מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 263 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • Slovo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 96
    This is the first message in the new "Wharton" conversation room. If you have any questions about Wharton, this is the place to ask them.

Tal

Slovo
    חבר
    Hi all,
    A few of the current first-year students at Wharton are hosting a recruiting event in Israel on behalf of the school. The event is intended for prospective students (the class of 09,) and will take place on May 10th at 18:00, at the Interdisciplinary Center in Hertzlia, the Arison Lauder Building room A208. We will give the school’s presentation, tell a little about our experience, and have a Q&A session. We also expect to have a few alumni with us. Obviously it’s free, and refreshments will be served.
    Please RSVP @
    https://admissions.wharton.upenn.edu/admissions/app
    under "Events"
    Nuri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

To: Slovo

כל הסטודנטים הנוסעים לחוף המזרחי של ארה"ב ומעוניינים לשלוח מכולה משותפת,

אנא שלחו מייל ל – ecstudents ב gmail.com

הסיסמא לכל מי שמעוניין לבדוק ולתקשר עם סטודנטים אחרים הנה: ec1234

כתבו במייל פרטי התקשרות (טלפון)

shaysp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 86

To: All

שלום לכולם
    אם למישהו מהנוכחים בכנס של וורטון יש את המיילים שפורסמו,
    אשמח אם תשלחו לי אותם
    face=Times New Roman color=#0000ff [email protected]/SPAN
    תודה מראש
    שי

Slovo
    חבר

בהמשך לכנס שהיה שבוע שעבר במרכז הבן-תחומי, במידה ויש אנשים שמעוניינים לשאול שאלות על וורטון כאן זה המקום. הבוגרים, הסטודנטים והמתקבלים הטריים ישמחו לענות על השאלות שלכם.

בהצלחה בתהליך!

טל

Slovo
    חבר

Nate77

כרגע אנחנו 12, אחד הגיש בקשה לדחות את לימודיו בשנה

טל

yonis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 73

Hi Tal,

Do you know know if the person who asked to delay his studies at Wharton by a year, got a favorable answer from the school? (just curious)

Thanks.

Slovo
    חבר

To: yonis

Nop, Don't have any idea. If I get to talk to him I'd update him about your question..

They usually say these requests aren't granted, but I've heard that the chances aren't that low.

Tal

yonis
    חבר

Thanks.
    Slovo
    חבר

To: yonis

Hi,

His deferral request was granted. For more information contact him directly at annsaar(at)012.net.il

Tal

yonis
    חבר

Tal,

Thanks again.

MauricePicow
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 17

Dear MBA candidates,

I agree with what LBS posted. While TOEFEL scores of 280 or better are preferrable, a candidates overall acedemic record, employment experience afterwards, references, etc. help considerably towards being admitted to an MBA programme. In our institutition, Imperial College (a branch of the U. of London) students also have an option of studying by Distance Learning, ov via their computer, without having to attend actual classes.

This is an excellent option for those who may have a good written and verbal command of English, but feel a lack of self confidence due to a heavy 'local accent' (often the case with candidates from Israel and other Middleastern countries). I will be happy to consult with anyone interested in considering this option to study for an MBA. Tel. interviews with the I.C. Admissions Department can be arranged as well.

With kind regards,

Maurice Picow, Authorised Intermediary (Israel) Tel: 972-9-8850695 Mobile: 972-52-5398003 Email: [email protected]

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

To: MauricePicow

Maurice,

With all due respect:

1) you are in a ask Wharton thread

2) We agreed before not to push your promotional material

I ask you to stop it if you don't want us to cancel your membership

thanks

Assaf Wand – Chairman IIMBA

MauricePicow
    חבר

To: Assaf Wand

Sorry, Assaf,

I was simply replying to what I saw posted. I haven't even posted anything in this site for quite some time. Also, FYI, that chappie from LBS was also 'advertising' , if you want to read it in this manner.

Regards,

Maurice P.

Laker
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

Hi Tal,

12 is more than impressive. No doubt about that.

Can you elaborate on what made you choose Wharton?

I know that it is a bit of a trivial question because of the amazingly strong brand name of the school, but still I think it's important to hear your answer.

Thanks,

Laker

Slovo
    חבר

To: Laker

Hi Laker,

I think the most important factor to consider when you want to determine where to go is something called "the fit", or how good do you feel with what the school resembles. I had numerous talks with many students/graduates of many different school, and found out that the Wharton spirit is the closest to what I consider as an MBA experience.

Adding to that the fact that Wharton is ranked 1-3, considered to be a great brand-name (especially at the states) and located on the east coast made my choice even easier..

So to sum it up – Great atmosphere, good vibes from the students/graduates, and a very good school/brand were my reasons to choose Wharton.

I don't know if the rest of the admitted student read this chat-room regularly, but I'm sure they will be happy to reply and write more about their reasons.

Tal

asaf_sagy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 68

לחברה החדשים של וורטון 2006!

האם מישהו יכול לקשר אותי עם יובל הארי?

המייל שלי הוא [email protected].

תודה רבה!

nbomash
    חבר

טל היקר.

שמי ניב ואני מתעניין בלימודים בוורטון בשנה הבאה.(sep 2007)

המייל שלי הוא :

[email protected]

אשמח אם תשלח לי לשם לינק שדרכו נוכל לדבר. (טלפון/מייל – כל דבר)

אני מניח שאתה עוד בארץ, ולכן אשמח אם נעשה זאת עוד לפני הנסיעה שלך.

תודה, ניב.

Slovo
    חבר

אהלן,

לקראת פתיחת עונת האפליקיישנס של הכיתה של 2009, נשמח לעזור בלבטים, שאלות או התייעצויות של כל המעוניינים להרשם לוורטון. זה המקום לשלוח שאלות, נשמח לסייע.

טל (WG08)

mba2009
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

To: Beethoven

cool email
    אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

Hi Tal,

My name is Amit and I'm interested in pursuing a Wharton MBA starting September '07. Any chance for consulting with you on a private thread (mail/phone)?

Thanks in advance,

Amit

Slovo
    חבר

Sure, send your email here, I'd send you my details.
    nettak
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

hi
    I'm going to be in the East Coast in September 6-16
    I'm planning to visit Wharton then
    Any chance to meet any of the Israeli students there?
    I'd be happy if you can reply and we can set up a date.
    I'll also be in New York and Boston.

Thanks!
    Netta

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

Thanks a lot. My email is [email protected].
    Slovo
    חבר

הי נטע,

את יותר ממוזמנת, שלחי את המייל בפורום ונפנה אליך.

טל

nbomash
    חבר

טל היקר.

האם תוכל לשלוח לי את המייל שלך ל [email protected]?

תודה רבה – ניב.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

hey slovo

my name is adam (as is probably evident), and i am knee deep in the grueling process of preparing my application. as Wharton is at the top of my list, i was hoping for some advise from you on how i can craft the most convincing application:

i am an american/Israeli who grew up in the states but have been living in tel aviv for the last 7 years. i have been working as a journalist (reporter/producer) for 5 years, served in the navy foreign liason's division for 1 year and produced several films and tv series. though i have held "leadership positions" in several of the posts i occupied, i am concered that i do not have sufficient 'business' experiece (like other applicants coming from consulting, investment, law).

i will be applying to wharton's joint program with the lauder school for international affairs, as i hope to work in international development policy and conflict resolution. what advise could you offer me? – i graduated from TAU's english literature department with 86 and will be taking the GMAT in Nov. for Jan R2 application deadlines.

much ablidged,

adam

Slovo
    חבר

Hi Adam,

Lets take this offline, send your email and we'll talk. I can also connect you to some Lauder students who might help you figure out what they are looking.

One point I should state here is that you should not be afraid of lacking business experience. I was admitted to Wharton after almost 10 years at the army, with almost no business experience (as a matter of fact, my only business experience was gained after I was admitted!). There are many students like me at the class. Try to focus on what you did gain, and how this knowledge assisted you in becoming a better leader and a better manager. Try to write more about how different positions you had were related to the business world or helped you understand the business world better.

Another note regarding Lauder – bare in mind that the main theme of this program is that it is International and address people from different backgrounds. Write about your diverse background, experiences you had and your great interest in cultures and international business.

Hope this helps,
    Tal

UPA
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 42

היי,

האם אפשר לשאול אותך כמה שאלות על וורטון?

אשמח אם תוכל לתת לי פרטים שלך במייל: [email protected]

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

Hey Tal,

thanks for your swift feedback… i would really appreciate being able to ask you more questions along these lines. my email is [email protected] (very cryptic as you can tell!!)

thanks,

adam

anatshi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 40

Hi everyone,

My name is Anat, and I am also a first year student at Wharton. Due to a (very positive) increase in demand for info about Wharton, I'm joining forces with Tal to answer any questions that you may have about the school, the application process, etc.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] and we can take it from there.

We will also be happy to connect you with other Israelis at Wharton, depending on your career focus, interests etc.

Anat

LK
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

To: anatshi

Hi Hi….

Another one…

My name is Liana Kaneti.

Also Wharton MBA, first year (with Tal and Anat).

Feel free to post ANY questions…will be happy to help

Liana

porata
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 50

To: LK

LK,

You wouldn't by any chance know a Galia B. in Tel Aviv…

LK
    חבר

To: porata

Yes, of course I do…who's this?
    porata
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 50

To: LK

You dont know me, but my name is Assaf, i saw the pictures you sent to Galia from Wharton. Impressive stuff.

LK
    חבר

To: porata

OK…..
    anatshi
    חבר

Hi all,
    Several of you contacted us offline, but we thought this will be a good chance to remind you that if you have any questions about Wharton- feel free to ask. We have a great (and big!) Israeli gang here that will be more than happy to help the next generations!
    Anat
    אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

שלום,

יש לי שאלה לסטודנטים/בוגרים בוורטון או לכל מי שיודע בעצם. מה מצב הHigh-tech באיזור Philli (בעיקר חברות חומרה (semiconductors) וציוד רפואי (bio-medical))? אני רוצה לקבל תמונה של אפשרות התעסוקה לחברה שלי (שעד אז תהיה אשתי :-) ) שהיא מהנדסת מחשבים (יהיה לה אישור עבודה).

תודה,

אייל

anatshi
    חבר

To: אייל

send me an email, and I will put you in contact with people who may be able to help.

Anat

[email protected]

avner arad
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

To: LK, All

אני כרגע בתהליך הכנת הבקשה ללימודים בוורטון לספטמבר 2007.
    אני מתעניין בנושא סביבה ויודע שיש בוורטון כמה קורסים העוסקים בנושאי ניהול סביבתי-חברתי (יש אפילו מייג'ור בשם
    Environmental and Risk Manegement

אשמח לדעת אם יצא למישהו ללמוד באחד הקורסים בנושא ובעיקר אם אתם מכירים מישהו מהסטודנטים במייג'ור שציינתי למעלה שיהיה מוכן לענות קצת על שאלות. אני מבין גם שיש מועדונים לנושאי ניהול סביבתי-חברתי. האם אתם מכירים את הפעילות בהם?

שיהיה ללכולם יום טוב
    אבנר

Slovo
    חבר

הי אבנר,

לצערי לא יצא לי לקחת חלק בתוכנית, אבל אני משער שאתה יודע – קיים מידע רב עליה באתר בית הספר (Environmental Risk Management)

הייתי מציע לך לעבור על האתר, על שמות המרצים, ולשלוח כמה אימיילים ממוקדים להם ולאנשי הקבלה בנושא. תרוויח רווח כפול – גם תלמד יותר על התוכנית וגם תקבל כמה נקודות זכות בזמן הקבלה.

טל

anatshi
    חבר

Hi everyone~
    I wanted to let you know (in case you haven’t seen it already) that there is a great student-to-student discussion board at the Wharton web-site. color=#800080 http://s2s.wharton.upenn.edu/wh-wharton
    These sites can provide you with useful information and current students will be able to answer questions. Adcom also provides their input on the board.
    As always, we are here to answer any questions that you may have.
    Anat

anatshi
    חבר

I heard that there were some concerns regarding transcripts. The below info is confirmed by the Wharton admissions committee:
    Transcript template:
    1. Grades, scores or marks should be reported EXACTLY as they are awarded (0-100 in our case, I guess)
    2. If applicants school did not report a GPA, then the field should be left blank
    3. If the rank in class is not reported by the school- leave it blank
    Official Transcripts:

1. Official transcripts are required if admitted (so for now you only need the grades, and you have time later to ask for an official signed transcript from your university. Make sure, however, that the grades reported match the actual transcript grades)
    2. Transcripts from exchange programs do not need to be submitted IF the coursework taken on exchange is included in the final transcript of the school from which the student graduated (grades may or may not be reported on the final transcripts)

Hope this helps,

Anat

PS- This is for Wharton only!

kerenz
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 74

To: anatshi

Anat, tnx a lot!!!

this is a great help

anatshi
    חבר

Hi everyone,

We hope you enjoyed the Wharton reception this week. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Anat

Rov
    חבר

Hi to all

I'm plaing to apply to Wharton this year (second round). I would like to talk with someone who studies there about Wharton's opportunities in the biomedical engineering field, which I'm very interested at and other things the school has to offer especially in the student's life area.

Thank you

Rov

anatshi
    חבר

To: Rov

Hi,
    We will be happy to talk to you. Please send me an email to [email protected] and we will coordinate.

Anat

Slovo
    חבר

בהמשך להודעותו של אורן בפורום MIT, חשבתי ששווה להוסיף פה את הלינק לוורטון. תהנו!

Wharton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wharton_School_of_the_University_of_Pennsylvania

UPA
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 42

בעיתון של היום (7 לנובמבר), בידיעות אחרונות, כלכלה- יש כתבה עם נציג וורטון. משתמע שהם מאוד אוהבים ישראלים, ובעיקר מחפשים בנות :)

ilanvag
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 157

Hi all,

I just got this evening an invitation for an interview from Wharton. I'll be grateful for any current or student or an alumnus who can give me some background on the type of interview Wharton conducts, and help me prepare.

I'm available at [email protected]

Thanks,

Ilan

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 263 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.