מוצגות 50 תגובות – 151 עד 200 (מתוך 263 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • avidan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

To: Aaron

היי אהרון,

שמי אבידן ואני מתכנן להגיש מועמדות לסיבוב השני. אני מעוניין ללמוד עוד על ה-Health Care Management Program.

אשמח לדבר איתך או עם סטודנט אחר על התוכנית ( אם יש מישהו עם אוריינטציה לmedical devices אפילו יותר טוב).

ניתן להשיג אותי ב[email protected]

הרבה תודה.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 124

To: All

היי אבידן,

ברכות על ההחלטה להגיש לוורטון.
    אקשר אותך עם סטודנט ישראלי שמתמחה בדיוק בתחום שמעניין אותך.

בהצלחה,
    אהרון

Limch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 323

Current MBA Students Get-together in Tel Aviv on the 27th!

We are holding this event for all 1st and 2nd year Israeli MBA students from all International programs on December 27th.
    If you are a current student and have not received the official email with all the details – please shoot me an email and I'll get back to you with all the info you need :)

See ya!
    Limor – [email protected]

tamir0678
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

Hi Whartons,

I applied to Wharton's full time MBA program (class of 2011) on round 2 and have been invited for an interview.

Is there any significance to the choice of interview type (hub vs alumnus) over the chances of being admitted?

I would be happy to recieve feedback from people who interviewd with alumni.

Thanks, and all the best,

Tamir.

[email protected]

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: tamir0678

Hi Tamir,

Congrats on the interview invitation. The official policy has it that all interviews are weighed in the same way exactly. Most of the Israeli poll is being interviewed by alumni in Israel, and this would be my recommendation unless you happen to be out of the country in any event or has a specific reason for a trip elsewhere. Those who are in the US usually interview on campus. Re feedback on alumni, I suggest you ask around.

Best of luck,

Aaron

roya32
    חבר

היי אהרון,

הגשתי את מועמדותי לסיבוב השני וקיבלתי זימון לראיון לפני שבוע.

אני מתכוון לבקר בוורטון בשבוע הראשון של מרץ ואשמח לשמוע ממך על הפעילויות שיש בוורטון בימים בהם אבקר.

אשמח אם תוכל לחזור אלי:

[email protected]

תודה

רועי

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

היי רועי,

מזל טוב — שלחתי לך מייל.

אהרון

tzurohad
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

אהרון שלום,

שמי אוהד צור, מועמד לוורטון לשנת 2010. למיטב זכרוני, נפגשנו בכנס של קידום אך לא הספקתי לשאול אותך שאלות רבות לנוכח "היצע השואלים".

האם יש אפשרות ליצור איתך קשר במייל?
    המייל שלי הוא: [email protected]

תודה מראש,
    אוהד

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

היי אוהד,

ברכות על ההחלטה להגיש לוורטון, ובהצלחה בתהליך. שלחתי לך מייל.

אהרון

ohad
    חבר

אהרון שלום,
    עזרת לי מאוד ללמוד על וורטון בכנס של קידום וכעת אשמח לעוד קצת עזרה.
    לפני כמה ימים היה לי ראיון לוורטון וכרגע אני ממתין (די בחוסר סבלנות) ל26 במרץ כדי לגלות אם התקבלתי או לא.
    נוצרה לי הזדמנות להיות בפילידלפיה בסופ"ש של ה19-23 למרץ וכמובן שחשבתי לקפץ לוורטון.
    אשמח אם תוכל לענות לי על כמה שאלות:
    1. האם עדיף לבקר בשישי או בשני?
    2. באיזה פעילות כדאי לי להשתתף? ועם מי ליצור קשר?
    3. האם יש משהו שאני יכול לעשות בביקור כדי לקדם את המעומדות שלי? (על מי כדי לאיים? )

תודה מראש,
    אוהד
    [email protected]

odn
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

To: ohad

אוהד-

1. אין לימודים בימי שישי כך שרצוי לתכנן את הביקור ליום שני.
    2. אני מציע לך להשתתף בפעיליות של ה- Admission Office (פרטים באתר שלהם http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admissions/visit/index.cfm) וכן לדבר עם כמה שיותר סטודנטים.
    3. קשה מאוד לחזק את המועמדות שלך בביקור (זוהי העמדה הרשמית של הבי"ס). מספר רב של ישראלים פוגשים את Judith Hodara. מניסיוני בשנתיים האחרונות, הסיכוי שביקור זה יזיק למועמדות שלך גבוה מהסיכוי שיועיל. כך את זה בחשבון ואם אתה מחליט לפגוש אותה אני ממש מציע להגיע מוכן.
    בהצלחה,
    עומר
    אלמוני
    לא פעיל

היי אוהד,

מזל טוב על הראיון, מקווה שהדברים יסתדרו.
    כתבתי כאן בעבר פוסט די מפורט על המלצות לגבי ביקור בקמפוס, נסה למצוא אותו. בהמשך לדברי חברי odn, אכן עדיף להגיע ביום שני לקמפוס כדי להתרשם מהשיעורים. אם תיצור איתנו קשר לפני (שלחתי לך מייל בנפרד), נדאג שתכיר כמה שיותר סטודנטים ישראלים במהלך הביקור. בנוסף, אם יש לך אפשרות לבלות יותר זמן בפילדלפיה, כדאי לך לשקול זאת, פשוט כדי להתרשם מהעיר, מהקמפוס ומהאווירה. למשל, ב-19 למרץ תתקיים Full moon party, לשיקולך. אם יש לך שאלות נוספות, אתה מוזמן ליצור קשר.

בהצלחה!
    אהרון

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

חברות וחברים,

המון בהצלחה עם הסיבוב השני!

Plan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14
    Hi all,
    I am interested in applying during the first round, for MBA studies that start on August/September 2010 and would be glad to learn more about Wharton's full time MBA program.
    I plan to visit Philadelphia between April 8th (evening) and the 9th. If possible at all, it would be very helpful if I could get the following questions cleared up:

• Aside from touring the facilities and taking into account that I would be devoting my entire stay for such campus visit, what would be the best way to utilizes this visit?
    • Who should I contact prior to such visit?
    • I have read in this forum that meeting specific admissions personnel may endanger my chances, if possible please elaborate.
    • Is there anything else that should be done during my visit that may promot my application?

Many thanks for all the help,

Yuval Gat

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: Plan

Hi Yuval,

Congrats on the decision to apply to Wharton. Please review some of the older posts in this thread; I believe you'd find some helpful information about how to get the most of your campus visit. Also, I believe April 8th (evening) is Passover. We are supposed to have here a huge event organized by the Israel Club. This could be a good opportunity for you; let me know if you're interested and I'll check with the organizers.

If you have more questions after you did the above, please leave your email and I'll get back to you.

Aaron

Plan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for the information, I would love to attend the Passover event, in fact I plan participate in a class visit, lunch with students, campus tour, an info session and any other activity I can get into.

Are there any other classes or activites you recomend?

If possible, it would be great to meet some of the Israeli students on or off campus.

Thanks again,

Yuval

BTW, my mail is [email protected]

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

Hi Yuval

I'll send you an email.

See you in Philly,
    Aaron

guy130
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

Hi All,

My name is Guy. My wife and I hope to visit Wharton during passover (currently it looks like we will be there on April 15th)

I would love to meet and chat with some of the Israeli students, do any of you have the time for this?

Thank you!
    Guy

gal523
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 40

To: guy130

Hello everyone,

I am planning on being in Philadelphia around early – mid June, Is there a point in visiting Wharon then? will there be any Israeli students still around during that time period?

thank you very much in advance,

Gal

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: gal523

Hi Gal,

Congrats on the decision to apply to Wharton. You can always see the building and campus and get a sense of the city, but you will not be able to witness the true experience of Wharton during the summer as 1st years are during their internships and 2nd years are gone. You may have a small number of students taking summer classes, but that is far from reflecting what Wharton is all about. I would check the admissions' site to see if there are any activities being held during the summer, but I am not optimistic about that either.

Aaron

isaaci
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

Hey Aaron,

I would like to visit Wharton on April 22, and I have few questions I need to ask. It will be great if we could meet there.

my email is: [email protected]

Hope to here from you soon (BTW – I quite sure we know each other. Will be nice to find it out together…)

Itzik.

odn
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

To: guy130

Hi Guy – in case you’re still looking for an Israeli contact at Wharton, please leave your email address here and I’ll contact you and try to set you up with Israeli students.

Omer
    guy130
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

Hi Omer,

Thanks for offering to help!

I actually contacted some students, but it would be great to meet with others too

my email is guys130 at gmail.com

Thanks!
    Guy

oferva
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 48

Hi All,

Wharton students will be hosting Coffee Chats on May 16 in Gan Haair.

This is a great opportunity to learn more about the unique Wharton MBA experience and explore issues such as: Academics, Student community,
    Career opportunities, Wharton network, Life at Philadelphia, Financial aspects of the MBA, Admission process etc'

There will be 2 sessions, but space is limited, so make sure you register in advance through the following links:

16 May 2009, 10-11am face=Calibri https://register.applyyourself.com/?id=UPENN-GSB&pid=1584&eID=23282&rid=1

16 May 2009, 11-12pm face=Calibri https://register.applyyourself.com/?id=UPENN-GSB&pid=1584&eID=23283&rid=1

For any questions, feel free to reach out to me (Ofer) at:
    oferva@wharton.upenn.edu

Hope to see you,
    The Wharton Israel Club

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

שלום כולם,

לא מזמן התקיים בוורטון ערב ה-WICS השנתי (Wharton Cultural Show). בקצרה, מדובר בערב שמאורגן על ידי הסטודנטים וכולו חוויה של התרבויות והלאומים (סה"כ 72 לאומים שונים במחזור) השונים בוורטון. כמו בכל שנה, גם לישראל היה ייצוג מכובד… תבדקו בעצמכם:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNASonx_TQU

צפיה מהנה,
    אהרון

gal523
    חבר

Hey..

I'm applying to the 2010 class – I am planning on visiting Wharton next week (either the 13th or 14th) – will you guys be available to meet during these dates?

thanks,

Gal

gal523
    חבר

I'm at [email protected] – thanks!
    oferva
    חבר

Hi Gal,

My name is Ofer, and I am a first year student at Wharton. First of all, congrats on your decision to apply to Wharton. Secondly, as the academic year is about to be over (in two days…), I believe visiting at Wharton next week will be less beneficial since most of the students are leaving for their summer internships and classes will not be held. My recommendation is to postpone your visit to September when the academic year begins.

Hope that helps,
    Ofer
    gal523
    חבר

To: oferva

Hey Ofer,

Thanks for your response. Do you think there is a point incoming to the campus at all during that time period? (I cannot come in Sept…)

Will the Israelis be there then?

Jeff
    חבר

Hi Gal,

I visited Wharton around this time last year (shortly after everyone was gone.) Maybe you can find a student to take you around. Aaron was great and took me around on my visit (thanks again, Aaron!) You will be able to get an impression of the building and its surroundings.

Besides this, you can also meet an admissions officer there. I did that and — because of the "season" — I shared her attention with only one other prospective. This can be both good and bad. If you come prepared and make a strong impression, they will take it into account when they read your application. However, if you make a bad impression… your call.

A visit also helps in making a convincing 'why Wharton' case in essay1. You can say that you saw and felt… which is always better than saying that you heard/read.

Overall, I would say that of all of the schools I visited, my Wharton visit was the least helpful to me because there were no classes/activities I could experience. In my opinion, if the rest of your trip takes you anywhere near Philly then go visit. However, if you have to take a special flight or go through a lot of trouble to get there, then I would suggest you try another time or apply without visiting.

Either way, good luck and have a nice trip!

Jeff

pellegam
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 20

שלום,

אנו קבוצה של סטודנטים בחו"ל שעושים מחקר קצר על שימוש בשירותים מקצועיים בתהליך הקבלה. מאד נודה על עזרה במילוי שאלון קצר ביותר :
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=cDBCWnNrOE5tMi1admg3Z0VpYV9EVXc6MA..

תודה ובהצלחה בתהליך

oferva
    חבר

Gal,

Although you are very welcome to visit, I think the marginal benefit would be very small. Some of us will be here to show you around, but in general we will be busy with our summer internships during the days. As to meeting an admission officer, you will have to check if this option is available but take into consideration that in 99% of the chances, there is more risk you will damage your candidacy than promote it – you will have to be prepared extremely well and understand deeply the local mentality of interviews.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ofer

oferva
    חבר

Hi All,

Due to high demand, we decided to add two more sessions of Coffee Chats on May 15. Those additional sessions will be held at Max Brenner, Yarkon Estuary, Port of Tel Aviv (http://www.mouse.co.il/CM.food_item_place,383,213,6551,.aspx)

This is a great opportunity to learn more about the unique Wharton MBA experience and explore issues such as: Academics, Student community,
    Career opportunities, Wharton network, Life at Philadelphia, Financial aspects of the MBA, Admission process etc'

Sspace is limited, so make sure you register in advance through the following links:

Fri May 15 11am Chat: https://register.applyyourself.com/?id=UPENN-GSB&pid=1584&eID=23331&rid=1/DIV DIV dir=ltr align=leftBR
    Fri May 15 12pm Chat: https://register.applyyourself.com/?id=UPENN-GSB&pid=1584&eID=23332&rid=1

For any questions, feel free to reach out to me (Ofer) at:
    oferva@wharton.upenn.edu

Hope to see you,
    The Wharton Israel Club

gal523
    חבר

Thanks everyone for all your tips and comments – I think I will postpone the visit..

hope to see you in the future..

Gal

gal523
    חבר

Thanks everyone for all your tips and comments – I think I will postpone the visit..

hope to see you in the future..

Gal

May_be
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 34

Hello,

I am planning to visit Wharton in the middle of July (probably 16-18), and I would be very glad to meet some Israeli students.

Thank you :)

Maya

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: May_be

Hi Maya,

Congrats on the decision to apply to Wharton. As you probably know, activity around campus on July will be on a low key. The campus will be almost completely empty and the regular myriad activities will not take place. That said, it may be you'd be able to meet some Israelis that are around Philadelphia at that time. Please leave your email and I'd put you in touch with the right people.

Cheers, Aaron

May_be
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 34

Great Aaron. My e-mail is mayaben at gmail dot com.

(And I will come visit anyhow, but thank you for the info :)).

oferva
    חבר

Hi All,

We thought it could be interesting to the forum readers if we update about summer internships of the Israel class of 2010 at Wharton, just to give a flavor of a very important aspect of the MBA experience abroad.

Although the recruiting environment was much more challenging this year than in the past, all Israelis (20) ended up with at least one offer for the summer.

Students are working this summer across various industries. Finance (Investment Management, Investment Banking and Corporate Finance), Consulting, Technology, Real Estate, Healthcare, Consumer Goods, Agribusiness and even Gaming 

The Offers were extended by leading firms. Just to give a few examples of typical employers which extended offers: Goldman-Sachs, Fidelity, Pimco, Credit Swiss (Finance), BCG (Consulting), IBM, Motorola, Symantec (Technology), Novartis (Healthcare) and General Mills (Consumer Goods).

Job positions vary and depend on industries. In the Finance and Consulting industries, a typical MBA summer position is Summer Associate. In other industries, summer positions this year include Business Strategy, Business Development, Strategic Marketing, Product Management and Operations Management.

Hope you will find this information useful. We will be happy to answer questions and contribute from our experience.

Wharton Israel Club

danutz
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

Hi,

Sounds like a busy summer for you guys…

I'm planning to visit the US soon. I'd really like to come and visit Wharton, but I can only do that in early September (either September 3rd or 7th).
    I was wondering if the semester will resume by that time and if it's worth it even if I don't get a chance to visit a class?
    I'd also really like to meet any Israeli student who's free for coffee :-)

Thanks,

Daniel

oferva
    חבר

Hi Daniel,

School will start on Sep 7th. Although you may gain some insights if you visit before, I highly recommend making an extra effort to visit after classes begin. Then you'll be able to evaluate much better the full Wharton experience – from both the academic and the social aspects.

Anyway, when you decide on your dates of visit, send me an email with the details (to oferva@wharton.upenn.edu) and i'll try to coordinate for you to meet some of the students.

Best and good luck with you application,
    Ofer

danutz
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

Thanks for the help!
    I'll let you know what my final plans are, and be happy to meet with anyone who's going to be available.
    KatzA09
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 80

עופר, או כל אחד מהסטודנטים האחרים בוורטון,

אני עושה עבודה השוואתית להשוואת תוכניות האסטרטגיה בבתי הספר השונים למנהל עסקים. חסר לי פריט מידע אחד על תוכנית האסטרטגיה בוורטון, והיא – מתי נלמד מקצוע האסטרטגיה הליבתי בשנה הראשונה. האם זה קורה ברבע הראשון, השני, או לאחר מכן?

בתודה מראש,

ארנון

oferva
    חבר

בשנה הראשונה בה לומדים קורסי ליבה, יש שני קורסי אסטרטגיה: competitive strategy ו – global strategy. לאחר מכן, מי שבוחר להמשיך בכוון, יכול לבחור מבין סד"ג של 20 קורסים בנושא.

עופר

yoav_mw
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hi All,

I am applying for Wharton, and I have two questions.

(1) Redarding "Lauder" – I am interested in the program, but I understand that not many Israeli's have ever joined this program. I would be happy to be connected with a current student in the program. I have some questions, mainly if the loaded schedule conflicts with time dedicated torwards career focusing, and about the summer program <–> summer internship.
    (2) Regarding a campus visit – how would you best spend your time in a 2 day visit to Philadelphia and the campus.

Thanks in advance, Yoav

oferva
    חבר

Hi Yoav,

Regarding your first question, send me your email to oferva@wharton.upenn.com and i'll connect you with an Israeli Lauder student.

Regarding your second question, my recommendation is that you try to maximize your visit in two areas: academic and social. On the academic side – visit campus and attend some classes, try to "feel" the campus environment. On the social area, meet as many students as you can and join us for social events.

When you know your dates of visit and you can be more specific, feel free to contact me and i'll try to build you a visit plan that will make the most out of it.

Hope it helps,
    Ofer

yossipollak
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 38

שלום לכולם,

ניסיתי למצוא מידע בפוסט על וורטון לפני שאני מציג שאלה חדשה, ולא כ"כ מצאתי, אז הנה השאלה:
    אני מגיש מועמדות ל- MIT והרוורד, בין השאר כי בוסטון נראית לי מקום טוב לישראלי עם משפחה (3 ילדים), מבחינת הקהילה והאפשרויות לחינוך (אני דתי).
    אשמח לשמוע חוות דעת לגבי הקהילה הישראלית / יהודית בפילדלפיה, גנים יהודיים, בתי כנסת וכו', כדי לנסות להבין האם וורטון היא אופציה טובה עבורי ועבור משפחתי (מבחינה אקדמאית, ברור לי שזו אופציה מעולה, ובעיני שניה אחרי הרוורד).

תודה רבה,
    יוסי

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    Hi Yosi,

Almost every year there is at least one religious Israeli student in Wharton, including a guy from Jerusalem with family who is in his second year now, and I'm happy to take the question.

Philadelphia can offer you anything you need in terms of religious lifestyle, including fresh kosher meat, variety of Orthodox communities, kindergarten, school, kosher restaurants etc. We actually have what we call (or what I call) Philly 102, which is a comprehensive guide for Jewish life. Finally, Penn has probably the largest contingency of Jewish students in the ivy league, and has in depth understanding and flexibility with all Jewish holidays, large and small. It also has a huge Hillel and Chabad houses on campus.

Though I'd not wish to compare schools, I must say I strongly oppose the claim that HBS is better than Wharton academically. I'm happy to address specific questions if you have those — feel free to leave your email address. Another consideration you may want to add is the likelihood of extensive community life for your family around campus.

Best of luck,
    Aaron

yossipollak
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 38

תודה רבה אהרון,
    לגבי רמה אקדמית, ההערכה שלי מספרית ומבוססת על ממוצע על פני כמה דרוגים, וברור לי שהיא לא אומרת הרבה (ובכל זאת זו הדרך שלי כרגע להעריך).
    לגבי חיים יהודיים באזור, אני שמח לשמוע את המידע.
    המייל שלי:
    [email protected]
    אשמח לשמוע על בתי ספר יהודיים באזור, שם אולי תוכל אשתי לעבוד.

תודה שוב
    יוסי

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

To: yossipollak

רבות נכתב בפורום זה על נושא הדירוגים. זוהי כנראה הדרך השטחית ביותר ללמוד על ההבדלים בין תכניות ה-MBA המובילות. לצערנו, היות והם מאוד מקיפים ובעלי סטטוס ומוניטין מסויימים, כולנו מתבססים על דירוגים בתחילת המסע בעקבות MBA בחו"ל, לטוב ולרע.

ברזולוציה של התכניות המובילות, קשה עד חסר משמעות למצוא הבדלים מבחינה אקדמית בין הרווארד ווורטון למשל…
    במילים אחרות, מומלץ לצאת מנקודת הנחה שאיכות הלימודים בכל המוסדות המובילים (נאמר טופ 10 בארה"ב ועוד 5-7 התכניות המובילות באירופה) היא דומה עד כדי שאין טעם לנסות ולהשוות אותן זו לזו על בסיס קריטריון זה.

דיון נרחב על הקריטריונים הרלוונטיים להשוואה בין תכניות שונות אפשר למצוא כאן: http://mbachances.co.il/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=892&PagePosition=1&threadpage=2

בהצלחה!

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 151 עד 200 (מתוך 263 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.