Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 2: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 901 עד 950 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • LPOW
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 200

To: feurie

Hi

Care to share your background? I looking for similar programs.

Thanks

rl_7
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

To: osnat_z

Osnat

The formal requirments were: GMAT, TOEFL, application (application form, essays, recommendations) and interview (optional but recommended). However, there is a lot more than the formal requirments. The admissions process is a complete theory and there is a lot to know and to do. If you have any specific question on this issue I will be happy to answer.

Yes, I'm studying in the daytime MBA program. There is no major in Duke (Fuqua School of Business) except for those who choose the HSM program. If you don't choose this specific program than you simply can choose courses that interest you and have your own "major".

Scholarships? There are some but as with other b-schools – they are very few. you need a really strong application to get a scholarship.

There are some opportunities to work on campus but I think that you will not have the time for them or will simply prefer to do other things in your free time.

Hope it helped

Ronnie

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

To: All

Hi all,

Although I am a Chicago GSB grad and totally biased towards the school and would urge you to go to the presentation on Sep 6th, I think there is another major reason to do so even if you're not interested in the school at all (beside the new full scholarship + stipend to an Israeli student)

The Head of Admissions is coming, Rose was previously the head of admissions of Wharton and well "she knows her stuff" I think it will be a great opportunity for all of you to finally meet someone of that caliber in the process and ask specific questions regarding the process and not just the school.

This is my 2 cents

Assaf

yaniv_ma
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 44

guyz

I'm an engineer and want to persue an MBA in one of the top schools. My first priority is a school that offer dual degree programs that combine MBA and M.Sc. So far, I only found that MIT (LFM) and Kellogg (MMM) offer such program.

Does anyone know about other top school with similar program?

thx

eliko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 203

To: yaniv_ma

Yaniv,

I think that Berkely offeres a program that is called M.T.O

This is a program this is high tech oriented in which
    I beleive that engineer from the schools also participate . I think that projects are done together I didn't understand if you ment that you want a joint degree or just studying and doing projects with engineers but this is what I can offer . you should probably check Karnagi Melon which is ranked 2 in the world in High Tech management rank and also UCLA which is a school that beleives in a technological working environment.

Good Luck Man!

Hope I helped a bit!

eliko

yaniv_ma
    חבר

To: eliko

eliko

thanks for your answer.

I meant for programs that combines M.Sc and MBA. I looked into Carnagie Melon and they offer MBA combines with software engineering degree. i'll read it more deeply.

However, i couldn't find the MTO in Haas. do you have its website address?

thanks again.

guylevit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

Try MOT

http://mot.berkeley.edu/

As far as I know it is not a dual degree, but rather a big pull of courses from which you can choose

Guy

eliko
    חבר

well someone answered befor me .

From what I understand you take courses with engineers or other studnets from school that are all high tech oriented and recieve a certificate for a certain amount of courses.

Sound great and also near the silicon vally!

eliko
    חבר

To: dudie, All

דודי,

האם הבנת מה סטנפורד רוצים לאישור רשמי של התואר.

הם אומרים למלא טופס ולשלוח אותו לרשם האוניברסיטה.

אמורים לקבל אישור במעטפה סגורה.

האם הבנת את התהליך?

כמו כן בכמה מקומות כתוב שצריך אישור בשפה המקורית המתורגם לאנגלית.

האם זה האישור שהאוניברסיטה נותנת עם חתימה המתורגם לאנגלית או שיש עוד מסמך שצריך. בקיצור, שתף אותי לגבי מה הבנת ומה הם רוצים בדיוק

תודה,

אליקו

ofri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

Hi Yaniv,

My name is Ofri and I'm a first year MBA student at the Johnson School in Cornell University.

To answer to your question, our school does offer a dual degree program for Master of Engineering and MBA (five semesters), along with the engineering graduate school.

Best of luck,

Ofri.

savi1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

To: eliko, All

Hi all,

Do you know any school in Europe that offer dual degree programs that combine MBA and M.Sc?

I found LSE and HEC, but I didn't find the M.Sc they offered there intresting.

Thank you

Avi

dudie
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 49

סטנפורד, כמו הרבה אוניברטיסאות אחרות, מבקשים את האישור הרשמי רק אם אתה מוזמן לראיון.

באפליקיישן צריך רק למלא את טופס ה- Excel שהם מספקים.

אחרי זה, יש להם טופס שאותו אתה מחתים את האוניברסיטה, ומביא אותו איתך, יחד עם התעודה הרשמית (לא מתורגמת) לראיון.

זה מה אני הבנתי, וזה נראה לי ככה גם בשאר המקומות שראיתי.

בעקרון, לפי מה שהבנתי, אין צורך לשלוח כלום בדואר.

yaniv_ma
    חבר

Hevre, VISA question:

from what i read in the forum and a research i did, a married spouse of an MBA student is entitled automatically to J-2 VISA. the arrangements can be done in Israel, prior to the travel.

regarding work permit, once the we are in the states, the spouse may ask for a temporary work permit. The permit is not received automatically to anyone who asks.

Am I getting this right? I'd appreciate if someone will help me to figure it out.

yaniv

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

Actually, your spouse is entiteled automatically to an F-2 visa, that doesn't allow him to work at all.

Getting a J-2 is duable, but not automatically…

yaniv_ma
    חבר

To: dalit

Thx dalit.

How can we obtain J-2 ? Is it through the embacy? What are the requirements to obtain this J-2 ?

Slovo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 96

Hi Yaniv,

Checkout Fulbright site, at Study USA / Visa & Employment.
    http://www.fulbright.org.il/
    They have all information needed..

Tal

dalit
    חבר

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p><p align=left dir=ltr>I have no idea. In London the process is done automatically.</p>

dudie
    חבר

Your spouse is entitled to a visa according to the type you receive.

If you are an independent student, applying on your own, and financing yourself, you are entitled to an F-1 visa, and your wife to a F-2 visa.

If you manage to get "sent" to the US to study, by a firm or a university, which will finance a portion of your studies (i think at least 50%), you are entitled to a J-1 visa, and your wife to a J-2 visa.

Although the J-1/2 visa gives you a permission to work, you do not benefit from the right to stay for an extra year in order to search for a job, and you have to leave the US right when you graduate. If you don't have a secured job, this might be a problem.

yaniv_ma
    חבר

guyz

how can i make sure that the admission committee doesn't approach my supervisors in my current work ? I didn't tell anyone yet that I'm applying (except my recommender), and I prefer to keep it that way until I get accepted or not.

My company (Intel) is a partner of many top schools in the states (for example MIT) and I wanted to know if the schools take advantage of that to "sniff around" about candidates who are from these companies? Is it a good idea to ask in my application not to approach my current employer?

thx, yaniv

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

Hi Yaniv,

DON'T WORRY they will not sniff around, the only person they might contact (and 99% through email) will be your recommender- just chill.

I was a previous employee in Intel Capital and managed with the same issues- don't add any such comment

Hope it helps,

Assaf

ohadresh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 22

The schools are actually doing more background checks than ever. This was started by Wharton two years ago, and adopted by most schools. I would still not be worried about that. Plenty of candidates have the same issue, and the schools are careful enough. Make sure your recommender knows that he recommended you though…

P.S. if you are trying the LFM, I hope you are in touch with Michal.

ohadresh
    חבר

To: Assaf Wand

All,

The Chicago GSB conference in Israel can also be a great opportunity for MBA candidates to meet current and former MBA students (there will be at least 5 current students attending as well as a number of alums) and to hear about the experience of studying and working abroad. Moreover, it could be a good place to hear about different career routes (banking, consulting, corporate, hi-tech etc.) and to start building the Israeli professionals network.

Ohad Reshef

Chicago GSB, class of 2006

yaniv_ma
    חבר

To: ohadresh

Ohad

thanks for your answer. who is michal ?

eliko
    חבר

To: dudie

Hi Dudy,

I am filling the transcripts file and was wondering if you have the following fields data at HUJI as the university is closed for vacation and I will be glad to finish with the file now:

Name and Title of registrar Contact- ?

Telephone Number:?

email:?

fax:?

Regards,

Eliko

dudie
    חבר

I think you should put one of the faculty secretaries.

I wrote the number of מזכירות תלמידים.

but now that i think about it, maybe we should ask them.

I guess will do all the university things in september.

How's everything going? do you have finished essays already?

Dudi

eliko
    חבר

To: dudie

Hi dudy,

I am finishing Chicago outline and rec's

Probably next week I will write the full essays but my outline are probably real similar and detailed.

I will Probably finish Chicago this month, Stanford next month and do ucla and haas on October. I can say its really difficult but I have some enjoybles moments. Its getting a bit tiering to write so many good things about myself all the time …

I am tired but still have motivation

Regards,

Eliko

LPOW
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 200

Has anyone read today's themarker?

http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=613322&contrassID=4&subContrassID=0&sbSubContrassID=0

Only 70 people have been admitted? All this noise for only 70 Israelis?

ohadresh
    חבר

היא עובדת אינטל לשעבר שנמצאת כרגע בתוכנית ה LFM (כלומר, סיימה שנה א'). אם אתה צריך את הפרטים שלה, שלח לי מייל [email protected]

alkabir
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

To: Assaf Wand

Hi Aaaf.

where is the presentation on Sep 6th going to be and how can I read about it?

Thank's ahead.

gbiron
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 213

To: alkabir

The presentation will take place at the IDC in Herzeliya on Sep. 6th between 18:30 – 20:30, you have all the details below..

University of Chicago Graduate School of Business – Reception In Israel
    Event Date: 06 Sep 2005
    Program Full-Time MBA
    Description: As you consider your graduate business school options, we encourage you to attend a Chicago GSB reception. In addition to learning how to be successful in the application process, you will hear from Chicago GSB alumni and current students regarding their MBA experience. The event will be headed by the Dean of admissions, Ms. Rose Martinelli.
    This reception is a great place to gain a comprehensive understanding of Chicago GSB. Many questions about the Chicago MBA experience will be discussed at this informational event.
    Please join us from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm. We look forward to seeing you there!

RSVP at: title=http://admissions.chicagogsb.edu/admissions color=#0000cchttp://admissions.chicagogsb.edu/admissions /SPAN

Hosted By: Interdisciplinary Center

Address
    Interdisciplinary Center (IDC)
    Kanfei Nesharim St.
    Herzliya, Israel

dalit
    חבר

Eliko,

Wait… The best part is still ahead… you will soon strat believing in what you wrote :-)

Dalit

eliko
    חבר

To: dalit

yes i know,

that's what scares me …

eliko

motti_sh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 20
    feurie
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

To: motti_sh

תודה מוטי! מעניין.

dudy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 88

Hi,

In case someone hasn't noticed, Forbes has published its updated B-Schools ranking. The 1st place this time goes to Tuck Business School at Dartmouth:

http://www.forbes.com/home/careers/2005/08/16/best-business-schools-list-cz_05mba_land.html

If anyone has any questions about this school, which is for some reason less known in Israel, he's welcome to ask me – my name is Dudy and I will start the program in about a week from today – or see the "Ask Nahshon" forum on this website.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dudy

yaniv_ma
    חבר

about dual degree programs:

some schools offer dual degree programs. if I don't qualify to the dual degree program, will I be considered as a candidate for the regular MBA ? i think I read in MIT that it is so, is this the situation also in other schools (Kellogg in particular) ?

dantonov
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

To: rl_7

שלום, רציתי לבדוק האם יש בחינה אשר מותאמת לליקויי למידה? הארכת זמן או תנאים מותאמים ואיך אני יכול לבדוק את זה ולהירשם לבחנה מותאמת (אם יש) , תודה ויום טוב

דן

hbs06
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

Hi everyone,

My name is danny and I'm a student at the harvard business school (class of 2006 – I'm now between the first and second years).

I will be visiting Israel next week and wanted to offer those who intend to apply to HBS this year the chance to meet and chat with a current HBS student.

Visiting the school 2 years ago and meeting with the Israeli students was one of the more helpful experiences in my application process and I know that many times people can't make the trip for various reasons.

The meeting will be very informal (talking over a hot drink in some coffee place in central Israel) and I will share my experience and my views on the school and answer any questions you may have.

If you're interested please send me an email to [email protected] with your name, your contact email and what round you're applying in. I will set the actual date and time this weekend (it will be in the evening) and send an email to all those who are interested.

For all those who are thinking of applying to HBS in future years, we (myself and the other MBA students) will try to conduct similar sessions in our next visits to Israel. If you have any questions about HBS in the meantime feel free to send them to us at [email protected] and one of us will answer you.

Danny

eliko
    חבר

To: dudy

Hi Dudy Whats up?

How is the application going on for you.

Have you completed the first one yet?

How do you find the proccess up to now?

Looking for your updates man.

eliko

bilgrai
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

שאלה – האם כאשר שואלים באפליקשיין בנוגע במועד למועד קבלת תואר מאוניברסטיטה :

Date Degree Conferred

האם הם מתכוונים לטקס שבו הוענק התואר או למועד הזכאות לתואר ?

רוצהMBA
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Dear all,

I would love to hear from the experience of people who applied or are already in school either in Harvard or MIT. I have plenty of questions about the process and environment. If you wish to share your experience and don't want to do it in writing, please send me your phone number and I'll call – that pertains to students abroad as well …

Thanks in advance

Tsahala

msarfaty
    חבר

Learn more about Chicago GSB …

Join us for our Tel Aviv/Herzliya Admissions Reception:

> meet local alumni and hear about their Chicago MBA experience
    > tips on applying to Chicago GSB
    > chat with our Admissions Team

When: Tuesday 6 September
    18:30 – 20:30
    Where: Interdisciplinary Center (IDC)
    Kanfei Nesharim St.
    Herzliya, Israel

Learn more and register for the Tel Aviv/Herzliya Admissions Reception.
    Visit us online at ChicagoGSB.edu/SPAN for additional information, including Campus Visit Registration/SPAN,
    How to Apply/SPAN, our Admissions Evaluation Criteria/SPAN, and much more!
    Question? Contact the Office of Admissions at admissio[email protected]/SPAN or 773.702.7369.

dvasht
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 138

שלום לכולם!

מישהו יכול לומר לי בבקשה מהו שכר הלימוד הממוצע לשנה באחת מ-20 התוכניות המובילות?

תודה, תומר.

eliko
    חבר

To: dvasht

ממה שראיתי עד עכשיו בין 33 ל 38 אלף דולר לשנה

Slovo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 96

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p>הי תומר,

כפי שאתה בטח משער, הסכומים שונים מאוד בין בתי הספר – ואף בין השנים. כמעט בכל אתר של בית ספר ניתן לקבל את שכר הלימוד לשנה הבאה (לדוגמא בסטנפורד 41,000$, הארוורד 37,500$). את המידע תוכל למצוא תחת הקטגוריה של Financial Aid, שם נותנים בדר"כ ניתוח של עלות לשנה הראשונה.

אם אתה מתעקש על ממוצע, הוא בערך 35,000$ לעשרייה הראשונה ב 2004 (וזה ללא ספק עלה מאז).

בהצלחה

g_keren
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

שלום לכולם,

שמי קרן ואני מעוניינת בפרטים על המשך לימודים לתואר ראשון בתקשורת בהונג קונג.
    סיימתי שנה ראשונה של לימודים במכללה האקדמית נתניה ואני מעוניינת לדעת האם יש מכללות/אוניברסיטאות אשר אפשר להמשיך את לימודי מהנקודה שהפסקתי בה בהונג קונג.
    האם יש עזרה לסטודנטים הבאים מחו"ל ופרטים על שכר לימוד כמובן יתקבל בברכה.

אנו מתכננים לעבור להונג לזמן בלתי מוגבל ולכן חשוב לי לדעת את הפרטים האלו, כי בעצם רק הלימודים מדאיגים אותי מאוד במעבר הזה.

תודה לכולם מראש

שבת שלום,

קרן

rl_7
    חבר

To: dalit, odrp, boazcn

Guys

Has anyone heard from Ohad Greenfeld lately? If so, do you have his contact details?

odrp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 293

To: rl_7

בוודאי, הוא בחיים (לפחות עד לפני כמה שעות שדיברתי איתו…).

שלח אלי רגע מייל ואשלח לך את הכתובת שלו.

עודד.

(ובהזדמנות זו, מה העניינים? מה שלום כולם? כמה אנשים נרשמים השנה להרווארד? ולמה אף אחד לא פונה אלינו בשאלות למרות שכבר ספטמבר? נו טוב, אם מישהו צריך משהו אשמח לסייע.)

dvasht
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 138

שלום לכולם!
    אני מעוניין להתחיל ללמוד בספטמבר 2007 לאחת מ-20 התוכניות הטובות בארה"ב, ויש לי מספר שאלות ואני אשמח לקבל תשובות ממי שיש לו את המידע…:

1. בנוגע למימון הלימודים- מה הסיכוי לקבל מילגה באחת מ-20 התוכניות הטובות, ומה הסיכוי לקבל הלוואות לסכומים הכל כך גבוהים הללו?

2. שאלה בנוגע לויזות- אני כרגע חי עם חברתי, שתהיה אשתי שתחיה לעתיד- שאלתי היא כזאת- האם היא יכולה לקבל ויזה דרך הויזה שלי? ואם לא נהיה נשואים עד אז, יש איזשהו סיכוי שהיא תוכל להוציא ויזה לעצמה באיזושהי דרך?

3. האם בשנה הראשונה ללימודים האוניברסיטאות יכולות לחייב מגורים במעונות?

4. מהי רמת הקושי בהוצאת ויזת עבודה לאחר סיום התואר?

5. באם החלטתי ללמוד באירופה, אינסייד לדוגמא, מהו הלכה למעשה האיזור הגיאוגרפי שבו אני משמש שמועמד ראוי לעבודה בהנחה שהשפה הנוספת היחידה אותה אני מדבר היא אנגלית? שאלתי היא למעשה- מהו המינוף שאני מקבל מלימודים באירופה- האם בארץ יעריכו תואר כזה?

תודה רבה מראש על התשובות

תומר

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

To: רוצהMBA

Hi Tsahala, I'm a second-year at MIT Sloan; feel free to contact me.

[email protected]

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 901 עד 950 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.