מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 150 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 48

Hello all,

We are 8 Israeli students in the program (4 second-years and 4 first -years) and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the school and the tremendous opportunities it can offer.

The Ross MBA program is now experiencing a great momentum, recently ranked #1 in the WSJ and #5 in BusinessWeek. The school emphasizes leadership, team culture and innovative approach and has an extremely strong network of alumni across the world.

Feel free to ask specific questions about the various career opportunities, the academic curriculum and social environment.

Good luck in the application process!

Nir, Ari, Roy, Addi, Itay, Ohad, Zvika and Shiri

shimonh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 159

To: Addi

Great.

Can you elaborate on high tech internship opportunities?

Is it a must to relocate for the summer or are there opportunities in the area (e.g. I heard that Google has a center in Ann Arbor)?

Are there enough MAP projects at high tech companies or those interesting to continue in high tech usually do MAP at other industries?

Thanks,

Shimon.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: shimonh

Shimon,

The big high-tech companies come to recruit on campus (Microsoft, Amazon, eBAy, Google, Apple, Dell, etc.) as well as some smaller ones and we also have opportunities to work in startups through a program that Marcel Gani (a philanthrop and a VP at Juniper) is sponsoring. You can read a little more about it at http://www.zli.bus.umich.edu/events_programs/internships.asp

Google just opened an office in Ann Arbor and there are some startups and small companies in the area (so there are some local opportunities), but your chances are higher to stay local and find a high-tech job if you leave in the west coast…

We have MAP projects in high-tech (a few are even local). I did one in Santa Clara that ended up being a local one because the company didn't have money to fly us out there… just remember that high-tech is a lot of things and depending on your interest, you might not have enough (you need to rank 10 options) local high-tech opportunities to choose from. But I wouldn't worry about that as the MAP was built to accommodate learning in the most supportive atmosphere and there's no better opportunity to get out of your comfort zone than choosing a project in a field you have no experience in.

To read more about the MAP program go to http://www.bus.umich.edu/Academics/GMBA/Curriculum/map.htm

Let me know if you have more questions,

Addi.

ndh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 26

שלום אנשי מישיגן

הייתי שמח לשמוע כמה טיפים לראיון במישיגן

כמו כן, אחד הדברים שמפחידים אותי הוא הקור, איך חבר'ה מישראל מסתדרים שם? נשמע קצת צתחיק אבל זו נראית בעיה ממש מכאן

NDH

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: ndh

Hi NDH,

First, the weather in Ann Arbor, Michigan is actually not that bad. It's milder than the weather in New York (NYU and Columbia), Boston (Harvard and MIT), New Hampshire (Tuck) or Chicago (Chicago and Kellogg), as there is less humidity and hardly ever wind here, which makes the cold still cold but more bearable and less "hoder la'azamot".

The houses are insulated better than in Israel, so although outside may be freezing cold (last year the lowest was -14 degrees Celsius), the house stays nice and warm. For instance, right now it's 8 degrees outside and the heating is not on. I slept with it on last night and the house is still warm…

So don't worry about the weather! A good coat (that you buy here, not in Israel) and a nice pair of gloves will take you through the winter here easily.

As for the interview…

Prepare your answers in advance. Know your stories very well (work with someone to listen to you practice your answers in English): why MBA, why now, why Michigan; Career goals and aspirations (and make then fit well the why stories…).

They choose people that fit the collaborative culture of the school- emphasize your team work experience and your leadership skills (army).

Hope it helps…

Feel free to ask more questions…

Addi.

ndh
    חבר

thanks,

If everything goes well I will visit the school in the late January

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

Good luck with the interview!

Let us know before you come visit!

kerenz
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 74

עדי… אני גם כאן . תודה רבה על הטיפים, ואני בטוח אעדכן אתכם בהמשך.

קרן.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: kerenz

Yofi!

Good to see you here (wow… adding an emoticon is not a simple task in this site…)

Zvika
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

Hi NDH,

Adding to Addi, if you are truly interested in Michigan (and you definitely should be), just make sure you express that during the interview. The essentials of the program here are team work, student initiatives and student driven activities, challenging academics, the MAP program (!), amazing social life and of course football (!!!). Usually being honest about why you want to do an MBA and why in Michigan should work the best. Just be yourself.

Hope I helped,
    Zvika
    nirdr
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

To: All

Hello all,

The Israeli MBA2 here in Michigan had an outstanding year in terms of recruiting, as I believe we all benefited from the recruiting brand and alumni network Michigan has (all top firms across industries recruit on campus).

If you have any question on career opportunities in Finance, feel free to ask me (I interned in Lehman Brothers Investment Banking division). The school offers great opportunities (even compared to the "core" finance business schools), especially for career switchers.

If you have questions regarding career opportunities in consulting, feel free to ask Roy (interned in BCG), Ari (McKinsey) or Addi (AT Kearney).

Best of luck in the admission process,

Nir

ndh
    חבר

To: Zvika

Thanks Zvika
    shimonh
    חבר

To: All, Addi, nirdr

Hi,

Did any of the students or alumni wrote a Case Study as part of The Paul Brentlinger Entrepreneurial Case Writing Program?

I would be happy to hear about that experience: how was it, did it enrich your learning experience and way of thinking, do you feel that it helped (or will help) you learn better or better analyze situations in your career, is there a usage for such methodology in real life – e.g. maybe in consulting jobs one writes case studies and such experience can probably help.

Thanks,
    Shimon.

shimonh
    חבר

To: All, Addi, nirdr

Few more, if I may:

Can you share your RLP (noticed they changed it from MLP) experience? What activities did you take? When (1st semester)? Do you feel that it shaped your leadership agenda? how?

Do you think that after RLP you can manage international group of people? Although integrity and values are something that you bring from home, do you feel that what you learn at RLP will help you better handle such conflicts?

Also, I heard about the Leadership Academy which is an extension of the RLP experience but I can't find anything in the website. If you are familiar with it or can refer me to a website, that would be great.

Thanks,

Shimon.

Zvika
    חבר

Hi Shimon,

Well, the RLP is a week and a half program which is held just before the first semester (Fall A) starts. The program is actually not only about leadership. Each day you go through different activities such as outdoor team building challenges, community volunteering work and fare amount of lectures and workshops. The program is also aimed to be some sort of an orientation phase and a chance to interact with people outside of your section and of course getting to know your section before classes kick off.

The lectures/workshops coverd subjects such as leadership, diversity, business integrity, social responsibility, the school’s code honor and even a coule of lectures about maintaining a healthy lifestyle throughout the two years of school. In general the whole program was very fun and inspiring (one example of an inspiring moment was a lecture by Eleanor Josaitis, the founder of http://www.focushope.edu). Personally, the thing that I enjoyed the most was the fact that it was a great chance to get to know many of my classs mates.

As for your question whether it gave me/us the tools to lead internationals team… well… as you said, leadership and integrity are things I believe we bring from home. I do feel that throughout the intense teamwork we do around school (on almost a daily basis) I definitely polish my social/leadership skills and my ability to interact and cooperate with an extremely divers group of peers. And still, the RLP was fun times :-)

Hope I helped,
    Zvika
    shimonh
    חבר

Hi Zvika,

Thanks a lot!

If I understand, there are the M-Trek and the RLP and both before the semestar starts?

Best,

Shimon.

Zvika
    חבר

Yup,

None of the preliminary events (RLP, M-trek, accounting one-week prep class, math skills workshop and the English program) overlaps. Besides the RLP which is mandatory, the participation in all the rest is totally up to you. The English and math things are not necessary at all.

Only in case you want to go into finance, and you have a background in accounting, you should consider taking the accounting prep class and the waiver exam. This way you can take advanced finance classes earlier. Shiri and Ohad can help you with that.

I would also warmly recommend going on an M-trek. I personally went to Belize. It is not only a chance to take an adventurous trip to an exotic location but also (and most important) the best way to establish a social network with your class peers. My best and closest friends are my friends from that trip and I keep in good touch with almost all the rest. If you can afford it do it. I might be leading one next year BTW.

Cheers,
    Zvika
    shimonh
    חבר

Great. Thanks a lot!
    yaniv1975
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 46

שלום לתלמידי אן-ארבור
    שמעתי שיש קרן שמממנת נסיעות של תלמידי mba לישראל. האם תוכלו לתת לי עוד מידע בעניין?
    תודה רבה!

shimonh
    חבר

To: Zvika, Addi, nirdr

Hi Again,

Can you refer to action-based activities in Marketing and General Management? i.e. is there something like the Tozzy center or Zell Lurie and Wolverine for those interested in Marketing and General Management?

Or maybe some of the marketing and GM courses themselves are taught in action-based way.

Thanks,

Shimon.

Zvika
    חבר

Hi Shimon,

First of all, you’ve got about 100 MAP projects to choose from. If you go to face=Verdana color=#800080 http://www.bus.umich.edu/Map/MapSponsors.pdf you’ll notice that great amount of projects are all about marketing. What can be better than a 7 week project with companies such as P&G, 3M or other leading companies from all sorts of industries.

In addition, you will have a big marketing project in your core marketing class during first year. You and year team will choose a company which is currently going through a challenging phase and after performing a comprehensive research and writing a case about it, you will have to come up with and present a detailed marketing proposal for the future.

Besides that, we have (too) many optional case competitions sponsored by all sorts of companies. Many of these competition deal with marketing challenges in different industries. I am also sure that the marketing club has additional things going on. The thing is that neither I nor any of the other Israelis are too much into marketing so we are less familiar with specific opportunities within the club. Feel free to contact the club members (or simply further explore) at face=Verdana color=#800080 http://www.umbsmarketingclub.org/.

Regards,
    Zvika
    shimonh
    חבר

Thanks Zvika!

I am familiar with what MAP offers. I was after other Action-Based aspects of the curriculum however your answer covers that as well.

Thanks,

Shimon.

Zvika
    חבר

Hello all prospective students,

I would just like to inform you that Nir Dror (MBA2), Itay Amidor (MBA1), I (MBA1) and a few more alumni will attend the Israel MBA Forum 2007 on the 28th. We would be more than happy to meet with you guys in person and answer any of your questions regarding the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and football.

Moreover, on January 5th, 10AM-12PM, we will have a Michigan specific info session at Fulbright. We will post more details about that soon but for those who are interested, you can now save the date.

Best regards and looking forward to meeting you all next Thursday,
    Zvika
    netzon
    חבר

We are pleased to invite you to a student-led information session for the
    University of MichiganRoss School of Business – MBA Program.

Current MBA students from Israel will discuss the Program and their experiences.

Date and Time: Friday, January 5th 2007, 10.00AM to 12.00PM

1 Ben Yehuda Street- Migdalor Building, Tel Aviv

Please register via the following link:

face=Times New Roman color=#800080 http://events.embark.com/event/UMich/MBA/RegisterAndReserve.asp?FORMSTATE=1&EVID=39862

gets
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 67

To: nirdr, All, Addi, Zvika

Hi guys.
    I am interested to talk with Ross' students or alums.
    Can anyone contact me at
    ge_ts at yahoo dot com
    Thank you in advance,
    gets
    Zvika
    חבר

To: gets, All, Addi, nirdr

Guys, i got it (Gets' message)
    rocksrabbit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 70

היי צביקה

קוראים לי איציק וגווינת' הודיעה לי היום שהתקבלתי ורציתי לשוחח איתך קצת על מילגות. רציתי לדעת אם נוכל לדבר בטלפון או באימייל.

האימייל שלי הוא itzik.katzav שטרודל ג'ימייל קום

תודה איציק

Zvika
    חבר

To: rocksrabbit

Those are fantastic news!

I’ll drop you an email in a second.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

Congratulations to all the new first round admits!

We are very excited for you!

Feel free to contact us with questions you have and don't forget to let us know before you come visit…

Looking forward to seeing you in Ann Arbor,

The current Ross Israelis.

ndh
    חבר

שלום לכולם,

גם אני קיבלתי את ההודעה המשמחת.

אשמח לדבר אתכם. אני מבין שסוף השבוע של המתקבלים הוא ב -12 לאפריל כך שבטוח נהיה שם אז.

סוף שבוע טוב אי שם במישיגן

ניסן

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

נשמח לראותכם בין אורחינו

rocksrabbit
    חבר

היי עדי

אני זוכר שבכנס הלפני אחרון שלכם בארץ דיברת קצת על מלגות וציינת שהם ממש מחושבים, וממש מחשבים לך הכל אפילו את הכרטיס טיסה הבייתה.

1. עם כמה כסף כדאי להגיע על מנת לצלוח את הזמן מרגע הנחיתה עד לקבלת ההלוואה?

2. האם תוך כדי הלימודים צריך להחזיר את ההלוואה?

3. מניסיונך כמה שנים לוקח להחזיר הלוואה בסדר גודל כזה (בממוצע)?

תודה על כל העזרה שלך ושל רועי, צביקה, ארי, ניר וכולם שם במישיגן. אני חושב שמגיע לכם כרדיט אדיר, הדרייב שלכם להביא כמה שיותר ישראלים לרוס הוא אחד הסיבות העיקריות למספר המתקבלים הישראלים כבר בסיבוב הראשון. ובהחלט מעורר השראה.

נקווה שלא נאכזב אתכם ושנצליח בעתיד למשוך עוד ישראלים לביה"ס.

איציק

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

I spoke about loans, not scholarships…

The loan from Ross (or should I say from CitiBank) is really easy to obtain.

You just need to state you need it and how much are you planning to borrow.

After you start school you can adjust the sum according to your expenses (backed up by invoices or flight itineraries- you are allowed for 3 flights home during a school year). You don't have to take the maximum sum, but if you need it you can.

You don't start paying back the loan before 6 months after graduation, so no worries about paying anything (but your expenses, covered by the loan) in the next couple of years…

It takes about a month to actually receive the money (from the time you get to AA), in which you need to pay rent (and deposite), furnish your apartment, buy a laptop and some home appliances, etc. so bringing with you a few thousands dollars is a good idea…

As up to this point I only borrowed money, I can't tell you from my experience how long did it take to repay it… You can have up to 20 years (or so) to repay it, with no penalties if you pay prior to that (which means that you can pay it all in 3-4 years if you have the extra cash…)

If you have more specific questions feel free to email me directly,

A

rocksrabbit
    חבר

thanx

Addi, I indeed meant loans.
    Your answer pretty much cover it all up.

ronnyk
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

שלום,

שמי רוני ואני כרגע בשנה שניה של כלכלה וחשבונאות,

רציתי להמשיך לתואר שני באחת האוניברסיטאות היוקרתיות, אבל אני ממש בתחילת התהליך והייתי שמח לקבל מידע על הצעדים הראשונים שעלי לעשות, וכמו כן על תהליך הקבלה והדרישות,

תודה

רוני

Roy Heldshtein
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

To: ronnyk

Hi Roni,

Your question seems to be short and simple, but actually you are about to enter a whole new world of information and diffrent opinions…

I will be happy to start by sharing mine. Feel free to write me at [email protected], and we'll take it from there.

Good luck,

Roy

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

To: ronnyk

Ronny,

I suggest you visit the following 2 websites, to gain a broader understanding of what it takes to apply to top-notch international MBA programs:

Best of luck!

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: ronnyk, All

Roni,

You can start your search for information in the different chats on the left (look for older chats for background info on the process).

Let us know if youhave specific questions about the Ross experience,

Addi.

ido chen
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

שלום

שמי עידו והייתי שמח אם אוכל לפנות במייל לאחד מהסטודנטים/בוגרים של רוס על מנת לברר על התכנית.

תודה וחג שמח

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: ido chen

Hi Ido,

Feel free to email me addir shtrudel umich nekuda edu

Sorry for being cryptic… I don't want junk mail in my inbox…

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Addi.

rocksrabbit
    חבר

To: ido chen

Hello Ido

My name is Itzik Katzav and if you have questions on the application process I would be happy to answer.

I was just admitted (3 months ago) to class of 2009, so feel free to contact:

itzik nekuda katzav a t gmail com

you can access any of us through our site:

http://www.israelatross.com

keep in mind that this is a new website and we are working hard to feel it up. also not all of us are registered there yetm there are actually a lot more students and future students (class 2009)

BTW
    You will need to go through a short registration.

gili4u
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 78

Hi Addi,
    My name is Gili; I'm thinking about applying to Ross next year.

Are there many Israelis around at Ann Arbor these days ? Is there a Jewish community in the area ?

Thanks,

Gili.

rocksrabbit
    חבר

To: gili4u

היי גילי (זה גילי הברמן או גילי אחר?)

1. כרגע באן ארבור אין ישראלים (הם כולם פה בארץ, כאשר צביקה בקליבלנד ועדי מטיילת).

2. הקהילה הישראלית במישיגן היא הגדולה בארה"ב. באן ארבור ספציפית הקהילה היהודית קטנה מאוד (סטודנטים, פרופסורים וכו').

בכל מקרה עדיף שתשאל מישהו ממחזור 2007 או 2008, תוכל ליצור איתם קשר ישיר דרך האתר שלנו:

http://www.israelatross.com/Home/outreach/Students.aspx

http://www.israelatross.com/Home/outreach/Alumni.aspx

איציק קצב

מחזור 2009

gili4u
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 78

אכן אני, פירסמתי את הפוסט כשעוד הייתי צעיר לגבי רוס :)

תודה,

גילי.

SleepingIn
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 22

שלום לכל החבר'ה מרוס.
    הייתי בכנס ודיברתי עם כמה מכם. כל הכבוד על ההענות, הפתיחות והרצון לעזור.

האסטרטגיה שלי לקראת האפליקיישן קשורה ב-Healthcare, היות ויש לי ניסיון של שנתיים בתחום. פניתי כבר ליו"ר מועדון ה- Healthcare & Science, וקיבלתי מסמך המתאר תוכנית להקמת מרכז מחקר בנושא מכשור רפואי וטכנולוגיה. התוכנית נוסחה ע"י:
    James D. Geiger, MD, Pediatric Surgery, School of Medicine
    Albert J. Shih, PhD, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering

האם מישהו מכם שמע על התוכנית? אם כן, עד כמה היא ממשית והאם יש טעם להזכירה בחיבור why ross ?

rocksrabbit
    חבר

To: Amit Goldstein

היי עמית

שוחחנו על זה בטלפון, אני חושב שכדאי שתפנה לאנשים במייל כי חלקם בחופש כרגע.

כמו שאמרתי לך בטלפון עדיף שתפנה לסטודנט שנה שנייה (אלה שמתחילים שנה שנייה) שלח לי אימייל ואני אענה לך עם המיילים שלהם.

תשאל אותם אם הם מכירים מישהו מהמחזור שלהם שבחר בכיוון הזה (מכל לאום שהוא כמובן), אותו תשאל שאלות על התוכנית והאם הוא מינף את האפליקיישן שלו באמצעות מסלול זה.

איציק

itzik.katzav @ gmail.com

אתה יכול גם ליצור עם כולם קשר דרך האתר שלנו:

http://www.israelatross.com/Home/OutReach/Students.aspx

אלמוני
    אורח
    מספר הפוסטים: 24

can you say how much is the rent for a 1-bedroom apartment,is it easy to sublet during the summer internship?
    any websites like homeless.co.il?
    rocksrabbit
    חבר

To: a aa

שלום

קודם כל הייתי שמח לדעת במי מדובר….

אני משכיר דירת חדר אחד (מה שבישראל נקרא דירת שני חדרים) ב 775$, אך המחירים נעים מ 600-900 תלוי ברמת הדירה ובמיקום. לגבי השכרה לחודשי הקיץ, אני יודע שהסטודנטים הנוכחיים לא ממש הצליחו למצוא ושזה לא כל כך פשוט, מכיוון שמדובר בעיר שחלק נכבד מתושביה הם הסטודנטים וכולם עוזבים בקיץ ומחפשים להשכיר את הדירה. עם זאת זה ממש לא בלתי אפשרי…

אני אשמח לשוחח איתך מעבר לעניין הדירה אם יש לך עוד שאלות

איציק

itzik.katzav a t gmail com

http://www.israelatross.com

http://www.ikatzav.com

ndh
    חבר

שלום לכולם,

לאחרונה דובר הרבה על האפשרות להוציא כרטיס אשראי בארה"ב, אני ממליץ לכל בעלי אמריקאן אקספרס פשוט להעביר את הכרטיס הישראלי – הם מבטלים אותו פה ומנפיקים אותו שם בחשבון האמריקאי.

תעקבו אחר הפירוט בלינק הבא:

http://www.americanexpress.com/globaltransfers/global_card_transfer_en.shtml

שאומר בגדול:

When you’re moving to another country, you have a lot of things on your mind – and your Card shouldn’t be one of them.

That's why we created Global Card Transfer. As an American Express Cardmember, you have exclusive access to this service that's been designed to make your life easier, and to help build your credit rating in your new country of residence.

With Global Card Transfer, we can transfer your existing Card1 or you can choose a Card from a wide range of Card offerings – all with the service and coverage you have come to expect from American Express.

To complete your Card Transfer by phone call:

1-800-453-2639 (North America) or 01-801-945-2048 (International).

בהצלחה

:)

rocksrabbit
    חבר

היי ניסן

זה בדוק הנושא הזה? אתה מכיר מישהו שעשה את זה?

אם כן נראה לי ששווה להוציא כרטיס פה בארץ גם אם אין לי כרגע לא?

איציק

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 150 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.