Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 1: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 201 עד 250 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • sivbi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

חייב לציין שהסיבות שלך נראות לי הנכונות! כי הן אישיות שלך.

פונה אל "המימוניות" – משלים אותך… וורטון, שיקגו, קולומביה, NYU.

צריך לזוז עכשיו… להית' בינתיים, ותודה.

Eynat
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

just graduated from Carnegie Mellon MBA, if you are interested in an MBA that is more focused on technology, operations and is considered more quatitative carnegie mellon might be a good choice. i would be happy to answer any questions about it. by the way i am not a very quantitative person (i am in marketing) but had a great experience in CMU and will recommend it very much.

karnibadm
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hi, Roy,

Michigan has an easy one. The "CitiAssist Loan" . All gradute students ( domestic and international) are eligible. The loan cannot exceed $50,761, which is equal to the cost of attendance for an academic year (you can take the same loan also in the second year). No co-signer is required for the loan, no payment while in school, up to 15 years to repay. For more information you can email me at : [email protected] (I have the recent term -sheet with me)

PatsFan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 27

Hello Eynat,

1) would you say that undergraduate degrees which are more scientific/technology oriented (such as electrical eng., computer science etc.) have an edge in Carnegie Mellon?

2) can you generally describe the profile of your class (engineers, economists etc.)?

3) I have more than a few questions for you regarding Carnegie Mellon's MBA program. I'd appreciate it if you could mail me your e-mail address so I can mail them to you.

Cheers (and thanx in advance),

Rom

יודה
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

אני הייתי חבר ב StudyUSA

התועלת העיקרית שהפקתי מהם זה קישורים לסטודנטים בבי"ס שנרשמתי אליהם ופאנלים עם סטודנטים ובוגרים שהסבירו על התהליך. לפי דעתי זה היה שווה את העלות של דמי החברות.

מלבד זאת הם ממליצים על בעלי מקצוע שעושים עריכת חיבורים.

לפי דעתי אין שום צורך בעזרה מקצועית בתהליך הרישום (מלבד עריכת החיבורים למישהו שאין לו ניסיון רב בכתיבה באנגלית). עזרה כזאת היא יקרה ומיותרת (שוב – עזרה בעריכה בלבד היא ממוקדת ויכולה להיות זולה בגלל שהתשלום הוא בדר"כ לשעה). את כל הידע שאתה צריך בנושא החיפוש והרישום אתה יכול לקבל בחינם ובאיכות טובה משיחות עם סטודנטים ומפורומים כאלה (אף יועץ לא יודע יותר מהסטודנט הממוצע שהתקבל לפני שנה).

אני גם מציע לא להתרשם יותר מדי מהטענה שהעלות של הלימודים הופכת הוצאה של $2000, $3000, $5000 ללא משמעותית בתמונה הכללית. זאת הוצאה משמעותית מאד במיוחד לאור העלות של הלימודים (גם הרישום עצמו יקר: $150-200 לכל בי"ס). אם ההורים שלך לא יממנו לך את כל שכר הלימוד ושכ"ד, תאמין לי שאתה תספור דולר לדולר בזמן הלימודים, אז כדאי לחסוך מהיום.

בכל מקרה, אם אתה נעזר ביועץ, תעשה זאת רק עם מישהו שקיבלת לגביו המלצה אישית ממישהו שנעזר בשירותיו.

בהצלחה.

danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

Udi,

As a Fuqua alum and a member of the admission committe, I had a chance to interview Israeli applicants.

I would be happy to share my experience on this thread. I agree with what Leanna had to say, but if you have specific questions please post them and I'll try to do my best to answer them.

Danny

danteleman2002
    חבר

Eynat,

How's the full time job outlook at CMU?

Have yo found one?

Danny

Ichi-ban
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

Dalit,

I'm thinking about Europe for the same reasons as you. Can you really survive the MBA on American coffee!? Please…

You stated you like the shorter program, but LBS and IESE are the same as US schools. Have you thought of Insead, IMD, Said, Judge, RSM etc.?

IchiBan

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

Well, Ichi, I am still in the beginning of my research. I am planning to apply only next year…

Regarding the school you mantioned: I'm trying to be realistic. There is (almost) no way I will get into Insead. Also I think that the Swiss mentality is something that as a very Israeli person I will find it very difficult to adjust to, so here goes IMD, and about the others… who knows? Maybe in a few days / months (it depends on how much reading time I have) I'll say that their an option too.

BTW, I don't drink coffee at all, but I am thinking about my spouse… american coffee will definitely kill him. I won't let this happen… I need his support

Where are you applying?

Ichi-ban
    חבר

Dalit,

Will apply in fall '04 for Insead, Said, and maybe Judge, RSM. I really want to apply to IMD but it only starts in January so I'll have to crystalize my work plan accordingly since I'm not sure how that can fit in in terms of timing. My impression is that it's the best program out there. Of course it's almost impossible to get into.

In my opinion, there is not real value in 2-yr. programs in Europe, since they cost the same as the much better US programs. What I read from the mediocre internship and job placement at LBS over the last couple of years (in comparison to Insead, IMD, even Said) is that European recruiters might not see the value in the longer program either. IESE looks great but I'm not counting on finding a job in Spain or coming back home right after school…

BTW I can read Hebrew on my PC, I just can't write…

IchiBan

uziz
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

התקבלתי השנה ל IMD ול LBS ואולי אני אוכל לעזור לכם בתהליך? עדין לא החלטתי לאן ללכת

PatsFan
    חבר

יודה,

תודה רבה על ההתייחסות. אתה יכול לציין לאיזה בי"ס נרשמת ולאילו התקבלת? האם סטודנטים/בוגרים ישבו איתך ועזרו לך בהכנת הבקשה? אני לא צריך עזרה בעריכת חיבור כי האנגלית שלי מצוינת, אני דווקא מעונין שמישהו בעל ראיה והבנה בדרישות של וועדות הקבלה, יעריך את תוכן הדברים – האם הודגשו הנושאים הנכונים במידה הנכונה, האם יש צורך להוסיף/להשמיט דברים מסוימים וכו'. האם לא עשית זאת בעצמך? האם הסטודנטים/בוגרים שדיברת איתם עזרו לך בתחומים אלה, ואם כן האם זה היה בתשלום (כמה בערך?)

ושוב תודה.

PatsFan
    חבר

מישהו מכיר/עבר קורס אצל ד"ר אלעד הלפרין מפרינסטון ויכול להעריך אותו כמדריך?

Amit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

Rom

Finding a list of alums is quite challenging. Try with Fulbright or start with current students of the relevant schools and ask them for the list. Obviously IIMBA is set in order to connect between prospective students, current students and alums so you are using at least one good tool. Which schools are you interested at?

As I didn’t use the services of such professionals I don’t know their contact details or anything about their track record but Fulbright should be a good starting point. I think that Gilam could help you with this as well. One advice I can give you if you do intend to use such services is to incorporate as much personal touch into the application including personal writing style. These services have many added values but the best applications are the ones that use professional services only as complements to the personal effort. It is quite easy to identify applicants who didn’t do so.

Classes in the US are titled by their GRADUATION year (I don’t know how is it in Europe). As such the class of ’06 will begin its studies on August ’04. You are not too late to apply to this class given a streamlined and efficient application process. At the Johnson School there is no big difference between the first and second round. It is highly recommended not to get to the third round though. At most of the other schools the policy is the same but consult with students and alums from the other schools for more details.

Amit

Amit
    חבר

The job search has became more and more challenging for everybody during the last three years with I-Banking and Consulting being the most difficult industries to get into. In addition, international students are facing bigger challenges than those who have US working permit. From the Johnson School’s statistics that is on par with the statistics of the other top business schools it seems that this year there were more internship offers than last year. Full time offers were at the level of last year or slightly more. One can argue that this is the beginning of a rebound but who know?

Personally, I focused on Private Equity and Strategic Consulting and signed an offer with a leading Strategy Consulting firm.

egeg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 91

כן מניסיון אישי – ונערך באנגלית אולם יש לי שני חברים טובים שעברו ראיונות באותה תקופה לאינסיאד והראיונות שלהם נערכו בעברית.

PatsFan
    חבר

Thank you very much Amit. The time and effort you put into your reply are very much appreciated.

How would you characterize the affiliation of the the different schools to subjects like finance, technology inovation, operations etc.?

Would you say that Cornell & Columibia are more "finance" oriented rather than "technology" oriented (that is compared to other programs such as Sloan, Haas, Stanford GSB, Wharton, CMU, Kellogs etc.)?

awand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

Hi Romb,

To add something to the lengthy answer by Amit, you can go to the IIMBA under the "about us" section you can find the schools moderators, who will be happy to assist you (or you can just click on this link http://www.iimba.org/moderators.asp) also we are holding the "how to get into top mba schools" panel on the 9th at the Interdisciplinary center in Herzeliya at 19:30 and there will be respresentatives from most school.

I personally going to Chicago this September and I was also WL at Stanford and HBS (with no luck at both) and will be happy to assist

Assaf

PatsFan
    חבר

Thanx Assaf. I'd love to hear your opinion and get your advice regarding the application process in general, and some specific related issues. I guess you won't be attending the event on the 9th, so I'd appreciate it if you could mail me so we can talk. Thanx again.

Eynat
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

about 50-60% of our class were engineers, so i would assume that engineers do have an edge, the program is considered as geared a lot towards that kind of population and is more quantitative that other programs. although i can tell you that as a person who was always not particularly good in math, the math part is not a big problem. the school's point of view is to teach a scientific/quatitative way of solvong problems. i found it very useful especially as aperson who didnt have the engineering background.

about the full time job outlook: i can only talk about what happened this year and i know that Carnegie Mellon is in the same situtation as most schools. i know that about half of my classmates have jobs. i just had a baby a month ago so i am taking some time off, but my husband who was in the same program as me did find a job and we are moving to Denver for it. i can say that many of the companies that came to campus this year were more from traditional industries (and not so much technology) but that is true to all schoosl. since carngie mellon is known for its strenghs in operations and technology many companies come there for hiring people into those areas.

my email is [email protected] and you can email me with any questions.

Eynat

alonzo
    חבר

ציטוט: הכותב המקורי alonzo ב- 01 יולי 03 TOFEL EXAMS

אני מניח שאם אף אחד לא ציין את מבחן ה- TOFEL, אז מדובר רק בעוד מבחן.

האם מומלץ לעשות TOFEL לפני GMAT, ע"מ לחזק את האנגלית קודם ל- GMAT?

האם ציון ה-TOFEL משמש כאינדיקציה נוספת או רק יש צורך בלעבור רף מסויים?

כיצד מסתכלים עליו באוניברסיטאות? בקרנות לצורך מלגות?

awand
    חבר

Hi Romb,

I will be in the event on the 9th, just look for me and I'll be more than happy to assist

Assaf

tali
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

ציטוט: הכותב המקורי egeg ב- 30 יוני 03

כן מניסיון אישי – ונערך באנגלית אולם יש לי שני חברים טובים שעברו ראיונות באותה תקופה לאינסיאד והראיונות שלהם נערכו בעברית.

thanks

dalit
    חבר

איצ'י יקר,

אין מה לעשות, כל יום לומדים משהו חדש… התחלתי לקרא את ספרו עב הכרס של מונטק, ואתמול בערב בדיוק קראתי את הפרק המשווה בין התכניות הארופאיות והאמריקאיות. ואכן, LBS ו- IESE מצויינות כתוכניות אשר עובדות דווקא לפי השיטה האמריקאית, ופחות לפי הארופאית.

אני מאמינה שלאט לאט אני אתאפס ואחליט. יש לי זמן… כמה חודשים טובים.

אגב, מה זה RMS ? (צריך ללמוד משהו חדש גם היום…)

ציטוט: הכותב המקורי Ichi-ban ב- 30 יוני 03

Dalit,

Will apply in fall '04 for Insead, Said, and maybe Judge, RSM. I really want to apply to IMD but it only starts in January so I'll have to crystalize my work plan accordingly since I'm not sure how that can fit in in terms of timing. My impression is that it's the best program out there. Of course it's almost impossible to get into.

In my opinion, there is not real value in 2-yr. programs in Europe, since they cost the same as the much better US programs. What I read from the mediocre internship and job placement at LBS over the last couple of years (in comparison to Insead, IMD, even Said) is that European recruiters might not see the value in the longer program either. IESE looks great but I'm not counting on finding a job in Spain or coming back home right after school…

BTW I can read Hebrew on my PC, I just can't write…

IchiBan

egeg
    חבר

בחלק מבתי הספר יש מינימום שצריך לעבור ובחלק אין – המבחן לא חשוב לא לקבלה ולא למלגות ואפילו חלק מבתי הספפר טוענים כי מספיק לשלוח את הגמאט והם יקבעו על פי המבחן הזה אם רמת האנגלית שלך היא מספקת

mikik
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 54

ציטוט: הכותב המקורי danteleman2002 ב- 28 יוני 03

Dror,

Fulbright has a very detailed list of Israselis who are currently in b-schools or that have graduated in the past few years.

Check with them.

Danny

Hi Danny,

Where can I find that list? I searched their site with no success….

Thanks,

Miki

אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

ציטוט: הכותב המקורי RAN ב- 30 יוני 03

התקבלתי השנה ל IMD ול LBS ואולי אני אוכל לעזור לכם בתהליך? עדין לא החלטתי לאן ללכת –

hi,

when did u apply to LBS? whar r your pro and cons for each school

thx

che
    חבר

שלום.

אני מתכוון לקחת קורס GMAT בקרוב, ולפני זה רציתי לעשות את ה-TOEFL

כמה שאלות לבעלי הנסיון:

1. האם כדאי כבר לשלב ולקחת קורס ל-TOEFL יחד עם ה-GMAT, (גם מבחינה כלכלית) ?

2. יש איזה ספר/CD/אינטרנט שאפשר עצמאית ללמוד טוב לבחינה ?

3. האם הבחינה היא חובה בכל מקרה ללימודי B בחו"ל ?

תודה, che.

Ichi-ban
    חבר

Dalit,

Indeed you have time. Just remember to try and extract the important facts for YOU from the immense ocean of more or less reliable info. Especially be careful with 'truisms' from forum posters (like yours truly…), unless you know the people are experienced, like the IIMBA guys for example.

RSM is in Rotterdam, 15 months, very international. My impression is that it's a good school, like Said, Judge, and other Euro-schools. I'm not sure if I'll apply there.

IchiBan

Ichi-ban
    חבר

RAN,

LBS and IMD? Way to go! Either you are very high-caliber or a friend of Yigal Shilon…

What do you see as the main LBS advantage for you, aside from the better location?

IchiBan

egeg
    חבר

הטופל הוא ברמה נמוכה יותר מהאנגלית של הגמאט – אם אתה עושה קורס לגמאט אתה תלמד את כל מה שאתה צריך לטופל ועוד הרבה יותר

אז חבל על הכסף – אל תשלם עוד כסף לקורס טופל

Amit
    חבר

Rom

The affiliation has two aspects. The first one is what will be your level of exposure to recent developments and best practices in the specific field and the second is what companies recruit at the school.

Indeed Cornell, Colombia and Wharton have strong finance affiliation while Sloan, Haas, and Stanford have strong technology affiliation. Kellogg has very strong reputation as a marketing school. However this reputation doesn’t mean that the different schools are not strong at other fields as well. MIT is also very strong in consulting (to mention one more field) while Cornell is very strong in technology (CS, EE and biotech). Sanford is very strong in VC (so are Sloan and Cornell).

Amit

dalit
    חבר

איצ'י

אני משתדלת לקרא בעיון כמה שיותר, ומנסה לעשות את ההבחנות האמיתיות בין "יודעי דבר באמת" ו"יודעי דבר בכאילו"… ע"מ שאני לא אראה כאילו אני יודעת דבר ב"כאילו" אני משתדלת לכתוב רק על דברים שאני באמת יודעת. יכול להיות שגם פה אני טועה… ואז יש אנשים כמוך שבאים ומתקנים. גם זו דרך ללמוד, לא?

PatsFan
    חבר

Amit,

Thanx, This is certainly helpful info! Do you have any idea how can I obtain articles of some sort on this issue (the affiliation of the top 20-30 schools in the usa)? my guess is that "Business Week" probably has something on this, but if you have another suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

Amit
    חבר

B-Week is one place and talking with current students and alums of the schools is another option. Remember to dig deep and understand what does a person mean when he/she says a certain school has strong affiliation with a certain field or industry. Does the person mean there are good courses on the matter at the school? If such will these courses alone without the right companies coming to recruit help you to find a job in this field/industry?

How many companies from the industry you are interested at are recruiting at the specific school for the positions you are interested at is a very important question.

Ichi-ban
    חבר

RAN,

Kol hakavod!

IMD is indeed inferior in networking, since the job market in Lake Geneva isn't too developed =)

But I don't think it is inferior in brand name, unless your target is finance or consulting in the UK, of course. I visited both and was SO much more impressed by the people and atmosphere at IMD. It still has its drawbacks, though.

IchiBan

Ichi-ban
    חבר

Dalit,

Didn't mean to offend or anything, just to say that some veteran posters – in any forum, on any subject – tend to post their personal views in the guise of **the objective truth**, and we innocent lambs (I speak for myself) need to be careful…

Good luck!

IchiBan

gbiron
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 213

שלום לכולם,

ראיתי מספר התייחסויות ל- LBS אשמח אם מישהו מבין אלו שהתקבלו (רן אם איני טועה ?) יפרסם את עמדתו בנוגע לנקודות חוזק של בית הספר.

איצ'י, אני מבין שאתה בקיא מאוד לגבי בית הספר הספציפי, למה אתה חושב שההכוון התעסוקתי שלהם חלש ? הם לא גוברים במפסר רמות על כל בתי הספר האנגלים האחרים וכתוצאה מכך נגישים יותר לשוק העבודה האנגלי ?

דלית, גם אני פוזל לכיוון לונדון אשמח להחליף איתך רשמים אם תרצי לגבי אסטרטגיית פעולה, למרות שלמיטב ידיעתי לפני סוף אוגוסט לא יפורסמו ה- Esseys החדשים.

אגב, כתבתי בעברית כי זאת אחת המטרות לא ?

awand
    חבר

Hi Romb,

some more thoughts on finding the concentrations of the schools:

1) Chicago is also very strong in Finance.

2) Look at the placements reports to see which companies where the biggest recruiters.

3) If you have a dream job- look at the CV's of the management and the lower ranked people in the organization to find correnlations between schools and the work place.

that's it for now

Assaf

dalit
    חבר

GBIRON

אכן… עברית זו שפה יפה…

אני אשמח לכל אינפורמציה שיש בידך. עוד לא ממש נכנסתי לעובי הקורה. אני בקשר עם LBS והם שולחים לי בדואר כל מיני פיסות אינפורמציה.

בכל מקרה אני רוצה להתחיל ללמוד רק ב- 2005.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

ציטוט: הכותב המקורי gbiron ב- 02 יולי 03

שלום לכולם,

ראיתי מספר התייחסויות ל- LBS אשמח אם מישהו מבין אלו שהתקבלו (רן אם איני טועה ?) יפרסם את עמדתו בנוגע לנקודות חוזק של בית הספר.

איצ'י, אני מבין שאתה בקיא מאוד לגבי בית הספר הספציפי, למה אתה חושב שההכוון התעסוקתי שלהם חלש ? הם לא גוברים במפסר רמות על כל בתי הספר האנגלים האחרים וכתוצאה מכך נגישים יותר לשוק העבודה האנגלי ?

דלית, גם אני פוזל לכיוון לונדון אשמח להחליף איתך רשמים אם תרצי לגבי אסטרטגיית פעולה, למרות שלמיטב ידיעתי לפני סוף אוגוסט לא יפורסמו ה- Esseys החדשים.

אגב, כתבתי בעברית כי זאת אחת המטרות לא ?

These r the latest LBS mba 2004 internship stats.

MBA 2004 Statistics Figures as at 23rd May % as at 23rd May No status 7% Still seeking 20% Accepted 61% Have offers 5% Not seeking 2% Starting Business 1% Returning 4%

LBS has a new CMC director which is currently working on changing the CMC strategy as it is focused mostly on consulting and finance. They are trying to bring in more of the industry in order to compensate for the decrease in the consulting/finance sectors. They already started to show result by bringing in 15 new companies in the last two weeks.

You r right when saying that LBS has a much better position than all other b-school in the UK. The student body, academic level, reputation and the location which gives u access to major finance/consulting and other companies who have offices in the City can not by matched by any other school.

Happy to answer any question u might have

alonzo
    חבר

מה סיכויי למצוא עבודה בשוק המקומי במדינה בה למדתי לתואר MBA, עם דרכון ישראלי?

ידוע לי שבארה"ב הדבר מאד קשה במיוחד אחרי ה- 11 בספטמבר. מישהו מכיר דוגמאות (של בעלי דרכון ישראלי!). למשל, אם יבואו לחברה אמריקאית 2 מועמדים, אחד ישראלי ואחד אמריקאי, 90% שהישראלי ייפסל בגלל ה"כאב ראש" של הנפקת אישורי עבודה עבור עוד זר.

egeg
    חבר

לבוגרי תואר בארצות הברית יש אפשרות לעבוד שנה או שנה וחצי (תלוי בסוג הויזה) ישר לאחר סיום התואר ללא צורך באישור עבודה מיוחד – אולם עדיין יחסית זה כאב ראש ולמעסיק וכל מקום עבודה מגייס אנשים במטרה שישארו יותר משנה ולכן יש עדיפות תמיד למישהו עם אישור עבודה קבוע.

Ichi-ban
    חבר

Gur,

I haven't applied yet, so all I can say is what I saw when I visited and what I heard from non-israeli students (w/out visa issues). However a4ho's post above includes alll the info I know and more.

My personal impression is that European recruiters do not value the longer program as much (even in the US there are those who call for a revision in this direction). True, you will have more time to network, to specialize, and to intern, and LBS is well connected to the City, but I was impressed that this would have better ROI in the US. And since I'm interested in the EU, I'll go to the 1-yrs. That being said, LBS seems like it's in a league of its own in the UK. BTW if I remember correctly, 60+% placement is in the neighborhood of Insead…

PS- I would write Hebrew if my PC had it =(

IchiBan

danteleman2002
    חבר

It all depends on the company's policy, which is known ahead of time when the recruiting process on campus starts.

If a company doesn't take internationals for whatever reason, that information would be posted at school and most often you wouldn't be able to interview with that company. In this way the question of prefering an American over an international doesn't even arise.

For companies who do take internationals, the process for obtaining a visa is very short and simple.

Danny

mbava
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

A question for those who did it / does it now / knows someone:

Is it possible to make it at one of the top US schools with 2 little kids + loan. Or maybe its better to think of Europe instead (altough the tuition is rather high in Europe too – at least at INSEAD). Is INSEAD degree worth something in Israel without working experience abroad? Do you think it is possible to returm the investment using Israeli salaries?

rkmba2002
    חבר

ציטוט: הכותב המקורי mbava ב- 02 יולי 03

A question for those who did it / does it now / knows someone:

Is it possible to make it at one of the top US schools with 2 little kids + loan. Or maybe its better to think of Europe instead (altough the tuition is rather high in Europe too – at least at INSEAD). Is INSEAD degree worth something in Israel without working experience abroad? Do you think it is possible to returm the investment using Israeli salaries?

mbava, I am going to do it at Kellogg with 2 kids and a (huge) loan. I am just starting, so from my point of view it can be done. I also know several students that did just that. Just need a little more "ometz" I think, a lot of optimism and self-confidence (but that's true also if you do not have kids.)

email me, or post here, if you have more questions, Roy

uri levin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

Hi, I’m an MBA student at London Business School, currently in the mid of my summer internship in McKinsey London. I was accepted to both Columbia Business School and London Business School and chose the latter. I will detail here what are the main strengths of MBA in Europe in general and MBA in London Business School in particular. But, before I do, I must say that I found the information in this forum disturbing. I disagree with most of the “facts” given about the European schools and London Business School and I would highly recommend you to base your decisions on first-hand information, not on rumors.

So, here it is:

Europe vs. the US

1. Work: if you want to work in Europe you should study in Europe (and if you want to work in the US – study in the US). Some European companies recruit from the top US business school, but all recruit from the top European schools. Note that since 9/11 international students in the US find it very hard to find jobs outside of the consulting/investment banking industries, while many European companies actually prefer international students.

2. International Focus: The European schools tend to be much more international while the US schools are very US-oriented. In the top European schools approximately 80% of the students are international while in the US approximately 80% are Americans!!! The American Schools also tend to focus on the US (US case studies, US economy, US-way of doing things) while the European Schools will focus on all the major economies (US, Europe, Asia Pacific and the rest of the world).

3. Students body: on top on being highly international, students in the top European Business Schools are usually older, more mature and more experienced than those in the U.S.. Learning from the other students’ experiences is one of the most powerful tools an international MBA offers, a tool which is much more powerful in the European Schools.

Europe top school

There are 3 top business schools in Europe: London Business School, Insead and IMD. All three are excellent school, at least as good as (if not better than) the top US schools, and it is as hard to be accepted to any of these schools. They all have very high recruiters recognition (all major recruiters recruit from these three schools), very high faculty and courses level, and very strong worldwide network and brand name.

So – why LBS?

First, all the benefits of a Top tier European School: a truly international business school, with an exceptional students body. A school which enables you to enter the European labor market in a significant role.

2 year program: if you want to actually gain knowledge that will be useful in your future career, then one year is just not enough. I know that this is very counter-intuitive to most Israelis (why do something in two years when I can do that in one?), but as this is the only chance to properly build your business-knowledge foundation, I think this point is highly important. That is why all US schools moved to a two-year program. In addition, currently, most recruiters rely almost solely on the summer internships for recruiting.

London – relationship with recruiters: London Business School has great relationships with all major recruiters in London. The geographical location, and the prestigious brand name make the school a target of many firms. In addition, the location makes the individual job search feasible. While many Insead graduates returned to Israel after failing to find a job in Europe, almost all London Business School graduates found a job in London. In General, over 75% of London Business School graduates work in London.

Finance and entrepreneurial studies departments: While all departments are very good, with world-known professors; London Business School is extremely strong in Finance and Entrepreneurial studies. So, if this is where you’re headed, or if like me, you just believe that finance is the most important skill you should master, this should be a very good starting point.

Scholarships: £10,000 are given every year to an outstanding student from Israel (Leigh Scholarship). Many more scholarships are available.

London – the city: London is an amazing city. And, yes, it’s OK to have fun during your MBA… Even the weather is good (probably global warming…). Moreover, with all the cheap airlines around, when booked ahead. a return ticket to any European major city cost less than 200 NIS…

Your partner: if you have a partner, make sure that this turn up to be a positive experience for him as well. That usually means that he should work. Now, in the UK (oppose to the US) your partner gets a work permit and finding a job is much more feasible. Not to speak about the opportunity to jump to Israel for the weekend if worse comes to worse.

uri levin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

A new thread, so information about Lonson Business School could be found in one place:

I’m an MBA student at London Business School, currently in the mid of my summer internship in McKinsey London. I was accepted to both Columbia Business School and London Business School and chose the latter. I will detail here what are the main strengths of MBA in Europe in general and MBA in London Business School in particular. But, before I do, I must say that I found the information in this forum disturbing. I disagree with most of the “facts” given about the European schools and London Business School and I would highly recommend you to base your decisions on first-hand information, not on rumors.

So, here it is:

Europe vs. the US

1. Work: if you want to work in Europe you should study in Europe (and if you want to work in the US – study in the US). Some European companies recruit from the top US business school, but all recruit from the top European schools. Note that since 9/11 international students in the US find it very hard to find jobs outside of the consulting/investment banking industries, while many European companies actually prefer international students.

2. International Focus: The European schools tend to be much more international while the US schools are very US-oriented. In the top European schools approximately 80% of the students are international while in the US approximately 80% are Americans!!! The American Schools also tend to focus on the US (US case studies, US economy, US-way of doing things) while the European Schools will focus on all the major economies (US, Europe, Asia Pacific and the rest of the world).

3. Students body: on top on being highly international, students in the top European Business Schools are usually older, more mature and more experienced than those in the U.S.. Learning from the other students’ experiences is one of the most powerful tools an international MBA offers, a tool which is much more powerful in the European Schools.

Europe top school

There are 3 top business schools in Europe: London Business School, Insead and IMD. All three are excellent school, at least as good as (if not better than) the top US schools, and it is as hard to be accepted to any of these schools. They all have very high recruiters recognition (all major recruiters recruit from these three schools), very high faculty and courses level, and very strong worldwide network and brand name.

So – why LBS?

First, all the benefits of a Top tier European School: a truly international business school, with an exceptional students body. A school which enables you to enter the European labor market in a significant role.

2 year program: if you want to actually gain knowledge that will be useful in your future career, then one year is just not enough. I know that this is very counter-intuitive to most Israelis (why do something in two years when I can do that in one?), but as this is the only chance to properly build your business-knowledge foundation, I think this point is highly important. That is why all US schools moved to a two-year program. In addition, currently, most recruiters rely almost solely on the summer internships for recruiting.

London – relationship with recruiters: London Business School has great relationships with all major recruiters in London. The geographical location, and the prestigious brand name make the school a target of many firms. In addition, the location makes the individual job search feasible. While many Insead graduates returned to Israel after failing to find a job in Europe, almost all London Business School graduates found a job in London. In General, over 75% of London Business School graduates work in London.

Finance and entrepreneurial studies departments: While all departments are very good, with world-known professors; London Business School is extremely strong in Finance and Entrepreneurial studies. So, if this is where you’re headed, or if like me, you just believe that finance is the most important skill you should master, this should be a very good starting point.

Scholarships: £10,000 are given every year to an outstanding student from Israel (Leigh Scholarship). Many more scholarships are available.

London – the city: London is an amazing city. And, yes, it’s OK to have fun during your MBA… Even the weather is good (probably global warming…). Moreover, with all the cheap airlines around, when booked ahead. a return ticket to any European major city cost less than 200 NIS…

Your partner: if you have a partner, make sure that this turn up to be a positive experience for him as well. That usually means that he should work. Now, in the UK (oppose to the US) your partner gets a work permit and finding a job is much more feasible. Not to speak about the opportunity to jump to Israel for the weekend if worse comes to worse.

rkmba2002
    חבר

IIMBA – Applicants' event:

Come chat online with Linda Meehan, Head of Admissions and Vice Dean, Columbia Business School.

Location: http://www.mbachances.co.il/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=62&PagePosition=1&get=last#649

Host: Mr. Gilam Levi of http://www.aringo.co.il

Time: Tuesday, July 22, 5:30-7:00pm, Israel time.

Please email [email protected] to confirm participations.

See you there,
    Roy

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 201 עד 250 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.