Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה My decision was deferred

מוצגות 3 תגובות – 1 עד 3 (מתוך 3 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • edan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

A week a go i got this message from mit "Your decision has been deferred to the next round"

Will I wasn't to happy about that. but at least it wasn't a no. if any one is intrested in what this mean I add mit's FAQ about it:

What does it mean to have a decision deferred until April 5, 2010?
    Having your decision deferred indicates that your application was a strong one, and that we believe you would be an asset to the MIT Sloan community. This year we have an extraordinary applicant pool, and feel that we need more time to evaluate your application.

When can I expect to hear from MIT Sloan again?
    We will release your decision on or before April 5, 2010; the Round II decision notification date.

What are the next steps for deferred candidates?
    The MBA Admissions Committee has all of the information it needs to evaluate your application. In an effort to maintain equity in this process, we will not accept additional materials for inclusion in your application at this time.

If I haven't been interviewed, is it possible to still be invited for an interview?
    Yes. If you were not interviewed during Round I, an interview will ultimately be required for admission to the MBA Program.

Can I schedule an interview?
    Interviews are arranged by invitation only. If the admissions committee decides to invite you for an interview, it will be done along with the Round II interviews in March 2010.

How many applicants have received a deferred decision request and do you rank order these applicants?
    We will likely defer the decision of 100 – 200 applicants. We do not rank order the applicants from Round I. Applicants who agree to a deferred decision be considered for admission along with the candidates in Round II.

What are my chances if I reapply next year?
    If you choose to reapply next year, your application will be evaluated with the new pool of applicants.

Can I get feedback on my application at this time?
    Feedback is not offered to deferred decision candidates at this time.

I have to send my deposit to another school and I haven't heard from you yet.
    You should definitely make alternate plans if your offer from another school expires before April 5, 2010. Please notify us if you accept another school's offer, as the status of other candidates may be affected by your decision. Contact: color=#0066ccdeferreddecisio[email protected]

Is there anything else that I should know?
    We know that this process is an uncertain and often frustrating experience for applicants. Please respect our request to not send additional information, we have all of the information we need to move forward with your application. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Having your decision deferred indicates that your application was a strong one, and that we believe you would be an asset to the MIT Sloan community. This year we have an extraordinary applicant pool, and feel that we need more time to evaluate your application.

Yair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 59

To: edan, All

Hi Edan,

I'm in the same boat… I was notified 10 days ago that the decision regarding my application was deferred, without an interview.

Good luck with your application,
    Yair

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

To: Yair, edan

Sounds like MIT have decided to neutralize the "R1-impact" that has been growing stronger over the past couple of years, together with the increase in the total number of applications for the top schools.

More and more people are applying to top notch MBA programs in R1 than ever before, and it looks like schools are taking measures to neutralize the effect that this has on their overall application process.

Bottom line: it looks like applying in R1 this year is proving to be less of an advantage than in last year.
    Still, this does not mean that deferred application are weak – on the contrary! Just consider that if this was a negative indication, you would have simply been rejected – you are still in!!

All the best!

Or

מוצגות 3 תגובות – 1 עד 3 (מתוך 3 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.