Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 2: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 351 עד 400 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

To: ohadresh

The spouse receives J-2 only if the couple is married…

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

To: shirlis

I guess you know that in the UK the spouse issue is much easier…

But as Dan said youneed to get married.

I am in the same boat – I am also considering schools according to the available options for my husband.

What is he doing? If he is in hightech for example, than NYC in not the right place to go and Duke actually is… These are also issues to consider

odrp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 293
    mayazar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

To: dalit

חשוב גם לזכור שהחוויה בבתי הספר בעיר הגדולה מול בתי הספר באמצע שום מקום היא חוויה שונה – יש אנשים שמחפשים לחיות בקומונה של הבית ספר (חוויה מדהימה לשנתיים ) ויש כאלה שחושבים שצריך חיי חברה בנוסף ללמודים ולכן מעדיפים בתי ספר שהם בעיר גדולה וחיי החברה לא רק סביב הכיתה שאתה לומד בה

dalit
    חבר

To: mayazar

אין ספק שיש פה הרבה שיקולים להתחשב בהם. אני שמתי את נושא התעסוקה לבן זוג לפני האופי של ההחלטה של עיר או עייירת קמפוס. אני יורה לכמה כיוונים, ובסוף נחליט ביחד.

בשביל שאני אהיה שם מבסוטה אני צריכה פרטנר מבסוט לא פחות, וזו החלטה משותפת לכל דבר

shirlis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

To: danteleman2002

even my parents don't pressure me so much on getting married as this forum :-)

Shtota
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

To: All

אנא תעבירו את זה הלאה..

November 9, 2004

800 SAVE A LIFE (800-728-3254)
    or (310) 779-9655

Save the Life of a Child!

Los Angeles Girl Needs Kidney To Survive:
    Parents Searching for Compatible Donor

The parents of an Israeli child born with a sole, malfunctioning kidney are in a desperate race against time to find a compatible donor who can save their five year-old child’s life.
    Chana Bogatz was already critically ill when she was born. Diagnosed with a diseased kidney, Chana began dialysis at the early age of three months. At ten months, the tiny vessels used for dialysis had been exhausted and could no longer sustain dialysis treatment. With Chana’s life at stake, her devastated parents left their home in Israel, within one day’s notice, and headed for America, in the hopes of receiving life saving emergency treatment. In April 2001, she received an infant cadaver renal transplant at Stanford Medical Center in Palo Alto, California. An infant donor’s blood vessels are very tiny and there is a high probability that they will clog, therefore, the procedure was considered a “bridge transplant”; a temporary measure that would buy more time for Chana as she continued to wait for a more compatible kidney. This temporary measure enabled Chana to continue living without dialysis. Shortly after receiving the transplant that saved her young life, Chana was placed back on the transplant list. A year later, as anticipated, the kidney failed, but the elapsed time had allowed for Chana’s vessels to grow. Once again she was able to receive the life saving dialysis treatment.
    Chana has again reached a critical stage in her treatment as dialysis could fail at any moment. Her physicians have told her parents that she is in end stage renal disease and that without a kidney transplant she will die. Unfortunately, Chana’s parents, Yehudis and Mordechai Bogatz, are not compatible donors, and they must look outside the family for a donor.
    Ever since Chana’s first donated kidney failed, her parents knew that moving up on the donor list was critical for their daughter. The deterioration of her condition has spurred them to make a public plea on their daughter’s behalf.
    “We are desperately hoping that someone will come forward. Our daughter’s life hangs in the balance,” said Yehudis.
    Suitable donors must be between eighteen and forty-five years old, have type O blood, and be in good health. There is no cost to be screened and the donor’s medical expenses will be fully covered.
    For more information on how to help Chana or be tested for compatibility as a kidney donor for the child, call 800 SAVE A LIFE (800-728-3254) or visit http://www.savechana.org.

(This is not a hoax, and is not outdated, please pass this on and help save a life).

hadas_fuhrer
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

I am looking into an LLM program in the US.

Is there anybody who used a consultant to apply for such programs?

Please post any contacts that you would recommend using.

Many thanks.

danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

you don't need to get married… you can move as a couple, but at that point the issue of big vs. small city is irrelevant becuase your boyfirend wouldn't get a visa that allows him to work (unless he becomes a student himslef)

odrp
    חבר

To: Shtota

אם היא תשרוד יהיה לה אחל'ה חיבור לסטנפורד כשתגדל.

IDO100
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 23

To: hadas_fuhrer

i've applied to LLM last year ( got in to coulombia and yale) you really dont need a consultant ! many isrealis get in every year.

The application process is much more simple in LLM then MBA .

Make sure you have good recomandation becuse they think highly of them !

Hope it helps

m_shahar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 139

הי אוהד,

רציתי לדעת אם תוכל לספק עוד פרטים על ויזת ג'יי

למשל האם מספיק שאיזה שהיא חברה בארץ תממן לך חלק כלשהו מהלימודים או שיש דרישות ספציפיות…

וכו'

תודה

שחר

ohadresh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 22

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p>שחר,

אני מציע לקרוא את החומר באתר של הקונסוליה האמריקאית. אבל בקצרה – צריך לצרף לבקשת הויזה מכתב מחברה שאומר הם מוכנים לממן חלק מהותי ממחיר הלימודים. למיטב ידיעתי זה ההבדל היחיד בין F ל – J מבחינת התהליך.

סטודנטים שהוציאו ויזת J מוזמנים להוסיף או לתקן.

אוהד.

ohadresh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 22

Shirli (&Dan),

I believe you actually should get married. Entering on a tourist Visa and then switching to H-1 (work) visa is not easy. Having a work permit would make his life much easier.

Dan – in order to get either F-2 or J-2 you have to get married. Someone told me that being engaged might be enough, if you have a wedding date, but I've never checked it myself.

Ohad

ymgn
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

שלום לכולם! הצטרפתי לפורום לאחרונה והבנתי שצריך לספר קצת על עצמי, אז קודם כל כמה דברים כלליים:
    היי, אני יואב בן 28 מתל אביב. במקור מיבנה.

מאז הלימודים אני עובד בשנתיים האחרונות בחברת TASC לייעוץ אסטרטגי ופיננסי

למדתי כלכלה ומנהל עסקים באונ' העברית. ממוצע 94

710- 50 בכמותי -35 במילולי. מלפני שנתיים

שירתתי כקצין בחיל התותחנים במה שנקרא MLRS

הגשתי בסבב ראשון לסטנפורד, וורטון וקולומביה עכשיו אני עובד על סבב שני על ברקלי, שיקגו ומישיגן

אני צריך אינפורמציה על Berkeley: אם מישהו ביקר שם ויודע לספר קצת על האופי של המקום ושל הבית ספר? איך האנשים? איך המגורים? איך האווירה? עד כמה באמת אפשר לנצל שם את היתרונות של קליפורניה? מה לגבי השמועות על האנטי ישראליות שם? במה הם טובים ובמה הם לא? יש להם איזה תוכנית מיוחדת שהם מתגאים בה במיוחד שמתעסקת בבינלאומיות, מנהיגות או תרומה לקהילה? יש שם הרבה ישראלים? אם כן מאיזה רקע בעיקר? יש מישהו שלמד או לומד שם שאפשר לדבר איתו?

עוזר ונעזר.

בהצלחה לכולם,
    ymgn

Elnor
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

Ohad,
    The university determines the type of visa you will have and there is no way to negotiate the type of visa with the embassy.
    If the university doesn’t issue you a ds-2019 (sponsorship for j) on its own accord, you need to arrange an employee sponsorship letter, send it to the university and then they can issue the same form.
    One problem that may arise is the amount of loan you will be approved for. Some universities will deduct the amount written in your employee sponsorship letter from the total amount you can borrow through their pre-approved arrangements with banks.
    Since each university has slightly different procedures, I recommend checking with the International office.

Hope this helps

Elnor Rozenrot

MBA Class of 2006

Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth

mbaq
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

לגבי ויזת ג'י: ישנה אפשרות לקבל ויזת ג'י גם אם הביה"ס נותן מילגה לתלמידים. לא תמיד הביה"ס מודע לכך (כמו שהיה במקרה שלי) וצריך להפנות את תשומת ליבו לכך ולבקש שישלח את הטפסים המתאימים במקום הטפסים ל F.

מי שמתכנן לעבור את החוויה הזו עם בן הזוג – אכן צריך לשים את בן הזוג בעדיפות עליונה (בתור אחד שעובר את החוויה הזו). לכן חשוב לשקול את כל השיקולים כמו למשל היתר עבודה (חשוב מאוד) ועיר שבן הזוג יוכל למצוא בה עבודה. למשל, אני לא בטוח שניו יורק היא אופציה טובה במקרה כזה (ויתקנו אותי הניו יורקים אם אני טועה) מאחר ועל כל מקום עבודה בעיר יש פי 10 מחפשי עבודה מבכל מקום אחר.

מי שרוצה להתייעץ בנושא מוזמן לשלוח אימייל ואני אשמח לתרום מנסיוני: [email protected]

אוהד

IchiBan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 216

Shirli (&Dan),

I believe you actually should get married.

How can Shirli & Dan get married? They hardly know each other =)

This isn't J-Date man…

נעמה אשכנזי
    חבר

שלום לכולם! הצטרפתי לפורום לאחרונה והבנתי שצריך לספר קצת על עצמי, אז קודם כל כמה דברים כלליים:

אני בת 28 ועומדת להתגןרר בלוס אנגלס. אני בוגרת תואר ראשון בניהול ובתקשורת באוניברסיטה הפתוחה ורוצה להירשם ללימודי תואר שני בלוס אנגלס.

היום אני עובדת בחברת הובלות בתפקיד מוכרת
    וגם מתעסק בקולנוע

למדתי ניהול ותקשורת סיימתי בממוצע 84

עוד לא עשיתי GMAT…

בצבא הייתי במחב"ש בתפקיד רכזת בטחון שדה

בירורים כדי להירשם. אני עומדת לגור בלוס אנגלס ויש לי כבר תואר ראשון כך ואני ממש רצינית בנוגע לרישום ללימודים.

אחת השאלות שיש לי בנושא MBA בחו"ל היא:מה הם תנאי הקבלה?
    אני רוצה להתקבל ל-ucla אני בוגרת ניהול ותקשורת של האוניברסיטה הפתוחה בממוצע של 84. האם אני צריכה נוטריון שיתרגם לי את התואר?

אני מקווה לתרום לקהילת הפורום לפחות 20 הודעות בשנה הקרובה

אז בהצלחה לכולם,

נעמה אשכנזי

pilpelet
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 50

Did anyone get admitted or invited to interview at Columbia for September 2005?

I'd appreciate replies (even NO is good) because I'm frantic by now (submitted at the end of September).

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

mayazar
    חבר

To: pilpelet

i know someone who had an interview this weekend – but he is in NYC (working here) so i guess it is different (and i also thing he did an ED round)

dudy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 88

To: נעמה אשכנזי

היי נעמה

אין שום צורך שנוטריון יתרגם לך את אישור הלימודים והקורסים

מה שקורה בד"כ (אם כי אני ממליץ לך להסתכל על טופס ההרשמה של האונ' הספציפית באינטרנט) הוא שניתן להגיש לאונ' גיליון ציונים שאת כותבת לבד (באנגלית כמובן – ורצוי עם תרגום של האוניברסיטה שלמדת בה). אם תתקבלי, תדרשי לבקש מהאוניברסיטה שלך לשלוח גיליון ציונים ואישור קבלת תואר רשמיים באנגלית (שוב – בלי נוטריון..)

מקווה שזה עוזר

dan309
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 29

שלום פילפלת,

אם זה מרגיע אותך גם אני עדיין לא שמעתי מקולומביה (הגשתי ב 11.10 ל ED).

ophirg
    חבר

בן 29 מתעניין בלימודי MBA בארה"ב

היום אני עובד בהייטק      בתפקיד מהנדס
    וגם מתעסק בפעילות ספורטיבית

למדתי בבן גוריון       סיימתי בממוצע 81

עוד לא עשיתי GMAT, מתעתד לעשות במהלך מרץ

בצבא הייתי חובש

בשלב זה אני רק מתעניין באפשרות של MBA בחו"ל
    אני מתכונן לפנות לתוכניות ה-MBA שלWHARTON

אחת השאלות שיש לי בנושא MBA בחו"ל היא:
    מהם סיכויי הקבלה במחזור ה 3 כמו כן כיצד ניתן לשפר את ה CR SC RC

אני מקווה לתרום לקהילת הפורום בכך שאקח חלק פעיל עם קבלתי לאחת התוכניות.

אז בהצלחה לכולם,

ophirg

dalit
    חבר

שאלה למי שנרשם לדיוק בסיבוב ראשון:

האם קיבלתם מייל המאשר שהאפליקיישן התקבל בשלמותו (כולל החומרים שנשלחו בדואר)?

pilpelet
    חבר

Dalit,

If I may ask to what schools did you apply in the first round? What's the status?

I'd appreciate your candor since I have developed a true stress condition. Anyhow, good luck to you.

dalit
    חבר

wonna talk about stress?? I will probably need "hashtalat sear" soon…

I applied to LBS (interview invitations will be released next Friday) and Duke (final decisions in a month).

I am supposed to start working on my round II application to MIT, but I just can't do that… i feel like i need to know first if the effort pays. But… I have no choice. next week i am starting this one too.

pilpelet
    חבר

Well.. good luck. I thought that you applied to more schools since you reported that you visited some schools but unfortunately we currently do not share the same schools (I applied to MIT in the first round).

shirlis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

To: IchiBan

I'm telling you, there is something fishy about this forum…

dalit
    חבר

Yes… part of the tour was to decide to which schools I want to apply.

My husband was there with me and I must say it had a great value. He saw what I am talking about and together we decide where we want to spend the next couple of years. I truely believe this is a mutual decision.

GOOD LUCK!!

eeeeee
    חבר

במסגרת שירולתי הצבאי הייתי בשח"ם-שירות חובה במשטרה

האם לניסיון בצבא יש יתרון על ניסיון במשטרה?

מדובר על הרשמה לWHARTON

לתואר ראשון במנהל

odrp
    חבר

I found some great way to stop thinking about interview invitations. Did anyone hear about L'Oreal's e-strat?

mayazar
    חבר

To: odrp

לי יש פיתרון טוב יותר אפילו – אלכוהול

אם אתה רוצה להיות סטודנט בארה"ב אתה צריך להתרגל כבר מעכשיו לנושא, ולשתות הרבה…

odrp
    חבר

To: mayazar

אין Weienstephaner בארה"ב, אז מבירות אני אשכח.

ronitik
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

בת 24 מחיפה

היום אני עובד במשפטים

למדתימשפטים

עוד לא עשיתי GMAT

בצבא הייתי בחייל כללי

בשלב זה אני רק מתעניין באפשרות של MBA בחו"ל

אחת השאלות שיש לי בנושא MBA בחו"ל היא:לעניין כתיבת מכתבים וחיבורים

אז בהצלחה לכולם,

ronitik

IchiBan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 216

Yeah, you'd better look over your shoulder so you don't get kidnapped to a Vegas chapel…

Chelsea
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 14

To: Gilam

Hi Gilam,

I would like to ask you a question regarding teh below info I found at aringo.co.il

בד"כ מתקבלים לכל תוכנית, בכל שנה, מועמדים שפער ציוני ה-GMAT שלהם הוא 120 נקודות ויותר. כלומר, בכל שנה מתקבלים להרוורד, וורטון, קולומביה וכו' מועמדים עם GMAT של 640, ונדחים מועמדים עם GMAT של 780.

What does it mean? Is it possible that a high GMAT will eventually prevent you from get accepted to top universities?

Thanks…

yonis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 73

Hello everyone,

A few says ego I saw a couple of massages on one of the threads in the discussion board from someone who was visiting several schools in the U.S. and posted his impressions. I remember they were very thurough.

I just looked at them at a glimps and now when I tried to find them again, I just couldn't.

Can someone direct me to what thread they were posted on and the massage number that they started on, or the date of that massage.

Thanks in advance.

maroni
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

To: yonis

Yonis,

These messages were written by boazcn & Dalit.
    So, I suggest you the search the site with their name and/or the word ביקור.

maroni.

michaelc
    חבר

Dear Pipelet

I reiceved and interview invite to columbia this friday

i did not scedual an interview yet

i submitted my app. early oct.

good luck I am sure you'll get your soon

pilpelet
    חבר

To: michaelc

Wow! That's great – you're doing great with your application.

Thanks for the wishes.

Where else did you apply? Any news other than Wharton & Columbia?

Thanks again for updating – it's no relief but it's better than total uncertainty.

michaelc
    חבר

As of now I have only applied to columbia nad Wharton

I haven't yet scedualed an interview for either I will update as soon as I finish interviewing

greenfeld
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 282

האם מישהו קיבל זימון לראיון ל-Haas?

מי מחכה לראיון מהם?

hershal
    חבר

אז ככה, אני בן 25 לקראת סיום תואר ראשון בביולוגיה בתל אביב, מפנטז על מסלול ישיר לדוקטורט באמריקה, ליגת השנהב…. נכנסתי קצת להארוורד וייל, מילאתי חלק מהטופס באינטרנט, אך משהו לא מובן לי… קודם כל אני צריך מישהו שיעשה לי סדר בראש, דבר שני מה היא השנה האקדמית שם מבחינת לוח זמנים, אם אני מתחיל את התהליך עכשיו מתי אתחיל ללמוד, מה הסיכוי להתקבל שם, איזה מבחנים צריך לעשות ומי מביא לי כסף בשביל ללמוד שם…
    על כן הגעתי לפה, אודה לכם מאוד על העזרה, ואם אפשר בצורה מסודרת
    אני מבולבל מאוד גם ככה….

טל

סטודנט מובטל

תואר ראשון בביולוגיה ממוצע 90

או: מבחינת השתתפות בפורום – אני בד"כ מאלה שרק מסתכלים על הודעות של אחרים.

אז בהצלחה לכולם,

hershal

egeg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 91

To: hershal

אחי, זה פורום לתואר שני במנהל עסקים ולא לדקוטורט בביולגיה

אני לא בטוח שתקבל פה את התשובות שאתה צריך

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

To: egeg

true,

Moreover, it is the Ivy league not the ivory league :)

A

ofirr
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 28

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p>שלום,

האם מישהו נתקל בבעיה של מילוי טופס ציונים ידני עם עמודת credit hours, הבעיה שלי שגליון הטכניון כולל נקודותcredit points ולא שעות, מישהו התגבר על המכשול הקטן הנ"ל ?

Yanivus
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

To: ofirr

כן, תשלח בפדקס את גליון הציונים המקורי מהטכניון כדי שהם ישברו את הראש עם זה. זה היה שווה כל שקל.

egeg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 91

To: Assaf Wand

so funny – i did not make the connection between שנהב to IVY… it is great!! soo funny

robertok
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

To: egeg

IVY – קיסוס

במקור נובע מההנחה שלאוניברסיטאות ה"ותיקות" יותר הספיק לצמוח קיסוס על הקירות

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 351 עד 400 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.