד מדארדן, דוחים עבורי את כל התשלומים ומגלים הבנה פנטסטית למצבי. לפי מה שהבנתי כבר בשבועות הקרובים ימצא פתרון למצבי ובינתיים אני מסתכל על חצי הכוס המלאה- אני אשלם פחות ריבית בגלל הדחיה הנ"ל
      KatzA09
      חבר

רן,

לגבי ההלוואות. קשה לי (מאוד) להאמין שדרדן לא יציע הלוואות בשנה הבאה (ואני מתכוון ללא ערבים אמריקאיים). אני יודע שעובדים מאוד קשה בדרדן למצוא פיתרון, ודרדן הוא תמיד מוביל בתחום הזה. ז"א, אם מישהו יציע הלוואות שנה הבאה, זה יהיה כנראה דרדן. אני כמובן מציע לקרוא את ההסבר של אור על הבעיתיות במצב. נראה לי שתרבות הסמוך היא הכי מתאימה כאן – תמשיכו להגיש אפליקציות כרגיל, ונקווה שיהיה בסדר :) חוץ מזה, תבדקו ב- ISL מה המצב ומה תקרת ההלוואות שהם מציעים לשנה כרגע. אני מקווה ש- ISL שורדת את המצב הנוכחי ומצליחה לגייס כספים עבור ההלוואות שלהם.

מסכים אותך לגבי הגשה בסיבוב הראשון. בכל מקרה מומלץ להגיש בו. אל תשכח שעל חלק מהמלגות מתקיימת תחרות בפברואר-מרץ אליה מוזמנים מועמדים מכל רחבי העולם. לא ניתן יהיה לעשות את התחרות מאוחר יותר פשוט משום שאחרי זה המועמדים המובילים כבר יתחייבו לבתי ספר. ולכן, סיבוב שני פשוט קורה מאוחר מדי בשביל התחרות.

בהצלחה בימים אחרונים של כתיבת האפליקציות!

ארנון

whisky
      חבר
      מספר הפוסטים: 30

Hi All,
      When I started the quest for additional funds I met the same issue.
      In Duke the long term contract with Sallie Mae ended last year, so the new negotiation took place on last July, but the terms are not as good as they were last year.
      The interest rates are high – 1-month LIBOR plus 8.75% – you can do the math and see it started with more than 10.5% annually (and counting), some loans also induce a reimbursement fee (varying from 1% to 7.5% flat – meaning: at the moment you take $1000 loan you already owe $1010-$1075 respectively).
      In case you apply to business school and you know you’ll need additional funds – make SURE you get the complete picture from the admissions:
      What are their current contract terms?
      With which bank (if they still exist!!)?
      When is the term due? (Remember you might need additional funds in the 2nd year – new loan).
      Contact people who took the loans and check the reimbursement schedule (per term, annually, semiannually, average time required for approval…).
      Eyal
      KatzA09
      חבר

בדרדן ממשיכים לשקף את המצב הכלכלי הנוכחי ולדבר עליו. מצורפים קישורים לתקציר של פנל של בוגרי דרדן מדברים, שוב, מול אודיטוריום מלא. אני ממליץ בחום להקשיב ולקרוא את התקצירים, לחוות קצת מה זה להיות בדרדן בימים אלו ולקבל קצת פרספקטיבה על בית הספר באופן כללי:

תקציר כתוב:

http://www.darden.virginia.edu/html/news_article.aspx?id=16182

תקציר מוקלט:

http://www.darden.virginia.edu/podcasts/index.asp

כמו תמיד זמין לשאלות,

ארנון

Or.R
      חבר

למי שלא מכיר ולא התנסה, לספורט באוניברסיטאות יש מרכיב חשוב בחוויה.

לפני כל משחק ב-UVA מקרינים סרטון בו מראים כיצד הסמל של הקבוצה (אביר על סוס) נלחם ומנצח את הסמל של הקבוצה היריבה.
      הינה לינק לסרטון שהוצג לפני תחילת המשחק – UVA מול UNC, תוצאת המשחק – UVA ניצחו בהארכה
      http://www.virginiasportstv.com/?v=1847&f=.mov

כך זה נראה במגרש עצמו:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM8QJa8yqrc
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUYK2eicMM0
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ImVf3WRNs
      rash733
      חבר

הסירטון נראה די מיקצועי מזכיר קצת את שרק
      דרך אגב המעודדות לומדות בביה"ס ?
      gileyal
      חבר
      מספר הפוסטים: 279

רשומות כן… לומדות – לא תמיד:)

Or.R
      חבר

לפי כללי של הספורט האוניברסיטאי כל המשתתפים חייבים להיות סטודנטים רשומים בהיקף לימודים מלא. בין אם זה שחקני פוטבול, נגני תזמורות או הילדות המקפצות עם הפונפונים.
      אין שום הגדרות על מה הם צריכים ללמוד כל עוד הם לומדים במסגרת מלאה ועומדים בדרישות האקדמיות.

יכול להיות שיש למעודדות שיטות משלהן לעמוד בדרישות האקדמיות…
      KatzA09
      חבר

To: Or.R

ממליץ בחום לראות את הסרט הבא ולחוות קצת מהחוויה בדרדן:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XffeU37icjg

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 147 סה״כ)
    • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.