מוצגות 50 תגובות – 51 עד 100 (מתוך 241 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • LPOW
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 200

To: zefko

What are the unique attributes of Stanford vs. Harvard? – or what makes your school special – do you have a lot of 28 year old geezers or is it all 24 year old geniuses? :)

Just wondering though not sure my question is even relvant ;)

zefko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 44

To: LPOW

Diversity is very important in Stanford. You can find 24 years old and 35 years old people. All are relevant to the school as each adds something unique to the classes.
    About what is unique vs. other schools I can not answer completely because I know only about Stanford and it will not be fare to talk about other places. My personal believe is that both schools are great schools, the question is which is better for you and you are the only one that can answer this question after some research about the schools and their culture.
    For me several things that are important for me are:
    The spirit of entrepreneurship.
    The friendly atmosphere that has routs in the west coast location
    And the most important thing for me is the people, I have yet to have a boring conversation with classmate, they are all friendly talented and overall amazing people.

YFEFFER
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 35

To: All

הי כולם

קודם כל ברכות על פתיחת סניף בוגרי סטנפורד כאן בארץ!!

אשמח לשמוע עליו עוד ובעיקר האם ניתן ליצור קשר עם בוגרים החברים בו והאם הוא מספק מידע כלשהו שאינו מופיע באתרים רשמיים של ביה"ס.

הייתי רוצה לדעת מהם להערכתכם תחומי החוזק של סטנפורד (מימון/שיווק/ניהול כללי…) ובאילו תחומים הוא ככל הנראה פחות חזק או שאולי הוא מצוין בהכל אבל פחות נחשב מבחינת מגייסים חיצוניים.

דבר נוסף שהייתי שמח לדעת הוא איך סטנפורד השתלב בתוכניות הקריירה שלכם כשנרשמתם, ואיך הוא השפיע על ההחלטות שלכם בנוגע לקריירה (אם אתם/ן הגעתם לתוכנית כCAREER CHANGERS כמוני ונתתם לחוויה הלימודית לכוונן אתכם יותר במדויק לגבי שינוי הקריירה אשמח לשמוע על כך בהרחבה).

תודה רבה!

zefko
    חבר

To: YFEFFER

Hello,
    For alumni connection please contact the administration through the website.
    About the strength of the school, my personal view is that the two main strengths are general management and entrepreneurship. However, there is no typical Stanford path and you will find many people in completely different industries.
    You see many alums that have started their own companies and at the same time you see others in corporate America.
    I am also a career changer (sort of) and I believed (and still do) that after my studies I can choose the path that is right for me. In my first year I am exploring the different industries and the different courses and next year I hope to focus on 2-3 industries that I would find most interesting.
    I think that Stanford gives you the set of tools to work in any industry you will choose to.

I hope this helps,
    Please feel free to ask any other question,
    Zefko
    YFEFFER
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 35

הי ZEFKO (יש שם פרטי?) ותודה על התשובה.

שאלתי לגבי הסניף הישראלי של רשת בוגרי סטנפורד היות ואני בקשר עם בוגר סטנפורד (זאב לדרמן) שמתעניין בסניף החדש. מדובר בישראלי לשעבר החי בארה"ב אך מבקר בארץ לעיתים תכופות.

יש איזו כתובת של בוגר/אחראי הסניף שניתן להפנות אותו אליו או שאת כל זה הוא חייב לקבל מהמנהלה של סטנפורד?

לגבי שאלות נוספות על סטנפורד – אל חשש, עוד נכונו לך המון שאלות בעניין ממני <-:

תודה,

יוני

zefko
    חבר

I am happy to announce that next year there will be at least 10 Israelis in Stanford.
    7 of them are coming straight from Israel and the other 3 have been living in the US for a long time.

Keep on this legacy and apply for next year.
    If you have any questions please let me know.

Zefko
    shimonh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 159

Hi,

The following article published in BW might be of interest to those planning on applying to Stanford:

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/content/jun2006/bs2006065_4760_bs001.htm?campaign_id=nws_mbaxp_jun12&link_position=link3

Enjoy,

Shimon

asaf_sagy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 68

שלום לכולם!

אני בשלב האחרון של בחירת בתי הספר ל 2007.

יש לי דילמה עצומה האם להירשם לסטנפורד. מצד אחד יש לי ציון ג'ימט יחסית נמוך והבנתי שהסיכוי שלי לא גבוה(באופן ספציפי לסטנפורד) .

מצד שני אני מבין שזהו המוסד הנחשק ביותר בקרב הישראלים.

האם מישהו מכם יכול לענות על שאלת מליון הדולר- למה דווקא סטנפורד?

תודה רבה!

אסף.

zefko
    חבר

To: asaf_sagy

Hello Asaf,
    First of all I have to say that high GMAT score is good for your application, but it is not a must. The admission looks at your entire profile: experience, recommendations, essays, undergrad record and GMAT. There is no minimal GMAT score and I have many class mates that got in with “low” GMAT score.

About Stanford, for me it was all about the people and the atmosphere in the school. Many people visit and fall in love with the place.
    Of course that there are other factors, among them: The location (great weather of California and the center of the Silicon Valley), Reputation and alumni network.

I think that you should look deeper into Stanford and decide what the right answer is for you, for me it was with no doubt the right decision.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Yasmin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 63

I don't know where to start… the collaborative culture, the truly outstanding people (most of which i will take with me for the rest of my life), the small class, the approachable faculty and staff, the interesting courses (and for your class – also the incredible change in the core and class structure), learning from those who wrote the text books, enjoying the proximity to silicon valley, the involved alums, the study trips, the unique chance to make a difference….

I graduated 2 weeks ago and I can honestly say I had the most amazing and challenging two years of my life: I met so many interesting people, broadened my horizons, stepped out of my comfort zone (on many occasions :-)) and gained a new set of skills.

I also think that it is a question of a personal fit. This is not the right place for everyone. For me it was. I recommend researching thoroughly the web site, talking with current students and alums and maybe even visiting here – all in order to understand what the GSB is about. If you understand what the school is about and why you want to come here, you will also be able to write a better application.

Oh, almost forgot the GMAT… the GMAT is one of several criteria as Zepko mentioned above. on the GSB's web site you can see that for the class of 2007 the range of GMAT grades was 500 to 800 (with an average of 720). I also heard (i am not sure if it is officail or just a legend) that applicants with a GMAT of 800 did not get in. It may be discouraging but PLEASE dont let a low GMAT grade discourage you (or any other Israelis) from submitting their applications. It is one of many criteria….

Read here more about admissions criteria http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/mba/admission/index.html

Good luck

Yasmin

asaf_sagy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 68

To: Yasmin, zefko

Yasmin & Zefko!

Thank you for your replies.

From your descriptions the school sounds amazing.

As a person with a background at engineering and with four year experience at Intel, Stanford was my natural choice. However I'm afraid that my odds are not high with my GMAT grade.

I think that I will do some more reaserch regarding my chances before letting go.

Asaf Sagy

Yasmin
    חבר

Asaf –

Research about the school, not about chances……

If it is your natural choice, just apply.

Worse that can happen is you spend time writing the application (which was a fun process itself… the Stanford essay question is different than other schools)

Best that can happen is you get in and get a chace to spend 2 truly amazing years here.

To me, the upside is so much more valuable than the cost of the downside, so I recommend applying regardless of your GMAT.

I applied although I was sure there is no chance I will get in. Actually thinking about it, all of my friends here, Israelis, Americans and Internationals, did not think they will get in

I am so glad to hear our posts sparked more interest in the school…

Yasmin

bilgrai
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

Hey Asaf – I must agree with Yasmin. We also thought that it would be impossible to be accepted to Stanford – but in two months more than 7 Israelis will start school year in Stanford. If you keep in mind the small class size, you will notice that the odds of being accepted in Stanford are not as small as one might think.

Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

To: bilgrai, assaflev

Guys,

Although you both are a "bit" more experience than I am, I am getting the impression that you are really having fun there – meaning – "you are living in a movie" (If I may…). Being admitted to Stanford requires some good background and especially good grades and GMAT (Stanford is known for prefering high grades and GMAT over other things). I don't think it is that easy to get in and and it is sometimes even impossible to get

in with GMAT < 700 and no other some kind of leadership or something else HUGE that you did.

I am sure that most of the Stanford's MBA students with GMAT > 750 did not think they will get in but finally did. But this is not the case with applicants who have low GMAT.

Your notes remind me a girl that once wrote here that she got very high GMAT and got admitted to all TOP-5 only by going to the gym and resting all day….

If you want to be admitted – you have to make a comprehensive research. I don't think there are any discounts here…

good luck anyway :)

itai.

Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

To: bilgrai, Yasmin

Guys,

Although you both are a "bit" more experience than I am, I am getting the impression that you are really having fun there – meaning – "you are living in a movie" (If I may…). Being admitted to Stanford requires some good background and especially good grades and GMAT (Stanford is known for prefering high grades and GMAT over other things). I don't think it is that easy to get in and and it is sometimes even impossible to get

in with GMAT < 700 and no other some kind of leadership or something else HUGE that you did.

I am sure that most of the Stanford's MBA students with GMAT > 750 did not think they will get in but finally did. But this is not the case with applicants who have low GMAT.

Your notes remind me a girl that once wrote here that she got very high GMAT and got admitted to all TOP-5 only by going to the gym and resting all day….

If you want to be admitted – you have to make a comprehensive research. I don't think there are any discounts here…

good luck anyway :)

itai.

Yasmin
    חבר

To:all

To clarify:

My point was that if you dont apply, your admission chances drop to zero. I am not discouraging any research, i just think that the research should be around the school and why is it the best fit for you (if it really is). I would hate it if Stanford would lose worthy applicants jusr because they think they don't have a chance.

….and by the way, as Zefkp mentioned before, if we count Israelis that currently live in the US, we can expect 10 Israelies in the class of 2008 (out of which 3 are girls)

Apply !!!

noac
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

To: Yasmin

My is Noa corem,
    I am working at human resources company in Israel, (www.ema.com), that locate high standard employees.
    I am looking for MBA graduates from the leading programs in U.S.A, that fit or have a background in high tech. The position offered is an initiatory and strategic position in international giant software company, which develops in Israel also.
    If anyone interested. Or know someone that will be interested- please refer him to me, or me to him.
    My e-mail address [email protected]
    My cellular phone: 972508479094
    Ill be glad to answer about any question
    Thanking you in anticipation

Noa.
    UPA
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 42

שלום לכולם

שמי אירינה, ואני מגישה מועמדות לסטנפורד בעוד כחודשיים, לכיתה המתחילה בסתיו 2007.

קצת על עצמי- אני עתודאית, סיימתי תואר ראשון בהנדסת מערכות מידע באוניברסיטת בן גוריון בנגב, לא בהצטיינות. עוד לא עשיתי את ה GMAT וגם לא את ה TOEFL. בצבא אני מנהלת פרוייקטי מע' מידע. יש לי רקע התנדבותי, הייתי גם ראש מועצת הסטודנטים בבן גוריון.

לאחר ההחלטה ללמוד MBA- התלבטתי – איפה. הוריי גרים בקליפורניה, ובביקוריי שם ביקרתי בסטנפורד. התאהבתי, מקום מדהים, ממש יפה. השאלה שלי היא איך אפשר ליצור קשר עם סטודנטים שלומדים שם, עם אנשים מאגודת הסטודנטים- אני אהיה בביקור בסוף אוקטובר השנה.

תודה,

אירינה

Yasmin
    חבר

To: UPA

Irina hi –

I am a recent alumna (class of 2006).

If you plan to come and visit in Stanford, i recommend taking advantage of some of the programs our admissions office offers to prospective students.

You can

(1) Go on a tour of the business school, guided by a current MBA student (or tour the entire campus if you prefer)

(2) Join an information session about the MBA

(3) Go to lunch with current students

(4) Join current students to a class

Read more here http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/mba/outreach/on_campus_events.html

You should check availability and register in advance online. If you prefer meeting with Israeli students, you can email the admissions email after you register online and they will try to help.

Also, once you have a date for your visit, I would love to help and put you in touch with current Israeli students and meet with you myself, if I will be available.

When you are visiting, students that you will meet would usually give you their contact info. You can also email students' clubs with specific questions concerning their clubs (emails can be found online). My recommendation is that you will be prepared with VERY SPECIFIC questions which are relevant to the student you are approaching.

Good luck

Yasmin

Yasmin
    חבר

To: noac

Hi Noa –

I can recommend posting on the job board of the MBA program or emailing the CMC (Career Management Center) in Stanford's GSB. I am sure you can also email similar career centers in the other leading business schools.

Yasmin

UPA
    חבר

Yasmin, thank you for your reply.

I have some more questions, if it's ok..

Did you guided such tours? What can you tell about them?

Thanks for the link!

Irina

Yasmin
    חבר

Irina –

I did not guide any of the tours but I took many prospective students to my classes.

If you have to choose between the activities and cant do all, i think the information session would prove more usefull and you can walk around the school by yourself. if you have the time, do all of them, it should provide a lot of info you can use in your application and in understanding if the school is the right fit for you

Yasmin

UPA
    חבר

BTW- hte events published at the link you gave are till September only. I guess I'll wait for new (October) dates to be schedualed.

Thank you,

Irina

zefko
    חבר

Irina,

I am second year student in the GSB (don’t believe I am in my second year).

When you come, you are more than welcome to contact me. I will be able to take you to one of my classes.

My e-mail is: color=#0000ff [email protected].

I will be in Israel next week and will be happy share my experience.

Good luck with the application and see you soon,

Zefko

avishaish
    חבר

Irena,

You are more than welcome to contact me. Despite not having spent 1 min. in a class here (they start in 3 weeks) I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

Avishai

[email protected]

UPA
    חבר

To: avishaish

Hi, Avishay,

So you are going to start your MBA this fall?

benny
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

Hi Zefko,

My name is Benny and I am M.Sc student in CS faculty at Technion. Since we have a pretty similar background, I would like to contact you regarding your application process. Is it possible?

Thx in advance

avishaish
    חבר

Yes – we start on the 17th of Sept.
    UPA
    חבר

Congrats!!!

Are you still in Israel ?

zefko
    חבר

To: benny

Hi,

Please e-mail me at: [email protected].

Thanks,

Nir

Hirsch11
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone could be of assistance with inquiries regarding the Sloan 1-year program at Stanford.

This program seems just tailored to my needs and aspirations, and I wish to verify it with a former/current student. In addition, I'd like to asses my true chances of getting in.

Thanks,

Guy.

Yasmin
    חבר

To: Hirsch11

Guy –

There were no Israelis at the Sloane program in the last 2 years (i can check the database for earlier years but only after the weekend). I can try and answer your questions or forward them to other people around here that may be able to help. Just post them here and we'll see how we can help you

Yasmin

Hirsch11
    חבר

Thanks. I guess that no Israelis means something after all, or that it may be a signal that it is about time…
    Yasmin
    חבר

i think it's about time we will have someone in the Sloane program…. it is a very small program and on many occasions the company where you work sponsors it (so it may be too costly for Israeli employers? dont know.. but will ask around for you)

Good luck

Hirsch11
    חבר

I'm the CEO of a young start-up, this is the second start-up I'm heading (the first one still running, I got out as a resault of selling my shares). However, this start-up is backed by a leading VC, and by 2007 we should have (hopefully…) offices in the US. They will NOT sponsor me financially, but I'm ready to take the burden myself.
    Yasmin
    חבר

Guy –

I spoke with an American who just graduated from the Sloane program and he is willing to answer questions over email.

Email me at [email protected] and i will give you his contact info (i dont want to post his email here witout his permission).

I guess it would be beneficial for the community if you copy and paste here any valuable Q&A that you will cover with him

Yasmin

itamarg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

Hi Yasmin,

My name is Itamar and I'm planning on submitting an MBA application for the Fall of 2008 (since I want to apply on first round and don't have everything ready yet).
    The information that is found on the web make it very hard to distinguish one B-school from the other (regarding top10 B-schools).
    At the momnet I'm favouring Stanford but I'm not sure that I do it from the right reasons, however the fact that it probably has the best weather must mean something :-).
    I would very much like to know what made you choose Stanford.
    And also, did you use any proffessional application assitance services such as Aringo or MBA Mission (and why you did or didn't use them)?

Many thanks,
    Itamar

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 124

To: eladho

Hi eladho,

Hoping that you're still around, I happened to read your interesting questions regarding the SUSE/MBA possibilities at Stanford.

As someone who intends to apply for this year's R1, and that considers this path extremely connected to his career path, it could be really great to learn more from your experience and/or research.

Thanks,

Psychodude

zefko
    חבר

To: itamarg

Hi Itamer,

I am not Yasmin, but I will be happy to assist.

I am a second year student and I am currently in Israel.

Please contact me at: [email protected]

Zefko

avner arad
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

To: zefko, All

הי כולם

אני כרגע בתהליך הכנת הבקשה ללימודים בסטנפורד לספטמבר 2007.
    אני מתעניין בנושא סביבה ויודע שיש בסטנפורד כמה קורסים העוסקים בנושאי ניהול סביבתי-חברתי

ויש כמובן את התוכנית הבין תחומית

IPER

אשמח לדעת אם למישהו יצא ללמוד באחד הקורסים בנושא ובעיקר אם אתם מכירים סטודנטים התכונית הדו תחומית שציינתי למעלה שיהיה מוכן לענות קצת על שאלות. אני מבין גם שיש מועדונים לנושאי ניהול סביבתי-חברתי. האם אתם מכירים את הפעילות בהם?

שיהיה לכולםיום טוב
    אבנר

avishaish
    חבר

To: avner arad

Hi Avner,

I am unfarmiliar with these topics but I can ask around and look for a good contact.

Avishai

Yasmin
    חבר

To: itamarg

Itamar hi –

I am sorry for the delay, but i just saw your post….

I think that it is a question of fit. Stanford was amazing for me. The most important aspect of the fit for me, was the culture. When i came to visit in admit weekend, I immediately felt at home. I liked the collaborative spirit and the "Can do" attitude.

There are obviously other reasons…. and i think you should explore more and find out why Stanford is this the best school for YOU

hope this helps

Yasmin

avner arad
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

Hi Avishai,

That would be great. my email is [email protected]. feel free to forward it to anyone who knows about the environmental mba dual program and is willing to help with some info

all the best

avner

Limch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 323

To: avner arad

Stanford Session
    מפגש עם נציגה רשמית של תוכנית MBA באוניברסיטת STANFORD .

האירוע יתקיים ביום רביעי, ה-18.10.2006 בין השעות: 19:00-21:00

במלון שרתון תל-אביב, הירקון 115 תל-אביב .

פרטים נוספים על האירוע ולהרשמה: color=#800080 face=Courier New">http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/mba/outreach/info_sessions.html

erans
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

To: Yasmin, zefko

Yasmin, Nir,

If you had to catch the spirit of Stanford in one sentence, what would it be?

Thanks,

Eran

אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

שלום לכולם,

אשמח אם מישהו יוכל לספר קצת על המפגש שהיה אתמול ברחוב הירקון לכל אלו שלא יכלו להגיע.

תודה,

אייל

the_s_man
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

To: אייל

באופן כללי הוצגה התוכנית החדשה של סטנפורד, אשר מאפשרת פרסונליזציה משמעותית יותר של תכני הלימודים ובחירה (בפרט בשנה השניה) מהמון קורסי בחירה במסגרות קטנות יחסית.
    מעבר לזה ניתן דגש אדיר על ידי הבוגרים לעניין אי פרסום דירוג הציונים עד סיום התואר והאוירה היחודית (והפחות תחרותית יחסית) שזה יוצר. שלושת הבוגרים שהיו הדגישו את זה כשיקול בבחירה, אחד גם הזכיר שזה דומה בקלוג. הרעיון של בית הספר הוא דחיפה לעבודה קבוצתית ולימוד אחד מהשני תוך ניטרול "חתיכת הגרונות" המקובלת.
    היה גם קצת בלה בלה על מזג האויר הנהדר בקליפורניה (נכון, אבל ידוע לכולם אני מניח) ועל כך שסה"כ הבצפר שואף לכ- 35-40% זרים בכל מחזור.
    שאר הנתונים הטכניים יותר שהוזכרו קל למצוא לדעתי באתר של סטנפורד.
    מקווה שזה עונה לך חלקית על השאלה,
    S
    zalexis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

Hi, ALL!!!

I am applying this year to Berkeley-HAAS, so I am very much interested in contacting students or alumni of this school.

So, Berkeley people, if you can hear me, please, respond. I need your help.

P.S. I know that I am writing to the Stanford blog and thus my question is kind of unrelated, but this blog was the closest one (at least geographically) to Berkeley I could find in the forum.

Thanks a lot.

Alex Z

Yasmin
    חבר

Eran – i dont want to even try….. I think it is so different for everyone

For me, the 2 years i spent in Stanford were the most exciting years ever. I felt i am surrounded by a big and warm family, that everyone is so smart and interesting and that i have a unique opportunity to be in this mind blowing environment.

i am not sure this is what you were asking….
    hope this helps
    yasmin

ronenE
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14

To: zalexis

Hi Alex,

My name is Ronen and I am a first year at Haas.

You can contact me to ro[email protected] if you have any questions.

Best,

Ronen

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 51 עד 100 (מתוך 241 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.