Home פורומים Admissions Chat aringo Chat Cornell MBA Chat

מוצגות 15 תגובות – 51 עד 65 (מתוך 65 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • naftali
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

In reply to Amit from September 02 2003

Amit,

Can I take courses in other fields than the one I chose for the Immersion ?

Naftali

Yinnon-Cornell
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

For those of you who are interested in the immersions learning,

The immersions are definitly one of the Johnson's school most significant advantages.

While other 1st year students are in the middle of core classes, Johnson school's student are experiencing a semster in "real world" practices taught by the best professors as well as lecturers coming from the industries. The immersion learning will allow you to participate in practicums and visit brand management, and utilize your summer internship.

The brand managment immersion (Which I intend to take) is all about marketing. It provides the ability to learn about brand marketing for a large variety of industries: consumer goods, high-tech and many more.

From people who already experienced this immersion, I've learned that it gave them a substantial advantage in preparing for their summer internships.

Yinnon

Amit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

I took the Entrepreneurship and Private Equity immersion. Taking under account my background in the Entrepreneurship industry it mainly allowed me to understand the perspective of the people across the table using real life interaction. It also allowed me to get broader perspective of the business world which is very important in Consulting.

More specifically, I know that this wider perspective helped me get an interview with BCG and to succeed in the recruiting process. I actually had a Private Equity case in my first round of interviews with BCG which I mastered. The ones that will get into the Johnson School will get this case during the Analytical Thinking Thread.

At the long run it will help me to get a position in a VC (which I don’t desire now). During my current visit to Israel I had several meetings with Israel’s leading VCs and I know that I was able to impress them and talk with them at the same level. This is all thanks to the EPE immersion.

Amit
    חבר

In reply to naftali from September 02 2003

You are encouraged to do so!

Natalie
    חבר

In reply to Gil Horsky from September 02 2003

Gil,

We look for candidates who will succeed in our program academically, analyze situations, create or seize opportunities, rally a team around that goal or vision, add value to the organization by getting results. Successful candidates are bright, focused, driven, engaging, energetic, positive, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.

Natalie

naftali
    חבר

Amit,

So I understand that the immersion is not part of the electives , right ?

Yinnon-Cornell
    חבר

In the Johnson school there is a great emphasis about the benefits from utilizing your business by collaborating and developing close relationship with other people.

From a personal prospective, it is fascinating to make close friends with people from the US, Europe Asia and so on.

The atmosphere in class is very supportive, relaxed and professional. There is a true synergy between faculty and students.

Students actually help each other in assignments, interview praparations, job search and so on.

A good example for the Johnson spirit is a weekend which takes place every year just before the academic year begins in which 2nd year students hold a camping weekend to welcom 1st year students.

Yinnon

Ann – Cornell
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14

Naftali,

You may take electives from any disciplines offered at the Johnson School. One of the advantages of the Johnson School is that you can take electives offered any any of the Colleges at Cornell University. Up to 25% of your coursework may be taken outside the Johnson School at another program at the University

Gilam – aringo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

Guys, no more questions, we have to wrap this up. Natalie, Ann, Amit, Yinnon – any last answers?

Fawkes
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

Thank you Natalie and Ann very much – have a great day!

Amit
    חבר

You choose what immersion to take so from this aspect it is an elective. BTW – you can also choose to tailor your immersion which practically means that you have more electives.

Gilam – aringo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

Natalie, Anne, Amit and Yinnon, on behalf of all participants, of the IIMBA and of aringo, I want to thank you for being here with us today and for taking the time to so diligently answer the questions. We certainly now understand a bit more about what makes Johnson the great business school that it is.

We look forward to seeing you here again in the future. Thanks again.

naftali
    חבר

Thank you Natalie, Anne, Amit and Yinnon

Naftali

Natalie
    חבר

Thank you all for chatting with us today. We invite you to email us with any additional questions you may have ( [email protected]). We hope to meet you in the future.

Gilam, thank you for hosting this chat.

Great questions everyone!

Best,

Natalie

Ann – Cornell
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14

Thanks everyone, you all had great questions. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Ann

מוצגות 15 תגובות – 51 עד 65 (מתוך 65 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.