Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 1: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 251 עד 300 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • gbiron
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 213

Uri,

Thanks for sharing your thought's, they were very enlighting.

Still if I could test you with the stat's that were posted on the site and as far as I know they are true. How do you explain the fact that only 61% of your class found a paying internship.

Could you also give some more data regarding the total cost of the MBA (including housing which is quite expensive to my knowledge).

One last question: do you have a EU passport, is it important ?

Thanks for sharing..

Gur

Ichi-ban
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

öéèåè: äëåúá äîºåøé uri levin á- 03 éåìé 03

A new thread, so information about Lonson Business School could be found in one place:

2 year program: if you want to actually gain knowledge that will be useful in your future career, then one year is just not enough. I know that this is very counter-intuitive to most Israelis (why do something in two years when I can do that in one?), but as this is the only chance to properly build your business-knowledge foundation, I think this point is highly important. That is why all US schools moved to a two-year program. In addition, currently, most recruiters rely almost solely on the summer internships for recruiting.

URI, THIS IS TRUE FOR CAREER CHANGERS. WHAT WOULD SOMEONE WHO CLOSED BUSINESS DEALS FOR 3-4 YEARS, OR WHO WORKED IN A TOP CONSULTING FIRM, GAIN FROM THE 2 YEARS THAT WOULD JUSTIFY ALMOST DOUBLING THE COSTS? THESE PEOPLE JUST NEED TO ENHANCE THEIR EXISTING KNOWLEDGEBASE, NOT BUILD IT FROM THE BOTTOM LIKE ENGINEERS, LAWYERS ETC.

BTW DO YOU HAVE NUMBERS THAT SUPPORT YOUR LAST CLAIM? IF VERIFIED, THAT KIND OF INFO COULD CLOSE THE LID ON THE 1-YRS. FOR MANY OF US HERE.

Your partner: if you have a partner, make sure that this turn up to be a positive experience for him as well. That usually means that he should work. Now, in the UK (oppose to the US) your partner gets a work permit and finding a job is much more feasible. Not to speak about the opportunity to jump to Israel for the weekend if worse comes to worse.

THAT'S VERY USEFUL INFO!

IchiBan

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

Uri,

Thank you for a very informative post.

How easy is it going to be for my partner to find a job? he is an electrical eng. Is there a way that the school helps with this matter? Do you have any information about partners employment in other places in europe?

This is a major consideration for me and any info will be appreciated.

Dalit

[email protected]
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

ציטוט: הכותב המקורי danteleman2002 ב- 02 יולי 03

It all depends on the company's policy, which is known ahead of time when the recruiting process on campus starts.

If a company doesn't take internationals for whatever reason, that information would be posted at school and most often you wouldn't be able to interview with that company. In this way the question of prefering an American over an international doesn't even arise.

For companies who do take internationals, the process for obtaining a visa is very short and simple.

Danny

[email protected]
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

ציטוט: הכותב המקורי uri levin ב- 03 יולי

relationship with recruiters: London Business School has great relationships with all major recruiters in London. The geographical location, and the prestigious brand name make the school a target of many firms. In addition, the location makes the individual job search feasible. While many Insead graduates returned to Israel after failing to find a job in Europe, almost all London Business School graduates found a job in London. In General, over 75% of London Business School graduates work in London.

as an mba student in a top b-school i can only say that we get recruiters on campus which recruit for European jobs (consulting, banking and even industry). Three of my friends were hired to work for e-bay in london and others were recruited for other firms. my thoughts on this matter are that an mba from a us school will give easy access to the us and european job markets while an mba from european school will probably give an advantage only in europe (maybe this is the reason for the 75% figure).

in addition, in terms of roi, an mba is more recognized, appreciated and hence better paid in the us than in europe. just compare job positions and salaries in the us and europe on job sites such as monster.com

Amit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

Still it is more difficult to find a job without a US working permit.

In some industries it is less of a problem and in some it is more difficult. For instances, if you are interested in marketing for consumer packaged goods companies most chances are that they wont be even willing to interview you without a permanent working permit (not the one you get with your F or J visa for a year). I-Banking is less susceptible industry form this point of view and consulting even less.

So if you are trying to figure out what are your chances of finding a job in the US after graduation without a permanent working permit my advice to you will be first of all to decide what will be the two industries you will target and then to ask around what are the chances. I will be happy to help with that after you decide.

Amit

omri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 66

Hi Danny,

I hear more and more about Duke. What made you choose this school over others? Is it more for "techies"? and does it offer international students loans?

How's living in NC? are most recruiters from the south? Sorry for sking all the questions. I think I heard you in TA at the Fulbright conf. in December and I am interested in learning more about Duke>

THanks,

Omer

danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

Hi Omer,

Yes, I was one of the panel members at the Fulbright event last December.

First, Fuqua is not considerate to be a "tech" school. On the contrary. I think that on avergae, we have more people with liberal arts background. Another major group at school is what I would call life science, i.e. biology, medicine, chemistry, etc. That is becuase Fuqua supposedly have one of the best health care management programs. This is also the reason I applied to the school. Many of the program graduates found jobs in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, hospital management and insurance. I have a full time job with Amgen, the largest biotechnology company in the world.

Fuqua has the same recruiters as all other top schools, including the big investment banks, consulting companies and consumer goods products. As I said, We do have an advantage on other schools when it comes to health care companies. Also, the Durham area is part of the research trinagle park, which is considered to be the third largest tech area in the US after the sillicon valley and the boston area. A lot of tech(including IBM, Nortel, Cisco, SAP) and biotech companies provide extra opportunities for people who looking into staying in the south east.

I think Durham is a great city to go to school in. Obviously, it's not NY or boston, but I would consider that an advantage. NC itslef is a beautiful stated.

Fuqua does provide loans to international students without a co-signer.

Danny

yishaif
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

Hi All,

My name is Yishai Fransis and going to Anderson ( UCLA ) this fall.

First I would like to congratulate the people behind this initiative as this is a great

opportunity to share tips and advices both through the admission process and

afterwards as well.

My background is in R&D management both in the IDF ( section manager ) and in a

biotech company.

If anyone needs any assistance in the admission process I will be happy to assist.

my mail is [email protected].

Cheers,

Yishai Fransis

awand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

Hi Yishi,

welcome to the forum and congrats on the admission

there are currently 3 other Israelis we know of that entered UCLA I suggest you'd contact

the UCLA moderator at

color=#0000ff Yariv.Robinso[email protected]

his name is Yariv Robinson

also I suggest you'd enter our website http://www.iimba.org and register yourself as a member

hope it helps

Assaf

yanush
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

היי,

אני מתעניין בפרטים/תקדימים לגביי לימודים לתואר שני ללא תואר ראשון על סמך נסיון מעשי.

אני מבצע מזה מספר שנים תפקידים מקצועיים בתחומי המנהל עסקים והנדסת תעשיה וניהול, כפי שכבר מובן מהנושא אין ברשותי תואר ראשון ואני מעוניין להתקבל לתואר שני על סמך הנסיון המקצועי שרכשתי.

אשמח לשמוע עצות, דעות וכיו"ב

omri
    חבר

Hi Dan,

Sounds really good. question: did you have a background/ w/e in this industry prior to attending Duke and if not how did you overcome this in such a bear market. Also, is it true that duke is more acceptingof older applicants?

THanks a lot!

omer

stamguy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 32
    an interesting article from CNET: http://news.com.com/2100-1022-1021549.html
    Please note that when it mentions that Microsoft takes 750 interns … it doesn't mean that they take 750 MBAs. MS took 5 guys from Wharton and probably less then 50 all together. IBM took only 7 MBA interns to their MBA program in San Jose … etc'.
    Is it still worth it … the answer (my answer) is YES, but you should come in with your eyes open and expectations set. It is tough out there.
    stam
    Are internships the new tech prize?

By color=#0000ffLisa M. Bowman
    Staff Writer, CNET News.com
    July 4, 2003, 4:00 AM PT

Former Solectron engineer Ram Santhanam was at a party recently when a woman sidled up to him and told him that she hated him.

Santhanam, it seems, had been selected for a highly competitive position that the woman had also been seeking: an internship at Sun Microsystems.

Although the woman was only kidding, the scene underscores the intense rivalry for jobs in Silicon Valley these days, where even lowly internships have become a career battleground for job-hungry geeks.

"It's definitely competitive out there," said Santhanam, who was laid off from Solectron in 2001 and is color=#0000ffpursuing a master s degree in business in the hopes of landing a marketing position. "The employers have their choice from a whole set of experienced people."

Once snubbed as a haven for those who couldn't find a real job at a dot-com or elsewhere, internships have become a coveted prize in the listless job market, attracting a bumper crop of overqualified candidates at a time when companies are slashing entry-level job programs.

That's making it harder than ever for first-time graduates to get a foot in the door at major companies such as Microsoft or Sun Microsystems, where many new hires are drawn from the intern pool.

The grim prospects for interns reflect broader trends in the technology employment market, which has color=#0000fflost more than half a million jobs in the United States in just two years. What's more, the unemployment rate in tech-heavy Santa Clara County, Calif., stood at 8 percent in May, outpacing the state's 6.6 percent rate.

Traditionally, internships have been a bright spot for hiring in a down economy, as companies look to spread work among fewer employees.

However, the programs are being hard hit this time around. Like many companies, Sun has trimmed its internship program from 1,000 positions during the heyday to about 600 this year, meaning there are more people than ever applying for fewer positions.

The cutbacks come as the pool of intern applicants is swelling with ranks of experienced workers who have returned to school for additional training or a second degree. Lacking full-time offers, many of these people are happy to take whatever they can get, giving employers a steady stream of overqualified candidates.

"I've heard people say, 'I just want a job,'" said Wendy Dow, who coordinates Sun's M.B.A. intern program. "A lot of the talent we're seeing on the resumes is just amazing."

Internships were designed to let current students or recent graduates get a firsthand glimpse of corporate culture and get some work experience–however low-paying or menial–under their belts.

But these days you have to have some experience to get some more. Students who have already worked at companies are edging out those who haven't–jumping at any opportunity that resembles employment.

"Many people are graduating and just looking for something to do," said Bill Coleman, senior vice president for compensation at Salary.com. "If they're not going to get the full-time jobs they thought they were going to get, many are resorting to internships."

Those trying to place interns said that students who once would have had multiple internship offers are now lucky to get just one.

"This year has been the worst I have seen," said Judy Tsujimoto, who for more than 20 years has coordinated the engineering co-op program at the University of California at Berkeley, which places engineering students in six- to eight-month internships. "I think companies have reached a bare-bones budget," added Tsujimoto, who has many more applicants than positions to fill.

And a lot rides on getting an internship, especially with color=#0000ffthe grim hiring scene. In a survey of 357 companies by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, hiring managers said nearly a third of their new hires came from their pool of interns.

Resumes pile up
    At Microsoft, that rate is closer to two-thirds, according to Colleen Wheeler McCreary, a technical recruiter at the company.

Although she doesn't have exact figures about the number of intern applicants, McCreary said the stack of resumes on her desk was twice as high this year as it was last year. And the experience is impressive.

"A number of the intern applicants I interviewed had been CEOs or CTOs," McCreary said. "They had great titles at very small companies or very well known companies."

About 750 interns are selected to participate in Microsoft's highly popular program. They're often assigned a product feature to handle during their stint, and this summer interns are working on projects ranging from extra games on smart phones to new features for Office 12 and the Longhorn operating system.

McCreary said the interns benefit the company, too. "The interns bring new life and a fresh perspective," she said.

Peter Vogt, president of Minneapolis-based Career Planning Resources, said smart companies work hard to keep their internship programs, even in a down economy. "It is going to bounce back at some point," he said. "The employers who maintain their internship programs are the ones who are going to land the best graduates."

Meanwhile, on the Sun campus, even freshly minted M.B.A.s are clinging to their internships, hoping to parlay them into full-time jobs. Pamela Kong, a 29-year-old who just received her master's from Santa Clara University in June, has had her internship at Sun extended twice over the past year. It ends this month, but she's eager to stay on at the company. "I keep telling my manager, 'Help me find a job because I want to stay with Sun.'"

Kong, who was laid off from an engineering position at another company two years ago, said she likes both her job and the company–especially because she's surrounded by so many smart people. "I don't think I've run into one person I would call an idiot," Kong chuckled, gazing around the Sun campus during a recent barbecue for interns.

Plus, the work is challenging, partly because of the economic doldrums. "There's more work for an intern to do," Kong said. "We're getting pretty meaty projects."

Santhanam, the former Solectron engineer, agreed. He said he participates in meetings and gives feedback about product strategy and pricing. He thinks his manager listens to him because of his experience in the engineering field. Occasionally, though, he does have to do some grunt work such as printing out slides for meetings.

But the company makes up for it by treating interns like employees, giving them badges that are identical to other workers and letting them rub elbows with top executives. Last week, he said, jeans-clad CEO Scott McNealy was milling about on the Sun campus during lunch. "It's like meeting Barry Bonds," he said.

egeg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 91

בארצות הברית אין לך סיכוי – אבל באירופה יש מספר בתי ספר שמקבלים לתואר שני בלי תואר ראשון.

בINSEAD וב IMD יש כמה וכמה ישראלים שהתקבלו ללא תואר ראשון – הרבה מהם לאור הרקע הצבאי (טייסים וכו') או רקע מקצועי מרשים. בעיקרון צריך אבל להיות כמעט סופרמן כדי להתקבל לשם בלי תואר ראשון

gbiron
    חבר

מאמר מ- businessweek

A Bear Market in B-School Applications

As the likelihood of a hot job fades, so does the MBA's allure

Recessions usually are good for business schools. Applications flood into such august institutions as the Wharton School, Dartmouth College's Tuck School of Business, and Stanford University as the young and talented of the corporate world opt to hide out in graduate school, earn an MBA, and emerge when jobs are plentiful again.

For the first two years of the current downturn that pattern largely held. But this year, business school is suddenly less of a draw. Applications for the B-school Class of '05 — the students who will hit the books this fall — have fallen by as much as 30% at some top schools compared with last year. The University of Chicago's Graduate School of Business, for example, has received 27% fewer applications for the autumn term than it did in 2002.

Why the drop-off? For one thing, fewer would-be applicants can afford to forgo their salaries or pay annual tuition of $30,000-plus. And new visa restrictions are making it harder for foreigners to apply. But the big reason many twentysomethings may be hanging on to their jobs, however unrewarding, is that the once-coveted MBA no longer comes with the implicit guarantee of a big-bucks job offer on graduation. "When the downturn is this prolonged, the optimism fades," says Daphne Atkinson, vice-president of the Graduate Management Admission Council, which administers the GMAT entrance exam.

It's easy to see why America's fledgling manager class is balking these days. Over the past two years, potential MBA candidates have watched many B-school grads flail upon re-entering the real world. Consider that some 30% of grads at BusinessWeek's Top 30 MBA programs had no solid job offer at graduation in 2002. Two years earlier, only 2% went begging. So while an MBA might enhance a would-be executive's prospects if the economy picks up, the current crop of overachievers isn't about to forsake a regular paycheck. Says a New York investment banker who had planned to go to B-school: "I want to hold on to my job."

You can't blame him, since there are few signs that the job market is improving. Many B-schools say job prospects are similar or only slightly better for the Class of '03. At Dartmouth's Tuck, for instance, some 29% of spring graduates had no job at commencement. A typical example is Christopher Blaydon. Despite dozens of interviews, he has yet to land a job in strategy consulting or strategic planning.

And it's not just job prospects — affordability is another issue. Many potential MBA candidates have found their paychecks shrinking and their savings and investment portfolios dwindling — which makes financing a pricey MBA more difficult. Meanwhile, lower investment yields have left some schools with fewer fellowships and scholarships to attract students. Sherry Wallace, admissions director at University of North Carolina's Kenan-Flagler Business School, says her institution will award one-third fewer fellowships this year than last.

Tougher visa rules, a weak global economy, and even SARS-related travel restrictions have prompted fewer foreigners to apply to U.S. B-schools, too. Although foreign MBA students have made up roughly 35% of the class over the last decade, B-school deans expect that number to fall this year. While the impact of SARS and slow economic growth overseas are likely to be short-lived phenomena, the schools are more worried about visa rules that were tightened in the wake of September 11. "We have an applicant who works for the president of a country, and he can't get a visa," says Stuart I. Greenbaum, dean of the John M. Olin School of Business at Washington University in St. Louis.

With fewer people to choose from, B-schools are digging deeper into their applicant pools to fill the fall roster. "Right now, many [schools] are still working their wait lists even though it is fairly late in the game," says Joseph P. Fox, associate dean at Olin. As the big schools get less picky, lower-ranked ones could find it hard to fill their slots.

The problems may not end there: The next application cycle — for the Class of 2006 — kicks off in November, just four months from now. "It's difficult to predict what next year will look like, especially in light of continued economic uncertainty," says Julia Min, assistant dean at New York University's Stern School of Business. If the job picture doesn't improve soon, the B-school blues may well continue.

By Jennifer Merritt in New York

I'm not sure if its good or bad ….

jgalore
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 15

GMAT Books (latest editions)

1. Princeton Review – brand new

2. Petersons "The Insider's Guide to the GMAT CAT" – brand new

3. Kaplan (with CD) – brand new

4. ARCO "Master the GMAT CAT" (with CD) – brand new

5. Official Guide – as new

You can contact me at [email protected]

Ichi-ban
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

Well if demand for an MBA degree will decline the same way job supply has, then the market works! And that means that price (tuition) will have to fall as well (wishful thinking).

So it's a good after-effect of the job slump.

IchiBan

gbiron
    חבר

ציטוט: הכותב המקורי Ichi-ban ב- 09 יולי 03

Well if demand for an MBA degree will decline the same way job supply has, then the market works! And that means that price (tuition) will have to fall as well (wishful thinking).

So it's a good after-effect of the job slump.

IchiBan

Even if it happens this will probably take some time…. meaning it's doesn't relate to us (hopefully)

Amit
    חבר

Roy

Most of the schools have both scholarships and loan programs that are open to International students. A school that doesn’t have these is the exception.

At Cornell the scholarships are given based on the application strength and attractiveness which between others relate to GPA and grades (as the title entails) but not only. Most of the scholarships are given for two years but there are students who didn’t receive a scholarship the first year and did the second. At all of the last three classes there was at least one Israeli who got scholarship.

As for loans, Cornell as the majority of other schools offer loans program for International students that don’t require cosigners. I attached the link to the appropriate page at the Johnson School web site. color=#800080http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/academic/financialaid/internationalloans.html

Good luck,

Amit

Amit
    חבר

Yael

On top of the question of how to approach the potential recommender there is the question of who to ask. The best person is someone who worked directly with you for a substantial amount of time (preferably while you were promoted) and that will be able to provide a compelling and emotional recommendation why you are the best candidate and why MBA is the right thing for you at this stage of life.

From reading numerous applications I can tell you that the most common mistake is that applicants provide recommendations from big calibers in their company (or somewhere else) that it is obvious they didn’t have a chance to work closely with and that the recommender wasn’t able to evaluate him/her. These letters are dry and obviously recycled. This is the worst thing to do. It is better to settle for a lower ranked recommender who will be able to be enthusiastic about you.

As for how much the recommender is proficient with English, I wouldn’t worry about it. It is totally legitimate to have the recommender write the letter in Hebrew and then let someone translate it to English. Make sure though that the end product is well written.

Amit

udi_roni
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3
    mikik
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 54

מי רוצה לספר לי איך היה אתמול?

(הייתי במשרד עד תשע וחצי)

מיקי.

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

שלום לחברי הפורום

אני נמצא בעיצומו של תהליך הקבלה (לקראת 2004) ל-top 10 וחסר לי מידע איכותי לגבי איזה בי"ס נחשב טוב באיזה תחום. אני מגיע מרקע של IT אבל מתכוון גם "לקרוץ" קצת לכיוון ה-Finance. אשמח לשמוע כל Insight בנושא.

בנושא אחר, אני מתלבט האם לבקש מכתב המלצה מאדם שעבדתי תחתיו ישירות ומאד מעריך אותי, אבל האנגלית שלו לא טובה. גם אם אני "אעזור" לו בניסוחים, מה ידוע לכם – האם האוניברסיטה בד"כ גם מדברת עם הממליצים בטלפון או בכל דרך אחרת?

תודה!

uri levin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

Hi,

Here are my answers to most of your questions:

Internship employment stats at London Business School:

1. 5 out of 5 Israelis have a (well) paying internship (actually, one of us has 2 internships).

2. While consulting firms and investment banks recruit early in the year (January-March), a big part of the companies start recruiting around May – June. Therefore, the stats will only be relevant around mid July. However, the numbers are very similar in most top schools.

3. If you’re proactive, you will find an internship.

Total cost of MBA

Tuition £39,000(for the 2004 class).

Living expenses: single: £1000-1500 a month (all inclusive)

Couple: £2000 – 3000 a month (all inclusive)

Note that every student in London Business School is eligible for a loan which can cover tuition + living expenses; also, it’s quite feasible to get a £2000 scholarship from the British Council (2 Israelis applied, and received it). During the two-years you can potentially earn (from the internship, signing bonus, second year project and possible part-time job during second year) something between £8000 – £45,000

No. Unfortunately I don’t have an EU passport.

1-year or 2-year program

First, it’s important to clarify that this is a personal decision based on personal priorities. But, I believe that what I said holds for experienced people as well. If you come to learn – a two-year MBA is much more effective. If you believe that there’s not much you need to learn – maybe you better off no doing an MBA at all (which will save you even more of money…).

Partner’s jobs

I can’t say that it’s easy, but it’s definitely easier to find a job in London. Obviously the most important factor is that your wife / husband gets a work permit automatically. On top on that, London has so many jobs to offer and English is the only language requirement. There are also many Israeli companies in London (which is usually a great lead, you can get the list of Israeli companies from the Israeli Embassy).

odrp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 293

Hi,

I have just been reading through all 15 pages of this forum and boy – I think I've got an idea for a soap opera…

As there's no moderator from Stanford –Impossible Mission – GSB, would someone care to send me some e-mail contact of an Israeli graduate? In the IIMBA event in Reichman (which was great, especially the rogalach) one of the graduates was from Stanford, but I'm afraid her e-mail is unavailable at the site.

I'd be grateful for any help,

Oded.

omri
    חבר

היי

יש למשיהו המלצות על ספר מידע, הכנה לקבלה ל MBA

בארה"ב?

כללי, חיבורים,ראיון ועוד

תודה

עומר

gbiron
    חבר

התנך של הספרים הוא ללא ספק ספרו של Richard Mountauk

"how to get into the top MBA programs"

יש בו באמת הכל ואין צורך בספר נוסף

בהצלחה

gbiron
    חבר

אורי,

תוכל בבקשה לחזור על הסטטיסטיקה בקשר להתמחויות של הישראלים. בנוסף אנא הסבר את סוגיית האזרחות האירופאית, האם זה משמש כיתרון או שזה לא משמעותי.

איך משיגים אשרת עבודה לבן/ בת הזוג והאם זה בכלל ריאלי לצפות לכך ?

תודה מראש

Amit
    חבר

לגבי ההמלצה, נשמע שהממליץ יוכל לא רק להמליץ בחום אלא גם להעיד מנסיון עבודה בלתי אמצעי. זה אחד הדברים הכי חשובים בהמלצות. לגבי הידע של הממליץ באנגלית לא הייתי חושש. במקרה הגרוע ביותר תבקש ממנו לכתוב בעברית ותתן למישהוא מקצועי לתרגם (כמובן כשאתה לא קורא את ההמלצה בדרך). תן לממליץלקרוא את הגירסה האנגלית לאחר מכן ותוודא שהוא מסכים איתה.

לא הייתי חושש מיכולת ההתבטאותהמילולית באנגלית היות ובתי הספר בדרך כלל לא מתקשרים לממליצים. יש שלושה תרחישים שבהם הם יתקשרו. אם נפלתה במדגם המקרי שהם בודקים יותר לעומק(סיכוי קטן מאוד), אם הבקשה שלך תהיה גבולית והם ירצו יותר מידע (תחליט אתה מה הסיכויים) או אם הבקשה שלך תראה מוזרה ולא "כשרה" והם ירצו לאמת פרטים. בכל מקרה, רוב בתי הספר מאוד פתוחים לנושא הבינ"ל ומבינים שלא כל הממליצים שולטים באנגלית בצורה מוחלטת.

Eynat
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

i just graduated from Carnegie Mellon MBA and it seems that according to what you are looking for, Carnegie Mellon might be a school you should consider,

Carnegie Mellon is considered one of the top in Information technology/information systems (ranked #1 or #2 by all important rankings in that area) it is also ranked as the top choice for technology recruiters. other of its strenghts are in quatitative analysis and operations. it is also considered the top technology campus, just as another perk :)

check out http://www.gsia.cmu.edu to find out more (there is a section there that is about the rankings)

regarding finance: it is ranked #4 in finance by wall street journal (which also rankes it #3 overall). i know it is not as known in finance as some of the bigger schools but from my classmates that concentrated in finance i know that our finance proffessors are very good (i am not a finance person so i dont know much about it but i can reffer you to one of my classmates who can tell you more if you want).

it is important to notice that the rankings are not the only think you should look at, they are sometimes biased or not accurate. for example, i know that CMU is not very well known for finance but we have top notch professors in that area. but then again, rectruiters do look at the rankings and many times go to schools based their reputation that is very much influenced by those rankings.

anyway, if you are interested in more information about CMU i will be happy to provide whatever i can.

Eynat

[email protected]

dalit
    חבר

שלום,

1. אילו הם בתי הספר ה"נחשבים" בתחום השיווק? היכן ניתן למצא דרוג עפ"י המסלולים (כפי שציינה עינת)?

2. במספר בתי ספר ראיתי שיש התמחות בתחום של ייעוץ. מה זה אומר? האם הכוונה היא לפרויקטים המבוצעים בחברות שונות, אשר במסגרתם הסטודנטים מבצעים עבודות ייעוץ?

תודה,

דלית

danteleman2002
    חבר

Dalit,

US News and World Report publishes general rankings as well as rankings for particular concentrations.

I would caution you though, that these rankings don't really carry a lot of weight as schools always strive to become more "general management" focused and would hire new faculty in areas where they are considered "weak".

If you insist on looking at "marketing" schools, I would probably mention Kellogg and Duke (and not just because this was my school).

Danny

gbiron
    חבר

Danny,

Any chance you can post the rankings (its a member section only) for finance ?

Gur

danteleman2002
    חבר

I don't have access to the reports other than to what appears on their web site, which only ranks the top 3.

Danny

terro
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

מיקי – הפאנל היה נחמד, לא מדהים. היו איזה 100 איש ושישה פנליסטים, לא ממש מה שאפשר לקרוא "שיחה אינטימית". נראה שהחבר'ה מ-IIMBA עשו עבודה יפה מאוד של הכנת הארוע, ובסה"כ בהחלט היה מה ללמוד שם. עכשיו נשאר רק להתקבל!

Terro

עומר
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 49
    gbiron
    חבר

I see that all the top schools are here, it seems like all the b-schools should be called finance schools…

Any one want to speculate where the top europian schools are ranked in this list ?

rkmba2002
    חבר

ציטוט: הכותב המקורי odrp ב- 12 יולי 03

Hi,

I have just been reading through all 15 pages of this forum and boy – I think I've got an idea for a soap opera…

As there's no moderator from Stanford –Impossible Mission – GSB, would someone care to send me some e-mail contact of an Israeli graduate? In the IIMBA event in Reichman (which was great, especially the rogalach) one of the graduates was from Stanford, but I'm afraid her e-mail is unavailable at the site.

I'd be grateful for any help,

Oded.

Oded, Check out http://www.iimba.org/moderators.asp
    There IS a moderator for Stanford.

Roy

mikik
    חבר

יש למישהו משהו להגיד על הנושא של EARLY DECISION?

למשל, באיזה בתי ספר יש את זה, והאם זה עוזר לסיכויי הקבלה?

gbiron
    חבר

אני יודע שלקולומביה יש ED, אני מניח שזה עוזר אם אתה מועמד ראוי, אני מניח שבשלב בראשוני בתי הספר נוטים לקבל מועמדים שה ממוצע ומעלה. ברוב המקומות שקראתי בנושא מתייחסים בערבון מוגבל לפניה בשלב המקדמי.

יתרונות: 1. מעיד על רצינות ומחויבות לביה"ס. 2. אם אתה מועמד ממוצע ללא סיפור מיוחד העובדה שיקרקאו את הבקשה שלך בין הראשונות יכולה לסייע.

חסרונות: כמו שציינתי אני חושב שבשלב המקדמי בתי הספר מעונינים ל"תפוס" את המועמדים הטובים יותר והיתרון בהגשת מועמדות בשלב ה- ED הוא שזה מחייב את הפונה.

terro
    חבר

אבקש עזרה מחברי הפורום: מי זו הבחורה בתמונה האחרונה והאם היא פנויה?!

dalit
    חבר

Can anyone please post rankings of other concentrations (like marketing)?

I'll appreciate it!!

Thanks!

terro
    חבר

מישהו יודע על מילגות כלשהן בקולומביה?

תודה.

עומר
    חבר
    gbiron
    חבר

עומר,

יש בחומר של usanews גם מידע על בתי ספר אירופאיים או שהם מתרכזים רק באמריקאים ?

עומר
    חבר

רק אמריקאיים

mikik
    חבר

הי

מישהו יודע איזה מהאוניברסיטאות עורכות את הראיונות בארץ? (אם בכלל???)

תודה.

rkmba2002
    חבר

ציטוט: הכותב המקורי mikik ב- 17 יולי 03

אני יודע על: Kellogg, Wharton, Michigan, LBS, INSEAD, MIT

יש בוודאי נוספות. בד"כ הראיון בארץ מתבצע ע"י בוגרים מתנדבים (alumni), ולעיתים ע"י נציגי בית הספר המגיעים לארץ (MIT למשל).

בנוסף חלק מבתי הספר מבצעים ראיון טלפוני, אני יודע על Darden ו HBS.

בכל מקרה הראיון מתבצע באנגלית.

uri levin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

Again, internship employment stats at London Business School:

All the Israelis (we're five) have a well paying internship. One of us has two.

EU passport:

I don't think that a foreign passport is a disadvantage. Moreover, in the UK, after the MBA you are eligible to work (there's no need for your employee to apply for a work permit).

Partner work permit:

Your partner receives a work permit automatically.

gbiron
    חבר

תודה מידע חשוב ומאיר עיניים

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 251 עד 300 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.