מוצגות 46 תגובות – 1 עד 46 (מתוך 46 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • Arik78
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

שלום לכולם,

אני אריק, סטודנט באנדרסון. לכל מי ששוקל ללכת ללמוד ביו סי אל איי ולהנות מהשמש ומהחברה (וגם למי שלא), אשמח לענות על כל מה שרצית לדעת ולא העזת לשאול…

Arik78
    חבר

To: All

Hi Asaf,

I would rather you ask the questions in the forum, so everyone can benefit.

However, if you still feel you prefer to ask them personally, shoot me an e-mail at: arik.waldman.2010@anderson.ucla.edu

Arik.

EyalL
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

To: Arik78

Hi Arik,

I'm currently working on my application to Anderson, as I intend to apply on R1. My main focus is in the sports management industry, as I'm a professional basketball player. Due to my career goals, I found out that Anderson is probably the best school for me and I'd love to hear your inputs regarding Anderson curriculum and activities regarding this industry, as well as the Industry of media and entertainment in general. In addition, I'd love to contact current students who chose a similar path, and if you know any that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Eyal

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

Hi Arik,

I would like to receive some information regarding the healthcare program and the field of consulting in UCLA.

I appreciate your quick response.

Thank you,

Asaf

Arik78
    חבר

Hi Eyal,

I just started the MBA program, so my insights about most aspects is somewhat limited.

Having said that, if you're interested in entertainment, L.A. is probalby the best place for you (although New York is good, too). UCLA Anderson is known for it's excellent entertainment program. I have yet to take entertainment specific classes, but I definitely intend to.

Regarding sports management, I talked to Tyler Skowrup from the Sports Business Association, which the sports business club. You can e-mail him (he's expecting it) at: [email protected] or go to the club's website: face=Times New Roman color=#800080 http://www.phantom9.us/uclasportsbusiness/

It'll be nice if you share your insights with the people in the forum.

I hope these will answer your questions. If not, feel free to ask again. I will probaly know a lot more in a few weeks.

Arik.

Arik78
    חבר

Hi Asaf,

As I indicated in my reply to Eyal, I just started the MBA program, so I'm not that familiar with all the areas.

Regarding heathcare, you can contact Bill, who's the president of the Healthcare Business Association at [email protected].

You should also look at the Anderson website elective classes: http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/x9071.xml

Regarding consulting, you can use the same webpage. It's a bit more detailed.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Arik.

EyalL
    חבר

Hi Arik,

Thanks alot! I will contact him right away. I promise to share my inputs over here :)

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted,

Eyal

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

Hi Arik,

Thanks alot.

I am considering to visit UCLA in mid October, who should I contact for a guided tourclass visit?

Arik78
    חבר

Hi Asaf.

UCLA Anderson doesn't have specific Anderson tours. However, I will be more than willing to give you a tour (within the constraints of my schedule…).

However, you can sign up for o-campus information sessions (recommended for applicants).

You can sign up at:

color=#800080 http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/x21305.xml

There are also a few infomation sessions coming up in Israel. Email me at arik.waldman.2010@anderson.ucla.edu to hear about those, as I cannot publish them here.

Arik.

Arik78
    חבר

One more thing, in a few days you can sign up for a class visit on the Anderson website (I think it's not on yet).

asafsado
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 20

Hi Arik (or any other UCLA student who reads this messege)

I'd like to contact one of the current students of Anderson.

Please mail me at

asafsado @ umich dot edu

Thanks.
    Asaf Sadowsky
    MBA Candidate Class of 2010
    Stephen M. Ross School of Business | University of Michigan

Arik78
    חבר

Asaf, I mailed you.

Arik

dorongav
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

hello all,

now that finals are over and I completed my first quarter I feel I may have some (little..) knowledge to share.
    Since I used this forum during my process I am here to give back to society… so, if anyone has any questions feel free to shoot me an e-mail. ( doron.gavra.2010@anderson.ucla.edu) and I will try and get back as soon as possible.

good luck,

doron

Arik78
    חבר

Hi All,

You migh want to check out this virtual tour of UCLA Anderson, truly one of the prettiest academic structures I've seen:
    face=Calibri color=#800080 http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/documents/areas/adm/web/ss_ct1.html

Have fun…

Arik.

goldberg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

Hi,

I am 33, married+2, and about to apply to 3 one year European programs (IMD, INSEAD & IE) as well as UCLA.

In terms of my career I have been working as an account manager, project manager (inc. relocation in England for 2.5 years), Team Leader and now as a marketing manager in a mid sized software company – total of 7 years experience in the same working place.

Because of my relatively old age, family status & career history, I feel the UCLA 2 year program is not the right one for me.

I would like to get the advice of a UCLA alumni who entered the MBA in a similar status (or somebody else that can feedback) and get hisher feedback and thoughts.

Many thanks,

Goldberg.

Arik78
    חבר

Hi Goldberg,

I don't thik your status should be a problem. We got 2 33 year old students, 4 married students and 2 with children.

I am not in your status, but if you e-mail me directly, I will refer you to a UCLA student (married + 1) your agee-mail me at arik.waldman.2010@anderson.ucla.edu

Arik

dorongav
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

hi goldberg,
    I am about your age and married. and I also looked at IMD so maybe I can offer you an only slightly similar perspective.
    one thing that is especially important when considering family is the location of the school.
    I assume you already considered that and I only visited IMD from the schools you mentioned but I think L.A could be a great experience for the family.
    anyway, if you want shoot me an e-mail and we can talk.
    doron.gavra.2010@anderson.ucla.edu

eliko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 203

To: goldberg

Hi Goldberg,

Seems like you have a very extensive business experience so not sure why you need MBA at your age (you also have international business experience)

In terms of your age it is really your call. You will need to put a hold on your career for 2 years and than start from the beginning in a new work place. (average post MBA salaries are usually close $100K before taxes, so you need to figure out if it is worth it)

My advice is that if you want to switch careers than go for it even at your age,but if you just want to do this to enhance your current path, I would focus on your career.

Hope this helps,

Eliko

idanva
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 119

Hi goldberg,

i'm also 33 with 2 kids and a high tech background.

send me an email to idanva at gmail dot com and i'll give you my advice.

thanks

Idan

eliko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 203

It seems like we actually know each other pretty well

send me an e-mail at [email protected] and we can plan to have a call soon.

Look forward to hearing from you

Eli

toma
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hi Arik

My name is tom and I'm applying through aringo to UCLA
    round 3…I'm mostly into the entertainment and media concentrations ,and I'm still trying to figure out what career goals won't sound neither too lousy nor too over the top,
    in the music business…
    i also heard about the research center in UCLA can you tell me more about it?

Thank you in adavance…

Tom

Arik78
    חבר

Hi Tom,

If you're interested in the music industry, UCLA Anderson is probably the best place to be in.

In terms of the application, Aringo can probably help you more than I can. I wouldn't worry about writing down one career path over another. Personaly, I wrote I was thinking of being an entrepreneur in the entertainment industry, but they know it's not neccesarily what I'll do. People here change their minds all the time. I'm applying to summer internships these days, an I'm still not sure which direction I want to go.

Writing about EMMI (Entertainment & Media Managemet Instiute) would probably show them that you have done your research. Following is the link:

http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/x1030.xml

EMMI takes a more academic aproach in terms of researching the entertainment industry, but ou can definitel uilize it in terms of career search.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask me any other questions you might have.

Arik.

Plan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14
    Hi all,
    I am interested in applying during the first round, for MBA studies that start on August/September 2010 and would be glad to learn more about UCLA's full time MBA program.
    I plan to visit Los Angeles between April 15th/16th (evening) and the 20th. If possible at all, it would be very helpful if I could get the following questions cleared up:

• Aside from touring the facilities and taking into account that I would be devoting my entire stay for such campus visit, what would be the best way to utilizes this visit?
    • Who should I contact prior to such visit?
    • Is there anything else that should be done during my visit that may promot my application?

Many thanks for all the help,

Yuval Gat

Arik78
    חבר

Hi Yuval,

First of all, it's great of you to come, and it shows that you're serious. However, the dates are not that good. The 17th-19th of April is the C4C weekend, in which the top west coast business schools compete (sports, trivia, bands, etc.) for charity, so most students will actually be at Stanford…

Having said that, you should meet with current students (me or anyone else), attend a class or two, and find more about the opportunities UCLA Anderson offers. What is your desired industry ?

please feel free to e-mail me with any other questions at arik.waldman.2010@anderson.ucla.edu

Arik.

Plan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14

Hi Arik,

Thank you for the information, in fact as a result of your input, I am cosidering visiting campus on the 16th, so as to be present before the C4C weekend (if that would allow me to see more than visiting the day after that) and have just signed up for a class visit (Strategy 10:00 – 11:30 , April 16th). I further plan to attend an info session and/or any other activity I can get into.

Can I sign up for more than one class visit?

Are there any other classes or activites you recomend?

If possible, it would be great to meet some of the Israeli students on or off campus.

Thanks again,

Yuval

BTW, my mail is [email protected]

yuvalski
    חבר

HI

My name is Yuval and I am interested in one of the top MBA programs.

I am currently working in investments and planning on applying for programs starting at 2010.

I will be visiting family in the states from 6.04 to 20.04 and I am interesting in visiting the campus.

If any of the current students will have some time to show me around campus and maybe help me understand the entire "where" and "how" I will be very very grateful.

Many thanks and a happy Passover,

Yuval

Arik78
    חבר

Hi Yuval,

Thursday is a good day to come, since we have the Anderson Afternoons, in which all the students get together, drink beer, eat, and do differnet acivities. So you can attend that. I would have offered you to attend my class from 13-14:30, but that's the same strategy class you're attending. There's another Israeli student who's attending an organizational behavior class at that time, so I can put you in touch with him if you are interested.

I'll be more than happy to meet with you when you get here, and then we can discuss other activities, just shoot me up an e-mail before you arrive to L.A.

Arik.

yuvalski
    חבר

HI Arik,

Thanks a lot for the help!

I will be in L.A on Monday night and I'll be real happy to join U for any activity U are doing on thursday.

My e-mail is : [email protected].

U can send me your number and I'll give U a call when ever is good for U.

Thanks again

Yuval

maor_i
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

אריק שלום,

אני איתי. התקבלתי לUCLA ולקרמגי מלון, ואני מאד מתלבט במי לבחור. נכון לעכשיו השיקול הוא כלכלי בלבד. עלויות המחייה בלוס אנגלס מאד גבוהות יחיסית לפיטסבורג, ואני שואל את עצמי האם שווה לי לשלם אותם (וממש להיחנק מבחינה כלכלית) עבור השם והמותג של UCLA ועבור (אולי) משכורת גבוהה יותר בסיום התואר. מה דעתך ? האם מעסיקים יעדיפו בוגר UCLA על פני קרנגי מלון (תחום שיווק/פיתוח מוצרים) ? האם זה ישפיע על המשכורת או הקלות/קושי במציאת עבודה ?

תודה רבה מראש.

Fogel
    חבר

Hi Arik,

Can I get in touch with you by Email regarding UCLA?

Thx,

Tal

Fogel
    חבר

Hi Arik,

Can I get in touch with you by Email regarding UCLA?

Thx,

Tal

Arik78
    חבר

of course.
    arik.waldman.2010@anderson.ucla.edu
    leerone
    חבר

שלום,

אני רוצה ללהרשם לשנת הלימודים 2011 ומתכננת לבוא לביקור מתישהו בשנה הקרובה.

אהיה בארה"ב בספטמבר אבל הבנתי שזה לא זמן כל כך טוב לביקור.

מתי מומלך לבוא לבקר? אני מתעניינת בעיקר בתוכנית המדיה

Arik78
    חבר

UCLA Anderson starts the school year in the last Thursday of September, so it'll have to be late September at the earliest.
    omerabin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 47

To: All, Arik78

אריק היי,
    ראיתי שאתה הכתובת הרשמית כאן לענייני UCLA – הבנתי שביה"ס מתמחה בעיקר בתחום ניהול מדיה. תוכל אולי להפנות אותי אפילו רק ברמת הלידים לחומר בעניין?

עושה רושם שכמו כל בתי הספר גם הם באתר שלהם מאוד מדגישים את כל הנושאים ולא רק את המדיה כדי לנסות להשתחרר מהדימוי הזה – אבל אני כן אשמח לדעת איפה אפשר למצוא חומר ספציפי על ההיבט הזה של התכנית: מרצים מובילים, מגייסים מובילים בתחום המדיה בקמפוס וכו'.

כל אינפורמציה תסייע מאוד – גם ברמת המחקר על ביה"ס וגם בחיבורים

תודה גדולה מראש,

עומר

Arik78
    חבר

Hi Omer,

Sorry for the late response, just saw your message. I will not be the official address soon, as I will be graduating in 2 weeks.
    In any case, UCLA is definitely the leading school in terms of entertainment and media.
    a couple of links that may get you started:
    http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/emmi.xml
    http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/ema.xml

Both should give you some good information regarding the programs and resources available for Anderson students interested in media/entertainment.

Good luck!

omerabin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 47

Hi Arik!

That's great and extremely helpful. Thank you!

May I ask you what industry are you going to work in and how happy are you with your choice to study at UCLA?

Arik78
    חבר

I am starting my own business in the mobile space and I am very happy I chose Anderson. Before I got in, it was my second choice (after Stanford). Now it would have been the first choice. If you're interested in media/entertainment, you can't wish for a better school (it's for many things, like entrepreneurship).
    friday
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 26

I am applying to the UCLA Anderson MBA for the class of 2013.

I was wondering if the middle of September is a good time to visit the school, i.e. the second year students will be in school, I will be avle to sit in on a class, meet with an admissions representative, etc?

Thanks

David

Arik78
    חבר

School starts on the last Thursday of September, which means mid–September is too early
    Try to aim for early October or late September
    friday
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 26

Thanks Arik,

I've booked a flight to LA for the beginning of October. Would it be possible to contact you closer to the date regarding a few questions I have?

David

Arik78
    חבר

Of course, just take into account I graduated and am no longer in school, but I'll be happy to answer questions and connect you to current students
    Fogel
    חבר

Hi everybody,

My name is Tal and i'm a first year student at the full time MBA program at the UCLA Anderson.
    I'd be more than happy to answer any of your question about the application process, school life at Anderson and deciding between the many different programs out there – I applied and admitted to some European programs and chose the US so if anybody is in a similar situation I'd be happy to share my thoughts and impressions so far.

Good luck,
    -Tal
    tal.fogelman.2012@anderson.ucla.edu

asafiniu
    חבר
    Hi,
    I'm considering applying for UCLA on round 2 for class of '13.
    I am looking for entrepreneurship programs in Anderson and was wondering if any alumni or student might help with some information.

Thanks!
    Asaf

Avi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 41

To: asafiniu

Hi Asaf,

Is this what you're looking for? http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/x41008.xml

asafiniu
    חבר

To: Avi

Hi Avi,
    Thanks for the link but I was looking for something more individual.
    If you know any alumni that are willing to share some info that would be great.
    Thanks!
    Asaf
מוצגות 46 תגובות – 1 עד 46 (מתוך 46 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.