Home פורומים Admissions Chat aringo Chat Michigan MBA Chat

מוצגות 20 תגובות – 51 עד 70 (מתוך 70 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • bujanov
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

Al,

Thanks for being here. Do the diffrent clubs at U of M contribute to the carrer opertunities with regard to job placement and connections with different companies?

Gwyneth-Michigan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 24

I'm not sure I'm fast enough to take down names and type at the same time!

Contact with the school in some way; e.g., through our MBA Ambassador program (see list on our Admissions website) – Michal Karnibad, who is on this chat, is an Ambassador. The benefit is that an applicant gains excellent insight into the School and what it's really like here, and this can be well reflected in the essay that asks about why Michigan is a fit.

Ami
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

This is Ami again (MBA2) and I have to sign off.

You can all feel free to contact me directly

color=#0000ff [email protected]

Good luck

marco
    חבר

Are your scholarship are on merit or need base?

What is the percentage of foreign students who get scholarship/aid?

Al-Michigan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

In reply to bujanov from November 20 2003

Absolutely. My office provides a robust infrastructure that the various clubs build upon by hosting conferences, separate speaking engagements, office visits and forums.

We would not be nearly as effective in the recruitment process as we are without key interaction from the clubs.

In addition, my office trains 40 second year MBAs to provide counseling services for their classmates each year, so that we can be kept as fresh as possible on the very latest interview questions, etc..al.

tnmozes
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14

It Michal again…

re: clubs.

Look at Tommy's answer regarding the consulting club – it is very strong here.

The Finance club and the Marketing club have the same activities, and also all the rest of the clubs

We have a lot of workshops, formal & informal help from MBA2s.

The clubs help share the knowledge of the summer interns with MBA1s. This proves to be very affective in the recruiting process.

Gwyneth-Michigan
    חבר

Re: finding our more about Michigan: Our website, http://www.bus.umich.edu is a great source of information. I suggest going to other pages besides just Admissions. For example, if you go to Academics, you can see the web sites of the various departments, such as the Finance Dept. If you go to Student Life, you can get to a list of Organizations and Clubs, and the websites of these clubs offer further insight into what is going on at Michigan.

Undisclosed Member
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 48

How does Michigan regard the military service in israel?

Is it considered working experience?

Gwyneth-Michigan
    חבר

The Business School awards more than 30 scholarships each year to admitted international students with exceptional admissions credentials (merit-based). International students are encouraged to apply during one of the first two decision periods to receive full consideration for scholarships. Upon successful completion of the first year of the MBA program, awards may be renewed for the second year of study.

Michal71
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

Hi Gwyneth,

Could you value the weight of low GMAT score and do you have any suggestions of how to attack this issue (assuming I will not take it again due to overloaded with work, home and a child)?

Gwyneth-Michigan
    חבר

Yes, Military experiece is considered as Full time work experience.

Gilam – aringo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

All – unfortunately, we are limited to one hour and have to wrap up.

Gwyneth, Al, Michal, Tommy, Ami – thank you so much for taking the time (and energy!) to answer all those questions from this side of the globe… you have done a wonderful job! And definitely well represented the friendliness and openness of Michigan as a b-school.

In the name of the Israeli International MBA Association, aringo, and all Israeli applicants, thank you.

Gilam

tnmozes
    חבר

Al is the head of the OCD (Office of Career Development). So he can tell you about numbers and career development.

I can tell you from my experience that the OCD has been very helpful in the recruiting process.

The OCD has workshops on resumes and cover letters.
    I have had people halp me with my resume addressing my specific issues.

Furthermore, the OCD teaches you how to get a job. Which at the end of the day is what counts.

Gwyneth-Michigan
    חבר

re: lower GMAT: . We consider many factors in the decision – undergrad work; accomplishments; fit with Michigan; community service; career progression, etc.

If you don't think that you will be able to re-take the GMAT prior to applying, then submit your app with the GMAT you have. But, retaking it would be ideal. Also, if you don't re-take it before submitting your application, let us know if you have any plans for re-taking it. I would recommend that you keep up some GMAT study, in case of a wait-list decision, for example.

bujanov
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

Hi Gwyneth,

Does U of M have any designated elective classes in biotech?

Gwyneth-Michigan
    חבר

Thank you for participating in this chat. I have enjoyed sharing about the opportunities that Michigan Business School has to offer. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly through our [email protected] or call us at 734-763-7804, if we may answer any questions. Thank you…and have a nice evening. Gwyneth

Al-Michigan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

In reply to Gilam – aringo from November 20 2003

It was our pleasure. thank you to all of you, and let us know if we can help you as you make your decisions!al.

tnmozes
    חבר

If you have questions about coming here with a family (or any other question) e-mail me at [email protected]

Gilam – aringo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

There is one question left unanswered above about biotech if anyone still has the time…

יריב
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

To: Ami

עמי שלום!

בשאיפה שאכן תקבל הודעה זו, אולי אוכל להסתייע בך לרכישת עוד מידע לגבי אוניברסיטת מישיגן, , חברתי הינה ספורטאית מצטיינת והולכת ללמוד שם על מלגת ספורט, מה "שמאלץ" אותי למצוא גם משהו, אני כבן 31 בוגר מינהל עסקים ומשפטים במרכז הבינתחומי, סיימתי לא מזמן התמחות בפרקליטות והנני עומד לפני בחינות הלשכה, אני עובד משרד הביטחון.

אודה לך אם תוכל להתייחס גם לחיים באן הרבור עצמה.

אם תוכל לכתוב לי ישר למייל זה יהיה עדיף

[email protected]

תודה מראש

יריב

מוצגות 20 תגובות – 51 עד 70 (מתוך 70 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.