Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה Duke Vs Berkeley-to where should I go?

מוצגות 7 תגובות – 1 עד 7 (מתוך 7 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • ranhaimoff
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8
    Hi.
    I was recently accepted to Fuqua, Duke's MBA program and to Haas, Berkeley's MBA Program.
    I currently work as an associate at a big Israeli strategic consulting company. I hope to be a sustainability consultant or advance to a sustainability management in a corporation. I hope to find a consulting position at a big management consulting firm, hopefully with sustainability related projects (Mck, BCG, Bain…) of into al eading sustainability consulting firm (Blu Skye, Green Order ect.)
    Each school has great attributes- Berkeley is a hub for environmental activity and has a pprominent CSR center, on the other hand, Fuqua offers a joint degree with the Nichols school for the environment and offers a specific track on sustainability.
    I will be arriving with my wife as well. So it is important to me that she will have a good experience as well.
    So, can you help me decide?
    Thanks for your input
    omerabin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 47

To: All

Hi there,

First of all – Congrats for getting accepted. From what I know, these are both very good programs which can promote you significantly towards your career goals.

I have to start by saying that I am not a student in neither of the programs, and my reply is based only on my impression from reading about both programs and being in their evening sessions here or there in the US.

I don't know what's your wife occupation, but my personal feeling was that Fuqua's ettitude towards partners and families is far better: The "Fuqua club" attitude, the partners club and also the fact that the average age in their program is higher – All make this school much more "family friendly", I believe. On the other hand, California is very interesting and has much more working options to go for – So it really depends whether your wife is more into experiencing your MBA with you or more into getting her own full time job…

Academically, as you well mentioned I think both school can safely get you to where you want to be as they have the right connections with the right recruiters – All in all, I got a better feeling about Fuqua for Israeli candidates, especially those with wife and/or kids – But I'm sure current students can contribute more to you

Hope that helps somehow

Good luck in the program of your choice

gileyal
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 279

To: ranhaimoff

Personally, I would look at where the graduates are going. Pick up the employment reports and check which school sends more people to the places you want to get to. Both a great schools but one is probably stronger in the particular field you are looking at.

Gil

whisky
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 30

הי רן,

אם עדיין לא שוחחת עם סטודנטים בביה"ס – אשמח לקשר אותך.

אם תרצה קשר עם סטודנטים ב Joint Degree אשמח לקשר אותך עימם גם.

אייל.

[email protected]

ranhaimoff
    חבר

To: omerabin

Omer
    Thanks for your advise. the spuse aspect is indeed a major one.
    I will have to contemplate a bit more.
    Indeed, good troubles
    Ran
    ranhaimoff
    חבר

To: All

THanks for the advice Gil.
    I'll do that
    Ran
    JR13
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 52

רן,
    היבט נוסף של בת הזוג שיש לקחת בהחשבון, הוא נושא התעסוקה. איני יודע במה עוסקת אישתך, אבל תבדוק באיזה איזור (דורהם או SF/ סיליקון ואלי) יש אפשרות תעסוקה מגוונות יותר…
מוצגות 7 תגובות – 1 עד 7 (מתוך 7 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.