מוצגות 37 תגובות – 1 עד 37 (מתוך 37 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • mb108
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

If anyone has questions about MBA at UCLA, Yishai Fransis, who studies for an MBA at UCLA, will be happy to help.

Yishai is a Mamram graduate and holds a computer science degree from the Open University, which he has completed during his military service.

He served 7 years in the IDF as a section manager in one of the intelligence units. After his military service, he worked for an additional year in a bioinformatics company as a production manager.

Yishai currently lives in LA with his wife. He focuses his studies on finance and entrepreneurship and intends to pursue a career in management consulting afterwards.

Hanochp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

Yishai hi,

Thanks for sharing your time on this Board.

I am about to submit my app. to Anderson on Monday (the deadline day), however, I have a few crucial questions that I have to ask. I'd prefer to talk to you directly rather than type it on the board.

Is there any way I can contact you by telephone or e-mail and talk to you.

Thanks,

Hanoch Papoushado

Sharoni
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

Hi Yishai,

Do you happen to know what are the registration requirements for MBA?

yishaif
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

Hi sharon,

I do. in general you can find them on the website ( http://www.anderson.ucla.edu )

I am attaching both the requirements and the student profile. good luck !

Applicant Pool & Class Size

Applications Received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .3492

Size of Entering Class . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .330

Age Distribution

Median Age . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .27.3

Mean Age . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .27.6

Age Range . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .23-37

Academic Profile

Mean GPA . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .3.6

GPA Range of Middle 80% . . . . . . . . . . . . .3.2-3.9

Mean GMAT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .703

GMAT Range of Middle 80% . . . . . . . . . .650-730

Diversity

Minority . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .25%

Asian-American . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .17%

African-American, Latino,

Native American . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .8%

Women . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .33%

International Students . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .26%

Full-Time Work Experience

Students with:

Previous Post-Baccalaureate

Work Experience . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .98%

Two Years or More . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .94%

Average Post-Baccalaureate

Work Experience . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .4.5 year

click on this link http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/programs/mba/apply/index.html#information_international

to see the application requirement. in general, it is as any of the other top programs ( GMAT, TRANSCRIPTS, ESSAYS etc. )

lolo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

In reply to mb108 from December 23 2003 on 11:19

Hi Yishai,

Two basic questions :

1. Is ot fun to study in UCLA.

2. Where is UCLA located in the top MBA's score.

yishaif
    חבר

In reply to lolo from March 03 2004 on 16:31

Hi lolo,

This is a general question so i will answer generally why I have chosen Anderson and i hope it will help both to you and to other applicants that consider UCLA Anderson.

I based my decision on several factors:

A. Location !! The west-coast is an amazing experience ( especially LA ) – superb weather, lots of outdoor opportunities, great lifestyle — driving distance to the beach, ski resorts, vegas, national parks…

B. Very good reputation and brand ( especially in the west-coast ). In general the school is very strong in enterprenurship, real estate, entertainment and finance.

C.Emphasis on entreprenurship and proximity to Hi tech and biotech centers.

D. Outstanding student body both from an academic perspective ( UCLA has higher average GPA and GMAT than a bunch of other top MBA programs with better ranking ), and from personality perspective.

My overall experience in the school so far exceeded all of my expectations, the atmosphere is great — we study hard, yet, we find the time to party, have fun and make new friends.

lolo
    חבר

In reply to yishaif from March 08 2004 on 20:25

Thank you for the detailed answer!

eli_ber
    חבר

Hi Yishai,

I'm Eli and I wish to apply to UCLA on 9/05. I'm visiting a friend of mine in L.A on April and I would like to know what kind of meeting, if any, should I arrange on campus (i.e – a tour on campus, a meeting, etc.)

yishaif
    חבר

In reply to eli_ber from March 15 2004 on 22:50

Hi.

You should definitely attend a class, conduct a campus tour and meet with some students. ( I will be in LA from the 9th of April )

After you send the application ( maybe even before ) you should come to an interview as it will greatly increase your chances of being admitted.

Hope it helps.

eli_ber
    חבר

In reply to yishaif from March 15 2004 on 23:17

Thanks for your help,

I talked to the admissions office yesterday about attending an information session and they told me to call them up at the beginning of the next quarter.

Do you think it will be possible to meet at campus on the second week of april, so you can show me around the campus?

eli_ber
    חבר

In reply to yishaif from March 17 2004 on 23:10

Thanks a lot. I'll call you.

See you,

Eli.

rl_7
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

To: yishaif

Yishai,

I would like to get some more info about Anderson in specicifc and UCLA in general. How can I contact you?

Ronnie

yarona
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

שלום ישי,שמי ירונה , בעלי ואני מתכננים לנסוע ללמוד בארהב ואחת האוניברסיטאות שאנו מתעניינים לגביה היא UCLA

היייתי שמחה לקבל אינפורמציה דווקא מהפן הנשי, מה עושות נשות הסטודנטים שם, האם ישנה קהילה ישראלית/יהודית תומכת בקמפוס, האם יש סידור לילדים, גנים וכד'

אודה לך אם תוכל לקשר אותי עם סטודנטים שם, או נשות סטודנטים שיוכלו לתת לי מידע לגבי הנושא.

תודה רבה

פסח שמח

yaro[email protected]

ירונה

yishaif
    חבר

To: yarona

Hi Yarona,

UCLA is a great choice and is very accommodating to families.

This was definitely one of the considerations of my wife and myself when we decided to join Anderson.

In general, Anderson GSB has :

1. Facilities for children (starting from kindergarten to a housing complex with facilities for children)
    2. Clubs that organizes events for Jewish students (starting from dinners to weekly gatherings etc.) and for significant others
      (it can help them settling in and finding a job etc.)
    3. Network of other students with families and children
    4. UCLA itself has a strong Jewish association that actively organizes events to the larger UCLA Jewish community.
    5. LA in general is very accommodating to children (i.e. beach, parks, events etc.)

All of my friends (both Israelis and not Israelis) with children and families, found the school and LA in general to be very accommodating.
    and I can only underestimate by saying that they have tremendously enjoyed the time here.

If you have additional questions or if you want to get some “insider perspective” – i have sent you my wife's contact details to your email address and you are more
    than welcome to contact her.

Best,
    Yishai

dudie
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 49

Hi Yishai,

I'm very interested in applying UCLA, but I don't know anyone who went there. I intend to arive with my wife.

I'm coming from a technological background, and I wonder what is the typical "student profile" in UCLA, and how would be the chances of someone coming from such a background.

Also, how are the opportunities in the area for the spouse, who will not have a working visa? I was impressed that there are better and less good areas in terms of opportunities for her, which can be crucial for the decision.

My email, if you can reply, is [email protected]

Many thanks,

Dudi

kless1974
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 31

שלום רב,

שמי דורון ואני מעוניין להגיש מועמדות ל UCLA.

רציתי לדעת אם ניתן ליצור עמך קשר טלפוני לשיחה קצרה.

המייל שלי: [email protected]

בברכה,

דורון

yishaif
    חבר

To: dudie

Hi Dudie,

Following up on your question, there is no typical profile for an MBA candidate at UCLA. a lot of my colleagues came from different backgrounds and career interests. Nevertheless, i would say that the school is outstanding in terms of west coast connections. whether it is high tech, real estate, marketing positions or more traditional recruiters (banking or consulting).

Regarding your background. I also came from a tech background and actually quite a few at UCLA found careers in tech companies. (i.e. MSFT, google etc.). You need to sell yourself well in terms of how you can leverage your background to match your desired career path. If you look for more practical tips please send me an email with your background etc. and i will reply with my contact details.

Last, regarding your spouse. This is a hard question. You need to find a company that will sponsor a visa for your spouse. There are tons of opportunities in LA almost for any job that you might imagine. If she has the right connections and a good background, finding a job should be a manageable task. In terms of available options, I am certain that it is easier in LA than other smaller cities/suburbs.

I hope it helps.

Yishai

dudie
    חבר

Hi Yishai,

As i'm applying to berkeley and stanford as well, my strategy is tehnology oriented, aiming at the information security industry.

The question is whether an application, originally aimed to match those schools, will also fit UCLA candidate expectation, or I should make a little twist in my strategy? For example, I understood that UCLA puts a large emphasis on community, family, and all that's around the professional life…

I'll be glad to talk to you further, my email: [email protected].

Are you currently in LA?

Dudi

yishayk
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

To: yarona

אהלן ישי,

גם שמי הוא ישי, 72, גם אני ממר"מניק , השתחררתי לפני חודשיים אחרי 8 שנים ואני עובד כרגע על האפליקיישן לשנת 6002.

אני מתלבט כרגע לאלו אוניברסיטאות לפנות כשהכיוון שלי דומה לשלך בהיבט היזמות הטכנולוגית אך בתחומים יחסית פחות פופולריים.

סיימתי תואר בבר אילן בפסיכולוגיה ובמדעי המחשב (תוכנית עילית לממר"מניקים אם אתה מכיר) וכבר בצבא ביצעתי מחקר משותף למחלקת בריאות הנפש במקרפ"ר ולמחלקה בפסיכולוגיה באונ' בר אילן על בסיס בסיסי הנתונים של אכ"א. (למרות שאני בכלל מתחום מערכות השו"ב)

שאלתי היא למה החלטת דווקא על ALCU? האם הם חזקים ביזמות טכנולוגית יותר מאוניברסיטאות אחרות? האם ניסית להתקבל לאחרות?

אשמח לתשובה בפורום או באימייל
    moc.liamg@lebonky

תודה

ישי קנובל

yishaif
    חבר

To: yishayk

Hey Yishay,

Good to hear from a fellow mamramnic !

One of the advantages of studying in UCLA is the west coast location. If you consider a career in the high tech industry (marketing, finance, strategy etc.), there is a significant advantage to study in the west coast and from that perspective UCLA, Berkeley and Stanford would be excellent candidates.

I have applied to other universities as well. Nevertheless, I chose UCLA eventually based on location (I wanted to live in the west coast) , prestige and career opportunities – both for me and for my wife.

Overall, I believe that it was a great decision on my behalf. I have recently graduated and I am now working in Investment Banking covering the high tech sector at Deutsche Bank.

If you need more practical information/advice, please feel free to drop me a line.

Best and good luck !

Yishai

savi1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

Hi Yishai,
    My Name is Avi and I would like to study in UCLA in 2006. I am coming from a tech background and I saw in the forum that your background is alike.
    What connection to Hi-Tech has your job?
    Is it a managment position?
    What did you emphasise in your application in order to get UCLA ( Hi-tech)?
    How did you connect your career path with the Hi- Tech experience?
    Thank you very Much and good luck.
    Avi

resker
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Hi Yishai,

I'm currently in the process of applying to UCLA. Would you recommend the first round over the second round or vice versa.

Additionally, I do have some questions regarding the program and I would be very grateful if I could schedule some time to talk to you. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] or call me at 054-5205645.

Thanks for all your help,

Ran.

dudie
    חבר

Hi Yishai,

Is the four-year bachelor degree requirement relevant for Israelis?

I have a three-year Bsc degree from the hebrew university. How do you think it will be accepted?

Dudi

eliko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 203

To: dudie

Hi To all UCLA admits.

Is anyone coming to the event on April

Cheers

eliko

eliko
    חבר

To: Beethoven

Hi all,

I am returning from anderon admitted event tommorow.

Anyone with questions can contact me at [email protected].

best

eliko

noac
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

To: eliko

My name is Noa Corem
    I am addressing you through the IIMBA forum with a somewhat unusual request. I work in a job placement company for senior management, ( face=Times New Roman color=#0000ff http://www.emda.com). For a strategic entrepreneurial position in an international software giant, with offices in Israel, I am looking for graduates of leading MBA programs in the U.S., with a background in the Hi-tech industry. If you know someone who might be interested in such a position, please contact me at face=Times New Roman color=#0000ff [email protected], or at +972-50-847-9094.
    I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
    Thanks in advance,
    Noa
    noac
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

My name is Noa Corem
    I am addressing you through the IIMBA forum with a somewhat unusual request. I work in a job placement company for senior management, ( face=Times New Roman color=#0000ff http://www.emda.com). For a strategic entrepreneurial position in an international software giant, with offices in Israel, I am looking for graduates of leading MBA programs in the U.S., with a background in the Hi-tech industry. If you know someone who might be interested in such a position, please contact me at face=Times New Roman color=#0000ff [email protected], or at +972-50-847-9094.
    I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
    Thanks in advance,
    Noa
    Hirsch11
    חבר

To: All

Hi Yishai,

I am trying to find a current or former student with the UCLA-NUS executive MBA. I would be very happy to receive the conact details of anyone who was invloved in this program.

Thank you,

Guy.

eliko
    חבר

Hi All,

It has been a while since I wrote to this forum.

We are a group of 6 israelies who just started UCLA's MBA.

If anyone has questions I will be happy to answer. Please note I just started so as time passes I have more info to give.

I can be reached at [email protected]

Eliko

eliko
    חבר

Hi everyone,

I know it is application time so this is for those considering UCLA Anderson. Some insights into our program are:

1) Anderson is among a list of 7-8 core school for the investment banking recruiting. All banks come to recruit here – even from NY. This is one of the school's strengths.

2) Other strengths are: marketing, media and entertainment, entrepreneurship, and technology (west coast location)

3) The school was ranked 12 at BW and 10 at us news.

4) L.A is one of the best locations in the world: no place can match its weather, and the business options (work and ext) are huge.

5)It is friendly to Israelis as this year we had 12 admits and 6 took the offer : this is from a 360 class (A lot!!!!)

6) The atmosphere here is great, and people are very down to earth.

Those of you who are considering , feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Good luck with this difficult time – the application process.

Eliko

JoeCool
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 267

Hey Eliko,

I am glad to hear you are happy at UCLA.

Good Luck,

AZ

Gal Sivan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

To: JoeCool

Hi all,

I am looking for people who belong to media and entertainment clubs in the top schools, because I am trying to differentiate the schools. Please contact me if you take part in any such club, and share your pride of the school and the program with me.

Thanks a lot,

Gal.

eliko
    חבר

To: shaolin007

סיכום קצר מהשנה הראשונה שלי במסלול ה MBA רגע לפני שאני מתחיל התמחות:

1) פגשתי אנשים מרתקים מכל העולם.

2) נהנתי מלוס אנגלס, עיר עם מזג אויר ללא תחרות ואוירה מדהימה.

3)קידמתי את הקרירה מתפקיד של מהנדס תוכנה לתחום מימון בבנק השקעות הרביעי בגודלו ב US.

4) היה שווה כל רגע של קושי, כל דולר שהצטבר בחוב, וכל שניה של פיקפוק בהחלטה.

למי שיש מחשבות שניות,

המסלול אמנם קשה מאד, אבל משתלם באמת כמו שאומרים.

בהצלחה לכולם,

אלי

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

אלי – תודה רבה על המידע והחוויות!

האמת היא שאני חושב שפתחת כאן צוהר לאנשים רבים, המתלבטים האם ועד כמה חוויית ה-MBA בחו"ל מצדיקה את ההשקעה (כלכלית, אישית וכיו"ב…)

אני בטוח שאנשים רבים ישמחו לשמוע ממך עוד פרטים, בין אם בנושאים שהעלית ובין אם בנושאים אחרים הקשורים לחוויית ה-MBA.

מקווה לשמוע ממך עוד ומאחל לך המון הצלחה בהתמחות!!

eliko
    חבר

To: epony

Thanks epony,

enjoy the time before the MBA.

it is a great period

eli

EyalKl
    חבר

Hi all,

I am planning visiting LA in september 15-19 and I am intrested during my visit to see and learn more about the ucla mba program.

is there a possible visitng school in those dates?

and also is there a possibility to know what are my chances to get accepted to the school or the school dose not provide that kind of information when I come to vist??

Thanks,

Eyal

galgelo1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hi

I am considering to apply to Anderson in Round 1 and I would love to talk to students and alumni and get some information and personal insight .

Thanks

galgelo

[email protected]

מוצגות 37 תגובות – 1 עד 37 (מתוך 37 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.