מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 343 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

Following in the footsteps of a very wise woman…

Or Tamir, MBA class of July 2008 @ INSEAD, would be happy to answer your questions about the process of getting into INSEAD and to share from his actual MBA experience (because getting in is just the first step, however unlikely it may seem while you're knee deep in the application process).

Feel free to post questions about whatever concerns you and/or whatever you want to know (Hebrew, English, it's all good…)

Good luck!

Or

ilanvag
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 157

To: epony

מאוד אהבתי את השורה הראשונה

Jonathan99
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 22

To: ilanvag

And here I thought, I was the only gay Israeli going to INSEAD?!

zivbaum
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 41

To: All

ha?
    ariell
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

First thank you for your time.
    My name is Ariel, 29 years old from Israel. I am currently working as a software engineering in an Israeli company who specializing in global campaigns in the internet. I have a 4 year experience in the high tech industry.
    My goal today is to boost my career toward management. The field that interests me the most is global strategy. I could say that I am coming from an international background as someone born and raised in France until the age of 7, traveled the world quit a bit and speaks four languages.
    Recently I have completed my GMAT exam (660) and I have just begun boosting my application process. I have narrowed my options to a few universities which I perceive as the dream team in the field of international MBAs.
    INSEAD is undoubtedly one of my top priorities.
    Unfortunately INSEAD doesn't hold for the moment any event in Israel, so I would like, with your help, to understand from your perspective what is your impression from the two years you spent at INSEAD ? In what way do you feel it has changed your life? And finally I would be happy to receive some sort of advice to help me with the application process, as what makes a candidate a potential student at INSEAD (besides a high score GMAT)?

Regards,
    Ariel.

ofek
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 121

To: ariell

Hi Ariel,

I'll be happy to help with your questions.
    Feel free to give me a call: 0544804424.

Cheers,

Amir

epony
    חבר

To: ariell

Ariel,

First of all, I'd like to make it clear that I've yet to spend my time in INSEAD, as I'm only starting the MBA program this August. I strongly recommend you take Amir up on his generous offer to share his INSEAD experience with you, as he'd completed his MBA studies at INSEAD about a year ago.

Second, be advised that INSEAD's MBA program is only 1 year long – I'm mentioning this because you asked about the 2 years spent in INSEAD, when in fact students spend only 1 year in INSEAD.

Third, I suggest that you go to the INSEAD website and review the school's Admission Requirements. You'll see that applications should be based on 4 major elements:

1. Intellectual Capacity – mainly as reflected by your undergraduate degree and GMAT scores. It's important to note that your GMAT score is just one of many factors in your overall application. However, it's important to INSEAD that your GMAT score is balanced (i.e. both Quantitative and Verbal score should be above the 75th percentile, which translates to a minimal score of 660 with a a Q45 V35 split). That said, the average GMAT score among INSEAD admits is approx. 700, so anything below that will probably need balancing out via other admission criteria

2. Professional Experience and Managerial Potential – mainly as reflected in your essays. You should emphasize and provide as much proof as possible regarding your professional and managerial strengths (but without coming across as being a cocky know-it-all who thinks too much of himself…) – In order to achieve this, try to prepare a detailed CV listing all you accomplishments and achievements starting in your military service and including any academic, community and job-related activities.

3. International Outlook – this seems to be one of your strengths, so don't hesitate to leverage on it in your essays (describing under what circumstances you traveled the world so extensively and gained knowledge in 4 different languages…)

4. Ability to Contribute to the INSEAD Experience – when push comes to shove, this is the most important aspect of your application! You must instill the notion in anyone who reads your essays that your are a truly unique individual, whose personal and professional experiences will be an invaluable resource for fellow students.

To summarize, you need to focus on the following key elements:

– Improve your GMAT score or provide mitigating data to counter your current score.

– Write down all of your activities and accomplishments in the areas of work, academia and the community. Afterwards, find a convincing (or better yet, compelling), cohesive story which will be the basis for your essays and will combine all of these achievements to single you out as a worthy addition to the school's student body.

– Build on your international exposure and experiences to further enhance your uniqueness and ability to contribute to the program and your fellow students, both during your studies and as an INSEAD alumnus.

Good Luck!

siska
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

Hey epony,

Opening a new topic like this is a great idea!

I applied in May for the 2nd round for January 2008 intake… the interview decision will be announced in a few days.

Hopefully, if all goes well, you can trust that I will be bombarding you with questions about the interviews.

But in the meantime- don't want to get ahead of myself…

Regards,
    Siska

epony
    חבר

To: siska

Good luck and bring it on!!!
    siska
    חבר

Epony,

As it seems… I can bombard you with questions about the interview!!
    I have many questions – I don't even know where to start…
    I still don't know who is doing my interview(s) but I suppose I'll get an email from them in the next week or so with the information…

So…
    Did you have 1 or 2 interviews?
    Did you send them the full application (+ essays) or just the first 6 pages?
    What questions did the interviewer ask?
    Was it a formal interview? or was it more relaxed?
    Did you use the Interview Prep offered by a certain company (the one that is mentioned a lot in this forum)?

Later on, I'll probably think of more questions…

Thanks,
    Siska

epony
    חבר

Congrats Siska!!!

Some answers to your questions:

• I had 2 interviews with INSEAD alumni. It takes about 2 weeks from the day you get the interview invite until you receive your interviewers' details…
    • I only sent the first 6 pages of my application. I don't think sending the entire application is a grave mistake, but I do think that it may rob you of some of your best susccess and failure stories.
    • The main questions were the usual suspects (Why MBA? Why INSEAD? Why now?) Another favorite is: "Walk me through your CV", with some emphasis on your last position and also on explaining how you got a promotion or why you quit a certain job. Other questions touched on entrepreneurship, academics (especially why you chose to pursue an undergraduate degree in your field of studies) and my expectations from INSEAD. Finally, at least 1 of the interviewers tried a little trick on me, where he asked a seemingly simple and general question, and afterwards "attacked" my answer – this is usually being done to see hoe you cope under pressure and if you are able to defend your original response while maintaining a respectful approach to others' opinions.
    • Both interviews were on the thin line between formal and casual, but the interviewers definitely tried to make me feel comfortable and ease the pressure. I think INSEAD does 2 interviews because usually 1 of the interviewers is more formal and tried to establish the candidate's professional and academic qualifications while the other interviewer will be more informal and focus on the candidate's fit with INSEAD.
    • I did 2-3 sessions of interview prep and found them to be eye opening albeit somewhat costly. That said, I would definitely do the interview prep again if I could turn back time – I think it really helped me focus on my messages and avoid common pitfalls.

Best of luck, and keep me posted..!

fritzy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

Hey Siska

I have also applied for the January 2008 intake of INSEAD.

I wondered around the forum after being disconnected for a long while and bumped into you. It was a very nice surprise since you are the first woman I heard of who applied for this intake except for me(: I guess there are more of us out there but I don't know any one of them.

Anyways, I would love to talk to you if that is fine with you (my number : 0544276666).

Hope to hear from you soon,

Yael

jhammer
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 68

לכל מי שצריך להגיש בקשה לויזה, הנה תרגום לאנגלית של הטפסים:
    בדקתי, ונראה שזה תרגום מדויק.
    RoyA
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Hi

My name is Roy, I'm a software engineer in a successful mobile-security start-up, I have a 710 Gmat and I'm applying to Insead, hoping to reach the October 2007 deadline(for September 2008 intake, btw, the only other school I'm applying to is Said, Oxford)

I started working on my application about 4 months ago, so I'm in pretty good shape, but could desparately use some help on a specific issue. I'm looking for an Insead alumni who can recommend some specific startegygeneral management courses heshe particularly enjoyedfound beneficial + a couple of words about each course.

All the best and tnx for your time

Roy

jhammer
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 68

בנושא המשלוחים, יש אפשרות להעביר חבילות של עד 20 ק"ג בדואר ישראל וזה מגיע תוך 2-3 ימי עסקים לצרפת. זה נקרא EMS וזה הלינק:

U http://web02.postil.com/emssys2.nsf/pages/PrivateCustomers?opendocument&mo=1/U

קצת יותר פרטים: לשלוח ארגז של 20 ק"ג עולה 330 ש"ח בערך. כל ארגז נוסף עולה 270 ש"ח. צריך להביא את הארגזים לכל סניף דואר. יש אפשרות לבטח את המשלוח ב-4.2 ש"ח ל-1000 שקל במשלוח.

נוה רובין
    חבר

Hello 2 u all.

I just did my first step in the MBA process. I have a little question- had any of you did the full gmat course in "kidum"? Is it good? Should i take a private teacher? By the way- i'll start the full process with Aringo at the begining of September.

Regards,

Naveh Rubin.

yochaios
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

To: נוה רובין

Hi Naveh

I've recently completed the full GMAT course of "Kidum"

I did the "700 club" course and a good friend of mine, with similer background, did the "regular" full course.

Feel free to contact me at: [email protected]

Yochai

siska
    חבר

To: fritzy

Yael,

Sorry for the delay I had a really busy week at work.
    I tried to call you, but you were unavailable, left my number in your voicemail.

You can always email me at [email protected]

Regards,
    Siska

siska
    חבר

Hello everyone,

So my 2 interviews were done today back to back, which made the day quite interesting but quite stressful as well.

I left both interviews feeling it could go either way…

The final decision notification is supposed to come through by August 31st. Does anybody know if Insead sticks to that day, or does it send the notifications earlier?

Good Luck to whoever still has to go through the interviews…

Siska

epony
    חבר

My personal experience has taught me that INSEAD does not stick to its deadlines, but in a good way…

Both interview and final decisions are sent out quite arbitrarily, on the week of the decision deadline.

For example, the R2 final decision deadline for the Septmber intake was on Friday, 16/3, but I actually got a call from the admissions office on Monday, 12/3!

That said, there's really no way to know how and when you'll receive the final decision, so I suggest focusing as much as possible (however unlikely) on anything but waiting by the phone and checking your email every 5 minutes.

Good Luck!

siska
    חבר

Hey Epony,

Actually didn't plan on checking my emails or phones… it's funny, I really feel relieved…. Now I know that it's (kinda) out of my hands

Just wondering for how long I will have some peace and quiet and try to make the most of whatever is left of my summer…

Thanks for the wishes and good luck to you too!

Siska

epony
    חבר

Siska,

Funnily enough, I felt the same way after my interviews too!

I clearly remember being much more nervous before the interview decision date than before the final decision date…

siska
    חבר

Hip Hip Hurray!!!

I can now add to my name "on the way to"… I have been accepted to Insead for the January 2008 intake… Got the phone call today.

Starting in Singapore (I think – forgot to ask the AdCom which campus… but that was my first preference…)

Anyone else? Please post… Would be most happy to meet my future class mates.

Good Luck to everyone,
    Siska

epony
    חבר

Congrats Siska!

I suggest you check out the INSEAD future students forum for signs of other Israelis – you'll also benefit from getting acquainted with some of your new classmates ;-)

Best of luck!!

Noam.S
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

Congratulations Siska!

I got the "Accepted" mail a week and a half ago, also starting in Singapore on Jan. 08'

Do you know other names Israelies who were addmited to INSEAD for Jan intake?

Let's keep in touch… my mail is noamshimo[email protected]

Noam

LBS_hopeful
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 142

To: orie

כל הכבוד, חברים.

orie
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

To: LBS_hopeful

בקרוב אצלך (-:
    epony
    חבר

ה ל ל ו י ה

orie
    חבר

תודה תודה לכולכם!

ואיפוני- מחכים לפגישה שאתה מארגן. עכשיו אפילו יותר מתמיד (-:

LBS_hopeful
    חבר

א-מ-ן…

מגיעים סופסוף ליישורת האחרונה…

מה שכיף זה שאני פלוס מינוס סגור כבר על הכל. לונדון פרסמו (בשעה טובה) והחיבורים ממש דומים לשנה שעברה, ובשאר האונ' אני כבר סגור מזמן…

נשאר רק להגיש… איזה כיף…. :)

מתי אתם יוצאים לסינגפור?
    מתכננים מעבר לפונטנבלו באיזשהו שלב?

orie
    חבר

אנחנו טסים עוד שלושה שבועות לניו זילנד. מתכננים 3 חודשים טיול, ואח"כ ישר לסינגפור בלי לעצור בארץ.

אם הכל יראה על פי התוכניות, כנראה שבסמסטר השלישי נעבור לפונטי, לקראת חיפושי העבודה (וההתמחות) באירופה.

נראה לי עם כל ההכנות שלך, תוך שבוע אתה מסיים להגיש הכל (-:

LBS_hopeful
    חבר

וואוו, איזה תענוג….

לצערי (ובעיקר לצערה של הזוגית) אנחנו לא נספיק לטייל יותר משבועיים ברציפות לפני תחילת הלימודים…

מקווים לתפוס קצת חו"ל תו"כ.

אני קצת מתלבט אם להגיש ברגע שהכל מוכן או להמתין ולהתקרב קצת לדדליין. ברור שאם אני לא מתכנן לשנות, עדיף כבר להגיש… אבל תמיד יכולים להיות תיקונים קטנים…

אני אשתדל להגיש שבועיים לפני הדדליין, ואשאיר מספיק זמן לממליצים שלי למלא את המלצותיהם…

אלעד.

orie
    חבר

שיהיה המון בהצלחה!

אם אתה צריך עזרה או ייעוץ- רק תגיד (-:

LBS_hopeful
    חבר

מגניב…

תישארו מחוברים בניו-זילנד, אה?

orie
    חבר

בוודאי (-:
    AmitBiz
    חבר

To: hawawinig

Hi,

I am currently preparing my apllication for INSEAD, I would love to ask you some questions if possible.
    My E-mail is: maimo[email protected] or you can leave me a message here.

Thanks in advance,

Amit Maimon

AmitBiz
    חבר

To: brs057

Ronen Hi,
    It's great to hear you were accepted, I was wondering if I can ask you some questions about your experience so far.
    My E-mail is: maimo[email protected] or you can leave me a message here.
    Thanks in advance,
    Amit Maimon
    AmitBiz
    חבר

To: Anchor

היי,

אני מגיש מועמדות ל – INSEAD ואשמח לשאול כמה שאלות.

קטע מצחיק, אני קורא את הפרופיל שלך ורואה דמיון לשלי, אבל דמיון ממש מוזר עד כדי כך שגם אני קיבלתי 710 ב- GMAT וגם אני הייתי תצפיתן בחייל המודיעין.

בכל אופן אשמח לשוחח איתך,

עמית מימון

maimo[email protected]

epony
    חבר

To: AmitBiz

Hi Amit,

If you feel that other people might benefit from the answers to your questions, please post them in the forum.

If however you feel that your questions are more personal, you are more than welcome to email me at:

epony

at

hotmail

dot

com

Best of luck!

Liati
    חבר

Anyone planning on attending the in-house session in Fontainebleau on Sep. 26?

(I'll be there)

epony
    חבר

To: Liati

I suggest you also email [email protected], and ask them if they have any other Israelis on the attendees list. Make sure you also ask them for the curenrt Israeli students' emails, and to make sleeping arrangements in the Fontainebleau area, so that you can enjoy that weekend's party/parties with all the students ;-)

Enjoy your visit!

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

היי לכולם,

אני בפנים! התקבלתי למחזור ינואר 09 באינסאד. אני וארוסתי (צריך להתרגל לתואר, זה קרה השבוע :)) נתחיל בסינגפור ומתכננים לעבור משם לפונטנבלו. אנחנו גרים בסן פרנסיסקו, אבל נגיע לארץ לקראת סוף השנה, ונשמח לפגוש אחרים שמתחילים באחד הקמפוסים. האם למישהו יש רשימה שמית של הישראלים שבדרך?

הכתובת שלי היא [email protected]

עמית

epony
    חבר

To: agolan

עמית,

דבר ראשון מזל טוב ושיהיה המון בהצלחה!!!

שנית, לגבי רשימה של מתקבלים, צריך לזכור שעוד יש שני סיבובי קבלה כך ששום דבר עוד לא סגור… מה שכן, אתה יכול לעשות חיפוש לפי מדינת המוצא באתר המתקבלים שאליו אתה אמור לקבל גישה בקרוב (אם עוד לא קיבלת…)

ממה שאני רואה באתר הנ"ל, עוד לא עידכנו את כל השמות של המתקבלים מ-R2, אבל כבר יש 10 ישראלים (כולל אותך ;-) שכבר רשומים שם, מהם עוד בנאדם אחד חוץ ממך מתחיל בסינגפור (אבל סביר להניח שייתווספו אליכם עוד כמה ישראלים בקרוב מאוד…)

חזק ואמץ, שא ברכה וכה לחי ;-)

נ.ב. אם אתה ממש לחוץ על רשימת שמות ומיילים, שלח לי מייל…

epony

at

hotmail

dot

com

Anchor
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

To: AmitBiz

עמית,

סליחה על התשובה המאוחרת, הלימודים פה התחילו ואין שנייה לנשום.

שלח לי מייל ל- [email protected] ואשתדל לענות תוך פרק זמן סביר!

orie
    חבר

To: agolan

הי עמית,

קודם כל- ברכות (-:

אורי (החבר שלי) ואני התקבלנו גם בסיבוב השני, ואנחנו מתחילים בסינגפור בינואר.

בדקנו באתר, וכרע מופיעים 14 ישראלים, מהם 5 מתחילים בסינגפור.

אנחנו עוזבים את הארץ בקרוב, אז לא נספיק להפגש לפני, אבל נשמח לפגוש אתכם בסינגפור.

אתה מוזמן להיות בקשר במייל: [email protected]

איילת

epony
    חבר

חברים,

אני מצטער להודיע שהשמועות על אירוע של INSEAD היו מוקדמות, ובעוונותינו לא הצלחנו לארגן משהו ברמה שלה אתם ראויים.

עם זאת, סביר להניח שבקרוב יתחילו להציף את אתרי האיטרנט פרסומות לכנס MBA שייערך בת"א בתחילת אוקטובר, וכמובן של-INSEAD תהיה שם נציגות, רק שלצערי אני כבר אהיה בלונדון עד אז…

בכל אופן, שיהיה בהצלחה לכולם, וכמובן שאתם תמיד יכולים להגיב כאן עם שאלות ובקשות הקשורות ל-INSEAD.

בהצלחה!

epony
    חבר

לאחרונה מצאתי את עצמי עונה למתעניינים על כמה שאלות חוזרות בנוגע לתכנית ה-MBA של INSEAD. לכן, החלטתי לפרסם את עיקרי התשובות הנפוצות כאן:

• הלימודים ב-INSEAD אורכים 10 חודשים, ומחולקים לחמישה Periods בני חודשיים כל אחד, הממוספרים P1-P5.
    • ל-INSEAD שני מחזורי לימודים חופפים, האחד מתחיל בסוף אוגוסט ומסתיים בסוף יוני, והשני מתחיל בינואר ומסתיים בדצמבר, כולל חופשת קיץ ביולי-אוגוסט המאפשרת לתלמידי מחזור זה לעשות התמחות קיץ. בכל מחזור כזה לומדים כ-450 תלמידים מכ-80 מדינות שונות, מה שהופך את INSEAD לאחד מבתיה"ס הכי בינלאומיים בעולם.
    • הלימודים כוללים 13 קורסי חובה המתפרשים על-פני P1-P3, ומינימום 10.5 קורסי בחירה המתפרשים של P3-P5.
      ה-0.5 אפשרי הודות להיצע גדול של "מיני-קורסים". ניתן לקחת עד 12.5 קורסי בחירה ללא תשלום נוסף למי שלא מוכן לבחור בין שני קורסים שהוא מאוד רוצה לקחת ;-)
    • ב-INSEAD אין "התמחויות" כגון פיננסים, שיווק וכיו"ב. אין "מסלולים" של קורסי בחירה שחייבים לקחת, ויש בסה"כ רק 2 קורסי בחירה שיש להם דרישה מוקדמת של קורס בחירה אחר. ביה"ס מציע למעלה מ-80 קורסי בחירה, את כולם ניתן לראות (כולל סילבוסים מפורטים) באתר הבא: https://insidemba.insead.edu/courses (כדי לראות את רשימות הקורסים יש ללחוץ על הלינקים ל-P3/P4/P5 Electives).
    • במהלך הלימודים אפשר לעבור מהקמפוס של INSEAD בצרפת לקמפוס בסינגפור ולהיפך. כמו-כן, אפשר לבלות Period אחד ב-Wharton. המועמדים נדרשים לבחור באיזה מהקמפוסים (צרפת או סינגפור) הם מעדיפים להתחיל את התכנית, אך לאחר P2 (דהיינו לאחר 4 חודשים) הם חופשיים לעבור מקמפוס לקמפוס כמה שירצו. כ-75% מכלל הסטודנטים בוחרים באופציה של חילופי קמפוסים במהלך שנת הלימודים.
      90% מהקורסים מועברים בשני הקמפוסים במקביל, וההבדלים הם בעיקר בסביבה, כך שמרבית הסטודנטים בוחרים לעבור מקמפוס לקמפוס למטרות העמקת רשת הקשרים שלהם באירופה או אסיה או פשוט בשל העדפות אישיות הקשורות למזג האוויר (יש כאלה שמעדיפים לעשות סקי באלפים בחורף, ויש כאלה שמעדיפים לבלות כל סופשבוע על חופי מדינה אסייתית אחרת… ;-)
    kerenz
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 74

לכל החברים,

ב-5 באוקטובר יתקיים כנס של בתי הספר השונים במלון שרתון בת"א. אני אהיה שם לכל שאלה/תהייה/הבהרה בנוגע לאינסיאד :-)

אשמח לראותכם,

קרן

avim
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 48

http://myroadofyellowbrick.blogspot.com/2008/09/insead-application-sent-yesterday.html

OK, So 7 months after I typed the first word of the first essay, I've finally made some last minute changes and sent my application to INSEAD. I must admit that it was the scariest "submit" button I've ever clicked on…

Of course I had to do some things in the last minute, like realizing that I had to send Official Grade Transcripts by the post and not via email. I hope it gets there before Oct. 1st which is the deadline for the first round of admissions.

In addition to that, I passed the TOEFL only 10 days ago and didn't receive the scores yet. This sucks and I hope that admissions will review my app for R1 even though they don't have the scores yet.

I hate waiting but I guess I have no otherchoice. The date for the interview decision is Nov. 7. Will keep you updated.

Good luck to all applicants!

avim
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 48

יש מישהו שהגיש אפליקיישין לספטמבר 2009?

אני שלחתי את שלי בתחילת השבוע,יומיים לפני הדדליין. כרגע עדיין לא קיבלתי את תוצאות ה- TOEFL ואני מקווה שהן יגיעו בזמן בשביל שהמועמדות שלי תבחן ב- R1.

עוד מישהו כאן מחכה ל-7 בנובמבר בשביל לשמוע אם הוא מוזמן לראיון?

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 343 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.