Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 1: שאל את ארינגו: תהליך הקבלה

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 201 עד 250 (מתוך 1,134 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • aringo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1368

In reply to Ohadbar1 from October 31 2003

Hi Gilam, Thanks for your reply. – as for the additional information you stated could help you evaluate:

About the non-profit organization, i established it after graduating high school and for three years (through most of my service in the army) – it was recognized by the army and they encouraged it by the special position i was granted which allowed me to continue to lead the organization.

You are right, this is impressive and extraordinary! A big + on the community side.

second, you mentioned you also tried to establish a forum- could you write a bit about it… (very interesting)

In my case I used some contacts in the Chinese embassy here and through that organized a meeting between a delegation from a university in Beijing and Tel Aviv University, which led to academic cooperation.

Regarding the Gmat – i took a course which i was the top of the class, and the truth is, i expected a much higher score (on Math) – the preparation tests i took indicated a much higher score (48-50) but the truth is i am no professional on tests like this, and would like to avoid retaking the if not necessary. (potentially could receive 30 more points but I do not think that would be the side which I should emphisis on my application – gpa and test scores)

I think the main focus of my application should be, trying to show my other qualities regarding my experience with establishing and buck and boosting projects (the entrepreneur side) which I can definitely show with great detail on an application.

That's great. Keep in mind that most schools like to evaluate the candidate on a multitude of dimensions, including leadership skills, teamwork skills, analytical skills, entrepreneurieal spirit and quite a few more… the most successful candidates are usually (not always) the "well rounded" ones, the ones that demonstrate strength across the board.

I do not believe I should compete with the finance and consulting applicants on their positions (which most of the time also have very high GPA’s and Gmat’s) because I believe I can offer the MBA programs something else…

I can apply between now and in 2 years (the most important thing is to enter a top school)after receiving post-graduate work experience, and I could also now decide in which direction my work should be. ( I have an option to enter the financial industry…) But again, that (please correct me if I’m wrong) does not highlight me regarding other applicants.

I agree, the point would be being who you are, and doing great at that, rather than trying to be who you aren't in order to fit the "business school mold". Schools are looking to create a diverse class, and admit great sportsmen, artists, politicians, volunteers, musicians, entrepreneurs – it is sometimes easier to go this route.

would it be a bit easier for me to be accepted to the top schools to marketing instead of finance?

Not sure about this. It really depends which school. Possibly yes.

and last, what wouold be the career path (job) i should now persue in israel inorder to enhance my chances regarding finance (instead of international markeing in high-tech) . for about 2-3 years?

Uh, I wish there would be an easy answer to this… we need to speak in length in order to figure this one out. In general, "finance" schools seek competent, mature individuals and not necessarily "finance" guys (most of their class probably isn't "finance" guys).

I will most appreciate your response.

And again, Thank you very very much

You're welcome. Good luck!

Gilam

aringo
    חבר

In reply to ירון from October 31 2003

הכוונה היא שרוב מי שהתקבל נרשם בסיבוב הראשון.

גילעם

omerl
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

Hi Gilam

i scored a 730 on my gmat the other day 44 verbal and 47 math

in 99 iscored 700 but with 49 (93%) in math and only 37 in verbal

is the 47 in math (82%) too low for the top schools?

should I emphasize the previous score then?

Also, do u have any idea which schools offer some aid other than loans (scholarhips..)

thnx

omer l.

hawk
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Hi Gilam,

I'm trying to evaluate my chances of getting into one of the top 5-10 B-schools. My main question is whether I should retake the GMAT. I'd be very gratefull if you could advice me from your experience.

Education –

B.Sc. (cum laude) and M.Sc.in engineering & Information systems

Experience (post degree) –

2 years in the Intelligence corps – in a planning and budgeting devision

4 years in the corps as a software development team leader. an officer.

Community service –

joined a few non-profit organizations, but just as a simple volunteer.

Drawbacks –

lack of real-world business experience. No international experience.

I scored 640 in my GMAT (48 M, 31 V) although my english is rather good (TOEFL 267).

I know the info I've given is brief, but what do you think ? Should I retake the test ? Is it a must ? or should I rather put in extra effort in my essays and my reccomendations ?

I'd be glad for your prompt answer.

Thank you very much in advance.

Ohadbar1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

In reply to Gilam from November 04 2003

Just returned from the Gmat (after i took my first one last week- 670 44M 38V) and now got a 700 (49M 36V) is this sufficiant for a top5 regarding the info you know about me…

by the way, is stanford a potential shot for me? (are grads being empolyed in finance?)

Thanks

mbaq
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

גילעם שלום,

האם את מכתבי ההמלצה רצוי שהממליצים יכתבו כתשובות לשאלות שהאוניברסיטה מציגה או כמכתב אחד מובנה שעונה על השאלות אבל לא בהכרח בסדר שהן הוצגו?

danidin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

שלום גילעם,

האם אתה יודע על ישראלים שכבר קיבלו השנה זימון לראיון בוורטון ? כמה כאלו יש ?

תודה

aringo
    חבר

In reply to mbaq from November 08 2003

גילעם שלום,

האם את מכתבי ההמלצה רצוי שהממליצים יכתבו כתשובות לשאלות שהאוניברסיטה מציגה או כמכתב אחד מובנה שעונה על השאלות אבל לא בהכרח בסדר שהן הוצגו?

שאלה מצויינת. לינדה מיהן מקולומביה, ששתארח כאן בצ'אט עוד כמה ימים, מגדירה את זה יפה: "אין לנו בעיה שיכתבו מכתבים אחידים לבתי ספר שבעדיפות נמוכה אצלהם. בסה"כ הם צריכים לכתוב שני מכתבים: מכתב אחד שעונה על השאלות (לקולומביה) ומכתב אחיד לשאר המקומות". הגישה הזו בדיוק מייצגת רבות מוועדות הקבלה. את יכולה להתקבל גם אם תעשי את זה, אבל זה בד"כ יפגע (ולעיתים משמעותית) באפקטיביות של האפליקיישן שלך.מכתבי ההמלצה חשובים, אם את צריכה דוגמאות צרי קשר ואנסה לעזור.

גילעם

aringo
    חבר

In reply to omerl from November 05 2003

Hi Gilam

i scored a 730 on my gmat the other day 44 verbal and 47 math

That's very high for Israelis, especially your verbal part.

in 99 iscored 700 but with 49 (93%) in math and only 37 in verbal

is the 47 in math (82%) too low for the top schools?

I don't think so.

should I emphasize the previous score then?

Assuming you have to select one, I would select the higher one. If you have a B.Sc. degree of some sort with high grades, you can specifically rest assured that there will be no issue. But in any case, you are likely to be OK+ on the GMAT side (in general, I think that the GMAT is 10-20% of what determines whether you will be admitted).

Also, do u have any idea which schools offer some aid other than loans (scholarhips..)

Virtually all schools offer merit-based full tuition scholarships and part-tuition scholarships. For example, last year one of our candidates got a $70,000 such scholarship to one of his favorite schools. These scholarships are granted to candidates that the school really appreciates, loves their application, and wants to make sure they are on board. In addition, there are some scholarships for Israelis, I mostly run into them if one of our candidates gets them (for example, last year's 10,000 pounds schoarship at LBS). In addition, there are lots of peculiar scholarships (e.g. for students from developing countries). You will usually know about these only after your admission.

thnx

You're welcome. Good luck!

aringo
    חבר

In reply to hawk from November 05 2003

Hi Gilam,

I'm trying to evaluate my chances of getting into one of the top 5-10 B-schools. My main question is whether I should retake the GMAT. I'd be very gratefull if you could advice me from your experience.

Education –

B.Sc. (cum laude) and M.Sc.in engineering & Information systems

Experience (post degree) –

2 years in the Intelligence corps – in a planning and budgeting devision

4 years in the corps as a software development team leader. an officer.

Community service –

joined a few non-profit organizations, but just as a simple volunteer.

Drawbacks –

lack of real-world business experience. No international experience.

I scored 640 in my GMAT (48 M, 31 V) although my english is rather good (TOEFL 267).

I know the info I've given is brief, but what do you think ? Should I retake the test ? Is it a must ? or should I rather put in extra effort in my essays and my reccomendations ?

In light of your strong TOEFL (which indicates that you can do better on the verbal part) and your focus on top 10 schools, I would re-take the GMAT if I were you. I often see candidates like yourself achieving improvements of 30-80 points without that much effort (reading the ETS book at night for a few weeks, for example). One of our candidates who just got into a top 5 school had your score, did just that, and passed the 700. You are right to say that you can't afford to hurt the quality of your essays if you want to get into a top 10 school. It will be hard to juggle the two, I know…

I'd be glad for your prompt answer.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sure, much luck.

Gilam

aringo
    חבר

In reply to Ohadbar1 from November 06 2003

Just returned from the Gmat (after i took my first one last week- 670 44M 38V) and now got a 700 (49M 36V) is this sufficiant for a top5 regarding the info you know about me…

Well done! Good improvement. The psychology of a "7" prefix is sometimes significant.

Each year, candidates are admitted to top 5 schools with GMAT scores ranging from 600 to 800… and people come to me with a GMAT of 760 and ask "howcome I was rejected by all schools?" The school estimate that I gave you last time pretty much holds, with a bit more optimism now than before.

by the way, is stanford a potential shot for me? (are grads being empolyed in finance?)

Yes (stretch) and yes.

Thanks

You're welcome. Behatzlacha!

Gilam

aringo
    חבר

In reply to danidin from November 09 2003

שלום גילעם,

תודה

עדיין לא ידוע לי על מישהו. אני מופתע, כי בד"כ יוצרים איתי קשר לצורך הכנה לראיון, ושיחררו כבר בקשות ראיון רבות, אך לא ידוע לי על ישראלים שקיבלו. אני מניח שהשבוע הן יגיעו.

גילעם

mbaq
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

In reply to Gilam from November 09 2003

גילעם שלום, ותודה על התשובה. אבל אני צריך לחדד את השאלה. האם המכתב צריך להיות בצורת מכתב או תשובות לשאלות (שאלה תשובה וכן הלאה)?

aringo
    חבר

In reply to mbaq from November 09 2003

שאלה ותשובה, או רק לכתוב את מספר השאלה ואת התשובה.

גילעם

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

Hi all,

Regarding Wharton Interviews:

from my experience last year- all the Israelis recevied the invitation for the interview

on the same day (last year it was the day before the deadline)

so do not worry (too much)

Assaf

danidin
    חבר

In reply to Assaf Wand from November 09 2003

Thanks! This allows some comfort for the meantime.

lihi
    חבר

היי גלעם,

עד לפני שבוע חשבתי על תחילת לימודים רק בעוד כשנתיים, ספטמבר 2005, אבל עקב כל מיני שינויים התחלתי לחשוב אולי להזדרז ולנסות להספיק עוד השנה.

אני נגשת ל- GMAT בעוד שבועיים, אבל עוד לא עשיתי שום דבר אחר לגבי הרישום. יש לי נסיון ניהולי בעבודה, עם המלצות חמות, GMAT בסבירות גבוהה סביב ה- 680 – 700. המטרה שלי בגדול היא ניו יורק, בעדיפות כמובן לקולומביה. ראיתי באתר שלהם שהרישום הוא מהחמישי לינואר עד הראשון למרץ.

שלוש שאלות –

א. יש הבדל אם הבקשה שלי מגיעה בינואר או במרץ מבחינת סיכויי קבלה?

ב. האם יותר קשה להתקבל שנה לאחר מכן אם עושים re-application?

ג. זה בכלל ריאלי להספיק לעשות את זה לשנה הקרובה?

אשמח לתשובה מהירה!!

תודה!!

aringo
    חבר

In reply to lihi from November 09 2003

היי גלעם,

עד לפני שבוע חשבתי על תחילת לימודים רק בעוד כשנתיים, ספטמבר 2005, אבל עקב כל מיני שינויים התחלתי לחשוב אולי להזדרז ולנסות להספיק עוד השנה.

אני נגשת ל- GMAT בעוד שבועיים, אבל עוד לא עשיתי שום דבר אחר לגבי הרישום. יש לי נסיון ניהולי בעבודה, עם המלצות חמות, GMAT בסבירות גבוהה סביב ה- 680 – 700. המטרה שלי בגדול היא ניו יורק, בעדיפות כמובן לקולומביה. ראיתי באתר שלהם שהרישום הוא מהחמישי לינואר עד הראשון למרץ.

שלוש שאלות –

א. יש הבדל אם הבקשה שלי מגיעה בינואר או במרץ מבחינת סיכויי קבלה?

כן, בד"כ יש הבדל משמעותי מבחינת סיכויי הקבלה. מעבר לכך, יש הבדל מסויים (וייתכן משמעותי) אם הבקשה שלך מגיעה לקולומביה בנובמבר, למשל, או בינואר כיוון שמדובר במערכת של rolling admission – הבקשות נבדקות לבי סדר הגעתן.

ב. האם יותר קשה להתקבל שנה לאחר מכן אם עושים re-application?

תלוי למה דחו אותך. במקרים רבים קל יותר להתקבל אם כבר פנית שנה קודם לכן – הבקשה שלך תהיה מקצועית יותר (נסיון…) והעקביות מראה על מוטיבציה, נחישות ורצינות.

ג. זה בכלל ריאלי להספיק לעשות את זה לשנה הקרובה?

כן. במקרה הספציפי של קולומביה (מערכת של "הרשמה מתגלגלת") כדאי לפנות בהקדם, ברגע שהאפליקיישן שלך מוכן. נושא ה"דדליין במרץ" בטבלה שלהם מטעה מעט, למעשה כדאי לפנות מוקדם – בהנחה שאת שלמה עם האיכות.

אשמח לתשובה מהירה!!

תודה!!

בבקשה והרבה בהצלחה.

עומר
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 49

In reply to Gilam from November 09 2003

יש לך מושג למה הישראלים מקבלים את הזימונים יותר מאוחר מהאחרים?

עומר
    חבר

גילעם, שמעת משהו על איזה מפגש של סטנפורד בישראל שהיה לפני כמה ימים?

עומר
    חבר

כמה אנשים היו שם?

אמרו משהו מעניין?

Michal71
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

גילעם שלום,

שאלה דחופה בקשר להמלצות.

כנדרש מכתב חופשי מהממליץ למי צריך להפנות אותו, ז"א מה צריך להיות כתוב במשפט פתיחה ובחתימה שלו?

תודה

עומר
    חבר

גילעם. היה לי ראיון בקלוג ולמרות שהמראיין היה אחלה של בן אדם, היה משהו מאד מציק בראיון. לאורך כל הראיון המראיין כתב כל מה שאמרתי. הראש שלו היה קבור כל הזמן בדף והשיחה בינינו לא הייתה שוטפת כי רוב הזמן הוא בכלל לא הסתכל עלי. אני הרגשתי שזה מאד פגע באיכות של הראיון כי הוא לא זרם כמו שציפיתי. אמנם בסוף הראיון הוא נתן לי פידבק חיובי אז אני לא דואג, אבל אני רוצה להבין את התהליך. האם גם בשאר בתי הספר, לדוגמת וורטון, המראיין מבלה את כל הראיון כותב דברים במקום לנהל שיחה שוטפת?

aringo
    חבר

In reply to Michal71 from November 11 2003

גילעם שלום,

שאלה דחופה בקשר להמלצות.

כנדרש מכתב חופשי מהממליץ למי צריך להפנות אותו, ז"א מה צריך להיות כתוב במשפט פתיחה ובחתימה שלו?

צריך להפנות את המכתב אל ועדת הקבלה של בית הספר או אל ראש ועדת הקבלה. המכתב צריך להתייחס ספציפית למועמדותך לאותו בית ספר מסויים. אני לא בטוח מהי השאלה לגבי החתימה – בעיקרון הממליץ צריך לחתום על המכתב, אם זו השאלה.

aringo
    חבר

In reply to עומר from November 11 2003

גילעם. היה לי ראיון בקלוג ולמרות שהמראיין היה אחלה של בן אדם, היה משהו מאד מציק בראיון. לאורך כל הראיון המראיין כתב כל מה שאמרתי. הראש שלו היה קבור כל הזמן בדף והשיחה בינינו לא הייתה שוטפת כי רוב הזמן הוא בכלל לא הסתכל עלי. אני הרגשתי שזה מאד פגע באיכות של הראיון כי הוא לא זרם כמו שציפיתי. אמנם בסוף הראיון הוא נתן לי פידבק חיובי אז אני לא דואג, אבל אני רוצה להבין את התהליך. האם גם בשאר בתי הספר, לדוגמת וורטון, המראיין מבלה את כל הראיון כותב דברים במקום לנהל שיחה שוטפת?

זו בחירה של המראיין. המראיין צריך לכתוב את רשמיו. הוא יכול לעשות זאת במהלך הראיון או לאחריו. מקובל שהמראיין כותב במהלך הראיון, אם כי הרוב לא כותבים במהלך הראיון או כותבים מעט. חלק מהמראיינים ישאלו אותך בפתיחה אם זה בסדר שהם יכתבו במהלך הראיון. ייתכן גם שזו דרך לבדוק את המרואיין, את גישתו לבעיות ואת תגובותיו (אם כי זה לא נשמע לי המקרה הספציפי שאתה מתאר).

גילעם

aringo
    חבר

In reply to gal from November 11 2003

Hello Gilam,

I'm a third year student studying for my first degree in the "Michlala Leminhal" (behavioral science with managment= psychology of managment) and i've decided to look into doing my MBA in the USA.

I looked into some collages and universities already but i don't know how to start my search, what to ask?

I have an american citizenship, but my english is not at an academic level (having living in Israel from the age of 11), so i'm a bit worried that studying over there would be tough for me.

I have a NY citizen card so i looked into "Baruch" – ny city collage, wich is concidered to be a good bussiness school (and associated subjects) and is considerably cheaper then most places. Do you know if there are any tuisions avalable for someone like me?

I assume you are asking about scholarships… yes, Baruch has merit scholarships as far as I know. Baruch is a very good b-school (among the top 5% of schools in the US) with an excellent location (NYC).

Do you know of any schools that offer help in school work (i heard that there is a special program like that at penn state?)? How can i find out more info about my questions?

I do not know of a school that has a special program in that regard. Most support is done in an informal way (student volunteers, teaching assistants, private tutors). A good way to get info about this is probably to contact the school and ask about it (or find relevant info on their site). Does any other forum member know about such program?

Thanks you,

You're welcome. Much luck,

Gilam

gideon_z
    חבר

In reply to Gilam from November 12 2003

Hi,

I am an applicant who has an engineering BSC degree. I have just started an MBA in Israel (TAU) but plan to apply to Wharton for 2004 (I started the local MBA as a fallback) . Should I mention in the application that I have already started a different MBA program? Would it help or harm my application?

By the way, in the local MBA I am studying subjects that I haven't studied before such as statistics, economy, and marketing.

Thanks,

Gideon

IDO100
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 23

hi gilam

first' thank you so much for the vetial info in the chat ….

i have a ma in law + buisness and i'm looking for aprogram of mba that allows allective or consutraion in " energy managmant" do you know any one that those ( i saw in columbia that they have somting in the sipa but it only limmitted to dual degree)??

does having a good gre score(750) will help some how in the appelication to buisness schools??

what is recommended for the gmat intependent study? course( ihave in my gre 750 and on my pschomatriv test 740)

thank you so

ido

marco
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 24

Where can I read the Columbia chat?

מיכל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

גילעם שלום

אני סטודנטית שנה ג מינהל עסקים בקיריה האקדמית קרית אונו.

אני רוצה ללמוד תואר שני במנהל עסקים בלונדון.

לאיזה אוניברסיטאות כדאי לפנות ? מה תנאי הקבלה? איך נירשמים ומתי?

האם ניתן להתחיל ללמוד כבר הקיץ? מה שכר הלימוד. האם ניתן לבקש מילגה

ומהיכן .תודה .אשמח לתשובתך

מיכל

aringo
    חבר

In reply to gideon_z from November 12 2003

Hi,

I am an applicant who has an engineering BSC degree. I have just started an MBA in Israel (TAU) but plan to apply to Wharton for 2004 (I started the local MBA as a fallback) . Should I mention in the application that I have already started a different MBA program? Would it help or harm my application?

By the way, in the local MBA I am studying subjects that I haven't studied before such as statistics, economy, and marketing.

Thanks,

Gideon

Gideon, give me a call, I need more data and to run a few options by you. Will try to help you.

Gilam

aringo
    חבר

In reply to IDO100 from November 13 2003

hi gilam

first' thank you so much for the vetial info in the chat ….

i have a ma in law + buisness and i'm looking for aprogram of mba that allows allective or consutraion in " energy managmant" do you know any one that those ( i saw in columbia that they have somting in the sipa but it only limmitted to dual degree)??

Unfortunately I am not familiar with such programs…

does having a good gre score(750) will help some how in the appelication to buisness schools??

If your GMAT is significantly lower than that, you can mention this score in an essay (possibly the optional essay), it may impress some of the readers.

what is recommended for the gmat intependent study? course( ihave in my gre 750 and on my pschomatriv test 740)

I see people succeeding both ways… I am not an expert on this subject.

thank you so

You're welcome. Much luck!

Gilam

aringo
    חבר

In reply to marco from November 13 2003

Where can I read the Columbia chat?

Click on "IIMBA Chat" on the top left side of the screen.

aringo
    חבר

In reply to מיכל from November 15 2003

גילעם שלום

אני סטודנטית שנה ג מינהל עסקים בקיריה האקדמית קרית אונו.

אני רוצה ללמוד תואר שני במנהל עסקים בלונדון.

לאיזה אוניברסיטאות כדאי לפנות ? מה תנאי הקבלה? איך נירשמים ומתי?

האם ניתן להתחיל ללמוד כבר הקיץ? מה שכר הלימוד. האם ניתן לבקש מילגה

ומהיכן .תודה .אשמח לתשובתך

מיכל, השאלה לאן ומתי כדאי לפנות תלויה בנתונים שלך. אוכל לעזור לך אם תספרי קצת על הרקע שלך – נסיון עבודה, צבא, פעילות ציבורית, ציונים… כל אלה חשובים לצורך ההחלטה לאן לפנות ומתי.

גילעם

lihi
    חבר

היי גלעם,

אני עובדת כרגע ואני מפחדת שבקשה של מכתב המלצה מהבוס שלי תפגע בי בחברה הקיימת, במקרה ואני לא מתקבלת.

האם אתה חושב שיפגע בי אם אני אביא המלצות אחרות, בלי המלצה מבוס נוכחי, עם ניצול החיבור הנוסף שמסביר את העובדה הזו, או לקחת סיכון?

אם זה משנה לתשובה אז אני מדברת על קולומביה.

תודה!

ednali
    חבר

שלום גלעם, ותודה על הזמן שאתה מקדיש

אני מסיימת השנה תואר בכלכלה באוניברסיטה הפתוחה בממוצע 92 (נכון לעכשיו)

במהלך שנה וחצי עבדתי בתחום הביטוח האלמנטרי כסגנית מנהל מחלקה,לפני כן עבדתי בבנק במשך שנה בתחום המשכנתאות( לא בתפקיד ניהולי) ובמהלך הצבא שרתתי כמ"כית בנות .

כל העבודות במהלך הלימודים הן המשרה מלאה.

האם לדעתך יש לי צורך לצבור נסיון נוסף (של יותר משנה נוספת) לפני התחלת תהליך הגשת מועמדות ל MBA in the northeast

ושאלה נוספת : האם גילי הצעיר (22) יהווה בעיה?

בתודה מראש

ednalis

IDO100
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 23

hi gilam

first' thank you so much for the quik response

i have a ma in law + buisness- (deans list average 90) and i've been working for 3 years in a big law firm + a managmant office in a non profit org. for the last 2 years- and i'm thinking of mba.

fisrt ,how long before should i do the gmat and starts things- is it too late for enrollment in the fall of 2004? what about programs that starts in the spring ?

what about joint degree in int'l affirs and mba ( like The Lauder Program in wharton- or in columbia) is it doable? and what the chances of getting in ?

is it wise to use a professional aid in searching for a fellowship/ scholarships ? or to the appelication procces?

about the recommendation letters- i have a uniq one that is from the presedint of my university BUT it's genarall ( not answering the uni. deatiled questIons) is it useable? what about pepole who i work with that have" high status " can i use them >-(they are not my employ)

thank you so

IDO

Tzafrir
    חבר

גילעם שלום

אני מעוניין לעשות תואר שני במנע"ס באירופה (רצוי צרפת/ספרד) וברצוני לקבל הערכה לגבי סיכויי קבלתי לבתי"ס מובילים.

אני בן 34, סיימתי תואר ראשון במשפטים (83) וכלכלה (85) באונ' חיפה לפני 5 שנים. עבדתי כשנתיים וחצי במשרד עו"ד "נחשב" ומזה כשנה אני עצמאי. התחום שבו אני מתעניין במיוחד ורוצה לעסוק לאחר התואר (ובו התמחתי כע"ו"ד שכיר) הוא גיוסי הון פרטיים, קרנות הון סיכון וחברות סטארט-אפ. פרט לכך אין לי ניסיון "ניהולי" או מקצועי רלוונטי אחר (הייתי מדריך פסיכוטרי 5 שנים, אבל זה אולי יהיה רלוונטי ל- gmat)

האם ניסיוני התעסקותי מספק?

עדיין לא עשיתי

gmat

אבל אני משער שאצליח להוציא סביב ה- 700.

יש סיכוי לבי"ס כמו אינסאיד? אם לא, האם תוכל להמליץ על בתי"ס אחרים במדינות הנ"ל?

האם לבתי"ס כאלו יש יתרון מבחינת הרזומה על פני אונ' ת"א למשל?

תודה רבה,

צפריר

Tzafrir
    חבר

שוב שלום,

רציתי להוסיף כי אני מחזיק באזרחות צרפתית – האם הדבר מעניק לי יתרון כלשהו בקבלה/שכ"ל/מלגות/מציאת עבודה?

שוב תודה,

צפריר.

RMRG
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

In reply to מיכל from November 15 2003

מיכל,

גם אני למדתי בקריה האקדמית. אמנם אין לי מידע ספציפי רב על אוניברסיטאות באנגליה, אך אשמח לעזור ולכוון אותך לקראת MBA בחו"ל. כתבי לי ל- [email protected] .

marco
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 24

Gilam, do you know know if getting interview invitations for the second round (January) will be as hard as in the first round (October) or harder?

aringo
    חבר

In reply to lihi from November 16 2003

היי גלעם,

אני עובדת כרגע ואני מפחדת שבקשה של מכתב המלצה מהבוס שלי תפגע בי בחברה הקיימת, במקרה ואני לא מתקבלת.

האם אתה חושב שיפגע בי אם אני אביא המלצות אחרות, בלי המלצה מבוס נוכחי, עם ניצול החיבור הנוסף שמסביר את העובדה הזו, או לקחת סיכון?

אם זה משנה לתשובה אז אני מדברת על קולומביה.

תודה!

ליהי, את שואלת שאלה רגישה וקשה. חלק מבתי הספר דורשים במפורש המלצה ממעסיק נוכחי, וקולומביה הוא אחד מהם. במקומות כאלה תפגעי במיוחד אם לא תספקי אותה. כן, הסבר משכנע ומבוסס-עובדות בחיבור האופציונלי יעזור. אם את מרגישה שסביר שתתקבלי לפחות לאחד מהמקומות שאת פונה אליהם אולי כדאי לקחת את הסיכון ולשתף את הבוס. אם את מרגישה שסביר שלא – אולי כדאי להוסיף עוד בתי"ס.

גילעם

aringo
    חבר

In reply to ednali from November 16 2003

שלום גלעם, ותודה על הזמן שאתה מקדיש

ותודה על התודה

אני מסיימת השנה תואר בכלכלה באוניברסיטה הפתוחה בממוצע 92 (נכון לעכשיו)

במהלך שנה וחצי עבדתי בתחום הביטוח האלמנטרי כסגנית מנהל מחלקה,לפני כן עבדתי בבנק במשך שנה בתחום המשכנתאות( לא בתפקיד ניהולי) ובמהלך הצבא שרתתי כמ"כית בנות .

כל העבודות במהלך הלימודים הן המשרה מלאה.

האם לדעתך יש לי צורך לצבור נסיון נוסף (של יותר משנה נוספת) לפני התחלת תהליך הגשת מועמדות ל MBA in the northeast

ושאלה נוספת : האם גילי הצעיר (22) יהווה בעיה?

אני מניח שאת מצטיינת בתואר. אם המחשבה שלך היא לפנות כרגע, זה נשמע לי מוקדם מדי. אם המחשבה היא לפנות בעוד שנה – מוקדם אך לא בלתי אפשרי. אם לא תתקבלי אז היתה לך העלות של הפניה, אבל גם תלמדי הרבה מהתהליך לקראת השנה שאחרי.

כן, הגיל שלך צעיר בכחמש שנים מממוצע הגיל של הפונים מישראל. אם תפני עוד שנתיים או אף שלוש שנים מהיום סביר שסיכוייך יהיו גבוהים משמעותית מאשר אם תפני שנה מהיום.

בתודה מראש

בבקשה ובהצלחה!

aringo
    חבר

In reply to IDO100 from November 17 2003

hi gilam

first' thank you so much for the quik response

i have a ma in law + buisness- (deans list average 90) and i've been working for 3 years in a big law firm + a managmant office in a non profit org. for the last 2 years- and i'm thinking of mba.

fisrt ,how long before should i do the gmat and starts things- is it too late for enrollment in the fall of 2004? what about programs that starts in the spring ?

If you start the process now, including the GMAT, it is a bit too late for programs starting in Sept. 2004 (unless you apply in March-April, but it may be significantly harder to be admitted). I recommend completing the GMAT by June/July and then starting to work on the application for submission in October (about 11 months before the program starts). Yes, you still have time for spring programs, for which you can submit your application in the coming spring.

what about joint degree in int'l affirs and mba ( like The Lauder Program in wharton- or in columbia) is it doable? and what the chances of getting in ?

The schedule of such programs is often different, you need to check for each of these programs specifically. I am a graduate of the Lauder program – for this one you need to separately get into Wharton so the deadlines are derived from the Wharton schedule.

is it wise to use a professional aid in searching for a fellowship/ scholarships ? or to the appelication procces?

I offer such services through aringo. Such services often make a dramatic difference in the application, but they cost…

about the recommendation letters- i have a uniq one that is from the presedint of my university BUT it's genarall ( not answering the uni. deatiled questIons) is it useable? what about pepole who i work with that have" high status " can i use them >-(they are not my employ)

I have to see what's in the letter to give you an informed answer. Sometimes these letters can help, depending on the format and content. You are right to be concerned that sometimes such letters may backfire.

thank you so

Ido, you are welcome. Much luck with the process,

Gilam

aringo
    חבר

In reply to Tzafrir from November 17 2003

גילעם שלום

אני מעוניין לעשות תואר שני במנע"ס באירופה (רצוי צרפת/ספרד) וברצוני לקבל הערכה לגבי סיכויי קבלתי לבתי"ס מובילים.

אני בן 34, סיימתי תואר ראשון במשפטים (83) וכלכלה (85) באונ' חיפה לפני 5 שנים. עבדתי כשנתיים וחצי במשרד עו"ד "נחשב" ומזה כשנה אני עצמאי. התחום שבו אני מתעניין במיוחד ורוצה לעסוק לאחר התואר (ובו התמחתי כע"ו"ד שכיר) הוא גיוסי הון פרטיים, קרנות הון סיכון וחברות סטארט-אפ. פרט לכך אין לי ניסיון "ניהולי" או מקצועי רלוונטי אחר (הייתי מדריך פסיכוטרי 5 שנים, אבל זה אולי יהיה רלוונטי ל- gmat)

האם ניסיוני התעסקותי מספק?

בהחלט כן.

עדיין לא עשיתי

gmat

אבל אני משער שאצליח להוציא סביב ה- 700.

יש סיכוי לבי"ס כמו אינסאיד? אם לא, האם תוכל להמליץ על בתי"ס אחרים במדינות הנ"ל?

כן, זה יהיה בי"ס stretch מבחינתך. בנוסף מומלץ שתשקול את IESE, HEC, Empresa, ESCP, ESADE – כולם בתי"ס מובילים למנהל עסקים בצרפת ובספרד.

האם לבתי"ס כאלו יש יתרון מבחינת הרזומה על פני אונ' ת"א למשל?

במדינות הנ"ל – בהחלט. במציאת עבודה באירופה בכלל – יתרון מסויים (ויתרון גדול לאינסאד).

תודה רבה,

בבקשה ובהצלחה

גילעם

aringo
    חבר

In reply to Tzafrir from November 17 2003

שוב שלום,

רציתי להוסיף כי אני מחזיק באזרחות צרפתית – האם הדבר מעניק לי יתרון כלשהו בקבלה/שכ"ל/מלגות/מציאת עבודה?

כן – זה יכול לעזור, ולעיתים משמעותית, בעיקר בנושאי מלגות ומציאת עבודה.

שוב תודה,

שוב בהצלחה,

גילעם

ירון
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 28

Gilam, is it true that for the Lauder program one has to know another language besides Eng and Heb?

aringo
    חבר

In reply to danidin from November 09 2003

שלום גילעם,

תודה

ארבעה מהחבר'ה שעזרנו להם בסבב הנוכחי (סבב ראשון) קיבלו ראיון, החמישי שנעזר עוד מחכה (מחזיקים אצבעות, יש עוד כמה ימים…). מעבר לזה אני לא מכיר אישית עוד מישהו שקיבל ראיון, אני חושב שיש עוד.

גילעם

omtrip
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

גילעם שלום.,

רציתי סיוע בהערכת סיכויים בבקשה.

אני בן 32, עו"ד עם ניסיון פורמלי של שנה אחת כמתמחה במשרד גדול וידוע בת"א. לפני התמחותי עבדתי במשרה מלאה במקביל ללימודים כאחמ"ש וממלא מקום קב"ט במתקן אסטרטגי מאובטח והייתה לי אחריות ישירה לכמה עשרות עובדים, בוגר קורס חובלים עם 3 שנות קבע כמפקד, חלקם בתפקיד לחימה וחלקם בתפקיד מטה פיקודי. לצערי בשנתיים האחרונות הייתי פורמלית מובטל בעיקר עכב פציעה, למרות שעסקתי ביזמות עצמאית (שבשלב זה עדיין לא הבשילה).

האם הנסיון התעסוקתי שלי מספיק בכדי לנסות? האם מיעוט ה – post graduation experience הופך את הניסיון לגשת עכשיו מיותר?

האם לדעתך יש טעם לנסות את הסיבוב של ינואר הקרוב לקראת סתיו 2004 מבחינת הזמן שנותר בהנחה שיש לי gmat של 620 ?

מה עם מכתבי המלצה ? האחרון שיש ביכולתי להביא מלבד אלו מהצבא ומהמתקן המאובטח שיהיו כנראה חמים וטובים יהיה מההתמחות מה דעתך?

תודה מראש

אורן

ירון
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 28

In reply to Gilam from November 18 2003

גילעם, אתה מכיר reapplicants שקיבלו ראיונות כבר?

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 201 עד 250 (מתוך 1,134 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.