מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 241 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • odedgri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 17

To: the_s_man, Yasmin

Hi Yasmin and S…

My name is Oded

I have Just finished my M.Sc in biotechnology from Tel-aviv

I'm about to apply to stanford.

I'd like to hear everything you have to tell me about the school, SF, and the MBA as a whole.

just tell me the most comfortable time and way to reach you.

Thanks

Oded

[email protected]

Yasmin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 63

To: odedgri

Oded –

I cant do the "homework" for you….. your questions are too general

I recommend reading everything on Stanford's web site, reading old messages in this forum, signing up for the admissions newsletter, reading online about SF, attending the MBA forum on Dec 28th etc.

Once you have more specific questions, or if you could not find the answer to your questions elsewhere, I would be happy to help.

Good luck

Yasmin

Eze_Nyc
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14

To: All

Hi Yasmin and everyone,

I graduated from undergrad in Israel on 2004 and have been working for a financial services company in New York since then. I'm applying to Stanford next month and I'd love to get your insights on the application process. Thank you for all the valuable information you have posted so far.

If possible, I'd love to connect with you directly via email.

Thanks,

Eze

odedgri
    חבר

To: Yasmin

Hi Yasmin

Thanks for replying.

I'm sorry, I was probably misunderstood.

I have done my homework, attended the info session, and surfed the website.

I do have some personal questions, and I do like to hear about your personal experience.

Thanks

Oded

zefko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 44

To: Eze_Nyc

Hi,

Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].

Nir

Yasmin
    חבר

Hi – my email now that i graduated is [email protected]

BUT i think that if some of your questions may be helpful to others, you should ask the questions on the forum.

Yasmin

linatgo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

To: zefko

Hey Zefko,

Were you able to find more information regarding the P4D fellowship?

Are Israeli applicants eligible for this fellowship?

Thank you,

Linat

zefko
    חבר

To: linatgo

Hi Linat,

I am sorry, but I was not able to find any more information. Please try and contact the admission office, they are very responsive.

Good Luck,

Nir

linatgo
    חבר

To: zefko

Hey Nir,

According to the admission office this fellowship is also available for Israeli applicants.

Have you heard about Israeli who tried to apply for this fellowship?

Yasmin, what about you, have you heard?

Thank you and have a great week.

Linat

smiley
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 51

Hey Linat,

I also checked it out before applying.

It seems like all international students can apply, however they specifically mention it is mainly for US minorities.

If you have the energy and time, I think you should go for it – you have got nothing to lose…

avishaish
    חבר

Linat,

Although I can't be 100% sure, I don't think any of the Israelis in my class (1st years) applied for the P4D fellowship.

At least I haven't heard about it.

Good Luck!

Avishai

crocop
    חבר

To: avishaish

שלום חברים !

אני אנסה כנראה להגיש מועמדות לסיבוב השלישי בסטנפורד (מקסימום לא יילך, ננסה בשנה הבאה)

יש לכם המלצות לגבי ה assyas?

קצת מדאיג אותי יוקר המחייה בקליפורניה, אם יקרה 'נס' ואכן אצליח להיכנס בסיבוב השלישי, לא תהיה לי בעיה של דיור שם?

בכלל, איך באופן כללי נראה הנטל הכלכלי של החיים שם?

קליפורניה מדינה מאוד יקרה (רק חזרתי משם השבוע)

תודה

shaysp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 86

To: crocop

המלצה כללית לגבי החיבורים (ולא משנה לאיזה בית ספר), לבדוק שגיאות כתיב.

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

To: shaysp

קצת מרושע, אבל בהחלט נכון!

אני יכול להוסיף שאחרי שני אפליקיישנים התחלתי לעשות הגהה גם להודעות פורום

crocop
    חבר

To: epony

בכל זאת, אשמח אם מישהו יענה על השאלה המקורית

גם לגבי ה Essays עם E

:-)

epony
    חבר

בכל הנוגע לחיבורים, יש ניתוח מציתי אך מדוייק של כל הנושאים בלינק הבא: http://blog.clearadmit.com/2006/07/stanford-essay-topic-analysis-2006/.

באשר ליוקר המחיה בקליפורניה, ראה הערכות באתר של סטנפורד: http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/mba/financialaid/budget.html.

בהצלחה!

avishaish
    חבר

crocop,

In order to get a decent answer you will have to refine your question. What do you mean by recommendations for the essays?

On the topic of cost of living in CA – it is definitely expensive but so are Boston & NYC. Depending on your status when you come (single, couple, children) the school offers on campus housing at set prices (though not cheap). Additionally, every student has the option of receiving a partial need based fellowship that helps in the overall expense.

I hope this helps a little.

Avishai

crocop
    חבר

To: avishaish

לגבי ה essya אני מניח שמה שאני באמת רוצה לדעת זה

פחות או יותר איזה פרופיל של אנשים מחפשים בסטנפורד, לדוגמא, די ברור לי שאני יותר טיפוס של סטנפורד מאשר של הארורד…

אני פחות טיפוס של "חליפות" ויותר "ג'ינס עם טישרט" אם אתה מבין למה אני מתכוון …

יכול להיות כמובן שהכל סטיגמות, אבל אני די משוכנע שלכל ב"ס יש אנשים עם אופי שונה באופן כללי

Yasmin
    חבר

Crocop,

The essays should reflect who you are and give more depth and color to what the admission office reads in your resume. Trying to depict a profile you think the school is looking for – would be wrong, especially if it is not who you are.

To the point, I don't think there is a specific type of people the school is aiming for. One of the admissions criteria is diversity – so you can imagine most of the admitted students are different from each other.

One thing that is common to people I have met in Stanford, is that they are all exceptional in so many ways. They are also really fun to be around..

My 2 recommendations for the essays are 1) make sure you take enough time to write them. You have no idea how long it takes. The writing itself is not the long part, but it took me more time than i thought it would to come up with an answer i was happy with. Also, don't start writing immediately . Take time to reflect and process your ideas.
    2) Make your essays as honest as can be. Show who you are. Let your personality shine though the pages

Good luck
    Yasmin

epony
    חבר

Stanford is well-known as the "touchy-feely" b-school.
    However, to be on the safe side, I suggest you talk to past and present students, and search the web for as much info about Stanford as possible.

To start you off, here are some links:
    * Stanford essay topic analysis: http://blog.clearadmit.com/2006/07/stanford-essay-topic-analysis-2006.
    * More essay advice: http://blog.accepted.com/acceptedcom_blog/2006/7/21/stanford-2007-essay-questions-and-deadlines.html.
    * The expected expenses for a first year Stanford MBA student: http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/mba/financialaid/budget.html.
    * Admission consultant blog posts regarding Stanford: http://blog.clearadmit.com/category/school-stanford/.
    * Stanford's online student paper: http://www.virtualreporter.org/
    * There are a lot of Stanford student blogs – here's a list of some of them:
    http://joost-stanford.blogspot.com/
    http://marquisweblog.blogspot.com/
    http://calimba.blogspot.com/
    http://www.stanfordpride.blogspot.com/
    http://gsb2007.blogspot.com/
    http://farmadmit.blogspot.com/
    http://mytalkshow.blogspot.com/
    http://mbwana.blogspot.com/
    http://tiygoddard.blogspot.com/

Good luck!!

Limch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 323

פששששש…. אני רואה שאתה ממש לא מוצא מה לעשות בזמן ההמתנה לראיונות ;)

epony
    חבר

To: Limch

מה, שמים לב?!

טוב, אני לא לוקח ללב כי ברור שאת סתם מקנאת שהגעתי לכל הלינקים המגניבים האלה לפנייך.

מה שכן, הייתי מעדיף שכל הדרעק הזה כבר יהיה מאחורי – ולחשוב שזאת ההמתנה הפחות קריטית…

crocop
    חבר

To: epony, Yasmin

Yasmin & epony,

Thanks for the detailed response, if there are people like you in stanford maybe i should apply ;-)

epony
    חבר

I'm sorry if I mislead you in any way, but I'm not in Stanford.

Actually, I don't even plan on submitting an application to that school

UPA
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 42

מישהו מכיר ישראלים שהתקבלו לסטנפורד בסיבוב הראשון? (אני לא :( )

epony
    חבר

To: UPA, All

אני מצאתי אחד, והוא (היא?) אפילו רשום לפורום הזה: Hadar Granit

Hadar Granit
    חבר

היא

epony
    חבר

To: Hadar Granit

הדר,

ברוכה הבאה וכל הכבוד על שרשרת ההצלחות שלך!

החלטת כבר איפה תלמדי?

jgalore
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 15

To: Hadar Granit

מזל טוב הדר,

אני מניח שאת מתלבטת… אם יש לך עדיין שאלות לגבי סטנפורד, את מוזמנת ליצור קשר.

יונתן (Stanford GSB 2006)

רקפת
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

To: zalexis

Hi Alex,

Did anyone reply to your question about Berkley?

I am looking for current students in Haas.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Rakefet

zalexis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

To: רקפת

Hi, Rakefet.

Yes, I can.

Please, write to my e-mail: [email protected]

Alex

rol2000
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

Hi Hadar,

Could I please get yor Email to ask you a few questions?

Thanks,

Ron

itaigm
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Hello to all Stanford current students,

I am planning to visit Stanford between 10-134 with my spouse.

I will be happy if one of you show us around and let us take part in a few classes.

My e-mail is: [email protected]

Thanks a lot,

Itai

StudentStern
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

To: jgalore

הי יונתן,

אני לומד לתואר שני בSTERN ומתעתד להתמחות באחת מחברות ההי טק בקליפורניה.

אשמח אם אוכל לדבר איתך לגבי תנאי מחייה ועלות דיור באזור ולקבל המלצות לגבי המעבר הצפוי.

תודה,

אמיר

Yasmin
    חבר

Itai hi –
    I am not a current student, but i recommend signing up for one or more of many activities offered by admnissions on the web site. Youc an register for a class visit or a lunch with current students. Youc an also find there information about MBA info session which is held in the GSB and a GSB tour as well as Stanford tour.

i recommend signing up in advance as space is limited. Your spouce could sign up for a class visit as well. In addition you should also try to connect with current Israeli students. (i will make sure they see this mesage)

Good luck
    Yasmin (GSB 2006)

Gal Sivan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

Hi all,

I am looking for people who belong to media and entertainment clubs in the top schools, because I am trying to differentiate the schools. Please contact me if you take part in any such club, and share your pride of the school and the program with me.

Thanks a lot,

Gal.

Yasmin
    חבר

hi Gal – I am an alumna and was on the mailing list of the media and entertainemnt club of my class (which is not what you are looking for) – a good friend of mine was the media and entertainment club's co-president while in Stanford and i am happy to put you in touch with him or send him some of your specific questions.

From what i remember/know the club organized a career trek to LA and a yearly conference in which many students, alumni and local businessmen participated.

I was the co-president of the Travel & Hospitality club and we co-sponsored a guest speaker with the media & Entertainment club.

Happy to give more info or connect you with the right people.
    Yasmin GSB 2006

SleepingIn
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 22

שלום לכולם,
    רציתי לשאול את בוגרי ותלמידי סטנפורד לגבי היריבות המפורסמת מול ברקלי. שמעתי על כך מבוגרת BA של ברקלי, שסיפרה שמדובר במשהו נוסח מכבי-הפועל. עד כמה זה רציני ?
    אני שואל מכיוון ששני בתי הספר נמצאים בעדיפות העליונה שלי. האם אתם חושבים שזה ישפיע לרעה על המועמדות שלי (במידה ואחד מבתי הספר יגלה שהגשתי מועמדת לשני) ?
    אני מודע לניחוח הפרנואידי שעולה מהשאלה :-)

zefko
    חבר

To: Amit Goldstein

Hello Amit,

The only rivalry between the universities is the big game (The big football game between Stanford and Barkley). I do not know of any special rivalry between the two business schools. Both are very good schools in the same geographic area.

The admission office is well aware that people apply for more than one school and I do not believe applying to Barkley will harm your chances in any way.

Nir

Yasmin
    חבר

I m happy to second Zepko's post. The only rivalry is sports related. Both schools are great.

Yasmin

Yasmin
    חבר

For all of those who are applying to Stanford, or actually to any school, I would like to offer an advice which is based on feedback I received from our admissions office:

If school X is not your number one choice – DONT say in your application it is. If you said it is and you plan to eventually go somewhere else because circumstances change – make sure school X knows about the change in circumstances.

It seems trivial, it seems that this should be part of the "dont lie in your application" rule, right? Unfortunatly sometimes candidates tend to write that school X is their number one choice even when it is no, with hope that this will increase their admissions chances.

Please be aware that everything you do reflects also on Israelis as a group and if more than one Israeli says school X is their number one choice and this information turns out to be false, admissions might start having doubts about the integrity of Israelis as a group.

We are working hard here to create good brand for Israeli applicants and to increase the number of Israelis who are admitted every year and it is a bit frustrating to face concerns about the integrity of Israeli applicants just becasue a few wrote that a school is their first choice when it was not true.

Think of the next generations!!
    Good luck
    Yasmin

smiley
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 51

Made it to Stanford

What a happy passover !!

linatgo
    חבר

Hey Yasmin,

I got accepted to Stanford!!! I am so excited!!!

I would like to ask you few questions off line.

Can you please send me an email to [email protected]?

Thank you very much in advance,

Linat

saarz
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hi Yasmin

My name is Saar and I'm currently working on the application for fall 2008.

I get the impression that you have a very balanced approach to the whole MBA issue and find your comments very encouraging and inspiring.

The only thing that bothers me is the family issue (in terms of the general life style and atmosphere) and its implications of on the cost of living. Can you please elaborate ?

Living on campus VS outside, general atmosphere, and finally the costs – once I put the figures from the website together (assuming additional expenses for the child's education/care)- the bottom line seems worrying…what are the possible solutions?

Thank you

Hag Sameah

Saar

avishaish
    חבר

To: saarz

Hi Saar,

I am a first year student with a wife & son. I would be happy to help answer your questions.

Contact me if you want: [email protected]

Avishai

Yasmin
    חבר

Saar –

I can speak about work life balance and family in business school for hours… let me try and summarize here for the benefit of everyone.
    Feel free to email me with more questions.

i found the atmosphere to be very family friendly. My husband and kids were very much part of my expereince. There is a strong feeling of community and your family is welcome as well.
    Living on campus has its advantages: your family meets other families in similar situation, its closer, cheaper and very convinient. But even if you choose to live off campus, your family will be welcome.
    There is a club called Biz partners which is run by SO (significant Others) and had mostly activities for the SOs, SOs are present in all social events and are welcome to some lectures as well.

There is also a singles crowd for those who are interested.

In terms of balance – you will always not have enough time as you would like to to spend with your family and at the same time – you would never have as much time as you would like to work/study…. you have to final your spot of comfort and school is not that different than work. I sometimes found it even easier to balance becasue i could do the school work from home with the presence of my family….

I am sure Avishai already adressed the financial questions….California is not the cheapest place to live in….

Hope this is helpful and thanks for your kind words.
    Yasmin

OYOY
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 29

To all Stanford-ers
    I know it's a longshot, but I will be in SF area in a week's time and was wondering if there is any point of visiting the school. Are there any classes one can view, or any campus visits organized by the school during this time?

Thanks in advance,

Oren

yair cass
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

Hi Yasmin

I'm planning to apply to the class of 2010 and I have some questions regarding the stanford program ,would it be o.k if I'll contact you by e-mail?

Thank you

Yair

Yasmin
    חבר

Yair – you are welcome to contact me by email ([email protected]) – if your questions are relevant also to other people who want to apply – you should post on the forum, so that others can benefit as well.

Looking forward to hearing from you
    Yasmin

Yasmin
    חבר

Oren – the MBA school year is already done and now they have all sorts of executive summer sessions. I believe they dont offer any tours now, but you should check in the school's website. You can obvioulsy go and walk around and even drop by the admissions office, take a brochure and ask questions. I am not sure you will really get much out of this now…. when i came to visit i enjoyed interacting with current students and sitting in a class .

If you get a chance, i highly recommend coming during the school year. The admissions office offers many opportuniites to know the school better – tours, lunch with current students, admissions info sessions and auditing classes. All of this is done during the school year and you should register for it online.

Hope you can make it on another occasion
    Good luck
    Yasmin

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 241 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.