מוצגות 47 תגובות – 1 עד 47 (מתוך 47 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • nahshond
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

To: All

Nahshon Davidai, a second-year student at Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College, will gladly answer any questions about Tuck in particular and MBA in general.

About me: I currently live in Hanover, NH with my wife and 3-year old son. Prior to Tuck, I worked mostly in business development of startups and entrepreneurial innovations. I would like to pursue a career in management consulting, and during the summer I interned with Booz Allen Hamilton in Denver. This forum's purpose is to provide prospective students with answers to any questions you might have on Tuck.

About Tuck: the first graduate school of business, Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College is one of the top management schools in the world. Tuck offers only one degree program—the full-time MBA. Such focus allows Tuck to offer outstanding support to its students and faculty. Tuck's faculty members are outstanding scholars with a passion for teaching and research. At the cutting edge of their disciplines, they are highly regarded for their expertise in key areas of business practice. Tuck combines the intellectual and competitive strength of a large university with the soul of a tightly knit community. For more information please visit http://www.tuck.edu.

Nahshon

porata
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 50

To: nahshond

Hi Nachshon,

Hope u r enjoying your time!

Thanks for your devotion.

a few questions,

1. Can u elaborate about you stats which led you to Tuck?(and other Israelis).

2. As I have read, you are studying with your wife and kid, this is a big problem for me since if and when I apply, I will not know what my wife and probably, a future child will do – job wise and education wise.

3. Can u tell more about other Israelis, if any, that are studying at Tuck?

4. What other U.S. programs enable family life for the student's family?

5. What do you see as Tuck's strong points? (apart from skiing )

again, thanks alot,

Assaf.

JoeCool
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 267

Hi Nahshon

I have been looking in to Tuck as an option for my MBA, and many of the points you made are relevant to my situation.

I too have a family, my oldest (of two) also currently 3 yrs. old. Since we are religious, I was wondering if besides all the wonderful things you mentioned for a family, what is the situation of the religious community in Hanover or its surroundings, if one even exists….

Thank You,

Aaron

nahshond
    חבר
    To: JoeCool
    I am glad to hear you are interested in Tuck. I can tell you what I know about religious facilities/possibilities at and around Dartmouth, but the better point of contact will be Alan Operman, who is a religious Israeli student at Tuck. Please contact me offline and I will make the connection. Best, Nahshon
    fransis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

hi nahshon ;

my name is dovi and i consider applying to Tuck this january. i would like 2 learn more about Tuck ( i'll try to learn from the web site as much as i can). i would appreciate though ,if it's alright with u, to ask you more questions over the phone.

regards

dovi fransis

fransis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

To: dudy

dudy tnxs i sent u a mail hope u got it

dovik

mb3
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 39

Hi,

Attached some Q&A regarding Tuck which I asked by email .

Thanks to David (who is currently study there) on his in depth answers.

1. How would you define Tuck: a program with quantitative orientation or qualitative orientation?

I don’t think Tuck has an “official” orientation in terms of quantitative vs. qualitative. What I can tell you is that the academic part is extremely rigorous (I know many people think MBA studies are a cruise but at least here they’re far from it), and very practical. By practical I mean that the school’s philosophy is to put an emphasis on tools you’ll need for your career, and especially for the first couple of years. In this perspective Tuck doesn’t just give you “the CEO perspective”, but understands that most of us don’t exactly become CEO’s in the first few years after our graduation so for example you’ll be required to gain a very deep level of comfort with spreadsheets and advanced modeling tools.
    In addition, the second year is entirely up to your choice, so you can build your own mix of quantitative and qualitative courses, there’s enough of both.

2. How much percents of the lectures are being conduct in the "case study" methodology?

I would say that in general we use cases in about 70% of our classes, but it really depends on the type of class. For example: Strategy is 100% cases, whereas Accounting is about 30% cases. I personally looked for that because I’m a big fan of cases, but think they are not a useful tool in some of the classes. Cases, like everything, are good for certain thing and only damage in others.

3. What are the main differences between Tuck and other small programs (like: Duke, Cornell, Michigan, etc.)?

First of all, one of my lessons in retrospect is to go for small programs with a very high priority. I think the experience is so much better, much more fun and intimate. In addition, I think small programs (and definitely Tuck) have much stronger alumni networks – because the key in networks is not so much the number of people in them, if they don’t help so much. The key is how much attention and help you get from your alumni, and at least in my experience at Tuck it has been unbelievable – I’m usually amazed by some of the offers of assistance I get from Tuck alums and practically all my job offers came through Tuck alums.

As for a comparison – unfortunately, I can’t say I had the chance to know the other programs you mentioned, so I can’t really say. I can only guess that there are differences that arise due to the different cultures inside the US – Tuck is very much a New England – Ivy League culture, whereas schools in California, the Midwest and the South will probably have different cultures. It’s a matter of personal preference at the end of the day.

One thing I can tell you – I think Tuck is stronger than most of the schools in terms of employment opportunities. If you look at the objective data, you’ll see that Tuck is consistently ranked top-3 or top-5 in terms of placement percentage (especially in consulting and banking), compensation and salaries, etc. In my opinion, that is the best indication of what the “brand” of the school really is in the eyes of the recruiters.

4. Do you know, by any chance, what is the policy of the school towards spouses? Do they get help in finding a job inside the college? Does the school help you getting J-1/H-1 visa rather then the regular F-1 which usually you can get (but your spouse can't work with)?

Because the community in Tuck is so intimate, the school goes to a lot of efforts to make sure your spouse is happy, and many spouses work in Tuck and in Dartmouth. In that case, the university will arrange for them to have a working permit.

I can tell you that in my case, several people in the school were actively looking for jobs for my partner, and eventually she found her current job in clinical research through one of the Tuck connections. The school will also arrange for your spouse to attend classes in Tuck and in Dartmouth if she’s interested, and they have full access to all the events, clubs, benefits, fun activities etc. that we have.

gets
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 67

To: mb3

Hello mb3.
    Thank you very much for the info.
    Is it possible to ask David to elaborate on "a New England – Ivy League culture"?
    Thank you in advance,
    gets
    mb3
    חבר

Hi Dudy,

Thanks again on your help.

There is additional question post by another member of the forum (name: Gets) –

Is it possible to ask David to elaborate on "a New England – Ivy League culture"?
    Thank you in advance,
    Gets

Thanks in advance,

Moshe.

mb3
    חבר

To: gets

Hi gets,

I forward your question to David via this forum.

David is also a member of this forum posting anther the name dudy.

When do you plan to apply?

Maybe we can talk over the phone or by email and enrich each other knowledge about Tuck.

Thanks,

Moshe.

gets
    חבר

Hi Moshe.
    I probably would apply for class that starts in 2007, however I still do not have a GMAT score. So, I still have not decided to what schools I would try to get.
    Anyway I would be happy to chat with you via e-mail, phone or skype.
    Contact me at ge_ts at yahoo dot com (or provide your contact info via this forum) and we will get in touch.
    Thank you for forwarding my questions to David.
    gets
    mb3
    חבר

Hi gets,

I will write to you after the holiday.

Meanwhile, happy Passover,

Moshe.

gets
    חבר

Happy Holiday Moshe!
    dudy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 88

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply – I was on a short vacation for a change.

Anyway, as you can probably imagine it's hard to describe a culture. Generally speaking, the old universities in New England have a certain culture to them which is more "old school" – that is derived from the facilities and the working environment, the tradition of the university, etc.

That is a general notion and of course there are differences between schools in this region. For example, Harvard is a New England Ivy League school but the culture is different in many senses.

Bottom line – I only understood it when I visited the schools so it is very hard to explain. I hope I gave you a general feeling of what I meant.

Good luck with your application!

mb3
    חבר

Thanks,

Moshe.

mb3
    חבר

Hi,
    Here is reply to my question about minimum TOEFL requirment in Tuck:

"……Thank you for your interest in the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth. We do not have a minimum requirement for the TOEFL to apply to Tuck. Our admissions is a very holistic process that values all aspects of the application equally. Please feel free to contact us with any other questions or concerns.

Best,

Tuck Admissions"

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 124

Hi Nahshon,

I've seen you've mentioned Alan Operman as the authority of religious Israeli students at Tuck.

I'm about to apply to Tuck, and was wondering whether you could please give me his contacts.

Thanks,

Psychodude

nahshond
    חבר

To: Psychodude, dudy

Dudy – could you reply to Psychodude w/ Alan's updated (post-Tuck) contact info? Couldn't find any details on TuckStreams

Thanks.

Nahshon

AlanO
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

To: Psychodude

Hi,

Alan here. Fire away with any Jewish lifestly you have about Tuck and Dartmouth.

gets
    חבר

Hi Dudy,
    I have few questions about Tuck and would like to get in tuch with you.
    Is it possible to mail you?
    Or on the other hand please mail me at
    ge_ts
    @
    yahoo.com
    Thank you in advance,
    gets
    dudy
    חבר

Hi gets,

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Dudy

Limch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 323

שאלה למי שהגיש לסיבוב EA ל-TUCK

כשאתם נכנסים עכשיו לאפליקיישן שלכם ורואים למטה את הסטטוס של האפליקיישן, האם מופיע לכם

Application Status: Incomplete

ושהציונים הרשמיים (GMAT, TOEFL…) לא התקבלו? האם זה בגלל שהם בכלל לא בודקים את זה עד שאתה מתקבל?

תודה מראש :)

לימור.

Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

To: Limch

לא הגשתי ל – TUCK אבל מניסיון, זה אומר שהם עדיין לא קיבלו את כל המסמכיםציונים שלך. ברגע שהכל אצלם, בד"כ הסטטוס שלך הופך להיות משהו בסגנון: Under review

Limch
    חבר

To: Itair

טוב נחכה בסבלנות ונראה, הקטע המוזר זה שאצלם בכלל לא צריך לשלוח לא גליונות ציונים של הלימודים ולא של המבחנים, הכל זה דיווח עצמי, ועם זאת האפליקיישן בסטטוס של "לא מושלם". לשמחתי (צרת רבים נחמת טיפשים, אני יודעת) מצאתי עוד כמה באותו המצב בפורום של BW ומחר מישהו מתקשר ל-ADCOM לברר מה הסיפור…

כמה בלאגן צריך להיות באפליקיישן?!?!

Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

אל דאגה, יש הרבה מקומות שלא מבקשים שום גליון ציונים רישמי. מקומות אלה יבקשו ממך להציג מסמך מקורי או בראיון או במידה ותתקבלי.

Limch
    חבר

To: Itair

זאת לא הדאגה, הדאגה היא שהסטטוס הוא INCOMPLETE, ולפי המייל שמקבלים לאחר ההגשה (שאגב חצי מהאנשים מסתבר אפילו לא קיבלו אותו) אם זה הסטטוס של האפליקיישן הוא ידחף לסיבוב הבא וכו'… כנראה שתשובות יהיו אחרי שיבררו מחר מול ה-ADCOM… מוזר אבל…

Limch
    חבר

למקרה שבכל זאת יגיע לכאן מישהו שהגיש ל-TUCK וירצה לדעת, הנה 2 תשובות מ-BW:

Hi All

I submitted my application on Oct 3 and called the admissions office to verify what Application Incomplete meant. I was told that the applications would get evaluated and that the incomplete status will change only when you are offered admission and you give the adcom the remaining materials like the official score report, official transcripts etc.

Sam

Well the mystery is solved!

I emailed Tuck admissions yesterday and guess what ??? They responded back the same the day, the good folks at Tuck were addressing applicants concerns even on weekends(another reason why I love Tuck).

Dear XYZ,
    Thank you for your interest in the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College.
    Once applications have been submitted, they all have to be processed and each account manually updated. As you can imagine, given the volume of material we have just received, we are still in the process of updating applicant accounts.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Kind regards,
    Tuck Admissions

Well now I can enjoy my weekend!

Whizteen123

gili4u
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 78

Hi Dudy,
    My name is Gili; I'm thinking about applying to Tuck next year.

Are there many Israelis around at Hanover these days ? Is there a Jewish community in the area ?

Thanks,

Gili.

dudy
    חבר

To: gili4u

Hi Gili,

I don't have the accurate numbers, but I think there are about 20 Israelis in Hanover, most of them students and professors in Dartmouth. At Tuck there are currently 5 Israeli students.

As for the Jewish community, it's actually decent – probably a few hundreds around the Hanover area. There is a "reform" community and a Chabad one, which allows most people to find their place.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dudy

JohnnyCash
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 15

Hi

I'll be visiting Hanover on 25-26 of September

Are there any Israeli students I can meet there?

Thanks

rash733
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 274

היי

מה דעתך האם מצפים מהמשתתפים בכנס עם ה ADMISSION

להביא רזומה ?

כרטיסי ביקור ?

ואם מביאים רזומה זה נחשב כחלק מהמכלול שלך לצורכי ה APPLICATION

?

תודה מראש

רן

gets
    חבר

To: rash733

I have been to quite a few schools' receptions and never seen anyone showing the admission officer their resume or giving business card.

What you can do, is take their card to send a thank you note and/or follow up questions.

By the way, last year several people asked to be interviewed and scheduled one for the next day. In that case you will  be asked to bring your resume.

However, in case your resume is not perfectly finished for the application purposes, you still strugle developing your essays stories,  and you never practiced for inteviews, you may want to seriously consider taking the risk of being interviewed without proper preparation.

Hope it helps,

gets

rash733
    חבר

היי

הייתי בכנס וזה היה כמו מסיבת קוקטייל אח"כ בכלל ראיתי שזה נחשב ל RECEPTION
    בכל מקרה היה מאוד מוצלח
    הגב' מה-ADMISSION
    מאוד נחמדה וגם בעלת חוש הומור מצויין
    היו שם שני בוגרים עם מידע מאוד מעניין מבחינת ההיבט הישראלי
    וגם עם סיפורים אישיים מעניינים
    אני דרך אגב יצאתי מאוד מעודד מהערב
    מאחר ולאחד הבוגרים יש פרופיל מאוד דומה לשלי
    אין ספק שזה בי"ס מיוחד אבל לא בהכרח מתאים לכל אחד
    מה שאני רואה כיתרון בביה"ס קהילה מגובשת תוכנית קטנה תוכנית חזקה של ניהול כללי ודגש על חשיבה יצירתית וחוש הומור יתכן שלא מתאים לכל אחד וצריך לקחת בחשבון מגורים באיגלו
    בכל מקרה נשאר רק ה GMAT
    כדי לעבור מלדבר על זה ללעשות את זה

רן

ariel13
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 33

Hi,

My name is Ariel and I am a student at Tuck Business School at Dartmouth, Class of 2010. This year there are 6 Israelis, the largest number ever attended Tuck. We come from different backgrounds, different family status and different experiences. I encourage you to post your questions about the school, the Tuck spirit, the upper valley area and anything else comes into mind. Some of us are very active in this forum (students and alumni, find us anywhere in this thread) so please feel free to post to any of us.

Tuck has a great reputation in the US as a top tier business school, and is a constant factor in every TOP10 ranking of the major business magazines. The school atmosphere is highly collaborative and the different backgrounds of the class members create a unique and special community. The curriculum is rigorous and is very demanding, but I can tell you that after 3 weeks at Tuck I learned more than ever about business, analyzing methods etc.. About the bottom line, recruitment opportunities, I suggest you read the data in Tuck website. It is highly impressive. One of the reasons for that is the amazing alumni network that is much more than what it sounds. Actually, the Tuck alumni is one of the major factors in Tuck recruitment opportunities. The school is located in Hanover NH, which is a small quiet town. the fact that the town is small emphasize us, the students, and makes the town look like one big university.

I could go on forever and I'm here for only a month… so as I mentioned, feel free to ask any question you have. We will be glad to help.

REL

rash733
    חבר

היי אריאל

האם אפשר לבקש להתראיין בארץ על ידי בוגר או שראיונות לבקשת המועמד הם רק בקמפוס וראיונות עם בוגרים הם לפי החלטת ועדת הקבלה ?
    בשלב הזה עקב אילוצי עבודה יהיה לי קשה מאוד לקחת עוד שבוע חופש.

תודה

רן

sanisani
    חבר

מאתר ארינגו

ביה"ס ממליץ שכל מועמד יגיש את הבקשה להתראיין מוקדם ככל האפשר, ויספיק להתראיין לפני הגשת האפליקיישן. הראיונות נערכים בקמפוס בלבד. במידה והמועמד לא הספיק להתראיין לפני הגשת האפליקיישן, ביה"ס עשוי לזמנו לראיון. במקרה כזה הראיון יכול להתבצע גם מחוץ לקמפוס.

ariel13
    חבר

Ran,

You can definitely ask to conduct an interview in Israel. If one of the alumni in Israel is available you will surely have that option. Saying that, I recommend you to come to campus before applying. Beside the option to interview it would give you a chance to take a glimpse on the school culture and the area. I can tell you that I had a hard decision which school to attend, and what tipeed the scales for me was visiting B schools. It can turn your decision either way but it is highly important to know where you're applying to. Also. it would give you superb material for the 'Why Tuck' essay.

Good luck,

REL

rash733
    חבר

תודה
    אני אבדוק את שתי האפשרויות
    ariel13
    חבר

Future applicants,

I will be in Israel next week and would like to host a small informal information session about the Tuck Business school at Dartmouth. I wish to take the chance to know some of you, tell you about my experiences as a student and answer your questions about Tuck, Dartmouth, the application procedure, and anything else you wish to discuss. It would be probably either Sunday the 21st or Monday the 22nd. From my experience, informal sessions are the best way to know a school (besides the visit itself…), the culture and some real students experience.

Please shooot me an e-mail if you are able to attend, what day is convenient to you and in what area (Center/North/South…).

[email protected]

See you soon,

REL

Limch
    חבר

Current MBA Students Get-together in Tel Aviv on the 27th!

We are holding this event for all 1st and 2nd year Israeli MBA students from all International programs on December 27th.
    If you are a current student and have not received the official email with all the details – please shoot me an email and I'll get back to you with all the info you need :)

See ya!
    Limor – [email protected]

Ross
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 24

הי, חבר'ה!
    מי יודע איך לבדוק את סטאטוס המועמדות לTUCK?
    אני מצאתי את האתר הזה: http://www.dartmouth.edu/apply/admissions/status
    אך נראה לי שזה לא בידיוק האתר הנכון (הפרטים שלי לא נמצאו שם)
    אני הגשתי לסיבוב נובמבר והתשובה אמורה להיות עד 6 בפברואר, כלומר עוד פחות משבועיים. האם מישהו שהגיש בסיבוב נובמבר כבר קיבל תשובה כלשהי מTUCK?
    תודה !
    omerutah
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 41

To: Ross

הי רוס,

גם אני מחכה.

ממה שהבנתי התשובות מתקבלות ממש ביום-יומיים האחרונים

בהצלחה.

eyan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

To: Ross

Ross,

תחזור לאתר שדרכו הגשת את האפליקיישן – האינפורמציה "מתחבאת" בתחתית העמוד הראשי !

בהצלחה !!!

eyan

guyms
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

To: eyan

שלום לכולם

אני חושב לפנות השנה לכמה מהתוכניות המובילות בארה"ב, בינהם טאק.

אשמח לדבר עם סטודנטים בהווה ובעבר על הרושם שלהם מבית הספר.

תודה רבה

גיא

counsilliery
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 35

To: guyms

הי גיא,

אני אשמח לדבר איתך על טאק. המייל שלי הוא כשם המשתמש באתר, פלוס ג'ימייל.קום

Ice
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 30

שלום לכולם.
    אני שוקל להגיש לtuck השנה.
    אשמח לדבר עם סטודנטים או בוגרים של tuck.
    counsilliery
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 35

To: Ice

ICE, אני אשמח לענות לך על כל שאלה.

אתה יכול לכתוב לי לג'ימייל. שם המשתמש שלי שם, הוא בדיוק כמו שם המשתמש שלי פה.

מוצגות 47 תגובות – 1 עד 47 (מתוך 47 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.