Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 2: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 501 עד 550 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • yarivd
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

שלום לכולם! הצטרפתי לפורום לאחרונה והבנתי שצריך לספר קצת על עצמי, אז קודם כל כמה דברים כלליים:
    אני בן 27, נשוי ומתגורר בתל-אביב.

היום אני מסיים התמחות בעריכת דין במשרד תל-אביבי פרטי מגודל בינוני.

סיימתי תואר ראשון במשפטים באוניברסיטה העברית בציון של 82.

בצבא הייתי קצין בתותחנים.

בשלב זה אני מתעניין ברצינות באפשרות של MBA בחו"ל, ועובד על ה- GMAT.

אחת השאלות שיש לי בנושא MBA בחו"ל היא:
    כיצד מציגים תואר ראשון במשפטים עם שאיפה להמשך בעולם העסקים – הבנתי שהחיבור פחות ברור בארה"ב משהו ברור לישראלים.

אני מקווה לתרום לקהילת הפורום ככל שיהיה לי מה לחדש.

אז בהצלחה לכולם,

yarivd

Klier
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

To: All

I thought the following article should motivate everyone.

Good Luck.

Or

By Jane J. Kim
    701 words
    16 December 2004
    Personal Finance
    The Wall Street Journal

Starting M.B.A. Salaries Are Rising — Business-School Graduates See Pay Packages Improve Amid Increased Recruiting
    By Jane J. Kim
    701 words
    16 December 2004
    D2
    English
    (Copyright (c) 2004, Dow Jones & Company, Inc.)

FOR THE FIRST TIME since the dot-com bust, business-school graduates are being offered stellar pay packages.

Officials at top business schools report that during this fall's recruiting season, salary offers and signing bonuses for M.B.A.s jumped significantly, especially for those seeking jobs as investment bankers and consultants.

And executives at major firms on Wall Street and elsewhere say they are hiring more people and returning to campuses this fall with more full-time offers to meet their growing business needs.

After remaining relatively stagnant since 2001, total compensation for M.B.A.s is matching the record levels of pay hit during the peak of the dot-com boom, according to the most recent survey by TopMBA.com, an online recruiting and education site. According to the survey, companies report that the average M.B.A. salary went above $82,000 in 2004, up more than 9% from 2003.

Among the M.B.A.s seeing the biggest increases: those with a focus on management consulting and finance. Average salaries in finance increased 21% to $98,477 in 2004 from $81,144 in 2003, while average salaries for management consultants jumped 16% to $86,233 during the same period, according to the survey.

The generous compensation packages come amid stronger economic signs. Banks and consulting firms — some of which had slashed their work force in recent years — are looking to boost their ranks.

Goldman Sachs Group Inc., for example, said it plans to hire roughly 200 M.B.A.s from the class of 2005, a 30% increase from the year before. Bain & Co., a Boston consulting firm, is hiring a "record" level of M.B.A.s, says David Sanderson, head of global recruiting.

"The consulting firms have led the charge," with base salaries rising about 10%, says Al Cotrone, director of career development at the University of Michigan's Ross School of Business. General management firms have also raised average salaries, he says, to $90,000 and above, after holding steady at about $85,000.

At Dartmouth's Tuck School of Business, the average consulting salary for an M.B.A. graduate peaked at $110,000 in 2001, then fell to $100,000 in 2002, says Richard McNulty, director of the career-development office. Today, graduates are seeing consulting salaries up to $120,000, with sign-on bonuses ranging up to $30,000.

"The mood in my class is very optimistic," says Tracy Long, a second-year student at Stanford Graduate School of Business. "Most people have an offer" from the firms that employed them before they went back to school or as summer interns this year.

The increased competition has forced some firms back to campus to make more hiring offers or raise their bids. When Sean Huss, a second-year M.B.A. student at Michigan, started interviewing for investment banking jobs this fall, he heard that one bank was topping offers from all the others — but many of the banks soon followed suit. The firm that employed him as an intern last summer and then offered him a job has since revised its initial offer to match the going rate, he says.

Another good sign: Some banks are guaranteeing bonuses for a graduate's first year of employment, says Julie Morton, associate dean of M.B.A. career services at the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business. An M.B.A.'s first year of employment is typically a short one, since many start working in the middle of the calendar year. During the economic downturn, not many firms were willing to guarantee those hires a year-end bonus.

This year, the school's M.B.A.s have been seeing median base salaries in investment banking close to $95,000 this year, up from the average of about $85,000 for the past three years.

Meanwhile, sign-on bonuses are running closer to $25,000 to $30,000 for the current M.B.A. class, up from about $20,000 last year, she notes.

guest25
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

To: nonorapa

היי..

הבנתי שלמדת לבד לבחינה..על איזה ספר היית ממליץ?

איך מתרגלים? (הבנתי שזה על גבי מחשב).

guest25
    חבר

To: yuvye

היי..

מהו הספר הרשמי ללמוד ממנו?

foxy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

שלום לכולם! הצטרפתי לפורום לאחרונה והבנתי שצריך לספר קצת על עצמי, אז קודם כל כמה דברים כלליים:

אני בן 27, מהנדס מחשבים, מתכוון להתחיל ללמוד תואר שני במנהל עסקים בעוד שנתיים שלוש.

מהנדס מחשבים

הנדסת מחשבים בטכניון ממוצע 81

קיבלתי 690

חיל המודיעין

בשלב זה אני רק מתעניין באפשרות של MBA בחו"ל

איזה דברים אפשר לעשות בשנתיים הקרובות כדי לשפר את הרזומה?

מבחינת השתתפות בפורום – אני בד"כ מאלה שרק מסתכלים על הודעות של אחרים.

אז בהצלחה לכולם,

foxy

yuvye
    חבר

To: guest25

Hi Quest25

The book I'm talking about is The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 10th Edition

(to see what it looks like, click here:

http://www.mba.com/mba/Store/products/PreparefortheGMAT/OfficialGuide.htm

)

You can buy it at the Dionon of Tel Aviv University

The practice questions are the closest to the real test questions, I found the others (Barons, Kaplan) are good for the theory, but the best way to get a good grade, in my opinion, is to practice real questions as much as possible to build up your speed.

Good Luck!

guest25
    חבר

To: yuvye

היי..

הייתי היום בדיונון ליד אוניברסיטת ת"א ואין להם את הספר הנ"ל..

יש עוד מקומות שאפשר לקנות את הספר? האם הספר גם מסביר או

שמדובר על שאלות נטו?

הפחד שלי הוא שזה כמו בפסיכומטרי שהמרכז להערכה היה מוציא חוברות שהן 100 רמות מתחת לשאלות שנדרשנו בבחינה (ולכן קניתי אז את קידום)

בתודה

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

אני מניחה שיש פה מישהו שיודע את התשובה:

איך אני מבקשת שישלחו את ציון הGMAT שלי לבי"ס?

כמה זמן זה לוקח?

תודה,

דלית

dalit
    חבר

תנסה דרך אמזון.

הרמה של הספר טובה.

אין בו כ"כ הסברים

zefko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 44

To: dalit

in the gmat site (there you registered for the GMAT – mba.com) there is an option to send your GMAT score to additional schools, you will see this option in the home page.

you look for schools and you pay 28$ for each school.

alonw
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

around 2 weeks

you need enter http://www.mba.com and pay to send additional score reports, or call ETS. you need your original appoitment #.

$28 per report… i think …

though dont resend to the schools you did at the end of your exam…

A.

dar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

Hi all –

Don't miss Duke University's – Fuqua School of Business Information Session in Israel

The Fuqua School of Business would like to invite you to attend a reception and presentation this Tuesday 21/12, 7:30 pm, at the Carlton hotel in Tel Aviv.

The presentation is a great opportunity to learn more about the school, application process, curriculum and life in Durham, as well as meet with current students. A large part of the event will be dedicated to Q&A.

Please RSVP through Fuqua's website title=https://www.fuquaworld.duke.edu/www/public/d_infosess.jsp face=Times New Roman color=#0000ffhttps://www.fuquaworld.duke.edu/www/public/d_infosess.jsp/SPAN

If you have any questions, please contact Hila Dar title=mailto:[email protected] face=Times New Roman color=#[email protected]/SPAN

We look forward to seeing many of you there!

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>

zefko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 44

in the same subject, how do I send my TOEFL score to schools?

thanks

zefko

mayazar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

To: alonw

הי אלון

מה המצב? איך הולך עם ההרשמה? אצלי בסדר

לאיזה בתי ספר אתה נרשם? רוצה להמשיך בכיוון הטכנולוגי או שעוזב את מדעי המחשב

מיה (למדנו ביחד בתואר ראשון בתל אביב)

jkrol
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

To: mayazar

Maya,

Have you received interview invitations/final decisions already?

netzon
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

27 ירושלים

מתמחה במשרד עורכי דין

בירושלים – האוניברסיטה העברית – ממוצע 85

לומד לבד

מדריך קורסים

בשלב זה אני רק מתעניין באפשרות של MBA בחו"ל

אני מקווה לתרום לקהילת הפורום לפחות 20 הודעות בשנה הקרובה

אז בהצלחה לכולם,

netzon

dalit
    חבר
    dalit
    חבר

To: alonw

Thanks

guest25
    חבר

היי, אני בן 27 ממרכז הארץ ותמיד רציתי לעשות תואר בחו"ל. החלטתי שאתחיל לגשש לכיוון ה-MBA (ואולי דברים אחרים) כדי לבדוק את אפשרותי להתקבל ל-TOP 10בארה"ב. מודה שחסר לי המון ידע בנושא (בפרט לענייני מלגות שהינו קריטי מבחינתי).

היום אני מחפש עבודה כמתכנת בשוק היי-טק.
    עבדתי כמתכנת בחברת אינטל.
    ביצעתי התמחות במשרד עו"ד.

למדתי לתואר ראשון במשפטים ותואר ראשון במדעי המחשב באוני'. סיימתי את מדעי המחשב בהצטיינות (שניהם מעל ממוצע 80).

עוד לא עשיתי GMAT, ומתלבט האם יש טעם לעשות קורס או ללמוד לבד מספר (ואיזה ספר??)

בצבא הייתי לוחם בחיל האויר (כן, כן יש דבר כזה). השתתפתי בקורס פיקודי.

אחת השאלות שיש לי בנושא MBA בחו"ל היא: מה הסיכוי לקבל מלגה כלשהי? מה הנהלים לגבי המלצות (כידוע בתואר ראשון לא מכירים ממש פרופסורים) ומה שיש לי זה מכתבי המלצה רגילים ממקומות עבודה, חלקם בעברית וחלקם באנגלית.

אז בהצלחה לכולם,

guest25

guest25
    חבר

היי,

לגבי ניסיון מקצועי..עד כמה יש חשיבות אם נניח עבדתי כמהנדס תוכנה במוטורולה

(שאמורה להיות חברה מוכרת בעולם) לעומת אמדוקס.

זאת אומרת האם יש חשיבות לשם של החברה בה עבדתי?

ששמות החברות הנ"ל הינן לצורך דוגמא בלבד..

yuvye
    חבר

Hi guest25

I'm sorry you couldn't find it at the Dionon (that is where I bought mine, so it seems strange that they didn't have it)

First of all, in the book there are detailed explanations for all the answers, as well as a basic listing of the information you need to know. For me that was enough – my problem with the Kaplan or Barrons books were that they were attempting their own theories for questions that weren't like the real questions.

So to answer your question – the questions in the book are very similar to the real questions (same difficulty, although in the test it seems a bit worse because of the pressure). BUT, I should mention (sorry, I forgot) that these questions are the same as the practice test ones you get from the program you download when you register!

But if your level is not very good at all, then a good coaching (/book) would be useful – I just didn't feel the questions resembled the real thing.

(I used to be a psychometric instructor, so I have a little bit of experience with this)

I hope this helped – best of luck

Yuval

IchiBan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 216

לשם החברה יש השפעה שכן מעסיקים עתידיים יודעים פחות או יותר מה זה אומר להיות למשל מהנדס תוכנה בחברה כזו ומה הכישורים והדרישות. כמובן שלפעמים יש גם אינטרס לגייס מישהו למתחרה של חברה זו או לחברה שרוצה ליצור קשרים עם חברה זו.

למרות זאת שום דבר לא מחליף נסיון איכותי ואת זה ניתן לרכוש גם בחברות קטנות ואפילו משפחתיות. הדברים שאני עשיתי בחברות קטנות משמעותיים בהרבה מבחינת אימפקט אישי לעומת מה שחברי עשו בחברות גדולות ומוכרות. מה למדת? איך התפתחת? במה הצלחת ונכשלת ואיך תיקנת להבא? אלו שאלות הרבה יותר חשובות מאשר שם המעסיק.

חוץ מזה למה אתה חושב שענק הבילינג אמדוקס לא מוכר בעולם???

IB

guest25
    חבר

To: IchiBan

היי..

הבעיה היא שאני בתחילת דרכי יש לי מספר אופציות לבחירה ואינני יודע

במה לבחור..בכולם אותם תפקידים פחות או יותר שאני מעוניין. היות ובעתיד

הרחוק יתכן וארצה גם לעשות תואר שני באוניברסיטה יוקרתית בארה"ב תהיתי איזו חברה יכולה להוסיף לי.

ועוד משהו..

על חברת

convergys

שמעת? מוכרת בעולם/ארה"ב?

pilpelet
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 50

Good luck to all the people looking to hear from Wharton today.

IchiBan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 216

שוב, אתה לא מפעיל את השיקולים הנכונים. לך על התפתחות אישית ומקצועית, לא על מותגים. שמעתי על קונברג'יס אבל זה לא קשור לכלום.

dalit
    חבר

To: pilpelet

פילפלת, גם את נרשמת לוורטון?

pilpelet
    חבר

Yes and I just received bad news – ding!

I have to assess my application and apply for R2.

Mazal tov to all those who made it in.

dalit
    חבר

Sorry to hear…

Do you know of other women that applied in R1? Where else did you apply?

pilpelet
    חבר

I'm not personally acquainted with any other Wharton applicants in R1.

I applied to columbia, harvard, mit, stanford, wharton. No good news so far.

Considering nyu, kellogg, berkeley for 2nd round.

shoshy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 141

sorry to hear!

Your stats are great! Did they give you any reason?

Anyway, good luck when applying in R2!!

guest25
    חבר

To: IchiBan

אני מסכים..ואתה צודק שהתפתחות מקצועית זה הכי חשוב..

וגם לי זה הכי חשוב. אבל קצת קשה לפני שנכנסת בפועל לתפקיד לדעת איך זה ישפיע

על ההתפתחות המקצועית. אם כל ההצעות הן לתכנת בשפה מסויימת אז קצת

קשה לדעת התפתחות מקצועית מראש. לכן נשאר לי רק להשתמש באינטואיציה ובחוות דעת של כל מיני אנשים ואני מניח שחברה גדולה כמו מיקרוסופט יכולה יותר לעזור בהתפתחות מקצועית מאשר חברת סטארט-אפ. אבל שוב, אלו רק הנחות ואני אפילו אשמח אם יסתרו לי אותן.

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

Hi Pilpelet,

Sorry for the ding

just out of curiousity- why didn't you apply to Chicago GSB???

Assaf- Btw- I am a GSB 2nd year student and currently working with the dean as part of a student marketing committee to understand and improve the school's brand

mba_il
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

כרטיס החבר עודכן

* לצפיה בכרטיס של חבר, לחץ על שם החבר שבכותרת ההודעה

* עדכן את כרטיס החבר שלך ע"י לחיצת edit profile בראש העמוד

boazcn
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 139

היי פלפלת ,

מצטער לשמוע –

אנחנו במצב דומה מבחינת בתי הספר בסיבוב הראשון,

נקווה לבשורות טובות בהמשך.

Tinbi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

To: berkoman

שלום לרו"ח,

הסר דאגה מליבך הענין חישוב ה GPA. בתי הספר שתירשם אליהם כבר ישקללו לבד את הציון שלך. כאשר אתה נרשם, אז האוניברסיטה בה למדת מתבקשת לתאר את סולם הציונים הנהוג בה, ואז ה ADCOM יודעים איך להתייחס לזה.

דרך אגב, היכן למדת תואר ראשון?

zivos
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Just got in to Wharton.

Will be glad to help others.

ziv@bballoon.com

pilpelet
    חבר

To: Assaf Wand

Hi Assaf,

I must admit that I haven't done much research about the school.

The main reason is that I found that not many people in Israel (and outside of the USA) are aware of U. of Chicago's brand – not just the business school but in general. I didn't perform a thorough research but talking to our business' clients that's the general feeling. What I mean is that people here recognize Yale, Princeton, Harvard… I aimed for great business schools, which names' would also carry over.

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

Hi Pilpelet,

Thanks for the answer, I fully understand it.

As a tip- try to think of what you want to do after school and then see, which school will help you most in achieving it- the brand of the grand school will not help so much if you're aiming for something that the school is not so good at.

Secondly, the grand brand of the school is not very imporant after your first job (out of Biz school) but where you worked matter a lot more

thanks for the data

Assaf

BTW- I will be attending the Kidum MBA day in the Chicago GSB booth if anyone have any questions we'll (Udi, myself and some alums) will be more than happy to help out.

dkaridi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

To: YoavLevi

Hi Yoav,

If you want to get a good idea on how to write your essays try reading "how to get accepted to the top MBA schools" you'll find nice examples. NTL, Try not to go with the regular "stanz" think out of the box and try to present yourself as you are.

Remember that there is no "one way" to get accepted. Do your homework – check which school really fits you – all the rest will fall into place.

Good luck

Dror

D06
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 17

Dear IIMBA Members,

Those who will be in New York on Tuesday, December 28 are invited to join fellow MBA students from other leading programs for drinks at 7pm in Union Square.

For exact location please email color=#0000ff [email protected] or call 434-227-6723.

Prospective students who are in the city and would like to learn more about various MBA programs are also welcome.
    P.S
    I hope enough current students are reading this thread. I remember there used to be an ‘after admission’ forum once, which I can’t seem to find anymore. Feel free to forward this message to your classmates.

greenfeld
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 282

To: zivos

סחתיין זיו. אני מגיש ביום ראשון הקרוב.

אם יש לך את הסבלנות, אשמח להסתייע בך.

[email protected]

ofek
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 121

To: greenfeld

Hi Ohad,

where are you applying in 2nd round? have you heard anything from Yale? Do you know when is their final decision date for R1 ?

Good Luck,

Ofek

danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

To: Assaf Wand, pilpelet

I completely agree with Assaf.
    Any school’s brand name in Israel is irrelevant when choosing what school to attend. What counts is the school’s brand in the US in the respective career area you’d like to pursue. The reputation in the US determines what companies would recruit at the school and ultimately your job after graduation.
    It is the experience you gain after school that would determine how “valuable” you’d be when you return to Israel and much of the experience hinges on the company you’d work for.

Good luck,

danteleman2002
    חבר

To: D06

Is this for Israeli students or for all MBAs?

D06
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 17

To: danteleman2002

Is this for Israeli students or for all MBAs?

Dan,

It's for IIMBA members, so basically yeah, it's for Israelis (and non-Israeli IIMBAs).

danteleman2002
    חבר

To: D06

Thanks,

I'll be there.

ylyl
    חבר

To: dkaridi

thank you very much

i try to think on a good reason to say that caused me low GMAT, do you have any idea ?

Yoav

dkaridi
    חבר

As always stick to the truth. Usually there are no good excuses on why you did purely on a test, except if for example you had to work on many projects (which isn't a good excuse either). I would try to approach it by showing that I have the skills that the school is looking for. Remember that the GMAT is only one component and not the most important! Work on perfecting your resume, write excellent essays; try to establish a connection at the school – show interest.

BTW, did you think of redoing the GMAT; maybe you could improve your grade by studying harder or trying a different approach.

I hope this helps,

Dror

jkrol
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

אני בת 28

אני עובדת בחברת יהלומים בתפקיד ארגוני

למדתי באוניברסיטת ת"א מנהל ומדעי המדינה וסיימתי בממוצע 92

טרם, אבל מתעניינת

נהלתי לשכת אלוף

בשלב זה אני רק מתעניינת באפשרות של MBA בחו"ל

האם זה כדאי להשקיע כל כך הרבה זמן וכסף

אני בד"כ מאלה שרק מסתכלים על הודעות של אחרים, ולפעמים מי יודע….

אז בהצלחה לכולם,

סיון

dalit
    חבר

To: jkrol

האם זה כדאי להשקיע כ"כ הרבה כסף… שאלה מצויינת.

באחד הכנסים בנושא שמעתי מישהו שאמר משפט :

אדם הולך להשקיע סכום כסף אדיר בלקנות בית, לוקח משכנתא ועושה הכל כדי שיהיו לו ארבעה קירות בסופו של דבר.

לא תשקיע אותה השקעה בעצמך?

צריך להתייחס לנושא כהשקעה .

ברגע שמבינים את זה (ומדחיקים את נושא העלויות ) הכל הרבה יותר קל…

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 501 עד 550 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.