מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 343 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • tzachhh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

To: epony

Hi Epony,

Thank you for your answer.

I got 37 (V) and 43 (Q), I'm traveling all over the world in my job, In the last 3 year I have been in 40 countries, and work with executive managers ( Merck, Abbot, Johnson & Johnson etc).

I born in Hong Kong (due to my father job) and move to US till I was 17. so I have English mother tongue. with American citizenship.

I 'm afraid that INSEAD looking only on GMAT score (although they said it only one factor).

Do you think this is better approaching in R1(Jan 2010) or R3 this year ( Sep 2009) ?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Tzach

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

To: tzachhh

Tzach,

Considering your GMAT score breakdown, with both of your section scores are over the 70th percentile mark, I don't really see an issue with your GMAT. That being said, you might be better off if you're able to somehow show that you can handle maths on the MBA level (but there's not much harm done if you can't think of anything else…) If you're very keen on curbing this "risk", you could consider taking a Finance or Statistics course in the Open University (and acing it ;-)…

INSEAD is most definitely NOT focused solely on your GMAT. In fact, given your extensive international exposure, current role (incl. the related brand names ;-) and academic track record, I would argue that your GMAT probably won't really come into play. Obviously, this depends on the caliber of other Israeli candidates in the coming year, but I wouldn't be overly concerned with it if I were you.

If you don't have a strong preference to starting school in September, then you should probably opt for R1 over R3. If you feel like you would deliver an even better application if you waited till R2, you'd probably be better off for that too…

Best of luck!

dantonov
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

Hi Epony,

Thanks for much appreciated answers :)

Wanted to ask if you took the exchange period in Wharton or know someone who did. If yes, what the impression of it? Did it have any added value over another period in INSEAD? Like, more employment opportunities were presented to you that you did have the chance to get in INSEAD, developed relevant networking, contribution to your resume (studied in Wharton/3 countries) and etc.

Thanks
    epony
    חבר

To: dantonov

Dan,

I personally did not take advantage of the Wharton exchange option. However, I know quite a few people who did, including 1 Israeli from my year (who used to frequent this forum as well…)

Send me an email and I'll try to put you in touch with him.

All the best!

epony

at

hotmail

dot

com

dantonov
    חבר

To: All

Hi,

I would like to ask a question regarding the essays. Every Q&A chat that I read recently, I understood that the admission committees are really looking for the personal characteristics of the applicant to be shown in the essays, therefore they advise also to use humour (if you have one) and personal stories.
    On the other hand I read from forums, specializing in analyses of essays, to write them really concise and to give ample of examples that will establish your experience (rather than just writing subjectively) and promote admission drivers.
    My question is what’s true? For example, I see that INSEAD is really proud on the percentage of its graduates that changed their working field, but on the other hand everybody (including the adcom) say that your essays will be stronger if you show consistency in your career path and say that you are planning to be the future CEO of some major global company in the field you are working in now (simplified example).
    In which essays can you show your character more (characteristics such as humour, inquisitiveness, cultural awareness) rather than focusing on your achievements? Specifically I would ask, can I relate to these characteristics, that I mentioned above, in “description of yourself” essay or overall it is still better to promote you admissions drivers (as leadership and smarts) per se in this essay as well.

Thanks,

Dan

epony
    חבר

Dan,

Humor can be a double-edged sword, and I would be extremely careful about using it in application essays.

Personal anecdotes are definitely the key to just about all applicaiton essays, as they help paint a picture of you and your life and work experience. Writing subjectively is a one way ticket to being rejected, and you should avoid it as a general principle.

As for the significant differences between what a good application would say and what the school says about its graduates, this is common to just about all schools, not just INSEAD, and it has a lot to do with the 2-3 years in between applying and graduating… As an applicant, what you need to convince the school of most are your unique contribution to the class and your high degree of "employability". Essays that reflect more on you as a person relate to the former, while essays that pertain to career goals, for example, relate to the latter.

With regard to the INSEAD essays, the best ones to address your personality are Personal Essays (i.e. not the two 250 word job-related essays) numbers 1 and 5. Personal essays numbers 2 and 3 can also feature personal traits and characteristics (to an extent).

Here are some good analyses of the INSEAD essay questions:

Best of luck!

Uri1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

Hey Dan,

I am also applying to J10 R1, and visited the fonty campus last week.

I would like to exchage insights with you, if you want to contact me –

uri

dot

meirovich

at

gmail

dot

com

ic09
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

To: epony, All

שלום לכולם,

רציתי לדעת האם בהגשה לאינסיאד צריך לשלוח בדואר את הציון ב – GMAT או שההודעה מפירסון ישירות אליהם מספיקה.

תודה!

dantonov
    חבר

To: ic09, All

Hi,

Some QA with an official in INSEAD, maybe it can answer or clear doubts to someone. Her contact details bellow.

1. Can I send supporting documents (3rd recommendation, grade transcripts before I submit my application online? I will probably submit it one day before the deadline; therefore I can't send them after. If it's not possible, can I fax them and my application will be reviewed after they arrive? Of course you can send your documents separately and before you submit the application. Simply make sure that everything is complete at the application deadline.
    2. How long before I apply online should I take the GMAT exam? I know that you don't wait for the official score to start reviewing the application, so theoretically I can take the exam on the day I send you my online application? Same question about the TOEFL exam. Yes, you may take the GMAT and TOEFL on the day of the application deadline if you like. You should then fax the unofficial test score which you should receive immediately after the test to +33 (0)1 60 72 44 46 as this will be sufficient for the AdCom to start reviewing your application.
    3. Third recommendation – Should it be sent by the recommender himself or he can give it to me in a sealed envelope and I will send it? Generally, we do not encourage third recommendations as in most cases the two required recommendations are all the AdCom needs to assess your profile. If you believe that a third recommendation would really add more value, you may send it in a sealed envelope together with your other documents.

Christine MANIPUR

[email protected]

Marketing Officer, MBA & EMBA Programmes

Tel: +65 6799 5123 Fax: +65 6799 5499

epony
    חבר

To: ic09

ic09,

ההודעה ישירות מפירסון מספיקה.

במקרה שאתה חושש שמא ההודעה לא תגיע לפני הדדליין, אתה יכול לפקסס ל-INSEAD את הדו"ח הלא-רשמי שאתה מקבל במרכז הבחינות עם סיום ה-GMAT.

עוד פרטים אפשר למצוא ב-http://www.insead.edu/mba/admissions/checklist.cfm (תחת הכותרת Supporting Documentation).

בהצלחה!

ic09
    חבר

תודה!
    dantonov
    חבר

Hi Epony,

Do you know if it is possible to start studies in Sep 10 if you are accepted to Jan 10 with out submitting another (new) application? If yes, should you give a really good reason why you want to do that? What reason is acceptable? Do you need to pay the non refundable admission fee (5K Euros) to secure your place?

Thanks,

Dan
    epony
    חבר

Dan,

Generally speaking, the answer is negative. INSEAD (and just about any other school out there) does not allow for deferrals unless truly exceptional circumstances prevail. Deferral requests are to be made in writing and reviewed on a case by case basis.

Paying the non-refundable tuition deposit guarantees you your place in the promotion you applied to. I don't know what would happen to it if you asked for a deferral.

I recommend that you contact Gilam with this question as he may know more on the issue of deferral.

Best of luck!

dantonov
    חבר

thanks

dantonov
    חבר

Hi,

I have been to INSEAD session this week (in Manila, not in Israel). Except the general marketing that you hear in any similar session, there was also interesting info that was presented, which I want to share with you.
    Until now the only 63% of the class that finished in December 2008 secured a job.
    Moreover, a lot of them had to settle for the position, salary and etc. Some even
    went back to their previous employer, when it wasn’t their initial intention.
    There was a rise in 20% in applications for Sep 2009. This rise expected to be lower for the January 2010 intake (but no actual data so far).
    I guess that the stats for other schools are grim as well.

Dan
    epony
    חבר

Dantonov,

From what I know, the 63% figure is 2 months old and probably referes to the rate students with at least one job offeres at hand by graduation. The corresponding number last year was 79%, with an additional 13% reporting having received a job offer within 3 months of graduation.

The rise in applications is far from surprising, and this has been experienced across all top MBA programs. Keep in mind that the INSEAD Sep 2009 intake was larger than the previous promotion by about 7%, so this increase was only partially detrimental to any one applicant's chances to gain admission into the school.

ic09
    חבר

שלום לכולם,

בימים אלו אני מגיש בקשה לאינסיאד ויש לי מספר שאלות טכניות.

1. האם תוצאות הטופל וה – GMAT נשלחות באופן אוטומטי לבית הספר? ניתן להניח כמובן שהוספתי את בית הספר לרשימה לפני הבחינה.

2. האם למעט גיליון הציונים נידרש לשלוח עוד משהו לבית הספר?

תודה מראש על העזרה

epony
    חבר

ic09,

אכן, הדבר היחיד שאתה אמור עקרונית לשלוח בדואר רגיל הוא גליון הציונים שלך.

כל שאר החומר נכלל בצורה כזאת או אחרת באפליקיישן האלקטרוני, וכמובן שאם ציינת את הקודים בנכונים במהלך ה-TOEFL וה-GMAT, אזי הציונים שלך יגיעו ישירות אל ביה"ס. אם אתה לא בטוח שהם יגיעו בזמן, אתה יכול לפקסס את תדפיסי הציונים הלא-רשמיים שקיבלת בתום הבחינות ישירות אל ביה"ס.

הנה לינק לרשימת כל הפריטים שיש להעביר לביה"ס כחלק מהאפליקיישן: http://www.insead.edu/mba/admissions/checklist.cfm.

בהצלחה!

ic09
    חבר

תודה על התשובה המהירה. אתה עושה פה פשוט עבודת קודש :)

שאלה נוספת – איך מחושב הממוצע באינסיאד? 100 = 4?

תודה!

epony
    חבר

עד כמה שזכור לי אפשר להכניס לאפליקיישן גם ציון באחוזים (זה מה שאני עשיתי בכל אופן) ולא רק GPA לפי התקן האמריקאי.

אם אתה מתכוון לציונים ש-INSEAD מחלקת במהלך תכנית הלימודים, אז הם עקרונית על סולם של 1-4, אבל הם מוכפפים לעקומת התפלגות סטטיסטית נורמלית.

בהצלחה!

Uri1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

איפוני שלום,

קודם כל אני מצטרף להערכה הרבה על העזרה, תודה רבה.

האם אוכל לשלוח לך מייל עם שאלה בנושא אחד החיבורים?

תודה רבה,

אורי מאירוביץ'

epony
    חבר

To: Uri1

כמובן ;-)

epony

ב

hotmail

נקודה

com

sneed1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

כן אפשר להכניס באחוזים
    lookingformba
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

יש משהו שלא ברור לי באפליקיישן של INSEAD –

בשביל מה לכל הרוחות הם צריכים את התמונה שלי בשלב של הגשת האפליקיישן? מה, הם בוחרים מועמדים גם לפי מראה חיצוני?

נשגב מבינתי…

epony
    חבר

To: lookingformba

אולי הם רוצים להיות בטוחים שאת מי שאת אומרת שאת כשאת מגיעה לראיון ;-)
    gal523
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 40

הי לכולם,

שאלה לאיפוני ולשאר הסטודנטים באינסאד – עד כמה להערכתכם המעסיקים האמריקאיים מעריכים את קבלת התואר מאינסאד? האם היא נחשבת נחותה באופן משמעותי ממקבילותיה האמריקאיות בטופ 5 או טופ 7 בקרב המעסיקים שם? האם חברות שמחפשות מראש השמה בארצות הברית בלבד או בעיקר בכלל הגיעו לקמפוס כדי לגייס? ושאלה אחרונה (כי אני מתחיל לשים לב שיש הרבה.. ) האם להערכתכם השתתפות התוכנית החילופים בוורטון מגבירה משמעותית את היכולת של בוגר אינסאד לעבוד בארצות הברית לאחר מכן?

תודה,

גל

epony
    חבר

To: gal523

גל,

החשיפה של INSEAD בארה"ב אינה מאוד "יציבה". בוא נאמר שבחברות גדולות, בפרט אם הן בינ"ל ועל אחת כמה וכמה אם יש בהן נוכחות של בוגרי INSEAD, המודעות למותג גבוהה משמעותית מבחברות קטנות ו/או מקומיות. ראוי לציין שב-INSEAD מודעים מאוד לכך ולראיה הם פתחו שלוחה בניו-יורק שמטרתה העיקרית היא הגדלת המודעות האמריקאית למותג.

כמה וכמה חברים שלי מהמחזור (כולל ישראלי אחד) מצאו עבודה בארה"ב בתום הלימודים במגוון תחומים כגון פארמה, היי-טק וכיו"ב. מצד שני, יש לי חבר טוב (אמריקאי) שחזר לקליפורניה ועדיין (חצי שנה מאוחר יותר) מחפש עבודה (אבל בינינו, הוא גם מחפש את עצמו…), וכבר התלונן באזני כבר כמה פעמים שלהרבה מעסיקים מקומיים אין מושג מה זה INSEAD. עוד נתון שכדאי לקחת בחשבון הוא שבסופו של דבר, פחות מ-10% מהבוגרים בכל שנה עוברים לעבוד בארה"ב.

אני לא זוכר באופן ספציפי חברות שחיפשו לגייס בקמפוס אך ורק לתפקידים בארה"ב. מה שבד"כ רואים בקמפוס אלה חברות בינ"ל שמציעות מגוון מאוד רחב של תפקידים בכל הסניפים הרלוונטיים שלהן בעולם… תחשוב על זה ככה: אם חברה מחפשת מועמדים מתכניות MBA לתפקידים בארה"ב, למה לנסוע לצד השני של העולם בשביל כמה מאות סטודנטים ב-INSEAD, כאשר אפשר בקלות יחסית לאתר כמה אלפי סטודנטים בתכניות המובחרות למנע"ס בארה"ב עצמה?

לתכנית החילופים עם וורטון מבחינת מציאת עבודה בארה"ב יש כמה יתרונות: ראשית, יש לך גישה ישירה לשירותי הקריירה של וורטון. שנית, יש לך גישה לחברות שמגיעות לקמפוס בזמן שאתה שם. שלישית, יש לך גישה לסטודנטים ה-"מקומיים". רביעית, אתה באמריקה: יהיה לך הרבה יותר קל ליצור קשר עם חברות בעצמך. חמישית, אתה יכול לשים את וורטון על ה-CV (מה שבהחלט מקל על החדירה לשוק העבודה האמריקאי..!)

בסופו של דבר, עם כל הרצון הטוב, שאם אתה נעול על ארה"ב אחרי הלימודים, אין לך לעניות דעתי מה לבוא ל-INSEAD. אתה תרוויח הרבה יותר מבחינת חשיפה לתרבות, חברות ואנשים רלוונטיים אם תעשה MBA בארה"ב. פשרה סימפטית יכולה אולי להיות להתקבל לוורטון ולעשות את תכנית ה-Exchange לכיוון השני (מוורטון ל-INSEAD…)

בהצלחה!

Anchor
    חבר

לכל אלו ששוקלים להגיש לאינסאד,

הלינק הנ"ל – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG_KYlpHs40 ייתן לכם מושג לגבי החוויה החברתית והאופי של בית הספר.

אין צורך במילים נוספות…

:-)

yifthahs
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 27

To: Anchor

אהלן

הגשתי מועמדות בסיבוב הראשון למחזור ינואר 2010.

הזימון לראיון הוא עד סוף אפריל. האם כבר מישהו קיבל פנייה מבית הספר? אני עדיין לא (ומפלס הלחץ מתחיל לעלות…)

יפתח

epony
    חבר

To: yifthahs

יפתח,

קח נשימה עמוקה…

כמו ברוב בתי הספר, גם ב-INSEAD נוטים שלא לשחרר החלטות אלא ממש בסמוך לתאריך המוצהר. בד"כ מדובר ביום שישי, כך שאפשר באמת להתחיל להילחץ רק החל ביום שני שבאותו השבוע.

במקרה שלך, אני ממליץ על אובדן חושים בתוך חג הפסח הבא עלינו לטובה. עם תום החג, אתה מוזמן להיכנס לחרדות לקראת מועד ההחלטה על הראיונות (שחל ב-30 באפריל).

חג שמח!

epony
    חבר

כמה שינויים במחלקת השיווק של INSEAD הניבו מספר יוזמות מעניינות (ומשעשעות) בחודשים האחרונים:

feigin
    חבר

Hey guys
    I am now in the process of trying to figure out to which schools I want to apply. I am currently employed in the hi-tech industry and my goal is to return to this industry after the MBA. Do you think INSEAD will help me reach this goal?

Thanks in advance,
    Eli.
    d1l
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

היי לכולם,

עוד מישהו הגיש מועמדות לינואר 2010? קיבל פניה? עבר ראיון?

sagib
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

epony, לקחתי את ההצעה שנתת ליפתח, תודה!
    כעת שתם אובדן החושים הגיע זמן לחרדות, מקווה שאכן יתקבלו תשובות (בתקווה חיוביות) עד ה-24 – יום שישי האחרון בחודש.

בנוסף, רציתי לשאול האם גם קבלת ההחלטה הסופית ניתנת בד"כ בסמוך ככל הניתן למועד האחרון האפשרי (5 ביוני)?

תודה,
    שגיא

epony
    חבר

To: feigin

The answer is "yes, but…"

"Yes", since of the 17 Israelis who graduated from INSEAD in my promotion, about half orginally came from the high-tech industry, and just about all of them returned to that industry, although in significantly different capacities. Another quarter or so of the original 17 graduates are now in the telecom and bio-tech industries (both quite close to high-tech…)

"But", because your mileage may vary… INSEAD (and for that matter any elite MBA program) opens so many doors for you, that you just might find yourself looking for a position in another industry following your MBA studies. Moreover, given the economic turmoil of the past couple of years, you should probably take into account that some of these people didn't necessarily have high-tech as their highest career priority post-MBA.

Anyway, if you have a plan and you're going to stick to it, it's definitely possible to go back to high-tech after attending INSEAD!

Best of luck!

feigin
    חבר

Hey Epony,

Thanks for the answer. I found it very reassuring because I am seeing mostly financial guys doing MBA. :)

Thanks

yifthahs
    חבר

אני עדיין לא קיבלתי כלום

שאני בודק באתר את המועמדות שלי אני רואה שהם עוד ממתינים לכסף….מה נסגר איתם?

בהחלט שבועיים מתוחים צפויים

יפתח

epony
    חבר

feigin,

I don't know where you got your stats from but when it comes to INSEAD, only 20% of the student body comes from a Finance background, 50% come from an Industry background, and 27% come from a consulting background…

Best of luck!

ic09
    חבר

שלום לכולם,

נקבע לי ראיון ויש לי שאלה, שאולי תשמע טיפה מוזרה. מכיוון שהראיון נקבע בבית קפה, רציתי לדעת מה הנוהג בכל הקשור לתשלום. אני לא רוצה שיהיו דקות מביכות בסוף הראיון.

תודה!

epony
    חבר

שאלה מעולה!

בינינו, אין ממש חוקים, אבל אני מבין את הדילמה. גם אני עברתי סיטואציה דומה וכל מה שיש לי להגיד זה שתזמין משהו סביר, ותבוא עם מספיק מזומן כדי לכסות על עצמך. יש מצב שהמראיין יציע לשלם עליך, ואני אישית הייתי מסרב בנימוס בהתחלה ונכנע רק אם הוא ממש מתעקש. בכל מקרה, יחידה מכל סוג של 5/10/20 ש"ח צריכה לכסות על לאטה כפול ארוך לא משנה לאיזה בית קפה הולכים (ואם הראיון מתארך, אולי כדאי להסתפק במים אחרי הקפה הראשון …)

בהצלחה!

yifthahs
    חבר

קיבלתי זימון לראיון !

יפתח

ic09
    חבר

תודה על התשובה, איפוני.

שאלה נוספת – בשלב השאלה למראיין, יש למישהו רעיון לשאלה מקורית? נראה לי שזאת ההזדמנות להראות קצת יצירתיות בראיון, לא?

תודה מראש

Anchor
    חבר

תודה על הסבלנות, הוידאו של INSEAD DASH 2009 זמין ביו-טיוב.

זה הקמפוס בסינגפור, זאת האוירה, אלו האנשים. תהנו…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIiEulq3oRY

epony
    חבר

לכל אלה מכם שאינם מעריצים של INSEAD ב-Facebook (עדיין…), הנה טעימה ויזואלית מתכנית ה-MBA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BfVOXDDmEw

epony
    חבר

להפתעתי, יש לא מעט חומר מבית היוצר של INSEAD ב-YouTube, רשמי ולא רשמי… הנה משהו (רשמי) שיעניין את מי שנאבק באפליקיישן בימים אלה:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BD3xmVMQQM

epony
    חבר

בהצלחה לכל כוססי הציפורניים שמחכים לתשובה סופית מ-INSEAD לגבי קבלתם מהסיבוב הראשון לכיתה של דצמבר 2010!
    yifthahs
    חבר

אוף – קיבלתי WL. סתם עוד כמה שבועות של מתח.

יפתח

sagib
    חבר

Where are all the shiny happy people?
    Two days have passed since the final decision notification date but nobody posted that they have received the good news.

Yiftah, best of luck on the waitlist.

yifthahs
    חבר

To: sagib

אני בהחלט אשמח לשמוע על כאלו שהתקבלו ומשום מה מתחרטים…

אם למישהו יש "טיפ של אלופים" איך יוצאים מרשימת ההמתנה אני גם אשמח לשמוע

יפתח

sagib
    חבר

Its easy to get off the list, just not the way you were thinking about…

You might want to keep track with this thread:
    http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=bw-bschools&tid=81506

Divad's post pretty much summarizes the realistic chances of getting admitted. Yet, there should still be some hope, i believe that the math is not as simple as he presented it.

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 343 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.