Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 1: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 451 עד 500 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • egeg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 91

In reply to Tzafrir from October 22 2003

Insead is not a public school in france but a private (american) school so it will not help you with scholarship. it could help you show a more internation life and all the schools love it

Tzafrir
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

שלום לכולם,

האם מישהו מכיר בתי ספר ציבוריים למנע"ס באירופה אשר עדיין נחשבים למצוינים ויוקרתיים,אך ששכר הלימוד בהם יותר "הגיוני" ביחס לבתיה"ס כגון

INSEAD, IMD

?

האם קיים יתרון (ביחס לתעסוקה בארץ/חו"ל) בלימוד בבי"ס כזה ע"פ לימוד בארץ (למשל באונ. ת"א)?

[ותודה ל-egeg]

egeg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 91

if ou speak french you can go to few the "local" school and it is almost free and very good but the study are in french

mbaq
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

האם מישהו מכיר/יודע האם יש בסיס לשמועה שבברקלי לא כל כך אוהבים ישראלים או את ישראל?

mikik
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 54

Hi all,

I have a Chicago phone interview coming up. Any ideas? Questions? Any help?

M.

ירון
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 28

why a phone interview? I had a personal one…

the questions are regular. Why MBA, why chicago, choices you've made so far and your plans for the future…. my interviewer really questioned me about what I wanted to do after MBA to the extent of what specific group in the company I wanted to work at….I wasn't prepard for that. She also asked specifically if I plan to stay in the US or come back to Israel…

If you have any other questios feel free to ask

yargan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

איפה הכי כדאי לקחת קורס gmat בתור מישהו שמתעתד ללמוד בחו"ל?

mikik
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 54

In reply to ירון from October 28 2003

Hi and thanks for your reply. I don't know why on the phone, I tried to argue that I know Israelis who had a "live" one, but got a negative answer. I'm really frightened for my chances now!!!

I'd be happy to talk to you on the phone in the weekend, if that's an option. Please mail me at [email protected]

Thanks again, M.

Yinnon-Cornell
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

Hi,

My name is Yinnon Dolev and I am a first year student at Cornell university.

If you have any questions regarding the the application process in general, or the MBA program at Cornell is particular, feel free to post them, and I will try to answer them.

All the best,

Yinnon

[email protected]

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

My take is that there are 7 big universities:

HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Chicago, Kellogg, MIT and Columbia

these are places all the big firms come to recruit in and are in a good relations with eachother

danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

In reply to Assaf Wand from October 29 2003

And you say that based on what?

Look at the placement statistics for some of the schools you mentioned as well as the companies that recruit there.

Top 5 doesn't mean anything. It's all about ones career goals and what school feets them best.

IchiBan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 216

די, די כבר עם הדירוגים המשמימים האלה. דיון שחוק מזה אין.

gbiron
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 213

Dan,

I don't understand what someone's feet have to do with any-thing…

Yinnon-Cornell
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

In reply to odrp from October 30 2003

155?

marco polo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

I agree with IchiBan.

It reminds me the pathetic discussions of Israeli youngsters about what army Unit is more prestige "Sayert X" or "Sayert Y" …

yuvala
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

Well, the ratings are problematic and can may be irrelevant in many cases, however, there is a different between the top schools, particularly in brand power, and in some case recruiting opportunities. For that matter HBS and Stanford have more brand power than other. Wharton, Kellogg, Chicago (for some sectors), Columbia, MIT (for some sectors) may offer almost the sime job opportunities as HBS and Stanford (though some school's career support system is less effective).

Certainly Cornell and Stanford are nor comparable.

feba
    חבר

Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can find information about scholarships (for women and general)?

feba
    חבר

For Sale:

The Princeton Review "Cracking the GMAT" 2001 edition book + CD-ROM.

Tel: 067-782302.

danteleman2002
    חבר

In reply to yuvala from October 31 2003

Are you currently an MBA student in the US?

Cause if not, you should look into the fine details of recruiting. You'd be suprised to find out exactly how many east coast companies are not willing to travel to the west coast for recruiting.

It's not to say that Stanford or HBS are not a great school, but in terms recruiting most of the companies you could think of will go to almsot all top 10-15 school to recruit and the only difference would be the number. In addtion, there are companies that refrain from going to some of these schools for various reasons.

Some of the school might have an advantage in their local region, Boston in the case of HBS/MIT, but that's understandble becuase it's easier for small companies to recruit close to home.

Just a thouhgt.

yuvaly
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

In reply to avi from November 01 2003

Hi Avi,

You could get the book at the US Educational Fund at Ben Yehuda st. no# 1 for 140 NIS.

Good luck,

Yuval

gbiron
    חבר

In reply to feba from October 31 2003

Feba,

I have a very extensive file about scholarships and would be happy to attach them here (don't know how…), so either teach me or send me your e-mail.

Ohadbar1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

In reply to gbiron from November 02 2003

could you please send me the file about scholarships at [email protected]. Thank you very much.

ram_men
    חבר

does anyone where can i fine a ranking list of the best MBA schools around the world??]

there suppose to be a very good school in Beijing , does anybode know any details about it?

please reply to

ram_men@netvision.net.il

yonis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 73

In reply to yuvala from October 31 2003

<SCRIPT language=javascript>postamble();
    In what way do you mean they are not comparable?

Tzafrir
    חבר

hi,

You got a highly wanted file there…. could you share it with me, too?

my email: [email protected]

thanks, Tzafrir.

gbiron
    חבר

In reply to Tzafrir from November 03 2003

5 shekels….

http://forums.businessweek.com/bw-bschools/messages/?msg=48975.1

Now everyone will have it..

Tzafrir
    חבר

In reply to gbiron from November 03 2003

THANX!

yuvala
    חבר

I am not trying to argue that all 10-15 top schools offer a lot of opportunities, however, I am arguing (and please try to convince me that I am wrong, as I know very well the policy of one recruiter and not all) that there are in fact schools that offer more opportunites than other (at least statistically). For that matter, ask anyone who recruits MBA graduates (and does get Stanford candidates) from a large consulting company if he treats Stanford and Cornell the same. This is not to say that Bain won't take someone from cornell. In the tough market out there today – if you can get toa top 5 rather than top 15 it will make a difference – it is not just a pissing competition. Furthermore, in some cases the stident body is different,

gbiron
    חבר

In reply to yuvala from November 03 2003

I don't agree with you. First of all I think that companies recruit locally and based on their immediate needs, meaning that branches in NY might decide on driving to Cornell before they get on a plane to Stanford. Second, I think that each school has its own specialties (Cornell if I'm not mistaken is strong in General Management) and its connections with different recruiters (just like insead has strong relations with Mckinsey) and these put much more weight on who will ultimately recruit from them.

In my opinion there are so many factors that have to be put into the equation that helps you decide which school to go to (luck being one of them) and the actual place in the ranking isn't important at all (especially regarding the fact that the rankings change between the sites) as long as it "top 20" one should be o.k.

yuvala
    חבר

In reply to gbiron from November 03 2003

Yes, for geographic reasons, certainly location makes a difference. And if you study on the west coast and want to work on the east coast, even from Stanford, you might have less opportunites. As for your other comments – check McKinsey recruting statistics for example (2 years ago it was about 40 from HBS 15 from Wharton 14 from Stanford, 12 from Kellogg, 10 from Columbia and maybe few from other schools). I have a friend from Insead (graduated summer 2002 that was one of the only 3 or 4 in his class to go to McKinsey, not including returning consultants).

I don't think all top 20 are the same. Nevertheless I think all of them give you similar theortical opportunites (notwithstanding the chance to realize them).

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

In reply to ram_men from November 02 2003

There is a good school in Beijing: Tsinghua University and their school of economics and management has an MBA program http://www.em.tsinghua.edu.cn the caveat is that I do not know if you can go through the program without speaking Chinese, though I assume they are aspiring to that. I recently had dinner with a professor in the program that does not speak Chinese and he cannot speak with many of his co-faculty as they do not speak English…. Saying that, if you are serious about China, learning Chinese is not a bad proposition albeit a difficult one.
    A top MBA program though not in Beijing is in Shanghai http://www.ceibs.edu
    I have not seen rankings for any of these schools but have heard that they are good. Israel, in my opinion needs more "ambassadors" to China, the hottest economy around.
    Hope this helps
    Asher

yuvaly
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 9

Hi,

I would be most appreciative if you send the Scholarship data file also to

[email protected]

Thanks.

Yuval

gbiron
    חבר

In reply to yuvaly from November 04 2003

here is the link again:

http://forums.businessweek.com/bw-bschools/messages/?msg=48975.1

FEDA
    חבר

Thanks a lot.

IchiBan
    חבר

GBIRON ושואפי LBS אחרים:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lbs-forum

איצ'יבן

gbiron
    חבר

In reply to IchiBan from November 05 2003

איצ'י,

אני מתפלא עליך, אני כבר חבר בפורום ההוא, שהוא אגב די ריק מתוכן.

dar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

Hi,

Could you please share your info with me as well.

Thank

Hila

[email protected]

gbiron
    חבר

Can someone help me here ?

is everyone blind ?

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

In reply to gbiron from November 05 2003

No, they are not blind… that just begin reading from the point they stopped the last time, and when they arive to your message they reply to it.

I believe that as ppl keep reading they understand that their post was unnecessary…

gbiron
    חבר

The presentation yesterday by Don Martin was nice. Its amazing how tolerant people were to his traveling stories…

omerl
    חבר

In reply to danteleman2002 from October 30 2003

Hi Dan,

I agree with your comment about what top schools mean. About Duke- what kind of career goals is is best suited for? a more operation type role after graduation, or more consulting type? the sectors of hi tech and pharma or also traditional industries?

Thnx a lot!

omer

IchiBan
    חבר

GBIRON,

למדתם משהו חדש במצגת?

gbiron
    חבר

In reply to IchiBan from November 06 2003

קודם כל היה אוכל אחלה, שזה תמיד חשוב וגם דון מרטין הוא חמד של בחור.

ברמה הפרקטית יותר, נחשפתי לביה"ס שהוא כידוע ממוקם גבוה בכל הדירוגים ובכל זאת לא מוכר כמו H/S/W או KELLOG. עושה רושם שיש להם מוצר רציני מאוד.

מעט מספרים (בערבון מוגבל מתוך הזכרון שלי):

כ- 36,000 בוגרים מתוכם 5,500 מנהלים היום בפועל חברות.

כ- 5,000 מגישים מועמדות כל שנה ו- 520 מתחילים לימודים.

85% מקבלים הצעה עד תום הלימודים ועד סוף השנה המספר מגיע לאיזור ה- 95%.

יש שם מספר מלגות על בסיס ציונים.

בכיתה האחרונה התחילו 5 ישראלים.

בקיצור שווה בדיקה מעמיקה יותר.

danteleman2002
    חבר

In reply to omerl from November 06 2003

Omer,

Duke has a reputation as a general management / marketing school. As such, we get a good mix of recruiters including all the I-banks and consulting companies as well as traditional industries such as hi-tech and consumer goods.

Because Duke has just one formal concentration, Healthcare Management, we get a large number of recruiters from this sectors including all the large pharam / biotech (I'm working for Amgen), medical devices and providers (hospitals / HMOs)

Danny

IDO100
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 23

HI

DOES ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT A PROGRAM OF MBA THAT COBINES ENERGY management – EVEN AS AN OUTPROGRAM OPITION ????(ONLY ONE I KNOW ABOUT IN COLUMBIA&TEXAS)

IDO

ירון
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 28

מישהו קיבל ראיון לוורטון?

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

In reply to gbiron from November 06 2003

So I guess once again we were in the same place and didn't meet…

BTW, was anyone there when don martin saw the wedding outside?? it was so funny!! he was amazes by the jewish retual…

gbiron
    חבר

In reply to dalit from November 08 2003

Apparently…

Next time we should prepare in advance, and call Ichiban too..

mbaq
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

mhaermolin באיזה שלב אתה נמצא, אני מבין שכבר הגשת את הטפסים, לאיזה אוניברסיטאות

IchiBan
    חבר

אם האוכל טוב הכל טוב

הארוע החלופי שלי התברר כבזבוז זמן מוחלט… נקסט טיים.

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 451 עד 500 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.