Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 2: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 851 עד 900 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • itay_18
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

To: All

שלום לכולם!!

אבקש את העזרה של החברים בפורום שכבר שלחו טפסים בעבר לגבי מילוי ה-APPLICATIONS בקטע של הרקע התעסוקי.

האם מישהו יכול לתת לי הסבר מדויק של מה צריך לכתוב בחלק זה והאם צריך לצרף מסמכים כלשהם ?

rl_7
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

Dear all

My name is Ronnie Lavi and I am a first year student at Fuqua School of Business at Duke University. I am writing to let you know that all of you, the applicants, are more the welcomed to ask me about Fuqua. I will be glad to answer you all.

I understand that there are many of you who are interested in Fuqua and considering to apply in first or second round. The school appreciates the Israeli applicants and seeks to enlarge the number of those. As a matter of fact, Fuqua was one of the few schools that sent a representative all the way from US to the MBA Fair held earlier this month.

Fuqua is among the best b-schools in the world and Duke University is a huge brand in the US.

I will be glad to answer your questions about Fuqua. Please send your e-mails to:

Aharo[email protected]

Good Luck

Ronnie Lavi

dudie
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 49

To: itay_18

הדרך הטובה ביותר להבין מה צריך היא להיכנס ל- online application או להוריד טפסים.

מה שבד"כ מבקשים זה, על כל חברה (החל מסיום אוניברסיטה):

תיאור החברה (כמה עובדים, תעשייה, כמה רווח), תיאור התפקיד שלך ותחומי אחריות, שכר התחלתי וסופי, והישגים עיקריים שלך בתפקיד.

itay_18
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

To: dudie, All

דודי שלום!

קודם כל תודה על התשובה המהירה.

יש לי כמה שאלות לגבי מילוי הטפסים

1.אני התחלתי ללמוד לאחר הצבא. בשירותי הצבאי הייתי ראש צוות של 4 חיילים (שזה נסיון תעסוקתי בניהול) האם לפרט את עובדות אלו למרות שהיו לפני התחלת הלימודים?

2.כתוב שניתן להוסיף מסמכים רלוונטים. האם הכוונה היא לתלושי שכר, לחוזה שכר או משהו בסגנון?

3.יש לי שאלה שלא כל כך קשורה לטפסים.הבנתי שישנה בעיות בהגשת הטפסים כחודשיים לאחר סיום התואר הראשון. האם תוכל לפרט לי מהי ?

bilgrai
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

To: eyam

Hi eyalm. About the Toffel exam, you cannot write notes during the listening comperhension part. This part is very similar to the TOFEL disk the send you. If you like to, I can give you a preparation disk for the toffel. e-mail me : [email protected].

eliko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 203

To: dudie

דודי מה העניינים

תגיד,

כמה זמן לקח עד שקיבלת תוצאת TOEFEL

תודה,

אלי

dudie
    חבר

To: eliko

מלא… אחרי חודש התקשרתי והם אמרו שהם ישלחו שוב.

ואחרי חודש וחצי קיבלתי את התוצאות פעמיים.

בקיצור, סבלנות…

dudie
    חבר

To: itay_18

1. בוודאי. לרוב הישראלים נסיון רלוונטי לפני תחילת הלימודים. בד"כ הם שואלים בפרק "הסטוריה תעסוקתית" בפירוט רק לגבי עבודה לאחר לימודים, לכן צריך להכניס את הצבא במקומות אחרים – קו"ח, חיבורים, המלצות.

2. לא, הכוונה יותר למכתבי הערכה שקיבלת, תעודות הערכה, וכד'

3. הבעיה היחידה שאני מעלה בדעתי היא שלא יהיה לך עדיין גליון ציונים רשמי מהאוניברסיטה שלך, אבל אני בטוח שאפשר להתגבר על זה.

eliko
    חבר

אני מבין שהם מאד מסודרים…

תודה

dudie
    חבר

כן. יש להם מערכת סינון וניתוב שיחות יעילה כמעט כמו זו של קופת חולים.

ב-01 דקות הראשונות אתה רק מקיש מספרים …

dudie
    חבר

Hi,

As i'm starting to think about recommendations, I would like to get ideas from you on how to approach it.

I see sometimes schools ask for letters, and sometimes for specific questions. Also, They do not limit the writing space – but I guess too long letters won't be effective – so what is the recommended length?

Besides this, what do you think are the steps to get going, after determining who they are going to be?

Thanks

eliko
    חבר

היי דודי,

נראה לי שכדאי לחפש ממליצים שיציגו את הסיפור שלך באופן המקסימילי

כלומר אנשים שהיו אחראים עליך ויכולים לתת בעצם את אותן נקודות שאתה רוצה להדגיש- בעצם אנשים שיכתבו על ההישגים הספציים שלך ויוכיחו שהם אכן התרחשו ואתה לא סתם כותב בכיף שלך עליהם.

אני באופן אישי הולך על המלצה של אחראים ישירים(כך נראה לי) ובסטנפורד אני חושב ללכת על ממליץ שהוא חבר לעבודה במקום בו שאר הממליצים אינם רלוונטיים

המטרה שלי היא לספר את מקסימום הסיפור שלי דרך הממליצים בכל מקום במסלול שלי

אחלה יום

אליקו

dudie
    חבר

Hi,

UCLA has published their 2006 applications!

eliko
    חבר

dudi hi,

2 questions from things I saw in ucla application:

1)what is the hebrew university code and how did you find it there?

2)do you know a tool that can help convert to g.p.a our degree scores.

thanks,

eliko

dudie
    חבר

To: eliko, All

I didn't find the code, and I saw there's no CEEB code for almost no israeli university.

Does anyone knows what to do with it?

eliko
    חבר

do you know how to convet your average to gpa?

dudie
    חבר

Letter Grade Percentage AMCAS Grade on 4.0 scale
    A+ 90-100 4.0
    A 80-89 4.0
    B+ 75-79 3.5
    B 70-74 3.0
    C+ 65-69 2.5
    C 60-64 2.0
    D+ 55-59 1.5
    D 50-54 1.0
    eliko
    חבר

DUDI,

when they say in the form what is the gpa do you convert it or do you say your average in 100 sclae and later they calc the gpa from the transcrits.

What did you Undestand?

Regards,

Eliko

dudie
    חבר

I think that they ask you not to write the GPA if you're on another scale (just not write anything).

They will take your score from the self-reported scores.

How are you doing with everything? What did you do already? finished some school's essays?

eliko
    חבר

I am now working on my first application which is to chicago.

I filled the application form and now I will work in on my recommendation (you know the drill)

I believe that next week I will probably write the essays.

After chicago I hope to move on to stanford.

When those are ready I believe that sending to HAAS and and Anderson will be easier.

By the way – did you find the code?

I sent a mail to the school asking them what they want.

So In conclusion the essays fun starts for me next week but as you know the application forms also hold some short essays in them so I believe I am quite prepared.

Good Luck,

Keep In touch!

dudie
    חבר

What should I put in the "I waive/do not waive my right to access the recommendations"?

What are the implications (if any) on admissions?

Does it have any significance at all?

eliko
    חבר

hi dudy,

I don't have an answer for your question but I have another one that I want to ask you:

regarding the transcripts-

do we need any other document than the one the university gives with the translation (the offical degree transcripts)

Also , How are we supposed to send the transcripts – is it in a silled envelop mailed to us from the university.

Regards,

eliko

yonis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 73

So,

According to this conversion, if I finished my B.A. studies with an average of 85.3 – that means I have a perfect GPA of 4.0???

Yoni.

dudie
    חבר

To: yonis

theoretically, yes. But don't worry, they usually ask you NOT to convert to 4.0 scale, but to tell them the scale of your grade (0-100).

dudie
    חבר

its different in different schools. some don't need any university transcript at all (self-report grades in excel file, like Berkeley), some give you a form you have to give the university, and some ask you to tell the university to send the transcript directly to them.

yonis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 73

This is great.

I always did the conversion (just for myself), and just divided my average B.A. score by 25.

It's nice to know that the GPA score that the school would calculate will be 4.0 or close to 4.0.

Where did you get this conversion table?

Yoni.

eyam
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 47

Hey Dudie

That's a great GPA convertor, however I think it's related to medical school and I don't exactly see the correlation to grades from other degrees. Nevertheless, from my general impression schools don't follow either method but rather compare you to other Israelis applying or ask Israeli admits/alumni to assess your GPA (not in all schools though).

dudie
    חבר

To: eyam

I guess you're right, they specifically ask you not to "interpret" grades.

but in any case, that table is closer to reality than dividing grade by 25, as someone suggested…

how do americans manage with those grades?? You miss all the fun of almost all israelis to annoy all professors after every exam to let you 2-3 points more

eliko
    חבר

Well it seems like the best solution is to let the americans enjoy the fun of converting our grade.

regarding the transcripts,

I meant is there any document we need from huji other than the official report with grades and translation to english.

Is there any other official report we need ?

have fun,

eliko

bilgrai
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

Ross just publish its appilication form :

http://www.bus.umich.edu/pdf/2005%20MBA%20Application.pdf

yaniv_ma
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 44

ALL

I wanted to ask about employment opportunities for spouse on-campus or off-campus.

I plan to apply for Sep. 06 and will go with my spouse. I heard about couple of programs in some schools that enable employment for spouse (who doens't carry a green-card), but couldn't find anything on schools' web. Does the University help in obtaining a temporary work permit off-campus?

I'm especially referring to Stanford, Wharton, Kellog or MIT. This is going to be a major consideration for me when selecting schools.

Thanks to whoever help on that matter…

Yaniv

yaniv_ma
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 44

guyz

the following question is about LFM program of MIT:

in the summer between the two years the students perform internship. does someone know if this internship is in another city or state? what about housing in the designated states / cities?

thx, yaniv

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

To: yaniv_ma

Hi Yaniv,
    LFM’ers do a 6-month internship (they only come back for the spring semester in the second year). Your internship could be anywhere, much like any other internship, although you have some input as to where you would like to be. They get paid a nominal amount that covers most expenses but it’s not a real salary. If you’d like – shoot me an email and I’ll put you in touch with an LFM.

[email protected]

osnat_z
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

To: rl_7

what were the requiremets?

are you studying for an MBA?

is so, what's your major?

what about scolarships? working on campus?

orenyny
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p><p align=left dir=ltr>Yaniv,

You need to learn the options that your visa will offer you, after you are accepted. I assume that it's going to be a J-1 or J-2 visa, but you can read about it here: http://www.uscis.gov.

Good Luck,

Oren

</p>

orenyny
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p><p align=left dir=ltr>That's a good question !

Where did you get this table ? I have a table fro m an American university and the numbers there are shifted there in about 10 points. A = 93-100 and D = 60-69…</p>

dudie
    חבר

To: yaniv_ma

I'ts a problem. As far as I know, you can't get at all off-campus permits, unless she manages to convince a company to arrange a permit for her.

Regarding on-campus, I was asking the same question and still didn't get an answer, but it appears that getting on-campus job (paid) is also quite difficult in most universities.

If you find out more info about it, let me know.

Dudi

dudie
    חבר

To: orenyny

I guess you're right. Looking again, I found 4 different tables, and they were all different…

eliko
    חבר

To: dudie, All

דודי מה העניינים,

קיבלתי תשובה מ UCLA על ה ממוצע- הם אמרו שהם ימירו

כמו כן על קוד המוסד הם אמרו לבחור ב OTHER ופשוט לרשום את שם המוסד

אחלה שבוע

אליקו

feurie
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

שלום ,

אני רק התחלתי לברר. לגבי הוצאה משוערת בשנה – ראיתי במספר מוסדות שהמחיר הוא כ 80 אלף דולר בשנה אם אתה נשוי.

האם באמת רב הניגשים מתכננים להוציא כ 160 אלף דולר עבור לימודיהם – או שיש אפשרות אחרת ??

אורי.

Infowell
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 71

Hi Dudie,

I have few questions about your experience with the TOFEL.

How long did you study for the exam?

What book did you use for your study?

Did you achive your desired score? (that is, passed the threshold of your targeted schools)

Much thanks for your help.

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

To: feurie

הי אורי,

אני מתחילה ללמוד ב-LBS בסוף החודש, ונוסעת עם בעלי.

הערכת התקציב הראשונית עומדת על כ- 180K$.

אז, כן… אנחנו אכן מתכוונים להוציא כ"כ הרבה כסף :-)

היתרון המשמעותי בלונדון הוא העובדה שבן הזוג מקבל אישור עבודה אוטומטית.

eliko
    חבר

היי,

גם אני נשוי ואולי אף נתרחב עם השנים אך לדעתי זה בטח לא משנה 130 $ לבד או 160$ בזוג. ההפרש זניח אם סיימת את הלימודים והוא בר השגה בחצי שנה עד שנה עבודה יותר. בשבילי לימודים בחו"ל זה השקעה לטווח רחוק גם מבחינת קידום מיקצועי ודלתות שיפתחו בפניי וגם מבחינת הרחבת תחומי עיסוק.תחשוב גם שדווקא החזר ההלוואה מחייב הישארות בחו"ל ל 3 שנים וע"י כך ליצבור נסיון בחברות שיפתחו בפניך אח"כ דלתות למקומות דומים בארץ.בקיצור – הלימודים נותנים קפיצה לכל החיים ואת ההלוואה מחזירים תוך 3-5 שנים.תעשה חישוב של 20 שנות עבודה נוספות ותוסיף בכל שנה את הדלתא שנובעת מהתואר וקיבלת סיבה טובה למה ההוצאה כדאית.(ואני אישית מקווה שתהיה לי הזכות לקחת חלק בכזו השקעה)

מקווה שעזרתי,

אליקו

dudie
    חבר

To: Infowell

I did the TOEFL after studying for about 2.5 months for the gmat. I discovered that after studying for gmat, i was expert with writing essays, and with the reading comprehension passages, which are easier in the TOEFL.

if you have a fair, or even medium english, you should also have no problem in the listening and structure, after some exercises in order to familiarize yourself with them.

I bought the Barron's book. It was helpful, just in order get to know all the test parts and get many samples of questions, and not be surprised. It also gives some good tips, and categorizes the structure questions by types, which i think is useful. I also downloaded some computer based tests which proved better than those in the book.

It took me about two weeks to read and do some 4-5 tests, and then I took the test. (and got the desired score… 290)

gbiron
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 213

University of Chicago Graduate School of Business – Reception In Israel
    Event Date: 06 Sep 2005
    Program Full-Time MBA
    Description: As you consider your graduate business school options, we encourage you to attend a Chicago GSB reception. In addition to learning how to be successful in the application process, you will hear from Chicago GSB alumni and current students regarding their MBA experience. The event will be headed by the Dean of admissions, Ms. Rose Martinelli.
    This reception is a great place to gain a comprehensive understanding of Chicago GSB. Many questions about the Chicago MBA experience will be discussed at this informational event.
    Please join us from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm. We look forward to seeing you there!

RSVP at: http://admissions.chicagogsb.edu/admissions

Hosted By: Interdisciplinary Center

Address
    Interdisciplinary Center (IDC)
    Kanfei Nesharim St.
    Herzliya, Israel

feurie
    חבר

תודה דלית ואליקו!

feurie
    חבר

האם מישהו מכיר תוכנית MBA עם אוריינטציה למדעי החיים/תעשיית התרופות/ביוטק וכו' ?

תודה,

אורי.

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

היי אורי,

ב-MIT Sloan יש הרבה מאד אנשים שמתמקדים במדעי החיים. בין היתר בגלל הקשר החזק לבתי"ס אחרים ב-MIT ולתעשייה שמאד מפותחת בבוסטון.

אני יודע שגם ל-Duke יש תוכנית טובה בנושא.

אם תרצה אני אקשר אותך עם אנשים שמתמקדים בתחום.

[email protected]

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

Hi,

Kellogg has a strong specific program focus on life sciences, also Duke and Wharton has an healthcare management program

these are specifics, but from any top school you could reach these companies if you're determent enough

Assaf

danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

I graduated from Duke in 2003 as part of the HSM (Health Sector Management) program, which is considered to be the top healthcare MBA program in the country.

After graduation I joined Amgen, the largest biotechnology company. Amgen, by the way, only recruits at 5 business school in the country (Duke, Wharton, UCLA, Michigan, Kellogg).

ALL the large pharma companies, major biotechs and medical device companies recruit people from the program as well as HMOs, hospitals and healthcare consulting firms.

I'd be happy to answer questions if you'd like.

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 851 עד 900 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.