מוצגות 47 תגובות – 101 עד 147 (מתוך 147 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

To: orenroot

Very cool, but strikes me as hugely unfair to the rest of the bunch…
    Or.R
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

To: All

A new class has entered the Darden School, Class of 2011, here are the stats:

http://www.darden.virginia.edu/html/news_article.aspx?id=20190
    • Students come from 36 countries
    • 32 U.S. states are represented
    • Number of students=311
    • 29 percent women
    • Number of west coast (U.S.) students increased 100 percent over last year
    • The most represented undergraduate alma maters include: Virginia, Duke, Wake Forest, Washington & Lee, William & Mary, Cornell, James Madison, Harvard, and Georgetown
    • 28 percent of the class majored in business
    • 21 percent majored in engineering, science, and math
    • Average class GMAT score: 701
    • Grade point average: 3.39
    • Average age: 28
    • Age range: 23 to 34
    KatzA09
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 80

To: Or.R

Ilan Danieli, Darden 2000, COO of Osiris Corporation, and former member of the Darden Student Admissions Committee will share his experiences as a student, an alumnus, and working in the U.S after graduation.

He will be happy to answer questions about the Darden MBA.

Refreshments will be served.
    Spouses and guests are welcome!

Dress: Casual

Date, Time & Location

Fulbright – United States-Israel Educational Foundation – Migdalor building

1 Ben Yehuda Street – 10th Floor
    Tel Aviv
    Israel

October 23, 2009
    11:00 am – 1:00 pm

Ross
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 24

שלום לכולם!
    אני פונה לDARDEN בROUND 1.אשמח לשוחח עם הסטודנטים ובוגרים.
    מייל שלי billmondeiATgmail.com תודה,רוס

ajjf
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

Hi
    When is the Darden information session in Israel?
    KatzA09
    חבר

To: ajjf

Ilan Danieli, Darden 2000, COO of Osiris Corporation, and former member of the Darden Student Admissions Committee will share his experiences as a student, an alumnus, and working in the U.S after graduation.

He will be happy to answer questions about the Darden MBA.

Refreshments will be served.

Dress: Casual

Date, Time & Location

Fulbright – United States-Israel Educational Foundation – Migdalor building

1 Ben Yehuda Street – 10th Floor
    Tel Aviv
    Israel

October 23, 2009
    11:00 am – 1:00 pm

Or.R
    חבר

CNN Money has recently published an article on the “best places to start a business”. Darden, University of Virginia and Charlottesville receive praises in this article.
    This summer I took part in a special program for entrepreneurial summer internships through the Batten Institute for entrepreneurship at Darden. Through this program, called BVIP (Batten Venture Internship Program), I interned with a PE & VC funded venture to open a new commercial bank.

As the VP of Technology at the Darden Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Club, anyone who is interested in entrepreneurship and/or Venture capital at Darden is more than welcome to approach me with questions.
    rothschildo10 ==>@<== darden.virginia.edu

EVC club:
    http://web2.darden.virginia.edu/student/html/standard.aspx?menu_id=120&id=86

CNN Money article:
    http://money.cnn.com/smallbusiness/best_places_launch/2009/snapshot/61.html
    Entrepreneurs with brainy businesses find Charlottesville a great place to launch. The University of Virginia plays a starring role, bringing diversity and tremendous cultural, creative, scientific and historical resources to the city. It also helps foster Charlottesville's thriving entrepreneurial community. Local business owners can't say enough good things about Darden, UVA's graduate business school, which boasts the world-class Batten Institute for entrepreneurship. In addition to fostering education on innovation, Batten offers incubator space and other assistance to grad students starting businesses.
    For a relatively small town, there's a good deal of venture capital here and in nearby Washington, D.C. Robust business networks help new entrepreneurs find angels and other investors. Finding the right employees, though, can be a challenge. Tech entrepreneurs can qualify for generous breaks on their local business taxes, but they have to compete for talent with rivals in Silicon Valley and other higher-paying areas.
    But Charlottesville's quality of life can't be beat: The nearby Blue Ridge Mountains provide endless hiking opportunities, and oenophiles enjoy the growing number of vineyards surrounding the city. The city offers good schools and a low cost of living — and right at its heart is a walkable, almost European pedestrian mall with numerous theaters, restaurants, cafes, artists, and musicians. -Elaine Appleton Grant

itayle7
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 28

Hi All,

My name is Itay and I wish to apply for Darden on the scond round.
    I would like to talk to students and/or alumni of the program about their MBA experience.
    My email is: [email protected]

Thank you for your time.

Itay

orenroot
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 20

To add to Or's point, Darden has just opened the i.Lab – a new innovation and design lab
    http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/blogs/mba_admissions/archives/2010/03/darden_opens_a.html
    orenroot
    חבר

A clip from the 2010 Darden Follies. Keep in mind that these are all respectable, world known professors.
    This illustrates some of the Darden community uniqueness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyUyQfUB1Zo

This is why we love this place and why we are so sad to leave it.

KatzA09
    חבר

To: KatzA09

The Darden School of Business invites prospective students

to

An evening of Darden hospitality

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

8:00 – 9:30 P.M.

Malon Hasharon

Herzliya

The reception will offer an opportunity to speak with Darden faculty, current students and Israeli alumni. Gal Raz, Associate Professor of Business Administration and Philippe Sommer, Director of Entrepreneurship Programs will be on hand to speak to the group.

Refreshments and hors d’oeuvres will be served

Guests are welcome

Dress: Business Casual

Please RSVP to [email protected] by Friday, May 7th

KatzA09
    חבר

The Darden School of Business invites prospective students
    to
    An evening of Darden hospitality

Wednesday, May 12, 2010
    8:00 – 9:30 P.M.

Malon Hasharon
    Herzliya

The reception will offer an opportunity to speak with Darden faculty, current students and Israeli alumni. Gal Raz, Associate Professor of Business Administration and Philippe Sommer, Director of Entrepreneurship Programs will be on hand to speak to the group.

Refreshments and hors d’oeuvres will be served
    Guests are welcome
    Dress: Business Casual

Please RSVP to [email protected] by Friday, May 11th
    KatzA09
    חבר
    Silent_Thunder
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

To: KatzA09, orenroot

Hi guys,

After an application workshop in Azrieli – form Kifum-Application – with Gilam Levy, I found out that Daren is one of the best school there are. So I started reading about it in the schoool's web-page.

The information there on the school doen't tell me what is the main focus (or strength) of the school. At the Kidum-application workshop we have been told that Darden is every strong in the General-Management path – something that the las link KatzA09 presents.

Can you confirm it and maybe elaborate it?

Thanks,

Silent_Thunder

KatzA09
    חבר

To: Silent_Thunder

Silent Thunder,

Good to hear from you. My name is Arnon Katz and I'm a Darden 09 graduate. Darden is indeed extremely strong in General Management. Many rate it as number one program for that purpuse. Darden is also extremely strong in Consulting, Investment Banking and Finance.

One reason why Darden is considered so strong in the General Management field is the case study method being used to effectively at Darden. 100% of the courses are taught that way, and the entire school is built to support that – the class-rooms, the level of teaching, etc.

If you have further questions I will be happy to answer them. Also, from time to time, we hold information events in Israel – we will be happy to see you there!

Best,

Arnon

Silent_Thunder
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

To: All, KatzA09

Hi Arnon,

Thank you for the overview – after your massage I decided to start moving toward Darden's application.

So, first I need to understand all the options in financing my MBA – what are they? I probably won't have american cosigner – does the school has a loan-program? Are there private-loan for internationals? If there are – how much money can I loan?

Thanks,

Silent_Thunder

KatzA09
    חבר

To: Silent_Thunder

Silent,

Excited to hear that you are applying! As far as financing goes, Darden does have a loan to international students that doesn't require a co-signer, to the best of my knowledge. You can loan all the money you need to cover living expenses in Charlottesville and tuition. Darden will not let a financial reason prevent an admitted student from arriving.

Arnon

niv.goldman
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hi Arnon,

I am still researching on which schools to apply to and have yet to consider the MBA program at Darden.

I'm somewhat worried that Darden is not considered a strong brand as other top MBA schools in Israel. Although I do see myself working abroad following my graduation, coming back to Israel is something I plan on doing sometime in the future. How would you address this concern?

Thanks,
    -Niv.

KatzA09
    חבר

To: niv.goldman

Niv,

I'm glad you are considering Darden – completely subjectively, I believe it is one of the best there is :)

The Israeli STREET perception is indeed influenced by many things that are not related to the business school reputation. Duke, for example, has a much easier life because it has a consistently good basketball team that is well known in Israel. Yale has it easy for them simply because they are Yale… and it doesn't matter how well or not their business school… For example, which is more known in Israeli streets? Brown business school or Darden Business School? Most will say Brown… even though Brown doesn't have a business school!!! Similarly, the MIT business school had the top rated entrepreneurial program of all business schools… When it didn't have an entrepreneurial program!

However, I would argue that the street perception is not that important. When you apply to jobs, try to get funding to your startup, etc., you are relying on a very small group of people in Israel – the elite of the business domain. These executives, I would argue, are much more versed in the global business world. Many of them completed their MBA's in the states, some at Darden. Others just worked with people from leading MBA programs. So, basically what I'm saying is that the problem is not as big as you currently perceive it.

However, that doesn't mean we are not doing anything. The Darden Israeli Chapter is extremely active with admissions and other events. Darden just started to teach one course a year in Israel. We work hard to have our name out there more. Also, Darden now has several alumni in Israel and that number keeps growing every year. Most of the Darden Israeli alumni are planning to return and are working hard to make sure the Darden brand keeps strengthening in Israel.

I will be happy to answer further questions by phone or in person – I will be traveling to Israel soon. Let me know if you want to connect!

Best,

Arnon

orenroot
    חבר

אנחנו על המפה!
    סילבן לנדסברג – אחד משחקני הכדורסל הטובים ביותר ב ACC ששיחק עד שנה שעברה בשביל וירג'יניה חתם עם מכבי חיפה.

http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=88843&SPID=10616&DB_OEM_ID=17800&ATCLID=204970848

ספורט הוא חלק אינטגרלי מחווית הלימודים בדרדן. סילבן שיחק כדורסל במהלך לימודי בדרדן.

nast775
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

Hi All,

New rankings are out from Economist. Darden is number 8 at the USA schools and number 11 among European and US schools…

Economist Ranking 2010

nivster
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 41

To: nast775

אני תמיד משועשע לראות "דירוגים" ששמים בתי ספר כמו סטנפורד והראוורד מתחת ל-IMD או IESE או TUCK… זה מוכיח שוב ושוב כמה "שווים" הדירוגים האלה.
    joker
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

To: nivster

Nivster – though I tend to agree, I think that you should read why they got to this conclusion in their methodology page (http://www.economist.com/node/21010829). I guess that not everyone is looking for brands….
    dvasht
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 138

To: All, nivster, joker

nivster,

הדירוגים האלה "שווים" בדיוק מה שהמתודלוגיה שלהם אומרת שהם "שווים"… אין ספק שדירוג לפי חוזק ה"מותג" היה מניב תוצאות אחרות, אולם "מותג" הוא עניין שמבוסס על פרק זמן מסויים (ארוך?) ואילו הדירוג מנסה לשקף מצב נוכחי (פחות או יותר) בהתאם למתודולוגיה זו או אחרת (להסתכל על דירוג בלי לבחון את המתודולוגיה זה חסר משמעות). מה גם שאולי ניתן להעריך (אולי) את חוזק המותג בעתיד לפי הדירוגים העכשווים ( ביצועי בית הספר (מה שזה לא יהיה) -> מובילים לשיפור בדירוג-> שמוביל לשיפור בחוזק המותג בעתיד).

הדירוגים האלה הם בין המקורות הטובים ביותר למועמד לבחון את בתי הספר השונים כי הם "חושפים" את חוזק בית הספר לפי פרמטרים שונים בהתאם למתודולוגיה. כל מועמד יכול להגדיר לעצמו מה חשוב (למשל, כמות החברות שמגייסות בקמפוס) לעומת מה לא חשוב (למשל, אחוז הנשים בתוכנית- זה חלק מהמתודולוגיה של האקונומיסט) ולפי זה לקבל החלטה מושכלת.

תומר

nivster
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 41

To: dvasht

האמת היא שלא התכוונתי לפתוח את הדיון הנצחי לגבי הדירוגים אז אפשר לעצור את זה כאן. כמובן שלרגע אני לא ממעיט בערכו של דרדן או כל בי"ס אחר, פשוט אני (אישית) מוצא את הדירוגים האלה משעשעים ולא ממש אינפורמטיביים. כמובן שכל אחד רשאי לחשוב אחרת ממני.
    YoffeE10
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

To: nivster

Hi All,

My name is Eli Yoffe and I am a recent grad of The Darden Business School . I will be happy to answer any questions regarding Darden or post MBA experience.

After graduation I joined Danaher Corporation-a 15B$ manufacturing conglomerate, going through its Leadership Development Program. I spent my summer internship in corporate finance at RJ Reynolds.

Prior to the MBA studies I had worked as a financial analist at Discount Bank's research department and served 7 years in the Air Force.

I am currently living with my wife and daughter in Durham, North Carolina.

EY

razia
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 70

To: All, nivster

nivster,
    :I totally agree with you. You would like the following article
    http://poetsandquants.com/2010/09/28/the-economist-2010-ranking/

Razi

eliy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

Darden School of Business-University of Virginia Informational Session – March 25th, 2011

ביום שישי, 25 למרץ, יתקיים מפגש עם בוגר Darden, אשר סיים את לימודיו בשנת 2010 וכעת נמצא בתפקיד ניהולי באחת מחברות הייצור הגדולות בעולם.

DARDEN הוא אחד מבתי הספר למנהל עסקים המובילים בעולם, המציע Ph.D, MBA ו-EMBA. חווית הלימודים בבית הספר היא ייחודית בשל השילוב של שלושת המרכיבים העיקריים של התוכנית:

Case Study Method – לעומת הגישה המבוססת על הרצאה, DARDENמשתמש בדיון על בעיות עסקיות אמיתיות כבסיס ללימוד עסקים.

צוות ההוראה בין הטובים בעולם – צוות ההוראה של DARDEN מדורג מס '1 על ידי Princeton Review . פרופסורים בDARDEN שמים את התלמידים בראש סדר עדיפויותיהם ומקדמים חשיבה חדשנית בעולם העסקי.

קהילה מלוכדת – סטודנטים, אנשי סגל ובוגרים פועלים באווירה של שיתוף פעולה הנמשך גם שנים רבות אחרי לימודים.

אלמנטים אלה יוצרים סביבה אשר מפתחת סטודנטים של DARDEN להיות מנהלים טובים מייד עם סיום התואר.

DARDEN מדורג:
    Forbes -9
    Wall Street Journal-10

Business Week- 11

US News- 13

קבענו את ההרצאה ביום שישי ה-25 במרץ 2011 , בין השעות 12-14 במשרדי הקרן, בן יהודה 1 ,ת"א, בנין מגדלור, קומה 10 .

ההשתתפות היא ללא תשלום אך נדרשת הרשמה מוקדמת:

טלפון : 03-517-2131 שלוחה 200 (ימים ב-ה בין השעות 9-15 ).

מייל: [email protected] נא לציין: שם מלא באנגלית,מס' טלפון, ו-כתובת מייל).

KatzA09
    חבר

מפגש לתואר שני במנהל עסקים

Darden School of Business-University of Virginia Informational Session – March 25th, 2011

מרכז הייעוץ EducationUSA עורך מפגש היכרות לתואר MBA עם בוגר Darden, אשר סיים את לימודיו בשנת 2010 וכעת נמצא בתפקיד ניהולי באחת מחברות הייצור הגדולות בעולם.

DARDEN הוא אחד מבתי הספר למנהל עסקים המובילים בעולם, המציע Ph.D, MBA ו-EMBA. חווית הלימודים בבית הספר היא ייחודית בשל השילוב של שלושת המרכיבים העיקריים של התוכנית:

Case Study Method – לעומת הגישה המבוססת על הרצאה, DARDEN משתמש בדיון על בעיות עסקיות אמיתיות כבסיס ללימוד עסקים.

צוות ההוראה בין הטובים בעולם – צוות ההוראה של DARDEN מדורג מס '1 על ידי Princeton Review, פרופסורים בDARDEN שמים את התלמידים בראש סדר עדיפויותיהם ומקדמים חשיבה חדשנית בעולם העסקי.

קהילה מלוכדת – סטודנטים, אנשי סגל ובוגרים פועלים באווירה של שיתוף פעולה הנמשך גם שנים רבות אחרי לימודים.

אלמנטים אלה יוצרים סביבה אשר מפתחת סטודנטים של DARDEN להיות מנהלים טובים מייד עם סיום התואר.

DARDEN מדורג:
    Forbes -9
    Wall Street Journal-10
    Business Week- 11
    US News -13

לנוחיותכם, קבענו את ההרצאה ביום שישי ה-25 במרץ 2011
    בין השעות 12-14 במשרדי הקרן, בן יהודה 1 ,ת"א, בנין מגדלור, קומה 10 .

ההשתתפות היא ללא תשלום אך נדרשת הרשמה מוקדמת:
    טלפון : 03-517-2131 שלוחה 200 (ימים ב-ה בין השעות 9-15 ).
    מייל: [email protected]) נא לציין: שם מלא באנגלית,מס' טלפון, ו-כתובת מייל).

למידע נוסף על האוניברסיטה אנא פנו ל- http://www.darden.edu

OrenG
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

שלום,

שמי אורן ואני מתכוון להגיש מועמדות השנה ל-MBA
    ו- DARDEN הוא אחד מבתי הספר שמעניינים אותי.

אני מגיע לארה"ב בעוד כשבועיים והייתי שמח להגיע לביקור בבית ספר
    הייתי שמח אם מישהו יכול להגיד לי מתי כדי ובכלל לשמוע קצת על הבית ספר מסטודנטים שלמדו/לומדים.

תודה מראש
    אורן

KatzA09
    חבר

To: OrenG

אורן,

שמי ארנון ואני בוגר דרדן שגר בשרלוטסוויל. בשמחה אפגש איתך כשאתה מגיע לביקור. אם תגיע בעוד שבועיים כמובן שתפסיד את החוויה של הכיתה משום שהלימודים כבר הסתיימו להשנה.

הזמן הכי טוב להגיע הוא בספטמבר-נובמבר. אבל עדיף להגיע בקיץ מאשר לא להגיע בכלל!

דבר איתי ב- katz_arno[email protected] ותעדכן אותי מה אתה מחליט.

בברכה,
    ארנון

אורי דרדן
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

שלום,

שמי אורי ואני סטודנט בדרדן.
    אפשר לקרוא על בית הספר כאן:
    http://aringo.co.il/Darden_MBA.htm

לקראת עונת האפליקיישן הקרבה ובאה אני מזמין אתכם לפנות אליי ולשאול שאלות, אשמח לספק מידע ולעזור בפורום או במייל –
    ori.dkl
    at
    gmail.com

לאחרונה פורבס הוציאו דירוג חדש והותירו את דרדן בטופ טפ – במקום התשיעי.
    דירוגים נוספים:
    Wall Street Journal-10
    Business Week- 11
    US News -13

בהצלחה!

אורי

אורי דרדן
    חבר

To: אורי דרדן

רצ"ב לינק לוידאו בלוג של שרה נהר, ראש האדמישנס בדרדן עם המלצות בנוגע לאפליקיישן:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZgQhQg_QK8

והאדמישן בלוג:
    http://blogs.darden.virginia.edu/admissions/

אורי

Or.R
    חבר

עוד סיבה ללמוד בדארדן

PARTY!!!

התמונה היא מפסטיבל האוכל הבינלאומי בדארדן

אורי דרדן
    חבר
    אני מצרף מידע למי שרוצה ללמוד עוד על דרדן, תרגישו חופשיים לשאול שאלות!

Read about Darden's unique case method:

1. Case Method: Rather than lecture, our professors engage students in lively discussions in class every day. Learn more about the case method by watching case method videos or by attending an Open House or Class Visit Day in Charlottesville.

videos:
    http://www.darden.virginia.edu/web/MBA/Academics/Case-Method/Videos/
    Open House or Class Visit:
    http://www.darden.virginia.edu/web/MBA/Admissions/Visiting-Darden/

Because student contributions are an important part of the case method learning experience, Darden strives to recruit a diverse student body each year. Diversity in all forms — professional background, country of origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and more — enhance the learning for all students.

2. Top-Ranked Faculty: Ranked #1 by The Princeton Review, Darden professors put students first and advance innovative thinking in business. They have a longstanding open-door policy, and it is not uncommon for faculty to invite students over for dinner.

To get a sense of the interactions between our students and faculty, read the " Open Door Policy" blog post by one of the Class of 2012 Darden Student Bloggers.
    http://www.darden.virginia.edu/web/MBA/Students-Alumni/Voices/Student-Bloggers/Student-Bloggers/
    http://dardenpoet.wordpress.com/2011/04/18/open-door-policy/

3. Tight-knit Community: Students, faculty, staff and alumni join in an atmosphere of collaboration and community not often found in top business schools. Students are highly involved in our student clubs, and our global network of over 14,000 alumni was recently ranked as the #3 MBA alumni network.
    These elements combine to create an experience that prepares Darden students to be ready for any business challenge.

Or.R
    חבר

חושבים על יזמות?

דארדן דורג לאחרונה במקום השלישי בתחום היזמות על ידי מגזין entrepreneur.com

קישור

אורי דרדן
    חבר

שלום שוב,

תזכורת עבורך להשתתף בשיחת אינטרנט עם נציגת הרישום של Darden School of Business

השיחה תתקיים ביום רביעי, 12.10.11 בשעה 21:00 זמן ישראל. השיחה תתקיים באמצעות האינטרנט, כל שעליך לעשות הוא להתחבר 10 דקות לכתובת אתר האינטרנט שתסופק לך על ידי מחר בשעות הצהרים, לשים אוזניות ולהתחבר לשיחה. תוכל לשאול שאלות בזמן השיחה ולקבל תשובות בעלות ערך למילוי הטפסים שלך ולתהליך הקבלה!.

ממליצה מאוד להכין שאלות ובכדי לעשות זאת, כדאי לבקר באתר: http://www.darden.virginia.edu/web/mba/

לקרוא על התוכנית המדהימה שלהם למנהל עסקים, להבין כי ב"ס בדומה להרווארד, מציע 100% Case Study, פרופסורים בעלי שם עולמי, תוכניות מגוונות וכמובן, אחוזי השמה גבוהים ביותר.

ומה עוד תוכל לקבל מהשיחה:

1. הבנה מנציגי הרישום עצמם מה הם מחפשים במועמד,
    2. מה משקל החיבורים לעומת מכתבי ההמלצה, ציוני ה GMAT
    3. הנחייה ברורה, טיפים והכוונה כיצד לכתוב את החיבורים
    4. מהם חיבורים מנצחים עבור ועדות הקבלה, הסבר ברור לגבי מה מחפשים בחיבורים
    5. הסבר חשוב על האוניברסיטה, תוכנית הלימודים ואפשריות הקידום

וחשוב ביותר:

הסברים לגבי תהליך מציאת עבודה בסיום הלימודים והשפעת התואר על תפקידי ניהול בכירים. חשוב במיוחד באקלים הכלכלי המשתנה.

את השיחה תנחה ראש משרד הרישום של דרדן. וישתתף בה אילן דניאלי, יזם ואיש עסקים בכיר. סיים את לימודיו בדרדן בשנת 2000, ומאז מאז הוא בילה את ה-11 שנות האחרונות בין יזמות לבין עבודת corporate turnaround. הוא היה סמנכל תפעול בקרן של 2 מיליארד דולר, COO של חברה ציבורית של $100 מיליון, וכיום הוא מנהל סטארט אפ שהקים בתחום ה-HEALTH CARE

ההשתתפות היא ללא תשלום ופתוחה לכולם.

חשוב להירשם מראש: [email protected]

Or.R
    חבר

The Darden School of Business took fourth place in the world in The Economist 2011 ranking of full-time MBA programs, released today. The Darden School moved up from 11th position last year. In the North American ranking, Darden ranked third, up from seventh.

Within the criteria, the Darden School is rated the No. 1 full-time MBA “education experience” in the world.

“We at Darden focus everyday on creating the most transformational, high-engagement learning experience in the world for our students,” says Darden’s Dean Bob Bruner. “And we are delighted that the ranking has recognized the School for the experience that makes up its core, and as one of the world’s top MBA programs.”

Darden is also ranked in the Top Five for:

• Opening new career opportunities
    • Diversity of recruiters
    • Student assessment of career services
    • Personal development and educational experience
    • Faculty quality
    • Alumni effectiveness
    • Facilities

The Economist ranking surveys students and alumni and collects data from the business schools. The ranking covers four categories: opening new career opportunities (35 percent); personal development/educational experience (35 percent); increasing salary (20 percent); and the potential to network (10 percent). The publication collates hard data, such as salary and faculty qualifications and annual alumni giving, with subjective marks from the school’s students.

“The Economist’s method has been to ask students — some 250,000 over the years — about why they decided to take an MBA,” writes the paper, which publishes the results in its “Which MBA?” guide.

Visit color=#0066ccThe Economist website for full details.

אורי דרדן
    חבר

The Darden School of Business Admissions Office invites prospective students from Israel to join Sara Neher, Assistant Dean of Admissions, Katherine Alford, Assistant Director of Admissions, and Ilan Danieli, MBA '00 for a live chat. This is an opportunity to learn more about our Full-Time MBA program and student life at Darden!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011
    2:30 – 4:30 PM EST

The format of the chat will include one hour hosted by Admissions and one hour hosted by Darden alumni.

Join here:
    http://breeze.darden.virginia.edu/israel

To those of you who tried to participate in last week's chat, we aplogize for the issues with our technology. In preparation for next week's meeting, please use this link ( http://breeze.darden.virginia.edu/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm) to make sure Adobe Connect will work on your computer. We will also provide a toll free number for those who prefer to participate by phone.

snowbolster
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 26

אהלן אורי,

אתה יכול לכתוב בבקשה את השעות לפי ישראל, בגלל השינוי של השעון קיץ זה לא מובן כל כך.

אורי דרדן
    חבר

To: snowbolster

2:30 פה זה 20:30 בארץ הקודש נכון לעכשיו :)
    Or.R
    חבר

לפי סקר "פורבס", דארדן מדורג במקום השני בסקר שביעות רצון בוגרי MBA

קישור למאמר

Or.R
    חבר
    אורי דרדן
    חבר

Learn about the Darden experience firsthand from a current student.

Please join Ori Dekel of the Darden class
    of 2013 for coffee and conversation.

Tuesday, December 27
    7:00 – 9:00 PM

Max Brenner Coffee at Herzliyya Pituach
    Hamenofim 8 Herzliyya

RSVP to Ori Dekel by December 26.
    dekelo13 at
    darden.virginia.edu

There is no charge to attend this event.

אורי דרדן
    חבר

"No school is better at teaching MBAs than Darden."

We are delighted to inform you that two news articles published this morning recognize the Darden School for its superstar faculty and the consistently high quality of teaching over the past two decades.

According to a new study published today by the MBA website Poets & Quants, which will also be published by Fortune.com and CNN Money, Darden is the only business school to be in the top 20th percentile of MBA graduate satisfaction in teaching quality for 24 consecutive years. The study is based on the satisfaction surveys of BusinessWeek (now Bloomberg Businessweek) of more than 83,000 graduates since 1988. Darden leads the story Business Schools With the Best MBA Teaching Faculty by John Byrne, who launched BusinessWeek’s groundbreaking rankings of business schools in the 1980s.

http://poetsandquants.com/2012/02/24/business-schools-with-the-best-mba-teaching-faculty/

Byrne’s companion article Darden: Where Great Teachers Are Gods
    http://poetsandquants.com/2012/02/24/darden-where-great-teachers-are-gods/
    goes inside the classroom of Darden Professor Yiorgos Allayannis for a discussion of the case study “The Weekend That Changed Wall Street.”

“Only one school of all those surveyed over that 24-year span has scored in the top 20th percentile of teaching grades from graduating MBAs: the Darden School,” writes Byrne. “It is an extraordinary feat achieved through the ups and downs of economic cycles, ever-rising expectations and changing student attitudes.” Read more.

אורי ד
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

The Darden School of Business Admissions Office and the Israel Alumni Chapter
    invite prospective students to enjoy an evening of Darden hospitality!

Tuesday, 23 October 2012
    7:00 – 9:00 PM

Tel Aviv Hilton
    Independence Park
    Tel Aviv, Israel 63405

During the event, you will have the opportunity to learn about all three formats of the Darden MBA program
    (MBA, MBA for Executives and Global MBA for Executives) as well as time to speak with alumni about their experiences at Darden and beyond. Larry Becker, Associate Director of Marketing and Admissions, will be in attendance to address the group.

Refreshments and hors d'oeuvres will be served.

There is no charge to attend this event.

Dress: Business Attire

Please register on the event website by 16 October.

https://apply.darden.virginia.edu/register/?id=7f1d0c4c-c9cf-4f5b-85af-213c5fad9e95

אורי ד
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

To: אורי ד

The Economist released its 10th annual ranking of the top 100 international MBA programs and named the University of Virginia Darden School of Business the No. 3 business school in the world.

http://www.economist.com/node/21563793

מוצגות 47 תגובות – 101 עד 147 (מתוך 147 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.