Home פורומים Admissions Chat aringo Chat INSEAD MBA Chat

מוצגות 46 תגובות – 1 עד 46 (מתוך 46 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • mb108
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

Online MBA Chat with Ms. Johanna Hellborg, Head of MBA Admissions, INSEAD.

INSEAD is ranked as the leading business school in Europe. Upcoming application deadlines are 24/03 and 19/05.

This is your opportunity to learn about the school and to demonstrate your interest (and, yes, you can mention your participation in the essays…).

Time: Monday, March 15, at 19:00 Israel time.

Host: Gilam Levi of aringo.co.il

Reminder: you need to click "refresh" every few minutes to view the chat and it's progress.

Gilam – aringo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

In reply to mb108 from February 12 2004 on 10:18

Welcome all to the IIMBA-aringo INSEAD MBA Chat.

This Chat is sponsored by the Student Union at Ben Gurion University – welcome Ben Gurion students!

I particularly want to welcome:

Ms. Johanna Hellborg – Head of the Admission Committee, INSEAD

Christina Vincensini – Member of the Admission Committee, INSEAD

and,

Eyal Katzenstein – an Israeli MBA student at INSEAD.

You may refer your questions to any or all of them.

Gilam – aringo
    חבר

Please remember to click "REFRESH CHAT" (or press "F5" or refresh every few seconds), to see new posts.

Chat rules reminder:

1. Each forum member may post up to 50 messages and replies per chat. You may refer a question to any of the participants and may reply to their answers.

2. Posts are screened and are uploaded gradually. Therefore, you may see your post only after a while.

3. Preference is given to questions that use the member name over questions that are posted under "undisclosed member".

4. You may call the admission committee members by their first name (some people asked about this).

5. The chat is in English and lasts up to 60 minutes.

Gilam – aringo
    חבר

Thank you all for joining us today. This is your chance to ask questions about INSEAD's program, admissions policies, career opportunities, and student life.

Gilam – aringo
    חבר

Traditionally, let me open with the first question:

Johanna, you have been busy lately running an MBA Tour in Europe. How is demand for an MBA at INSEAD looking nowadays compared to previous years?

Gilam

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

In reply to Gilam – aringo from March 15 2004 on 19:08

Hi, Gilam!

We have already several questions, when can we ask them?

Johanna-INSEAD
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

In reply to Administrator from March 15 2004 on 19:10

we are on too on our side. Hello everyone !

ndolev
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

In reply to Gilam – aringo from March 15 2004 on 19:08

Christina , please explain us about INSEAD's training course .

Gilam – aringo
    חבר

In reply to AGUDA BGU from March 15 2004 on 19:13

You sure can, go ahead.

It seems that the site just failed due to heavy traffic?! Anyway, at least on my side it is back up, I hope we are not the only ones being able to view the chat…!

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

In reply to Johanna-INSEAD from March 15 2004 on 19:13

Hello, Johanna!

Our first question is:

Can the knowledge of French raise the chances of admission?

Johanna-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to Gilam – aringo from March 15 2004 on 19:13

Interest in our programme seems rather stable. I would say that the quality of our perspective candidates is very high.

Christina-INSEAD
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

In reply to ndolev from March 15 2004 on 19:14

Can you please clarify your question?

Johanna-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to AGUDA BGU from March 15 2004 on 19:15

You just need to know 2 languages before entering and 3 upon graduation, But French is not a + or a -.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

Does the institute offer any scholarship or any helping in fundings?

Johanna-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to AGUDA BGU from March 15 2004 on 19:17

INSEAD has some scholarships and they are all listed on our website. We have some merit based and some based on financial need. Some are also campus specific

עומר
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 49

hey everbody and thanks for the help

is there a possibility for a student who does not have an EU passport to get a job in Europe? how hard is this?

ndolev
    חבר

In reply to Christina-INSEAD from March 15 2004 on 19:17

How much time does it take to achieve an MBA at INSEAD ?

What's the learning method ? (test cases / lectures .. )

Special courses / training methods …

giladsch
    חבר

In reply to Gilam – aringo from March 15 2004 on 19:13

Hi Ms. Hellborg and Christina,

My name is Gilad, I'm a 31 years old projects manager in an Israeli engineering company, I worked for a year and a half in Paris, I participated in an orientation session in Fontainebleau and I'm highly interested in INSEAD's MBA program…

I wanted to know what would make THE difference in convincing you that my place in your program?

Thanks,
    Gilad

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

In reply to Johanna-INSEAD from March 15 2004 on 19:19

Are they open to Israeli students?

Eyal-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to עומר from March 15 2004 on 19:20

Hey Omer,
    In principle you can get a job in the EU without having a EU passport, you need to get a permit.
    I don't know the specifics, but it's possible.

Johanna-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to giladsch from March 15 2004 on 19:21

Gilad, First of all your English needs to be very good (no mistakes like in your question hum קורץ

We are looking for people who can bring something to the programme. You need to be honest and try to show all the sides of your personality and life. ie not only work. We want to know you as a person.

Christina-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to AGUDA BGU from March 15 2004 on 19:21

If you are referring to scholarships, all participants who have been accepted to the programme are eligible to apply. However, each scholarship has it's own criteria. I strongly encourage you to learn more on the website.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

In reply to Johanna-INSEAD from March 15 2004 on 19:17

How many semesters do we need to study to get the degree?

naamabur
    חבר

In reply to Johanna-INSEAD from March 15 2004 on 19:15

can u explain a little bit more about the program

Eyal-INSEAD
    חבר

Quote: תגובה להודעה של ndolev ב- March 15 2004 19:21

It takes either one-year (if you start at January) or 10 months (if you admitted to the September promotion). Any case it’s a very intense period.

The teaching method varies but usually consists of lectures and cases. Core courses usually have more lectures and electives have more cases, presentations and group projects.

I don’t know what you mean by “special” courses ….we do have a wine tasting course…J but it’s a student initiative that isn’t scored (unfortunately)…

Eyal-INSEAD
    חבר

Quote: תגובה להודעה של AGUDA BGU ב- March 15 2004 19:29

Too many…
    Kidding. It takes 5 periods (each is 2 month long).

naamabur
    חבר

In reply to Gilam – aringo from March 15 2004 on 18:59

hi my name is naama

i dont know alot about the program/ where can i get more knowledge?

Johanna-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to erez from March 15 2004 on 19:31

Wow it seems very personal ! But I want to warn you : I have already have a boyfriend !

Christina-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to naamabur from March 15 2004 on 19:30

The best way to learn more about the programme is to visit our website at http://www.insead.edu. 10 month prog. (5 periods/2 months each) with exams and breaks in between.

Gilam – aringo
    חבר

In reply to Johanna-INSEAD from March 15 2004 on 19:33

Johanna, to follow up on your comment of wanting to know the applicant beyond work – can you elaborate a bit more about what you want to know and what would make a "strong outside of work applicant"?

Gilam – aringo
    חבר

Another question if I may, one that interests many of the Israeli applicants.

Johanna, Christine, Eyal – can an INSEAD graduate coming from Israeli with no EU passport legally work in Europe after graduation? Can you clarify the visa terms a bit? For how long is it valid?

Johanna-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to Gilam – aringo from March 15 2004 on 19:39

It's not a matter of trying to find what makes you strong or not. We want to know who you are. Tell us about your interests/passions outside work (and while studying). Sports, arts, music etc. Do you do volunteering, do you party a lot, do you read a lot etc etc.

sinbellwin
    חבר

Hello,

After graduating from university…

What is the recommended path: work and community activities or if I have the grades – strait to the program? What about working abroad before?

Gilam – aringo
    חבר

In reply to Johanna-INSEAD from March 15 2004 on 19:42

Johanna, you mentioned the importance of presenting oneself clearly. Could you maybe share with us the most common mistake that you see Israeli applicants doing in their applications?

Christina-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to sinbellwin from March 15 2004 on 19:46

There is no recommended path. The best one is the one that suits you. Most importantly, we are looking for people who can contribute. Most often some work experience will help you bring something to the programme.

Christina-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to Gilam – aringo from March 15 2004 on 19:50

The most common mistakes made by applicants in general is not explaining gaps (leaving things unmentioned), trying to hide the truth (rather than being honest) and not proofreading before sending their applications.

Gilam – aringo
    חבר

In reply to Christina-INSEAD from March 15 2004 on 19:55

Thanks, Christina.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

If I don't get a merit scholarship, what are my options if I can't support financialy my studyings?

Eyal-INSEAD
    חבר

Quote: תגובה להודעה של Gilam – aringo ב- March 15 2004 19:40

Hi Gilam
    it’s a complicated issue…
    every country has its rules for issuing a work permit. usually, in order to get one you need to have a company that wants you or a good reason (your wife is European, for example).
    some of the companies that come to on-campus recruiting take care of it for you (like the big consulting companies) but most don’t have or don’t want to hassle with it. it could impact your chances of getting a job offer…
    some Countries have preferred occupations that have an advantage, like programmers and engineers…
    if you know a specific country you’re interested in working in, you could check its immigration policies through their ministry of internal affairs.

rah154
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

In reply to Christina-INSEAD from March 15 2004 on 19:55

hi , i wanted to know if there is an exchange program as well, that means, if you can go for a semester, and continue your studys later

sinbellwin
    חבר

What, in your opinion, are the most common paths that the program’s current students taken?
    (sorry for the spelling…)

Johanna-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to AGUDA BGU from March 15 2004 on 19:57

There are also the financial need ones such as the IAF Fund. Most of our studens will have saved most of the money needed. They also take loans within their country or family. Some manage also the get loans from the company they are working for.

Gilam – aringo
    חבר

Well, our allocated 1 hour is over so quickly! I apologize to all those whose questions were not posted or remained unanswered due to our time constraints.

Johanna, Christina and Eyal – thank you so much for taking the time to answer the questions from this side of the globe… you have done a wonderful job!

In the name of the Israeli International MBA Association, aringo, and all Israeli applicants, thank you.

Gilam

Johanna-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to rah154 from March 15 2004 on 19:59

Since our programme is a 10 month one, we don't do exchanges with other universities. We have a campus in Singapore and an alliance with Wharton. But you would not be able to group studies at INSEAD with your University

Eyal-INSEAD
    חבר

Quote: תגובה להודעה של sinbellwin ב- March 15 2004 20:00

do you mean career wise ?
    before or after INSEAD ?

Johanna-INSEAD
    חבר

In reply to Gilam – aringo from March 15 2004 on 20:04

Thank you ! This was a great initiative !

מוצגות 46 תגובות – 1 עד 46 (מתוך 46 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.