מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 426 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • levyad
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

To: dalit

Hi Dalit.

Although it has been some time since 2003,I have seen your name in Aringo.And I wonder if I can share with you my concerns as a woman candidate.did you acctually got to LBS?

were you married?if so did you hasbund worked in London?

I guess that it is a constant conflict to wemon the need to choose between personal/carier development and rasing a family.As so I am in a I dont know if I should go for it or get my MBA here in Israel.

I 29 and getting married next month.do you think it is possible to go one year program in London and come back to Israel?

Hope you are happy with whatever you choose,Adi.

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

To: All

I am just about to start my second year in London Business School.

If you are married (mazal tov!!) your husband gets a working permit automatically.

The program is a 2 year program, and everything is possible. just make your choice…
    I think you will leverage the experience if you stay abroad and gain some work experience there before coming back to Israel.

I am VERY VERY happy with my choice!

dalit
    חבר

Shana Tova everyone!!!

I would like to remind you that you are invited to join me for an info session about London Business School.

The event will be held on Thursday, 28.9.06, 6pm, in Bank Hapoalim, Hanegev 11 st, Tel Aviv.

To reserve your place, either click on the link below or copy the URL into your browser –
    http://interact.london.edu/link.asp?menu=events&coursesysid=52&advertcode=emailedinvite

We look forward to seeing you there!

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

Alas, I'll be on my way to vacation in Amsterdam at that time…

Shana Tova!

noa16
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

Hey Dalit,

Where exactly in Hanegev 11 is it going to be?

I am working there and it's a complex of 3 buildings.

Thanks,

Noa

dalit
    חבר

מועדון הבנק – קומה ראשונה.

Limch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 323

היי דלית

המפגש אתמול היה מצוין, והיה נחמד סוף סוף לראות את הפרצוף שמאחורי כל ההודעות והאי-מיילים…

שתהיה לך שנה שניה מצוינת ותודה על העזרה!

לימור.

noa16
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

אני מצטרפת להודעה של לימור-

היה מצוין!

תודה על ההשקעה,

נועה

epony
    חבר

Dalit,

As I'm preparing my R2 LBS app., I was wondering if you could shre your own application experience and hand out some tips and tricks…

Thanks for all your help and support!

dalit
    חבר

I'd love to, but more specific questions would help me help you… in general, emphasuze international exposure, leadership, team work.
    epony
    חבר

Do you mind if we take the more specific questions offline? can I email you?

dalit
    חבר

To: epony

Let's try here first? I am sure that others will be able to learn from it. If it's too specific post your email and i promise to write back.
    dalit
    חבר

The article below brings a great example to an annual event that happens in school, led by students, and organized completely by students (including contacting the speakers). I took part in the organizing team for the last 2 years, and this time I am very proud… we made it Ynet!!! yeyyyiiii

This event was held on Friday, and you can read on it in the FT and other big and important newspapers (and ynet :-))

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3321540,00.html

(בית הספר לעסקים של לונדון = London Business Scool. I have nothing to do with the lame translation.)

If you want to learn more about the summit: http://www.londonmediasummit.com/

id
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

Hi Dalit,

Where did you do your intership?

I.

dalit
    חבר

in a medical device company in Switzerland
    dalit
    חבר

והנה הוויקי שלנו :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Business_School

Dan1308
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Dalit hi,

Sorry to bother you on a Sunday.

I have started the process in order to apply to LBS EMBA program.

Are there any Israeli students taking part in this program at the moment?

Can you please direct me to someone with whom I can talk about it?

Your help will be much appriciated.

Thank you in advance,

Dan Levy

dalit
    חבר

sure! send me an email and I will give you their details.

dtalmor.mba2007@london.edu

maayanpi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

Hi Dalit,

I am considering to apply to LBS and see my future in the healthcare industry. You told in the LBS information session in Tel-Aviv that you did your summer internship in a pharma company. I have a few questions about the healthcare industry in europe and I wonder if I can contact you by email regarding this subject.

Thanks in advance,

Maayan

dalit
    חבר

To: maayanpi

I have been working in a medical device company.

If these are general questions about the industry I'd rather if you could post them here, as I am sure there are a few more people who would be interested in the topic. If personal – dtalmor.mba2007@london.edu

maayanpi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

Dalit,

You are probably right. Most of my question can interest others.

I have been querying a little bit about the options the healthcare industry offers to MBAs in the US. I got the impression that since the European market is smaller, less companies recruit in Europe than in the US. Another argue that was made against going to europe is that if you work in an international company that its headquarters is located in the US, than you miss some of the insights you can achive about the industry when working in the states.

Another concern I have is the claim that the European market is becoming increasingly problematic for pharma companies and least profitable and that that european model is completely different.

I will be happy to hear your point of view about the issues I mentioned and your insights about the options that an MBA graduate has in the healthcare industry in Europe in General. I am also curious the tools LBS offers in terms of specific academic skills for someone heading to this field.

Thanks a lot,

Maayan

dalit
    חבר

Let me start with listing the companies that recruited on campus this year and last year (well, those that I remember, from the whole HC industry spectrum, i.e, pharma, medical device, biotech, consulting & IT):

Pfizer
    Medtronic
    Novartis
    Roche
    Lilly
    Amgen
    Cerner
    Zs

Most of the EU HQs are in Switzerland, so quite a few of my class spent their summer in Lauzanne and Bazel.
    So… as you see the big ones are recruiting in Europe. Most of them offer leadership rotational programs. Those programs are usually new and might be at this stage less structured than those in the US, but this could also b a good thing (offers more flexibility)

I am not sure what d you mean by "problematic". The market is highly regulated which I think just akes things more interesting. I don't know about the differences in the EU model.

The HC club in school is very active (I am less involved in this particular one). In term of tools – there are quite a few cases that deal with HC in many of our classes, and many guest speakers. More practical tools – I am not sure. I tend to take the practical classesthat offer me skills and tools that I can apply in every job in the future.

I hope this answers your questions. Let me know if you need more information. I would also be more than happy to put you in touch with the HC club people to get more information.

Cheers,
    Dalit

id
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

Hi Dalit,

Is there an option to take a course in French (languages) during the MBA as an elective? If so, is it suitable for people with no background in the language?

Since it seems that many graduates choose to work in countries other than the UK, is it somehow encouraged to specialize/study languages?

Thanks,

I.D.

dalit
    חבר

Yes!!!

If the only language you speak is English than in order to graduate you MUST pass a level 2 exam in another language.

You can take french, arabic, chinese, spanish, etc.

As an Israeli you have Hebrew.

The only question you should ask yourself is are you really going to business school and paying all this money in order to learn another language? There are so many great electives, and the choice is hard anyways…

Just a thought.

Sk
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

הי דלית

אני מתעניינת ב- MBA ב- LBS – האם את ממליצה?

שמעתי שמועות שקשה מאד למצוא אח"כ עבודה. מה דעתך?

חוץ מזה, כמה ישראלים מתקבלים כל שנה והאם נראה לך שיש לי סיכוי להתקבל יחד עם בעלי?

וגם – את יודעת אם יש סיכוי למלגות? איזה סוג?

תודה על העזרה!

dalit
    חבר

1. ממליצה מאד!

2. 96% מהכיתה שסיימה ביולי מצאו עבודה עד אוקטובר, אז כך שלדעתי לא קשה למצא עבודה.

3. זה משתנה משנה לשנה. לפני שנתיים היו 9 ישראלים במחזור, מאז זה עומד על 3-4. מתקבלים הרבה יותר מזה. לא יודעת לגבי בני זוג.

4. יש מלגה דרך הקונסוליה הבריטית, ויש מלגות שמגישים אליהם בקשות אחרי שמתקבלים. סיכוי יש תמיד.

Limch
    חבר

היי דלית

בשבילי ובשביל מי שעוד מחכה ל-19 לדצמבר: ממתי בערך צריך להתחיל לרפרש? (סיפור העקבים שלך חרוט עמוק בזכרוני… אוף איזה לחץ…)

תודה :)

לימור.

smiley
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 51

To: Limch

בהצלחה…

Limch
    חבר

To: austinpowers_2

היי גיל

אשמח לשמוע גם מניסיונך – מתי מגיע האי-מייל?

לימור

Limch
    חבר

To: smiley

dalit
    חבר

עד כמה שאני זוכרת האימייל הגיע אלי בסביבות חצות, כשכבר משעות הערב המוקדמות הל"ד שלי התחיל לעלות מלקרא את הביזנס וויק…

בהצלחה!!!

austinpowers_2
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 57

22:00 on the night before the deadline – i.e. if the deadline was 19/12 the mail came on 18/12 at 22:00.

Good all of you. I am now fully recovered (from drinking not from the semester) and would be happy to help any London Business School applicants.

Limch
    חבר

To: dalit, austinpowers_2

כל מייל שמתחיל ב- We are absolutely delighted גורם אושר אבל זה הכי בעולם!!! התקבלתי :)))))

dalit
    חבר

ahhhhhh!!!!!!

mabruk!!!!!!!!

I knew it!!!!

Limch
    חבר

דלית יקירתי!

המון תודה על העזרה וההכוונה והיעוץ והסבלנות והכל!

אין לי מושג איך אני אלך לעבודה מחר בבוקר, כשחצי מהמוח שלי חושב על LBS והחצי השני חושב על זה שאני ביום חמישי נוסעת לבלות שבוע בפריז

dalit
    חבר

נו, ולא תעלי על רכבת ותבואי לבקר???

בכיף סיסטר!!

Limch
    חבר

נשבעת לך שחשבתי על זה, אבל זה פאקינג יקר (למרות ש"יקר" הפך למשהו מאוד אבסטרקטי לאחרונה) + אני לא יכולה לקחת כל כך הרבה חופש בבת אחת, ואני נוסעת לבקר חברה שעברה לצרפת לא מזמן אז הפעם זה יהיה רק לפריז, אבל סביר להניח שאני אגיע מתישהו בקרוב כשבת דודה של אמא שלי תהיה שם (היא גרה עם בעלה בלונדון, ועכשיו הם בביקור בארץ, אז אם כבר אני אבוא כשהם גם יהיו שם) אז נהיה בקשר!!!

ושוב – המון המון תודה!

Limch
    חבר

To: austinpowers_2

היי גיל, אתה הישראלי היחידי בכיתה של 2008?

dalit
    חבר

No. they are 3.

BTW, you are (at least) two girls who were accepted!

Eze_Nyc
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14

Hi Dalit and everyone else,

I hope all is well. I am applying to LBS by Jan 5 and I need all the help and advice I can get at this point. I'm Argentinean orginally, raised in Israel and spent the last two years in New York working for a financial services company.

My post-graduate experience is only the 2 years in NY, but I worked as a team leader through college and also co-founded a tech start-up. I have a 640 in my GMAT with a high undergrad avg. How do you estimate my chances of acceptance and what do you recommend stressing in the application?

Thanks for your help and happy hannuka!

Eze

dalit
    חבר

To: Eze_Nyc

Hi,

I am not an expert in assessing your chances. That's why Gilam is here in the next thread.

In genera stress international experience and exposure (diversity is huge in the school), leadership, team work and why you really want to come to LBS.

Hope it helps. Let me know if you have more specific questions. also suggest you read a little bit back in this thread and I promise you'll finad a lot of useful info.

Good luck,

D.

sergeysl
    חבר

דלית שלום,

אנ רוצה לשאול בנוגע לסוכויי הקבלה בסיבוב שלישי.

מכוון שב-LBS יש 4 סיבובי רישום, האם ניתן לראות את סיבוב השלישי כמקביל לסיבוב 2 בבתי ספר אחרים? האם סוכויי הקבלה בסיבוב שלישי נמוכים משמעותית (ואם יש בכלל) לעומת סיבוב שני?

מכוון שלא הגשתי בסיבוב שני, אני מטלבט האם יש טעם לנסות בסיבוב שלישי.

תודה,

סרגיי

dalit
    חבר

סיכויי הקבלה בסיבוב 3 הם כמו אלו בסיבוב 1 ו 2.
    העיקר לא להגיש ברביעי, בו הסיכויים נמוכים משמעותית.

בהצלחה

sergeysl
    חבר

תודה רבה על תשובה מהירה וחיובית :-)

סרגיי

pink
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

שלום דלית

אני רו"ח עם תואר שני במנע"ס מאונ' ת"א ומעוניין ללמוד את המסטר במימון ב LBS

MIF

אני בן 33 ואב לשני ילדים קטנים וחמודים מאוד

אודה לך אם תוכלי לייעץ לי היכן אוכל לפנות לקבלת מלגה למימון של הלימודים

בברכה

dalit
    חבר

האמת היא שאין לי מושג ירוק לגבי תכנית ה-MiF… סורי

הייתי פונה למשרד של התכנית (בטח ראית את האי מייל באתר).
    חוץ מזה יש את המלגה של הקונסוליה הבריטית אבל הדד ליין שלה עבר בחודש שעבר…

epony
    חבר

איזה חמור אני!!!

הייתי כל-כך שקוע בהגשה שלא חשבתי לרגע שיש מצב שהדדליין של שבנינג בכלל לא תלוי בלו"ז בסטנדרטי של ה-MBA!!

OK, בלי פאניקה -לא צריכה להיות לי בעיה להגיש מועמדות לשנה הבאה, נכון??

dalit
    חבר

הממ….

תראה, תשמע…

זו מלגה שגם ככה מאד קשה לקבל.
    בשנה שניה זה נהיה עוד יותר קשה, עד רמת הבלתי אפשרי.

gideonj
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

הי לימור,

שמי גדעון ואני מתחיל את הדרך הארוכה ל LBS. אני בעיצומם של לימודי ה GMAT ומתחיל לחשוב בכיוון של לונדון כי מעבר לתכנים, אירופה יותר קורצת לי מארה"ב. אני מבין שהתקבלת לאחרונה. אז קודם כל – כל הכבוד!

יש לי המון שאלות, אבל אולי כדאי להתחיל מהסוף – מהמחקר שעשית ומהידע שלך, עד כמה גדולים הסיכויים למצוא עבודה משתלמת בסוף התואר? האם יצירת קשרי העבודה והחיפוש של חברות גדולות בקמפוס מובנה כמו באוניברסיטאות הגדולות בארה"ב? האם יש ללונדון חסרון על פני ארה"ב בקטע הזה (מגוון עבודות / רמת שכר)?

תודה,

גדעון

dalit
    חבר

אם יורשה לי…

96% מהבוגרים של שנה שעברה מצאו עבודה תוך 3 חודשים מסיום התואר.
    חיפוש העבודה הוא מאד מובנה אם אתה מתעניין בבנקים או בחברות ייעוץ, והתהליך מתרכז בחודש וחצי אינטנסיביים (ינואר – פברואר בעת חיפוש עבודה לקראת הקיץ, אוקטובר – נובמבר לקראת full time).

אם אתה מתעניין במה שנקרא "התעשיה", כלומר לא ייעוץ ולא בנקים אז זה כבר תלוי בתחום הספציפי:
    פרמה – הרוב המוחלט של החברות הגדולות מגייס במהלך אותן תקופות שציינתי למעלה
    היי טק, אינטרנט – מפוזר יותר על פני השנה
    וכך הלאה.

לגבי מגוון העבודות ורמת השכר, והאמת היא שכמו שציינתי גם לגבי התהליך עצמו – תלוי באיזה תחום אתה מתעניין. יעזור אם תפרט קצת…

דיסקליימר אחד חשוב: תמונת המצב כיום היא מצויינת, ואני משוכנעת שזה גם מה שאמרו לעצמם אלו שהתחילו את תהליך ההרשמה בשנת 1999 – 2000… אף אחד לא יודע מה יהיה מצב השוק כשתסיים בעוד 3 שנים (לפחות).

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 426 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.