מוצגות 5 תגובות – 101 עד 105 (מתוך 105 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • serialdi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

To: Avi

היי אבי,

התשובה היא באמצע בין שתי האופציות שהזכרת. ביה"ס לא מחייב את עצמו לתת מלגות לכל ישראלי שמגיע וגם לא מתחייב לכמות מסויימת, אבל הוא כן נותן לכ-2-3 הטובים מהם העדפה בקבלת מלגות. לכן, בתור ישראלי עם מועמדות חזקה, הסיכוי שלך לקבל מלגה גבוה יותר מאשר מישהו ממדינה אחרת עם מועמדות חזקה באותה מידה.
    כמובן שלהיות ישראלי לא מספיק ואתה חייב מועמדות חזקה, שעבור מלגות זה כולל גם ג'ימאט גבוה.

דן

Avi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 41

To: serialdi

הבנתי, תודה!
    jamesonn
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

To: All, penny, dvasht, razia, itayle7, serialdi, Ice

Hi Penny (and all the rest of you that are interested in UNC Kenan-Flagler),

Hope the applications went well for those of you that already applied. It's can be a stressful time, but try to take it easy..

I had a baby in the summer and so I didn't visit this site for a while now – sorry if I missed your messages in the meantime.

Anyway, just wanted to reiterate that indeed all the big recruiters are coming to school and that the starting salaries, as Dan explained, tend to be exactly the same in each recruiter. I.e. if you start at McKinsey, no matter what school you attended, you will receive the same starting salary and benefits. The differences in average post grad salaries are usually in the geography and in the industries that school send their graduates to. For example, Wharton, Columbia and Chicago will have a bias towards finance and banking etc. They will also send many grads to NYC and Chicago where the salaries tend to be higher (together with much higher cost of living). This in turn affects average salaries for the school but doesn't really mean much for you as a candidate. What matters is the industry in which you want to work post MBA and the location.

As for scholarships – the school targets Israelis specifically and will award different scholarships to the right candidates. That's to say – if you are a competitive candidate (i.e. in the top 20% of the applicant pool) you have a great chance to get a scholarship as an Israeli. this is even more true if you are a female applicant. See below for a link that deals with the issue:

http://www.themarker.com/career/smb/1.1582340

In the last couple of years, as was written here before, four out of seven Israelis got full scholarships, and three of us got also a nice living stipend. This means that when I'm going to graduate in several months I will have zero loans. Nada. (this is in part of course to the fact that I worked during the summer, but that is expected). You can ask any grad from top 5 school that carries on his/her back a nice $150-200K loan how they feel about it and I'm sure you will understand very quickly how important it is to avoid that..

Anyway, the school is great not just for the financial support you can get here. There are plenty of great advantages here at UNC, such as the atmosphere, recruiters, area, weather, cost of living etc. (you should read more about these advantages in my previous posts…) All in all, I think that the school provides a great program that caters to many different tastes. I'd urge all of you to research more about the school, ask your questions, and eventually apply if you see the fit . This is even more true for strong candidates, that at UNC have a real opportunity to get a full ride (as oppose to most other top 20 schools).

Let me know if you have more questions. Feel free to contact me at odedonn @ gmail . com

All the best,

Oded

danza
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

To: All

A reminder for everyone that is interested in UNC Kenan-Flagler: Today at 19:00-20:00 (Israel time) Kenan-Flagler will hold an online chat with the Admissions. It's a great opportunity to have your questions answered by the people that make the decisions regarding your candidacy.

To join the chat:
    1. Go to this link: http://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/admissions/mba/admissions-events
    2. Click on Online "MBA Online Event – Admissions Overview and Q&A"
    3. Click on "Join Chat"

Good Luck!

Dan

dvasht
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 138

To: All

UNC KFBS- MBA Cafe in Hertzelia- הזדמנות נהדרת לפגוש סטודנטים שישתפו בחוויות ויענו על שאלות

Time: 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
    City:
    Hertzelia, Israel
    Aroma, Ha-Manofim 9 Street, Hertzelia, Israel

Our MBA Ambassadors offer you the opportunity to interact with current full-time MBA students. This event is informal, hosted by current students and designed to foster conversation between you and the people who know the program best. So whether you are on your way from work or heading to the gym; have completed your application or are considering applying sometime in the near future… You are invited to stop by and learn more about the UNC full-time MBA Program directly from the source!

To RSVP: https://kenan-flagler.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_4Pihr5PMJwPIjv6

מוצגות 5 תגובות – 101 עד 105 (מתוך 105 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.