מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 262 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • ast
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

To: epony

Thanks, will do that.

robertok
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

Two IMD grads received London consulting offers this year, each exceeding 70K GBP.

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

OK… I have checked again and below u can find the numbers. however, please remember two things:

1. this is an average. which means that some are below and some are above. which means you should also also look for the range.

2. not everyone who graduates stays in London, so lower salaries in different places will lower the average.

Don't worry, you will learn all about averages soon ;-)

so here are the numbers, updated last month (focus on full time only, GBP p.a):

consulting: average: 64K, range 48-78, median 65, sign on bonus (92%) 3-20 (median 11), end of year bonus (100%) 3-33 (median 25)

Finance: average: 59K, range 25 – 114, median 58 sign on bonus (83%) 3-40 (median 17), end of year bonus (99%) 1-60 (median 25)

Industry: average: 54K. range: 31-77, median 55 sign on bonus (58%) 2-22 (median 10), end of year bonus (91%) 3-52 (median 10)

overall average: 59000

by region, the median salary in the UK is 60 (range 35-108) (if you're particularly interested, the 114 is in asia)

epony
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 785

To: dalit

Thanks for the very detailed account!

Finally we're getting some clear answers on one of the most critical factors in the decision whether or not to apply to a top 10 MBA programme.

By the way, putting tax issues aside, it's clear that finance/consulting jobs in London will likely earn a GBP 90K yearly salary, including the annual bonus!

According to: http://www.london.edu/mba/feesandfinancing.html, after the 21 month program, you are in debt of GBP 42K for tuition, and some GBP 42K for all living expenss (estimated…).

An average position in consulting/finance (which is more than twice as likely to be avchieved than an industry job, acording to: http://www.london.edu/assets/documents/PDF/EmploymentReport2004.pdf) will get you a projected net annual salary of GBP 45K, two-thirds of which will be spent on housing, transportation, food and drinks, etc. whioch leaves you with approx. GBP 15K to cover your GBP 84K debt.

This means you'll need 6 years to cover all of your expenses…

Of course this is a ludicrous calculation to begin with, since both salaries and bonuses will significantly increase over those 6 years, not to mention the exntensive amount of guesstimates put into it.

Hmm… I just realized how bored I must be to write all of this down!

dalit
    חבר

Dude, if you are planning to take a loan and increase your debt by the full amount I would suggest you re-think the idea of an MBA abroad.

LPOW
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 200

Dalit,

I am planning to finance my MBA entirely from loans :)

dalit
    חבר

To: LPOW

good luck.

You might want to look into the PE sector for a job…

LPOW
    חבר

that is not encouraging :) ….. I hope to cover those costs in a few years… I hope i'm not mad.

goal1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 39

Dalit,

Don't discourage people.

If the return on investment was not worth it, no one would have gone through it, even those that don't need to loan a cent.

Are you freezing there like us here?

epony
    חבר

Dalit & all,

I don't plan to leverage the entire MBA tuition, but being a realistic person, it woun't be easy to finance a $75,000 expense, and as Dalit referred earlier to sunk costs, we should always look at the bigger picture, alternative costs and gross expenses over the project's timeline before assessing its chances of success.

Therefore, if we look at attaining an MBA degree in a top-10 school, we can't simply ignore the fact that the tuition requires a trmendous expense, and almost surely some sort of financing.

The standard tool for such a financing decision is the ROI or Return On Investment. It basically gives us the number of years after the investment has been made that it would take us to cover the original expense made.

Now, there are several websites that perform this calculation for you, taking into account the lost salary for te 1-2 years your studying full-time without making any money, and also the average rate of salary growth post-graduation (apparently, you should expect a 4.5% growth in your salary every year if your working in finance in London…)

Please refer to: http://www.forbes.com/2005/08/16/cz_05mba_business_schools_gain_calulator.html for Forbes magazine's ROI calculation of an MBA programme.

Be advised that you still have to make some critical assumptions, but this is a good precursor to the time it would take you to repay your MBA tuition.

If anyone has an BusinessWeek MBA Insider account, you can find (and maybe share with the rest of us?) an ROI calculator there as well…

The good news is that my calculations were exaggerated, mainly by accounting for living expenses on one hand, and not acounting for annual growth in salary post-graduation on the other hand.

In any case, Forbes's calculator estimates 2.25 years ROI if you get a GBP 60K salary with a 4.6% annual growth after graduation – much better than my 6 years estimation!!!

dalit
    חבר

well, I am risking myself by sounding disencouraging again, but I think you all should know exactly were you are standing: last time I checked the interest in the HSBC loan for LBS student was more than 6%…

LPOW
    חבר

Please note it will take you longer than 2.5 years to pay back your debts as you will need approx 35K GBP to live in london. This is a long term investment – therefore you should consider if you are willing to live abroad for 6+ years (MBA + work) unless you have a wealthy spouse :)

Its bye bye Israel for some time…..

ofirr
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 28

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p><p align=left dir=ltr>hi,
    just thuoght i add my 2 cents for this discussion,
    you should remember that there is the British Counil scholarship for ~22K GBP (application deadline is today i think), and on top of that there are nomerous school and external scholarships.
    in addition, in case you are married, your partner WILL get a work permit, so over all you are not not as deep in the hole as you think.

all in all, an MBA abroad IS an investment, on top of the fact the you are going to let go of your current salary,

that said, like the logo of a small company i know states – "Just do It" !!

good luck

Ofir Rosenzweig
    orosenzweig.mba2007@london.edu
    </p>

ofek
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 121

To: All

Hello All,

I will be holding an informal information session about INSEAD this coming Sunday 25/12:

INSEAD – Informal Information Session

When: 25/12 19:00

Where: Aroma – Herzliya Pituch

Amir
    (054-4804424, [email protected])

porata
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 50

To: ofek

Amir, thanks for your time at Aroma!

epony
    חבר

Hi all,

Regarding the financing issue, here's an interesting take on the matter: http://www.businessweek.com/print/bschools/content/mbajournal/03adler/9.htm?chan=bs

king051
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hello all…

Does anyone know who study in germany?

What are the strong points of these universities?

if anyone know who study in germany please to apostrophize:

[email protected]

Thank you …

ofirr
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 28

hi there,

i could not let this go…..
    remember that summer internship and second year project are worth on average 10,000£
    you might get a scholarship (i got the British council=22,000£) and there are A LOT of school scholarships

you get a signing bonus of around 15,000-18,000£

crunch these numbers, calc. the NPV,ROI etc…

and remember that there is always latvia univ.

any more lbs questions, you can drop me an email to orosenzweig.mba2007@london.edu

good luck !

אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

היי,

אשמח אם תוכל לענות לי על מספר שאלות לגבי Insead בתוך סטודנט בביה"ס:

1.האם היית ממליץ על לימודים בביה"ס גם למי שמתעד להחליף מקצוע (היי-טק>יעוץ ניהולי או הון סיכון) בהנתן שהתכנית רק באורך שנה?

2. האם יש יתרון במקרה הזה למי שמתחיל ללמוד בדצמבר ועושה התמחות בקיץ?

3. בהנחה שאחזור לארץ מיד לאחר הלימודים, האם יש כל יתרון לבוגר Insead על כל בוגר MBA בארץ (אני יודע של-Insead יש את רשת הבוגרים הגדולה בארץ).

תודה,

אייל

epony
    חבר

Hi Amir,

Can you please reply with the current Israeli headcount in INSEAD (both Jan. and Sep. intakes, Singapore data less important)?

Thanks in advance!

epony
    חבר

To: אייל

אהלן אייל (וכל השאר),

ביקרתי ב-INSEAD בשבוע שעבר (בצרפת…), ולהלן מספר רשמים בנוגע למוסד, לתכנית וכיו"ב:

1. נאמר לי שם במפורש שהיחידים שמומלץ להם לעשות את ההתמחות בקיץ (רק למי שמתחילים ללמוד בדצמבר, כאמור) הם אנשים המעוניינים בקריירה בבנקאות (השקעות). יתר על כן, במצגת שהעבירו למבקרים נאמר שכ-60% מהסטודנטים שנרשמים להתמחות, מבטלים את ההרשמה בסופו של דבר!

2. באשר לנושא משך הלימודים, שיהיה לך ברור שהתכנית של INSEAD אינטנסיבית מאוד! מדובר על 10 חודשים נטו של 12 שעות ביום (6 שעות של הרצאות ועוד 6 שעות של מטלות, קבוצות לימוד, ספריה וכיו"ב)

3.לגבי חזרה מיידית לארץ, אני מציע שתנסה ליצור קשר עם ארגון הבוגרים בארץ ותתייעץ איתם – יכול להיות שהם יוכלו אפילו להפנות אותך לבוגר טרי שחזר זה לא מכבר לארץ וישמח לתת לך עוד פרטים: http://www.inseadalumni-israel.org/ (רד עד למטה בדף הבית ותמצא את פרטי ההתקשרות)

לסיום, במקרה ומישהו פיספס את הכתבה של "הארץ" על אינסאד בשנה שעברה, אז בבקשה: http://news.walla.co.il/?w=//701864/@@/item/printer

gadishyoni
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

Hi,

Has anyone applied or intend to apply to Insead Jan 07 intake?

I submitted my application two weeks ago and wondered if anyone got any news already.

Thanks,

Yoni

אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

תודה על התשובה :-).

יש לי שאלה נוספת, ידוע לך אם בצרפת (מי שהולך לINSEAD כמובן) מקבל בן הזוג אישור עבודה (visa) באופן אוטומטי כמו באנגליה?

תודה,

אייל

dhallis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

שלום לכולם. אחרי מאמץ מרוכז של כחצי שנה, קיבלתי תשובה חיובית מ-insead. אני מתחיל באוגוסט הקרוב.

אם יש למישהו שאלות, אשמח לענות. doro[email protected]

בהצלחה!

eladsm
    חבר

To: giladi

Hi Giladi,

My name is Elad Simon and I'm planning to study in IESE next year.

I've spoken to several Israelis from IESE and I think I can help you.

Feel free to contact me at eladsm at gmail dot com.

You should also register to the information session IESE is conducting in Tel Aviv on April 5th. You can register through their website.

Elad

Edith IE
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

To: giladi

Hi

I am an Instituto de Empresa (IE) alumnus (Madrid).

If anyone needs some info about the IMBA/school/Madrid –
    Please do not hesitate to contact me.

[email protected]

Edith

ofek
    חבר

הי אייל,

סליחה על התשובה המאוחרת, אבל כאמור התוכנית ב-INSEAD אינטנסיבית…

2. – 1. כמו כל דבר : it depends… בהחלט יש קשי רב בשינוי כיוון לאחר שנה או שנתיים אם ללא התמחות. לעומת זאת אם תיגש למחזור של ינואר תוכל לנסות להתקבל להתמחות ואז סיכוייך ישתפרו מאוד. כמו כן, מנסיוני כאן כעת ב-INSEAD הרבה יותר קשה לעשות שינוי לכיוון פיננסי מאשר לכיוון של יעוץ למשל.

3. אני חושב שהעובדה שלמדת באחת התוכניות המובילות בעולם בהחלט אומרת משהו. כפי שציינת יש גם יתרון של ארגון הבוגרים הרחב שבהחלט יכול לסייע.

אם יש לך שאלות נספות אל תהסס.

בשמחה.

ofek

ofek
    חבר

Hi epony,

Now there are 28 Israelis at INSEAD (14 from each promotion).

Ofek

ofek
    חבר

הי אייל,

לא, בן הזוג בצרפת אינו ראשי אוטומטי לאשרת עבודה, אלא אם כן היא/הוא בעל דרכון של האיחוד האירופאי, או אם הוא עובד ב-INSEAD.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p>הי,

האם זה נכון שאוניברסיטאות רבות באירופה אינן דורשות את הטופל?

gadishyoni
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

Hi,

I got an invitation for interview from INSEAD.

Has anyone applied or planning to apply to Jan 07 intake?

Has anyone been interview by them? tips or any info would be appreciated

If anyone has any question about them up to the interview I will be more than happy to assist.

Yoni

robertok
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

To: 700wannabe

IMD אינה דורשת טופל

dhallis
    חבר

To: gadishyoni

אני אשמח לעזור לך. עברתי את כל התהליך ל-Insead, ומתחיל את הלימודים באוגוסט. אתה מוזמן לפנות אליי ל- doronhallis shtrudel gmail dot com.

בהצלחה…

דורון

jhammer
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 68

I found two links of rankings:
    both from 2006, but quite different regarding the europrean institutes:
    Business Week:
    1-IMD 2-INSEAD 3-ESADE 4-LBS 5-IESE 6-HEC – Paris
    Financial Times:
    1-LBS 2-INSEAD 3-Instituto de Empresa 4-IESE 5-IMD 6-Oxford
    7-HEC – Paris 8-Manchester 9-Erasmus (Netherlands) 10-ESADE
    Which one is more reliable?
    Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

To: jhammer

Hi,

It's not a question of reliability. Each one of them ranks according to its own criteria.

Itai.

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

In addition,

don't look at these rankings as sssooo important

they are good measures to ball-park and see the tier of the school you are aiming for

I think from the two rankings you put there it is clear which schools belong to the top tier

A

rancito100
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

To: gadishyoni

Hi Yoni

How are you? my name is Ran and I am also a candidate to the Insead 2007 January intake( 2nd round though). Please contact me to [email protected] I have several questions to you incase Insead will ever invite me tp an interview.

Thanks

kadmi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

Hi all,

Does anybody know if the current essays' topics of INSEAD are valid for the September 2007 application?

Kadmi

ylange
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

To: kadmi

Hi all,

Just as a follow-up on all those rankings conversations going on – her is a summary of the major rankings published by FT in 2005, it gives a wider perspective on the situation. http://www.ft.com/cms/3b554180-918b-11da-bab9-0000779e2340.pdf

Enjoy, Yuval.

ylange
    חבר

Hi all,

I visited Oxford (Said) BS in June on an open-day and will gladly share details with whoever is interested.

Also, I'm planning on visiting INSEAD in September, it could be nice to meet a fellow Israeli studying there…

Yuval.

epony
    חבר

To: ylange

Hi Yuval,

I'd like to hear some more about the Oxford (Said) B-School.

You can reply here (for everyone's sake) or drop me an email

ylange
    חבר

Hi,

I think it is best if you direct me to specific details you are interested in.

Some of the information I gathered from visiting there, most of it I got from elsewhere.

Yuval.

ofek
    חבר

To: rancito100

Hi Ran,

I'll be happy to help you too if you want, feel free to email me at:

[email protected]

Cheers,

Amir

Ori_no5
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 49

שלום לכולם,

בעבר נפלה לידי כתבה שדירגה את תכניות ה-MBA. כפי שאתם וודאי יודעים, יש אינספור דירוגים כאלה, אלא שזאת התייחסה לנתון חשוב ומעניין – דירוג על פי value per money.

במילים פשוטות – תוך כמה זמן בוגר התכנית מחזיר את ההשקעה בתואר.

לא הצלחתי לאתר את הכתבה ההיא והייתי שמח אם מישהו יכול לכוון אותי לסטטיסטיקה כזאת, עם דגש על התכניות באירופה.

תודה מראש

izaak
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

האם מישהו יודע על אפשרויות המחיה באינסיאד לאדם דתי בעל ילדים קטנים?

אוכל כשר, חינוך לילדים וכו'

צחי

ofek
    חבר

To: izaak

הי צחי,

ובכן תלוי לאיזה קמפוס אתה מתכוון:
    בפונטינבלו יש קהילה יהודית קטנה (בערך 50 יהודים) יש שם גם בית-כנסת פעיל בחגים ובשבתות (ממש צמוד לארמון). אוכל כשר ניתן למצוא ללא כל בעיה בפריס כמובן וגם בחנות הכל בו הגדולה Carrefour יש פינה של אוכל כשר (לא המון מגוון כמו בפריס). מבחינת גן ילדים יהודי, למיטב ידעתי לא קיים בפנטינבלו, ולא נראה לי הגיוני לשלוח את הילדים לגן יהודי בפריס (זה קצת רחוק מדי עם הפקקים בבוקר ובערב כל יום). אבל אני משוכנע שיש גני ילדים בפונטינבלו שאין להם דגש נוצרי ושניתן לבקש למצוא פתרון לעניין האוכל הכשר (שווה אולי לשאול את הקהילה היהודית בפונטינבלו).

בסינגפור אני יודע שיש די הרבה ישראלים וגם שם יש בית כנסת פעיל במרכז העיר. אני לא יודע לגבי גני ילדים יהודיים בסינגפור, אבל לגני הילדים שם אין כל צביון דתי. איני יודע גם לגבי אוכל כשר, אבל אני מניח שלא צריכה להיות בעיה, כי בסינגפור באמת אפשר למצוא הכל.

מקווה שזה עזר.

אמיר

epony
    חבר

שלום לכולם,

האם מישהו נרשם לאירוע של אינסאד במשרדי TASC בעזריאלי ביום שני הבא (15/1)?

נרשמתי וקיבלתי אישור השתתפות היום, ואשמח מאוד לחבר פרצופים לכינויים!

IchiBan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 216

אני מקווה להיות שם למרות שלפי ההזמנה כבר אין מקום בפאנל =)

epony
    חבר

To: IchiBan

זאת לא סיבה להפסיד קוקטייל!

Limch
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 323

היי

אני עדיין לא בטוחה אם אני מגיעה (כעיקרון בכלל לא נרשמתי אבל לא נראה לי שזה ממש משנה) כי יש לי ישיבה שאמורה להתחיל בחמש ולהגמר בשבע (במקרה הטוב) אז למי שהולך בבקשה תבקשו התייחסות לסוגיה הבאה שמצאתי ב-BW:

hi all,

just a word of caution to those who have not secured the funds for the MBA program – INSEAD can not guarantee that admitted students will be granted loans – actually about 90% of admitted students for January 2007 (myself included) who applied for loans with the HSBC International got their loan applications REJECTED. So, explore other options before admission. I wish I knew this before I applied.

best regards, Nick

הודעת המשך

I am home so I cannot answer your question about Fony and Sgp :-)

I could not enrol because of lack of funds. And I am not the only one – I know a few other admits who had to turn down INSEAD's offer of admission for the same reason.

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 101 עד 150 (מתוך 262 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.