מוצגות 50 תגובות – 51 עד 100 (מתוך 171 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • Tal K
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14

To: Psychodude

Psychodude,

I don't know anyone who experienced your situation, and for obvious reasons I can't simply walk in admissions and ask such a question. I can tell you that I had a vaguely similar situation with another school, being late with a response regarding an interview, and my approach to such situations.

I believe you should contact admissions, apologize for the delay, and explain you'd like them to rely on last year's interview. You simply don't have anything to lose by trying. Having said that, bear in mind that their questions are really (and forgive me for the bluntness): (1) "Did something happen in the past year that can change our mind about you?" and (2) "Do you feel you need an interview to convey such updates?"

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Good luck,

Tal

gili sun
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

To: All

Hi All,

My name is Gili Canaani,
    This morning, I received the congratulations e-mail I have been waiting for… I was admitted to Kellogg !!!!!!
    I look forward and will be happy to speak with current student at Kellogg and learn more about the next coming steps.
    My e-mail is [email protected]
    Good Luck to everyone !!!
    Thanks,
    Gili
    JoeCool
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 267

To: Tal K

Tal,

A couple of questions:

1. As we have similar backgrounds I wanted to know more about your fit in the program and how your experience contributes to the learning.

2. I am curious as to your post MBA goals. Mine are a career switch towards VC. Does Kellogg have a strong VC oriented group? I know they are a good support for career switching but I am interested in their support of this particualr venue.

Thanks,

Aaron

P.S. – If you prefer you should have my e-mail and you can answer me there.

Tal K
    חבר

To: JoeCool

Aaron,

I may have misunderstood your first question, but as I read it, you are asking how my professional background (for everybody else – I was a corporate/commercial lawyer) fits in the Kellogg MBA program. The only answer I have is that any background can fit. The so called "Fit" has more to do with a candidate's personality rather than his/her background. If you are a highly social person, who wants to be involved with the student community, your place is at Kellogg. For example, my wife and I are social-dance instructors at the Kellogg dance club. Obviously, this has nothing to do with my professional background.

The second part of the question was how my experience contributes to the learning. Although my learning experience is relatively short (today we started the second quarter) I can say my past experience contributed both to my individual learning experience and to my classmates. Well, I actually started writing the full answer but figured it will take ages. You are more than welcome to contact me by Skype: danatalk, and you'll get a comprehensive and specific answer about that.

Regarding your second question, Kellogg, as an institution, supports whatever you want. The school is here to help you get your dream job, not to direct you in one way or the other (although appointments with career advisors are available for lost souls). Personally, I am interested in hi-tech marketing, so I am not really familiar with recruiting VCs on campus (although I know there are some). If you wish, I can try to connect you with a member of the Investment Banking Capital Markets Club or a member of the Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital Club. Please mind that the absence of a recruiter on campus does not mean you cannot try to recruit off campus (please see the note below). Some of the best jobs are won that way.

Tal

On campus vs. off campus recruiting– just a quick note for everyone about the difference:

On campus means that a certain employer arrives to campus, gives a presentation about the company and usually offers positions through the Kellogg Career Management Center (which has an online system for applying to jobs and schedule interviews on campus).

Off campus means that a recruiter does not work with the CMC and does not give a presentation in school, but it does not mean the company is inaccessible. A lot of good companies choose not to spend so much resources assuming that the good and eager students will get to them. Students in Kellogg organize treks to other places in the US to meet companies and network with them. For example: west coast tech trek, New York banking trek, a biotech trek etc.

JoeCool
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 267

Tal,

Thanks for your answer. I would like to hear your full answer for the seond part of my first question if we can set up a time to talk.

Also I would really appreciate it if you could put me in touch with a member of the Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital Club. This is my single reservation to an otherwise extremely appealing program (based largely on my personality as you mentioned in your reply). You have my e-mail.

Thanks for all the help and input,

AZ

Gal Sivan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

To: JoeCool

Hi all,

I am looking for people who belong to media and entertainment clubs in the top schools, because I am trying to differentiate the schools. Please contact me if you take part in any such club, and share your pride of the school and the program with me.

Thanks a lot,

Gal.

Lironi
    חבר

To: boazcn

היי בעז,

בימים אלה אני מנסה לגבש את רשימת בתי הספר אליהם אני מתכוונת להגיש אפליקיישנס ל-2008. בין היתר אני שוקלת את התוכנית של קלוג (1Y), שהיא כרגע המועדפת עלי.

קצת רקע עלי – אני בוגרת תואר ראשון במשפטים וניהול מאוניברסיטת ת"א, עורכת דין במשרד מוביל (מתמחה בתחום המסחרי, עובדת בעיקר עם לקוחות זרים) ומתרגלת בפקולטה לניהול באוניברסיטה.

השיקולים שלי לגבי קלוג הם אלה:

שיקולים בעד – התחומים שמעניינים אותי אחרי הלימודים הם consulting, general management ושיווק; לימודים של שנה במקום שנתיים; אני מתרשמת שסגנון ביה"ס מתאים לי (לימודים אינטנסיביים, דגש על עבודת צוות, חברי התוכנית של 1Y מגובשים מאוד); קלוג הוא מותג חזק בישראל ואני רואה את עצמי חוזרת לישראל תוך כמה שנים.

השיקולים נגד – אני עורכת דין ומעוניינת לעשות שינוי קריירה, ואני מניחה שמבחינת מעסיקים פוטנציאליים יש בעייתיות באורך התוכנית (שנה, ולא שנתיים). בנוסף, בן זוגי הוא מנהל שיווק בחברה בינ"ל, אשר מוכנה לעשות לו רילוקיישן לניו-יורק או פאריז (אך לא לשיקאגו). יחד עם זאת יש לו אזרחות אמריקאית, כך שניתן יהיה להסתדר גם במקומות נוספים בארה"ב, למרות שזה לא אידיאלי.

מה דעתך?

תודה !

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

To: Lironi

הי לירוני,

סליחה שאני מתפרץ, אבל עושה שרושם שמבחינת מאווייך, בקיזוז אילוצייך, תפור עלייך להגיש אפליקיישן לקולומביה ו-INSEAD.

אני יודע שקשה לוותר על חלק מהחלומות שלנו לטובת המציאות הכואבת, אבל לא הייתי מקל ראש בהצעת רילוקיישן לבן הזוג – זה בדיוק מסוג הדברים שיכולים להפוך את גיחת הלימודים לחווייה עבור שניכם, ועל הדרך גם לאפשר לכם לשמור על רמת מחיה גבוהה.

האמת שאני קצת מופתע שלא ציינת את INSEAD בעצמך, בהתחשב בנטיות ליבך (ניהול כללי וייעוץ) ובהצעת הרילוקיישן לפריז שבן זוגך קיבל – אחת הגורמים המהותיים בהחלטה שלי ללכת ל-INSEAD הייתה הצעת עבודה שאישתי קיבלה בפריז.

Lironi
    חבר

To: epony

תודה! קלעת בול.
    האמת שבתי הספר שאני שוקלת בחודשים האחרונים הם קולומביה, NYU, אינסיאד, וקלוג – שלא מתאים לבן הזוג שלי אבל משום מה הכי מלהיב אותי מכולם. לגבי אינסיאד – אני משוחדת כבר הרבה זמן, יש לי חבר טוב שלמד שם, מאוד אהב את בית הספר והוא משוכנע שבית הספר "תפור" עלי. אני פשוט מנסה לנטרל את זה, ולהשתדל לקבל החלטה נכונה "אובייקטיבית" (אם כי ברור לי שאין אחת כזאת).

החשש שלי לגבי אינסיאד הוא שבן הזוג שלי יקבל רילוקיישן לשנתיים, ואני חושבת שהסיכויים שלי למצוא עבודה בצרפת אחרי סיום הלימודים בתחומים שציינתי (ייעוץ, שיווק, general management), כשאני לא דוברת צרפתית, הם קטנים מאוד. כל מי שאני מכירה ושלמד באינסיאד נאלץ בסופו של דבר לנדוד למדינות אחרות באירופה, מה שמבחינתנו עשוי ליצור בעיה. בנוסף יש את עניין המנטליות האירופאית שאנחנו קצת חוששים ממנה (בעיקר בן הזוג שלי, שיחיה את צרפת ה"אמיתית", בעוד אני בבועת הלימודים), ואת עניין מזג האויר (אבל אם משווים את זה לקלוג…).

אם לכם יש ניסיון של לימודים באינסיאד+עבודה של אשתך בפאריז – אנחנו מאוד מאוד נשמח לשמוע, גם באופן כללי על החוויה, הלימודים והעבודה, וגם פרטים טכניים של איפה גרתם, איך הסתדרתם עם הנסיעות, וכו'. שוב תודה !

boazcn
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 139

היי רוני,

שמח לשמוע שאת מתלהבת מקלוג. השנה בקלוג היתה אחת השנים הטובות והמרתקות בחיי.

אני מסכים עם כל השיקולים שפירטתת בעד – בעוד כל הסטודנטים נשארים לשנה שניה אני חזרתי מהר לשוק העבודה, הרווחתי כסף וניסיון.

מבחינת מעסיקים פוטנציאלים התוכנית היא לא חיסרון – הם דווקא מאד מתרשמים מהיכולת של הסטודנטים להשלים את הלימודים בשנה. החיסרון העיקרי הוא כמו שפירטת במקרה של שינוי קריירה, העובדה שאין בתוכנית summer internship מקשה מעט על שינוי קריירה ותהליך חיפוש העבודה מגיע מאד מהר, כך שצריך לעבוד יותר קשה כדי להשיג עבודה. עם זאת, כל הסטודנטים בשנה שלי מצאו עבודה לפני סיום הלימודים ואני מניח שזה יהיה המצב גם השנה. הסיכוי שלך גבוה יותר לעשות שינויי קריירה ל-consulting או finance , ל-marketing יותר קשה.

בקשר לעבודה לבן זוגך – לא חסר חברות המחפשות עובדים ב-marketing באיזור שיקאגו, בעיקר לאזרחי ארה"ב.

בהצלחה

בעז

yanivd
    חבר

hi Tal,

any idea about when the next info session will be?

in Kelloggs web site the only date that appears in Tel Aviv is 21st. Dec. 2006.

thanks,

yaniv

Tal K
    חבר

לירוני,

יש לנו רקע דומה וגם אני שקלתי את INSEAD. גם בכיוון אנו דומים – אני מחליף מקצוע לשיווק. זה עתה סיימתי את השנה הראשונה בקלוג והתחלתי את התמחות הקיץ. אני מאמין שהשיחה תהיה ארוכה :-) ולכן אשמח לתאם בדוא"ל:

[email protected]

אשמח לחלוק הגיגים וחוויות,

טל

Tal K
    חבר

To: yanivd

Yaniv,

I believe the next Kellogg reception will be held in December 2007. It will be winter brake and a good opportunity to visit Israel. However:

1. Fulbright is holding an event on August 30-31 with many schools attending, including Kellogg.

2. I am in Israel in the first two weeks of September and if there is interest, I will be happy to hold an informal meeting to answer questions and share the experience.

3. No need to wait until then – I'll be happy to provide the information right now :-) If you have general questions that would be of interest to everybody, post them here. If you have specific questions, or want to learn about things I can't write ;-) shoot me an e-mail: [email protected]

Tal

yanivd
    חבר

Tal,

thanks for the tips.

i will certainly contact you via mail.

thakns again,

yaniv

Yoto
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

Hi,

I am working on the application towards September 2008.

I plan to visit Kellogg in mid-september.

Can I contact any current students?

Thanks

Yotam

Tal K
    חבר

To: yotam.oren, All

Yotam,

Please note that September is a crazy month at Kellogg. New studetns will return from Kwest (the "gibush" trip abroad) straight to the pre-term (Sep. 4 – 21) which is one crazy period. Too much fun to have time for anything else.

The second year students are starting school on Sep. 17, and most will be in Israel until then. On Sep. 24 fall quarter starts, but also the recruiting for full time positions after graduation…

I believe everyone here will do their best to be available and hospitable, however please bear in mind the circumstances. Having said that, you are more than welcome to contact me.

Good luck,

Tal

timegoesby
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

tal,

If I plan to visit the campus on Rosh Hashana (13/14 of September) will there be any classes I can attend?

Thanks!

Tal K
    חבר

To: Wangot

Wangot,

Regular classes will not be held on Sep. 13-14, since fall quarter starts only later. Only first years are present at the time – they'll be 10 days into their pre-term. During the pre-term there is a very interesting course called Leadership in Organization. That is the only course offered at that time. I believe you will be able to attend it.

Please note that most second year Israelis are visiting Israel in the first two weeks of September.

Tal

nir
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

To: korin, PatsFan, Zahi, Gili_Kellogg, rol2000, mike, Jeff, njosephy, counsilliery, israelig

I have a question regarding the application process: when should I should I actually submit the part 2 of the application?

Should I do it after being interviewed, or is it better to submit it even before the initial interview?

sanisani
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

To: nir

Hi nir

Can i ask question about kellogg admissiom process ?

Thx Dani

Nona
    חבר

שלום,

יש לי שאלה בנוגע ל-part 1: אני נבחנת בטופל ביום ראשון הבא, 5 ימים לפני שצריך להגיש את part 1.

בטופס שממלאים צריך להזין ציוני טופל אבל עדיין לא יהיו לי ציונים (אמרו לי שלוקח שבועיים לקבל את הציונים)

האם אפשר להגיש את part 1 אם נבחנתי אבל אין לי עדיין את הציון?

תודה,

נעמה

Yoni1492
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 67

To: Nona

הודעה זו מכוונת בעיקר לסטודנטים הישראלים הנוכחיים בקלוג.

אני מתכנן ביקור בכמה בתי ספר בארה"ב, ביניהם קלוג, בחצי השני של חודש אוקטובר. מאחר ואין לי יותר משבועיים, לו"ז הביקור יהיה מעט לחוץ.

לפני תכנון הלו"ז, רציתי לשמוע את דעתכם בנושא תאריכים אידאליים לביקור, זמן שהיה מומלץ, פעילויות שאתם רואים בגדר חובה לקליטת ה"חוויה" (השתתפות בשיעורים, ביקור במתקנים, יציאה לבר השכונתי וכדו') ופרוצדורות נדרשות מול משרד האדמיניסטריישן. אשמח גם להיפגש עם כולכם!

תודה מראש!

יוני

Daniel
    חבר

To: Nona

Hi Naama,

I have the exact same problem with both TOEFL and GMAT (which i'm taking on Oct 2nd and will not have the essay's score).

I have tried to contact the admission office and hopefully they will answer soon.

Did anyone answer your question? Do you have new insights?

Daniel.

odedp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 61

חברים,

קוראים לי עודד ואני סטודנט שנה ראשונה בקלוג.

אומנם נעדרתי לתקופה די ארוכה מהפורום (לא צחוק המעבר הזה) אבל חזרתי ואני אשמח לעזור לכל מי שמעוניין בקלוג (וגם למי שלא).

תרגישו חופשי לשאול כל מה שעולה לכם בראש ואני אשתדל לענות בהקדם.

ד"ש לארץ הקודש,

עודד

gileyal
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 279

הפכתי וחיפשתי ואני לא מוצא תשובה – האם החיבורים צריכים להיות ברווח כפול? ממה שאני רואה יש רק הגדרה של שני עמודים.

תודה!

גיל

njosephy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

double spaced
    תעיף מבט בדרישות בטופס הממוחשב.
    בהצלחה.
    y_s11
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

To: odedp

Hi Oded

My name is Yaniv and want to apply for the one-year MBA program at Kellogg.

Can I get your E-mail so I can use your advice.

Looking forward Yaniv

Gili_Kellogg
    חבר

Greetings from Kellogg!

We cordially invite you to attend a Kellogg Information Session in Tel Aviv. Beth Flye, Assistant Dean and Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, and Kellogg Alumni will present on the full-time student experience and Admissions. Please view the attached invitation.

Space is limited, so please register at:
    face=Calibri color=#800080 http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Programs/FullTimeMBA/Admissions_events/Off_Campus_events.aspx.

November 2, 2008
    6:00pm-8:00pm
    Tel-Aviv University
    Recanati Building
    Room 110

*Please bring photo identification.

For questions about the information session, please contact us at 847-491-3308 or via email at face=Calibri color=#800080 [email protected].

Please visit face=Calibri color=#800080 http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu for more information about the Full-Time MBA Program.

Regards,
    The Kellogg Admissions Team

Wolfy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 20

שלום לכולם,

כמו עודד, גם אני נעדרתי מהפורום לזמן ממושך אבל אני שוב אונליין ואשמח לעזור גם כן.

אני סטודנט שניה בקלוג ולהבדיל מרוב הישראלים, אני כאן עם משפחה. אשמח לענות על שאלות בקשר למעבר לארה"ב עם משפחה ועל חוייות מהלימודים בכלל.

רציתי גם להפנות את תשומת ליבכם לאירוע האדמישנס שיהיה בתל אביב ב-2 בנובמבר. רצוי להירשם דרך הלינק שנשלח בהודעה שנמצאת בפורום.

בהצלחה לכולם עם האפליקיישנס,

זאב

Mickey Kellogg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

שלום לכולם,

שמי מיקי, ואני סטודנט שנה שניה בקלוג. אשמח לענות על שאלות בנוגע לתהליך או להפנות אתכם לסטודנטים /בוגרים עם רקע דומה לשלכם.
    לגבי הרקע שלי, בהתמחות עבדתי בחברת המחשבים דל בצוות פיתוח עסקי אסטרטגי. לפני קלוג הייתי מנהל אזורי בדרום אמריקה של חברת טכנולוגיה ישראלית.

מספר טיפים בסיסיים הנם להתחיל כמה שיותר מוקדם בתהליך של הGMAT וכתיבת החיבורים. בנוסף תיצרו קשר עם בוגרים של בתי הספר כדי להבין את החוויה המקיפה של הלימודים ומה שמצפה לכם לאחר מכן, את התעשיות השונות בכלכלה האמריקאית ואת מגוון התפקידים בכל אחד מהסקטורים.
    במקביל הייתי ממליץ לקרוא את הWorld Street Jurnal והBusiness Week על בסיס קבוע כדי להבין את עולם התוכן הכלכלי האמריקאי.

הכנה נכונה היא המפתח להצלחה בתהליך הMBA.

בהצלחה !

Gili_Kellogg
    חבר

Greetings from Kellogg!

We cordially invite you to attend a Kellogg Information Session in Tel Aviv. Beth Flye, Assistant Dean and Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, and Kellogg Alumni will present on the full-time student experience and Admissions. Please view the attached invitation.

Space is limited, so please register at:
    face=Calibri color=#800080 http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Programs/FullTimeMBA/Admissions_events/Off_Campus_events.aspx.

November 2, 2008
    6:00pm-8:00pm
    Tel-Aviv University
    Recanati Building
    Room 110

*Please bring photo identification.

For questions about the information session, please contact us at 847-491-3308 or via email at face=Calibri color=#800080 [email protected].

Please visit face=Calibri color=#800080 http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu for more information about the Full-Time MBA Program.

Regards,
    The Kellogg Admissions Team

gileyal
    חבר

To: Gili_Kellogg

קיבלתי הודעה מבית הספר שהם מוותרים על הראיון בשל מספר המועמדים הרב מישראל (דבר שיקשה עליהם לראיין את כולם). בהודעה כתוב שזה לא יפגע במועמדות שלי, אבל אני חייב להודותש אני קצת מאוכזב.

מאד קיוויתי להזדמנות להתחבר עם בוגר של בית הספר – אני חושב שיש דברים שלא קל להעביר בחיבורים והרבה יותר קל להעביר פנים אל פנים (חוש הומור, כוח רצון, בגרות ועוד). הועבדה שבית הספר מראיין אחוזים גבוהים מאד מהמרואיינים גרמה לי להאמין שגם בוועדת הקבלה שלו מרגישים כך – ואני מרגיש שבכל זאת יהיה יתרון לאלו שכן יתראיינו, אם יהיה בוגר של בית הספר שפגש אותם, התרשם מהם ומוכן להילחם למענם.

אני טועה?

naamaare
    חבר

To: gileyal

גם אני קיבלתי את אותו מייל.

איך זה יתכן שויתור על ראיון לא פוגע במועמדות?

idanva
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 119

don't give up yet.

last year the same thing happend and after a while those people got an email that they are invited to an interview.

some of them even got accepted.

so don't give up, just be patient and maybe you'll get an email inviting you to interview later on

gileyal
    חבר

To: idanva

Thanks.

They made a point of saying it would not adversely effect my application, so I am going to have to take their word for it:)

eyan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

גיל,

תפתח עמוד מס' 16 בנושא kellogg ותציץ בהודעה הראשונה – אתה תהיה די מרוצה ממה שתראה שם ! (ואם אתה מעוניין לראות את כל התהליך שהבחורצ'יק עבר אתה מוזמן להתחיל קודם בעמוד 14 בהודעה הראשונה ומשם לעבור לעמוד 15 הודעה שלישית.)

חוץ מזה, אתה צריך להסתכל על הצד החיובי שבדבר – כרגע מצאת לעצמך סיבה (/תירוץ) לגשת ל admission officer שמגיע לאירוע ביום ראשון … ;-)

יהיה בסדר,

eyal

gileyal
    חבר

To: eyan

תודה:) מקווה לגורל דומה…

Gili_Kellogg
    חבר

Hi all,

I'm a 2nd year student at Kellogg.

I heard from several candidates this year and last year, who received an interview waiver.

I'm not involved in the admissions process so I don't know what the reason is. In the past, Kellogg interviewed everyone, I can only assume that they have an over flow of applicants and not enough interviewers.

As someone mentioned earlier, you already have at least one good questions to ask Ms. Beth Flye on Sunday's event.

It will be great if you could post her answer as a reference for other prospective students.

Good luck,

Gili

gileyal
    חבר

Thanks Gili. I definitely will ask and post.
    gileyal
    חבר

שאלתי בכנס – התשובה היא שהויתור על הראיון הוא אקראי לחלוטין במקומות שבהם יש עודף ביקוש לראיונות ומעט היצע. לא משפיע על הראיון, אך כפי שנאמר למעלה – לא יתקבל מועמד בלי שדיברו איתו. לאחר בדיקת האפליקיישן, יזמינו את המועמדים שלא רואיינו ושנותרו ב-"תחרות" לראיון טלפוני.

Jeff
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 40

היי לכולם,

עוד מילה לגבי האירוע.

אחד הנושאים המעניינים שעלו הוא נושא ההלוואות, שהוא חם מאד בדיונים אחרים פה בפורום ודי מדאיג גם אותי.

שאר בתי הספר, שאני נתקלתי בהתייחסות שלהם לנושא, אומרים שיהיה פתרון כלשהו, שעדיין עובדים עליו. בקלוג, לעומת זאת, אמרו במפגש שיש תכנית הלוואות לסטודנטים זרים מטעם האוניברסיטה, ללא צורך בבנק. בכל אי הוודאות הנוכחית בנושא הלוואות, זה לדעתי יתרון עצום לקלוג. יש מספיק סיבות טובות אחרות להגיש לקלוג, אבל למי שמתנדנד או מודאג, זה בטח יעזור.

בהצלחה!

gileyal
    חבר

Hi Gili,

Do you happen to know someone who has had a phone interview after initially receiving a waiver? I am going to have one soon and would love to speak with someone like that.

Thanks in advance!

idanva
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 119

try contacting Ariel in the chicago thread, he had this case last year but eventually went to chicago
    arielt
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 15

To: idanva, gileyal

Yup, contact him :) sent you an email.

Anyway, it's a basic one with standard questions.

gileyal
    חבר

To: arielt

Thanks Idan! Thanks Ariel! Sent you an e-mail.

Jeff
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 40

Hi all,

I interviewed with a Kellogg alumni last week. This generally concluded my Kellogg admission effort. Does anybody have any suggestions about what else I can do?

The interview itself was — like all Kellogg interactions I have had — a very pleasant experience, which increased my commitment to Kellogg. I could have done a better job with a few of the questions, but overall, I think it went very well.

The main tip I can give is to be genuine and enthusiastic – or genuinely enthusiastic :)
    In my opinion, If you come across well as being a positive and capable person, you probably don't have to worry about specific answers. I think my knowledge and enthusiasm about Kellogg scored me the most points, and I would like to thank all of the wonderful Israeli and non-Israeli Kellogg students, who's enthusiasm about the school and constant desire to help really made the difference for me, whether I get in or not.

I suggest that anyone preparing for the interview contact students and know much more about the school than was needed for the essays. You should also be able to explain the main differences between Kellogg and other schools on your list.

I hope this helps and good luck :)

Gili_Kellogg
    חבר

Released this week:

2008 BusinessWeek Rankings:
    face=Calibri http://bwnt.businessweek.com/interactive_reports/mba_domestic_2008/index.asp?sortCol=rankid&sortOrder=1&pageNum=1&resultNum=100
    “Kellogg's distinct culture of collaboration and competition sets it apart”

Recruiters rank us #1!

2008 2006 School Graduates Recruiters Publications Salary Lift Admitted % Job Placement Management Analysis Teaching Careers
    1 1 Chicago 1 2 6 $ 27.00 22 94.8 A+ A+ A+ A+
    2 4 Harvard 4 4 9 $ 44.00 12 100.0 A+ A+ A A+
    3 3 Northwestern (Kellogg) 6 1 25 $ 35.00 20 97.0 A+ A+ B A+
    4 2 Pennsylvania (Wharton) 3 5 11 $ 40.00 18 95.6 A+ A+ B A+
    5 5 Michigan (Ross) 10 3 12 $ 41.50 20 95.9 A+ A B A

avidan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

hey gileyal,

I just recieved a phone interview invitation after initialy recieving a waiver from Kellogg. I understand that you had the same story. Can I get in touch with you?

Thanks!!

gileyal
    חבר

To: avidan

Sure – gil.law (at) gmail.com.

I still haven't had my phone interview though.

Gil

osherperry
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

Hi Mickey
    My name is Osher, I have arrived to Chicago yesterday night to a short and unplanned visit. while I am here I intend to come by Kellog to look at the school and the surrounding.
    I would highly appreciate if you will be able to send me a short note, whether it will be possible to meet with you around 4pm today at school.
    I know it is a very short notice, and if it is not possible will understand.
    Thank you
    ~Osher~
    [email protected]
מוצגות 50 תגובות – 51 עד 100 (מתוך 171 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.