מוצגות 24 תגובות – 101 עד 124 (מתוך 124 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • mikik
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 54

Now that I'm here, does anyone know of a scholarship list / expert I can learn from about how/when/who to apply to?

Thanks!

ereman
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

האם מבין החבר'ה שהתקבלו כבר יש למישהו נסיון עם העניין של חיפוש דירה? האם מומלץ ליסוע לשם או אפשר לעשות את זה מהארץ? איזשהם המלצות?

כנ"ל לגבי ויזה – איזשהן המלצות/עצות לגבי התהליך?

danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

In reply to ereman from January 08 2004 on 13:47

It depends on the location. There are places where you can get housing and others where you have to rent an apartment outside the campus.

While you don't have to visit and base your search on internet and current students, I highly recommend flying and looking for your self. You can do the final arrangements through email and phone, but you should least see for your self.

Regarding the Visa. Only after you register and have all your paperwork (including funding papers) at the school, they would provide you with an I-20, which allows you to go to the consulate and apply for a studnet visa.

Hope this helps.

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

In reply to ereman from January 08 2004 on 13:47

Hi there,

Firstly, Mazal Tov

Secondly, we have prepared an entire section in the IIMBA.org website to answer these questions

Thirdly, the best thing to do would be to contact current students from your school and ask them these specifics questions, which are very much dependant on where you where admitted (as Dani said)

hope it helps

Assaf

ereman
    חבר

In reply to danteleman2002 from January 08 2004 on 14:13

תודה רבה, דן ואסף!

דן, אני מופתע שאתה אומר שאולי שווה להשקיע את הטיסה, הרי הטיסה תעלה לי כמו שכר דירה לכמה חודשים… אתה רואה יתרון גדול בנסיעה שלדעתך מצדיק את זה? תודה רבה. דרך אגב, העדפת לעשות ביטוח רפואי דרך האוניברסיטה או דרך חברה חיצונית?

danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

In reply to ereman from January 08 2004 on 16:41

If you decide to fly during the winter and choose to fly through Europe, I bet you can find a flight for $500-600, which is less than a month rent.

Secondly, you have to strat looking at the big picture. You're about to spend $100,000+, so one additional flight wouldn't change much. I think it is worth it given that you're making a decision about the place you're going to live in for the next two years. I flew and was happy I did.

I got my insurnace through the school.

ereman
    חבר

In reply to danteleman2002 from January 09 2004 on 00:25

תודה רבה דן!!!

mikik
    חבר

שלום לכולם!

אני מוסיפה אותנו, המתקבלים החדשים של סתיו 2004, לרשימה הכוללת, לפי המסורת המהוללת של אסף וואנד.

אנא, מי שהתקבל לכמה בתי ספר, שיכתוב לאן סביר שהוא יירשם בסופו של יום.

ניתן לשלוח לי את פרטי הקשר שלכם (שם פרטי ומשפחה, בי"ס, שנת סיום MBA, כתובת מייל, טלפון וטלפון סלולרי) לכתובת: [email protected]

בהצלחה לכולם, ומי יתן שתהא זו שנה רוויית מלגות !!! (ממש…)

msarfaty
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

In reply to mikik from January 18 2004 on 19:57

למה שליליות?

דוקא יש תכניות שמציעות סכומים יפים מאד.

orieyal
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

In reply to msarfaty from February 11 2004 on 09:55

Hi Everyone.

Do you think that the issue of "how large is the Israeli community" at different schools should play a role in choosing a school?

I am referring here not just to students, but to all "Israeli's" living in the same city as the school.

It seems that having other Israeli's living in the same city could help with issues such as: Jobs for spouses, etc.

Does someone have info about "Israeli community size" for Chicago, Duke, and NY?

Thanks,

Ori

rkmba2002
    חבר

In reply to orieyal from March 10 2004 on 11:31

Both Chicago and NY have many (many!) Israelis. In anoutside the universities.

Don't know about Duke.

Roy

itaira
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

Hi All,

My school asked me to send, as part of the loan receipt process, official translations of several documents (originally, the documents are in Hebrew). I wanted to ask whether someone knows a different way to obtain these translations besides employing a notary and what are the approximate tariffs charged for these services.

Thanks in advance

Klier
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

In reply to itaira from March 16 2004 on 14:12

I sent only employer and Bank statements, both in English. I received my FA letters so in Wharton's case it is enough.

You should ask your bank to provide a translated statement describing your financial records and stating that you don't owe anything as far as it knows.
    Regarding the costs, I didn't pay a thing as far as I know…

mbawannabe
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 39

for which school if i may ask?

rkmba2002
    חבר

One easy and not expensive way to go about document transalation is to translate them yourself and notarizing in the US embassy. I think they charged last year about $20, but am not sure. Anyway, you can do it with any notary.

Roy

itaira
    חבר

In reply to mbawannabe from March 17 2004 on 17:21

I need these translations for LBS for documents they require other than bank scripts and salary proof.

gbiron
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 213

In reply to itaira from March 18 2004 on 09:57

I am waiting for the desicion from LBS and would be happy to talk to you about the school and different prospects.

Gur 054-522007

eshinar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

In reply to mikik from January 18 2004 on 19:57

בהמשך להודעתו של mikik:

How is that list going MIKIK?

So how is that list going?

gil_vivi
    חבר

To: eshinar

Hi all,

I was admitted to the Olin School of Business.

I plan to go to the U.S with my girlfriend (we are not married yet), and so I'm very troubled about her Visa to the U.S. ( I hope that I won't have any problems to get the F-1 Visa).We thought that the best way to do so is that she'll register to an english course close-by my University and will get an F-1 Visa too. any comments/suggestion on that idea?

Does anyone here has/had a similiar situation?

I would appreciate your help very much.

Thanks,

GIl.

eshinar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

To: gil_vivi

Well, I'm not in the exact same situation, however, I am thinking about doing something like that with my future wife (unless she will decide differently..)You can mail me to: [email protected] and will chat it over the phone.

rkmba2002
    חבר

To: gil_vivi

You should make sure that enrolling to an English class will be enough. I know that it is required to be enrolled full time and am not sure what is the procedure for part time studies.

Also, make sure that the topic she want to study makes sense (or at least can be justified). I know of a friend who got turned down on a visa because he was going to study English and the mebassy already say that since he is a greaduate student he does not need to study English, and they thought he had immigration intents.

I guess I am just confusing you, but I think you might want to be extra careful.

Roy

gbiron
    חבר

To: All

I have a question regarding scholarship strategy… Should I take the passive approach (i.e. wait and se what happens) or aggressive (i.e. write or call stating that my decision is based on the scholarship or that I am very poor etc…)

any thoughts ?

gbiron
    חבר

To: All

Another thought to all the admits…

I know it has been tried before with no success. Still does any-one want to try and group towards buying lap-tops ?

jgalore
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 15

To: gbiron

I'm up for it.

מוצגות 24 תגובות – 101 עד 124 (מתוך 124 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.