מוצגות 50 תגובות – 151 עד 200 (מתוך 241 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • Yasmin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 63

To: All

Dear Tomer –
    Yes, Stanford intends to have an information session in Tel Aviv this coming October. Date and location will be announced later. Derrick Bolton who is our dean of admissions is planning a visit to Tel Aviv for this purpose. In addition, we will be included in a full bright conference this August. I dont have date and location for that conference but I emailed our admissions office asking for them and i will update this post once i get an answer.

Good luck
    Yasmin

orrach
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

To: Yasmin

Dear Yasmin
    My name is Orr Rachlevsky. I consider applying to Stanford next year and woule like to ask you a few questions:
    Stanford's moto is "change lives change organizations change the world". While motos can be misleading, would you say that this is the spirit of the program? How is it expressed in practice?
    Do you know anyone who is doing a dual degree in Public Management Program or Enviorenmental Studies?
    I read somewhere that students in Stanford can volunteer as directors in NGO in California. However, it does not appear on the program's guide. Do you know anything about it?
    When I told my personal circumstances to a colleague (my mother died from a violent form of cancer) he said that in Stanford they like "difficult" background (or MISKENIM). Is it founded?
    Is there Stanford Alumni Israeli Organization?
    Beside the atmosphere, the personal relationship with staff, Why Stanford?
    What are the school's biggest drawbacks?
    I think this is more than enough. Thank you in advance
    orrach
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

ברכות למי שמגיע ברכות על המינוי היוקרתי והמעניין.

רק שווה לומר לעיתונים שאין תואר שני במנהל עסקים בפרינסטון

Yasmin
    חבר

The funny thing is that the picture they took is from the Stanford web site…. oh well….

I just saw the other question. Will get back to you in a few days.

Yasmin
    חבר

Hi – as promised: The fullbright conference in which Stanford will be represented will be held on August 30th and 31st in the Sheraton hotel in Tel Aviv.

Yasmin

amitk
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

To: smiley

היי סמיילי,

אני בא מרקע מאוד דומה לשלך (ביואינפורמטירה, מהנדס תוכנה כיום…)

הייתי מאוד שמח לשאול אותך כמה שאלות בקשר לאפליקיישן שלך לסטנפורד.

תודה,

עמית.

smiley
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 51

בכיף.

תרגיש חופשי ליצור קשר ב- [email protected]

ReutM
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Hi Yasmin,

My name is Reut and I am applying for the 2008 MBA program. Stanford is truly my number one choice and I'm actually going to be in the area next week on business. I would really like to see the campus even though it is before the semester begins. Is there any person that you could put me in contact with to meet there?

I think it is worth talking to alumni or current MBA students and this would be a good opportunity to do so.

Any tips you can give (what to ask, where to go, who to meet) will be extremely helpful.

Thank you very much in advance,

Reut

zefko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 44

To: ReutM

Hello Reut,

you can e-mail me at [email protected] and I will get you in touch with current students.

Good luck,

Zefko

sharon.duchin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

Hi Yasmin,

My name is Sharon Duchin, I am 27 years old & pregnant (important info?!), currently at the beginning of the MBA application process, and eager to be admitted to GSB.

I surfed the GSB site quite thoroughly, and must say I was a bit intimidated by the admissions criteria; It seems that all business schools write that they are looking for outstanding applicants, but in Stanford it is not just a phrase.

Now- to the point- How can I know whether I fit in those standards? I'm refering especially to those that cannot be quantified.

I know the question sounds trivial, but I'm asking this since I pick the schools to which I apply very carefully and invest lots of time and energy in each application in order to maximize my acceptance chances.

I looked up some student profiles but there didn't find anyone from a similar background to mine (online advertising).

I'd really appriciate your answer.

Thanks from advance,

Sharon.

Yoto
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

Hi,

I plan to visit the west coast and stanford of course around the second week of september (10th-14th). Can I contact any of you current students regarding that?

Thanks in advance

Yotam

avishaish
    חבר

To: yotam.oren

Hey Yotam,

Unfortunately, there will not be much happening on campus during those dates. The second years start on either the 17th or 24th and most of us are traveling before hand. There is a chance that the first year's first week will start on the 10th (although I am not sure of this either).

Shoot me an e-mail if you want me to send an e-mail around to the students to see if anyone will be in the area.

If you want to talk, I will be in Israel from next week and you are welcome to contact me: [email protected] . I will also be making a special guest appearance on Friday morning and the MBA Fair on the 31st :-).

Have a great trip!

Avishai

tomerco
    חבר

To: erezbe

Hi Erez,

I am just starting my first year soon so I can't share many insights just yet.

As to logistics, if you could postpone your trip to Stanford a bit, it could be better I think since school starts around those days which makes it a crazy time to visit.

About SFO to Stanford, you can take the Caltrain which costs $5(it has a stop in King and 4th st). From there it is about ~1 hour to Stanford (drop off in Palo alto).

If there something else you need to know, let me know.

Tomer

tomerco
    חבר

Hi Everyone,

I am starting Stanford GSB MBA program very soon and I would be happy to assist in any questions concerning GSB.

Good Luck,

Tomer

nerorord
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

To: njosephy

Hi Guys,

My name is Dror Oren, and I'm a student in the class of 2010.

I'll be happy to answer any question you might have regarding Stanford and the Graduate School of Business (GSB). You can either post the questions here, or send me an email at: [email protected]

If you are planning to come to the area – Let us know and we'll be happy to shw you around.

Dror

shani_s
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

אני אשמח אם מישהו מהסטודנטים הלומדים בסנטפורד יוכל לפרט קצת מה מחפשים סטנפורד במועמדים ועל מה שמים דגש במיוחד.

תודה ושנה טובה.

tomerco
    חבר

To: shani_s

From a 1st year student perspective, it is very hard to identify exactly what Stanford s looking for. We have a very diversified class. However, besides the "regular stuff", I think that the school puts great emphasis on personality; to see what kind of person are you. Integrity and honesty are very important, so make sure your personality is showing in your essays.

If you have a more specific question, feel free to ask,

Tomer

nerorord
    חבר

To: shani_s

Hi,

I agree with Tomer – They are mainly looking for the story behind the person. And the more the story is interesting, the more it will attract them to read deeper into your application. I also heard that the letters of recommendation are extremely important here. Let us know if you need anything additional.

Dror.

shaharw
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

To: nerorord, tomerco

Hi Dror, Tomer (and all other Stanford Students/alumni)

I'm applying for Stanford in R1.

I see several interesting elective seminars in the curriculum reffered to as "A Bass seminar".

Could you please ellaborate a bit about the these Bass seminars?

I'd like to understand – in what sepcifically are they different than any other seminar?

Thanks,

Shahar

n_noff
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

הי תומר דרור וכל שאר הסטודנטים ובוגרי סטנפורד שקוראים את ההודעות.

שמי נועה ואני מתכוונת להגיש את מועמדותי לסטנפורד בסבב הראשון. עשיתי מחקר די רציני: הייתי בכנס MBA, קראתי את רוב המידע באתר ואת רוב ההודעות בפורום הזה. יש לי תחושה שסטנפורד ממש מתאימה לי אבל אני מרגישה שעדיין חסר לי מידע. נראה לי שבעיקר בגלל שלא הייתה לי הזדמנות להיפגש עם סטודנטים ובוגרים, אז אני שמחה שיש לי את ההזדמנות לעשות זאת כאן.

אז שאלותי הן כדלכמן:

1) קראתי פה בפורום שסטנפורד מאוד מתאפיינת באווירה שיתופית וקולברטיבית. אבל לא הצלחתי למצא דוגמאות מעשיות לכך מלבד ה Critical Analytical Thinking (CAT) seminar וה- Synthesis Seminar. האם תוכלו לספר לי על חוויות שחוויתם שמדגימות את זה? פרוייקטים משותפים, למידה משותפת וכדומה?

2) האתר מאוד מדגיש את החשיבות של מנהיגות ובניית מנהיגות אצל הסטודנטים דרך למידה פורמלית על מנהיגים אחרים, דיונים בכיתה ונסיון מעשי ע"י יזימת אירועים ופעילויות. אתם יכולים להרחיב קצת על הדברים הללו? אני פשוט מרגישה שאלו סיסמאות שלא מפרטות את התכלס. האם אתם באמת מרגישים שסטנפורד עזרה/עוזרת לכם לשפר את יכולות המנהיגות שלכם?

3) אני מאוד מתעניינת בתחום של ייעוץ ומאחר ואין לי נסיון בתחום מאוד חשוב לי לרכוש נסיון במהלך הלימודים. חיפשתי באתר הזדמנויות להתעמק בתחום הזה ומה שמצאתי זה את מועדון הייעוץ, ה – Future Alumni Consulting Team, ה- Service Learning Summer Program וה – Start Up club. על כל אחד מאלה כתובה איזו שורה או שתיים אז אם למישהו מכם יש איזשהו מידע לגבי אחת או יותר מהאפשרויות הללו, או שאולי אפילו השתתפתם בחלקן, אני מאוד אשמח לשמוע.

4) ואחרון חביב, בעמודים הראשונים של הפורום כתוב שיש בסטנפורד מדיניות של לא לחשוף ציונים. האם היא עדיין קיימת?

אני לא שואלת לגבי אווירה ואיכות האנשים כי מכל ההודעות הקודמות בפורום הבנתי שזה בי"ס מדהים עם אנשים מדהימים. את ההתלהבות כבר יש לי, עכשיו חסר לי רק המידע היבש, שמה לעשות, חייבים גם אותו :-). אז אני מקווה שלא "חפרתי" לכם יותר מדי. אני ממש אודה לכל תגובה, אפילו אם היא חלקית.

המון תודה מראש על כל העזרה,

נועה.

tomerco
    חבר

To: n_noff

הי נועה,
    כדי להרגיע את ההרגשה שלך, גם כשתתחילי ללמוד, תמיד תהיה לך הרגשה שחסר לך מידע. זה חלק מהתהליך :-)
    1. אני סטודנט שנה א כך שהחוויות שלי די מצומצמות ל4 שבועות. אני יכול לומר לך שיש אווירה מאוד טובה של שיתוף פעולה אישי בין הסטודנטים עצמם ומול הפקולטה. מיד בתחילת הלימודים, את מצטרפת לקבוצת לימוד של 4 סטודנטים שלומדים ועושים עבודות יחד. חוץ מזה, יש כאן באופן קבוע עזרה הדדית בין סטודנטים ששמחים לעזור למי שמתקשה או סתם למי שמעוניין לעבור על חומר ביחד.
    2. אני כרגע לוקח קורס של "מעבדות מנהיגות". בקורס הזה מתחלקים לקבוצות ומתרגלים תרחישים באופן אקטיבי, מעין משחק תפקידים. אני חושב שיש ערך נלווה לקורס הזה, גם לישראלים "הקשוחים" שמגיעים עם המנהיגות המובנית שלהם. בעיקר לומדים להנהיג בסביבה מגוונת עם אנשים מאוד מוכשרים. יש עוד חומר בנושא באתר הזה: face=Calibri http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/cldr/teaching/leadershiplabs.html
    3. כרגע אין לי מידע בנושא. אשמח לעדכן ברגע שאדע יותר.
    4. המדיניות קיימת ומהווה חלק עיקרי מתרבות הב"ס. הרעיון המרכזי הוא ל"בטל" את התחרותיות בין הסטודנטים ולאפשר לאנשים לאתגר את עצמם בלבחור קורסים שיהיו להם יותר מעניינים ללא התחשבות בציונים.
    אני מקווה שהתשובות שלי עזרו,
    תרגישי חופשי לשאול עוד,
    המון בהצלחה בתהליך,
    חג שמח,
    תומר
    n_noff
    חבר

תודה תומר,
    התשובות שלך בהחלט עזרו. אני בטוחה שיהיו עוד שאלות בהמשך וזה ממש מעודד שיש פה תמיד את מי לשאול :-)

חג שמח
    נועה

noanoff
    חבר

To: nerorord

הי דרור,

מאחר ואתה כבר סיימת שנה בבי"ס אני מאוד אשמח אם גם אתה תוכל להציץ על השאלות ששאלתי בהודעה הקודמת שלי ולנסות לשפוך קצת אור על הנושאים הרלוונטים.

תודה על כל העזרה

נועה

tomerco
    חבר

Hi Shahar,
    I can't say I know much about this course, but here is what I found for you. It is kind of hands-on joint courses between the GSB and Engineering.

OIT 333. Entrepreneurial Design for Extreme Affordability

This course is a Bass Seminar. Project course jointly offered by School of Engineering and Graduate School of Business. Students apply engineering and business skills to design product prototypes, distribution systems, and business plans for entrepreneurial ventures in developing countries for challenges faced by the world's poor. Topics include user empathy, appropriate technology design, rapid prototype engineering and testing, social technology entrepreneurship, business modeling, and project management.

OIT 571. Homeland Security: Operations, Strategy and Implementation

This is a Bass Seminar. This course covers a variety of topics in homeland security: bioterrorism (attacks with contagious agents such as smallpox or non-contagious agents such as anthrax, and attacks on the food supply), pandemic influenza, nuclear security at ports and around cities, the biometric aspects of the US-VISIT Program, the intersection of homeland security and immigration, and suicide bombings. For each of these topics, students will typically read one academic paper that focuses on the operations aspects of the problem, and one reading about the strategic aspects of the problem. For each topic, the professor will spend part of the class lecturing on the problem (including how the results of the academic paper were implemented), and a student will be assigned as a discussant (in addition to a classwide discussion).

If I'll come across some more info, I'll update.
    Hope this helped

tomerco
    חבר

הי עומר,

נשמח לפגוש אותך כאן. באיזור וגם באוניברסיטה יש המון מקומות שווה לראות. האוניברסיטה עצמה שווה ביקור של יום שלם. אין בעיה להגיע עם רכב או עם תחבורה ציבורית.
    אם אתה מגיע עם תחבורה ציבורית, תקח את הcaltrain מסן פרנסיסקו ותרד בפאלו אלטוסטנפורד (נסיעה של בערך 50 דקות).

צור קשר לפני שאתה מגיע:
    [email protected]

נתראה,
    תומר

mayash
    חבר

היי לכל המתעניינים!

בהמשך להודעה של תומר, גם אני אשמח לעזור! ולהפגש עם מי שמגיע לאיזור.

אני סטודנטית שנה ראשונה, ואני כאן עם בן זוג ותינוקת. האי מייל שלי הוא [email protected]

לנועה, רק להוסיף על מה שתומר כתב, לדעתי ה leadership labs זו אחת ההזדמנויות הראשונות שיש פה לעבוד על המנהיגות שלך. הקבוצה מאוד תומכת, וכולם מאוד פתוחים לקבל ולתת פידבק, ולעזור לאחרים להשתפר. את מוזמנת לשלוח לי אי מייל אם יש לך עוד שאלות ספציפיות.

בהצלחה!!!

מאיה

shaharw
    חבר

To: tomerco

Hi Tomer,

Thanks for your response.

I found some general description under the following link:

http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/news/headlines/bass_gift.shtml

The keywords I found there was " The seminars provide a truly hands-on learning experience while the instructors set the agenda…..The instructors provide lectures early on, but the heart of the course involves the teams reporting back what they have learned and concluded, followed by discussion. …Many electives employ team-based research projects, but Bass Seminars shift the emphasis: The students' work product is the muscle and flesh, placed on the skeletal framework established by the instructors."

Sounds really interesting, still – I wanted to understand is it really that exciting as it sounds…

Thanks.

tomerco
    חבר

I think this might answer your question.

These are some unofficial evaluations of this course:
    "TAKE THIS CLASS! TAKE THIS CLASS! TAKE THIS CLASS! TAKE THIS CLASS! This is what the GSB is all about. Working with students across the street. Working on a team. Working on something that you are passionate about."

"Awesome class. Warning: it is a VERY time consuming class. Very rewarding. One of my favorite classes"

"By far the best course I've taken so far. Lectures give a really different way of thinking about design, business issues, customers and social enterprise, but the main learning comes when you try applying these concepts to various group projects. I personally gained a lot of 'a-ha' moments through the project work – many of which can be applied to any situation. It is also a great way to get to know students from other schools. The spring-quarter project is highly rewarding, and every year, several projects get taken forward, and end up having real-world impact. "

Cheers,
    Tomer

tomerco
    חבר

To: omerutah

הי עומר,

תנסה לקחת את הTOUR, זה בטוח לא יהיה בזבוז זמן.

נתראה בסטנפורד,

תומר

nerorord
    חבר

הי נועה,

אני מצטער שפספסתי את ההודעה שלך כשזה עוד היה רלוונטי לסיבוב הראשון. אם השאלות עדיין רלוונטיות, שלחי לי מייל ל: [email protected] ואני אנסה לענות יותר בפירוט. במיוחד לגבי נושא הייעוץ יש לנו קצת יותר מידע בשלב הזה.

דרור אורן.

nerorord
    חבר

שלום לכולם,

אני אציג את עצמי שוב בקצרה: דרור אורן, סטודנט שנה ראשונה בסטנפורד (יחד עם עמית, מאיה ותומר).

כמה עניינים שחשבתי שכדאי לעדכן בהם:

1. הגשה בסיבוב שני – מאחר ואני זוכר את עצמי בזמן הזה, רציתי לשלוח מילת הרגעה לכל מי שמתכוון לגשת לסיבוב השני ולחוץ מהשמועות לגבי הקושי להתקבל. אז נכון שאין לי סטטיסטיקות, אבל בית הספר טוען בתוקף שאין הבדל משמעותי בין הסבבים. אני ניגשתי רק בסיבוב השני והתקבלתי.

2. אני עכשיו חלק מוועדה שעוזרת ל-Admissions Office להפוך את חוויית ההרשמה והקבלה ליותר ידידותית ולאפשר יותר נגישות לסטודנטים עצמה. אם יש מי מכם שעבר חוויות שהייתם רוצים לחלוק, שלחו לי אימייל ל: [email protected] ואני מקווה שזה יעזור לדורות הבאים.

בנוסף, אם יש לכם איזשהן שאלות אחרות ונוספות, אנחנו כאן בשבילכם.

דרור אורן.

n_noff
    חבר

הי אורן (או דרור? אני לא בטוחה מה הפרטי ומה המשפחה)

תודה על התגובה אבל לצערי זה אכן טיפה מאוחר כדי לעזור לי לאפליקיישן מאחר וכבר הגשתי בסיבוב הראשון. אני שומרת על ציפיות מאוד נמוכות כי אני מודעת לסיכויים…אבל לעולם אין לדעת נכון?

אני כן אשמח לשאול שאלה אחת אבל. שמעתי מכל מיני גורמים שתחום הייעוץ הוא מאוד בעייתי לסטודנטים לא אמריקאים ושאנחנו כמעט באופן גורף לא מתקבלים ל- internships בקיץ, וכתוצאה גם לא לעבודה בתחום או אפילו בתחום האסטרטגיה. האם זה נכון גם בסטנפורד?

אם כן, האם קצת יריתי לעצמי ברגליים כשהגשתי עם תכנית להתחיל קריירה בייעוץ? אחרי הכל, זה מה שאני באמת רוצה…

ועוד שאלונת: יש לך מושג אם ביה"ס כבר התחיל לשלוח הודעות קבלה ודחייה למועמדי סיבוב ראשון?

המון תודה,
    נועה

tomerco
    חבר

הי נועה,

אני מקווה שהתשובה הזו תעזור.

קבלה להתמחות בקיץ הינה יחסית קשה לכולם אבל לחסרי נסיון (כולל אמריקאים) קצת יותר מכיוון שלוקח זמן ל"התמחות" בראיונות ובמיוחד בפתירת "קייסים" לייעוץ.

למרות זאת, אני לא חושב שאנחנו באופן גורף לא מתקבלים, אני מכיר מספר לא מועט של סטודנטים ישראלים שכן הצליחו להתקבל גם לקיץ וגם למשרה מלאה.

לגבי דחייה וקבלה, הב"ס שולח הודעות רק בסוף הסיבוב לכל המועמדים ביחד. (לא ברור לי אם זה מרגיע או לא, אני מקווה שכן).

בכיף,

תומר

tomerco
    חבר

Stanford GSB Student-Alumni Event in Israel
    Dear Prospective Students,

We would like to invite you to join our Stanford GSB student-alumni event in Israel which will take place on Tuesday, December 23, 2008.

This will be a more casual event to give you the opportunity to meet us in an informal gathering. It is a great chance to hear about the Stanford GSB experience!

The event will take place at the Fulbright Foundation offices at 18:30, 1 Ben Yehuda Street, Tel Aviv.
    face=Calibri color=#800080 http://www.mapa.co.il/general/searchresult_locked.asp?CurrMapTab=5.1&MapType=map&ImagesOption=&CurrHeaderTab=2&RoutePoints=1x5000x%u05EA%u05DC%20%u05D0%u05D1%u05D9%u05D1%20%u05D9%u05E4%u05D5x%u05D1%u05DF%20%u05D9%u05D4%u05D5%u05D3%u05D4x1%2C&UserEarthX=128290&UserEarthY=1164496&UserMapZoom=500&LoadUserPosition=1&RouteType=2&PNGLayers=
    Since space is limited, please RSVP:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=p85AAybNeVOSTZbbjdpnhA_3d_3d
    Looking forward to seeing you!

n_noff
    חבר

הי תומר,

שתי התשובות עזרו מאוד ובהחלט הרגיעו.

המון תודה וחופשת כריסמס מהנה,

נועה

DoronTsuberi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hey guys,

It's great that you find the time to log in here with all the stuff you have going on – thank you.

I'm applying to Stanford, 2nd round, some things I'd like to ask –

1. Regarding Current depression – Do recruiters still offer the financing and execution of the green card as part of the package? How does the downturn affect internship opportunities?
    2. CES – can you elaborate on your experience with their offering and resources?
    3. SVTP – are you engaged in collaborations with the school of engineering?
    4. Looking back – any advise for someone with no finance backgrounds, while preparing to the studies abroad?

BTW- whom of the current students will be present at the 23th TLV gathering?

Thank you and happy holidays.

Doron Tsuberi.

zefko
    חבר

Noa,

Just to give you some facts, in my year 3 out of 4 Israelis had summer internship in consulting (the fourth did not look for one). All three had offers for full time position in consulting as well (of whom, I was the only one to join the industry).

I agree with Dror that it requires some work as we are not used to this kind of interview, but it is defiantly possible.

Hope this helps,

Nir

n_noff
    חבר

Hello Nir,
    Thank you so much for the information. It is certainly reassuring.
    I'm not afraid of hard work and even expect it, but I just wanted to make sure that it is possible with hard work, and you've reassured me that it is.

So thank you again,
    Noa.

Limch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 323

To: mayash

Current MBA Students Get-together in Tel Aviv on the 27th!

We are holding this event for all 1st and 2nd year Israeli MBA students from all International programs on December 27th.
    If you are a current student and have not received the official email with all the details – please shoot me an email and I'll get back to you with all the info you need :)

See ya!
    Limor – [email protected]

tomerco
    חבר

To: DoronTsuberi

Hi Doron,

I can only give partial answers.

1. I didn't see any noticeable change in green card requirements. As for the current situation, it is definitely felt but not dramatically. A few recruiters postponed/canceled their internships and the competition is bigger. Having said that, the atmosphere is quite good and there are still plenty of opportunities.

As for the 23th gathering, I'll be present and perhaps another friend from 2nd year. All the rest are in the US.

Hope you could get answers for the rest of your questions there.

Cheers,

Tomer

nerorord
    חבר

הי נועה,

בנוסף לתשובה של תומר (שאני מסכים איתה), באופן עקרוני אני חושב שדווקא ייעוץ הוא תחום שבו יותר קל לסטודנטים בינלאומיים להלב בו יחסית לתחומים אחרים שממש סגורים בפנינו (כמו למשל חברות קמעוניות – נייק, דיסני וכו' או חברות שירותים קלאסיות שבהן מעדיפים אמריקאים). בנוסף, יש מגוון יחסית רחב של אפשרויות בייעוץ וניתן לעבוד במשרדים בינלאומיים שבהם מחפשים לאו דווקא אמריקאים (לדוגמא את יכולה למצוא בסוף הלימודים עבודה במשרד של חברת ייעוץ באמסטרדם או בלונדון). אם יש לך ידע בשפות זרות בנוסף לאנגלית זה גם יכול לעזור.

לגבי ההודעות – הודעות לגבי ראיונות נמסרות עד ליום האחרון ממש. הודעות לגבי קבלה או דחייה נמסרות רק בתאריך עצמו (או ליתר דיוק יום לפני לפני שהתקבל).

בהצלחה!

דרור (שם פרטי) אורן :)

nerorord
    חבר

To: DoronTsuberi

Hi Doron,

1. I am not exactly sure what you are referring to in terms of the green card, but generally employers usually do not offer green cards but a sponsorship for an H1-B visa. This haven't changed since it is the only option to employ an international student. However, there are several companies that this year did not recruit from international students (such as HP and Cisco). I am not sure if is has to do with the recession or not.

3. There are ample opportunities to do many activities "across the street" with the Engineering, Design and other schools. If there is something specific that you are interested in, let us know and we can check.

4. Non of the Israeli students in our class (nor the 2nd year students) have finance background. You do not need any specific background in any of the topics we study. There are 3 levels in every course you take starting from the second quarter, and therefore you can always just take the basic course in topics you are not familiar with.

Hope that helps. Good luck with the application,

Dror Oren

n_noff
    חבר

תודה רבה דרור

איזה כיף על ההיענות הנרחבת, אתם ממש אחלה!!!

וגם תודה על ה"בהצלחה", אני בהחלט אצטרך אותה.

המשך חפשה נעימה,

נועה

dantonov
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

Hi All,

I read about the joint degree that one can obtain at his studies at Stanford University. I’m very interested in MS Environment and Resources/MBA (IPER). Have someone heard about it? Which opportunities can you get after you finish the joint degree? Are positions in VC/PE firms that focus on alternative energy are more obtainable? What are the arising cost from such degree (I read that it will prolong your studies in 2-3 quarters)?
    General – I have no experience in the field and I’m not an engineer.
    Thanks,

Dan
    sneed1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

To: dantonov

Dan, if you find something more about this program, i will appreciate it if u update us about it here. Thank u.
    dantonov
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

To: sneed1

Hi sneed1,

No problem. There is also similar program in Wharton. Google it, i don't remember the exact name.

Dan

Plan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14
    Hi all,
    I am interested in applying during the first round, for MBA studies that start on August/September 2010 and would be glad to learn more about Stanford's full time MBA program and dual degree program.
    I plan to visit San Fransisco between April 13th (evening) and the 15th/16th. If possible at all, it would be very helpful if I could get the following questions cleared up:

• Aside from touring the facilities and taking into account that I would be devoting my entire stay for such campus visit, what would be the best way to utilizes this visit?
    • Who should I contact prior to such visit?
    • Is there anything else that should be done during my visit that may promot my application?

Many thanks for all the help,

Yuval Gat

yuvalski
    חבר

HI to all,

My name is yuval and I am interested in applying to one of the top MBA programs for 2010.

I will be visiting family in California for Passover and I am planning on arriving to one of the tours on campus around the 13-14 of April.

I will be really happy and grateful to meet one of the current students to hear all about the experience.

thanks and a happy Passover

Yuval

tomerco
    חבר

To: dantonov

Unfortunately, I don't know much about the joint program. None of the friends are taking it this year. I suggest you address your questions to the admissions or to the relevant clubs:

Environmentally Sustainable Business Club – color=#0066cc http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/pmp/clubs/environmgmt.html (leadership email – esbc[email protected])

Energy club leadership email – gsbenergyclub[email protected]

I apologize for a very delayed and lacking response,

Tomer

tomerco
    חבר

To: Plan

Hi Yuval,

Welcome to the farm! To answer your questions:

• Aside from touring the facilities and taking into account that I would be devoting my entire stay for such campus visit, what would be the best way to utilizes this visit?
  • It really depends on your aspirations. Are you looking to explore career opportunities? Do you want to experience the classroom atmosphere?…My personal suggestion is to try and talk to as many students as possible. Investigate about the different opportunities that the GSB has to offer. It can be clubs, unique programs such as: global management, public management and so on. Look for specific classes or faculty you would like to hear and ask to sit in one of their classes. Start by exploring the website and mark the things you would like to know more about.

• Who should I contact prior to such visit?
  • Basically, I think you need to pre-register at the admissions office. Send us an email as well so we can meet you at campus.

• Is there anything else that should be done during my visit that may promote my application?
  • I don't really think so. The visit is suppose to be admission neutral so except from utilizing your time to make a better application, I don't think you can promote your candidacy by showing you visited.

I hope my answer help. See you soon,
    Tomer