Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 1: שאל את ארינגו: תהליך הקבלה

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 651 עד 700 (מתוך 1,134 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • aringo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1368

To: l_gidi

Gilam hi
    I am just beginning to think about applying to a top MBA program that specialized in finance.
    I am working in one of the world biggest accounting firms but I was thinking trying to work abroad after finishing my practice and getting my CPA. Do you think that leaving the firm can harm my application chances?
    Thanks in advance

Yedidi, it depends where you leave to – which firm, what position, which location. In general, leaving your job after 2 years (if I remember correctly, that's the CPA internship, right?) for a better job in terms of the above aspects (more leadership opportunities, more international exposure) could do good for your admission chances.

avig
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

To: alonw

היי אלון

מה המצב? לאיפה אתה מתכנן להרשם? אנחנו נראה לי מאותו רקע ועם אותו תחומי עניין

ואפילו נראה לי שלמדנו ביחד בתואר ראשון בתל אביב (וקס?) אני חושב על כיוון של ניו יורק ובוסטון בגלל שלאישתי יש שם משפחה – אז אני מתכנן להרשם להרווארד קולומביה בבסון MIT NYU

בהצלחה בתהליך

alonw
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

To: avig

yes its me

alo[email protected]

get in touch

A.

avig
    חבר

לאיפה אתה חושב להרשם? בהצלחה בתהליך ובטח עוד נחליף הרבה רשמים ומחשבות פה באתר ובאימייל

rl_7
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

To: Gilam

Gilam,

I'm standing in the middle of the process of choosing my prefered programs. I don't know yet what I really want to do after graduation (and I probably won't know until I'll start the MBA) and so I want to keep all the options.

1) I'm seriously thinking about Kellog as my "stretch school". However, I have some doubts if this is the right school for me because of its strong name in marketing (nobody speaks about its program in finance/general managment), and as I said I want to keep all the chances (especially the finance).

What do you think?

2) I want to study and work in the USA but I want to keep my chances for working in Europe after graduation. Which schools in the USA will the better ones for that?

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

To: rl_7

Hi,

I thought I will take a stab at this question and give my 2 cents biased opinion.

For finance you have 3 major schools (although they differ a bit between themselves in what areas and functions of finance they focus on) they are Wharton, Chicago and Columbia.

All of the schools are very international in their focus and have a great name in Europe:

Wharton- Joint program with Insead

Columbia- just look at their website + program with LBS (If I am not mistaken)

Chicago- Their own campus in Barcelona with a big executive program (and tons of alumni there)

Now my 2 cents on Chicago- I personally know (and experienced it first hand) that European companies value US education very much, the thing is that top European companies or US companies in Europe (banks and consulting companies) wish to diversify their work force and not just recruit from Insead, LBS, LSE and maybe IMD. I participated in the Eurotrek and saw the welcoming attitude of these corporation first hand. Moreover, a huge portion of my class mates now work in Europe, mostly in London ranging from Goldman and MS, McKinsey and BCG to Diageo and P&G with no problems (maybe it is even an easier route to take).

Now for general management- this is going to be a bit of an academic answer so I apologize in advance- for over a century there are two main Business school teaching disciplines:

The Harvard version- which is based on cases and less of in depth education, but more on the classmates.

The Chicago version- based on fundementals, the idea is to give the student a thorough understanding of the business pillars so he could later apply them as he see fit through his career.

All the other schools where in the middle between these two approaches and even in Chicago, almost half of my classes were case based and in HBS you have enough lecture time now so it is not definite- why am I telling you lot this mambo. I just wanted to point out that after a year in Chicago, I truely believe this is an amazing general management school (although when someone just "scan" the school it is not percieved this way) and many of my classmates came to school for a general management concentration (the 3rd most popular after Finance and Entrepreneurship) becuase of the amazing level of teaching that the school gives you.

As always- I and the rest of the students would be more than happy to answer questions and assist people who are interested in the school.

After a year I am really happy with my decision and the experience is WAY better than what I initially imagined.

Assaf

[email protected]

rl_7
    חבר

To: Assaf Wand

Thank you very much

aringo
    חבר

Gilam,

I'm standing in the middle of the process of choosing my prefered programs. I don't know yet what I really want to do after graduation (and I probably won't know until I'll start the MBA) and so I want to keep all the options.

1) I'm seriously thinking about Kellog as my "stretch school". However, I have some doubts if this is the right school for me because of its strong name in marketing (nobody speaks about its program in finance/general managment), and as I said I want to keep all the chances (especially the finance).
    What do you think?

First, many thanks go to Assaf for helping out and giving you an excellent answer.
    I think that you will be able to get pretty good finance education at Kellogg if you interest is in general management or in business in general. If you were focused on, say investment banking, I would have said you are better off going to a finance-focused school. Since it sounds like your interest is not particularly finance, I think that Kellogg can cover the finance angel well enough for you. I must admit that in retrospect it seems that I studied way too much finance at Wharton (I took too many finance electives… they are so strong at this it's a pity not to take) relative to what I needed for the management and marketing positions that I held.

2) I want to study and work in the USA but I want to keep my chances for working in Europe after graduation. Which schools in the USA will the better ones for that?

If you look at the Financial Times rankings (you can see them together with the Business Week, US News and WSJ rankings at http://aringo.co.il/HebrewSite/h-schools.htm) you can get a pretty good idea about US schools that have a strong name in Europe. I would say that HBS stands high above the others, and names such as Yale, Wharton, Stanford, MIT, NYU, Columbia and Chicago are strong too. In Europe, many people (especially outside the business world) are familiar with the names of the famous universities and not necessarily with the names of all the business schools (i.e. MIT vs. Sloan), so the "big university names" work particularly well.

ifakhoury
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Gilam

I'm an MBA student at the university of Haifa and I'm thinking about doing a PhD in the USA. While surfing the internet I found out that most universities in the States have PhD programs that include graduate studies. Do you have information about progams designated for MBA graduates? What are the admission criteria and are they any different from the MBA admission, for example do they require GMAT?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Avi.

manuzur
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

To: ifakhoury

אבי

מרבית התוכניות של דוקטורט בארה"ב דורשות רק תואר ראשון לקבלה ומעניקות לך תואר שני ודוקטור – ואם יש לך כבר תואר שני אז אתה יכול לקבל מספר פטורים מכמה קורסים של תואר שני. יש כמה תוכניות אשר מעניקות דוקטורט לבוגרי תואר שני במסלול מקוצר אבל זה תוכניות ברמה מאוד נמוכה (שאתה יכול לעשות את התואר בהתכתבות אפילו מהארץ).

לגבי הקבלה – הדרישה היא אחד מהמבחנים הבאים:

GMAT או GRE

כאשר חלק מהתוכניות לא מקבלות גמאט – כגון תוכנית המימון באוניברסיטת קולומביה

הדגש בקבלה הוא לא על ניסיון העבודה או פעילות חברתית כמו בתואר שני במנהל עסקים אלא על ציונים, יכולת מחקר (למשל אם כבר פירסמת מאמרים או לא) ועל המלצות אך ורק מאנשי אקדמיה ולא מבוסים ממקומות העבודה

בכל מקרה אם יש לך עוד שאלות אני אשמח לנסות ולעזור לך עם מעט הידע שצברתי בנושא

rl_7
    חבר

Gilam,

First of all, thank you very much.

Second, Which schools do you think ensure their graduates the maximum possible option without hurting the chances? (it is clear that a school which focuses on a specific industry, such as Wharton, will ensure better chances in its specific field. However, I'm looking for schools that give you the maximum options with reasonable and positive chances to take advantage of each option)

Thanks

shlomisalant
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

גילעם שלום,

דבר ראשון, הייתי בפורום במרכז הבינתחומי ועלי לציין שהיה מעניין מאוד. תודה רבה.

כמו כן, ברצוני לשאול מספר שאלות:

1.לגבי ניסיון עבודה – האם משנה סוג העבודה? אני עובד כתוכניתן קצת למעלה משנה, ושירתתי בצבא שנתיים ועשרה חודשים (בבקו"ם). האם זהו ניסיון מספיק על מנת להגיש בקשה לקבלה?

2.לגבי המלצות – מאילו אנשים כדאי להביא המלצות? אנשים שעבדתי תחתם (המפקד שלי בצבא, הבוס שלי בעבודה), או אנשים שמכירים אותי (חברים של המשפחה וכדומה)?לגבי מרצים מהאוניברסיטה – לא נראה לי שזה אקטואלי, מכיוון שלא היה לי קשר אישי עם אף אחד מהם.

3.הבנתי שנושא החיבורים מאוד חשוב. כמו כן הבנתי שארינגו מספקת עזרה מקצועית בכל תהליך הקבלה. האם אני יכול לצאת מנקודת הנחה שבעזרת שירותיה של ארינגו החיבורים שלי יהיו מספיק טובים?

בתודה מראש,

שלומי

alonw
    חבר

To: egeg, Gilam

Hi Gilam and all

First off – to all that had a part in yesterday's event – my thanks.

Now to the point (s) – some raised from the issues addressed last night and some that were not:

1. Gilam mentioned that there are schools that require an upfront interview, i.e. prior to the application process. Please elaborate on this issue and if possible – layout the b-schools names.

2. the GPA issue and its influence on an application. I graduated from TAU with a 79 average – comp science & economics. This is a pretty low average (what can I say – lots of drinks, fun and work …) and is roughly the lower number of the ranges of all profiles of the GPA ranges I gave seem for most b-schools. What I have been often is that the more your work experience and personal achievements are great, the less your GPA will influence (the usual equation – if one stinks, the rest compensate). However – is 79 a problem on its own?

Last night the fabulous panel of graduates addressed the relevance of the institutes in IL where one studied. if you could please provide further info and the names of schools where the institute (TAU for e.g.) is of relevance.

Please address the relevance of math scores and general math profile – such as high undergrad course marks, 50 on the GMAT, high school marks (???) etc. Your math profile as I know must be very strong…

3. The GMAT score is believed to be important but a 760 will not get you right through the door, and with a 680 and great application you very well may. Please address the GMAT score on its own – any influence? I have heard that in order to raise their GMAT enrollment average b-schools hand out scholarships to high GMAT scores applicants…

4. And yes, finally – financial aid – is this part entirely irrelevant for non-Americans? is there anything we can do to apply for any scholarships? Letters, financial status of self / family, pleading and begging?

As always – thanks in advance,

A.

egeg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 91

אני אענה על מעט מהדברים שאני יודע – ואני בטוח שגלעם יכול להוסיף עוד הרבה מאוד על זה.

לגבי ציונים – ממוצע 79 הוא יחסית נמוך ויכול להוות בעיה מסוימת, למרות שאם אתה עם המון ניסיון עבודה, גמאט מאוד גבוה או נקודות חזקות אחרות – לא הממוצע הנמוך ימנע ממך להתקבל. למרות שיש בתי ספר ששמים יותר דגש על עניין הציונים כגון הרוורד שיקגו וסטנפורד (ממה שאני ביררתי אבל זה רק דברים לא מבוססים אלא ברמת השמועות או הסטטיסטיקות)

מנגד יש בתי ספר ששמים דגש מאוד כבד על האוניברסיטה שהגעת ממנה – למשל הרוורד לא אוהבת לקבל אנשים שסיימו בארץ מכללות ומעדיפים את בוגרי תל אביב וירושלים

וכמובן שיש בתי ספר ששמים דגש הכי גדול על עבודה ואפילו מקבלים לתואר שני סטודנטים ללא תואר ראשון למש אינסיאד בצרפת

לגבי ציונים של תואר וגמאט – זה רק פאקטור אחד מתמונה גדולה, שבא להראות לבית הספר שאתה תוכל להתמודד עם הלחץ הלימודי במהלך השנתיים.

מלגות – ממש קשה להשיג. יש לאוניברסיטאות מלגות שלהן שהן מחלקות ויש מלגות של קרן פולברייט (אבל מיועדות יותר לדוקטורנטים ולפוסט דוקטורנטים) ויש מלגות שגופים בארץ מעניקים כמו קרן פישמן או רוטשילד אבל אתה מתחייב לחזור מיד עם סיום התואר לעבוד בארץ. אם אתה באמת חושב על תואר שני בחו"ל אז תתכונן להתחיל למשכן את עצמך לכמה שנים הקרובות

אני מקווה שזה עזר לך

בהצלחה עמית

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

גם אני אתרום קצת מהניסיון הפרטי שלי:

לעניין הראיונות, אני התראיינתי לפני האפליקיישן בDuke וב-Darden (אני חושב שגם במישיגן אפשר). אני חושב שזאת התנסות טובה וגם נותן לך כיוון מה לכתוב בחיבורים.

לעניין המלגות, הניסיון שלי היה די טוב. פחות או יותר ראיתי שככל שאתה יורד בדירוג הסיכוי שלך למצוא מלגה טוב יותר. עניין המלגות, לדעתי, מאד גמיש — הם מוכנים לתת כסף למי שהם באמת רוצים, ולכן טוב ואפילו מומלץ להגיש מסמכים או בקשות נוספות אחרי שהתקבלת (למרות שבד"כ הם אומרים לך שהתהליך אוטומטי).

בכל מקרה, קח בחשבון שגם מלגה של $20K (שזה יפה מאד) זה עדיין חלק קטן מההשקעה.

בהצלחה!

alonw
    חבר

To: kassifo, Gilam, egeg, danteleman2002

הי,

תודה על המידע – אשמח לפרוט איך לבקש מלגה – מכתב אישי, מילוי ה-financial aid שנמצא בכל בקשה?

בקשר לראיונות מוקדמים – מה נוהלי התאום (אני כל הזמן הלוך חזור לארה"ב)? האם ניתן ואיך לקבוע מראש? האם ניתן בישראל? טיפ של אלופים?

ןהכי חשוב – האם ראיונות אלו כראיונות רגילים – כלומר מהווים משקל רב? ראיונות סינון ראשוני?

תודה!!!

א.

danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

To: alonw, Gilam, kassifo

I would not interview to a school before sending in the application as kassifo recommended.

As an interviewer, I can tell you that it clearly shows in your interview. A negative feedback from an interviewers carries a larger weight than a postive one.

If you want to practice your interview skills do that with friends or professionals. The real interview is not a testing ground.

Danny

kassifo
    חבר

אני הייתי מוסיף מכתב למי שמחלק את המלגות (לא להתבייש לשלוח גם ל-director of financial aid). אתה יכול לציין שנורא בא לך על בי"ס X אבל בגלל שאתה זר העניין הכספי חשוב לך במיוחד. צריך למצוא דרך לרמוז להם שיש לך אופציות אחרות במסווה של שאלה או בקשה. למשל: "אני יודע שבי"ס Y נותן מלגות לזרים (וכבר קיבלתי אחת), האם גם אצלכם יש דבר כזה?"

כדי לקבוע ראיונות – כמעט לכל ביה"ס יש מערכת ממוחשבת שעושה את זה, תחפש באתר של בי"ס תחת Visit או Campus Interview.

alonw
    חבר

To: kassifo, danteleman2002

thanks, but from the Fuqua site:

Alumni interviews are only available to applicants who reside outside of the U.S. and in selected cities on the west coast <http://www.fuqua.duke.edu/admin/daymba/admissions/interviews.html&gt;. To schedule an alumni interview, candidates must make their request on the interview section of the online application. Alumni interviews will not be scheduled prior to submission of your application. If you choose to have an alumni interview, you will not be eligible for a campus interview, however, you are welcome to visit our campus, meet our students and participate in the tour of the facilities and class visit. Alumni interviews are conducted based on the availability of alumni and typically last 30-45 minutes. All interviews are conducted in English.

Moreover – if anyone has a list of interview dates/locations eorldwide (IL espacially) I'd appreciate it

thanks,

A.

rl_7
    חבר

Alon,

The passage you attached is talking about the alumni interview. However, the on-campus interview might be different regarding its rules and obligations, i.e. maybe you can interview on-campus before you submit your aplication.

I am a prospected candidate as you are and I prefer not to interview before I submit my application since that I want to come to the interview while I know exactly what to say (and that will happen only after I'll finish my application or at least close to this stage). So, I think that it's better to be interviewed after submitting the application or at least close to this point.

I hope I was helpful,

Ronnie Lavi

kassifo
    חבר

אני לא בטוח שהבנתי נכון, אבל כמו רוני אני חושב שזה מתייחס רק לראיונות עם בוגרים.

לפי מה שאני זוכר, כשקבעתי ביקור בקמפוס היתה שם שאלה "האם אתה רוצה גם להתראיין?" והחלטתי ללכת על זה. תתחיל את התהליך של קביעת תאריך לביקור ותראה את זה.

Rastinyak
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

Gilam,

I tried posting it yesterday night but something is wrong with the site or with its moderator.

I work in an international blue chip firm. From conversations with colleagues and superiors in my firm and in other companies I noticed a strong convention that there are 3 schools – Harvard/Wharton/Stanford, which are "a league of their own" (I hear that phrase all the time) and all the other top 10 schools are one league below. Now, I know for a fact that this is indeed the case in the U.S and most of Europe.

My questions are:

1. Do you think that in the Israeli business arena these 3 schools also regarded as a league of their own?

2. Do you think it's too risky to apply only to these 3 schools?

Thank you.

aringo
    חבר

To: ifakhoury

Gilam

I'm an MBA student at the university of Haifa and I'm thinking about doing a PhD in the USA. While surfing the internet I found out that most universities in the States have PhD programs that include graduate studies. Do you have information about progams designated for MBA graduates? What are the admission criteria and are they any different from the MBA admission, for example do they require GMAT?

Avi, our focus is on MBA admissions. Unfortunately I can't help with that one.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Sorry I couldn't help… I hope that manuzur's answer helped you.

aringo
    חבר

To: shlomisalant

גילעם שלום,

דבר ראשון, הייתי בפורום במרכז הבינתחומי ועלי לציין שהיה מעניין מאוד. תודה רבה.

תודה על התודה, שמח שזה עזר.

כמו כן, ברצוני לשאול מספר שאלות:

1.לגבי ניסיון עבודה – האם משנה סוג העבודה? אני עובד כתוכניתן קצת למעלה משנה, ושירתתי בצבא שנתיים ועשרה חודשים (בבקו"ם). האם זהו ניסיון מספיק על מנת להגיש בקשה לקבלה?

ובכן, התשובה לשאלה זו תלויה בשאר נתוניך ובזהות המוסדות שאתה פונה אליהם. בעקרון, הנסיון שהזכרת אינו מוציא אותך מהמשחק בטופ-20, וראיתי חבר'ה שהתקבלו עם פחות נסיון או עם נסיון פחות מרשים.

2.לגבי המלצות – מאילו אנשים כדאי להביא המלצות? אנשים שעבדתי תחתם (המפקד שלי בצבא, הבוס שלי בעבודה), או אנשים שמכירים אותי (חברים של המשפחה וכדומה)?לגבי מרצים מהאוניברסיטה – לא נראה לי שזה אקטואלי, מכיוון שלא היה לי קשר אישי עם אף אחד מהם.

הדרישות של כל בי"ס טיפה שונות. אז, ראשית, חשוב לקרוא את ההנחיות הספציפיות שנותן בעניין זה ביה"ס שאתה פונה אליו.
    התשובה הכללית לגבי שאלתך היא בד"כ – אנשים שפיקחו על עבודתך. יל, עם זאת, מבקשים פרופסור, סטנפורד מבקשים קולגה, ותתקל בעוד חריגים שונים ומשונים.

3.הבנתי שנושא החיבורים מאוד חשוב. כמו כן הבנתי שארינגו מספקת עזרה מקצועית בכל תהליך הקבלה. האם אני יכול לצאת מנקודת הנחה שבעזרת שירותיה של ארינגו החיבורים שלי יהיו מספיק טובים?

שלומי, שאלה טובה. התשובה הקצרה היא: בד"כ כן.

התשובה הארוכה, והנכונה יותר, היא:

א. מספיק טובים להתקבל? תלוי לאן, ותלוי מהם נתוניך. סלחו לי בנות על המטאפורה, אבל זו הדוגמא הכי טובה שעולה אצלי כרגע – ארינגו, אם היתה סוכנות דוגמניות, היתה יכולה לעזור לבחורה חתיכה להפוך לסגנית שניה של מיס יוניברס, ולבחורה חתיכה מאוד להפוך למיס יוניברס. וזאת בהנחה שהן היו משקיעות את הזמן, הכסף והאנרגיה הנדרשים.

ב. תהליך העבודה איתנו הוא הדדי וצוותי. חיבורים מוצלחים הם חיבורים אותנטיים מחד ואפקטיביים מאידך. אם תחשוב: "יש לי את ארינגו, אני מסודר" – תטעה טעות חמורה! חשוב שתיתן את הלב, שתחזק את החיבורים עוד ועוד, שתבדוק אותם ואותנו, שתחלום עליהם בלילה ותחשוב במקלחת (-; על עוד שיפורים.

ג. בלי זה אי אפשר – disclaimer: ארינגו אינה יכולה להבטיח כי תתקבל אל המוסדות שארינגו עוזרת לך לפנות אליהם. ארינגו אינה טוענת או מתחייבת לאיכות מסויימת, לסטנדרט מסויים או לתוצאה מסויימת של העבודה.

בתודה מראש,

בבקשה ובהצלחה!

aringo
    חבר

To: Rastinyak

Gilam,

I tried posting it yesterday night but something is wrong with the site or with its moderator.

I work in an international blue chip firm. From conversations with colleagues and superiors in my firm and in other companies I noticed a strong convention that there are 3 schools – Harvard/Wharton/Stanford, which are "a league of their own" (I hear that phrase all the time) and all the other top 10 schools are one league below. Now, I know for a fact that this is indeed the case in the U.S and most of Europe.

My questions are:

1. Do you think that in the Israeli business arena these 3 schools also regarded as a league of their own?

I think that in Israel HBS is kind of a "league of it's own", then Wharton and Stanford, not very far behind when you're dealing with the local business community.

2. Do you think it's too risky to apply only to these 3 schools?

Well, it is risky. There is hardly anyone for which you can say "he is surely going to get into one of these three" (there are a few such people that I see each year). Is it too risky? That depends on your application quality, your stats, and your level of risk aversion. Some people say "I want to have the experience, and I want to have it this year". Others say "it's top X or nothing for me".

aringo
    חבר

Hi Gilam and all

First off – to all that had a part in yesterday's event – my thanks.

Thank you, Alon. And thank you egeg for helping out.

Now to the point (s) – some raised from the issues addressed last night and some that were not:

1. Gilam mentioned that there are schools that require an upfront interview, i.e. prior to the application process. Please elaborate on this issue and if possible – layout the b-schools names.

Chicago, Duke, Darden if I remember correctly.

2. the GPA issue and its influence on an application. I graduated from TAU with a 79 average – comp science & economics. This is a pretty low average (what can I say – lots of drinks, fun and work …) and is roughly the lower number of the ranges of all profiles of the GPA ranges I gave seem for most b-schools. What I have been often is that the more your work experience and personal achievements are great, the less your GPA will influence (the usual equation – if one stinks, the rest compensate). However – is 79 a problem on its own?

Last night the fabulous panel of graduates addressed the relevance of the institutes in IL where one studied. if you could please provide further info and the names of schools where the institute (TAU for e.g.) is of relevance.

Please address the relevance of math scores and general math profile – such as high undergrad course marks, 50 on the GMAT, high school marks (???) etc. Your math profile as I know must be very strong…

As to the GPA – depends where. In most top-20 schools, it will be a concern (a smaller concern among 10-20 adcom folks) that, as you said, will have to be countered with/alleviated by other data. Strong essays, strong GMAT, strong resume (content + presentation), strong recommendations, interview – all of these can cover for the GPA and help you get in. Every year, people with GPA's like yours get into Harvard, Wharton and other top schools.

In general, it is a wholistic process. The adcom looks at the overall picture. 50 in the GMAT math won't get you in, and 40 won't necessarily leave you out. As mentioned on Tuesday, Kellogg will have more ability to differentiate between the different academic institutions and so will probably Cornell, possibly Duke, and others (the reveiw policy could change from year to year, we need to check specifically for each school for each year). Wharton and HBS will probably less differentiate.

3. The GMAT score is believed to be important but a 760 will not get you right through the door, and with a 680 and great application you very well may. Please address the GMAT score on its own – any influence? I have heard that in order to raise their GMAT enrollment average b-schools hand out scholarships to high GMAT scores applicants…

Alon, take a look at the GMAT part of this: http://www.aringo.co.il/HebrewSite/h-AdmissionCriteria.htm

Scholarships are provided in most cases on a holistic basis – overall attractiveness on the candidte. You are right, in some of the cases smaller/lower ranked schools will try to increase their average GMAT in the way you mentioned.

4. And yes, finally – financial aid – is this part entirely irrelevant for non-Americans? is there anything we can do to apply for any scholarships? Letters, financial status of self / family, pleading and begging?

In most cases, the best you can do to get a scholarship is to prepare the best application possbile and to have the strongest credentials possible. It may cheer you up a bit to see some scholarship data from last year:

http://aringo.co.il/HebrewSite/Results.htm

As always – thanks in advance,

You're most welcome. You had some excellent questions.

kassifo
    חבר

האמת שאני קצת נעלבתי מההשוואה לסוכנות דוגמניות…

Rastinyak
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

I understand that HBS is extremely not friendly to re-applicants.

When re-applying, is it waste of time/money/energy to reapply to HBS?

IchiBan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 216

To: Keren

Animal rights can be a big deal, you shouldn't be modest if you did something meaningful…

odrp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 293

To: Keren, Gilam

Reading Keren's background, I think at least one Israeli would be accepted this year to H/W/S.

danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

Keren,

I was happy to read that you're working on some project with Amgen, as I myslef am working for Amgen as a product Manager (ENBREL).

I graduated from the healthcare program at Duke in 2003, which is one of only 6 schools that Amgen is recruiting at. Our background is somwhat similar (atudai).

If you'd like to learn more about the program, don't hesitate to write.

Danny

shaill
    חבר

To: All

Hi,

Does anybody know how to translate an israeli GPA (in percenrage 0-100)

to the american GPA system ?

Thanks

Shai

rl_7
    חבר

To: shaill, All

Hey,

I'm also have this kind of question. I think that we can translate it in several ways.

My GPA is 77.8 which is exactly the average of my class and usually translated to 2.8-2.9. However,I think, and everybody please help me on this one, that it will be better to compare it to the average GPA is in the US which is (I think more than 2.9).

Everybody are welcome to comment on this issue.

Ronnie.

shaill
    חבר

To: rl_7, All

Hi,

I understood it is a bit more complicated as each school has a different grading method.

Shai

rl_7
    חבר

To: shaill

I forgot to say that I've heard that sometimes you can write N/A instead of translating

hbs2007
    חבר

I know that Columbia has a conversion table:

color=#800080 http://www0.gsb.columbia.edu/mba/admissions/apply/instructions/gpa

For other schools you usually have an excel sheet you have to fill in with all your course work (separately for each degree you earned) and state the 0-100 GPA. They usually prefer to leave the conversion for the admissions since it is not a scientific conversion but rather depends on the rigor of your studies and rarely the school in which you studied (different universities and different colleges).

greenfeld
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 282

יש לי תואר ראשון ושני במשפטים. הממוצע בראשון הוא 82, בשני הוא 89. האם אני יכול לכתוב את ה-GPA כ-89 ולהתעלם מהתואר הראשון?

hbs2007
    חבר

To: greenfeld

Hi,

First of all I should say I'm no expert but here is what I know:

You are required to submit the course work for each degree (including grades for each course) and calculate the GPA for each degree separetely. I'm not sure but I think that if you did your BA long time ago they will take into consideration the more recent grades.

egeg
    חבר

To: greenfeld

אתה ממש לא יכול להתעלם מהתואר הראשון

אתה חייב לפרט את שני התארים – אל תשחק עם האוניברסיטאות בקטעים הטילו כי הם מאוד קשוחים ויכולים להעיף אותך אפילו באמצע התואר אם יגלו שלא דיברת אמת

aringo
    חבר

To: Rastinyak

I understand that HBS is extremely not friendly to re-applicants.

When re-applying, is it waste of time/money/energy to reapply to HBS?

Often yes, sometimes not. For example:
    If you were rejected for a low GMAT (rare at HBS to be rejected just for this reason), then improving your GMAT and re-applying could be effective.
    If you were rejected after an interview, re-applying could be effective (depends on the rejection reasons).
    If you accumulated an extremely impressive leadership achievement between applying and re-applying, then re-applying could be effective.

aringo
    חבר

Gilam,

I need a quick assessment of my chances at Harvard/Wharton/Stanford:

26 y/o, female, GMAT 780, graduated from the Technion when I was 18 y/o (1st in class) and a year later completed my Ms. in molecular biology from the Wiseman institute in Rehovot (the work received numerous prizes and international recognitions and a shorter version was published in "Nature"). During my service at the IDF I worked on various biological fields and completed my PhD in the field of linkage of a gene causing familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis to chromosome 21 etc.. (shorter version was published in "England journal of medicine". I finished my service as a lieutenant. There are 2 patents on stem cells duplication methods that are pending to register under my name. I am determined to establish my own biotech company that will use stem cells tech. to improve the humanity future. I believe that MBA from H/W/S will arm me with the network, tools, hard knowledge and experience that are crucial for my new venture success. I heard (from people in the biotech and pharma industry) and read a lot about the Wharton healthcare/biotech program and it seems perfect for my long terms plans.

Well, first, Kol Hakavod Keren on your amazing achievements!

The problem is that I never worked in a "real job". I worked only in research (although for the last 2.5 years I am working with Amgen on some projects). I understand that I need a real-world/real job professional experience and pure academic experience might cause a problem.

Depends where. W and S will probably be more welcoming than HBS in that regard.

almost forgot to mention that I don't have any extra/c activities except animal rights, swimming and shopping.

What say you?

Let me assume a strong application, one that effectively identifies and reflects your leadership potential. One that touches the right buttons at Stanford, those touchy-feely guys, and that lays out a realistic and exciting future plan. With that, you will be competitive at Wharton and Stanford. HBS will be a bit harder because their focus on leadership is extremely strong. You will need a bit more magic there. In order to have a more accurate assessment for HBS, I need to go deeper into your data and see what can be extracted on the leadership side.

Thank you for your help.

You're welcome. Much luck!

Gilam

IchiBan
    חבר

גילעם,

יש לך מושג או דרך לגלות מתי מתחילות שנות הלימודים באינסאד ואוקספורד?

אני אהיה בארה"ב בתחילת אוקטובר ואולי שווה לעצור בדרך חזרה.

האם בכלל כדאי לבקר בשלב כה מוקדם של השנה?

תודה

איצ'יבאן

robertok
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

To: IchiBan

איצ'יבאן,

באינסאד יש 2 טייקים שמתחילים האחד בספטמבר והשני בינואר. באוקספורד מתחילים הלימודים בספטמבר.

כדאי לך לחשוב לעבור ב IMD בלוזאן (הלימודים מתחילים בינואר אבל ישנם ימי ביקור בקמפוס כל השנה).

IchiBan
    חבר

To: robertok

הי

באינסאד הייתי.

הטיסה היא בבריטיש אז לעצור באוקספורד מתבקש.

ל-IMD אני אסע אם אחליט להרשם לשם.

תודה!

gadishyoni
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

גילם שלום ,

אני רוצה ללמוד באינסאד בספטמבר 2005 אך ע"מ לשפר את סיכויי אגיש את מועמדותי גם ל- IMD ו LBS

אני בן 25.5, יליד צרפת (בעל אזרחות) דובר צרפתית ברמה מצוינת וספרדית ברמה בינונית

בנערותי הייתי חניך מדריך ורכז(בהתנדבות) בתנועת הנוער צופי ים בה הדרכתי וריכזתי עד 25 איש.

בצבא סיימתי קורס חובלים וכסגן מפקד דבורה פיקדתי על 10 אנשים (לצערי, השתחררתי לפני כניסתי לקבע מסיבות רפואיות)

אני בוגר הנדסת תעשיה וניהול באוניברסיטת ת"א, ממוצע תואר 86

טרם ביצעתי GMAT אבל אני מכוון לציון גבוה ע"מ לכפר על ממוצע לא מצטיין

עובד בארבע שנים האחרונות בחברת ייעוץ בנושאי הנדסת תעשיה וניהול וניתוח מערכות כיועץ ולאחרונה כמנהל פרוייקטים בפועל (ללא ה Title)- עבדתי שנתיים בחצי משרה ושנתיים במשרה מלאה.

תודה

יוני

levgeny
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

היי,

אני סימתי תואר ראשון במנהל עסקים באוניברסיטת Derby בישראל.

השאלה שלי ,האם יש לי סיכוי להתקבל לMBA בחו"ל ?

ומה אני צריך לעשות בישביל זה ?

תודה מראש,

יבגני

egeg
    חבר

To: levgeny

אנשים התקבלו ללמודים בהרבה מהאוניברסיטאות המובילות לאחר שסיימו תארים ראשון במכללות בישראל – השאלה מה עשית לאחר התואר זה הרבה יותר רלבנטי

egeg
    חבר

To: levgeny

אנשים התקבלו ללמודים בהרבה מהאוניברסיטאות המובילות לאחר שסיימו תארים ראשון במכללות בישראל – השאלה מה עשית לאחר התואר זה הרבה יותר רלבנטי

levgeny
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

To: egeg

תודה רבה על תגובתך, זו כבר התחלה טובה .

כעת אני מעוסק בחברת אינטל ישראל, כמהנדס (על סמך תואר הנדסאי שעסיתי לפני).

שמעתי שיש צורך בתקופת ניסיון בין תואר ראשון לתואר שני על מנת להתקבל.

במקרה שלי למדתי ועבדתי (באינטל) במקביל. מה הם התנאי להרשמה למסלול MBA בחו"ל בכלל ו-ארה"ב בפרט ?

תודה רבה !!!

aringo
    חבר

To: IchiBan

גילעם,

יש לך מושג או דרך לגלות מתי מתחילות שנות הלימודים באינסאד ואוקספורד?

מעבר למה שאמר רוברטו, תוכל לקבל תשובה מדוייקת אם תשלח אימייל לועדת הקבלה. מעבר לתאריך, סביר שה גם יוכלו להציע לך ביקור בכיתה ו/או שיחה למתעניינים עם מישהו מועדת הקבלה.

אני אהיה בארה"ב בתחילת אוקטובר ואולי שווה לעצור בדרך חזרה.

האם בכלל כדאי לבקר בשלב כה מוקדם של השנה?

בעיקר באספקט של הנטוורקינג, מאוד כדאי לעשות את הביקור כאשר יש סטודנטים בקמפוס.

תודה

בבקשה כבודו, ובהצלחה.

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 651 עד 700 (מתוך 1,134 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.