מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 150 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • goal1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 39

To: All

NYU STERN

Hi all

This month 4 Israelis start the NYU Stern MBA.

We will be happy to assist and answer questions regarding the school and NY advantages.

Good luck

Udi

eyam
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 47

To: goal1

Hi Udi,

I am interested in the NYU program and have a few questions.

Besides the prime location, can you specify other distinct advantages of the Stern MBA?

I know that NYU is generally considered an excellent finance school – seeing that you come from a tech background, are you interested in making a transition to finance or do you want to stay in tech, and if so, does NYU offer interesting opportunities in non investment-banking prospects?

Eyal

osnat_z
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

hi Udi,

I am thinking about applying to Stern for my MBA in 2006.

Can you tell a little bit more about the admitions process there?

Do you know what they considered an advantage in your aplication?

Is there any possibility for a scolarship or any finantial ade?

Thanks a lot,

Osnat

eliko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 203

This should be realy interesting reading your info here.

I hope that you are having fun and that Haifa loses as much games as possible in the coming month …

Talk to you soon ,

By the way – why goal1 and not goal5 or goal10 – why only one goal?

Think before you answer? It is a difficult one?

Eliko

goal1
    חבר

To: eyam

Hi Eyal
    Stern is indeed known as a top notch school in IB, which derives from its location and strong relations with the industry.
    Besides IB, the school is very strong in other aspects of finance, such as Sales & trading, Equity research, corporate finance. Stern is also very strong in the Media and entertainment industries. (Hard for internationals but possible).
    In the last years Mckinsey and other management Consulting firms are coming to on-campus recruiting, so prospects of going there improve.

And no, I will not return to pure tech positions…

Good luck

Udi

goal1
    חבר

To: osnat_z

Hi Osnat

No one knows why he was accepted to one school and rejected from the others.
    All you can learn from in that area are just stats about the past which really don't tell you anything.
    I would recommend that you write essays that will show you as an interesting person that achieved things in life and can contribute to school.
    Regarding the scholarship – I would recommend submitting the application on the first round (last year it was Dec 1st) – only then they consider you to a scholarship.

Good luck

Udi

goal1
    חבר

To: eliko

Eli

Wait…

kerenleizer
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

Hi Udi

why is it hard for internationals to get accepted to the Media and entertainment faculty?

thanks allot

Keren

goal1
    חבר

To: kerenleizer

Keren

The 2 major recruiters of MBA graduates are Banks and Consulting firms, both are usually large international corporations that have visas for internationals and an MBA is almost a must in order to go beyond certain levels.
    Media and Entertainment firms less appreciate MBA and do not have large quotas of visas for non American. However, NYU's strong connections in this field can get you in and has done so for internationals in the past.

Hope that helped

Udi

yonis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 73

Hi Udi,

I'm interested in applying to NYU in this coming first round, can I talk with you and other Israeli students currently at the school (either by phone or e-mail)?

Thank you in advance,

Yoni.

eliko
    חבר

Hi Goal 1,

Good luck to haifa against the Shchuna on monday ….

goal1
    חבר

To: eliko

Eli

We don't need luck, we are simply better…

Dash to the wife

porata
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 50

Hi,

is it possible for you to leave your Email address?

Thanks!

Assaf.

eyam
    חבר

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p>הי אודי
    שבוע הבא מתקיים כנס של NYU בתל אביב, עם אנשים מADMISSIONS וסטודנטים ישראלים.

צויין שלפני שנה נבחר מישהו/מישהי מהכנס – תוכל לתת פרטים איך נעשה תהליך הבחירה?

צויין באי מייל כי הם מצפים לראות אנשים DRESSED FOR SUCCESS
    – האם הכוונה היא לבוש חליפה או BUSINESS CASUAL, שכן זה לא ראיון פורמלי (וידאו קונפרנס רב-משתתפים)?

תודה מראש
    eyam

goal1
    חבר

Eyal

Regarding you first question, it means that every interaction with NYU is an opportunity to make the admissions representatives remember you (In a good way…), not that someone was accepted because of the video conference.

There is no need for a suit, just business casual (buttons shirt).

Good luck,

Udi

eliko
    חבר

Hi eyal,

where can we find this invitation?

Thx,

eliko

eliko
    חבר

אייל,

זו נראית הזדמנות טובה להיפגש

דבר איתי לפני – 0522203403

אליקו

eyam
    חבר

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p><p align=left dir=ltr>Looking forward

I'll be in the one in the suit ;)

Talk to you soon
    E.</p>

JoeCool
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 267

I will not be in a suit.

I am coming from Meluim. Do you guys (current strudents and applicants) think I should come on madim or should I change?

Will wearing madei bet and carrying a rifle make me look authentic or out of place?

I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks in advance

eyam
    חבר

To: JoeCool

Hi Joe

If you have the option of wearing civilian clothing, I would recommend doing so, because army uniforms may appear out of place to an American bystander – unless you are trying to draw some attention to your appearance (or you think that olive green really brings out the color in your eyes:).

This is just my humble opinion though, so ask Udi for a more authorative opinion.

E.

goal1
    חבר

Hi

I see that the dress code is a concern – it shouldn't be. The admissions will see you on a small screen, so don't worry.
    Regarding army uniform, if you can change to a regular buttoned shirt it will be better, but this is not a must.

Again, this video conference is for you, designed to answer your questions regarding Stern and not vice versa.

Good luck,
    Udi

Yael RS
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 20

Hi,
    My name is Yael and I’m a second year student at NYU Stern. I love the MBA and I’m having a great time at New York.
    I would love to answer any question you might have about the program – the people, the curriculum and the admissions process.
    I will be part of the team on the video conference on Tuesday. It is a great opportunity for you to meet (almost face to face) a very nice admission officer and ask questions about the program.
    Good luck,
    Yael

JoeCool
    חבר

To: goal1, eyam

Thanks for the advice.

I will bring a change of clothes. I just hope I have enough time to change.

Yael RS
    חבר

Hi,

Don't stress about it – believe me that it doesn't matter so much. It's not an interview yet and it's not going to damage you in any way.

Best,

Yael

chezky
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

To: Yael RS

Hi!

NYU presents itself as a very strong community-associated program, that is the feeling they give in their web site and also one of the essays deals with your contribution to the community. I would like to know how dose this effect the studying in NYU, are students suppose to devote time to deal with the community?

Yael RS
    חבר

To: chezky

Hi Chezky,

Stern Is very involved with the community, as so are many of the students are. There are several projects – the Stren consulting corps, the Charity ball and the annual food fight project (check the website fro detailed info). Many MBA students devote time to the community in various ways – by being a block leader, a club officer or joining pro-bono activities. The MBA is a very busy program but people find the time for those activities and benefit a lot from them.

Best,

Yael

JoeCool
    חבר

To: Yael RS, All

Hi Yael,

Thanks for the online session today. i think I can safely say on behalf of everyone there, that it was very informative and helpful.

Thanks again, And good luck to everyone applying!

P.S. – I am sorry I was late and had to leave early, but as I mentioned, I was coming from Meluim and I had another stop to make before I went back.

Yael RS
    חבר

Hi,

That's great to hear. Make sure you keep in touch , we'll be hosting an event for prospective students during the Winter break and it will be a good opportunity to meet other current students.

Best

Yael

eliran
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

Hi Yael,

I am intresting in the Langone Program (part time).

Can you connect me to an Israeli student in that program?

I will be at NY at this month and I want to visit the school.

Thanks a lot,

Eliran

Hirsch11
    חבר

Hi Yael,

I am in the midst of doing my GMAT course. I wish to ask you how big of a part entrepreneurialship play in the NYE program?

Moreover, I would like to know if tradition industry companies (food, commodities, etc) are searching in NYU for new executives.

Best,

Guy.

Hoffmann
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 32

To: Hirsch11

Guy,

Stern has great courses on entrepreneurship. I am currently taking a very interesting course on financing new ventures, which is part of the entrepreneurship and Innovation specialization.

Stern also has an annual Business Plan Competition, with 1st prize of $150,000 seed money to finance the best idea.

Food and commodity firms (aka CPG) recruit heavily at Stern mostly for marketing and finance jobs. However, many of them do not recruit international students. (which is true for all schools)

Hope this helps.
    Good luck!
    Udi

Yael RS
    חבר

To: Hirsch11

Hi Guy,

Entrepreneuship is a big and growing field at NYU's Stern program. We have a lot of good classes in that field, as well as hand-on program that enables people to start their own companies and get support (money and resources) from the school. As Udi mentioned, one strong program is the Berkley's Business plan competition, that give $150,000 of seed money for social venture and for-profit ventures.

Many companies come to recruit at NYU – financial services, consumer goods, consulting firms etc. There are a lot of opportunities for talented hard-working people in the US.

Best,

noac
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

To: Hoffmann

My name is Noa Corem
    I am addressing you through the IIMBA forum with a somewhat unusual request. I work in a job placement company for senior management, ( face=Times New Roman color=#0000ff http://www.emda.com). For a strategic entrepreneurial position in an international software giant, with offices in Israel, I am looking for graduates of leading MBA programs in the U.S., with a background in the Hi-tech industry. If you know someone who might be interested in such a position, please contact me at face=Times New Roman color=#0000ff [email protected], or at +972-50-847-9094.
    I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
    Thanks in advance,
    Noa
    osnat_z
    חבר

Hi Yael,

I am interested in applying to NYU starting september 2007.

I am now at the point of choosing which schools to apply. In your oppinion, how strong is the marketing department of the school?

Do you know of other schools who have a relatively strong marketing departments?

thanks for your help.

With best regards,

Osnat

[email protected]

greenfeld
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 282

שלום אסנת,

לקולומביה וקלוג יש תוכניות מעולות בתחום המרקטינג. חמישה מהפרופסורים במחלקת המרקטינג של קולומביה הם ישראלים. אני למדתי עם שניים מהם שהיו מ ד ה י מ י ם!

יתרון ידוע של קולומביה (וכך גם NYU) נמצא בעובדה שלכל החברות המגייסות בוגרים יש משרדים בניו יורק. זה מאד יקל עליך במציאת העבודה בתחום שנחשב קשה למי שאין לו אזרחות אמריקנית או גרין קארד.

אשמח לסייע לך ללמוד יותר על התוכנית אך בינתיים את מוזמנת לקרוא בלינק הבא:

http://www0.gsb.columbia.edu/marketing/

המון בהצלחה,

אהד

Hoffmann
    חבר

Osnat,

NYU is very strong in Marketing. Many people from my class worked this summer in great internships including companies like J&J, the GAP, AMEX and Apple. One of the Israelis of my class worked in marketing in the city.

However, keep in mind that many of the large recruiters of marketing positions do not sponsor international students (not like the case in finance and consulting jobs). This burden is true in all schools.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Udi

Stern class of 2007

Yael RS
    חבר

To: osnat_z, Hoffmann

Hi Osnat,
    NYU has a very strong marketing department, and offers a wide variety of classes, such as marketing research, pricing, consumer analysis and marketing for Media and Entertainment industry. As Udi mentioned before, it's a bigger challenge for international students to get into marketing due to the nature of the companies and other consideration. However, if you are truly interested in marketing you can make it happen. A very good friend of mine worked at Starwood hotel in the summer and found additional opportunities within marketing.
    All in all, it's important for you to understand your needs – you want to prepare yourself to your career as a manager and work on other skills – finance, general management, managing change etc. When you analyze the school make sure to keep the big picture in mind – think not only of your first job of out school, but also where you see yourself in 5 years.

Best & good luck with the application process,

Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

Yael,

Can you please publish your email?

Thanks,

Itai.

Yael RS
    חבר

To: Itair

Hi Itai,

You can reach me at

[email protected]

Best,

Yael

JoeCool
    חבר

Yael,

After spending a long time on the NYU wait list last year, I was rejected.

No hard feelings, as things have worked out for the better. It is good that I stayed here in Israel this year.

Now that I am re-applying, how should I approach the application process? I am required to submit only the first essay. Should I just elaborate on what has changed over the past year? Should I submit additional essays? If so, then should I reestablish my commitment to NYU and its community through essay 2 or think up something new for essay 3?

I appreciate your input and opinion as I understand how involved and connected you are to Stern.

Thanks,

AZ

Yael RS
    חבר

Hi AZ,

First, I think that it’s a great thing you are re-applying – it shows that you are truly committed to the MBA process and your professional and personal development.

I’m not familiar with your application and therefore it’s hard to say what should be the focus of your essay. People usually asses their application and try to understand what are the areas of development – for some people it would be ex-curricular activity, for some it would be leadership experience, for others academic records etc.

It’s always a good idea to show your commitment to Stern and the community. In addition, I don’t know if you had the opportunity to visit school – it’s a wonderful way to learn about the program and show your interest. I recommend this regarding other schools as well, as it’s important that you’ll find the right fit for you.

If you have more questions about the process feel free to write me at [email protected]

Best & good luck

Yael

JoeCool
    חבר

Thanks Yael

I will take you up on your offer and send you an e-mail.

AZ

id
    חבר

Hi Yael,

I was wondering if you are the same Yael that took part in the Video Conference about a year ago together with an Admission member? No special reason I'm asking, just that assuming it was you I remember you talking very passionately about NYU… I'm anxious to hear more… When did you graduate? What position are you holding at the moment?

I hope you can answer my next questions (if anyone else can, please feel free to jump in…): Do you think NYU is suitable for someone with a background in a Mgmt. consulting's technology group who wants to go back to consulting (post-MBA position) and specialize in technology in the Financial Services Industry? What do you think are NYU's biggest strengths in that aspect – specific courses, professors, clubs, competitions?

Thanks,

id

Yael RS
    חבר

To: id

Hi ID,
    Yes – it’s the same Yael from last’s year video….I had the best 2 years of my life at Stern and I’d love to tell you more. I graduated 5/05 and started working in a top financial service firm in the Global Operations group. Background in technology and management consulting is valuable and could be transferable to technology in financial services….
    I love NYU because the people are so glad and it’s the student body that shapes the school – it’s student leaders who organize everything, create events, clubs, trips and this place into something so special. If you want, write me at
    face=Times New Roman [email protected] and we can schedule a phone call – I’d like to hear more about what are you looking to get from your MBA.
    Best,
    Yael

JoeCool
    חבר

Hi Yael,

Since re-applicants are only required to write the first essay, regarding career and goals, the question arose whether we should address our full history or just pick up from where we left off last year.

This qiestion was posted on the BW forum and the poster was recommended to contact NYU admissions directly. The response was some thing like: use your own judgement when preparing the essay. – Not much help.

What is your opinion on the subject?

Thanks,

AZ

id
    חבר

To: Hoffmann

Hi Udi,

Can you please publish your email?

I'd like to contact you off-line.

Thanks,

id

Hoffmann
    חבר

To: id

Sure, My email is: [email protected]

N_Pielet
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hi,

I am a first year MBA student at NYU and I would love to talk to anyone interested in the school. Feel free to email me at [email protected].

Good Luck to all the applicants!

zalexis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

To: N_Pielet, All, Yael RS, Hoffmann

Hello, ALL.

This message is directed firstly to all the NYU students from the forum.

I am applying for the second round this year (15 Jan).

I know I am running out of time but I still want to visit the school before the application date. I can get to NY around 10-13 Jan. I read on the Internet site that admissions office is open at those dates and starting 03/01 I can even register to "Information session and tour" leaving 16:30 each day.

Can you give me advice how to make this visit more effective for my application and even more importantly for myself ?

Alex Zaretsky

Yael RS
    חבר

To: zalexis

HI Alex,

Visiting school is a great idea – I know that it helped my a lot when I was doing my application and many others. It's winter break so many second years might be gone and the first year could be a bit busy as they are interviewing, but I assure you they'll find time to meet you and tell you about their time here.

I'm not sure if there are any classes at this day, if not – you might want to ask admissions by email before your visit about other activities – club's meeting etc.

I'm not at school any more (graduated last may) but feel free to write me if you need more emails for Israelis.

Best,

Yael

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 150 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.