מוצגות 50 תגובות – 201 עד 250 (מתוך 263 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 124

To: All

Yossi, I sent you an email.

Aaron

maayanpi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

To: epony

Guys,

Allow me to respectfully disagree with the claim that there is no point in comparing top-10 school on the academic level. I would agree that the academic level will be very high in each of these institutes, or that one might prefer to give little importance to that when choosing a school. However, my understanding is that like in every other parameter there is a meaningful variation in the academic level of schools.

Some schools have or dedicate more resources to recruiting faculty, or have reputation that helps attract the most wanted faculty. Not only that, I do believe that in some schools the studies typically demand more from students, and students work harder on the academic side (Harvard, Wharton and Chicago are probably a good example for such).

Another point to consider – while it's harder to compare the general academic level, one can compare strengths in specific academic areas. For example Booth has a marketing faculty that expertise in Quantitative Marketing and offers classes you cannot find in other schools, while Duke offers great Healthcare courses that other schools don't.

The schools' ranking is indeed not a good way to learn about their academic level, but to those applicants who give a high priority to the academic experience, I would recommend to research and learn about the differences that do exist between schools.

Good luck!

gileyal
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 279

Maayan,

I have to respectfully disagree with the implication that students at the schools you mentioned have to work harder on the academic side. While the schools you mentioned are truly exceptional and their faculty is excellent, I believe you have to work just as hard at the other top schools.

In fact, Chicago and Wharton (not sure about Harvard) have grade non-disclosure policies, so actually, if you wanted, you could simply study to pass and no one would know you finished with all C's. To be fair, from everything I have been able to gather, schools that don't have non-disclosure policies usually have a pretty comfortable grading method (most people get b's and a's).

Furthermore, while these schools have a fantastic reputation and do everything they can to attract the best professors they can, the same applies to the other top schools.

For the sake of clarity, I mean no disrespect to you or any of the schools you mentioned. I personally believe the main point for comparison between schools is how strong their brand is in the field you would like to pursue a career and the list of recruiters that come to a school. In all honesty, its b-school, and more often than not, academics come second to recruiting.

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

To: maayanpi

Maayan,

There's a huge difference between not distinguishing between the top-10 schools based on general academics and not distinguishing between these schools at all. I don't share your point of view that some schools are academically better than others because students study harder or the faculty gets paid more. My main gripe with this argument is that none of us can render an informed, objective opinion on this due to the simple fact that no one does more than one MBA (although I wouldn't mind volunteering to such a research ;-)
    By the way, several HBS grads told me that they thought that the academics were a joke(!) – based on that, maybe the school's investment in its world renowned faculty is not garnering the desired ROI..?

What we were all more or less unanimous about is that one shouldn't infer that Wharton is "better" than Harvard just because it's ranked 2 places above it in any one MBA ranking.

What we would all probably agree with you on is that different schools have different strengths and weaknesses, even academically. However, these differences usually resonate beyond just the academic curriculum. Moreover, more often than not, one would have to research schools beyond the occasional review of rankings to fully comprehend these differences.

All the best!

בתאל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 30

הי,

שמי בתאל ואני מתעתדת להגיש את האפליקיישן למס' בי"ס בround הראשון (וורטון, HBS, NYU, ברקלי וסטנפורד). בשל נסיבות אישיות, נמנע ממני מלגשת לGMAT מוקדם יותר מסוף ספטמבר.

בהנחה שאוכל להגיש את האפליקיישם האלק' בבוקר היום האחרון לדד ליין הרשמי של ביה"ס (זמן ישראל), האם אספיק את הדדליין, או שמא ישנם טפסים שעליי לשלוח בהארד קופי? (הסתכלתי באתר אבל משום מה לא היה לי ברור האם צריך לשלוח טפסים בהארד קופי, כמו ציונים, לפני שמתקבלים רשמית).

במידה ויש צורך לשלוח טפסים בהארד קופי, האם גם הם צריכים להגיע עד לתאריך הדד ליין, או שמא בעניין הזה הם יותר סלחנים וכל עוד הטפסים האלק' הוגשו בזמן, אז ההארד קופי יכול להגיע כמה ימים לאחר מכן?

בנוסף, רציתי לדעת האם יש עומס ביום הדד ליין באופן שלא מאפשר בכלל לשלוח את האפליקיישן האלק'?

בתודה מראש

בתאל

oferva
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 48

To: בתאל

Hi Batel,

You can apply on-line, and until a decision is made regarding your case, you will not have to submit any papers in hard copy. Deadline days are typically very overloaded – Wharton strongly encourage people not to submit their application close to the deadline and some people who did it in the past encountered technical difficulties.

This way or another, remember that you are competing against other candidates who have worked on their application on average 6-10 months. That means that on average they are able to build a much more solid application than an application they would have built in 1-2 months.

Since at Wharton, submitting your application at round 2 is as good as submitting it at round 1, my recommendation to you is to postpone your application to round 2 and submit a more solid application.

Good luck,

Ofer

shoch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18
    Hi to all the Wharton alumni and current student,

I'm thinking of applying to Wharton for class of 2012 (1st round hopefully). I heard many good things about the Wharton Entrepreneurship Programs (WEP) at Wharton and would like to hear some more information.

Thanks for the help,
    Shachar

בתאל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 30

To: oferva

הי עופר,

לא הבנתי, איך יתכן שאין הבדל בין הסבב הראשון לשני? הרי מקומות נתפסים, לא?

oferva
    חבר

Hi Shachar,

You can find most of the relevant information here:
    http://wep.wharton.upenn.edu/

If you have more specific questions, feel free to post them and i'll be happy to answer or connect you with people who are more involved in the program.

Good luck,
    Ofer

oferva
    חבר

Batel,

The admission committee chooses within each round the strongest candidates it finds, where the numbers of admits are quite similar historically in round 1 and round 2. Essentially, your application in round 1 and round 2 is being evaluated on a relative basis to the pool of candidates of the same round.

Hope that helps,
    Ofer

shoch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

Hi Ofer,

Thanks for the reply.
    I am familiar with that website and read it back and forward :), yet I would like to hear personal experiences from current MBA students.

Thanks,
    Shachar

oferva
    חבר

Shachar,

If you are interested in talking with one of the students involved in WEP, send me your contact details to oferva@wharton.upenn.edu and i'll connect you. If you have specific questions, you can also post them here and i'll make sure they are answered.

Best,
    Ofer

maayanpi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

To: epony

Gil and epony,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my post. I share your perspective on much of what you wrote, but my opinion still is that the academic experience is different across top-MBA programs. To put this in perspective, I agree with Gil that the chances to launch the career you want should be the top priority when choosing a school. However, b-schools give some powerful tools that would be useful for the rest of one’s career, and much of this happens inside the classrooms. Differences between schools go way beyond the academic curriculum, but I want to put the spotlight on an area that I think is often being overlooked when researching schools.

As epony mentioned, I cannot compare my experience to any other program. However, my opinion is based on conversation with our faculty and students at other programs.

While all top schools compete fiercely to recruit faculty, some are more successful than others. Even within the top 10 programs there are differences in reputation and resources. Without implying that the academic level is not great at all these schools, in reality some schools would more often win than loose when they compete with others on faculty. An anecdote to demonstrate this battle of giants – following the economic situation and their shrunk endowments, most schools cut their budget for faculty recruiting this year. Booth is one school that took advantage of that to bring in two star professors it was after and new faculty with teaching experience. I don’t doubt that students work very hard everywhere, but from what I understand, there are differences in terms of school culture in that regard.

Clarification on the grade-non-disclosure policy: my experience is that rarely do students take advantage of this to do only the minimum requirements at classes and get a C. More often it enables students to challenge themselves and take advanced classes, without fearing how recruiters would evaluate their grades. It also makes the competitions in the classroom somewhat less intense.

Take care!

skydiver
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 29

kind of a "kit bag" questions but I'll try

the fellowship application in Wharton, does it worth the effort(another essay)? I heard it usually for American… Does anybody has a reliable knowledge about that?

Thanks!

oferva
    חבר

The information about grants and fellowship could be found here:

http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admissions/grants-and-fellowships.cfm

I am not sure to which one you are referring, but if theoretically you are eligible for it, I don't see a reason why not trying…

Ofer

Slovo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 96

Wharton Admissions Event in Herzliya
    As you explore your graduate business school options, we invite you to join us at a Wharton Full-Time MBA Admissions reception. Here you will learn more about whether an MBA and an MBA from Wharton is right for you.

Meet members of the Wharton community and discover our distinctively collaborative environment, innovative learning, global access, and diversity of talent that places you at the leading edge of new ideas that shape worldwide practice in the business, non-profit, and government sectors.

Arazi-Ofer Building CB01 Interdisciplinary Center
    Herzilya, Israel

Event Date:
    Sunday, Octover 11, 2009. 7:00PM – 9:00PM
    RSVP by:
    Sunday, Octover 11, 2009. 12PM

Register at:
    or
    We look forward to meeting you,
    Wharton Admissions.
    ehudger
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 73

היי,

שאלה קלה לכל אנשי וורטון המסתובבים בפורום :)
    קיבלתי זימון לראיון מוורטון ואני נמצא בארה"ב בשבועיים הקרובים. ההתלבטות שלי היא האם יש יתרון בלהתראיין בקמפוס עצמו (מראה השקעה? יותר אישי? יותר אמין מראיון מרוחק?) או שעדיף לי להתראיין על ידי ישראלי בארץ?

אשמח לשמוע דעתכם על הנושא (בעצם דעת כל מי שיש לו משהו לומר:))

תודה רבה ובהצלחה לממתינים בקוצר רוח,

אהוד

oferva
    חבר

הי אהוד, מזל טוב על הראיון. אתחיל בכך שבעיני וועדת הקבלה אין הבדל בהיבט ההשקעה של המועמד או אמינות המראיין. מעבר לכך, ישנם כמובן יתרונות וחסרונות לכל אחת מהאופציות.

ראיון בקמפוס יתבצע עם חבר וועדת קבלה, אשר עשוי להיות סטודנט שנה שנייה (בוורטון הסטודנטים החברים בוועדה מעורבים מאד בתהליך הקבלה). המשמעות היא שמרבית הסיכויים שתתראיין עם מישהו המעורב באופן פעיל וקרוב לתהליכים המתחוללים בקמפוס, ואשר יבחן אותך יותר כבן כיתה פוטנציאלי. לעומת זאת, יש לקחת בחשבון את העובדה שתתראיין במנטליות זרה (ייתכן אמריקאית, אך לא בהכרח). לעובדה הזאת משקל מכריע לדעתי שכן גם לנו כסטודנטים נדרש פרק זמן בלתי מבוטל כדי להבין את המשמעויות של העניין. לדוגמא, בתקופת ההכנה לראיונות העבודה נדרשה לכולנו כמות זמן נכבדת של למידה כיצד בונים תשובה, באיזה שפה מתנסחים וכו' (לחלק נכבד מאיתנו יש על מה לעבוד…). בנוסף, ייתכן שמראיין זר לא יבין עד הסוף משמעויות מסוימות של האפליקיישן שלך (לדוגמא, הישגים צבאיים מרשימים וכו').

ראיון בארץ יתבצע עם בוגר, אשר בד"כ סיים את לימודיו לפחות לפני מספר שנים אם לא יותר. סביר שבוגר יסתכל עליך יותר כבוגר לעתיד ויעריך אותך בדגש על בסיס זה (אם כי לא רק כמובן). הראיון יתבצע במנטליות מקומית (גם אם באנגלית) ולכן יכולת ה"חיבור" שלך למראיין, אשר ללא ספק מהווה מרכיב קריטי במסקנותיו, היא טובה יותר.

לסיכום, אם אינך שולט במנטליות זרה ואו קיים חשש כי אלמנטים מסוימים באפליקיישן שלך ברורים יותר במנטליות ישראלית, הייתי ממליץ על ראיון בארץ.

מקווה שעזרתי, אל תהסס לפנות בשאלות נוספות.

בהצלחה!
    עופר

ehudger
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 73

היי עופר,

כיוון שנולדתי בארה"ב וגרתי בה כמה שנים בתור ילד וגם כבוגר אחרי צבא, אני די מכיר את המנטליות האמריקאית ומרגיש נוח בה. לצערי כל הסיפור לא רלוונטי עבורי כיוון שראיונות בקמפוס מתחילים רק ב 16 לנובמבר (אני חוזר ב 9) :)

בכל מקרה המון תודה על התשובה המפורטת.

אהוד

skydiver
    חבר

עוד מישהו קיבל הזמנה לריאיון פרט לאהוד???

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

Guys,

Just wanted to remind all that interview invitations can go out till the very last minute. As I write here every year, I got my invite ONE HOUR before the deadline, so… be cool and enjoy sunny Israel:)

Aaron

skydiver
    חבר

איזה התרגשות… יש זימון לראיון חברים!!!

בהצלחה לכולם!

tzurohad
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

שבת שלום לכולם,

קיבלתי זימון לראיון בשבוע שעבר, ממש לפני שיצאתי למילואים וזה בהחלט עשה לי את השבוע.

שיהיה בהצלחה לכולם וקחו את זה בקלות.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

בהצלחה לכולם!
    oferva
    חבר

Hi All,

Wharton students will be hosting Coffee Chats on Saturday, December 26th in Max Brenner café located at the port of Tel Aviv.

This is a great opportunity to learn more about the unique Wharton MBA experience and explore issues such as: Academics, Student community, Career opportunities, Wharton network, Life at Philadelphia, Financial aspects of the MBA, Admission process etc'

There will be 3 sessions, but space is limited, so make sure you register in advance through the following links:

15:00-16:00
    https://register.applyyourself.com/?id=upenn-gsb&pid=1584&eID=27188&rid=1

16:00 – 17:00
    https://register.applyyourself.com/?id=upenn-gsb&pid=1584&eID=27189&rid=1

17:00 – 18:00
    https://register.applyyourself.com/?id=upenn-gsb&pid=1584&eID=27190&rid=1

For any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to me (oferva@wharton.upenn.edu) or to Yoni (greifman@wharton.upenn.edu)

Hope to see you,
    Ofer

gal523
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 40

To: oferva

הי לכולם,

אחרי חודשים רבים של השקעה, מתחים ובעיקר המון המון לחכות, התקבלתי היום לוורטון…..

רציתי להודות לכולם בפורום הזה, שאני חושב ששאלתי בו עשרות רבות של שאלות בשנים האחרונות.. מקווה להמשיך לכתוב בו גם שנה הבאה, הפעם מהצד השני בפילדלפיה…

einchi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

To: gal523

שלום לכולם,

אני מעוניינת להגיש מועמדות לאוני' וורטון.
    אשמח לקבל במייל מידע לגבי תהליך ההרשמה, מסלולי הלימוד, אוירה חברתית וכל מידע רלוונטי אחר….

[email protected]

תודה רבה
    בהצלחה לכולם!!

עינת

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: einchi

Hi Einat,

Sent you an email.

Aaron

Silent_Thunder
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

To: All, Aaron

הי,

אני מעוניין להגיש מועמדות לוורטון – למחזור 2013 – אשמח לשמוע על תוכניות הלימודים, הפעילויות החברתיות, וטיפים לחיבורים מסטודנטים ובוגרים.

בנוסף אשמח מאוד אם משהו יוכל לתת לי מידע על תוכנית ההלוואות של וורטון (אם קיימת) – ואיך ניתן לממן את הלימודים (הלוואות ללא ספונסר אמריקאי).

תודה,

Silent_Thunder

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: Silent_Thunder

היי Silent_Thunder,

ברכות על ההחלטה להגיש לוורטון.

השאלה שלך מאוד רחבה… מקום טוב להתחיל הוא במחקר באתר(ים) של בית הספר, שילמדו אותך רבות על אופי התכנית וישיבו על השאלות שלך. כשאתה כבר בעניינים–לפחות חלקית–כדאי לדבר עם סטודנטים שלומדים בתכנית ויכולים לתת לך פרספקטיבה רחבה. אני תמיד ממליץ להגיע לביקור בבתי הספר לפני ההגשה כיוון שמדובר בחוויה עוטפת ושונה מאוד מאופי הלימודים בישראל, וכשעל הכף סכום כסף נכבד ביותר ושנתיים מהחיים, חשוב לראות במו עיניך את ההבדלים בין בתי הספר, העיר, האווירה וכד' כדי לקבל החלטה מושכלת על העדפותיך.

לגבי ההלוואות — לוורטון יש תכנית הלוואות לסטודנטים ללא ספונסר אמריקאי ולמיטב ידיעתי היא המשתלמת או אחת המשתלמות ביותר מבין בתי הספר המובילים.

אתה מוזמן לשאול שאלות נוספות–כאן או במייל–אחרי שקצת נכנסת לעניינים.

בהצלחה,
    אהרון

Silent_Thunder
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

To: All, Aaron

הי אנשי וורטון,

האם יתקיים מפגש עם סטודנטים ובוגרים בחודש-חודשיים הקרובים?

תודה,

Silent_Thunder

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

Hi ST,

Typically the summer months are all about internships hence I'd doubt if a student led event will be organized in the coming two months. Wharton organizes an event with an admission officer every year, however it's closer to the R1 deadline. I'll let current students take it from here…

Aaron

oferva
    חבר

ST,

Notice also the Fulbright Fair should take place on July 15 and 16. Be assured Wharton will be represented, so that might be a great opportunity to approach admission and alumni with any questions you might have. I suggest contacting Fulbright and following the message board in this forum and other on-line publications for further details regarding the event.

Let me know if you need anything else,
    Ofer

danraveh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 51

הי,

אני מתעניין בלימודים בוורטון 2012, רציתי לשאול מה הדגשים שכדאי לי להדגיש באפליקיישן.
    ועד כמה המלצה מבוגר תעזור. הבוס הישיר שלי הוא בוגר. וורטון.

תודה.
    דן.

oferva
    חבר

To: danraveh

הי דן,

השאלה שלך רחבה מאד. התכנית בוורטון היא מגוונת, וכנ"ל גוף הסטודנטים. אתה יכול להבין שקשת הרקעים היא רחבה ועל כן העצה הטובה ביותר שאני יכול לתת לך היא להדגיש את הפרמטרים איתם אתה מרגיש חזק ביותר. עם זאת, אומר שהתכנית בוורטון נחשבת מבחינה אקדמאית לחזקה ביותר בתחומי המימון, היזמות והעסקים הבינלאומיים וקיים פוקוס על יכולות אנליטיות. הייתי ממליץ לך לדבר עם כמה שיותר סטודנטים ובוגרים כדי להכיר את התוכנית לעומק ולהבין כיצד לבנות את האפליקיישן החזק ביותר.

לגבי המלצה מבוגר וורטון – קח בחשבון שהפרמטרים החשובים ביותר בהמלצות הם מידת ההתלהבות של הממליץ מן המועמד ועומק ההיכרות עימו. כך למשל, אם ישנה התלבטות בין שני ממליצים עם מידת היכרות מצויינת עם המועמד, כאשר הממליץ הראשון עם מידת התלהבות גבוהה מאד אך אינו בוגר וורטון והממליץ השני עם מידת התלהבות בינונית והוא בוגר וורטון, הממליץ הראשון עדיף. במידה ומידת ההתלהבות וההיכרות של שני הממליצים שווה, אז קיים יתרון (קטן) לטובת ממליץ בוגר וורטון.

מקווה שזה עוזר, אם יש לך שאלות נוספות, אתה מוזמן לפנות אלי ל-oferva@wharton.upenn.edu

בהצלחה!
    עופר

DaniShovevani
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

Hi Guys,
    I would really like to apply to Wharton, however I already have an MBA from Israeli university. Do you know anyone at Wharton who had an MBA from his home country?

Thanks,
    Dani

nov79
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

Hello everybody,

My name is Michael and I'm new in this forum.

I am considering applying to Wharton MBA in 2012.

I'll be really thankful if people can send me details about the program and the school.

My email:[email protected].

Thanks a lot.

KFIRC
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

To: nov79

Hi Michael
    I think that the most useful thing to do is to go over the website of Wharton at first, look for courses that interest you, professors that attract you,and try learning about the culture of the school (extracurricular activities like sports, trips, etc.)
    After that, try to contact an Israeli student that is currently studying in Wharton and get his perspective about the school.
    The third important thing to do is to track down the events of the school that take place every year in Israel.
    In addition, you can contact Aringo (www.aringo.co.il) and they can give you solid recommendations about the school and some good advice on the application process.
    Hope I helped.
    Kfir
    כפיר קטאלן
    אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: KFIRC

Kfir,

Congrats on graduating from CMU — I still remember hosting you in Philadelphia.

I suggest we limit this thread and the other school-specific threads to their original purpose — learning more about the specific school to make informed decisions. This is why graduates of the specific program are the ones to address questions. Let's keep commercial considerations out of the professional Q&A here – I believe Aringo already has more than one thread in this forum for promotional purposes. Finally, I checked and saw you are part of Aringo — I think there is a place for you to mention that.

Aaron

danbarak
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 20

To: nov79

Nov,
    Please email me at [email protected]

Best,
    Dan

danbarak
    חבר

To: DaniShovevani

Dani,
    It is doable, yet quite rare. You will need to work hard in your essays to explain why you need a Wharton MBA on top of your MBA.
    Personally, I don't know of anyone who has a previous MBA and is currently enrolled in Wharton. I also believe that there are better and cheaper ways to get most of the benefits at a much lower price.
    As an example, I would try to interview for a consulting position in one of the large consulting firms in the US.
    Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Cheers,
    Dan

danbarak
    חבר

All,
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
    I'm currently a second year student at Wharton.

Cheers,
    Dan

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: omerutah

Hey Omer,

Nice to hear from you. From what I can remember, the PE convention is a very impressive event with a ton of opportunity to network. Nice ratio of professionals vs. students. Take a look at the list of attendees. In terms of the hotels — I would just use the likes of priceline. Try to stay in center city, you should be able to find a decent room for <$100/night. Drop a line when you're around... Aaron

omerutah
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 41

To: Aaron

Thanks a lot Aaron – will do, good to hear from you too and I'll definitely shoot you an email if I get there for the convention.

How are things going?

economics
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 135

שלום לכולם,

אני מגיש לוורטון באוקטובר 11 ומעוניין להכיר, במידת האפשר, סטודנטים ובוגרים כדי לשאול שאלות על בית הספר ולהבין טוב יותר לאיזו אוירה(בתקווה) אכנס.

אשמח אם מישהו יוכל לסייע לי בנושא,

ובהצלחה לכולם!

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: economics

Economics,

Congrats on the decision to apply to Wharton.

I graduated in 2009 and am happy to provide more insight and answer any questions you may have. Definitely reach out to students who will give you a fresh perspective (I can help you with that).

To get you started, you might want to review the Wharton websites, learn more about the recent changes in the curriculum, and read through the posts in this thread — some are fantastic. Once you're up to speed, feel free to leave your email and we'll take it from there.

Good luck,
    Aaron

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

וורטון ידוע מאוד בהקשר פיננסי–ובצדק–וגם בתכניות ספציפיות כגון Healthcare, Lauder ותכנית הנדל"ן. עם זאת, חשבתי שיעניין לדעת עד כמה בית הספר הפך לכור היתוך מדהים ליזמים. רק בשנה האחרונה, נמכרו ארבע חברות שכולן הוקמו על ידי סטודנטים של וורטון (ב"חוכמתי" אפילו דחיתי הצעה מאחת מהן פחות משנה לפני האקזיט…). הפרופיל של המתקבלים הישראלים משקף את המגמה. ועוד פרט פיקנטי: אחד הסטודנטים הישראליים עובד בקרן הון הסיכון שהשקיעה ב-Invite Media.

אהרון

Entrepreneurship at Wharton is thriving. In the last year, we've seen several successful exits of student-launched companies, including AdMob (GOOG), Invite Media (GOOG), Milo.com (EBAY) and Diapers.com (AMZN). On the other side of the table, Wharton alums Fred Wilson (USV), Aydin Senkut (Felicis), Yuri Milner (DST), Josh Kopelman (First Round), and Michael Aronson (MentorTech) have stayed busy investing in the next generation of great companies. Closer to home, the class of 2010 is having a strong run with Warby Parker, PayDivvy and Clipik doing exceptionally well, and Hector Beverages recently receiving a $1m angel investment from the founder of Infosys.
    Student entrepreneurs at Wharton have benefited immensely from the resources here. The folks at Wharton Entrepreneurial Programs, the Weiss Tech House, the Venture Initiation Program, Founders' Club, e-Club, Tech Club, classmates, faculty, and alumni have all helped tremendously. But we still have a lot of work to do, to strengthen the startup community at Wharton and Penn. Here's how you can help:
    1. Use the products: Give feedback – nothing is more valuable to an entrepreneur than users and buyers of a product.
    2. Tell your friends: Your word is better than any advertising we could do. If you like what we're doing, email your friends, or better yet, share on Facebook or Twitter.
    3. Introduce us: You probably know venture and angel investors, advisors, and industry and product experts. We'd love to meet them.
    4. Help us directly: You could help shape the product, craft the message or model the business – your skills and time make a huge difference.
    5. Give back as an alum: When a student entrepreneur reaches out, please take the call.
    Many of our classmates and our accomplished undergrad friends are working hard to launch real products, generate revenues, attract top tier press coverage, and raise venture capital. This sample is by no means comprehensive – please do what you can to help Wharton's wonderful startups:
    Careercup.com – Career prep for tech jobs (Gayle Laakman – WG '11)
    Catapulter.com – Door to door ground travel search (Adam Waaramaa & Jenny Cheng – WG '11)
    Coursekit.com – Changing the way you interact with your classes (Joseph Cohen & Dan Getelman – W '13, W'12)
    Gamma Basics – Radiation safety compliance software (Mike Kijewski – WG '12)
    Meeteor.com – Taking the work out of networking (Philip De Cortes & Chris Lee – WG '11)
    Mooblue – Real-time bidding for mobile ads (Nimit Maru & Roberto Sanchez Garvin – WG '12)
    Osus Athletics – Weight lifting you can wear (Steve Dong & Corey Lerch – W '12)
    PoverUP – Student microfinance lending network (Charlie Javice – W '14)
    Rendezwho.com – Make new friends in your city, over dinner (Matt Stephenson – WG '11)
    Squid.by – Make videos with your friends (Bill Kang & Marty Brown – WG '11)
    Stylitics.com – Analytics for fashion brands (Rohan Deuskar – WG '11)
    TerViva BioEnergy – Low cost, environmentally responsible biodiesel production (Sudhir Rani – WG ‘11)
    You can find out more at vip.wharton.upenn.edu or by following @WhartonEntrep & @wfounders on twitter.
    Lastly, we urge you to launch a startup, or help one. If you have an idea, get in touch and we'll help you launch. If you don't, then help a startup – you never know what it might become.

danraveh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 51

מישהו מחברי הפורום קיבל ראיון לוורטון לסיבוב 1?
    דן.
    Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

To: Aaron

Most were undergrad and not all MBA's
    canabull
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

To: danraveh

קיבלתי ראיון לוורטון!

אך פתאום צצה בעיה שממש לא צפיתי אותה.

כשנכסתי למערכת שלהם נתנו רשימה של מקומות שהם מראיינים HUB, ואין שם את ישראל.
    בבדיקה נוספת באינטרנט גיליתי שהם החליטו השנה שבוגרים לא יעשו עוד ראיונות והראיונות יהיו רק על ידי חברי ועדת הקבלה שלהם במקומות מאוד מצומצמים בעולם.

מישהו מכם יודע משהו על זה?

האם אני באמת יצטרך לטוס לחול כדי לעשות את הראיון???

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 201 עד 250 (מתוך 263 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.