מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 180 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • שגיא ליאב
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

Dear applicants,

In this room you can ask questions about the test and the ways to prepare yourself, as well as actual GMAT questions, and get answers from the renowned GMAT teacher, Irene Orleansky, the author of the GMAT Sentence Correction Guide.

Irene has 12 years of experience and is a former teacher of Kaplan. Nowadays, she is the academic director of Meitav GMAT in Tel-Aviv.

rl_7
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

To: All

Hey Guys,

As an applicant who took Meitav GMAT prep course, I will be more than happy to advice for those who have question regarding this course.

I must say that this is, by far, the best GMAT course that can be found in Israel for many reasons. Those who want to know why are welcome to ask..

Ronnie Lavi

gadishyoni
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

WELL, WHY IS MEITAV'S COURSE THE BEST?

egeg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 91

To: gadishyoni

יש להם את המורה לאנגלית הכי טובה בארץ – הבחורה כתבה ספרי הכנה לגמאט והיא מלמדת כמו שאף אחד אחר לא מלמד

המתמטיקה שלהם גם סבבה – אבל לא שונה בהרבה מכל המכונים האחרים

אבל ההבדל הוא באנגלית – אני למדתי אצל המורה הזו שעבדה עוד בגמקס והיא פשוט מורה מעולה

rl_7
    חבר

To: egeg

מסכים לכל מילה. ההבדל הוא גם במתמטיקה אבל בעיקר באנגלית. אף אחד לא מלמד את מה שמיטב מלמדים. כל השאר פשוט עובדים על אנשים בעיניים בכל מה שקשור לאנגלית

rl_7
    חבר

Why don't you call me and I'll explain. It's too long and detailed for this forum.

Ronnie

050-8676739

galanos
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

תוכל לתת את הפרטים של המורה ואו פרטים לגבי שיטת הלימוד המיוחדת ???

egeg
    חבר

To: galanos

אני חושב שהיא טובה בעיקר בגלל שהיא לא אמריקאית אלא רוסיה במקור – אומנם האנגלית שלה מעולה והיא גרה כמה שנים טובות באנגליה ולימדה שם במכוני הכנה – אבל היא מלמדת את החוקים ואת ההגיון מאחורי החוקים… היא מסודרת יסודית ולא מעגלת פינות

אני חושב שהיא מורה מעולה עם הרבה ניסיון וסבלנות – אבל אני חייב לציין שאני לא יודע לגבי המורה במתמטיקה של מיטב כי אני לא מכיר אותו ולא עשיתי במיטב את הקורס אלא בגמאקס שאיירין עוד עבדה שם

rl_7
    חבר

To: galanos

call me to 050-8676739 and I'll explain

innok
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

To: שגיא ליאב

מה מחיר של הקורס ווכמה זמן נמשך?

שגיא ליאב
    חבר

To: innok

הקורס מתפרש על פני 20 שיעורים. 4 שעות – פעמיים בשבוע. סה"כ 80 שעות לאורך שלושה חודשים.

מחיר קורס מלא הוא 4,200 ש"ח בלבד, אותם ניתן לחלק ל-6 תשלומים בכרטיס אשראי.

בכל שאלה נוספת, אל תהסס לפנות אלינו

03-7454557

שגיא ליאב

מיטב GMAT

שגיא ליאב
    חבר

סטודנטים יקרים,

אנו שמחים להעמיד לרשותכם חדר המוקדש כולו לשאלות הנוגעות למבחן GMAT. בחדר זה ניתן להפנות לאיירין אורלאנסקי שאלות על המבחן, על דרכי ההכנה המומלצות וגם לקבל עזרה בשאלות GMAT שהתקשתם בהן.

איירין היא מחברת הספר "The GMAT Sentence Correction Guide" והיא בעלת ניסיון של 12 שנים בהכנה למבחן. איירין לימדה בעבר בקפלן בארה"ב ובאירופה והכינה מאות סטודנטים ל-GMAT.

כיום איירין היא המנהלת האקדמית של קורסי GMAT במכללת מיטב בתל אביב.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

Hi ,

I chose the Meitav GMAT course because I needed a high GMAT score and I needed it now. I studied 2.5 months (while working full time) and thanks to the high level of the instructors (Zachi and Irene) and the learning materials I got a 760 on my first attempt with the real test.

Thank you Irene and Zachi and I highly recommend the course.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding the course.

Sincerely,

Adam Ferman

aviv
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

Dear Irene,

I have questions on conditionals which pop up after coming across many problems:-

1. How to identify a habit, a scientific fact or general truth – Can I use my own knowledge of the same? Or are we talking about the structure of the question?

2. In conditional questions when should one use the Inversion??

3. In any sentence appearance of if calls for check for conditionals??? Leaving only two types of sentences Polite suggestions and requests??

Thanks,

Aviv

Irene Orleansky
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 51

To: aviv

Hello Aviv,

1. How to identify a habit, a scientific fact or general truth?

You don't have to know true information for the sentence correction problems. Only grammar! You just have to match two clauses: real with real, unreal with unreal.

2. In conditional questions when should one use the Inversion??

You can use inversion instead of the not inverted form for real future, unreal future and unreal past conditions, but always check if there are any other differences among the answer choices, probably really important difference is not in conditionals.

3. In any sentence appearance of if calls for check for conditionals???

There is also another type of questions they like on GMAT: to choose between 'if' and 'whether' (in this case the sentence won't be conditional at all), and you will always choose the answer choice with 'whether'.

Good luck!

Irene

karni_m
    חבר

To: Irene Orleansky

הי

אני מסיימת בימים אלו את התואר השני שלי במנהל עסקים באוניברסיטת ירושלים ואני מתכננת לעשות

GMAT

לקראת המשך לימודים בחו"ל, הבעיה העיקרית שלי היא האנגלית שלי, חשבתי לנסוע ללונדון לעשות קורס שם, אשמח לשמוע לעצתכם

פתוחה לשמוע כל רעיון

תודה

קרני

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: karni_m

Hello Karni!

I think there is no need to go to London to preparare for the verbal part of the GMAT, the opposite, I have students who come to study with me from London and other places in Europe.

But to give you a piece of advice on how to improve your verbal section, I will need more details. I'll be happy to assist you if you contact me at

03-7454557 or 052-8384932

All the best! Irene

karni_m
    חבר

הי איירין

תודה על התשובה המהירה, אני אספר קצת על עצמי, סיימתי תואר ראשון בכלכלה באוניברסיטה העברית וכן אני מסיימת שם עכשיו תואר שני במנהל עסקים בהצטיינות, אני חושבת ברצינות להמשיך לדוקטורט בתחום של שיווק, עסקתי במהלך השנה האחרונה בתירגול בתואר שני ובימים אלו אני עוזרת מחקר.

המתמטיקה שלי טובה, הבעיה העיקרית שלי היא האנגלית, לאחר תקופה ארוכה של תירגול ההתקדמות שלי בינונית ביותר, מכאן הגיע הרעיון של נסיעה למדינה דוברת אנגלית

אני מאד אודה על הכוונתך, וכן אשמח אם תוכלי לכתוב לי מהן השעות המתאימות ליצור איתך קשר

תודה רבה

קרני

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: karni_m

Hi Karni!

Have you ever tried a GMAT test? Which parts of the verbal section did you find the most difficult – reading, critical reasoning, sentence correction? For the reading, for example, there are methods that enable you to answer the questions without actually reading the whole passage, for the sentence correction, you will have to learn hundreds of grammar rules. It is very much like math.

If you have never tried a GMAT test, I suggest that you download two free tests here http://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/Tools/PowerprepSoftware.htm

The tests are probably a little bit easier than the real test, and your score will be a little bit exaggerated, but it will show you what the computer adaptive test is and what your problems are.

You can contact me any day at ant time except for 6:00 -10:00 p.m – that's when I usually teach my classes.

All the best! Irene

aviv
    חבר

Hi Irene,

When and where will your Sentence Correction Guide be available for buying?

Shana Tova

Aviv

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

Hello Aviv!

The GMAT Sentence Correction Guide will be available soon in the major Israeli book stores as well as at Amazon.com and probably some other Internet sites.

We can inform you when the guide is available, please send us your details at this address: [email protected]

Shana tova! Irene

porata
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 50

Hi irene,

Do you think, this question might be naive, that pacticing English in a course for three months before the gmat will help improve the score?

Or, is it something that must go on for years, by reading, writing and talking.

what is the improvement of people who take a gmat course?

Thanks Assaf.

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: porata

Hi Assaf!

I personally believe that a good GMAT course is the only thing that can improve your GMAT score. In general cases, a course and some practicing will be enough to reach high results, but at our courses at Meitav we also offer our students the opportunity to repeat the course as many times as the student needs without additional fee.

As for reading, I usually tell my students that there is English and there is GMATish ;) so reading newspapers or books in English won't help you so much, you have to know all these "GMATish" tricks.

As for talking, it's even worse, the Sentence Correction section of the GMAT mostly checks the common mistakes of the native English speakers, so if you speak English as common Americans do, you can be easily trapped.

You can contact me at 058384032 or 03-7454557 for more information about my GMAT courses.

Take care! Irene

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

Dear MBA candidates and GMAT takers!

Every day I receive many letters in which you are asking me to help you with difficult Sentence Correction questions. To avoid repititions and to speed up the process, you can post your questions here or at my GMAT forum at http://gmat.meitav.co.il

Always at your service, Irene

PS Don't forget to copy the GMAT question itself when you post your question about it.

aviv
    חבר

Hi Irene,

I came across a tough sentence correction question, maybe you can help me with that:

The growth of the railroads led to the abolition of local times, which was determined by when the sun reached the observer’s meridian and differing from city to city, and to the establishment of regional times.

(A) which was determined by when the sun reached the observer’s meridian and differing
    (B) which was determined by when the sun reached the observer’s meridian and which differed
    (C) which were determined by when the sun reached the observer’s meridian and differing
    (D) determined by when the sun reached the observer’s meridian and differed
    (E) determined by when the sun reached the observer’s meridian and differing

is C the correct answer?

Thanks for the help

Aviv

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

Hello Aviv! Yes, you are right, congratulations!

And here is my explanation:

The growth of the railroads led to the abolition of local times, which was determined by when the sun reached the observer’s meridian and differing from city to city, and to the establishment of regional times.

(A) which was determined by when the sun reached the observer’s meridian and differing
    (B) which was determined by when the sun reached the observer’s meridian and which differed
    (C) which were determined by when the sun reached the observer’s meridian and differing
    (D) determined by when the sun reached the observer’s meridian and differed
    (E) determined by when the sun reached the observer’s meridian and differing

In answer choices D and E, the participial modifier "determined by when the sun reached…" refers illogicaly to the subject of the clause "the growth" (it's not the growth of the railroads that was determined by when the sun reached the observer's meridian…")

In answer choices A ,B and C, the relative pronoun "which" refers correctly to the preceding noun phrase "local times" , but in A and B the singular verb "was" does not agree with the plural noun "times".

So, just remember if you encounter answer choices that differ from one another this way:

Subject… verb …. object, which… .

versus

Subject… verb… object, participle (verb+ing or V3)

In the first case "which" will always refer to the object, and in the second case the participle will refer to the subject.

There are other differences among the answer choices, but always try to find the easiest to solve.

Good luck in your GMAT! Irene

aviv
    חבר

Hey,

Your explanation makes it a lot easier.

Thanks a bunch,

Aviv

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: fried

What you say may be true, Leanna, but only in case it is not an ETS question, otherwise we have two correct answer choices, because according to your explanation C and E are equal. I really encountered a lot of questions in different books where the participial modifier refered not to the subject, but I prepare my students for the ETS GMAT test, that is why I teach them according to the rules that will work on the real GMAT test, and not only for Kaplan and Princeton books. There are two rules of the thumb that will always work on the ETS GMAT:

1. (A) Subjet verb object, which…

(B) Subject verb object, verb+ing

In (A) which refers to the object, in (B) verb+ing refers to the subject

2. (A) Subject verb… , verb+ing… .

(B) Verb+ing … , subject verb… .

In case the sentences are equal, except for the position of the participial modifier, both are wrong.

But attention dear students! These rules will work only with ETS Sentence Correction question!!! In other GMAT sources, they may even disagree with your answer choice, like Leanna did. But we are going to take the ETS GMAT test, aren't we? That is why I ALWAYS work only with the original ETS tests as well as with my own materials, of course.

Best regards, Irene

PS My Sentence Correction GMAT Guide will be available in all the major book stores in about a week, you will find a lot of explanations, tips and practice questions there.

fried
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Irene,

The question is a real GMAT question, and the answer is E. ETS asks questions from all over the spectrum, requiring students to know a great deal of grammar. I gave you two reasons that E is right and C is wrong. The two answers are not equivalent . One is wrong and one is right.

Good luck with your book.

Leanna

דוד
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

I agree with Leanna. The disagreement between you about the relative clause does not matter so much, because as Leanna wrote before, answer C still includes a mistake in Parallelism (which were determined… and differing).

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

Dear Leanna,

This question is not a real ETS question, I know where it comes from, but I'm giving the answer according to what would be the right answer, did it appear on the real test.

Yes, I agree with you that the Sentence Correction section of the GMAT reguires very deep knowledge of grammar, and that is the reason I dedicated almost 500 pages of my book to the grammar, but along with that, I also want to give my students easy tools and various kinds of tips which can really help students improve their Sentence Correction results. Such tips are especially helpful for the students who are not native English speakers and have difficulty understanding the sentence. In addition, such tips make solving Sentence Correction questions much quicker.

So, finally, please let me teach according to my methods, Leanna, and you teach according to your methods, the most important thing is that our students get great GMAT scores.

Good luck to you and your students,

Irene

egeg
    חבר

Irene

you are the best teacher!!! I took your class in GMAX and i did not cancel the course only cause of you – cause the other teacher (math and the other english teacher) sucked!

I am sure that your book will help all the future gmat taker

good luck

amit

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: דוד

Hi David,

There is no any problem with parallelism in either C or E. In both of the answer choices the words determined and differing are participles (to make the passive voice, like in C, were determined, one uses the verb be and the past participle), so the only difference is the participial modifier versus the relative clause. The main difference between them, as I mentioned before, and in this particular case the only difference, is that they refer to different nouns.

Best regards, Irene

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

Hi ,

I chose the Meitav GMAT course because I needed a high GMAT score and I needed it now. I studied 2.5 months (while working full time) and thanks to the high level of the instructors (Zachi and Irene) and the learning materials I got a 760 on my first attempt with the real test.

Thank you Irene and Zachi and I highly recommend the course.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding the course.

Sincerely,

Adam Ferman

yonis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 73

To: adamferman

Hello,

Can I contact you by phone to ask more about the Meitav course, material, classes, etc… from your personal experience with them?

Thanks.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

To: yonis

Sure,

Give me a ring at 0544678105.

yoavc
    חבר

Hi everyone,

I recently took the GMAT test ( for the first time) after taking a course with Meitav and recieved a 720. I would like to take this time and thank Irene and Zachi for their devotion and dedication in getting the best out of their students. The Meitav course is very well structured and assisted me in achieving the grade I needed, a task that was reached after a long struggle by both myself and Irene and Zachi.

I recommend Meitav to all those who wish to succeed in the GMAT and are willing to put in the time for it. Feel free to contact me regarding any questions about the Meitav course and its great teachers.

sincerley,

Yoav Caspi

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: yoavc

Thank you, Yoav!

It was a great pleasure to teach you! I pinned the copy of your score certificate on the wall in my "Hall of Fame" :)

All the best to you in your studies and your career!

Keep in touch,

Irene

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

LOLA, כמה חבל שאת כנראה צודקת לגבי המשקל (או חוסר המשקל ליתר דיוק) שניתן בארץ לתכניות MBA מובילות בחו"ל.

עם זאת , לדעתי המשמעות האמיתית של MBA מתכנית מובילה בחו"ל, היא הייתרון של בוגרי תכניות בהשגת הצעות עבודה מדהימות מהחברות הבינ"ל הגדולות בעולם.

עכשיו, אם תשאלי את השאלה שוב אבל תוסיפי 3 שנות ניסיון מקצועי רלוונטי לכל אחד מהמועמדים (בוגר ת"א ובוגר קולומביה), כאשר כ"כ מהם עבד בארץ שבה קיבל את התואר, אני חושב שבמרבית המקרים יעדיפו את בוגר קולומביה (למעט למשל משרות בתחום השיווק והמכירות הממוקדים בתוך ישראל) – ובפרט אם הנ"ל עובד בחברה בינ"ל, ומבקש לעשות דרכה relocation לישראל…

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

Hi Yoav,

Would love to hear some more on your actual test exprience – how'd you handle the time pressure/difficulty, etc.

Also, if you could provide the forum with an estimate of the time you invested into the preparation towards the GMAT, I'd be much obliged!

Thanks and best of luck in future ventures

Alesia
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hi Yoav

I 'd like to get more info about the GMAT course in Meitav, how can I contact you?

zivbaum
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 41

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p>איפה מבררים מידע על GMAT ו-TOFFEL? איפה אפשר לעשות את המבחן, כמה עולה, מתי מתקיימים במבחנים?

zivbaum
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 41

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p>הי אירנה מתי מתחילים הקורסים במיטב?
    האם אני צריך גם Toffel אם אני עושה GMAT?
    תודה, זיו

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: zivbaum

זיו שלום,

מידע נוסף אודות מבחן ה-GMAT אפשר למצוא באתר האינטרנט של המבחן:

http://www.mba.com

אודות ה-TOEFL תוכל ללמוד באתר: http://www.toefl.org .

כמובן שנשמח גם להעניק לך מידע מלא בטלפון. תוכל ליצור עמנו קשר בטלפון 1-700-70-17-70.

כסטודנט זר תצטרך לעבור גם את בחינת ה-TOEFL בכל האוניברסיטאות ובכל התארים. אך חשוב להדגיש, קורס הכנה למבחן GMAT מכין גם למבחן TOEFL ואין צורך לקחת קורס נוסף עבור מבחן זה.

אנא אל תהסס לפנות אלינו בכל שאלה ונשמח לעזור.

בברכה,

איירין אורלאנסקי.

מיטב GMAT

yoavca
    חבר

To: epony

Dear Epony,

upon finishing the gmat course, i was really left with no room for mistakes. on the weeks prior to the test i took at least one test a day ( usually 2) and spent the rest of the time analyzing the results. i think that once you reach a level in which you know all the reasons for your mistakes and you just have to apply your knowledge ( this situation for me was achieved with Eirene's help) then you're in a good place. i think the total time i invested in the gmat is somewhere in the vicinity of 3 months. hope i helped,

yoav caspi

yoavca
    חבר

To: Alesia

Hi Alesia,

feel free to contact me at: 054-8022110, be happy to help,

yoav caspi

mayapeleg
    חבר

איירין שלום

יש לי מספר שאלות בנושא GMAT

אני מבררת על לימודים בחו"ל וכל התשובות שקיבלתי דורשות ציון שנע סביב ה700

האם יש סיכוי להגיע לציון כזה בכלל ואיך קורס משפר את הסיכוי לכך

מטריד אותי בעיקר החלק המילולי והפחד מרמת האנגלית בבחינה

פתרתי בחינה לדוגמא והוצאתי ציון די נמוך בחלק של האנגלית

האם הקורס יוכל לעזור לי או שיש דרך אחרת שבה אוכל לשפר את ציוני בחלק הזה

תודה מראש

מאיה

Irene Orleansky
    חבר

To: mayapeleg

שלום מאיה

ציון 700 הוא בהחלט אפשרי

אני מעבירה קורסים מיוחדים לסטודנטים שצריכים את ציון ה700

הרבה סטודנטים מגיעים ברמה נמוכה ויחד אנחנו מצליחים לשפר את הציון ואפילו עד 400 נקודות

כדי להגיע ל700 צריך להשקיע הרבה מאמץ גם מצד הסטודנט וגם מצד המורה

אנחנו מעבירים קורסים מיוחדים שמכינים לאוניברסיטאות המובילות בעולם

המיוחד בקורסים האלה הוא שהקבוצות מאוד קטנות וזה מאפשר למורה להגיע לכל סטודנט וסטודנט ולעזור בבעיותיו

אשמח לעזור בשאלות נוספות

איירין

אמנון
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

האם זה נכון שעומדים לשנות את מתכונת הTOEFL הנוכחית?

אם כן – מתי זה קורה? והאם אפשר לעבור את הסף הרלוונטי ללא קורס הכנה?

avishaish
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 44

To: אמנון

אני הבנתי שבספטמבר משנים את המתכונת ושעדיין לא ברור מה בדיוק יהיו השינויים

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1 עד 50 (מתוך 180 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.